PDA

View Full Version : Who Transitioned Best? LMA, Bosh or Love?

Calispursfan11
03-17-2016, 02:58 PM
Of these three semi-superstars who left their shitty teams for greener pastures, which one has done the best job? I would say they have all adjusted to a beta role to some degree but for the good of the team so they are all successes, but which one has been the greatest success? Although Bosh has championships, he really dropped off severely from what he was in Toronto as did Love since his time in Minny (MVP candidate to non-all star status), so I actually think LMA has done the best job as he is rounding back into semi all-star form of late and has helped the Spurs move toward completion of a historic winning percentage.

steeledl
03-17-2016, 03:00 PM
Lma still alpha as fuck

PopTheGOAT
03-17-2016, 03:00 PM
Easy. Aldridge. He went to the Spurs.

TheGreatYacht
03-17-2016, 03:17 PM
LMAlpha. Hate when the Spurs force him to wander around the 3pt line in first quarters though. He's a post up player who needs more touches.

HarlemHeat37
03-17-2016, 03:19 PM
Their situations aren't comparable, at all:lol

Aldridge is the clear-cut #2 guy and is guaranteed a huge chunk of the offensive responsibility, every game..his touches aren't dramatically different..it's been the rest of the Spurs that have taken a backseat, for the most part..

Bosh was essentially asked to become a role player next to 2 ball-dominant players, and Love doesn't even have a role on his team..

KDKSpurs24
03-17-2016, 03:36 PM
Their situations aren't comparable, at all:lol

Aldridge is the clear-cut #2 guy and is guaranteed a huge chunk of the offensive responsibility, every game..his touches aren't dramatically different..it's been the rest of the Spurs that have taken a backseat, for the most part..

Bosh was essentially asked to become a role player next to 2 ball-dominant players, and Love doesn't even have a role on his team..

TheGreatYacht
03-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Also helps that Aldridge is better than any of those guys.

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Bosh, easily.

SAGirl
03-17-2016, 03:47 PM
Lamarcus, but he will have to cap it off with performances in the postseason.

dabom
03-17-2016, 03:50 PM
Bosh was barely making the playoffs in the EAST as the alpha. :lmao

What is that like 30 wins? :lmao

Love never made the playoffs as an alpha. :lmao

lilbthebasedgod
03-17-2016, 03:55 PM
Bosh or Aldridge. If Aldridge continues at this rate he's been doing lately, then him easily. If he goes back to how it was at the beginning/middle of the season, then bosh.

lefty
03-17-2016, 03:57 PM
Porker has not transitioned well

dabom
03-17-2016, 04:00 PM
Porker has not transitioned well

:lol

BillMc
03-17-2016, 04:03 PM
LMA, Bosh and Love in that order.

$pursDynasty
03-17-2016, 04:36 PM
Until LMA brings us a few rings I have to say Bosh, but LMA could eventually take the title because while Bosh learned his role during the Heatles era, he also lost parts of his (Toronto) game seemingly forever. LMA might be able to fit in but still be just as good at everything he was good at in Portland, just less often because of the depth of talent on the team. There is nothing that LMAlpha used to do, that he can't do now. Love has been exposed as a stat padder on a very poor team. People used to say Love was top 10 in the league, now everyone knows waaaaaaaay better. LMA gets an incomplete so far because the transition isn't complete, gotta see it in the playoffs too, but he can easily be the best. He is also part of a one two punch instead of the third wheel.

Mister Sinister
03-17-2016, 04:41 PM
LMA, Bosh, Love, though there's probably some bias in there.

DrunkTXLabrat
03-18-2016, 12:31 AM
There's only three types of people who give a shit... heat fans, cav fans, and spurs fans... gross!

Kawhitstorm
03-18-2016, 01:56 AM
Carlos Bruiser?:wakeup

Proxy
03-18-2016, 02:19 AM
other two were 3rd options...

Old School 44
03-18-2016, 07:52 AM
Love's not even in the conversation. Also, Bosh and Love's situations are completely different from Aldridge. They play(ed) for super alpha LeBron, so their role was diminished before they even set foot on the court. So out of Bosh and Love, it's Bosh hands down. Out of a Aldridge and Bosh, even though I think their situations are different, it's Aldridge. Aldridge is more the player he was in Portland. I'd argue in the Spurs system he's even better.

Chinook
03-18-2016, 08:06 AM
Bosh adjusted the most, but LMA has settled into a better role. Raptor went from an Aldridge-like score in Toronto to a true stretch-five. And he uses those skills more now than he even did with Lebron there. LMA has just had to be himself offensively but with better touches. The end result is a stable scorer who's only going to get better while Bosh was pretty much the Heat version of Danny Green for their fans (they always wanted to trade him).

I'm not sure what what have happened had they somehow been able to trade places. LMA seems very suited to be a center, so I think he would have been fine in that regard. But he's regressed as a three-point shooter, and I don't know that he'd be on a five-year Bird max right now like Bosh is. It's very hard to say how Raptor would have adjusted to the Spurs had he come over from Toronto, but a healthy version of current Bosh would work very well on both sides of the court.