PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead to the March 21th game vs. the Hornets...

ElNono
03-18-2016, 09:34 PM
I could see this being a trap game if we beat the Dubs, tbh...

daslicer
03-18-2016, 09:39 PM
I'm thinking about going to this game but not sure about it since you never know when it comes to Pop if he's going to play guys or rest them. The Hornets are my home team so I follow them a lot. Right now they are peaking and are playing for a chance to have HCA in the first round. This can definitely be a trap game if the Spurs don't take the Hornets seriously.

skulls138
03-18-2016, 09:42 PM
Thats not the Spurs way. Its tempting to look past the Warriors and have their minds on the mighty Hornets but the Spurs wouldnt be the team they are if they didnt take one game at a time.

Robz4000
03-18-2016, 09:42 PM
I don't think Pop Will even send the whole team regardless of tomorrow's result.

ElNono
03-18-2016, 09:43 PM
I'm thinking about going to this game but not sure about it since you never know when it comes to Pop if he's going to play guys or rest them. The Hornets are my home team so I follow them a lot. Right now they are peaking and are playing for a chance to have HCA in the first round. This can definitely be a trap game if the Spurs don't take the Hornets seriously.

A chance to see Old Man Riverwalk one more time? You should def go...

Looks like they still have a lot of reasonably priced tickets left:
http://www.stubhub.com/charlotte-hornets-tickets-charlotte-hornets-charlotte-time-warner-cable-arena-3-21-2016/event/9371064/?sliderpos=true

daslicer
03-18-2016, 09:46 PM
A chance to see Old Man Riverwalk one more time? You should def go...

Looks like they still have a lot of reasonably priced tickets left:
http://www.stubhub.com/charlotte-hornets-tickets-charlotte-hornets-charlotte-time-warner-cable-arena-3-21-2016/event/9371064/?sliderpos=true

Yeah I have always bought Hornet-Spur tickets at the last minute. It's always been easy to get good tickets for the Spurs. For some reason Jordan never really jacks up the price for Spur games but whenever Lebron or Curry comes in town the tickets ski high.

Kikoluna
03-18-2016, 10:26 PM
You are the only one in the country looking ahead if tomorrow. Tomorrow's game is all that matters.

Kawhitstorm
03-18-2016, 10:29 PM
Kemba has turned into Kyrie Irving 2.0 & might drop 55 on Porker.:wakeup (It took 55 to end the home winning streak last season)

KenziE
03-18-2016, 10:33 PM
Trap game if we beat the warriors which we are not so its the bounce back game then spurs by 10

03-18-2016, 10:41 PM
I could see this being a trap game if we beat the Dubs, tbh...
Don't look now but the Hornets have won 17 of their last 21 :wakeup

timtonymanu
03-19-2016, 10:18 PM
If we can beat the Hornets, then league = fucked.

ElNono
03-19-2016, 10:19 PM
Hopefully we don't get overconfident, tbh... this is a road game though

spursistan
03-19-2016, 10:19 PM
the true trap game...:lol..Hornets just lost at home to Nuggets..Hope our guys do not relax if they are actually still putting a fight for that top seed..

BillMc
03-19-2016, 10:22 PM
As everyone said. The trappiest of all trap games that have ever trapped.

spursistan
03-19-2016, 11:01 PM
60-10 would look good on that standings table, tbh

Mel_13
03-19-2016, 11:15 PM
They have the 6th best home record in the league. Won't be an easy win.

At least Tim should have plenty of energy. They should probably just leave Boris in San Antonio. He had only played more than 26 minutes in one game this season before playing 35 minutes tonight.

tmtcsc
03-19-2016, 11:19 PM
We aren't catching the Warriors and the Thunder aren't catching the Spurs, so every game hereafter carries a lot less weight in my opinion. Stay healthy, integrate K-Mart and Miller, and I'll be happy.

KenziE
03-20-2016, 05:49 PM
Spurs by 10

Kawhitstorm
03-20-2016, 05:51 PM
Should Pop bring Timmay off the bench?

The Hornets start Marvin Williams at PF & he has been basically playing stretch 4 (shooting 45% from 3 the past 2 months). They are also bringing Al Jefferson coming off the bench & he killed the Heat recently.

IMO, it would be better to start Boris at the 4 & LMA at center since Zeller is a athletic/finesse type player like Plumblee. Kemba (who has been scorching HOT) also runs a high PnR w/ Marvin so it would be best to have a mobile big that's able to switch like Diaw (Kemba will leave Tim in his wake like Monta Ellis).

r-v-HcjeHp4

I'm also not sure Diaw/West will be able to handle Big Al in the paint especially on the offensive boards.

u9zwr8DWK1M

EVAY
03-20-2016, 07:20 PM
This has total chance for a major trap game, imo. The Spurs will relax after the Warriors game, and it will be very difficult for them to get 'up' for this game.

