PDA

View Full Version : Slomo might be the key in beating the Dubs...

playbonner15
03-18-2016, 12:10 PM
Slomo guarding Curry then putting Kawhi on Draymond will let them switch on p nd rs or Slomo's length can bother Curry's shot and this will force the Dubs to rely on Draymond taking it to the hole for a 2, effectively disrupting their 3 point advantage. I think this is why Slomo is getting so much burn lately. Hope we will see a glimpse of this strategy on Sat. Curry is deceptively quick though so I hope Kyle can keep up. Fighting an anomaly with another anomaly tbh... light skinned nigga vs light skinned nigga, Curry vs Evil Curry, a guy who lives to shoot vs a guy who wont shoot.. I think this will be the biggest story in this year's playoffs

Dex
03-18-2016, 12:13 PM
Slomo guarding Curry

You lost me right about here.

TheMulletMan3000
03-18-2016, 12:30 PM
Slomo guarding Curry then putting Kawhi on Draymond will let them switch on p nd rs or Slomo's length can bother Curry's shot and this will force the Dubs to rely on Draymond taking it to the hole for a 2, effectively disrupting their 3 point advantage. I think this is why Slomo is getting so much burn lately. Hope we will see a glimpse of this strategy on Sat. Curry is deceptively quick though so I hope Kyle can keep up. Fighting an anomaly with another anomaly tbh... light skinned nigga vs light skinned nigga, Curry vs Evil Curry, a guy who lives to shoot vs a guy who wont shoot.. I think this will be the biggest story in this year's playoffs

From your mouth to Gods ears.

playbonner15
03-18-2016, 12:33 PM
You lost me right about here.

Exactly. The type of move that will confuse the enemy and ultimately win the war. Also written in Sun Tzu's Art of War

playbonner15
03-18-2016, 12:34 PM
From your mouth to Gods ears.

Yes also written in the Bible, another great strategy book

Dex
03-18-2016, 12:35 PM
Exactly. The type of move that will confuse the enemy and ultimately win the war. Also written in Sun Tzu's Art of War

Trying to stop a tank with a Super Soaker would also confuse the enemy, but it ain't gonna win you any wars.

SAGirl
03-18-2016, 12:36 PM
Probably trolling, but I do think the ability he has to generate deflections, steals and handle switches is useful. Our best players by far at that are Kawhi, then Green. After that everyone else switches but it ends up in a tremendous mismatch both ways except for Slowmo, rightfully a wing. Wings are your most versatile defensive players bc they can guard a variety of players for a possession or two while not being a huge/tremendous mismatch either way. Ppl forget Slowmo guarded Chris Paul very well in the Clippers game we played without Kawhi and he actually foiled a few PnR. Chris Paul had difficulty shooting over him or going around his incredible length and kept passing out Paul Pierce who had the mismatch on Tony. Pop tried the same scheme with Slowmo that game that he did with Kawhi. Kyle had a good game, but everyone else was off and played very poorly, including the bench (one of Diaws disappearing acts and Simmons' worst games).

Anyways, with the arrival of K.Martin Pop easily could have shelved Slowmo, send him to the dleague with Simmons. He hasn't bc Slowmo has proven to be an NBA player he can use in certain situations even in a championship caliber team. He's been laser focused on playing the 4 in small ball lineups, something he's done successfully this season. Take that as you will. I don't think he's some secret weapon or anything, but he's another wing with length that you have out there to help you in some situations. The thought of it is scary but he, Kawhi and Danny might end up switching a lot through a game and its possible he will guard 4s.

NASpurs
03-18-2016, 12:42 PM
As long as he keeps the server running, then he'll be da real MVP.

Chinook
03-18-2016, 12:43 PM
Anderson would be fine switching onto Curry. He really gave Paul fits. The best thing about his match-up with Curry would be that Steph doesn't really draw a ton of fouls on the perimeter. So Anderson can probably reach just without much fear of Curry making him pay. Obviously Curry is used to evading hands, but he hasn't dealt with many if any perimeter defenders with Anderson's length. All Kyle has to do is keep his feet on the ground, and he'll be surprisingly effective to some of you guys. This is even more important given that he's very adept at knocking away pocket-passes, and that's the likely result of hedging Steph hard.

SouthernFried
03-18-2016, 12:43 PM
Kyle's D has been the most surprising thing I've seen from him this year. He's actually pretty damn good at it.

He's long enough to be able to step back a little, and still disrupt a play. Even if someone gets around him, he's length helps him from behind. Should be interesting.

Cloud786
03-18-2016, 12:45 PM
No

Silver&Black
03-18-2016, 12:48 PM

:lol Beat me to it

playbonner15
03-18-2016, 12:53 PM
Probably trolling, but I do think the ability he has to generate deflections, steals and handle switches is useful. Our best players by far at that are Kawhi, then Green. After that everyone else switches but it ends up in a tremendous mismatch both ways except for Slowmo, rightfully a wing. Wings are your most versatile defensive players bc they can guard a variety of players for a possession or two while not being a huge/tremendous mismatch either way. Ppl forget Slowmo guarded Chris Paul very well in the Clippers game we played without Kawhi and he actually foiled a few PnR. Chris Paul had difficulty shooting over him or going around his incredible length and kept passing out Paul Pierce who had the mismatch on Tony. Pop tried the same scheme with Slowmo that game that he did with Kawhi. Kyle had a good game, but everyone else was off and played very poorly, including the bench (one of Diaws disappearing acts and Simmons' worst games).

