PDA

View Full Version : Warriors are terrifying, tbh..

Pages : [1] 2

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2016, 10:05 PM
Most frightening matchup for the Spurs since peak Shaq-Kobe:(

They were missing key rotation players, 6th game in 9 days, Curry had arguably the worst game of his career and they still kept the game close..

The Spurs have a historically great defense, so it's not unrealistic to expect them to hold GS well below their averages, but even if we give the Spurs full credit for their shooting woes, playing that type of defensive strategy every game is going to wear SA out by game 3, tbh..

dabom
03-19-2016, 10:06 PM
Spurs turned it over too many times again. Law of averages says the same thing.

ceperez
03-19-2016, 10:07 PM
What I don't understand is how they get so many easy layups and wide open 3 point attempts.

Spurs rarely ever had an easy layup.

sexinthatsx
03-19-2016, 10:08 PM
Tbh, even if it was Igoudala guarding LMA, it still wouldn't matter. Bogut was the missing piece that is yet to be determined though.

spurspokesman
Great point heat. They will be a tough out for anyone. Question is, who else can beat them the rest of the season?

will_spurs
Having to be so active on O (and D) will also tire the Warriors out.

And Curry had a really bad game for a reason.

ElNono
They're the champs and extremely good, tbh... I do think the Spurs can execute better, and I thought Kawhi was too tentative, he needs to breakout...

Spurs were also not 100% though, Manu just getting back from a month off... if he's 100%, I think our chances are a lot better, tbh...

dbreiden83080
03-19-2016, 10:09 PM
We know

spursistan
agree to some extent.but also think this was not the best offensive punch from SA...Kawhi had an inefficient game and even LMA shot meh and missed quite few bunnies and open jumper...neither Green or Mills shot well..just a slugfest we won with superior D..

Mugen
Impressive performance by the Warriors so agree in that regard. But you can punch niggas like Clay and Burnes in the mouf and those losers will fold in a playoff series tbh.

If Wardell doesn't go supernova, the Spurs have a shot to bully dem niggas IMO.....

SpursDynasty
The Spurs and Warriors are pretty much even now. Both 37-5 vs. the West. No making excuses for the Warriors. They lost tonight, period, and Curry went 1-for-11 from three.

Nathan89
03-19-2016, 10:10 PM
Every game is different. Just look at the two Cavs vs GSW games this year.

timtonymanu
Good points, and yes it's gonna take a lot to beat this team, but if the Spurs played their best out there (they didn't) tonight and the result was still the same, I would be very worried.

apalisoc_9
yeah..the spurs won the game with championship like effort by only like 8 points against a team coming a back to back and without their 4th and 5th best player..

All of off a sudden, My gut tells me warriors in 5...

Arcadian
03-19-2016, 10:11 PM
Mostly agree, but the last sentence isn't true. We can play that defense all day everyday.

ElNono
03-19-2016, 10:12 PM
On the other hand, the only way you're going to chip away at their supreme confidence is by beating them, tbh... so you do what you can... these games help

TrainOfThought5
*whispers* when defended well... Curry didnt play well in the finals either. and if the rest of the team cant feed off that, and only offer 6'7" big men, we can see more of this.

Mugen
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/189851/dennis-green-bears-o.gif

Chinook
03-19-2016, 10:13 PM
I'm really getting tired of hearing people hand-wave the Warriors' shooting woes by saying "They are missing shots they normally make." When you have to take so many bad shots, eventually you get so out of rhythm that you miss shots you make. Players aren't statistics. Their shots aren't IID. Will Curry play better going forward? Yes. But people like Mid who think the Splash Bros. are averaging 70 against the Spurs are way off base. In fact, this game would have been a blowout had GS' role-players not shown up. Who know if that happens in the playoffs?

Spurs 4 The Win
03-19-2016, 10:13 PM
This was all about confidence, and we beat them, a win is a win, they still havent beaten us in SA, dont be a faggot and downgrade it, just take it in and enjoy the night.

SpursforSix
03-19-2016, 10:14 PM
On the other hand, the only way you're going to chip away at their supreme confidence is by beating them, tbh... so you do what you can... these games help

If I were a Warriors fan, I'd be thinking "oh shit" right now.

01Snake
We definitely kept them in the game with turnovers and piss poor shooting.

Spurs 4 The Win
I'm really getting tired of hearing people hand-wave the Warriors' shooting woes by saying "They are missing shots they normally make." When you have to take so many bad shots, eventually you get so out of rhythm that you miss shots you make. Players aren't statistics. Their shots aren't IID. Will Curry play better going forward? Yes. But people like Mid who think the Splash Bros. are averaging 70 against the Spurs are way off base. In fact, this game would have been a blowout had GS' role-players not shown up. Who know if that happens in the playoffs?

This, people need to be happy, we showed up and scored more points than them. season series is 1-1. Enjoy the victory

jhfenton
You guys can't even enjoy a game in which the Spurs shot poorly (average from 3), turned it over 17 times, sat Duncan for 40 minutes, and still won by 8 over the team with the best record in NBA history through 66 games. Pathetic.

Just quit if you can't enjoy the win for worrying about what might go wrong in the playoffs.

Kidd K
The favorable officiating they got even at SA is what scares me the most about them, not their team.

As far as on-court play goes, I think we match up well. Not a great game by SA offensively but they just proved they can lock down the GSW on defense which is HUGE.

dabom
03-19-2016, 10:15 PM

:wow

:lol

HemisfairArena
03-19-2016, 10:17 PM
I've already said we aren't beating this team if both are at full health,,,,no chance. We go to their building and they slaughter us by 30,,,,they come to ours and they have a horrendous game and still have a chance to win with 2 minutes to go in the 4th.

PopTheGOAT
03-19-2016, 10:17 PM
Curry had a bad game but a lot of it was because a great defense by Green, Parker and Kawhi. I think Danny blocking his shot early on got in his a head a bit, tbh. They have their excuses, sure, but Spurs can play better on O and Warriors scrubs won't hit like that every game

SpursforSix
03-19-2016, 10:18 PM
I've already said we aren't beating this team if both are at full health,,,,no chance. We go to their building and they slaughter us by 30,,,,they come to ours and they have a horrendous game and still have a chance to win with 2 minutes to go in the 4th.

Shut up faggot.

PopTheGOAT
03-19-2016, 10:18 PM
No

ceperez
03-19-2016, 10:19 PM
Spurs can certainly pound it in the paint. I don't think GSW has anyone to match up against Diaw.

Diaw has always been the key to a championship. He could have been MVP instead of Leonard.

sexinthatsx
03-19-2016, 10:20 PM
yeah..the spurs won the game with championship like effort by only like 8 points against a team coming a back to back and without their 4th and 5th best player..

All of off a sudden, My gut tells me warriors in 5...

Typical cliff jumper tbh. If Danny Green is all of a sudden playing the best defense and clutch 3's, this isn't championship effort. If Duncan plays only 8 minutes, this isn't championship effort. The defense was, but turnovers and offense? no way.

Also, why is everybody giving the Warriors a free pass for back to backs? Only Spurs get that excuse because they're "old". The Warriors 3 best players are in their mid 20's...

HemisfairArena
Shut up faggot.

You ok, princess?

DMC

They were missing key rotation players, 6th game in 9 days, Curry had arguably the worst game of his career and they still kept the game close..

The Spurs have a historically great defense, so it's not unrealistic to expect them to hold GS well below their averages, but even if we give the Spurs full credit for their shooting woes, playing that type of defensive strategy every game is going to wear SA out by game 3, tbh..

People think of the Warriors as 3pt shooting Steph and Klay. The rest of the team, without those two, would make the playoffs. They run good sets, don't do stupid shit (too often) and seem to not get too flustered over runs. Just a good team in general, tough out for anyone who faces them. Insert Bogut and I highly doubt we win this one.

RD2191
Both teams were pretty shitty on offense imo. I think both teams can play way better.

K...
03-19-2016, 10:22 PM
Better avoid the grizzlies at all cost tbh. Don't want to matchup with dem bears.

phxspurfan
03-19-2016, 10:23 PM
When you have to take so many bad shots, eventually you get so out of rhythm that you miss shots you make

That's the big question here. Will the Dubs shooting regress to the mean? Maybe were seeing it.

DAF86
03-19-2016, 10:23 PM
Spurs have a lot of room for improvement too, tbh. Specially shooting and taking care of the ball.

They should post somebody up on every offensive trip and play the high low between the bigs. That's where our advantage is, tbh.

midnightpulp
03-19-2016, 10:24 PM
There's no reason this shouldn't have been a 20 point stomping (and at one point, the Spurs were looking to blow this thing wide open) The Warriors have been giving up big points on good efficiency to mediocre/shitty teams like the Mavericks, Lakers, Suns, Pelicans, etc. Yes, the Warriors didn't take those games seriously, but I don't think they just can turn on/off their defense to level that can hold the Spurs offense at home to 87 points, and I think the reason this wasn't a blowout is because of nerves and pressure on the Spurs part.

Now that they got the Warrior monkey off their back, I think they'll play much more confidently on offense in the next matchup.

daslicer
03-19-2016, 10:24 PM
A lot of spin doctors in here after this win. The games with the Warriors will always be close because they are great shooting team and they are good at forcing turnovers. The Warriors also got bs favoritism from the refs. Don't give a shit that the Warriors came off a back to back since they are a very young team. When your a young team back to backs have little to no influence on your performance.

sexinthatsx
03-19-2016, 10:25 PM
People think of the Warriors as 3pt shooting Steph and Klay. The rest of the team, without those two, would make the playoffs. They run good sets, don't do stupid shit (too often) and seem to not get too flustered over runs. Just a good team in general, tough out for anyone who faces them. Insert Bogut and I highly doubt we win this one.

DMC, have you seen the Warriors play without Curry? You don't even have to take Klay away, they're probably going to fight for a playoff spot.

spurs10
03-19-2016, 10:26 PM
I'm really getting tired of hearing people hand-wave the Warriors' shooting woes by saying "They are missing shots they normally make." When you have to take so many bad shots, eventually you get so out of rhythm that you miss shots you make. Players aren't statistics. Their shots aren't IID. Will Curry play better going forward? Yes. But people like Mid who think the Splash Bros. are averaging 70 against the Spurs are way off base. In fact, this game would have been a blowout had GS' role-players not shown up. Who know if that happens in the playoffs? Great #^$&ing post! We should have won by 20 but their bench showed up...

Chinook

People keep saying this, but GS' starting lineup tonight has the best net rating in the league. The Spurs pretty much matched up and showed them that the lineup isn't going to work. Bogut may have stopped Aldridge, but the Warriors playing big means the Spurs can play their best lineup while the Warriors refrain from using theirs. That's a Spurs victory in the long run.

Chris
They're the champs and extremely good, tbh... I do think the Spurs can execute better, and I thought Kawhi was too tentative, he needs to breakout...

Spurs were also not 100% though, Manu just getting back from a month off... if he's 100%, I think our chances are a lot better, tbh...

I agree. Manu at 100% would have made this game a lot less nerve racking.

KDKSpurs24
This is exactly what I was thinking OP. But at the same time i'm even more confident because them having Iggy and Bogut will allow us the work our defensive scheme even better in my opinion. Since they can't shoot we can sag off a bit and help more. But defensively they'll be tougher and have more chemistry with those 2.

ducks
03-19-2016, 10:27 PM
Warriors are 1-4 this season when they score fewer than 100 points.

Agloco
03-19-2016, 10:27 PM

The Spurs played a pretty sloppy game as well. This wasn't their best punch by far. I'd be a lot more worried if they had played really well and had the same outcome.

Texas_Ranger
03-19-2016, 10:28 PM
I think they are better against the Spurs without Bogut and Iguodala.

SpurPadre
Can't really use Bogut not playing as an excuse with TD only logging 8 minutes. TD would've played a lot more had Bogut played. Them missing Iggy was key though.

HarlemHeat37
This isn't an anti-Spurs thread..they can play better, too..

It's just stating how terrifying the Warriors are, tbh..this isn't Lebron's Heat(they had obvious flaws and the Spurs offense philosophy matched up perfectly against Miami's style of swarming defense) or Kobe/Pau's Lakers(where the Spurs just didn't have the talent to beat them)..this team is much scarier IMO..

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2016, 10:29 PM
I think they are better against the Spurs without Bogut and Iguodala.

Bogut, ya, probably..

Iguodala is huge against the Spurs, though..

Agloco
I agree. Manu at 100% would have made this game a lot less nerve racking.

Manu made a lot of bad passes per par. He giveth and he taketh.....

