PDA

View Full Version : Man what a bummer if the Warriors ends this streak..

spursistan
03-17-2016, 10:04 PM
just the type of "sit-in-your-place" cute little Spur team confidence-crusher if we fail the test. ..:depressed

TXstbobcat
03-17-2016, 10:05 PM
Spurs will win on Saterday night. Home win streak will continue.

TheGreatYacht
Spurs own them. Last game was an anomaly tbh tbh..

Non-Issue (Unless Pop pulls a 2014 tank job and wants us to get swept in the regular season just like against OKC.. Y'know to catch them off guard in the WCF)

HarlemHeat37
There would be a meltdown and rightfully so..everything is pointing to a Spurs win..

SpurPadre
03-17-2016, 10:06 PM
Their Finals MVP is not going to play. We better fucking win.

Texas_Ranger
03-17-2016, 10:08 PM
they'll be playing the Mavs a night before. The Spurs need to win this if they wanna show that they can play with them. Lose once again would be pretty bad. Especially if they lose by a lot.

Arcadian
03-17-2016, 10:45 PM
Pop will probably rest Leonard and Aldridge :lol

PopTheGOAT
03-17-2016, 10:48 PM
Not gonna lie, if we lose Saturday my spirits will be pretty crushed

ElNono
03-17-2016, 10:49 PM
It would suck, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. Still the regular season, we all know this Spurs team is extremely good, even without that record, and really, not even sure I want Pop giving Thompson and Curry 48 mins of practice against Kawhi/Danny, tbh...

dg7md
03-17-2016, 10:49 PM
I'm not too worried about it, regardless to what happens. Remember we were swept by OKC in 2014, look what happened.

I hope we win obviously, but no regular season game is going to crush me at this point.

Arcadian
03-17-2016, 10:50 PM
I don't want HCA vs GS. Put the pressure on them to not lose games 1-2. They'll choke

sasaint
03-17-2016, 10:50 PM
Dubs will exert extra effort to rain on our home court parade. I would hate to lose the streak to them, but I do not believe Pop will tip his playoff hand too much just to beat the Dubs and keep the streak alive.

Old School 44
03-17-2016, 10:54 PM
Just as amazing as the home winning streak is the fact the Warriors haven't beaten the Spurs in San Antonio in the regular season since 1997!!! Tim was a senior at Wake and Curry was only 8!

eyeh8u
03-17-2016, 11:01 PM
Believe. That's all we can do.

baseline bum
03-17-2016, 11:06 PM
I'm hoping for a win, but I could give a shit about streaks after the Spurs dropped 4 straight to OKC coming off a 20 win streak in 2012.

silverblackfan
03-17-2016, 11:13 PM
Winning this one would be nice. All the pressure that would increase on GS to get that record and the Spurs just had to win one more at home. Spurs are rolling and should handle them assuming they play great defense. If GS goes crazy and wins after a back-to-back, tip the hat.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-17-2016, 11:26 PM
Winning this one would be nice. All the pressure that would increase on GS to get that record and the Spurs just had to win one more at home. Spurs are rolling and should handle them assuming they play great defense. If GS goes crazy and wins after a back-to-back, tip the hat.

Yep. Best we can hope for is Mavs give them their money's worth, maybe even take them to OT... but still lose.

Kawhitstorm
03-17-2016, 11:32 PM
When it comes to teams w/ elite PGs, Curry/Worriers are as bad a matchup for Porker as Lillard/Blazers are the most idle matchup. If he tries to run a 2-man game w/ LMA expecting the seas to part then he's going to be dribbling the air out of the ball all game long.:lol

03-17-2016, 11:32 PM
I fully expect Pop to play Curry straight up with Parker for at least the first quarter...per par.

03-17-2016, 11:34 PM
When it comes to teams w/ elite PGs, Curry/Worriers are as bad a matchup for Porker as Lillard/Blazers are the most idle matchup. If he tries to run a 2-man game w/ LMA expecting the seas to part then he's going to be dribbling the air out of the ball all game long.:lol
:lol unfortunately. Hopefully we get more of Kawhi point forward action on Saturday and Parker playing off ball.

SAGirl
03-17-2016, 11:35 PM
After the game tonight I think Pop does want to win this but I am starting to suspect he will still tinker with lineups and put guys in experimental situations. The last time we tried that we were blown out. Some guys played a lot of minutes who are now out of the rotation and Tim didn't play.