Anyways, with the arrival of K.Martin Pop easily could have shelved Slowmo, send him to the dleague with Simmons. He hasn't bc Slowmo has proven to be an NBA player he can use in certain situations even in a championship caliber team. He's been laser focused on playing the 4 in small ball lineups, something he's done successfully this season. Take that as you will. I don't think he's some secret weapon or anything, but he's another wing with length that you have out there to help you in some situations. The thought of it is scary but he, Kawhi and Danny might end up switching a lot through a game and its possible he will guard 4s.

:bobo

Old School 44
03-18-2016, 12:55 PM
:lol I was thinking some Slovanian/Tonya Harding/Karate Kid type action. Sweep the leg!

Cry Havoc
03-18-2016, 01:09 PM

Until Curry sinks behind a screen and we're left with either Anderson fighting in vain to get through the screen or switching a big onto Steph.

Yeah, no. Kyle is one of our slowest players with regard to lateral movement. The Warriors would love to see Curry's quick release tried to get covered by that. It would be terrible.

Cry Havoc
03-18-2016, 01:10 PM
Trying to stop a tank with a Super Soaker would also confuse the enemy, but it ain't gonna win you any wars.

lefty
03-18-2016, 01:13 PM
Slow-venian servers will slow down Curry

r0drig0lac
03-18-2016, 01:15 PM
I agree and had already posted this some time, Kyle as pg may be the best alternative

TheDoctor
03-18-2016, 01:22 PM
Yes also written in the Bible, another great strategy book

Do you fear death?

tmtcsc
03-18-2016, 01:24 PM
Slomo guarding Curry

https://imageshack.com/a/img845/8231/dnd.gif

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
03-18-2016, 01:31 PM
:lol :lol

PopTheGOAT
03-18-2016, 01:34 PM
Let's just put Boban on Curry

San Antonio Slayer
03-18-2016, 01:35 PM
it has to be a team effort, not just KA with DG and KL. all the guys (TP, DG, KL, KA, PM, MG) has to put full court pressing on Curry in turns, 3-4 possessions or make a change after 2 scores in a row. it's ok if Curry scores 30, more important to close other guys on that team. damn i want LA get that personal revenge over Green.

EVAY
03-18-2016, 01:37 PM
I just don't see it, tbh. Hope you're right, but I believe that Kayle's length would be overcome by Curry's speed and quick release. I just don't see anyone on the Spurs' team actually being effective against Curry. If we can stop everyone else on the GS team we can win. But I don't want our guys getting in foul trouble trying to stop a guy by reaching in.

SAGirl
03-18-2016, 01:52 PM
Until Curry sinks behind a screen and we're left with either Anderson fighting in vain to get through the screen or switching a big onto Steph.

Yeah, no. Kyle is one of our slowest players with regard to lateral movement. The Warriors would love to see Curry's quick release tried to get covered by that. It would be terrible.
I think we will be switching everything with Slowmo, not fighting screens. The point of having him is precisely to switch.

dabom
03-18-2016, 02:00 PM

dabom
03-18-2016, 02:00 PM
some of ya are fucking idiots

RD2191
03-18-2016, 02:06 PM
DG is our only hope at slowing down Curry imo. A little Kawhi every now and then would also be good.

cd98
03-18-2016, 02:15 PM

Slomo length and all, can't guard Curry. We do need a person who can play point and guard Barnes so Kawhi and Green can guard Curry and Thompson.

LongtimeSpursFan
03-18-2016, 02:19 PM
I'm a big Anderson fan and I think kyle
can do a great job of slowing Curry. His head is big
enough to block Currys line of sight and his arms long enough to disrupt passing lanes.

Kikoluna
03-18-2016, 02:20 PM
Wow. That is the most ridiculous idea ever. Kyle shouldn't be on the team! Let alone guard curry. Again, How My knicks Are Going to win thread got scratched and not this is beyond me. Please light up the candles and pray Kyle doesn't play a second.

cd98
03-18-2016, 02:20 PM
I just don't see it, tbh. Hope you're right, but I believe that Kayle's length would be overcome by Curry's speed and quick release. I just don't see anyone on the Spurs' team actually being effective against Curry. If we can stop everyone else on the GS team we can win. But I don't want our guys getting in foul trouble trying to stop a guy by reaching in.

Curry will drive right past him. Curry is one of the best dribblers, and his outside shot makes you guard him so far out that he'll outquick his opponent and then score at the rim or with his elite midrange game. If a 3 guards him, he must be quick enough to recover. I don't think Kyle is.

RD2191
03-18-2016, 02:25 PM
Maybe slomo will do us a solid and pull an Horry on Steph.

ceperez
03-18-2016, 02:28 PM
The way Curry takes his jump shot, it isn't at the peak of the jump. So probably a player with Anderson's wingspan may have a good chance at altering that kind of shot.

I seriously doubt that Parker or Mills have any chance at bother Curry. Now an oversized guard like Anderson at 6'9" and 7'2" wingspan should at least be able to chase him out of the 3 point line. Let Curry beat you with mid range jumpers or layups.

bklynspursfan
03-18-2016, 02:29 PM
Until he stops hesitating on open shots, then he hurts the flow. Depending on how we are playing. If we're playing fast and pushing the pace, Pop will bench him if he doesn't take open shots.