Spurs have to play absolutely perfect to defeat the Warriors in a 7 game series. There's no denying that. The Warriors are the defending champs and are literally having the best season in NBA history. Amazing that there are still people on this forum with their heads buried in the sand saying the Warriors will be exposed soon enough. What more can the Warriors do? Go 82-0?

Spurs can win with historically one of the best defense ever, stop turning the ball over so easily, LA and Diaw being able to take advantage of smaller players, and hitting a good 3 point %.

HemisfairArena
There's no reason this shouldn't have been a 20 point stomping (and at one point, the Spurs were looking to blow this thing wide open) The Warriors have been giving up big points on good efficiency to mediocre/shitty teams like the Mavericks, Lakers, Suns, Pelicans, etc. Yes, the Warriors didn't take those games seriously, but I don't think they just can turn on/off their defense to level that can hold the Spurs offense at home to 87 points, and I think the reason this wasn't a blowout is because of nerves and pressure on the Spurs part.

Now that they got the Warrior monkey off their back, I think they'll play much more confidently on offense in the next matchup.

I don't think the Warriors have won in San Antonio since 1997,,,what monkey are you talking about, Mid?,,,,

Agloco
03-19-2016, 10:30 PM

It's just stating how terrifying the Warriors are, tbh..this isn't Lebron's Heat or Kobe/Pau's Lakers..this team is much scarier IMO..

Oh sure. The Warriors are better than the Spurs. They'll have to play at least an A- series to have a chance against these guys.

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2016, 10:31 PM
A lot of spin doctors in here after this win. The games with the Warriors will always be close because they are great shooting team and they are good at forcing turnovers. The Warriors also got bs favoritism from the refs. Don't give a shit that the Warriors came off a back to back since they are a very young team. When your a young team back to backs have little to no influence on your performance.

That's the point of this thread:lol..you can't put them away, it's terrifying..

ducks
03-19-2016, 10:31 PM
Spurs players and coaches could have been in awe of what gs is doing and then they destroyed them last game

-21-
03-19-2016, 10:33 PM

It's just stating how terrifying the Warriors are, tbh..this isn't Lebron's Heat(they had obvious flaws and the Spurs offense philosophy matched up perfectly against Miami's style of swarming defense) or Kobe/Pau's Lakers(where the Spurs just didn't have the talent to beat them)..this team is much scarier IMO..

Everybody knows this. You're just stating the obvious tbh.

KL2
03-19-2016, 10:33 PM
GS is in danger of running into fatigue/injuries, especially deep in the playoffs. From here on out GS has to go all in to break the Bulls' record and go onto win the 'ship. Tired legs will also have an impact on their 3pt shooters, it could ultimately lead to their demise against a very well rested Spurs team just starting to peak.

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2016, 10:34 PM
Everybody knows this. You're just stating the obvious tbh.

That's not true, at all:lol

There are still a lot of posters here that are still in denial about both Curry as an individual and the Warriors as a team..

midnightpulp
03-19-2016, 10:35 PM

After the 30 point thrashing at GS (in which Curry dropped 37 in 28 minutes), and considering how the Spurs typically have problems with athletic, high scoring back courts (Lillard and McCollum just combined for 50), I had no reason to believe otherwise. Also, Klay really isn't the main part in that equation. Curry showed in the first matchup he's capable of scoring at a 50 ppg pace against us. He's obviously not going to average 50 over a playoff series, but he's more than capable of averaging 30-35, with Klay pitching in 20-25.

Furthermore, I didn't say they would average 70, just that they are capable of scoring that in any given game, and two players who are capable of scoring those points is tough obstacle to overcome.

This game has renewed my confidence somewhat, but I still worry about our comparative lack of firepower. Like I said in another post, I hope it was just nerves that prevented the Spurs from beating down these fucks by 20.

Spurs 4 The Win

Then go put your life savings on the Warriors in Vegas if its so obvious... you wont you pussy bitch cuck, sit the fuck down :lol

polandprzem
Great point heat. They will be a tough out for anyone. Question is, who else can beat them the rest of the season?

62-7 well I guess

MI21

I read a post of yours earlier suggesting Curry may struggle to get to 20 on occasion vs the Spurs. I appreciated the sentiment, but thought you were slightly optimistic. Mah nig.

YGWHI
03-19-2016, 10:36 PM
Not sure why people think that Warriors D has nothing to do with Spurs turnovers...42 TOs in two games against them

HemisfairArena
03-19-2016, 10:37 PM
Then go put your life savings on the Warriors in Vegas if its so obvious... you wont you pussy bitch cuck, sit the fuck down :lol

Put all your money on the Spurs, tough guy,,,I bet you wont princess,,,

SpurPadre
Oh sure. The Warriors are better than the Spurs. They'll have to play at least an A- series to have a chance against these guys.

Well, until a series happens between them, you can't really say they are better. All we know is that tonight didn't prove shit and that both teams can play better.

99 Problems
The Movin screen is dead. McAdoo & Barnes get a couple of slashes each that Iggy would have got in any event and yer maybe Iggy helps on D more, but play Bogut more at their peril. Kawhi got robbed and did well to stay so professional. Ffs Delavedova man handled Curry well & he only had his role playing mate LeBrian to help. We got the team and we're coming.

dabom
Mid continues to hold :lma's. If you needed this game to understand the basics of basketball you are a fucking twat. :lmao

Spurs 4 The Win
Put all your money on the Spurs, tough guy,,,I bet you wont princess,,,

I already bet $250 on them a few months back when I was in Vegas, jokes on you faggot

ducks
03-19-2016, 10:38 PM
Look at curry stats against Spurs
Spurs do the best on him

HemisfairArena
03-19-2016, 10:39 PM
I already bet $250 on them a few months back when I was in Vegas, jokes on you faggot

Sure you did, princess,,,,

DarrinS
Terrifying is a bit strong. They are very good, tho

All Mighty Janitor
It's important to note that we were pretty much playing against their small ball of death (or whatever it's called) and held them under 80. Iggy helps them to improve their versatility on O and D but it is impressive none-the-less that we held such an explosive lineup to such a low score. We still need to see our full line up vs theirs so not to much we can draw for this game.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-19-2016, 10:43 PM
Sure you did, princess,,,,

Well Im supporting my team and you arent giving us a shot, go get your golden state gear on faggot

afireinside20
03-19-2016, 10:44 PM

Saw this type of post coming tbh

sananspursfan21
03-19-2016, 10:46 PM
Really? Cmon, slow Curry, you slow the Warriors. Will other players score? Sure, but tonight was very promising and you know our Spurs are not hanging their hat on this game. I'm sure they're just as frustrated with stupid turnovers and missed shots themselves. It was a good game and very telling in terms of Curry's game.

weeks
03-19-2016, 10:47 PM
who gaf about injury.
GS has no room to talk about shit injury-wise. they don't want to go down the 'asterisk' road believe me.
this was FAR from the best we've looked all year. a mediocre game from the spurs IMO

they're still more dangerous than SAS in my opinion but i think we have a puncher's chance

HemisfairArena
03-19-2016, 10:49 PM
Well Im supporting my team and you arent giving us a shot, go get your golden state gear on faggot

salty much, princess?,,,

Chinook
03-19-2016, 10:50 PM
After the 30 point thrashing at GS (in which Curry dropped 37 in 28 minutes), and considering how the Spurs typically have problems with athletic, high scoring back courts (Lillard and McCollum just combined for 50), I had no reason to believe otherwise.

Of course you did. The Spurs are the best defense in the league. That you took a blowout in Oakland a statement of fact is your folly. GS blew out the Spurs last season as well, and the Spurs took the other two. That happens all the time with two really good teams. The Spurs WILL blow out the Warriors at least once. It's not a big deal. It's like two top-rank pool players. Look at what the Heat and Spurs were doing two each other.

Furthermore, I didn't say they would average 70, just that they are capable of scoring that in any given game, and two players who are capable of scoring those points is tough obstacle to overcome.

When you start counting ppg and use 70 as the number for the Splash Bros., you are saying what they'll average. They'll be closer to 45, and that's being optimistic for them.

This game has renewed my confidence somewhat, but I still worry about our comparative lack of firepower. Like I said in another post, I hope it was just nerves that prevented the Spurs from beating down these fucks by 20.

It wasn't nerve. It was the Warriors' bench winning against the Spurs' bench. If that is just what we are going to expect, then yeah, it's an issue. But if that's even and even match-up, the team will be fine.

Solid D
03-19-2016, 10:51 PM
Yes, the Warriors are awesome and scary good.

The Spurs held the Thunder to 85 points and the Warriors to 79 and that's got to be intimidating to their competition.

DMC
That's the big question here. Will the Dubs shooting regress to the mean? Maybe were seeing it.

Really? This far into the season and now it's going to regress? No. Whomever they face next, they're going to romp. They now have the fear of God in them that they might not make that 73 wins.

midnightpulp
Mid continues to hold :lma's. If you needed this game to understand the basics of basketball you are a fucking twat. :lmao

Oh, so this game "counts more" than the first matchup in which Curry and Klay were on pace to score about 60 combined points? Curry dropped 37 in 28 minutes, and he's been doing it all year against all defenders.

Klay isn't the one who scares me. It's Curry, and you're the twat if you think he's not capable of exploding over a playoff series, even against the Spurs. This game was nice, but you have enter every game (as I'm sure Pop and Co. do) against the Warriors assuming Curry is going drop 40-45 points on you, and try to hatch an overall gameplan from there.

On a side note, Parker's defense was stellar tonight. :lol wanting to start 5'10" Patty House. He can't even stop a 40 year old Leandro Barbosa :lmao

SpurPadre
03-19-2016, 10:53 PM
Draymond Green just a few minutes ago: "They only won by 8 points!"

daslicer
03-19-2016, 10:55 PM
who gaf about injury.
GS has no room to talk about shit injury-wise. they don't want to go down the 'asterisk' road believe me.
this was FAR from the best we've looked all year. a mediocre game from the spurs IMO

they're still more dangerous than SAS in my opinion but i think we have a puncher's chance

They are an arrogant bunch. I always believe against arrogant people you have to beat them 3 times before their confidence is shattered. The first time you win they will say its a fluke. The second time they will play the injury card excuse. After the third time they will have a mental meltdown.

UZER
03-19-2016, 10:56 PM
Warriors fans the understand basketball, not the bandwagon or trolls, are saying the same thing about SA. Offensively we didn't play great either and we still won. These teams are even and its gonna be a war in the playoffs.

daslicer
Draymond Green just a few minutes ago: "They only won by 8 points!"

I believe he's a strong front runner. He can be broken in half mentally. Just look at the Grizzlies series and Cav's series when he needed David Lee to bail out his ass. I believe if LMA has a few more good games against him he will crumble mentally.

ducks
Yes, the Warriors are awesome and scary good.

The Spurs held the Thunder to 85 points and the Warriors to 79 and that's got to be intimidating to their competition.

dabom
03-19-2016, 10:57 PM
Oh, so this game "counts more" than the first matchup in which Curry and Klay were on pace to score about 60 combined points? Curry dropped 37 in 28 minutes, and he's been doing it all year against all defenders.

Klay isn't the one who scares me. It's Curry, and you're the twat if you think he's not capable of exploding over a playoff series, even against the Spurs. This game was nice, but you have enter every game (as I'm sure Pop and Co. do) against the Warriors assuming Curry is going drop 40-45 points on you, and try to hatch an overall gameplan from there.

On a side note, Parker's defense was stellar tonight. :lol wanting to start 5'10" Patty House. He can't even stop a 40 year old Leandro Barbosa :lmao

So you used the 1st game for your whole basis when there has been "history" of the Spurs owning the warriettes. :lmao

Faggot.

Patty had an alright game.

Jonathon Simmons defense. :lmao

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2016, 10:57 PM
Warriors fans the understand basketball, not the bandwagon or trolls, are saying the same thing about SA. Offensively we didn't play great either and we still won. These teams are even and its gonna be a war in the playoffs.

Warriors media and most of their fans don't seem to respect the Spurs, tbh:lol..they're already downplaying the loss..

I'm sure Thompson and Green will say something at any moment now:lol

weeks
03-19-2016, 10:58 PM
yep
when the skill levels are this close, the percentages virtually identical, victory or defeat is basically a matter of luck/biased officiating.
i'm not a big believer in the latter, so i think it's just gonna come down to lucky shots in the end.

dabom
03-19-2016, 10:58 PM
Warriors media and most of their fans don't seem to respect the Spurs, tbh:lol..they're already downplaying the loss..

