PDA

View Full Version : The Unsung Hero tonight

LongtimeSpursFan
03-19-2016, 09:59 PM
Parkers defense tonight on Curry and Thompson was the best defensive performance I have ever witnessed. He not only held Curry to to season low points but also held the other splash brother in check. Props to Parker.

FkLA
03-19-2016, 10:00 PM
:lmao

BillMc
03-19-2016, 10:01 PM
Agreed. Tony was great. Hopefully it will get the anti-Tp contingent off his back. DG, who also has a lot of bashers, was also magnificent on D.

Mnky
He didn't do it alone, but he definitely played great defense tonight even on the switches. Props to his effort. That hero ball shot at the end ain't cool :lol , but otherwise he played good.

lofds
He battled, and all great rotations from the entire team to keep a body on Curry at all times.

Did anyone sense that Curry didn't quite seem to have the same killer instinct he usually has? Great defence, and or just not feeling it tonight?

DMC
Regular season game is borderline meaningless. No Bogut, won't be the same matchups come May.

will_spurs
03-19-2016, 10:02 PM
Great D by Parker and Green for sure.

:tu

Chinook
03-19-2016, 10:03 PM
Yeah. Parker competed on D and shot the three. This is exactly the type of player he needs to become night in and night now. He can't do anything about being 6-2 or whatever, but he played well enough when he was outsized to allow the team to keep their game plan for the rest of the team. That's huge.

AZK619
I beg to differ, Boris.

Kidd K
His D on Curry was actually pretty nice from start to finish. I noticed it in the first 6 mins on several plays and late in the 4th too.

Mal
Played great D, hustled a lot.

DarrinS
03-19-2016, 10:04 PM
I thought this thread would be about Bobo, but cat owners showed up instead.

tbdog
03-19-2016, 10:04 PM
I said this in the game thread. If Warriors are posting up Klay on Parker for turn around mid range shots, you live with that. Everything else the Warriors get is much better than that.

SASdynasty!
03-19-2016, 10:05 PM
Parker still has the quickness to keep up with Curry. The early illegal screen against Green probably helped set a precedent where he didn't get illegally screened twice every possession.

dbestpro
The retired vets have been saying all along that all you need to do is press the three point shooters, and the Warrior's game plan falls apart.

tuncaboylu
All the team was great in D and Parker was fine too.

noles1983
his defense on thompson towards the end was a joke, resulted in a layup

LongtimeSpursFan
03-19-2016, 10:07 PM
I said this in the game thread. If Warriors are posting up Klay on Parker for turn around mid range shots, you live with that. Everything else the Warriors get is much better than that.

Yup. I'll live with Klay taking a fadeaway 15 footer anyday.

SPURt
03-19-2016, 10:07 PM
Learning he could be placed on Klay is a totally new wrinkle. Pop wasn't even sending a double team letting the defense freeze out Curry. It's going to be a crazy season

TheGreatYacht
03-19-2016, 10:08 PM
Someone didn't have their daily dose of insulin

RD2191
03-19-2016, 10:08 PM
:lol

TrainOfThought5
03-19-2016, 10:09 PM
He battled, and all great rotations from the entire team to keep a body on Curry at all times.

Did anyone sense that Curry didn't quite seem to have the same killer instinct he usually has? Great defence, and or just not feeling it tonight?

Getting your shot blocked, manhandled all night, and hedged properly by bigs that can move their feet will do that.

DarrinS
03-19-2016, 10:09 PM
Someone didn't have their daily dose of insulin

Lol, "the glove"

mudyez
03-19-2016, 10:10 PM

me too :)

But yeah, gotta like TPs defense tonight (never seen him defend like that).

After all it still was more about the "switch everything" and players like L-Train stepping out, pressuring Curry after the switches.

kjhip1
03-19-2016, 10:12 PM
Crazy how reliant the warriors are on the three. Steph could have easily made 3-4 lay ups but passed out to 3-point shot.