SAGirl
03-18-2016, 02:37 PM
By the way this is not about one guy, dealing with GSW is a team effort. I just pointed out that Kyle allows you to use defensive schemes and switches that you can't with others, if the thought of Kyle on Curry scares you, wait until you see Curry guarded by Diaw, that should be the terrifying thought.

dabom
03-18-2016, 02:40 PM
Kyle on the floor is a terrible thought...

UZER
03-18-2016, 02:41 PM
Let curry go off. Just don't let him scrabble the entire defense while finding open guys because that's when they become the juggernaut. D him up, show help but stay home, and let him try to score 70. He can't carry that load for an entire series.

Kikoluna
03-18-2016, 02:41 PM
Kyle on the floor is a terrible thought...

Well said:bobo

dabom
03-18-2016, 02:43 PM
Well said:bobo

:toast

mookie2001
03-18-2016, 02:44 PM
Kyle needs to work on his passing off the dribble. The dude is supposed to be a point forward but all his drives are totally telegraphed and selfish.

UZER
03-18-2016, 02:47 PM
Also, rough up curry every chance you get, but nobody in today's league will do that.

Cry Havoc
03-18-2016, 02:48 PM
some of ya are fucking idiots

Jesus christ, dabom agrees with me. I don't know what to do right now.

dabom
03-18-2016, 02:52 PM
Jesus christ, dabom agrees with me. I don't know what to do right now.

Nothing really. You just said something correct. :tu

Cry Havoc
03-18-2016, 02:55 PM
I think we will be switching everything with Slowmo, not fighting screens. The point of having him is precisely to switch.

So.... essentially you have Duncan or LMA guarding Steph every possession? That's the solution?

dabom
03-18-2016, 02:58 PM
So.... essentially you have Duncan or LMA guarding Steph every possession? That's the solution?

She hasn't thought that far.

SAGirl
03-18-2016, 03:04 PM
No. I have been looking at what Pop is doing against small ball, and I have noticed two things, Slowmo is a big part if our team defense against small ball, Pop has lost total faith that Dias can handle those kind of matches and we h ave the record we hAve with slowmo playing a lot of small ball teams. Then I noticed against this kind of team we switch a lot. Kyle switches onto PG all the time when he plays. Again, Just said this is not Bout one guy, but w h at defensive schemes he allows you to use. Pop has also stayed big at times and let LMA guard and be guarded by a SF, in those cases they stay more traditional and don't switch everything. Both strategies have had mixed results, we have won with both and RS being a time to experiment it was right for Pop to try different things.

Last time we met Warriors we didn't have Timmy. We also hadn't used Kyle in January for so much small ball bc he really got chances after Timmy was injured. It's possible we see different schemes and Pop gives Currydifferent options.

My view though is that nobody is going to be navigating their screens the way they are being reffed. You will have to switch a lot whether you want to or not.

itzsoweezee
03-18-2016, 03:05 PM
He'd be a great option against Livingstone. Not sure about this curry idea.

LongtimeSpursFan
03-18-2016, 03:07 PM
By the way this is not about one guy, dealing with GSW is a team effort. I just pointed out that Kyle allows you to use defensive schemes and switches that you can't with others, if the thought of Kyle on Curry scares you, wait until you see Curry guarded by Diaw, that should be the terrifying thought.

I said earlier in the year that a lineup of Aldridge, Leonard, Anderson, Green and Ginobili is a team that can defend the perimeter can switch without losing length and all have great hands. This athletic, small lineup would have the shortest player at 6'5" and wingspan average of almost 7 ft. Warriors small lineup has Draymond or Livingston as its tallest player of 6'8"? None of which are great low post players.

dabom
03-18-2016, 03:10 PM
I said earlier in the year that a lineup of Aldridge, Leonard, Anderson, Green and Ginobili is a team that can defend the perimeter can switch without losing length and all have great hands. This athletic, small lineup would have the shortest player at 6'5" and wingspan average of almost 7 ft. Warriors small lineup has Draymond or Livingston as its tallest player of 6'8"? None of which are great low post players.

do you even watch basketball? There is a reason pop doesn't do no PG lineups. :lmao

DrSteffo
03-18-2016, 03:13 PM
I guess Kyle Anderson has to be on the floor 5-10 min per game until we get a better backup.

LongtimeSpursFan
03-18-2016, 03:18 PM
do you even watch basketball? There is a reason pop doesn't do no PG lineups. :lmao

I've been watching and playing basketball since before you and the emoticon were born.

Baseline21
03-18-2016, 03:22 PM
Danny and Kawhi will be taking turns on steph and Klay. Pop is figuring out who plays Barnes when he post up. I'm thinking pop plays Kyle on Barnes or Kevin Martin. I'm trying to figure
steph-green To start game.
klay-Kawhi To start game
barnes-Parker but will get limit mins fast/ early pull from pop
drey-LMA To start game
bogut-Duncan To start game. Then how the subs go and the game is playing and who's hot etc. This is the lineup pattern after the starting 5 and the start of 2nd half.
steph -green/Kawhi depends how hot steph is and foul trouble green is in
klay- a little Manu,martin
drey- Kawhi and some diaw
barnes-Kyle
iggy is out in this game but come playoffs-LMA Guards him and Drey when they go with this lineup
iggy is the one we can play off because between him and Drey are the by far the worse shooters on that lineup. Plus iggy dealing with a high ankle sprain so he might be hesitant come playoff time. Iggy is a streaking shooter but I'll live with him or Drey shooting outside then steph,Klay and Barnes.