I'm sure Thompson and Green will say something at any moment now:lol

Laker fans. :lol

Chinook
03-19-2016, 10:59 PM
I believe he's a strong front runner. He can be broken in half mentally. Just look at the Grizzlies series and Cav's series when he needed David Lee to bail out his ass. I believe if LMA has a few more good games against him he will crumble mentally.

Just keep playing Kawhi on him. He only picked it up once the Spurs stopped doing that. Take him out of the offense, and he'll start being an issue.

weeks
Warriors media and most of their fans don't seem to respect the Spurs, tbh:lol
so many are bandwagon johnny-come-lately types...they still haven't gotten it. the regular season is really meaningless

one 30 point blowout and they started poppin champagne. it's kinda funny. even lakerfans won't fall for that, they got too much experience

DAF86
Not sure why people think that Warriors D has nothing to do with Spurs turnovers...42 TOs in two games against them

You can take care of that by playing a lot more post ups, which is what the Spurs should do against this folks, tbh.

HemisfairArena
03-19-2016, 11:00 PM
I'm gonna throw this out there,,,these teams aren't going to meet each other in the playoffs,,,,one of them is gonna get beat before that and the world will be shocked,,,,

T Park
03-19-2016, 11:02 PM

Spurs also missed easy shots as well. So we can stuff the "they missed shots" thing.

T Park
03-19-2016, 11:03 PM
The Spurs missed Duncan in the last game and I was told "injuries are no excuse"

Now tonight "they were missing key players"

GTFO

midnightpulp
03-19-2016, 11:03 PM
Of course you did. The Spurs are the best defense in the league. That you took a blowout in Oakland a statement of fact is your folly. GS blew out the Spurs last season as well, and the Spurs took the other two. That happens all the time with two really good teams. The Spurs WILL blow out the Warriors at least once. It's not a big deal. It's like two top-rank pool players. Look at what the Heat and Spurs were doing two each other.

When you start counting ppg and use 70 as the number for the Splash Bros., you are saying what they'll average. They'll be closer to 45, and that's being optimistic for them.

It wasn't nerve. It was the Warriors' bench winning against the Spurs' bench. If that is just what we are going to expect, then yeah, it's an issue. But if that's even and even match-up, the team will be fine.

And this game is a "statement of fact?"

And don't bring up last season. It's irrelevant. The folly I did make was thinking the 2015-2016 Warriors and the 2014-2015 Warriors were similar, and the Spurs still had an advantage over them considering last season's matchups. Curry is on a completely different, stratospheric, never-before-seen offensive level. Maybe I'm overrating him vis a vis the Spurs defense, but I expect him to drop 35-40 (or be on pace to) against us every game. All Klay has to do is basically not suck, and we're close to my 60ish combined PPG for them. Or at the very least, a +15 advantage over our two biggest guns (the latter is really the more accurate judgement since pace obviously affects PPG). Again, prior to this game, I had no reason to believe otherwise.

I have some renewed confidence, but I'm still going to go into every game against them expecting big numbers from Curry/Klay (or that =10-15 vs. LMA/Kawhi).

spursmvp
03-19-2016, 11:04 PM
You can take care of that by playing a lot more post ups, which is what the Spurs should do against this folks, tbh.

we did as many as we could. We turned it over on postups too when they double teamed. I remember boris and lma both had TO's while posting up. Warriors' hands are just too quick. Manu just needs to stop trying to jam it in there when LMA is ALREADY double teamed.

midnightpulp
03-19-2016, 11:07 PM
So you used the 1st game for your whole basis when there has been "history" of the Spurs owning the warriettes. :lmao

Faggot.

Patty had an alright game.

Jonathon Simmons defense. :lmao

Yeah, beating the Warriors when they were coached by Mark Jacks:loln is relevant today :lol

You can't even use last season's "history." Curry is on a completely different level this year. Just like you wouldn't cite Kawhi's struggles against Matt Barnes as a "historic" example of the player Kawhi is right now (on a whole different level than the Kawhi who was outplayed by Matt Barnes).

Think before you type.

YGWHI
03-19-2016, 11:09 PM

I'd love to see that. I've said before that post-ups is the best way to slow Warriors pace and also, exploit Spurs frontcourt advantage over them.

dabom
03-19-2016, 11:11 PM
Yeah, beating the Warriors when they were coached by Mark Jacks:loln is relevant today :lol

You can't even use last season's "history." Curry is on a completely different level this year. Just like you wouldn't cite Kawhi's struggles against Matt Barnes as a "historic" example of the player Kawhi is right now (on a whole different level than the Kawhi who was outplayed by Matt Barnes).

Think before you type.

You are the one that keeps taking L's faggot. I can go bump 4-8 of your shitty threads right now but I won't for your sake. Stop posting your trash. You are shook. :lmao

Your basketball IQ is lacking. :lmao

DAF86
03-19-2016, 11:12 PM
I'd love to see that. I've said before that post-ups is the best way to slow Warriors pace and also, exploit Spurs frontcourt advantage over them.

Specially bevause we have a lot of post up options: kawhi, Boris, LMA, Tim, West, heck even Kyle.

A good dosis of post ups and bigman passing should help us against these midgets. We have to volleyball them to death.

Kawhitstorm

Klay "Playoff Choker" Thompson would need to grow a pair before they can be a frightening matchup when Curry isn't in video game mode. Dude couldn't score on Porker/Patty numerous times.:lol He is also a Danny level playmaker & committed a key turnover in the 4th quarter when he got doubled that led to a Boris layup.

Besides, their DEFENSE is underrated & causes the Spurs trouble like OKC w/ Thabo so it's not THAT surprising they were able to say in the game despite their offensive struggles . Tonight, ThundeRefs also showed up & were responsible for numerous momentum killing calls/non-calls.:lol

Chinook
The Spurs had 104 possessions to GS' 97. That average is actually pretty close to GS' average pace (100). And it's significantly faster than the Spurs normally play (94). So the pace wasn't the issue, and the Warriors thinking they just have to go faster is an advantage for SA. Again, this is about efficiency, and both teams left points on the table. I don't see how having Bogut in the game over Rush is going to make them better at shooting threes. For the Spurs, it's going to depend on Tim being able to score on Green. Tonight wasn't a good sign for that part of the equation.

midnightpulp
03-19-2016, 11:14 PM
You are the one that keeps taking L's faggot. I can go bump 4-8 of your shitty threads right now but I won't for your sake. Stop posting your trash. You are shook. :lmao

Your basketball IQ is lacking. :lmao

Nice deflection. And feel free to bump. Nothing I said was a bad take.

Also feel free to bump my <3 LMA, Kawhi RPM and Kawhi Should be MVP threads. I'm even more validated after this game.

tmtcsc
03-19-2016, 11:14 PM

The Spurs offense was pretty bad tonight. I'll give GSW some credit for that but they were held 17 points below their average because they were a turnover machine.

Kawhitstorm
03-19-2016, 11:15 PM
The Spurs had 104 possessions to GS' 97. That average is actually pretty close to GS' average pace (100). And it's significantly faster than the Spurs normally play (94). So the pace wasn't the issue, and the Warriors thinking they just have to go faster is an advantage for SA. Again, this is about efficiency, and both teams left points on the table. I don't see how having Bogut in the game over Rush is going to make them better at shooting threes. For the Spurs, it's going to depend on Tim being able to score on Green. Tonight wasn't a good sign for that part of the equation.

They could have used Iggy to run the offense while letting Curry play off the ball but Bogut would have been getting lobs instead of corner 3s like Rush so it would be trading 2s for 3s.

YGWHI
03-19-2016, 11:17 PM
Just like you wouldn't cite Kawhi's struggles against Matt Barnes as a "historic" example of the player Kawhi is right now (on a whole different level than the Kawhi who was outplayed by Matt Barnes).

Narrative...Not sure how Kawhi was outplayed by Barnes in the series if he scored almost 24 ppg in +50 FG% in the first 5 games, I guess Barnes played for the Clippers those games too.

It's hard to think that a guy who scored 20.3 ppg for an entire playoffs series in a Spurs system was outplayed by a rival.

dabom
03-19-2016, 11:18 PM
Nice deflection. And feel free to bump. Nothing I said was a bad take.

Also feel free to bump my <3 LMA, Kawhi RPM and Kawhi Should be MVP threads. I'm even more validated after this game.

Those are not even hot takes brah. :lmao

I'm not going to try to out type you cuck. You just ain't bright. :lmao

I have never seen a good take from you tbh. :lmao

dabom
03-19-2016, 11:19 PM
Narrative...Not sure how Kawhi was outplayed by Barnes in the series if he scored almost 24 ppg in +50 FG% in the first 5 games, I guess Barnes played for the Clippers those games too.

It's hard to think that a guy who scored 20.3 ppg for an entire playoffs series in a Spurs system was outplayed by a rival.

The guy is a low IQ poster. Get's shitted on more than a toilet. :lmao

coachmac87
03-19-2016, 11:19 PM
So somebody explain how Iggy, and Bogut help Warriors score more than 79pts..

Spurs defense is the thing that needs to be focused on. I don't give a fuck who is on the court 79pts is 79pts..

Spurs gonna be just fine

Dro210
03-19-2016, 11:22 PM

WAAAACK... Not scared of 'em one bit, never have been, never will be.

midnightpulp
03-19-2016, 11:22 PM
Narrative...Not sure how Kawhi was outplayed by Barnes in the seires if he scored almost 24 ppg in +50 FG% in the first 5 games, I guess Barnes played for the Clippers those games too.

:lol So sensitive about any perceived slight against Kawhi.

Closeout game 6 at home:

Barnes: 8 points on 3-3 shooting as Kawhi's main defender.

Kawhi: 12 points on 3-15 shooting.

Game 7:

Barnes: 17 points on 7-13 shooting.

Kawhi: 13 points on 5-13 shooting.

Kawhi's series PPG only looks nice because he had a 32 point game in a 37 point blowout.

He got outplayed by a mid-level scrub. Just accept it (or find a way to blame Parker, per par).

midnightpulp
03-19-2016, 11:24 PM
Those are not even hot takes brah. :lmao

I'm not going to try to out type you cuck. You just ain't bright. :lmao

I have never seen a good take from you tbh. :lmao

:lol Wanting to start Patty House over Parker.
:lol :cry Gib Bawl to Kiwi :cry
:lol Having to wear a down syndrome helmet
:lol "Krew"
:lol Dabom

Kawhitstorm
03-19-2016, 11:24 PM
Just keep playing Kawhi on him. He only picked it up once the Spurs stopped doing that. Take him out of the offense, and he'll start being an issue.

As long as Klay isn't killing Tony/Patty, Pop can get away w/ Kawhi on Draymond. (Worriers were trying to use Barnes on PnRs to attack LMA who did a solid job on switches when Tony was actually guarding Curry; it was weird that they just didn't isolate when Tony was on Curry rather than inviting a help defender)

Down Under
03-19-2016, 11:25 PM
I'm even more worried after the win today about beating them

YGWHI
03-19-2016, 11:26 PM
:lol So sensitive about any perceived slight against Kawhi.

Closeout game 6 at home:

Barnes: 8 points on 3-3 shooting as Kawhi's main defender.

Kawhi: 12 points on 3-15 shooting.

Game 7:

Barnes: 17 points on 7-13 shooting.

Kawhi: 13 points on 5-13 shooting.

Kawhi's series PPG only looks nice because he had a 32 point game in a 37 point blowout.

He got outplayed by a mid-level scrub. Just accept it (or find a way to blame Parker, per par).

Yep...because Kawhi didn't score 23 and 26 points in other two games of the series.

So Kawhi played bad the last two games and that means he was outplayed in the series by Barnes...nice.

Chinook
03-19-2016, 11:29 PM
And this game is a "statement of fact?"

Yeah, it's a statement that you thinking the Spurs' D wouldn't affect the Splash Bros was silly.

And don't bring up last season. It's irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant to the fact that getting blown out by a great team is no big deal. Again, it's like two great pool players. One often gets blown out when they face each other because the best run the table when they are on their games. Blowouts aren't a big deal. This is not a new concept.

Curry is on a completely different, stratospheric, never-before-seen offensive level. Maybe I'm overrating him vis a vis the Spurs defense, but I expect him to drop 35-40 (or be on pace to) against us every game.

You should stop expecting that. It's not going to happen. He's not going to score 15 every night obviously. But he'll be around 25 and near 1ppp. The adjustments the Warriors make aren't going to be for him to get better looks. They will be for the other guys to take advantage of the switching and hedging. And if GS decides that they need to play big to match the Spurs, those plays won't work as well.