DarrinS
03-19-2016, 10:15 PM
Crazy how reliant the warriors are on the three. Steph could have easily made 3-4 lay ups but passed out to 3-point shot.

Too much in love with that shot, tbh

GSH
03-19-2016, 10:17 PM
Parkers defense tonight on Curry and Thompson was the best defensive performance I have ever witnessed.

You mean the best defensive performance you have ever witnessed from Parker... right? I agree that he played hard on D tonight, and did a hell of a job. But the best defensive performance ever? That's not really what you meant to say, I'm sure.

Danny Green had one hell of a defensive game, too. Kawhi just kept coming up with 50-50 balls that either gave the Spurs extra possessions, or kept the Dubs from getting extra ones.

LongtimeSpursFan
03-19-2016, 10:33 PM
me too :)

But yeah, gotta like TPs defense tonight (never seen him defend like that).

After all it still was more about the "switch everything" and players like L-Train stepping out, pressuring Curry after the switches.

team defense was awesome. Pop still tweaking

DarrinS
03-19-2016, 10:35 PM
You mean the best defensive performance you have ever witnessed from Parker... right? I agree that he played hard on D tonight, and did a hell of a job. But the best defensive performance ever? That's not really what you meant to say, I'm sure.

Danny Green had one hell of a defensive game, too. Kawhi just kept coming up with 50-50 balls that either gave the Spurs extra possessions, or kept the Dubs from getting extra ones.

Greens defense was great tonight. Blocked Curry twice.

PopTheGOAT
03-19-2016, 10:38 PM
Parkers defense tonight on Curry and Thompson was the best defensive performance I have ever witnessed. He not only held Curry to to season low points but also held the other splash brother in check. Props to Parker. this is where you lost me...the rest I agree with

ducks
03-19-2016, 10:39 PM

Nba tv guys praised tps d

tmtcsc
03-19-2016, 10:39 PM
Agreed. Tony was great. Hopefully it will get the anti-Tp contingent off his back. DG, who also has a lot of bashers, was also magnificent on D.

I'm as big a Danny Green critic as their is (his inconsistency kills me) but he played his ass off on defense tonight. 11 pts on offense was great too. TP did his best on D but let's not go overboard. He was GS's targeted mismatch and they took advantage of it several times. I think its great when its not BAD, if that makes sense.

As for Tim, poor dude looked out of place and slow when he was in the game. Props to Pop for sitting him. He needed to know what he could get from his other guys. GSW are a terrible match up at this point his career.

PopTheGOAT
03-19-2016, 10:40 PM
Greens defense was great tonight. Blocked Curry twice.
I think he got in his head a bit tbh. Danny's best game of the year easily

DarrinS
03-19-2016, 10:40 PM
I'm as a big a Danny Green critic as their is (his inconsistency kills me) but he played his ass off on defense tonight. 11 pts on offense was great too. TP did his best on D but let's not go overboard. He was GS's targeted mismatch and they took advantage of it several times. I give think its great when its not BAD, if that makes sense.

As for Tim, poor dude looked out of place and slow when he was in the game. Props to Pop for sitting him. He needed to know what he could get from his other guys. GSW are a terrible match up at this point his career.

This

-21-
03-19-2016, 10:48 PM
Although the entire team for the most part played good defense, Parker does deserve some props for doing his part and playing really well. GS was attacking him all night by posting him up with bigger players and he stepped up. He even stayed in front of Curry when he was on him. Offensively he moved the ball and hit some timely threes. :tu

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2016, 10:51 PM
We can debate the quality of Parker's game(he had some really good stretches, but also really bad stretches), but there's no doubt that he was much, much better than Mills in this game, tbh..

FkLA
03-19-2016, 10:53 PM
Nba tv guys praised tps d

He played good D, obviously. But the OP (who is retarded btw) saying it's the greatest defensive performance he's ever seen is a huge exaggeration. It wasn't even the best defensive performance of the game-- that would be LDN.