I feel like Pop almost has to start over with K.Martin now in tow and Tim. That is the real test. So again probably some experiments. I feel like Anderson will also play some minutes just bc Pop will want to test him. He got a chance last time but he's developed confidence since then and most of his time was in garbage time, not real lineups but him with Boban, Simms, Ray and Rasual. None of those guys are playing right now. To get real film on Anderson Pop will probably need to get him 4-5 minutes.

Besides all that, we should win. I think the experiments will be for the first half again and in the second half guys will tighten up. The one thing I think Pop will not tolerate is defensive mistakes.

Should be an interesting game. I will probably write up a few essays if we loose:toast but I think we won't.:flag:

Kawhitstorm
03-17-2016, 11:37 PM
:lol unfortunately. Hopefully we get more of Kawhi point forward action on Saturday and Parker playing off ball.

Considering Iggy is out, Pop should run the offense through Kawhi (PnP w/ LMA instead of trying to post up Draymond) & go at Barnes who is a mediocre wing defender (got destroyed by LeBron:lol) while letting Porker run PnRs when Speights/Sideshow Bob are in the game.

It doesn't mean Porker has to stand in the corner but he shouldn't be stubborn if he can't breakdown the defense on an initial set coming off the loop. He should be cutting like K-Mart when LMA/Kawhi postup.

Another play I hope Pop doesn't call is the now dreaded 4-down for Timmay against Bogut trying to establish the paint.:lol

03-17-2016, 11:45 PM
Considering Iggy is out, Pop should run the offense through Kawhi (PnP w/ LMA instead of trying to post up Draymond) & go at Barnes who is a mediocre wing defender (got destroyed by LeBron:lol) while letting Porker run PnRs when Speights/Sideshow Bob are in the game.

It doesn't mean Porker has to stand in the corner but he shouldn't be stubborn if he can't breakdown the defense on an initial set coming off the loop. He should be cutting like K-Mart when LMA/Kawhi postup.

Another play I hope Pop doesn't call is the now dreaded 4-down for Timmay against Bogut trying to establish the paint.:lol
If I see a Tim/Bogut post up I'll know Pop isn't taking the game serious :lol but agreed.

dbestpro
03-17-2016, 11:49 PM
Keep it real. Pop will not show his playoff game plan. He does not care about this game as much as the fans do. He will try to win as long as he does not have to show his playoff hand.

Kawhitstorm
03-17-2016, 11:50 PM
If I see a Tim/Bogut post up I'll know Pop isn't taking the game serious :lol but agreed.

Pistons used to give Ben Wallace the ball on the 1st possession of EVERY game to keep him engaged so I won't be surprised if Pop did it.

houston spurs fan
03-18-2016, 12:56 AM
There would be a meltdown and rightfully so..everything is pointing to a Spurs win..
You are rooting hard for a Spurs loss and a bad performance from LMA. Get the fuck out Lakers fan.

HarlemHeat37
03-18-2016, 12:59 AM
You are rooting hard for a Spurs loss and a bad performance from LMA. Get the fuck out Lakers fan.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wp-ag/wp-content/uploads/sites/72/2015/09/Trumpreactionface.gif

BillMc
03-18-2016, 01:01 AM
Keep it real. Pop will not show his playoff game plan. He does not care about this game as much as the fans do. He will try to win as long as he does not have to show his playoff hand.

This.

phyzik
03-18-2016, 01:06 AM

this.

Pop will let the guys play vanilla basketball, win or lose.

Doesn't matter...

He will not be giving Kerr any ammo or insight for the playoffs, period.

I'm completely down with this even if it means losing all 4 regular season games. I wouldn't even put it past CIA Pop to let them win these games for a false sense of security/superiority. Dont get me wrong, GS is a MONSTER but surely Pop has something in mind to try against them and he isn't going to show his hand until it counts.

sexinthatsx
03-18-2016, 01:30 AM
Honestly, he's going to encourage the Spurs players to purposely commit unforced turnovers like they did the last game to make the Warriors think they're still the best team. Spurs would lose the battle, but win the war at the end.

Mugen
03-18-2016, 01:36 AM
:lol Last I checked, they don't put up banners for home winning streaks tbh

spurs10
03-18-2016, 01:37 AM
Well I'm glad I found this thread because I'm really wondering if Pop will play to win? It seems like Kerr will be pretty familiar with our team and waiting until the playoffs to figure how to play them is a two way street. I think a fair amount of experimenting will happen, but if we go too far in hiding our hand they will gladly lay another 30 point ass whooping on us.

If we really compete and make a concerted effort to not give Steph whatever he wants- I like our chances. This game is no more or less meaningful than any of the regular season games.