All Klay has to do is basically not suck, and we're close to my 60ish combined PPG for them. Or at the very least, a +15 advantage over our two biggest guns (the latter is really the more accurate judgement since pace obviously affects PPG)

You really need to spot thinking of this in terms of ppg. It's just silly. Thompson and Curry average 52 ppg so far. They're not going to get better against the Spurs defense.

Again, prior to this game, I had no reason to believe otherwise.

You could have used basic logic and realized that defense always matters.

dabom
03-19-2016, 11:32 PM
Chinook. Wow. :wow

midnightpulp
03-19-2016, 11:32 PM
Yep...because Kawhi didn't score 24 points in other two games of the series.

So Kawhi played bad the last two games and that means he was outplayed in the series by Barnes...nice.

At no point should an MVP candidate/DPOY get fuckin' outplayed by a 36 year old scrub in two closeout games. I don't give a shit about 32 point games in 37 point blowouts. Shit, Kawhi was even shitty in game 5 that got us the series lead. When it was time to step up and closeout the series, he failed, and the fact that was against Matt Barnes adds all the more insult to injury.

You don't have to always be the dependable semen shield. Kawhi got outplayed. It happens. Just accept it and move on. Hopefully he'll be up to task this year against heavyweights like Aminu or Trevor Ariza in a potential first round matchup.

RD2191
03-19-2016, 11:33 PM
Chinook tearing mid a new asshole.

Chinook
Again, this match-up isn't about the Warriors. The Spurs legit have the answer for Curry and Thompson, and Green, and Barnes, and whoever else. Pop's going to bust out the real offense pretty soon, and those TOs are going to decline, and the Spurs are going to separate themselves.

dabom
Yeah, it's a statement that you thinking the Spurs' D wouldn't affect the Splash Bros was silly.

It's not irrelevant to the fact that getting blown out by a great team is no big deal. Again, it's like two great pool players. One often gets blown out when they face each other because the best run the table when they are on their games. Blowouts aren't a big deal. This is not a new concept.

You should stop expecting that. It's not going to happen. He's not going to score 15 every night obviously. But he'll be around 25 and near 1ppp. The adjustments the Warriors make aren't going to be for him to get better looks. They will be for the other guys to take advantage of the switching and hedging. And if GS decides that they need to play big to match the Spurs, those plays won't work as well.

You really need to spot thinking of this in terms of ppg. It's just silly. Thompson and Curry average 52 ppg on average. They're not going to get better against the Spurs defense.

YGWHI
:lol :cry Gib Bawl to Kiwi :cry

Not sure why we should laugh at this...Kawhi being involved on offense is always a good thing.

jeebus
03-19-2016, 11:34 PM
:lol only thing terrifying about the warriors is barbosa's head shape. that team is running on fumes and gimmicky shots that aren't going to fall in the playoffs. still, nice troll attempt by OP. not really. 2/10.

ducks
Gs will lose to Spurs in playoffs

dabom
Chinook top 10 poster confirmed.

Mid top 10 worst poster confirmed.

lefty
03-19-2016, 11:35 PM
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/44/61/42/9640077/4/920x920.pnghttp://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/44/61/42/9640091/4/1024x1024.jpghttp://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/44/61/42/9640069/4/1024x1024.jpg

RD2191
03-19-2016, 11:36 PM
At no point should an MVP candidate/DPOY get fuckin' outplayed by a 36 year old scrub in two closeout games. I don't give a shit about 32 point games in 37 point blowouts. Shit, Kawhi was even shitty in game 5 that got us the series lead. When it was time to step up and closeout the series, he failed, and the fact that was against Matt Barnes adds all the more insult to injury.

You don't have to always be the dependable semen shield. Kawhi got outplayed. It happens. Just accept it and move on. Hopefully he'll be up to task this year against heavyweights like Aminu or Trevor Ariza in a potential first round matchup.
Why does Parker get benched at the end of closeout games?

RD2191
03-19-2016, 11:37 PM
Chinook top 10 poster confirmed.

Mid top 10 worst poster confirmed.

The dude might have psychological problems tbh

SanDiegoSpursFan
03-19-2016, 11:38 PM
In the future, the bench has to do way better if the Spurs want a good chance of beating them. That's two games now the Spurs' bench has been outplayed by the Warriors bench, though Diaw starting had something to do with that today. The Spurs shouldn't get outscored when Green and Curry are both on the bench.

spursreport
03-19-2016, 11:39 PM

You said the Panthers were beating the Broncos last month. Stfu faggot.

YGWHI
At no point should an MVP candidate/DPOY get fuckin' outplayed by a 36 year old scrub in two closeout games.

Oh well, narrative is changing...he wasn't outplayed during the whole series...I'd like to know how it will change in the next three posts.

HemisfairArena
Are you silly spurs homers still thinking we beat the Warriors 4 out of 7?,,,,,seriously?,,,,,lmao

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2016, 11:40 PM

coachmac87
Chinook has earned back my respect

r0drig0lac
Spurs have to play absolutely perfect to defeat the Warriors in a 7 game series. There's no denying that. The Warriors are the defending champs and are literally having the best season in NBA history. Amazing that there are still people on this forum with their heads buried in the sand saying the Warriors will be exposed soon enough. What more can the Warriors do? Go 82-0?

Spurs can win with historically one of the best defense ever, stop turning the ball over so easily, LA and Diaw being able to take advantage of smaller players, and hitting a good 3 point %.

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2016, 11:41 PM
Spurs-Warriors will probably be 2002 Kings-Lakers, tbh..can't remember a West series with as much potential hype..

HemisfairArena

and you said you love cock, princess,,,,

Mikeanaro
Warrefs can blow me whenever they want, tbh.

dabom
The dude might have psychological problems tbh

The guy is the most consistently wrong person on this forum. :lol

z0sa
03-19-2016, 11:42 PM
Spurs turned it over too many times again. Law of averages says the same thing.

Chinook
03-19-2016, 11:42 PM
Chinook has earned back my respect

Damn. All right. Let's try this: Butler would have been much more useful tonight than Martin was.

HemisfairArena
03-19-2016, 11:43 PM
Spurs-Warriors will probably be 2002 Kings-Lakers, tbh..can't remember a West series with as much potential hype..

Trailblzers/Lakers,,,Shaq became a man when they were down 18 and came back to win,,,,

Joseph Kony

:lmao owned

RD2191
The guy is the most consistently wrong person on this forum. :lol
Idk bruh, hater is also a fucking idiot.

coachmac87
03-19-2016, 11:44 PM
Damn. All right. Let's try this: Butler would have been much more useful tonight than Martin was.

Easy now....

But who's minutes you give Butler tonight??

MaNu4Tres
Everything in this thread is subjective til the 7 game series is played.

Good win, solid win but it means nothing tbh...

dabom
Idk bruh, hater (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7609) is also a fucking idiot.

Hater does it for the laughs bro. Like you can tell he is trying to be wrong sometimes.

Mid "thinks" he is right. :lol

BSfromTX
03-19-2016, 11:46 PM
No bogut= Duncan bench

i don't think it's crazy to say Duncan would cancel him out...

iggy? Meh

Chinook
03-19-2016, 11:46 PM
Easy now....

But who's minutes you give Butler tonight??

Martin and probably some of Anderson's.

YGWHI
03-19-2016, 11:47 PM
In the future, the bench has to do way better if the Spurs want a good chance of beating them. That's two games now the Spurs' bench has been outplayed by the Warriors bench, though Diaw starting had something to do with that today. The Spurs shouldn't get outscored when Green and Curry are both on the bench.

We can keep saying the Warriors don't have a bench but Livingstong had 4 steals in this game and 13 points in the last...

midnightpulp
03-19-2016, 11:49 PM

No other elite defense, Spurs included, has affected them this season. What evidence should I have went on? Last season is last season. It has no bearing on the present, and at present, Curry and sometimes Klay, have looked out of this world.

Of course, but that was a different kind of blowout. The Spurs were playing their historically great defense then as they are now, and allowed 120 points. I wouldn't call that "no big deal."

Y
ou should stop expecting that. It's not going to happen. He's not going to score 15 every night obviously. But he'll be around 25 and near 1ppp. The adjustments the Warriors make aren't going to be for him to get better looks. They will be for the other guys to take advantage of the switching and hedging. And if GS decides that they need to play big to match the Spurs, those plays won't work as well.

Let's flashback to '01.

Chinook: Kobe and Shaq only average about 56ppg combined, and the Lakers are 56-26 have looked unimpressive all year (see their 3.74 srs compared to our 7.92). We're the best defense in the league, so "logically," Shaq and Kobe should be held below their season averages. You should stop expecting that.

What happened? Shaq and Kobe averaged 60.3 ppg against the Spurs in the WCF. And it was in relatively limited minutes (by playoff standards) since all those games were blowouts.

You really need to spot thinking of this in terms of ppg. It's just silly. Thompson and Curry average 52 ppg on average. They're not going to get better against the Spurs defense.

See '01. And yes, simplifying down to PPG isn't the best analysis (as I admitted in that thread), but I will still maintain that the odds are in Curry/Klay's favor to outscore our two big guns by 10-15 points over a series.

See '01.

When dealing with historical anomalies, such as those '01 Lakers were and these Warriors are, logic doesn't apply as neatly as you would like to believe.

HemisfairArena
03-19-2016, 11:51 PM
:lmao owned

Is that your boyfriend,,,,she picked the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl,,,,should I shove that up both your asses?

dabom
03-19-2016, 11:51 PM
Taking this back 15 years. :lmao

Chinook can't evole his basketball IQ over that time. :lmao

dabom
03-19-2016, 11:52 PM
Shook. :lmao

midnightpulp
03-19-2016, 11:52 PM
Hater does it for the laughs bro. Like you can tell he is trying to be wrong sometimes.

Mid "thinks" he is right. :lol

I am right a good 90% of the time, though.

It's cute how your antagonism is fueled by me advocating for Parker, though. That Parker hates runs pretty deep, doesn't it?

Joseph Kony
03-19-2016, 11:53 PM
Is that your boyfriend,,,,she picked the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl,,,,should I shove that up both your asses?

the fuck you talking about faggot. you got your chin nutted on. Take the L and move on. i dont even watch football :lol

dabom
03-19-2016, 11:55 PM
I am right a good 90% of the time, though.

It's cute how your antagonism is fueled by me advocating for Parker, though. That Parker hates runs pretty deep, doesn't it?

I don't hate Tony Parker. I hate shitty takes. I just bumped one of yours. :lmao

HemisfairArena
03-19-2016, 11:56 PM
What u talkin' about, princess? I'm white and have a brain,,,what color are you?

dabom
03-19-2016, 11:56 PM
Kawhi is good. Kawhi should be mvp. Kawhi 1st in RPM. LMA gud... aren't takes brah.

Tony should be designated 3rd scorer is.

Spurs need a "keven luv" player... is a take.

:lmao

midnightpulp
03-19-2016, 11:58 PM
Oh well, narrative is changing...he wasn't outplayed during the whole series...I'd like to know how it will change in the next three posts.

:cry Leab Kiwi alone :cry

So you think Kawhi should be fuckin' excused for letting himself get outplayed by a broken down scrub in 2 consecutive closeout games?

"Well, he didn't get outplayed in like the first 4 games."

We make fun of Kobe all the time for getting outplayed by Bruce Bowen in an important road playoff game. Your man-crush should be held to the same standards. He got outplayed by Matt Barnes. Deal with it, and move on. Quit acting like a rube.

Mugen
03-19-2016, 11:58 PM
:lol Props to Harlem for being able to still rile up Spurfan after a big win tbh....

midnightpulp
03-20-2016, 12:02 AM
Kawhi is good. Kawhi should be mvp. Kawhi 1st in RPM. LMA gud... aren't takes brah.

Tony should be designated 3rd scorer is.

Spurs need a "keven luv" player... is a take.

:lmao

Never said such.

And Kawhi should be the MVP is most definitely a take. I was also on board with LMA when you were following around Apa around like a lemming and parroting his criticism of LMA.

I actually don't think you ever had a take :lol You basically just cut-and-past Krew takes and punctuate them with emoticons.

It's why you're a valued poster, though. Upstairs needed its Koolaid_Man, and you fit the bill, bro :tu

100%duncan
03-20-2016, 12:04 AM
After the 30 point thrashing at GS (in which Curry dropped 37 in 28 minutes), and considering how the Spurs typically have problems with athletic, high scoring back courts (Lillard and McCollum just combined for 50), I had no reason to believe otherwise. Also, Klay really isn't the main part in that equation. Curry showed in the first matchup he's capable of scoring at a 50 ppg pace against us. He's obviously not going to average 50 over a playoff series, but he's more than capable of averaging 30-35, with Klay pitching in 20-25.

