PDA

View Full Version : What does this Parker quote remind you of?

TheDoctor
03-18-2016, 08:37 PM
“I feel great,” Parker said. “I love playing with him (Aldridge). I know exactly where he’s going to be. It’s funny because even if he hits five shots in a row, they (defenders) still both staying with me. I’m like, ‘Go to LaMarcus. Go guard him.’

“They still give him that wide-open shot. He got a lot tonight. He got a lot of shots. He’s been knocking them down.”

TheGreatYacht
03-18-2016, 08:40 PM
Sounds like the quote from the Finals Manu Ginobili cost us

Ice009
03-18-2016, 08:40 PM
Why does he have to open his mouth with comments like this. I wonder how this comment would go down around here if he said it in a playoff series.

Canyonero
03-18-2016, 08:41 PM
Tony Parker staring gif

TheGreatYacht
03-18-2016, 08:41 PM
Why does he have to open his mouth with comments like this. I wonder how this comment would go down around here if he said it in a playoff series.
Right? The Miami Heat would've never noticed that Danny Green broke the 3pt record, I'm sure they've would've kept leaving him open if Parker wouldn't of said anything.

Faggots

dabom
03-18-2016, 08:43 PM
He always like to bring up how someone played great because of him. I can literally get 15-20 more of those.

Even boris does the same. Must be a french thing. I remember Kawhi coming back and Kawhi grabbed a ton of rebounds and boris was like "we box out". motherfucker you can't get a rebound even if people box out for you. :lmao

ElNono
03-18-2016, 08:43 PM
Reminds me of Parker... but talk is cheap, tbh... hopefully that 2-man game works against the Dubs

dabom
03-18-2016, 08:44 PM
When I read it in ESPN I laughed seriously. Thanks for bringing it up. :lol

daslicer
03-18-2016, 08:45 PM

It always surprises me in here when people get angry at these type of comments thinking that opponent gain some knowledge from it without realizing NBA coaching staff's always figure out team's offenses regardless of what players say. Just as stupid as people going crazy over Parker's comments in the '13 finals when he said he was surprised the Heat were leaving Green open for 3's. I always laugh at people thinking that the Heat suddenly made the adjustment to guard Green after Parker made those comments when in reality they were going to make the adjustment regardless of the comments.

Slippy
03-18-2016, 08:46 PM
Tony making sure he still gets his shots. Lol

Concerning part is he took this long in the season to work out that it could happen.

NASpurs
03-18-2016, 08:46 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about this:

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/tony-parker-explains-why-the-warriors-don-t-measure-up-to-mj-s-bulls-or-the-spurs-031816

ElNono
03-18-2016, 08:47 PM
It always surprises me in here when people get angry at these type of comments thinking that opponent gain some knowledge from it without realizing NBA coaching staff's always figure out team's offenses regardless of what players say. Just as stupid as people going crazy over Parker's comments in the '13 finals when he said he was surprised the Heat were leaving Green open for 3's. I always laugh at people thinking that the Heat suddenly made the adjustment to guard Green after Parker made those comments when in reality they were going to make the adjustment regardless of the comments.

You're giving waaaay too much credit to NBA coaches, tbh... Terry Stotts didn't figure out for an entire series that Marco Belineli is a turnstile on defense. I'm not saying Phillibeaner wouldn't have figured it out, but there's no need to clue people in.

Ice009
03-18-2016, 08:50 PM
Right? The Miami Heat would've never noticed that Danny Green broke the 3pt record, I'm sure they've would've kept leaving him open if Parker wouldn't of said anything.

Faggots

Personally, I don't care about the comment, but I'd rather he not point it out. Of course the other team knows it, but Parker saying it kind of makes it embarrassing for his teammates and downplays them as if he's the one that is making it happen for them and that is the main reason for it. I was just saying the reaction around here wouldn't be good, and already, in a few minutes since this thread was posted, it isn't.

dabom
03-18-2016, 08:51 PM
Someone asked Pop for what adjustments he made and Pop was like "that's our business" :lol

Porker just spills the beans like a fucking frenchy. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
03-18-2016, 08:51 PM

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/tony-parker-explains-why-the-warriors-don-t-measure-up-to-mj-s-bulls-or-the-spurs-031816
Faggot that wrote the article implying the Worriers will top the Spurs if they win it this year lmfao. Tony ain't wrong though.. Doubt Stephen can keep it up for 10 years, he's already 27

TheGreatYacht
03-18-2016, 08:53 PM
Personally, I don't care about the comment, but I'd rather he not point it out. Of course the other team knows it, but Parker saying it kind of makes it embarrassing for his teammates and downplays them as if he's the one that is making it happen for them and that is the main reason for it. I was just saying the reaction around here wouldn't be good, and already, in a few minutes since this thread was posted, it isn't.
No one is saying anything negative besides the fake engineer, but no one takes him seriously.

