PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Anderson is pretty terrible

tholdren
03-19-2016, 09:23 PM
Its frustrating to watch his slow, anti-offensive/defensive style play over martin or simmons. Is he the new bonner?

jermaine
03-19-2016, 09:34 PM
As much as I'd love to see Martin, Anderson knows the plays better.

Texas_Ranger
03-19-2016, 09:54 PM
As much as I'd love to see Martin, Anderson knows the plays better.

what plays.. he just stands on offense.

Brian Windhorst
03-19-2016, 09:55 PM
He's 22 and playing out of position.

ElNono
03-19-2016, 09:58 PM
He's unplayable in high stakes games right now, IMO

tholdren
03-19-2016, 10:00 PM
He's 22 and playing out of position.
being 22 or playing out of position doesn't make you turn the ball over, miss shots, play terrible defense.

TrainOfThought5
03-19-2016, 10:02 PM
He's unplayable in high stakes games right now, IMO

Definitely not ready to play in the big lights against the best team in the league.

cd98
03-19-2016, 10:19 PM
Remember when people thought he could guard Curry? Curry drove past him every time he was guarding Curry on the switch.

Parker hounded the guards and while he's not a lock down guy, if he gives that kind of effort, the Spurs can beat the Warriors.

TheGreatYacht
03-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Worst player on the team, bar none

ducks
03-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Gs makes players look bad

dabom
03-19-2016, 10:26 PM
This dude is a fucking turd. :lmao

dabom
03-19-2016, 10:26 PM
"Secret weapon" :lmao
Chinook co-captain. :lmao

Nathan89
03-19-2016, 10:28 PM
Better small ball pf than Diaw.:lmao

SAGirl
03-19-2016, 11:03 PM
He's not going to be ready until he goes out and does it. This was the first game of this magnitude he's played for the team and even some of our vets got rattled at times in this game.

He's basically a rook for this kind of competition who Pop played at different spots all season, doing whatever we needed, who also got benched so we could develop Simmons etc, so it's not like he has competed or even played the role he played tonight all season either. A lot of his minutes were garbage time too during the RS and that is not the same thing + this could be scary but we might need him, probably to be more aggressive.

He will be better as he gains confidence and the coaches and teammates need to have confidence in him to make plays. If Danny can put the ball on the floor so can him, but he didn't go through the struggles Danny did all season with his drives and his passing and his shot selection and played through all of that, + Danny is used to this level of competition.

No he was benched, in Pop's doggie house, etc for a bad shot taken or a missed defensive assignment. He's a lot, a lot earlier in his development where he needed to grasp the fundamentals. He's earned Pop's trust though and being so young that is not easy. Still has a bit if time to gain confidence.

SAGirl
03-19-2016, 11:04 PM
Remember when people thought he could guard Curry? Curry drove past him every time he was guarding Curry on the switch.

Parker hounded the guards and while he's not a lock down guy, if he gives that kind of effort, the Spurs can beat the Warriors.
He passed out every time. Didn't attempt shots over his length.

T Park
03-19-2016, 11:05 PM
Worst player on the team. You fucking people are absolute brain dead fucktards

SpurPadre
03-19-2016, 11:09 PM
Anderson has a role on this team, just not in this matchup nor against other uber athletic and/or fast teams.

Dro210
03-19-2016, 11:19 PM
Gonna be a lot of crow being eaten in this one...

Mel_13
03-19-2016, 11:30 PM
OP realized the anti-Danny threads were failures, so he moved on to the 10th man in the regular season rotation.

SAGirl
03-20-2016, 07:40 AM
Gonna be a lot of crow being eaten in this one...
I look forward to that. I hope he can help us this postseason but he might be too young and specially inexperienced. I don't think Pop figured out how to use him until Timmy got injured and its late in the season already..
It seems like in terms of some roleplayers we are too old or too young, but those old ballplayers are HOF players and I have faith in this kid. A 22 yr old playing for Pop in a historically great defensive team and franchise best record team is not a scrub.

will_spurs
03-20-2016, 07:44 AM
He made some nice passes yesterday night and didn't particularly look out of his element to me. He's an end of bench young guy, it's all about managing expectations.

SouthernFried
03-20-2016, 08:24 AM
Sigh...lol

Kyle is a good player, and he's gonna get a lot better. Lots of upside to this kid, with the one downside...he's not gonna get much faster ;)

ceperez
03-20-2016, 08:28 AM
He definitely has physical limitations however he has a lot of upside. He's one of the few Spurs that actually can score while being covered.

That's going to pay dividends against a team like GSW that switches.