Questionable calls to end the 2nd quarter.

dabom
03-20-2016, 12:05 AM
Never said such.

And Kawhi should be the MVP is most definitely a take. I was also on board with LMA when you were following around Apa around like a lemming and parroting his criticism of LMA.

I actually don't think you ever had a take :lol You basically just cut-and-past Krew takes and punctuate them with emoticons.

It's why you're a valued poster, though. Upstairs needed its Koolaid_Man, and you fit the bill, bro :tu

You're wrong brah. Go check the history faggot. :lmao

I even said LMA would be the better fit in a Marc Gasol vs LMA thread well before we got either. :lmao

I stay winning faggot. :lmao

YGWHI
03-20-2016, 12:06 AM

So you think Kawhi should be fuckin' excused for letting himself get outplayed by a broken down scrub in 2 consecutive closeout games?

We make fun of Kobe all the time for getting outplayed by Bruce Bowen in an important road playoff game. Your man-crush should be held to the same standards. He got outplayed by Matt Barnes. Deal with it, and move on. Quit acting like a rube.

I said he had two bad games. No excuses for that.

But we can't forget how he carried the team in the rest of the games and then say he was outplayed by a guy during the series because that wasn't true.

Chinook
03-20-2016, 12:07 AM
No other elite defense, Spurs included, has affected them this season.

Curry's be held under 40 percent shooting 10 times this season (11 including tonight). Thompson 16 times (17 including tonight). You REALLY need to get it out of your head that they go crazy every game.

Last season is last season. It has no bearing on the present, and at present, Curry and sometimes Klay, have looked out of this world.

The first game is in the past and had no bearing after it happened. It was simply a lack of any analysis to assume that was going to carry over. Are you scared of DeRozan too?

Of course, but that was a different kind of blowout.

It really wasn't. No one ever looks good in a blowout. It's never going to be a typical statistical game for a great team that gets shellacked.

Chinook: Kobe and Shaq only average about 56ppg combined, and the Lakers are 56-26 have looked unimpressive all year (see their 3.74 srs compared to our 7.92). We're the best defense in the league, so "logically," Shaq and Kobe should be held below their season averages. You should stop expecting that.

What happened? Shaq and Kobe averaged 60.3 ppg against the Spurs in the WCF. And it was in relatively limited minutes (by playoff standards) since all those games were blowouts.

Lol at the past only mattering when you say it should matter. Lakers stars gained 3.1 ppg, so the Warriors gaining 8-18 just makes sense. That's also ignoring that the Spurs defense now is great because it has multiple elite defenders rather than depending on one who also had to check the best offensive player ever. Love the superficial analysis.

And yes, simplifying down to PPG isn't the best analysis (as I admitted in that thread), but I will still maintain that the odds are in Curry/Klay's favor to outscore our two big guns by 10-15 points over a series.

That's an irrelevant factor by itself. If the Spurs focus their defense on keeping the role-players from going off, it simply doesn't matter if Curry and Thompson outscore Leonard and LMA. This isn't fantasy baskeball.

When dealing with historical anomalies, such as those '01 Lakers were and these Warriors are, logic doesn't apply as neatly as you would like to believe.

Lol at thinking that justifies skin-deep analysis. The Spurs are just as much of an anomaly as GS is. You have no problem dismissing them.

midnightpulp
03-20-2016, 12:13 AM
I said he had two bad games. No excuses for that.

But we can't forget how he carried the team in the rest of the games and then say he was outplayed by a guy during the series because that wasn't true.

Nope:

A road win in a close game, Duncan was the best player:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504220LAC.html

Game 5, another close game on the road. Duncan, once again, was the best player:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504280LAC.html

I would rate game 5 as a wash between Kawhi and Duncan:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504260SAS.html

:lol Kawhi carried the Spurs.

The road is where playoff greats shine, and Kawhi was beyond underwhelming at Staples in that series, while the greatest Spur (and forever will be) was forced to step up and do it himself.

But yeah, 32 points in a 37 point win. Way to carry the load, Kiwi :tu

(and yes, I'm still fuckin' salty about the series.)

tim_duncan_fan
03-20-2016, 12:19 AM
If I were a Warriors fan, I'd be thinking "oh shit" right now.

Nah. Bogut out, Curry played like shit, 2nd night of back to back. They still were in position to break away.

If was a couple plays difference from them being up 10 at the end of the game.

Those guys can flat out play basketball and we'd better hope that our little crew of dingbats being able to play disciplined defense against them for a sustained period of time wasn't a fluke.

Usually when we play teams with more than one guy who can dribble a basketball, we freak the fuck out and lose our concentration on D.

Tonight was the first night that we looked halfway legitimate on defense against another top 4 team and the other team was missing guys and on the tail end of a back to back.

Neither the Spurs not their fans should be feeling cocky.

They need to realize that the not-taking-care-of-the-ball shit isn't going to fly and get their noses back against the fucking grindstone.

This game doesn't prove anything other than that the Warriors don't play as well when they are tired.

Kawhitstorm
03-20-2016, 12:21 AM

Spurs/Suns (2007) when it was supposed to be the Suns year after the Mavs got bounced by the Worriers. The winner of the series was EXPECTED to win it all b/c the Jazz/Worriers weren't in their league & the Leastern conference was trash that season. The long running rivalry, D'Antoni vs Pop, the "Horry Hip Check" & the later revealed Donaghy controversy added fuel to the fire.

j2T_anLcvfY

YGWHI
03-20-2016, 12:31 AM
Nope:

A road win in a close game, Duncan was the best player:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504220LAC.html

In game 2, Kawhi scored 23 points and his man Redick was 4-12. So you said Tim was the best player because he scored 5 more points when he took 7 more shots?

Game 5, another close game on the road. Duncan, once again, was the best player:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504280LAC.html

I would rate game 5 as a wash between Kawhi and Duncan:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504260SAS.html

So Kawhi played great in 2 of those 3 games. But yeah...he was outplayed by a scrub in the series

midnightpulp
03-20-2016, 12:31 AM
Curry's be held under 40 percent shooting 10 times this season (11 including tonight). Thompson 16 times (17 including tonight). You REALLY need to get it out of your head that they go crazy every game.

11 times is fuckin' nothing for a volume shooter that shoots 11 threes per game. Curry's raw FG% is not created equal, either. I bet those sub-40% efforts still had a relatively decent TS%.

The first game is in the past and had no bearing after it happened. It was simply a lack of any analysis to assume that was going to carry over. Are you scared of DeRozan too?

True. But they are the defending champions playing at a historically, best of all-time level. They've proven what they can do, and I'm not just going to glibly underestimate them because the Spurs can play some defense.

It really wasn't. No one ever looks good in a blowout. It's never going to be a typical statistical game for a great team that gets shellacked.

Post all the 120 point games+30 point losses the mid-00s or 2013-14 Spurs allowed? I'll even allow for 110-80. I'll save you the trouble. They don't exist. So yes, an elite Spurs team, perhaps the best Spurs team we've seen yet, getting beat down like that in a hyped match up is a cause of concern.

Lol at the past only mattering when you say it should matter. Lakers stars gained 3.1 ppg, so the Warriors gaining 8-18 just makes sense. That's also ignoring that the Spurs defense now is great because it has multiple elite defenders rather than depending on one who also had to check the best offensive player ever. Love the superficial analysis.

You missed the point. My point in citing that situation was that you can't always assume player performance is going to trend downward because it's in the playoffs against a great defensive team. And yes, Curry/Klay are more than capable of adding those points. They can 40mpg per in the playoffs.

That's an irrelevant factor by itself. If the Spurs focus their defense on keeping the role-players from going off, it simply doesn't matter if Curry and Thompson outscore Leonard and LMA. This isn't fantasy baskeball.

They have better role players than us.

Lol at thinking that justifies skin-deep analysis. The Spurs are just as much of an anomaly as GS is. You have no problem dismissing them.

Yes they are. I agree with Ghazi's post in the main forum that the Spurs are one of the greatest (regular) teams of all-time despite being overshadowed (or maybe this season is just really weak). But a bigger anomaly exists, unfortunately.

I still have hope, and believe we have a puncher's chance.

midnightpulp
03-20-2016, 12:39 AM
In game 2, Kawhi scored 23 points in that game and his man Redick was 4-12. So you said Tim was the best player because he scored 5 more points when he took 7 more shots?

Wow, are you ever the fanboy. Duncan shot a higher percentage. Had more rebounds. More assists. Even more steals. But Kawhi held Redick to 4-12 (you forgot to mention Redick's 16 points, so Redick's TS% was actually good), so we'll give him the nod.

And I think scoring 28 on DeAndre is a lot more impressive than scoring on Matt Barnes.

So Kawhi played great in 2 of those 3 games. But yeah...he was outplayed by a scrub in the series

If you get outplayed by a scrub in the 2 most important games of the series, yeah, we can essentially say you got outplayed for the series. Kawhi was fuckin' terrible per the expectations we had of him going into that series. No way should Matt Barnes be outscoring you in a game 7.

james evans
03-20-2016, 12:42 AM
What I don't understand is how they get so many easy layups and wide open 3 point attempts.

Spurs rarely ever had an easy layup.
defenders ball watching. I HATE THAT SHIT!!! when the ball if moving, someone , either Leonard, parker, ESPECIALLY DIAW, or green is ball watching and their man eases away from them and lines up at the 3 point line. Shit pisses me off. Every other play it seems as if we were giving up an open 3 in the 2nd half.

TheGreatYacht
03-20-2016, 12:45 AM

Kiwi is the reason Matty Barnes is still in the league. Bad sign that he's still clanking crunch time free throws too...

TheGreatYacht
03-20-2016, 12:46 AM
Mid checking bottom tier posters per par

dabom
03-20-2016, 12:47 AM
Kiwi is the reason Matty Barnes is still in the league. Bad sign that he's still clanking crunch time free throws too...

Just like in 2013. It was a tony Porker brick rebound. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
03-20-2016, 12:49 AM
Just like in 2013. It was a tony Porker brick rebound. :lmao
Tony wasn't anywhere near that rebound. Rodman couldn't have rebounded that Kiwi brick

dweaver99027
03-20-2016, 12:52 AM
Great win, fantastic D, statement game, you name it. But every Spurs fan here who knows his basketball and has watched more than 5-10 full Warriors games this year knows that Spurs have to be at least 25 - 35 % better than they were today (on average) to take 4 out of 7 against them. Just the facts. Can the Spurs do it? Yes , they can. But if this is the average performance the Spurs put up in a WCF series, it's not enough. Would be enough to beat the Thunder, Clips or Cavs in 5, but not the Warriors, unless they themselves have an underwhelming showing.

YGWHI
03-20-2016, 12:53 AM
Because defending Jordan is the same to keep Reddick shooting under 34 FG%

we can essentially say you got outplayed for the series.

You. I put it in perspective.

Chinook
11 times is fuckin' nothing for a volume shooter that shoots 11 threes per game. Curry's raw FG% is not created equal, either. I bet those sub-40% efforts still had a relatively decent TS%.

Four of them do. The other seven don't. But that's not the point. You're the one saying no one's given Curry issues this year until this game. That's not true. He's been unbelievable this season, but he hasn't been immortal by any means.

They've proven what they can do

And so have the Spurs. There's no reason to assume the Spurs were somehow not a real defensive threat when they've been historically great all year.

Post all the 120 point games+30 point losses the mid-00s or 2013-14 Spurs allowed? I'll even allow for 110-80. I'll save you the trouble. They don't exist. So yes, an elite Spurs team, perhaps the best Spurs team we've seen yet, getting beat down like that in a hyped match up is a cause of concern.

It's not, especially when Pop pulled the plug so early. It's only concerning to chicken-little fans who think those things matter. Were you not giving the Spurs a chance in the 2014 WCF because the Spurs were swept by OKC that regular season?

You missed the point. My point in citing that situation was that you can't always assume player performance is going to trend downward because it's in the playoffs against a great defensive team. And yes, Curry/Klay are more than capable of adding those points. They can 40mpg per in the playoffs.

There's a difference between allowing a possibility and assuming. Your example as hypocritical as it was for you to bring it up, still doesn't explain why you think the SB are going to be THAT much better, especially looking at the rosters.

They have better role players than us.