MVPCues
03-18-2016, 03:25 PM
Funny thread. True laughing out load level...

Kawhitstorm
03-18-2016, 03:25 PM
Anderson would be fine switching onto Curry. He really gave Paul fits. The best thing about his match-up with Curry would be that Steph doesn't really draw a ton of fouls on the perimeter. So Anderson can probably reach just without much fear of Curry making him pay. Obviously Curry is used to evading hands, but he hasn't dealt with many if any perimeter defenders with Anderson's length. All Kyle has to do is keep his feet on the ground, and he'll be surprisingly effective to some of you guys. This is even more important given that he's very adept at knocking away pocket-passes, and that's the likely result of hedging Steph hard.

If Kyle's length is bothering him (which I doubt it will b/c Curry will just blow past him considering Kyle's lack of lateral quickness), the Worriers will just have him play off the ball which is Kyle's achilles heel considering he got burnt by McBuckets when the Spurs lost to the Bulls earlier in the season.

On the other hand, I think he will be fine playing the 4 while guarding Draymond since he can rebound & protect the rim.

JR3
03-18-2016, 03:35 PM
I actually agree that slomo is key to beating the Warriors but for a completely different reason. I think we could guard Shaun Livingston which is key to slowing down the Warriors and taking away one of their many competitive advantages.

Chinook
03-18-2016, 03:40 PM
If Kyle's length is bothering him (which I doubt it will b/c Curry will just blow past him considering Kyle's lack of lateral quickness), the Worriers will just have him play off the ball which is Kyle's achilles heel considering he got burnt by McBuckets when the Spurs lost to the Bulls earlier in the season.

On the other hand, I think he will be fine playing the 4 while guarding Draymond since he can rebound & protect the rim.

We're talking about a switch. Curry isn't going to run the PnR, get Anderson and then pass out to run a curl or something. And blowing passed anyone at that stage of a play is easier said that done. If Anderson hedges into a switch, Curry's going to have to reverse back to the middle. He'd be far too wide to have a driving lane long the side.

Baseline21
03-18-2016, 03:49 PM
We all know we need to take advantage when the subs come in. If our bench gets out played by their bench then we can be looking at next season or fuckin Kawhi/green got steph and Klay on lock down and LMA is abusing Drey. By looking at dubs sub in pattern. Steph comes out with 1 minute left or plays whole 1st quarter. So when he's off court for 3 to 4 mins of game time, that's when we gotta take advantage and put Parker in. He would be going up against Livingston but let's face it, he should still be able to blow by him and not settle for jumpers. Either lay ups or floaters but Parker hasn't been doing floaters for awhile now. Yeah Livingston has the size but Parker can play off him and when he post up that's when the double has to come quickly like west or Diaw. Who ever is guarding iggy at that time needs to leave him and double Livingston if posting Parker up. Spurs can't leave steph or Klay wide open because they can get hot and if they hit difficult shots so be it, just don't leave wide open shots. Barnes u just put a hand in his face. Iggy and Drey are the guys u can leave and float to help out on others. The thing about iggy and Drey is they like to cut to the basket, so u just give them space while they make that back cut. Those 2 guys suck at shooting and if they hit their shots we lose, Period. I'll live with Drey and iggy hitting those shots then the others. With all that said LMA needs to punish Drey and get him in foul trouble or abuse him down low. If KAWHI and LMA score 20 to 25 apiece like they're doing this month. Spurs can put up a blood bath. No one says this but SPURS seen it all and been thru nothing worse then game 6 2013 finals. That was the most crushing losses in sports history.( Seahawks loss was crushing too but u get my point) Yeah LMA and West haven't been thru the ringer yet but they been around a long time. This warriors team hasn't been thru shit or seen it all. If Spurs could steal one in there building during playoffs or someone gets hot on the Spurs like Danny green did in those 2013 finals. That's when everyone will say how is warriors going to respond and that's when doubt creeps in, especially if they tied the Bulls record or beat the record. LMA and KAWHI just got to take it personal towards dubs. All I got to say is I can't wait.

EVAY
03-18-2016, 04:04 PM

Don't really imagine that anyone, whether or not they think Kyle is/would be able to effectively guard Curry, is suggesting that Diaw is an answer. Just because I don't see Anderson as able to guard Curry does not imply that I think someone else CAN do it, nor is my hesitation to endorse Anderson guarding Curry a knock against Anderson. I am on record as saying that I think that we need to keep the rest of GSW from scoring, and that Curry is going to get his regardless. Maybe Anderson on Thompson?

GSW will be on the second game of a back to back. I recommend making Curry run as much as possible chasing our guards all over the court for three quarters, and hope that his shot is off a bit by the fourth, when he is usually so deadly in a comeback for his team. I believe that we can make Curry work harder for his points than most other teams, and I think we have a chance to stop the rest of the Warriors. I just don't think that we should have any expectations about Kyle's length being much of a force against the speed and quick release of Curry, if he is on his game.

peacemaker885
03-18-2016, 04:06 PM
Only thing that can stop Curry is a bad shooting night. Spurs have to make their shots. No slow starts. Focus.