DenialTwist
03-18-2016, 02:35 AM
Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. Just like the last time they met, that was a painful game to watch.

spurs10
03-18-2016, 02:53 AM
Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. Just like the last time they met, that was a painful game to watch. That's kind of my point. I don't think they were prepared or competed well and the Warriors were more than happy to kick our butts. I don't think Kerr was worried in the least of showing his hand. He knew Steph would score at will against TP and Patty (no fault of their own really). Kawhi can probably score at will against Steph. Ii believe the team will play to win on Saturday and Pop may or may not play to win.

Mal
03-18-2016, 03:57 AM
Spurs riding 34-0 at home with Warriors coming. It`s important game. Also Warriors with 32-0 home record, and Spurs coming in near future

DenialTwist
03-18-2016, 04:40 AM
That's kind of my point. I don't think they were prepared or competed well and the Warriors were more than happy to kick our butts. I don't think Kerr was worried in the least of showing his hand. He knew Steph would score at will against TP and Patty (no fault of their own really). Kawhi can probably score at will against Steph. Ii believe the team will play to win on Saturday and Pop may or may not play to win.

The spurs looked demoralized in the 1st matchup. It was a let down considering all the hype NBA TV and ESPN were giving the game that sueprbowl weekend. It wasn't so much that they lost but that it was by 30 points, it started off bad and snowballed out of control quickly.

Another problem was that last time Kawhi only attempted like 6 shots, even the warriors beat writer Marcus Thompson criticized him for not bring aggressive enough and "taking over" the game like Curry and Klay. Funny thing is, the day before the game, the media interviewed Kerr and he talked about Parker's defense. I knew he would exploit it with Livingston, Iggy and Barnes because all they do is post him up when he is guarding them. You're right about one thing, Kerr gave the spurs plenty of game tape to review lol.

Yesterday, Curry said he wanted to end the spurs "streak." And remember what Strauss said recently, apparently the players aren't afraid of the spurs anymore (the mental intimidation factor is gone after that last game I guess) but the coaching staff has some trepidation.

Uriel
03-18-2016, 05:16 AM
BOLD PREDICTION: The Spurs will destroy the Warriors and win the game by 15+ points.

urunobili
03-18-2016, 05:52 AM
OKC swept the Spurs in 14. /thread #nonissue

FromWayDowntown
03-18-2016, 10:44 AM
The media will blow the game out of proportion and make it seem bigger than it is. If the Warriors win, it will fuel the story that they're among the greatest teams ever and it will basically bring an end to the meaningful portion of the Spurs' regular season. They're virtually assured the #2 seed at this point and a loss on Saturday will likely mean that they can't move up or down from that position, which will bring on the rest regime sooner. If the Spurs win, it will just be a win in Game 69 of the 82 game season against a team that is not whole and is playing on the second night of a back-to-back. A win will cause the Spurs to play on a bit longer in the hope of tracking GST down for the #1 spot.

I honestly expect a Warriors win, in the spirit of sending messages and whatnot. As ridiculous as it sounds, I think the game is more important to the Warriors than the Spurs for a lot of different reasons. 2014's truth about the meaning of regular season wins is part of that -- though the 2014 stat comes with the footnote of the Ibaka injury, which made a significant difference in the playoffs.

Ultimately, there would be some irony in the Warriors being the team to break the Spurs home winning streak, given that Golden State is 1-34 (including the playoffs) in San Antonio since Tim Duncan entered the league. Obviously, it's a very different time for the Warriors than it's been for most of that span.

urunobili
03-18-2016, 10:46 AM
http://img00.deviantart.net/75be/i/2005/115/7/e/__jump_off_a_cliff___emoticon_by_neek_zique.gif

ceperez
03-18-2016, 11:08 AM
I'm hoping they bring back Simmons to guard Curry. That way, they don't show their hand on what Leonard will do to him.

hater
03-18-2016, 11:13 AM
Rather lose now than in the playoffs tbh. Streaks have to end. Might as well end it in regular season.

Worriers by 20

Big Dog
03-18-2016, 11:14 AM
Lol regular season records. Yall are better than that.

DPG21920
03-18-2016, 11:17 AM
I'm hoping for a win, but I could give a shit about streaks after the Spurs dropped 4 straight to OKC coming off a 20 win streak in 2012.

This. That ended my belief in streaks.

Also, all anyone should care about is how SA looks vs them, win or lose. I'm strictly looking for anything that seems repeatable and successful for later with great effort. If they do those things and happen to lose, I will be disappointed but ok.