They really don't. God, you really think the Warriors are the head-and-shoulders better team, don't you?

But a bigger anomaly exists, unfortunately.

Not really. I recommend that you go back and watch that first GS game. If you think that is somehow more indicative of a series than tonight was, I don't know what to tell you. I've never seen the Spurs try to little schematically than they did that game. The Warriors are the ones who need to make the adjustment now. The Spurs kicked the shit out of the Warriors' best lineup. That is the biggest takeaway from the first two games. If GS has to stay big to match up with SA, they are not the favorites.

dabom
Tony wasn't anywhere near that rebound. Rodman couldn't have rebounded that Kiwi brick

Kawhi rebounded a Porker brick and got himself 2 free throws. :lmao

He actually got us 1 extra point we shouldn't have had if it wasn't for him. :lmao

TheDoctor
03-20-2016, 12:55 AM

It goes both ways my friend.

TheGreatYacht
03-20-2016, 12:56 AM
Kawhi rebounded a Porker brick and got himself 2 free throws. :lmao

He actually got us 1 extra point we shouldn't have had if it wasn't for him. :lmao
MVParker gave us that lead, Kiwi gave away that lead.

dabom
Four of them do. The other seven don't. But that's not the point. You're the one saying no one's given Curry issues this year until this game. That's not true. He's been unbelievable this season, but he hasn't been immortal by any means.

And so have the Spurs. There's no reason to assume the Spurs were somehow not a real defensive threat when they've been historically great all year.

It's not, especially when Pop pulled the plug so early. It's only concerning to chicken-little fans who think those things matter. Were you not giving the Spurs a chance in the 2014 WCF because the Spurs were swept by OKC that regular season?

There's a difference between allowing a possibility and assuming. Your example as hypocritical as it was for you to bring it up, still doesn't explain why you think the SB are going to be THAT much better, especially looking at the rosters.

They really don't. God, you really think the Warriors are the head-and-shoulders better team, don't you?

Not really. I recommend that you go back and watch that first GS game. If you think that is somehow more indicative of a series than tonight was, I don't know what to tell you. I've never seen the Spurs try to little schematically than they did that game. The Warriors are the ones who need to make the adjustment now. The Spurs kicked the shit out of the Warriors' best lineup. That is the biggest takeaway from the first two games. If GS has to stay big to match up with SA, they are not the favorites.

http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/4130395.phtml

Some cucks actually think that. :lol

Dro210
Some of the Warrior dick sucking here is disgusting

I'm happy that in a few months, when we're all celebrating 6, that it'll be that much sweeter for me knowing I never had that gimmicky Gay Area dick in my mouth.

midnightpulp
Because defending Jordan is the same to keep Reddick shooting under 34 FG%

You. I put it in perspective.

JJ has .574 TS for the series. And he was actually efficient in that game you cited despite the poor raw FG%.

Try again.

Yes, perspective. The 3 good games Kawhi had doesn't absolve getting outplayed by Matt Barnes in two back to back close out games. He had a poor series, and only a raging fanboy (such as yourself) would believe otherwise.

dabom
03-20-2016, 12:57 AM
Some of the Warrior dick sucking here is disgusting

I'm happy that in a few months, when we're all celebrating 6, that it'll be that much sweeter for me knowing I never had that gimmicky Gay Area dick in my mouth.

Kawhitstorm
03-20-2016, 01:00 AM
Just like against the Cavs. It was a tony Porker brick rebound. :lmao

FIFY :lol

Kawhitstorm
03-20-2016, 01:02 AM
MVParker gave us that lead, Kiwi gave away that lead.

MVPorker got outscored by Mario Chalmers in the championship rd (aka series clinchers).:lmao

midnightpulp
03-20-2016, 01:06 AM

I only care about what a team like Golden State does against elite teams. He destroyed the Cavs in Cleveland, and slapped us around in the last matchup. That said, this game is encouraging, so we'll see if was a fluke or the Spurs can really give him trouble (as they have throughout his career).

See above. We'll see how they build on this game.

These Warriors aren't those Thunder. And I always give the Spurs a chance. Just how much of a chance is the question.

LMA's relatively poor playoff history concerns me. As does Kawhi's overall offensive style. Those two aren't explosive scorers, traditionally speaking.

I counted Draymond among the "role players." He's, metrically, one of the best players in the league. Bogut is basically a clone of Timmy at this point (both have similar defensive impact). Iggy is a Finals MVP winner. And Harrison Barnes is a consistent threat to score 15-20 points. If Parker finds his stroke again, Danny gets out of his slump, and Manu finds the fountain, then the role player advantage might swing back in our favor.

Keep handwaving away. I hope you're right, but see the Spurs as overmatched here. Puncher's chance. That's it.

dabom
03-20-2016, 01:06 AM

I don't think it was a porker brick after all. My point still stands. Porker missed this one. :lol

Kawhitstorm
03-20-2016, 01:09 AM
I don't think it was a porker brick after all. My point still stands. Porker missed this one. :lol

0:07.0

107-110

T. Parker (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html) misses 2-pt shot from 18 ft

0:06.0

107-110

Offensive rebound by K. Leonard (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01.html)

YGWHI
03-20-2016, 01:13 AM
Yes, perspective.

Yes, perspective.

The 3 good games Kawhi had

Stop trollling. In game 4 he was 10-19 .52 FG% 3-6 3's 7 rebounds 5 asts 26 points.

dabom
03-20-2016, 01:15 AM
0:07.0

107-110

T. Parker (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html) misses 2-pt shot from 18 ft

0:06.0

107-110

Offensive rebound by K. Leonard (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01.html)

ChumpDumper
03-20-2016, 01:16 AM
lol dabom can't even enjoy a win over the Warriors.

midnightpulp
03-20-2016, 01:21 AM
Yes, perspective.

Stop trollling. In game 4 he was 10-19 .52 FG% 3-6 3's 7 rebounds 5 asts 26 points.

He wasn't good in game 1. His numbers were decent, but I remember that game, and he was a non-factor and turnover machine (-21, as well). At best, it's an "incomplete."

He had a poor series and got outplayed in the two biggest games by Matt Barnes, bro. It won't kill you to admit it. Kawhi is still a top 3 player in the league, and should (more like he fuckin' better) have a strong playoffs run (I'll forgive a poor performance against the Warriors, but he better light up Houston, Dallas, Portland and then get revenge on the Clippers or continue to bitch around Durant).

YGWHI
03-20-2016, 01:23 AM
lol dabom can't even enjoy a win over the Warriors.

And you? Where is your :flag: or Boris great game :bobo or your take about this thread?

Always criticizing other people...that's a weird way to celebrate

YGWHI
03-20-2016, 01:28 AM

He was good in game 1, especially on D. Of course Kawhi had nothing to do with Redick 4-13 10 points in that game...

ChumpDumper
03-20-2016, 01:30 AM
And you? Where is your :flag: or Boris great game :bobo or your take about this thread?

Always criticizing other people...that's a weird way to celebratelol there you go again.

SAGirl
03-20-2016, 01:31 AM
Warriors are 1-4 this season when they score fewer than 100 points.
If I remember correctly, Kerr is very aware of this. After a very low scoring first quarter, when they interviewed him the one thing I recall him mentioning is that they needed to score more.

YGWHI
03-20-2016, 01:34 AM
lol there you go again.

Your enthusiastic response makes me...:sleep

ChumpDumper
03-20-2016, 01:35 AM
Your enthusiastic response makes me...:sleeplol there you go again.

Again.

dabom
03-20-2016, 01:37 AM
I wonder if chump is ever gonna call out midfaggot...

Wildcat67
03-20-2016, 01:37 AM
Curry played like shit, 2nd night of back to back. They still were in position to break away.

Usually when we play teams with more than one guy who can dribble a basketball, we freak the fuck out and lose our concentration on D.

Tonight was the first night that we looked halfway legitimate on defense against another top 4 team.

So Curry shooting poorly was just him having a bad game, but the Spurs shooting poorly was just good defense by the Warriors.

The idiotic double standards and excuse are getting hilarious.

"We shot bad, but held them to 87"

Easily could be

"The Spurs played great defense, and used that to propel themselves to the win even though they were off on offense".

Uriel
03-20-2016, 01:47 AM
You guys can't even enjoy a game in which the Spurs shot poorly (average from 3), turned it over 17 times, sat Duncan for 40 minutes, and still won by 8 over the team with the best record in NBA history through 66 games. Pathetic.

Just quit if you can't enjoy the win for worrying about what might go wrong in the playoffs.
:bobo

Seventyniner
03-20-2016, 02:13 AM

How are offensive rebounds counted in terms of determining a team's total number of possessions? I thought a team could end up with at most a 2-possession lead due to ends of quarters.

SanDiegoSpursFan
03-20-2016, 02:17 AM
We can keep saying the Warriors don't have a bench but Livingstong had 4 steals in this game and 13 points in the last...
According to http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/16/7/diffeff/1-1 the Spurs bench has a differential of 13 and the Warriors bench has a differential of 2.7 before this last game, that is a huge step down.

HarlemHeat37
03-20-2016, 02:19 AM
According to http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/16/7/diffeff/1-1 the Spurs bench has a differential of 13 and the Warriors bench has a differential of 2.7 before this last game, that is a huge step down.

Their depth has actually been relatively poor, this season..

They have been very top-heavy and over-reliant on Curry/Green/Iggy/Thompson/Bogut, this season..Ezeli was playing great prior to his injury, too..

99 Problems
03-20-2016, 02:21 AM
:lol Had to rely on Barbosa with straight 5 to get them back in the game. They were haemorrhaging before that.

SAGirl
03-20-2016, 02:26 AM

I think comparative lack of production from the bench was a factor.

We need Manu to be better than he's been lately. Hopefully he still has time to play with more confidence and get back to playoff form I hope. Without him at 100% we are in trouble bc:
Patty is a small jumpshooter, he has a crazy quick release but can be shut down if played close by lengthy defenders. He's also streaky. Anderson is a youngster, ppl are right he might not be ready for this but he's not going to be ready until he's put in a position to do stuff and he might need to do more of that stuff next season. As long as he's giving you defensive execution Pop will have to evaluate if he'd go with him or Martin.
Martin I am unsure on bc he joined the team late and we have won many games with Anderson in a small role and just a few with Martin and Martin hasn't exactly been lighting it up prior to this game and to be fair to him, he joined us late. I am hoping he comes through for us, but I am unsure on him and maybe Pop is too.

Boris showed up. I'd expect West to show up too and it was a bit perplexing that he didn't play much in this one, but defense is what is going to get it done here and as we saw Pop will stay strict with matchups.

Bottom line, If Manu doesn't show up in the postseason we are in trouble. The bench still depends on him.

Kawhitstorm
03-20-2016, 02:27 AM

Diaw starting, West not playing much & Patty being in early foul trouble screwed up the bench production.

Uriel
03-20-2016, 02:31 AM
People keep saying this, but GS' starting lineup tonight has the best net rating in the league. The Spurs pretty much matched up and showed them that the lineup isn't going to work. Bogut may have stopped Aldridge, but the Warriors playing big means the Spurs can play their best lineup while the Warriors refrain from using theirs. That's a Spurs victory in the long run.
Actually, GS's "death lineup" with the +50 net rating features Andre Iguodala, not Brandon Rush.

Chinook
03-20-2016, 06:48 AM
I only care about what a team like Golden State does against elite teams.

No, you just keep backpedaling in hopes of finding some defensible position. Worst defensive teams have given Curry problems this year. The only reason why you didn't think that was the case is because you didn't look. Superficial analysis.

We'll see how they build on this game.

The Spurs don't have to build on anything. This was Pop trying an extremely simple game-plan (just posting on offense and switching on defense). As Danny said, they tried something else in the first game. It didn't work. They tried something else, and it did. The Spurs played at about 80 percent of their capability and won. The Warriors don't have an answer for the fact that SA matches up extremely well with them.

These Warriors aren't those Thunder. And I always give the Spurs a chance. Just how much of a chance is the question.

They're not because you say they're not. They're different because they are the du jour skyfall you can freak out about. Were you one of the people who predicted Memphis would win the WCF in 2013?

I counted Draymond among the "role players." He's, metrically, one of the best players in the league. Bogut is basically a clone of Timmy at this point (both have similar defensive impact). Iggy is a Finals MVP winner. And Harrison Barnes is a consistent threat to score 15-20 points. If Parker finds his stroke again, Danny gets out of his slump, and Manu finds the fountain, then the role player advantage might swing back in our favor.