All Mighty Janitor
03-19-2016, 10:54 PM
Parker still has the quickness to keep up with Curry. The early illegal screen against Green probably helped set a precedent where he didn't get illegally screened twice every possession.
I always thought that Parker should be quick enough to stay in front of any guard but his quickness hasn't usually translated into good defensive performance. Maybe it has something to do with the switching that the Spurs did. No matter the reason I to got give him his props for sticking to Curry even in iso situations. Parker put a lot of pressure on him and forced him into some though shots that Curry can make but didn't. Good shit; I hope he keeps it up.

spursparker9
03-19-2016, 11:01 PM
Enrique played good D against Steph.

But Klay was abusing Enrique

LongtimeSpursFan
03-19-2016, 11:03 PM
Enrique played good D against Steph.

But Klay was abusing Enrique

15 pts and 7/20. Abusing?

spurspokesman
03-19-2016, 11:04 PM
Parker looked engaged defensively for the most part along with every live body in a spurs uniform. Hats off to good D

Spur|n|Austin
03-19-2016, 11:05 PM

lol joker, the schtick is cute.

TP held Curry to 0-6 when defending him.

Provide numbers instead of emojis.

Agreed, I can live with Danny scoring less if his stifling D and ball movement continue.

spursmvp
03-19-2016, 11:12 PM
Don't forget the couple of timely 3's from the corner. Who would've thought TP would make more 3's than steph in a game?

FkLA
03-19-2016, 11:24 PM
lol joker, the schtick is cute.

TP held Curry to 0-6 when defending him.

Provide numbers instead of emojis.

Agreed, I can live with Danny scoring less if his stifling D and ball movement continue.

Was it also the best defensive performance you've ever witnessed?

steeledl
03-19-2016, 11:27 PM
Parker wasn't asked to be our engine on offense which obviously helped him maintain a certain level of focus and intensity on defense he normally doesn't have the luxury of

itzsoweezee
03-19-2016, 11:35 PM
Parker was great, Green was even better. Danny was a monster and doesn't get near enough credit

Spur|n|Austin
03-20-2016, 12:25 AM
Was it also the best defensive performance you've ever witnessed?

We're talking about Tony here right? Of course it was not the best defensive performance I've ever witnessed.

FkLA
03-20-2016, 01:48 AM
We're talking about Tony here right? Of course it was not the best defensive performance I've ever witnessed.

Re-read the OP. That's why I was laughing.

houston spurs fan
03-20-2016, 01:56 AM
Re-read the OP. That's why I was laughing.
You aren't even a Spurs fans. Just a bitch with some weird personal issue against Tony... Get off the Spurs forum and take your political shit with you. Bitch.

dabom
03-20-2016, 01:57 AM
You aren't even a Spurs fans. Just a bitch with some weird personal issue against Tony... Get off the Spurs forum and take your political shit with you. Bitch.

Faggot. :lmao

HarlemHeat37
03-20-2016, 01:58 AM

:lol

Kawhitstorm
03-20-2016, 02:13 AM
He didn't do it alone, but he definitely played great defense tonight even on the switches. Props to his effort. That hero ball shot at the end ain't cool :lol , but otherwise he played good.

LMA guarded Curry as much as Porker b/c they kept trying to run PnRs w/ Barnes when Kawhi was on Draymond trying to expose LMA instead of isolating Porker. Klay also bailed him on shooting fadeaways instead of backing him down like McAdoo.:lol

He basically played 2005 Finals defense when he had to guard Tayshaun/Hamilton.

TheGreatYacht
03-20-2016, 02:14 AM
LMA guarded Curry as much as Porker b/c they kept trying to run PnRs w/ Barnes when Kawhi was on Draymond trying to expose LMA instead of isolating Porker.:lol
Parker forced Curry to use screens to get free :wow

Brandon Rush cooked Kiwi without em

Kawhitstorm
03-20-2016, 02:21 AM
Parker forced Curry to use screens to get free :wow

TheGreatYacht
03-20-2016, 02:23 AM
0-6 when guarded by Parker :wow

dorrrr
03-20-2016, 02:28 AM
Tony? Yes, Ton'y defense was great.
But Danny's defense was fucking phenomenal.