EVAY
03-18-2016, 04:06 PM
Let curry go off. Just don't let him scrabble the entire defense while finding open guys because that's when they become the juggernaut. D him up, show help but stay home, and let him try to score 70. He can't carry that load for an entire series.

Pretty much, imo.

Cry Havoc
03-18-2016, 04:07 PM
No. I have been looking at what Pop is doing against small ball, and I have noticed two things, Slowmo is a big part if our team defense against small ball, Pop has lost total faith that Dias can handle those kind of matches and we h ave the record we hAve with slowmo playing a lot of small ball teams. Then I noticed against this kind of team we switch a lot. Kyle switches onto PG all the time when he plays. Again, Just said this is not Bout one guy, but w h at defensive schemes he allows you to use. Pop has also stayed big at times and let LMA guard and be guarded by a SF, in those cases they stay more traditional and don't switch everything. Both strategies have had mixed results, we have won with both and RS being a time to experiment it was right for Pop to try different things.

Last time we met Warriors we didn't have Timmy. We also hadn't used Kyle in January for so much small ball bc he really got chances after Timmy was injured. It's possible we see different schemes and Pop gives Currydifferent options.

My view though is that nobody is going to be navigating their screens the way they are being reffed. You will have to switch a lot whether you want to or not.

I'm sorry. Diaw is hopeless on Curry. If just having a guy with length was all it took to beat the Dubs, don't you think some other teams with rangy defenders would be employing it?

Switching on screens is just asking Curry to drop 50 on us, or dice our defense up on whoever switches to Bogut/Green. It's baffling that you think switching is the key to stopping the most potent offensive player since Michael Jordan.

Cry Havoc
03-18-2016, 04:09 PM

Yes. Let's let the best shooter in NBA history get his. You realize that Curry could EASILY drop 50 points a night if we let him have his shots, right?

Kawhitstorm
03-18-2016, 04:09 PM
We're talking about a switch. Curry isn't going to run the PnR, get Anderson and then pass out to run a curl or something. And blowing passed anyone at that stage of a play is easier said that done. If Anderson hedges into a switch, Curry's going to have to reverse back to the middle. He'd be far too wide to have a driving lane long the side.

The Worriers barely ran any Curry/Draymond PnRs during the 1st matchup b/c Curry was doing fine torching Porker on isolation & transition. Then he proceeded to play off the ball when Kawhi was on him.

TDomination
03-18-2016, 04:20 PM
Yes. Let's let the best shooter in NBA history get his. You realize that Curry could EASILY drop 50 points a night if we let him have his shots, right?
Yes but 50 pts won't kill you.

Its when Green, Iggy, Thompson, Barbosa, etc go off that they are extremely dangerous.

An example is like when Irving got 50 on us. We still should've won, we went to OT but him getting 50 was not the sole reason they won.

Curry will get his regardless. But we might as well not let others get involved. An example would be to never leave Thompson regardless of whats going on.

Chinook
03-18-2016, 04:21 PM
The Worriers barely ran any Curry/Draymond PnRs during the 1st matchup b/c Curry was doing fine torching Porker on isolation & transition. Then he proceeded to play off the ball when Kawhi was on him.

Damn you for making me watch the highlights of that game again. However, after looking at them, I am really not worried about this match-up. First, there were a lot of points Steph scored that the Spurs could prevent by just not turning ball over or losing defensive integrity in loose-ball situations. Second, Kawhi was on Curry for who of his scores, and Green was on him for none of them. So Steph was lighting up guys who won't see real minutes on him. Whoopty-doo. You are correct that the Warriors didn't run PnRs against the Spurs, and I guess it was Kerr not wanting to give Pop a chance to deal with it. But Pop play NO defensive scheme at all. None. Curry may well averaged under 25 in a match-up with the Spurs in the post-season. Hell, he might even have games under 20.

Chinook
03-18-2016, 04:23 PM
Switching on screens is just asking Curry to drop 50 on us, or dice our defense up on whoever switches to Bogut/Green.

Those aren't equivalent outcomes. Green isn't dominating Kawhi or Danny, and even if he made a slick pass, that's just a two -- probably a contested one at that.

r0drig0lac
03-18-2016, 04:25 PM
If just having a guy with length was all it took to beat the Dubs, don't you think some other teams with rangy defenders would be employing it?

Bucks had success in the first game, and would have won the second if not for refs

Cry Havoc
03-18-2016, 04:25 PM
Yes but 50 pts won't kill you.

Its when Green, Iggy, Thompson, Barbosa, etc go off that they are extremely dangerous.

An example is like when Irving got 50 on us. We still should've won, we went to OT but him getting 50 was not the sole reason they won.

Curry will get his regardless. But we might as well not let others get involved. An example would be to never leave Thompson regardless of whats going on.

If Curry gets 50, the rest of the starters don't even need to average 15ppg each to get the dubs to 100. That is not a recipe for success. You aren't going to completely stop Green & Klay from scoring, nor Curry from facilitating. If you let Curry average 50ppg for the series we'd be lucky to not get swept.