You can count mentally weak Draymond if you want, but that's pretty much it as far as the Spurs being behind. Green>>>Diaw on an average night. Danny>Iggy, especially in terms of upside. Duncan is > Bogut in terms of upside as well as being able to take advantage of being the other seven-footer on the team. If the Warriors have to play big, Tim will more than prove his worth. Livingston is normally better than Manu nowadays, but he's not nearly as versatile. If he has to play the two, most of Shaun's worth is negated. West > Speights, even though Mo is on a tear right now. Parker is better than Barbosa.

The main difference between the Spurs and Warriors in terms of rosters is that the Spurs have role-players who are mostly HoFers or HoVGers. That allows for ridiculous upside in the playoffs, because any one of them can go for 25 points on any given night completely independent of the Warriors' defense. Those nights are MUCH more likely to happen during the playoffs. GS' bench won the battle of the second units last night. It's the only reason why things were close. It's not something people should count on happening every game.

Keep handwaving away.

Yeah, that's just your admission that you don't plan on actually rewatching the first game to see why your concerns were invalid. Are you just running off that box score at this point?

Harry Callahan
03-20-2016, 08:10 AM
DMC, have you seen the Warriors play without Curry? You don't even have to take Klay away, they're probably going to fight for a playoff spot.

Well they did a nice job against the Mavericks a few weeks ago. SMH.

UZER
03-20-2016, 08:17 AM
I think comparative lack of production from the bench was a factor.

We need Manu to be better than he's been lately. Hopefully he still has time to play with more confidence and get back to playoff form I hope. Without him at 100% we are in trouble bc:
Patty is a small jumpshooter, he has a crazy quick release but can be shut down if played close by lengthy defenders. He's also streaky. Anderson is a youngster, ppl are right he might not be ready for this but he's not going to be ready until he's put in a position to do stuff and he might need to do more of that stuff next season. As long as he's giving you defensive execution Pop will have to evaluate if he'd go with him or Martin.
Martin I am unsure on bc he joined the team late and we have won many games with Anderson in a small role and just a few with Martin and Martin hasn't exactly been lighting it up prior to this game and to be fair to him, he joined us late. I am hoping he comes through for us, but I am unsure on him and maybe Pop is too.

Boris showed up. I'd expect West to show up too and it was a bit perplexing that he didn't play much in this one, but defense is what is going to get it done here and as we saw Pop will stay strict with matchups.

Bottom line, If Manu doesn't show up in the postseason we are in trouble. The bench still depends on him.

We're in trouble with him if he doesn't stop forcing those dumb pnr passes. The margin for error is razor thin against the warriors. He cannot give possessions away in the playoffs. I know he did some good things tonight, but dammit those unforced passes. I know he's our best pnr passes, but if he would just stop forcing the ones the warriors are clearly sagging off of and anticipating.

SouthernFried
03-20-2016, 08:18 AM
Terrifying? Seriously? lol

Spurs were very out of rhythm offensively, especially in the first half. We can play a LOT better. So can the Warriors. It was like pulling teeth in the first half trying to get offense going. Which is not unusual for us...but, helped that the Warriors had similar issues. Yeah, good D helped with that. But, both teams looked really nervous.

midnightpulp
03-20-2016, 08:40 AM
No, you just keep backpedaling in hopes of finding some defensible position. Worst defensive teams have given Curry problems this year. The only reason why you didn't think that was the case is because you didn't look. Superficial analysis.

No I'm not. A bad Curry game is such a rare event, that when he does have one, it likely has more to do with him just having a bad night than with anything special the opposing defense is doing. And let's take at his "bad games." (I'm leaving out the 2-6 at DEN).

22 points on 7-18 shooting. Not a good nor a bad one.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201511090GSW.html

Scored 38 on a raw 33% FG. Thing is, he got to the line and made 6 threes, so his TS% wound being a very good .573.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201512110BOS.html

Another sub 40% effort, but he only took 11 shots. Means nothing.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201601270GSW.html

Indeed, this was a bad game, but it was in blowout win against the Knicks. I can't read anything into it.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201601310NYK.html

Bad shooting night against OKC. But in the next game against them, he dropped 46. So OKC didn't "figure" anything out.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201602060GSW.html

Terrible game against the Lakers. But that weekend was Draymond's birthday, and they were in LA. Curry was also laughing on the bench during the 4th. I doubt anyone on the Warriors took that game seriously.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201603060LAL.html

5-15, but still got to the line and scored 23 points on a good overall TS:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201602200LAC.html

4-12 in a blowout win vs. Utah. Yeah, means nothing.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201603090GSW.html

The only truly bad game Curry had was against us, and I hope it was a result of something on our end rather than him just fatigued on the night of a back-to-back or having an off night. It's probably a little bit of both, but I'm going to error on the side of caution and not get too excited that we found some chink in his armor.

The Spurs don't have to build on anything. This was Pop trying an extremely simple game-plan (just posting on offense and switching on defense). As Danny said, they tried something else in the first game. It didn't work. They tried something else, and it did. The Spurs played at about 80 percent of their capability and won. The Warriors don't have an answer for the fact that SA matches up extremely well with them.

My standards for "working" are bit a higher than yours, and I'm sure the Spurs' are as well. They shutdown Curry and Klay. They held the Warriors to 79 points. (And let's not forget to mention that the Warriors were missing 3 rotation players. But to be fair, I don't think Bogut or Ezeli makes them any better against us). And yet, the game was still in doubt up until the final minute. There's still work to be done, things to "build on" against the Warriors.

They're not because you say they're not. They're different because they are the du jour skyfall you can freak out about. Were you one of the people who predicted Memphis would win the WCF in 2013?

:lol "du jour." They are the defending champions and are 62-7. There's nothing "du jour" about the Warriors. They've earned their fear factor.

You can count mentally weak Draymond if you want, but that's pretty much it as far as the Spurs being behind. Green>>>Diaw on an average night. Danny>Iggy, especially in terms of upside. Duncan is > Bogut in terms of upside as well as being able to take advantage of being the other seven-footer on the team. If the Warriors have to play big, Tim will more than prove his worth. Livingston is normally better than Manu nowadays, but he's not nearly as versatile. If he has to play the two, most of Shaun's worth is negated. West > Speights, even though Mo is on a tear right now. Parker is better than Barbosa.

There's that hand-waving again. "Ah, Draymond is mentally weak. Non-issue." But I agree if Duncan, Manu, and Parker play up to par, our supporting cast is better, but all three of them have been very inconsistent this season, with two of the three nearing the end of their careers. I can't just automatically assume they'll perform. The Warriors bench doesn't really scare me, and I've said before that I think our bench will win the battle with theirs over a series. I also don't buy Danny>Iggy. At best, a wash. But you're a Danny fanboy, so there's no point in arguing that.

The main difference between the Spurs and Warriors in terms of rosters is that the Spurs have role-players who are mostly HoFers or HoVGers. That allows for ridiculous upside in the playoffs, because any one of them can go for 25 points on any given night completely independent of the Warriors' defense. Those nights are MUCH more likely to happen during the playoffs. GS' bench won the battle of the second units last night. It's the only reason why things were close. It's not something people should count on happening every game.

You're counting on upside, while I'm counting on what those players have done so far this season. I counted on Kawhi's "upside" against the Clippers (they had/have the weakest SF rotation in the league. I thought he was going to average 25-30 points against them), and Kawhi was outplayed by Matt Barnes. I counted on Tony not sucking, and he wound up having one of the worst playoff series in NBA history.

Yeah, that's just your admission that you don't plan on actually rewatching the first game to see why your concerns were invalid. Are you just running off that box score at this point?

Yeah, I shouldn't be concerned about the defending 62-7 champions with a player having a historically great shooting season :lol. If you think my concern of the Warriors being 30 points better than Spurs is invalid, then fair enough, since I never claimed we were overmatched to that extent, but we are, at present, an underdog against them. Again, we have a puncher's chance (80/20).

ceperez
03-20-2016, 08:41 AM
We're in trouble with him if he doesn't stop forcing those dumb pnr passes. The margin for error is razor thin against the warriors. He cannot give possessions away in the playoffs. I know he did some good things tonight, but dammit those unforced passes. I know he's our best pnr passes, but if he would just stop forcing the ones the warriors are clearly sagging off of and anticipating.

The Warriors are very good at covering the passing lanes. The absolutely know that Manu is going to pass. That was 3 turnovers for Manu.

Look at the stats, Spurs committed 16 turnovers.... they even shot less... the biggest stat was that Spurs only attempted 21 3 point attempts while GS took 36! That is nearly twice the number, if GS had shot with the same 38% percentage as the Spurs, then GS would have won. They just missed the ball, but Spurs can't win by not taking those 3 point attempts.

BillMc
03-20-2016, 08:49 AM

This

DJR210
03-20-2016, 08:59 AM

I agree with Van Gundy calling out Kawhi for being Mr. Nice Guy with refs on bad calls too

Spurs9
03-20-2016, 09:02 AM
Don't think they will break the Bulls record tbh. They still have to face:
Clippers
Mavs
Jazz
Celtics
Portland
Spurs
Memphis
Spurs
Memphis

Let off some other teams I think they would beat, (Twolves)

Chinook
03-20-2016, 09:11 AM
No I'm not.

Yeah, you really are, and it's getting pretty sad at this point. You went from:

No other elite defense, Spurs included, has affected them this season. What evidence should I have went on? Last season is last season. It has no bearing on the present, and at present, Curry and sometimes Klay, have looked out of this world.

To

To

I only care about what a team like Golden State does against elite teams.

In consecutive posts. You need to own up to the fact that you're on skates and just want to figure out a way to hold onto your chicken-little opinion. The whole, "Curry had bad games but not REALLY bad games" argument you're making is silly. Even if I concede that Curry going under 1ppp doesn't mean he's having a bad game, the Spurs don't need him to be any worse to beat the Warriors. You're trying to argue that he's never been affected, but going from superstar to slightly below-average is totally being affected. Just. Own. Up.

My standards for "working" are bit a higher than yours, and I'm sure the Spurs' are as well. They shutdown Curry and Klay. They held the Warriors to 79 points. (And let's not forget to mention that the Warriors were missing 3 rotation players. But to be fair, I don't think Bogut or Ezeli makes them any better against us). And yet, the game was still in doubt up until the final minute. There's still work to be done, things to "build on" against the Warriors.

I guess the Spurs can build on things against other teams, too. They haven't be perfect all season. No reason to mention it if you have such a low bar.

There's that hand-waving again.

Lol at you arguing that GS is better but considering the counter-argument hand-waving.

I also don't buy Danny>Iggy.

Of course you don't. You have to protect that "Green isn't talented" stance.

You're counting on upside, while I'm counting on what those players have done so far this season.

I counted on Kawhi's "upside" against the Clippers

Stop being a fucking hypocrite. Is this season all that matters or not?

Yeah, I shouldn't be concerned about the defending 62-7 champions with a player having a historically great shooting season :lol.

That's just your reaffirmation that you don't plan on watching the first game and actually analyzing it. You're pretty much basing your argument on box scores and standings. It's ludicrous.

cjw
03-20-2016, 09:12 AM
Don't think they will break the Bulls record tbh. They still have to face:
Clippers
Mavs
Jazz
Celtics
Portland
Spurs
Memphis
Spurs
Memphis

Let off some other teams I think they would beat, (Twolves)

Memphis will likely have clinched a playoff spot by then, and will be doing everything in its power not to have more people get hurt down the stretch. Some D league lineups will get trotted out in those two games.

Spurs9
03-20-2016, 09:15 AM
Memphis will likely have clinched a playoff spot by then, and will be doing everything in its power not to have more people get hurt down the stretch. Some D league lineups will get trotted out in those two games.
Dallas and Jazz on the fringes of the playoffs too, I could see them playing them hard. Some teams may try to emulate what the Spurs did last night against Curry with the defense tbh. I could see them dropping a few games.

T Park
03-20-2016, 09:55 AM
Actually, GS's "death lineup" with the +50 net rating features Andre Iguodala, not Brandon Rush.

Cool, he can't guard Diaw in the post either.

UZER
03-20-2016, 10:00 AM
More like warriorefs are terrifying. If Kawhi isn't allowed to post up Curry or shadow him on a pnr, what the hell are you supposed to do. But they played through it and that's what to have to do, make the refs adjusts to your aggressiveness.

hater
03-20-2016, 10:01 AM
Fuck you.

There. Too many long posts in here.