Budkin
03-18-2016, 11:31 AM
I don't think Pop needs to motivate them at all. They blew us out by 30 and our guys will be ready.

TDomination
03-18-2016, 11:48 AM
Rather lose now than in the playoffs tbh. Streaks have to end. Might as well end it in regular season.

Worriers by 20

Trust me we will lose at home before the playoffs start. But its not happening on Saturday. Spurs win Big

philldafunk
03-18-2016, 11:57 AM
I'm pulling for a thorough beatdown.

LaMarcus Bryant
03-18-2016, 03:27 PM

Ugh

That's when the spurs became sorry trash garbage mothafuckaz

Chris
03-18-2016, 04:10 PM
Pop will probably rest Leonard and Aldridge :lol

https://s17-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fgifsoup.com%2Fview4%2F16 46063%2Fpopovich-thumbs-up-o.gif&sp=37359937cd9942cde98dc0c4d7e167c2

BillMc
03-18-2016, 05:22 PM
Bummer but just a regular season game. The more they think they own us in the regular season, the easier it will be to steal the first game in Oakland during the playoffs.

Benoit
03-18-2016, 06:11 PM
I dont think we are going to care about this game

Dubs need motivation to kill like they did in the 1st game where the media was trying to portray the Spurs as a real challenger

Same with the games against the Cavs where we wanted to prove the media wrong

There wont be motivation tomorrow, Dubs have too many injuries and will be tired from the 2nd night of a back2back

03-18-2016, 06:16 PM
I'm hoping they bring back Simmons to guard Curry. That way, they don't show their hand on what Leonard will do to him.
Leonard gyarded him last game and last season. Lol @ people thinking Kawhi on Curry is Pop's secret adjustment he's saving for the playoffs.

tmtcsc
03-18-2016, 06:18 PM
The only thing better than beating the Warriors in the WCF is if they sweep us in the regular season and we destroy them when it counts. I mentioned this in another thread weeks ago but I don't think its going to happen. Every match up with the Warriors will be a learning experience. What lineups work, types of D, etc.. work against them. The first game was a total waste other than us learning that we weren't prepared for them. The silly, sloppy, unforced turnovers buried us in a whole and the game was out of reach.

The over abundance of love for GS has reached ridiculous proportions. They have two great shooters / scorers in Curry and Thompson, and a good system but their reliance on the 3 pointer will eventually be their downfall.

spursistan
03-18-2016, 06:19 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2016/0318/now_graphic.png

Benoit
The only thing better than beating the Warriors in the WCF is if they sweep us in the regular season and we destroy them when it counts. I mentioned this in another thread weeks ago but I don't think its going to happen. Every match up with the Warriors will be a learning experience. What lineups work, types of D, etc.. work against them. The first game was a total waste other than us learning that we weren't prepared for them. The silly, sloppy, unforced turnovers buried us in a whole and the game was out of reach.

The over abundance of love for GS has reached ridiculous proportions. They have two great shooters / scorers in Curry and Thompson, and a good system but their reliance on the 3 pointer will eventually be their downfall.

lmao you are probably one of the many idiots that said the same thing last season

Benoit
Leonard gyarded him last game and last season. Lol @ people thinking Kawhi on Curry is Pop's secret adjustment he's saving for the playoffs.

vHHI19eUliM

03-18-2016, 06:49 PM
vHHI19eUliM
Leonard doesn't defend the three point shot well, statistically. Allowing slightly above league average.

dabom
03-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Leonard doesn't defend the three point shot well, statistically. Allowing slightly above league average.

Is that due to guarding the best players? who can shoot the 3 and drive past you... you sually have to give a little tiny extra space.
and/or playing help defense or rotating early? especially since he is always guarding the whole basketball court.

I'm sure he could guard the 3 better but wouldn't fit the team philosophy.

spurs10
03-18-2016, 07:23 PM

The over abundance of love for GS has reached ridiculous proportions. They have two great shooters / scorers in Curry and Thompson, and a good system but their reliance on the 3 pointer will eventually be their downfall. Good post. How we guard the three in the playoffs will be huge. That's how a depleted Cavs gave them a fight. They were very fortunate that they faced them without Irving and Love. Now is the time to experiment with what works. I'm thinking we win big tomorrow if we want to.

daslicer
03-18-2016, 07:36 PM
It's not about winning the game tomorrow. It's all about finding out more about what works and doesn't work against GS.

TampaDude
03-18-2016, 08:07 PM
Spurs lose by 1 in Triple OT.