Mouth is Bleeding
03-20-2016, 02:40 AM
wow are people blind?

Warriors took advantage of Parker again and again, especially in the second half. Whoever Parker was switched on attacked and result was a good shot for the warriors every time.

TheGreatYacht
03-20-2016, 02:45 AM
wow are people blind?

Warriors took advantage of Parker again and again, especially in the second half. Whoever Parker was switched on attacked and result was a good shot for the warriors every time.
No.

ceperez
03-20-2016, 05:46 AM

I agree here. Cannot be best defensive performance ever ... GSW were constantly attacking him and it wasn't just Klay who was shooting over him.

ceperez
03-20-2016, 05:49 AM
wow are people blind?

Parker was the weak link in defense. I guess Spurs hid him pretty well this game.

SAGirl
03-20-2016, 06:11 AM

He didn't get open opportunities. There was a body on him at all times. If it was Tony, Patty, or Danny they played him close and forced him to dribble and get into the paint. If it was a forward on him, he wasn't going to shoot over their length. I mean he did, but they were bad looks. I would say he didn't get anything easy that would get him rolling. On screens we switched like I predicted. There was no going over or under screens. He drove by Anderson a few times but you'd prefer that to a 3. When he drove there was sufficient time to give help. In general we stayed perimeter the whole game. It definitely was a team effort but obviously some guys stand out in a major way bc they got the lions share Tony, Danny then Kawhi bc of Draymond, and his help defense. Dias had a good game too on switches. Definitely not something I though he was up to and I am glad I was wrong.

will_spurs
03-20-2016, 06:16 AM
Parker was the weak link in defense. I guess Spurs hid him pretty well this game.

Curry 0-6 when defended by Parker. You're such a tool.

BillMc
03-20-2016, 06:17 AM
He didn't get open opportunities. There was a body on him at all times. If it was Tony, Patty, or Danny they played him close and forced him to dribble and get into the paint. If it was a forward on him, he wasn't going to shoot over their length. On screens we switched like I predicted. There was no going over or under screens. He drove by Anderson a few times but you'd prefer that to a 3. When he drove there was sufficient time to give help. In general we stayed perimeter the whole game. It definitely was a team effort but obviously some guys stand out in a major way bc they got the lions share Tony, Danny then Kawhi bc of Draymond, and his help defense. Dias had a good game too on switches. Definitely not something I though he was up to and I am glad I was wrong.

Well said. And the drives tire him out and bang him up a bit. He'll feel that over several games in a series. Curry is not a big framed guy, we'll see how he takes the pounding against us in the playoffs if we continue to force to the hole. Bombing away 3's doesn't take much energy. Good defensive design by Pop. (The exact opposite, for example, of how we played LeBron in 2013, where we closed off the driving lanes and forced him to shoot outside. Nice versatility.)

8FOR!3
03-20-2016, 10:22 AM
Honest to God never thought TP could defend like that. Great hustle and effort.

hater
03-20-2016, 10:26 AM
Parkers defense tonight on Curry and Thompson was the best defensive performance I have ever witnessed. He not only held Curry to to season low points but also held the other splash brother in check. Props to Parker.

Best basketball in his career. I been clamoring it for weeks

wildbill2u
03-20-2016, 12:10 PM
his defense on thompson towards the end was a joke, resulted in a layup

You think we have anyone on the team that can hold Thompson or Curry completely scoreless for a game? What a fantasy. Everyone is going to get beat several times during the course of a game by a talented scorer. And sometimes when a player is defending up close, the offensive player will get away and that's where team defensive rotations come into play--but they don't always get the rotation or the offensive guy just makes a good play. That's why there are no games where one NBA team has a zero final score.

still.focused
03-20-2016, 02:06 PM
Just finished watching this game again and I must say
The prepared switched on P&Rs and almost seamless handoffs on off the ball screens was beautiful to watch

FkLA
03-20-2016, 02:18 PM