TheGreatYacht
03-18-2016, 04:26 PM
Sheesh. Some of you really might be legit retarded

Kawhitstorm
Damn you for making me watch the highlights of that game again. However, after looking at them, I am really not worried about this match-up. First, there were a lot of points Steph scored that the Spurs could prevent by just not turning ball over or losing defensive integrity in loose-ball situations. Second, Kawhi was on Curry for who of his scores, and Green was on him for none of them. So Steph was lighting up guys who won't see real minutes on him. Whoopty-doo. You are correct that the Warriors didn't run PnRs against the Spurs, and I guess it was Kerr not wanting to give Pop a chance to deal with it. But Pop play NO defensive scheme at all. None. Curry may well averaged under 25 in a match-up with the Spurs in the post-season. Hell, he might even have games under 20.

Curry scores a lot of point in transition or secondary breaks so trying to cross-match is going to be a disaster especially considering how shitty the team has been when it comes to transition D which was why Pop kept calling timeouts to yell at Manu/Kyle against the Blazers.:lol Curry is going to have his way unless the Spurs keep the turnover to a minimum & don't brick 3s that lead to long rebounds. (Danny/Porker/Manu being the three main culprits in those department)

Cry Havoc
Bucks had success in the first game, and would have won the second if not for refs

The first game where they beat GS was something like their 6th game in 9 days and it was on the road. As much of a scheduled loss as you could ever have.

aal04
I dont mind the idea. Put someone tall on him to stop the 3 and let him drive every single time.

Chinook
03-18-2016, 04:32 PM
Curry scores a lot of point in transition or secondary breaks so trying to cross-match is going to be a disaster especially considering how shitty the team has been when it comes to transition D which was why Pop kept calling timeouts to yell at Manu/Kyle against the Blazers.:lol Curry is going to have his way unless the Spurs keep the turnover to a minimum & don't brick 3s that lead to long rebounds.

Yeah, but that's in the Spurs' control. I think if they play an average offensive game, they'll actually win. Pop needs to stop making his team fear GS. It's not even about them.

r0drig0lac
03-18-2016, 04:32 PM
The first game where they beat GS was something like their 6th game in 9 days and it was on the road. As much of a scheduled loss as you could ever have.

they were dominating the second match, until Giannis receive two ridiculous fouls in two minutes.
I really think the size and attack the rim aggressively it is how someone will beat them

Kawhitstorm
03-18-2016, 04:35 PM
Yeah, but that's in the Spurs' control. I think if they play an average offensive game, they'll actually win. Pop needs to stop making his team fear GS. It's not even about them.
My main fear is Porker trying to duel w/ Curry or Manu trying to play hero-ball. Pop needs to have a short leash on those two.:pop:

TheGreatYacht
03-18-2016, 04:43 PM
Fastest release of all time vs Slowest scrub of all time

That'll work!!

http://i.imgbox.com/YESw9Fjp.gif

TDomination
03-18-2016, 04:47 PM
I dont mind the idea. Put someone tall on him to stop the 3 and let him drive every single time.

This doesn't really work though because he'll either back up further or just side step it. He's done both before plenty of times.

Chinook
03-18-2016, 04:57 PM
This doesn't really work though because he'll either back up further or just side step it. He's done both before plenty of times.

This might sound scary to people, but there is very little wrong with letting Steph get off 30-plus--foot step-backs. Those are back-breakers when done at the right time, but they aren't something you can do for a whole game. Less than 10 percent of his threes come from beyond 28 feet. His efficiency would plummet if that number rose to like 40 or 50 percent.

dabom
03-18-2016, 04:58 PM
Fastest release of all time vs Slowest scrub of all time

That'll work!!

http://i.imgbox.com/YESw9Fjp.gif

Fathead can't even defend his own guy vs the blazers. :lmao

dabom
03-18-2016, 04:59 PM
He is the secret weapon vs the best player in the NBA right now? :lmao

RD2191
03-18-2016, 05:00 PM
:cry:cry:cry:cryCry faggot defending his gay area warriors

BillMc
03-18-2016, 05:02 PM
He is the secret weapon vs the best player in the NBA right now? :lmao

Kawhi is the best player in the NBA right now. :king

RD2191
03-18-2016, 05:03 PM

Did you have an icantlie with truth chips for lunch?

SAGirl
03-18-2016, 05:04 PM

Not s saying he's a quick guy, but I have to correct you there. The guy mcbuckets burned was Manu.

TheGreatYacht
03-18-2016, 05:04 PM
If the gameplan is to have Curry go off, why not just leave Parker in there? Fat head literally offers nothing, any where, all the time.

Vending Machine head Per 36:
10.5ppg, 6.8rpg, 3.4apg, 1.9TO, 0.3 3PM

Those are D-League bench warmer numbers.

BillMc
03-18-2016, 05:20 PM
Did you have an icantlie with truth chips for lunch?