PopTheGOAT
03-18-2016, 08:08 PM
GS just hit 9 threes in the 1st vs. the Mavs. Curry finished with b2b ridiculous 3's...wtf, hopefully they get it out of their system

resistanze
03-18-2016, 08:22 PM
Warriors may rest starters at halftime tbh

PopTheGOAT
03-18-2016, 08:34 PM
Mavs somewhat staying in the game due to Warriors horrendous defense

loveforthegame
03-18-2016, 08:40 PM
Mavs are playing feisty but don't have enough to outlast the Warriors.

spurs10
03-18-2016, 08:54 PM
GSW also gave up 67 in a half. Their starters won't be sitting unless they want to forfeit and risk losing b2b

spurs10
03-18-2016, 08:56 PM
Mavs are playing feisty but don't have enough to outlast the Warriors. I hope they come out of the half looking to knock'em on their asses.

03-18-2016, 09:45 PM
Is that due to guarding the best players? who can shoot the 3 and drive past you... you sually have to give a little tiny extra space.
and/or playing help defense or rotating early? especially since he is always guarding the whole basketball court.

I'm sure he could guard the 3 better but wouldn't fit the team philosophy.
I don't know, it's a possibility I guess, but other primary defenders like Paul George allow 30% from three(Kawhi allows 35%).

Capt Bringdown
03-18-2016, 10:04 PM
Warriors are an unstoppable force of nature at this point. Spurs are still experiencing growing pains. Warriors by 20+

Benoit
03-18-2016, 10:04 PM
No Iggy
No Bogut
No Festus
Back2Back
@Home

If the Spurs dont win tomorrow they should be embarrassed

spursistan
03-18-2016, 10:16 PM

03-18-2016, 10:18 PM
Rusty Simmons ‏@Rusty_SFChron (https://twitter.com/Rusty_SFChron) 6m6 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/Rusty_SFChron/status/711026102907482112)
Steve Kerr said Andrew Bogut probably won't play tomorrow in San Antonio. "If I had any guts, I'd sit everybody."

03-18-2016, 10:22 PM
No Iggy
No Bogut
No Festus
Back2Back
@Home

If the Spurs dont win tomorrow they should be embarrassed:rolleyes Regular season wins/losses

boutons_deux
03-18-2016, 10:25 PM
18 - 27 3Gs, or they lose

Kawhitstorm
03-18-2016, 10:26 PM
Rusty Simmons ‏@Rusty_SFChron (https://twitter.com/Rusty_SFChron) 6m6 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/Rusty_SFChron/status/711026102907482112)
Steve Kerr said Andrew Bogut probably won't play tomorrow in San Antonio. "If I had any guts, I'd sit everybody."

Bogut didn't want any part of Timmay who gave him the business during their last meeting ("The Kawhi Game": http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504050SAS.html)

03-18-2016, 10:30 PM
Bogut didn't want any part of Timmay who gave him the business during their last meeting ("The Kawhi Game": http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504050SAS.html)
Kawhi had an absurd 70 Drating that game lol we'll need it tomorrow. Do you think they'll put him on Klay(like they should) or Curry?

Kawhitstorm
03-18-2016, 10:32 PM
Kawhi had an absurd 70 Drating that game lol we'll need it tomorrow. Do you think they'll put him on Klay(like they should) or Curry?

Pop starts w/ Porker/Patty then Danny before Kawhi gets the assignment in the 4th quarter.

03-18-2016, 10:35 PM
Pop starts w/ Porker/Patty then Danny before Kawhi gets the assignment in the 4th quarter.
Sounds about right.

tmtcsc
03-18-2016, 11:18 PM
lmao you are probably one of the many idiots that said the same thing last season

Dude, shut the fuck up you front-running bandwagon riding fool. You've been tooling around here for weeks, secretly afraid of the big bad wolf that is the Spurs. Deep down you know the Warriors clock will strike 12 and all the silly bullshit, hot trash shots that those little half white twinks make will come to an end.

look_at_g_shred
03-18-2016, 11:20 PM
Yea and down by 20+

weeks
03-18-2016, 11:26 PM
Is everybody ready for a total meltdown tomorrow night when the spurs come out half-assed and get buried before the half? You know the dubs are gonna play with a ton of energy and motivation .This is the final test for them before the playoffs, and you know Pop doesn't give two fucks

Kawhitstorm
03-18-2016, 11:31 PM
Yea and down by 20+

The only time the Worriers won at the Alamo during the Team Duncan era was when Klay went nuclear.

Owcl4wI6ye0