As Bill Mc said, the trappiest of trap games.

Good luck t the Spurs.

Uriel
03-20-2016, 07:27 PM
It surprises me how high Charlotte is in the standings with how little talent they have. Winning this game after that big win against GS would indicate that this team has the mental focus to be ready for the playoffs.

TD 21
03-20-2016, 08:07 PM
Should Pop bring Timmay off the bench? The Hornets start Marvin Williams at PF & he has been basically playing stretch 4 (shooting 45% from 3 the past 2 months). They are also bringing Al Jefferson coming off the bench & he killed the Heat recently. IMO, it would be better to start Boris at the 4 & LMA at center since Zeller is a athletic/finesse type player like Plumblee. Kemba (who has been scorching HOT) also runs a high PnR w/ Marvin so it would be best to have a mobile big that's able to switch like Diaw (Kemba will leave Tim in his wake like Monta Ellis). r-v-HcjeHp4 I'm also not sure Diaw/West will be able to handle Big Al in the paint especially on the offensive boards. u9zwr8DWK1M

No. I've thought about this too, but the reality is, I don't care how great of a teammate he is, if they want to keep him engaged enough to play out his contract, at some point they have to stop looking for excuses to slash his role.

I question whether he's going to want to put in the amount of work he has to, year round, to play 20 mpg max (they way it's been going), never close games and be yanked in and out of the starting lineup due to match-ups.

Spurtacular
03-20-2016, 08:10 PM
Spurs home win streak needs to last longer than the Dubs, tbh; and break their record also, tbqh.

Spurtacular
03-20-2016, 08:11 PM

The Hornets start Marvin Williams at PF & he has been basically playing stretch 4 (shooting 45% from 3 the past 2 months). They are also bringing Al Jefferson coming off the bench & he killed the Heat recently.

IMO, it would be better to start Boris at the 4 & LMA at center since Zeller is a athletic/finesse type player like Plumblee. Kemba (who has been scorching HOT) also runs a high PnR w/ Marvin so it would be best to have a mobile big that's able to switch like Diaw (Kemba will leave Tim in his wake like Monta Ellis).

r-v-HcjeHp4

I'm also not sure Diaw/West will be able to handle Big Al in the paint especially on the offensive boards.

u9zwr8DWK1M

LOL; Al looking fat and slow. I wasn't even sure if he was still in the league, tbh.

KenziE
03-20-2016, 08:17 PM
Spread is a trap spread @ Spurs -6

definitely gonna be a close one Spurs wont cover the spread by they will win the game ala buzzer beater in orl type of close game

UNT Eagles 2016
03-20-2016, 10:41 PM
We aren't catching the Warriors and the Thunder aren't catching the Spurs, so every game hereafter carries a lot less weight in my opinion. Stay healthy, integrate K-Mart and Miller, and I'll be happy.

Nah, fuck that. Go for 70, probably the one and only chance to do so in the TD era.

PrimeMinister
03-20-2016, 10:48 PM
Spurs by 15+ confidence gonna be high especially for Aldridge who's gonna put up at least 30

SAGirl
03-21-2016, 12:36 AM

r-v-HcjeHp4

u9zwr8DWK1M
Frankly Anderson has been the scapegoat in bench scoring last game, but really TD has struggled. There is a reason the 2 of them are not terrific together right now and it is that Anderson is not much of an offensive threat at the moment and sadly neither is Tim. I thought they could work together well but perhaps not. I think if you bench Timmy you have to keep him with Diaw for offensive pairing and start Anderson. West could be the odd man out like he was against the worriers if you are forced to play small the entire game.

Kawhitstorm
03-21-2016, 02:15 AM
Frankly Anderson has been the scapegoat in bench scoring last game, but really TD has struggled. There is a reason the 2 of them are not terrific together right now and it is that Anderson is not much of an offensive threat at the moment and sadly neither is Tim. I thought they could work together well but perhaps not. I think if you bench Timmy you have to keep him with Diaw for offensive pairing and start Anderson. West could be the odd man out like he was against the worriers if you are forced to play small the entire game.

The bench actually needs to stay BIG b/c Big Al/Frank the Stank are too big for Fat Head. If Pop opts to bring Tim off the bench then Patty/Manu/Kyle/West/Tim is going to be the bench crew w/ K-Mart possibly getting minutes if Kyle is struggling.