Actually chicken gyro with french fries. :lol

RD2191
03-18-2016, 05:22 PM
Actually chicken gyro with french fries. :lol

French? Traitor! Jk

BillMc
03-18-2016, 05:33 PM
French? Traitor! Jk

Do you still call them freedom fries? :lol

dabom
03-18-2016, 06:13 PM

Top 5 poster. :claw

BillMc
03-18-2016, 06:17 PM
Top 5 poster. :claw

I'm bottom 5 without the Melissa pics, tbh. :lol

dabom
03-18-2016, 06:18 PM
I'm bottom 5 without the Melissa pics, tbh. :lol

Melissa pics. Top 3. :hat

Benoit
03-18-2016, 06:20 PM
Who the hell is Slomo?? lmao

KenziE
03-18-2016, 06:33 PM
Believe you and me

when and if they meet in the playoffs the GSW will be in for a rude awakening .

Cry Havoc
03-18-2016, 06:37 PM
:cry:cry:cry:cryCry faggot defending his gay area warriors

Rob still not talking basketball. Even your crew is backing me here, you better be careful.

RD2191
03-18-2016, 06:42 PM
Do you still call them freedom fries? :lol
I've never not called them freedom fries. :hat Brb, my liberty toast is almost done.

SAGirl
03-18-2016, 06:55 PM

The reality is that we played so poorly, what with our 25 TO and all, that they really didn't need to show us their full arsenal either. Kerr could stay CIA Kerr too. We pretty much beat ourselves. Pop was hoping Simmons had an answer for Curry, he did make Curry work, but he still got his. The point is Curry will still get his, but he also got so many easy ones and so did everyone else. They really killed us with backdoor cuts and exploiting mismatches when guys got doubled up. That was it, everything else we did to ourselves.

Our weakness is their strength. Patty and Tony can't guard Curry or Livingston. They didn't even need the PnR.

Even RC admitted this is a concern and one of the reasons they got A.Miller. Now whether Pop plans to use Miller at all I don't know. But he might use Slowmo, bc he's continued to play a very specific role.

UZER
03-18-2016, 07:09 PM

The point of letting curry get his while staying home the others is to eliminate all the confusion, scrabbling which leads to back doors and demoralized your D. It's as much psychological warfare with GSW as physical.

Yes, let curry get 50, if he shoots and scores, so be it. Him shooting is a psychological win for you team because he's essentially doing what you're allowing / wanting him to do, even if he scores because you'll be keeping everyone else under control.

The human brain will not let a player shoot 50 times a game for an entire series. At some point he will start forcing passes to his teammates trying to get them involved, and we've already seen Raymond throw his hissy fits.

Sure, he can score alot of points, but mentally it will start taking its toll on the GSW. And this is a strategy only the spurs would we disciplined enough to pull off. If he can take down the spurs D I'm a playoffs series, then he is the hardest mo fo on the planet. I don't think he

playbonner15
03-18-2016, 07:12 PM
The idea here is funneling Curry to Kawhi/ Green then letting KA switch to the screener who is usually Draymond. I think KA can cover Dray. Slomo fully covering Curry is the last thing we want. Although if that happens, KA's length can bother Curry to some extent, unlike Parker, mills who are faster but gets demolished on guarding their P nd Rs

playbonner15
03-18-2016, 07:17 PM

Exactly. Okc also employed the strategy I stated. If not for Durant fouling out, they couldve won the game

Das Texan
03-18-2016, 07:52 PM

I wouldnt be shocked to see Pop try it a bit in at least one of the 3 remaining games with them

Arcadian
03-18-2016, 07:54 PM
Generally, people with "slow" in their nickname aren't going to be the "key" to anything.

BillMc
03-18-2016, 08:09 PM
Generally, people with "slow" in their nickname aren't going to be the "key" to anything.

Slowhand was key to Cream's success. :lol

playbonner15
03-18-2016, 08:40 PM
I wouldnt be shocked to see Pop try it a bit in at least one of the 3 remaining games with them

Yeah I think he's tried this a little bit vs CP3 then vs Lillard. I think he'll fully utilize this strategy in the playoffs

ceperez
03-18-2016, 10:18 PM
KA is likely key against Livingston and not Curry.

look_at_g_shred
03-18-2016, 11:19 PM
The point of letting curry get his while staying home the others is to eliminate all the confusion, scrabbling which leads to back doors and demoralized your D. It's as much psychological warfare with GSW as physical.

Yes, let curry get 50, if he shoots and scores, so be it. Him shooting is a psychological win for you team because he's essentially doing what you're allowing / wanting him to do, even if he scores because you'll be keeping everyone else under control.

The human brain will not let a player shoot 50 times a game for an entire series. At some point he will start forcing passes to his teammates trying to get them involved, and we've already seen Raymond throw his hissy fits.

Sure, he can score alot of points, but mentally it will start taking its toll on the GSW. And this is a strategy only the spurs would we disciplined enough to pull off. If he can take down the spurs D I'm a playoffs series, then he is the hardest mo fo on the planet. I don't think he
Quite possibly the smartest game plan I've ever heard of.

Kawhitstorm
03-18-2016, 11:22 PM
Not s saying he's a quick guy, but I have to correct you there. The guy mcbuckets burned was Manu.