Biggems
03-20-2016, 08:35 AM
Some of you posters are silly and ridiculous with your rants. You expect every player on the roster to be all star material, no matter their age or experience. You ignore all the positives and focus solely on the negatives.

I personally like Anderson. He has a smooth jumper and is a pretty good passer. Unfortunately he isnt a quick twitch guy and that hurts him defensively. He has lots of room to grow and improve.

MVPCues
03-20-2016, 08:49 AM
Worst player on the team. You fucking people are absolute brain dead fucktards

He is better than Bonner at this point in Bonner's career.

100%duncan
03-20-2016, 08:52 AM
Meh Im one of his biggest haters but he's been playing ok the past few games. I really dont expect him to be big against GSW, simply not the opponent for him.

DJR210
03-20-2016, 08:55 AM
Meh Im one of his biggest haters but he's been playing ok the past few games. I really dont expect him to be big against GSW, simply not the opponent for him.

bklynspursfan
03-20-2016, 09:16 AM
I just can't see him playing many meaningful minutes if we meet against the warriors in the playoffs. It's just not an ideal matchup for him.

TheGreatYacht
03-20-2016, 09:22 AM
If he's not being guarded by Belinelli, then no matchup is favorable for him. Dude sucks. No one expects him to be an all star at all, just don't want him on the floor against a good team. He's a walking negative and he doesn't have a jumper to make up for his lack of speed. He had a midget on him last night and instead of posting him up, he settled for an 18ft brick per par.

He made one good pass last night and that's about it, also made a shitty pass that was intended for a wide open Martin but instead hit the rim.

dbestpro
03-20-2016, 09:30 AM
Anderson needs to learn to be an assassin from the three point line, as Green did. Until, then he will not be a significant contributor during playoff time. He is still young enough to get better, but today's NBA is outside shooting dependent.

bigfan
03-20-2016, 09:41 AM
he has a role;

tradebait

MVPCues
03-20-2016, 09:45 AM
Anderson needs to learn to be an assassin from the three point line, as Green did. Until, then he will not be a significant contributor during playoff time. He is still young enough to get better, but today's NBA is outside shooting dependent.

Bottom line.

He is a fine passer...not great. He is an OK defender. His length helps him at that end, but his slowness hurts him. He will get a few deflections and help with team defense, but anyone with speed can blow by him. He is very crafty as far as getting a shot up, but that doesn't work well against better NBA talent. That is why he can dominate in the D league, but is marginal as a whole in the NBA.

Guys can sag off him because he has no true outside threat. If he developed a .400 3 point shot they would have to play him more honestly, which might help him draw fouls with his craftiness and spread the floor for his teammates.

UZER
03-20-2016, 09:48 AM
Haven't watch the game back, but I know pop put him on Livingston some and he only had 2 pts. Not saying it was all Kyle, but Livingston is a big matchup problem for teams and we have a guy that can bother him.

Kikoluna
03-20-2016, 10:37 AM
Why Did He Play A Minute??!!! He should play with the Austin spurs AT BEST.

Obstructed_View
03-20-2016, 11:19 AM
When Martin or Simmons grow enough to play power forward be sure to let us all know. :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-20-2016, 11:33 AM
Oh wow he can't go from playing limited minutes to having a solid role against one of the best teams ever created so he must be trash

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-20-2016, 11:43 AM
A lot of people thought CoJo was d-league level in his second and even in his 3rd season, but he's turned out OK. Kyle isn't a star but he'll have a NBA career just like him.

skulls138
03-20-2016, 11:46 AM
Bottom line.

He is a fine passer...not great. He is an OK defender. His length helps him at that end, but his slowness hurts him. He will get a few deflections and help with team defense, but anyone with speed can blow by him. He is very crafty as far as getting a shot up, but that doesn't work well against better NBA talent. That is why he can dominate in the D league, but is marginal as a whole in the NBA.

Guys can sag off him because he has no true outside threat. If he developed a .400 3 point shot they would have to play him more honestly, which might help him draw fouls with his craftiness and spread the floor for his teammates.No KA is an excellent passer, he just does the easy ones first.

Obstructed_View
03-20-2016, 11:48 AM
A lot of people thought CoJo was d-league level in his second and even in his 3rd season, but he's turned out OK. Kyle isn't a star but he'll have a NBA career just like him.

And we got to read thread after thread after thread about what a shit player he was and how he was to blame for everything that went wrong. I think these are the same posters. They just need someone to bitch about.

wildbill2u
03-20-2016, 12:30 PM
I was surprised that KA played that much against the Warriors, although he had been scoring nicely lately as a member of the 2nd team bench. He tries to compensate for slow footspeed with his length and playing off his opponent, but when 3s are falling, that strategy won't work. He wasn't a bad negative and certainly not a positive in this game, but he took up some minutes for others to rest.