ElNono
03-18-2016, 08:53 PM

Tony is absolutely right there, tbh... yet to be seen if they end up being any better than the Miami superfriends...

daslicer
03-18-2016, 08:56 PM
You're giving waaaay too much credit to NBA coaches, tbh... Terry Stotts didn't figure out for an entire series that Marco Belineli is a turnstile on defense. I'm not saying Phillibeaner wouldn't have figured it out, but there's no need to clue people in.

I see what your saying but I think Spo would have figured it out since the media kept talking about Green's great shooting and plus star players have huge egos. Lebron,Wade were pissed off about getting lit up by Green. I just had a feeling prior to game 6 they were determined not to get beat by Green.

Ice009
03-18-2016, 08:59 PM
It can hurt your own teammates confidence too depending on the demeanor of the player. Green can be fragile at times and Tony saying that might not have helped him at all.

If I was his teammate, I'd be like, Gee thanks Tony, it's not like I'm the one that hit any of the shots, you could have been passing the ball to Kevin Duckworth, doesn't mean you're the one responsible for knocking down the shot. Thanks for having my back and downplaying my contribution.

Awesome teammate. I just simply don't like comments like that because they don't serve any good purpose towards your own team.

SpurPadre
03-18-2016, 09:01 PM

Faggots

That isn't the point, though. What do these comments accomplish? How are stupid comments like that supposed to benefit the team? I just hate when he talks like this. If you're gonna have a problem with Manu's defeatist comments he made recently, you should also have a problem with this, tbh.

pgardn
03-18-2016, 09:04 PM
Actually opponents have been doing what Tony describes lately.

But this will not win us a championship. We got other cards to play thank God (Kawhi)

Ice009
03-18-2016, 09:05 PM
That isn't the point, though. What do these comments accomplish? How are stupid comments like that supposed to benefit the team? I just hate when he talks like this. If you're gonna have a problem with Manu's defeatist comments he made recently, you should also have a problem with this, tbh.

Exactly. The comments don't accomplish anything except to make himself feel better like he's the main reason for it, IMO.

SupremeGuy
03-18-2016, 09:09 PM
Wow. You'd think he'd have learned from his past mistakes but apparently he's still the same selfish piece of shit he was two years ago.

RD2191
03-18-2016, 09:27 PM
Wow. You'd think he'd have learned from his past mistakes but apparently he's still the same selfish piece of shit he was two years ago.
Faggot should be cut imo

Mnky
03-18-2016, 09:35 PM
I was waiting for someone to post this. I'm too lazy to start threads tbh.

Thought of the green comment as well. This guy seriously throws his team under the bus way too much. I don't get why he thinks pointing out what works and complaining about other teams not stopping it is going to amount to anything positive for them.
Guess he believes when he gets those isos and they stay with aldrigde, he can get back to being the scorer he wants to be.

wildcardX
03-18-2016, 09:36 PM

I thought this thread would be about Tony's new food truck and the fat jokes that would follow.

itsamanuthree
03-18-2016, 09:56 PM
LOL leader

PopTheGOAT
03-18-2016, 10:10 PM

Moron writer posts a irrelevant video of Kawhi getting shook by Curry"...but..but...Curry made Kawhi look bad on one play so that's way better than 20 years of excellence." :cry

J_Paco
03-18-2016, 10:48 PM
LMAO, overreaction thread.

J_Paco
03-18-2016, 10:52 PM
Moron writer posts a irrelevant video of Kawhi getting shook by Curry"...but..but...Curry made Kawhi look bad on one play so that's way better than 20 years of excellence." :cry

The writer is an utter idiot. Parker was just stating that consistency and greatness over a long stretch of time should mean more than 2, 3 or 4 years of good/great/excellent play. The Spurs aren't the 90's Bulls, but Duncan is a top 5 - 10 (#3 or #4 in my book) all-time great and has transformed the Spurs into an elite franchise.

SpursIndonesia
03-18-2016, 11:29 PM
LOL, faggots were making things out of nothing. :lol

03-18-2016, 11:54 PM
Head of the snake not biting his tongue, and telling it like it is :tu

houston spurs fan
03-19-2016, 12:29 AM
This, 100%. Terry fucking Stotts is a bottom tier coach almost ousted repeatedly (ask Atlanta). Noted for being weak in in-game adjustments. Yet, now Lillard plays amazing and he's a coy candidate???? Pop minus Duncan = Houston Rockets last 15 years...

houston spurs fan
03-19-2016, 12:31 AM
This, 100%. Terry fucking Stotts is a bottom tier coach almost ousted repeatedly (ask Atlanta). Noted for being weak in in-game adjustments. Yet, now Lillard plays amazing and he's a coy candidate???? Pop minus Duncan = Houston Rockets last 15 years...
Bad example. More like Milwaukee Bucks.

SPURt
03-19-2016, 12:41 AM
Seriously, why is going to point out what defenses are doing wrong?

bic50
03-19-2016, 04:20 AM
greatcuck being a hypocritical bitch per par