SAGirl
03-21-2016, 02:36 AM
The bench actually needs to stay BIG b/c Big Al/Frank the Stank are too big for Fat Head. If Pop opts to bring Tim off the bench then Patty/Manu/Kyle/West/Tim is going to be the bench crew w/ K-Mart possibly getting minutes if Kyle is struggling.
:tu I have no idea on the Hornets. Thanks for the heads up. It will be interesting.

TheDoctor
03-21-2016, 10:14 AM
It surprises me how high Charlotte is in the standings with how little talent they have. Winning this game after that big win against GS would indicate that this team has the mental focus to be ready for the playoffs.
Legit post.

Old School 44
03-21-2016, 10:47 AM
I wonder what Wardell Sr. (Local TV for Hornet's games) is going to say about the Spurs taking it to Jr. on Saturday?

JeffDuncan
03-21-2016, 11:27 AM
Just for the sake of trivia, I took a look at what David West did last year, with the Pacers v Charlotte. A quick scan of West's numbers in the boxscore.

Indiana v Charlotte, last season, David West, then with the Pacers:

11/19/2014
D.N.P.

1/17/2015
19 pts, 1 o + 7 d = 8 reb, 2 asts, 2 stls, 2 blks, 3 tov, 5 fouls, 37:15 minutes

2/08/2015
15 pts, 2 o + 4 d = 6 reb, 2 asts, 2 stls, 1 blks, 1 tov, 3 fouls, 31:02 minutes

4/3/2015
6 pts, 2 o + 2 d = 4 reb, 3 asts, 1 stls, 0 blks, 2 tov, 1 foul, 20:00 minutes (Lots of bench play in this late-season game. Al Jefferson only had 4 pts in 11 min. No starter for either team had 30 min. High scorer for the game was Stuckey, off the Pacers bench, with 15)

So, a couple good games for West there, against Charlotte, last season, but he wasn't trying to play center.

spursistan
03-21-2016, 11:28 AM
Nah, fuck that. Go for 70, probably the one and only chance to do so in the TD era.
Since we are not guaranteed to beat the Dubs, i want us to win as many regular season games as we could to distinguish this season in some sort ..it might be for a while after this season before we can get back to the 60-win plateau..hopefully Warriors drop one or two with their injuries so to keep us in the race and force Pop's hand..

UNT Eagles 2016
03-21-2016, 12:49 PM
Since we are not guaranteed to beat the Dubs, i want us to win as many regular season games as we could to distinguish this season in some sort ..it might be for a while after this season before we can get back to the 60-win plateau..hopefully Warriors drop one or two with their injuries so to keep us in the race and force Pop's hand..
I think we can get back to 60, but we won't get nearly as close to 70 again as we will this year most likely...

NASpurs
03-21-2016, 08:15 PM
ElNostradamus

timtonymanu
03-21-2016, 08:16 PM
Tbh, this was a loss, no matter what. But the Spurs had to be faggots by choking a big lead in the process so it makes this a shitty loss

ElNono
03-21-2016, 08:17 PM
ElNostradamus

hate to be right all the time, tbh

HarlemHeat37
03-21-2016, 10:11 PM
Wow, I wasn't expecting this meltdown on ST, tbh:lol

I logged in expecting 2 or 3 threads about the L, assuming most would accept the "trap game" result..definitely wasn't expecting a colossal meltdown over a natural trap game vs. a solid team at home where a scrub goes off..

UZER
03-21-2016, 10:16 PM
Meh, this loss was expected any way you slice it. As long as the spurs have been competing for chips, these kind of losses have always been part of them.

weeks
03-21-2016, 10:17 PM
I think some people were actually hoping we could get the one seed still :lol

sasaint
03-21-2016, 10:18 PM

I logged in expecting 2 or 3 threads about the L, assuming most would accept the "trap game" result..definitely wasn't expecting a colossal meltdown over a natural trap game vs. a solid team at home where a scrub goes off..

Predictable because of the way we lost. But, tbh, Pop must know of a very good restaurant in Charlotte and he didn't want to delay his dining experience with unnecessary coaching, time-outs, etc. :lol

tmtcsc
03-21-2016, 10:18 PM

I didn't realize there was a colossal meltdown. The L sucks but it was obvious the Spurs' bench laid an egg tonight. They've been great all year but they didn't have it against the Hornets. Still, giving up a 23 point lead is disgusting and having Jeremy fucking Lin be the person to do the most damage is laughable.