Sean Cagney
03-20-2016, 12:58 PM

Anyone with a nickname slow should not be guarding Curry, period. I laughed at that thread, no way he can guard Curry tbh.

Maddog
03-20-2016, 01:07 PM
He rebounds well.
4 boards in just under 10 minutes. Last 10 games he has averaged 4.8 rebounds in a little over 15 minutes.
Once he gets a board he is able to bring it up. As mentioned previously, if he can get to the point where he can consistently knock down a 3, he'll be a very useful player

TD 21
03-20-2016, 08:19 PM
He's overrated. I don't think he's as good a passer or as high an IQ player as he's been made out to be and the thing's he probably does best, which is creating his own shot and defensive rebounding, they don't really need.

I'm not saying he can't or won't get better, but in the here and now, he's not ready to be a rotation player for a championship caliber team.

His minutes were a waste, especially at the end of the 2nd, when Rush was playing power forward. He couldn't work him over in the post like Diaw would have, can't space the floor like Martin can and obviously can't serve as a Curry or Thompson defender.

tholdren
03-20-2016, 08:25 PM
OP realized the anti-Danny threads were failures, so he moved on to the 10th man in the regular season rotation.
not really - I thought danny played well last night. He hustled on defense and didnt play scared. I give credit when it's due.

Anderson is a different story. pull up the old threads, I didnt like the pick. Bring the game or put martin in.

DMC
03-20-2016, 09:11 PM
being 22 or playing out of position doesn't make you turn the ball over, miss shots, play terrible defense.
Didn't for you when you were in the league, right?

DMC
03-20-2016, 09:15 PM
He's overrated. I don't think he's as good a passer or as high an IQ player as he's been made out to be and the thing's he probably does best, which is creating his own shot and defensive rebounding, they don't really need.

I'm not saying he can't or won't get better, but in the here and now, he's not ready to be a rotation player for a championship caliber team.

His minutes were a waste, especially at the end of the 2nd, when Rush was playing power forward. He couldn't work him over in the post like Diaw would have, can't space the floor like Martin can and obviously can't serve as a Curry or Thompson defender.

Spurs will never have everything they need at every position. There will always be overlapping skillsets that the Spurs don't really need at specific moments. Those are resume skills and players bring those with them else they are useless to other teams who need that player for a different role.

Kyle is bigger than he looks and he handles well for a big man. He's fairly poised, even after Pop chewed his ass out a couple nights ago and even Kawhi laughed at him. He seems like a good kid, just needs to get in the gym with someone and work on his court vision and situational awareness.

TD 21
03-20-2016, 09:26 PM
Spurs will never have everything they need at every position. There will always be overlapping skillsets that the Spurs don't really need at specific moments. Those are resume skills and players bring those with them else they are useless to other teams who need that player for a different role.

Kyle is bigger than he looks and he handles well for a big man. He's fairly poised, even after Pop chewed his ass out a couple nights ago and even Kawhi laughed at him. He seems like a good kid, just needs to get in the gym with someone and work on his court vision and situational awareness.

No one will, but the Spurs are closer to complete than any other team.

As I alluded to, the fact that he can create his own shot is irrelevant for the time being considering he mostly plays off the ball. The fact that he's a good defensive rebounder for his position is too, considering it's a team wide strength.

Right now, the fourth wing needs to be a credible three-point shooter and the small ball power forwards need to be able to exploit blatant mismatches (like Rush, for example) in the post. He does neither and on top of that, it's not like he's an option to defend Curry, Thompson, Westbrook, Paul, etc.

Mikeanaro
03-20-2016, 09:31 PM
At least he´s not Chandler Parsons.

spursfaninla
03-20-2016, 10:39 PM
If he's not being guarded by Belinelli, then no matchup is favorable for him. Dude sucks. No one expects him to be an all star at all, just don't want him on the floor against a good team. He's a walking negative and he doesn't have a jumper to make up for his lack of speed. He had a midget on him last night and instead of posting him up, he settled for an 18ft brick per par.

He made one good pass last night and that's about it, also made a shitty pass that was intended for a wide open Martin but instead hit the rim.

Wrong about Kyle's jump shot. He is an excellent mid-range jump shooter this year, shooting over 50% from several sections of the court. He does still need to work on a 3pt shot, but you are a year behind on his jump shooting...

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/3/16/11210878/kyle-anderson-development-steady-slow-mo