9:15

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/sa.png&h=100&w=100
Danny Green enters the game for Manu Ginobili
28 - 27

9:07
Patty Mills misses 18-foot jumper
28 - 27

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/chi.png&h=100&w=100
Doug McDermott defensive rebound
28 - 27

8:56
Doug McDermott makes 16-foot jumper (Joakim Noah assists)
28 - 29

Kyle Anderson shooting foul (Doug McDermott draws the foul)
28 - 29

Doug McDermott makes free throw 1 of 1
28 - 30

8:37
Boris Diaw misses 12-foot jumper
28 - 30

Joakim Noah defensive rebound
28 - 30

8:30
Derrick Rose misses 15-foot jumper
28 - 30

Danny Green defensive rebound
28 - 30

Taj Gibson personal foul (David West draws the foul)
28 - 30

8:11
Danny Green misses 19-foot jumper
28 - 30

Tony Snell defensive rebound
28 - 30

7:58
Derrick Rose misses driving layup
28 - 30

Boris Diaw defensive rebound
28 - 30

7:43
Danny Green makes two point shot
30 - 30

7:37
Doug McDermott makes two point shot (Derrick Rose assists)
30 - 32

7:13
30 - 32

7:11
30 - 32

7:05
David West blocks Derrick Rose 's 4-foot jumper
30 - 32

Bulls offensive team rebound
30 - 32

Tony Parker enters the game for Kyle Anderson
30 - 32

SAGirl
03-19-2016, 04:53 AM
9:15
Danny Green enters the game for Manu Ginobili
28 - 27

Patty Mills misses 18-foot jumper
28 - 27

Doug McDermott defensive rebound
28 - 27

Doug McDermott makes 16-foot jumper (Joakim Noah assists)
28 - 29

Kyle Anderson shooting foul (Doug McDermott draws the foul)
28 - 29

Doug McDermott makes free throw 1 of 1
28 - 30

Boris Diaw misses 12-foot jumper
28 - 30

28 - 30

Derrick Rose misses 15-foot jumper
28 - 30

Danny Green defensive rebound
28 - 30

Taj Gibson personal foul (David West draws the foul)
28 - 30

28 - 30

Tony Snell defensive rebound
28 - 30

Derrick Rose misses driving layup
28 - 30

Boris Diaw defensive rebound
28 - 30

7:43
Danny Green makes two point shot
30 - 30

7:37
Doug McDermott makes two point shot (Derrick Rose assists)
30 - 32

7:13
30 - 32

7:11
30 - 32

David West blocks Derrick Rose 's 4-foot jumper
30 - 32

Bulls offensive team rebound
30 - 32

Tony Parker enters the game for Kyle Anderson
30 - 32

I remember that game well. It was a very early season game where he was in a very short leash anyways. He was assigned to Snell and played less than 5 minutes.

You can look up all the other buckets McDermott made on Manu. Yes he fouled Mcbuckets from an O board, which was an early season mistake, but you stating he hot burned the whole game us a mischaracterization. Like I said, the guy who git burned repeatedly was MAnu who McDermott scored most of his buckets on. You can look that one up too.

james evans
03-19-2016, 07:00 AM
I don't give a damn who's guarding him, but if it's Parker, expect a 20 pt 1st quarter.

james evans
03-19-2016, 07:01 AM

HOw the lakers were beat by Larry Brown and the pistons. Let Shaq get his points and shut everyone else down.

KenziE
03-19-2016, 10:18 AM

this is crazy good idea

playbonner15
04-08-2016, 07:29 PM
Called it... guy should run the offense from time to time in the POs

ace3g
04-08-2016, 07:32 PM
At least on one play where Curry was forced to switch on Kyle, he recognized the mismatch and immediately backed Curry in the paint for an easy shot. Something Pop should look at exploiting when Kyle and Curry are on the court at the same time.

Chinook
04-08-2016, 08:32 PM
Anderson is taller than most of GS' roster. He just needs to go for the shot instead of looking to pass so much.

SAGirl
04-09-2016, 02:12 AM
We shall see he had a bad shooting night against Denver but he was posting up and his jump shot wasn't falling. Some nights you have them like that. I am sure he will bounce back.

The question is if Pop is going to push him this season or not. I think a few of us are intrigued by what kind of problems he can present GSW with if he had a mind to start presenting problems, even to dish, or specially to dish. That is on Pop. He's not going to step out of the plan.

GSH
04-09-2016, 02:19 AM
Anderson is taller than most of GS' roster. He just needs to go for the shot instead of looking to pass so much.

The Spurs "good-to-great" philosophy breaks all to hell with Fathead. The Spurs pass the ball around, get the great shot they want... and Anderson won't take it. Instead he passes to someone who can't possibly get a good shot up, and the team winds up settling for some off-balance desperation shot near the buzzer. I've watched him do it way too many times. When the team works that hard to get a great shot... take the fucking shot!

SAGirl
04-09-2016, 02:36 AM
The Spurs "good-to-great" philosophy breaks all to hell with Fathead. The Spurs pass the ball around, get the great shot they want... and Anderson won't take it. Instead he passes to someone who can't possibly get a good shot up, and the team winds up settling for some off-balance desperation shot near the buzzer. I've watched him do it way too many times. When the team works that hard to get a great shot... take the fucking shot!
He was much more like that than he's been lately though. He's not refusing the corner 3 if he's open. He used to pass up those shots up much more.

DenialTwist
04-09-2016, 04:09 AM

I don't know how many times this season I noticed SloMo pass up a great shot. I remember that Lakers game in L.A. where he passed up so many open threes, he looks terrified to shoot. He needs to stop hesitating. That is what's keeping him from being great.