Faggot

dbestpro
03-20-2016, 10:07 AM
When we played Kobe in his prime, Pop preferred to let him go off rather than his teammates. This was because Kobe could do a lot off the ball that he never got credit. Curry is one dimensional. Take him away from the three point shot, and he does nothing to make his teammates better. if he comes inside he needs to be fouled hard,to take advantage of his fragile nature. Retired vets have been screaming for teams to do this, and now maybe finally some of these other coaches will take notice.

sexinthatsx
03-20-2016, 11:19 AM
:lol everybody in here giving Spurs less credit for rewatching tape and studying the Warriors better than any of us amateurs can. Spurs will be fine. Don't worry.

peacemaker885
03-20-2016, 11:32 AM
It will be difficult to win without home court. Listening to Bottom Line on Sirius and basically they said that we played 1996 defense and the ref's allowed it. They said its basically how Jordan and Pippen got Magic and others out of the game - by being really physical. I honestly think that Adam Silver had some sort of hand in just letting Spurs play defense but I don't think he will allow it all the time, especially in Oracle arena.

ChumpDumper
03-20-2016, 11:34 AM
I wonder if chump is ever gonna call out midfaggot...Rent free.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-20-2016, 11:42 AM
tl;dr what did everyone think about Diaw starting

ElNono
03-20-2016, 11:42 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cd9eRIbVAAAp_r-.jpg:large

InRareForm
03-20-2016, 12:07 PM
No one is ever happy lol.

midnightpulp
03-20-2016, 12:19 PM

We're just talking past each other at this point. So I'm going to boil down and clarify my argument:

My basic premise is that Spurs will be big underdogs against Golden State. My reasoning is:

- Their top 2 scores are more explosive and consistent than our top scorers. My evidence to support this fact is the very easily attainable season statistics that you should have little trouble finding (i.e., comparing Klay/Curry and LMA/Kawhi's relative PPP100).

The evidence is in my favor here. Not yours.

- No team has proven they can stop Curry and the Warriors offense consistently enough in order to win a playoff series against them. And lol at citing the 11 times Curry was "stopped" (and you conveniently leave out the context of those performances. "Holding" Curry to 12 points on 12 shots in a 30 point loss isn't necessarily stopping him).

The evidence is, once again, in my favor. Now, if the Spurs are able to limit Curry 2 more times heading into the post-season, I'll change my opinion.

- Last night's win was only a small confidence builder. They're missing a key rotation player in Iggy who's a good matchup against the Spurs. They were on a back-to-back (although I think the back-to-back excuse is pretty weak, since it's been shown teams don't really perform all that worse).The Spurs decimated the Warriors 2 big guns, and yet, it was a one possession game late. This game doesn't quell any of my fears, and I doubt Pop and Co. are resting easy either.

- Their role players/bench are more consistent, younger, and arguably better overall. That being said, it's close to a wash, but close to a wash isn't good enough. I feel our role players will have to beat theirs by a good margin to offset the advantage Curry/Klay will have over LMA/Kawhi. But again, if Duncan, Manu, and Parker play up to par, the whole dynamic changes. I won't claim the evidence is in my favor, but Tim and Manu's ages and mileage worry me, along with Parker's inconsistency. On the flip side, I don't trust Leandro Barbosa, Speights, and Livingston to have a big series against us.

All of that boils down to me believing we about a 4-1 shot in potential matchup. That isn't a "chicken little" opinion, it's a non-homer one.

But we can cut through the bullshit and put our money where our mouths are. If you're so confident in the Spurs, bet me 100.00 straight up that the Spurs will take the series (caveat: Both teams' top 5 players have to be healthy. I'll even concede Bogut, who's always an injury risk). This is where you say, "I don't bet online."

spursistan
03-20-2016, 12:21 PM

Chinook
03-20-2016, 12:57 PM
We're just talking past each other at this point.

Nah. you've just been completely driven off your ground and are still trying to claim you had a legitimate argument.

- Their top 2 scores are more explosive and consistent than our top scorers. My evidence to support this fact is the very easily attainable season statistics that you should have little trouble finding (i.e., comparing Klay/Curry and LMA/Kawhi's relative PPP100).

No one's ever argued that. It's not evidence of anything by itself. You need the "the top two scorers scoring more points is critical to a team winning" premise to connect them. That is the actual point of contention, and unless you're willing to go that far, your "evidence" means nothing.

- No team has proven they can stop Curry and the Warriors offense consistently enough in order to win a playoff series against them. And lol at citing the 11 times Curry was "stopped" (and you conveniently leave out the context of those performances. "Holding" Curry to 12 points on 12 shots in a 30 point loss isn't necessarily stopping him).

No team's proven they can stop the Spurs either, jackass. SA did just blitzkrieg the shit out of the SB, though. You can say what you want about the role-players, but when you base your ENTIRE FUCKING ARGUMENT around PPG for those guys, them clearly being reduced to negatives is a big freaking deal.

The evidence is, once again, in my favor. Now, if the Spurs are able to limit Curry 2 more times heading into the post-season, I'll change my opinion.

No one cares about your opinion or mine. But no, the Spurs have been historically good against Curry, including the most recent game. You cherry-picking one game isn't a sign or anything other than a man desperately wanting to be right.

- Last night's win was only a small confidence builder. They're missing a key rotation player in Iggy who's a good matchup against the Spurs. They were on a back-to-back (although I think the back-to-back excuse is pretty weak, since it's been shown teams don't really perform all that worse).The Spurs decimated the Warriors 2 big guns, and yet, it was a one possession game late. This game doesn't quell any of my fears, and I doubt Pop and Co. are resting easy either.

Um, no. Last night was a better victory than a blowout would have been. Again, teams get blown out all the time. It's not a big deal. In fact, GS has been blown out in five of their seven losses this season. Kerr would have just burned the tape and moved on. This was a game the Warriors wanted and couldn't get. They weren't able to close, even when having the lead in the fourth. Don't let the post-game comments fool you: This was the Warriors' worst loss of the year. Only people like you think GS will just blow out SA in four games. The Spurs getting a tight 50-50 game is much more informative.

- Their role players/bench are more consistent, younger, and arguably better overall. That being said, it's close to a wash, but close to a wash isn't good enough. I feel our role players will have to beat theirs by a good margin to offset the advantage Curry/Klay will have over LMA/Kawhi. But again, if Duncan, Manu, and Parker play up to par, the whole dynamic changes. I won't claim the evidence is in my favor, but Tim and Manu's ages and mileage worry me, along with Parker's inconsistency. On the flip side, I don't trust Leandro Barbosa, Speights, and Livingston to have a big series against us.

I don't have a ton of issues with this except for your continued assumptions that the Spurs' defense is essentially irrelevant in this series.

That isn't a "chicken little" opinion, it's a non-homer one.

This is what EVERY chicken-little person says. That's what timvp said about Memphis 2013. It's what a lot of people said about OKC in 2014. Giving box-score and 2K analysis doesn't somehow make your opinion objective and more sound.

If you're so confident in the Spurs, bet me 100.00 straight up that the Spurs will take the series (caveat: Both teams' top 5 players have to be healthy. I'll even concede Bogut, who's always an injury risk).

Nope. Not betting that the Spurs beat Houston in a series either.

"I don't bet online."

I don't be on what other people do. And I think you're desperately trying to save face after you've had so many threads go bad on you recently (including some where I've been on your side).

skulls138
03-20-2016, 01:09 PM
Winning begets winning, the score doesnt necessarily matter. What it was, was a confidence booster, that we can win, no more. What I loved about the game is that there was always a feeling that the score was too close and that all it would take is the Warriors to get a smidgen of confidence and it would rain threes and be all over. But we buckled the fuck down and weathered, what seemed like GS gaining momentum and we won.

Robz4000
03-20-2016, 01:28 PM
We're just talking past each other at this point. So I'm going to boil down and clarify my argument:

My basic premise is that Spurs will be big underdogs against Golden State. My reasoning is:

The evidence is in my favor here. Not yours.

All of that boils down to me believing we about a 4-1 shot in potential matchup. That isn't a "chicken little" opinion, it's a non-homer one.

But we can cut through the bullshit and put our money where our mouths are. If you're so confident in the Spurs, bet me 100.00 straight up that the Spurs will take the series (caveat: Both teams' top 5 players have to be healthy. I'll even concede Bogut, who's always an injury risk). This is where you say, "I don't bet online."

Even when I was down on the Spurs a month ago I didn't give the Spurs that low of odds against GS tbh. 70/30 in favor of the Dubs back then, but now I think it's more 40/60. Spurs will be underdogs but it'll be far from the worst odds they've faced.

midnightpulp
03-20-2016, 01:34 PM
Nah. you've just been completely driven off your ground and are still trying to claim you had a legitimate argument.

You're the one with the shitty argument. What are you basing your "argument" off of? Where's your evidence? A 2013 series against a Mark Jackson coached team? Lol. Last season? Lol. Last night's game? Lol. The first two are history, and the last one is the smallest sample size you can work off of. My evidence is the very real fact that Klay and Curry are just flat out better scorers overall than LMA and Kawhi. Klay is probably to equal to either of team, and I'd argue Kawhi is a better scorer than Klay, but Curry shifts that balance of power to their side.

Tell me with a straight face that Kawhi and LMA are as offensively good as Curry and Klay. Yeah, yeah, defense matters, but guess what fuckin' what, the Warriors play pretty damn elite defense as well.

No one's ever argued that. It's not evidence of anything by itself. You need the "the top two scorers scoring more points is critical to a team winning" premise to connect them. That is the actual point of contention, and unless you're willing to go that far, your "evidence" means nothing.

Goddamn right it is, especially when two great scorers are complemented by worthy role players, because guess what, dipshit, when you have two guys as explosive from range as those two, it opens the entire offense because of the attention they draw and the predicaments it forces a defense into. Furthermore, in the modern NBA being deadly from range is a lot more lethal than efficient mid-range shooting and/or post play. This isn't 2005.

No team's proven they can stop the Spurs either, jackass. SA did just blitzkrieg the shit out of the SB, though. You can say what you want about the role-players, but when you base your ENTIRE FUCKING ARGUMENT around PPG for those guys, them clearly being reduced to negatives is a big freaking deal.

I don't base my argument just around PPG, and if you were intellectually honest and not a retarded homer with Danny Green's "LDN" jammed up your ass, you'd very easily see that Klay and Curry combined ARE BETTER IN PRETTY MUCH EVERY OFFENSIVE METRIC KNOWN TO MAN than LMA and Kawhi. And considering the role players of both clubs are essentially equal, that will be a big obstacle to overcome. Westbrook and Durant are also superior to LMA and Kawhi offensively, but it doesn't matter since OKC's role players are mediocre.

No one cares about your opinion or mine. But no, the Spurs have been historically good against Curry, including the most recent game. You cherry-picking one game isn't a sign or anything other than a man desperately wanting to be right.

No. I'm "cherry picking" the entire fuckin' season in which Curry has been playing at a historically great level. To expect any defense to contain him over a series is naive. It could happen, but I'm not betting on it.

Um, no. Last night was a better victory than a blowout would have been. Again, teams get blown out all the time. It's not a big deal. In fact, GS has been blown out in five of their seven losses this season. Kerr would have just burned the tape and moved on. This was a game the Warriors wanted and couldn't get. They weren't able to close, even when having the lead in the fourth. Don't let the post-game comments fool you: This was the Warriors' worst loss of the year. Only people like you think GS will just blow out SA in four games. The Spurs getting a tight 50-50 game is much more informative.

Yeah, "informative" despite the fact they were missing the lynchpin of their most dangerous lineup and the most recent Finals MVP winner. Just handwave Iguodala's absence away as if it were irrelevant.

I don't have a ton of issues with this except for your continued assumptions that the Spurs' defense is essentially irrelevant in this series.

Of course it's not irrelevant, I just don't believe it's good enough relative the Spurs offense to win a series against a healthy Golden State.

This is what EVERY chicken-little person says. That's what timvp said about Memphis 2013. It's what a lot of people said about OKC in 2014. Giving box-score and 2K analysis doesn't somehow make your opinion objective and more sound.

So only people who are fucktarded homers are not "chicken littles?" Got it :tu

:lol Naturally. It's always what people who really don't believe in their opinions say. "I-I don't bet :cry."

Then let's do a forum bet. If the (healthy) Spurs don't win the series against a relatively healthy Golden State (Bogut can be out), I chose your sig, which you have to keep for a year. And vice versa.

I don't be on what other people do. And I think you're desperately trying to save face after you've had so many threads go bad on you recently (including some where I've been on your side).

Like what? Almost everyone agrees Parker being a threat takes this team to another level. Whether he's capable or not of being that threat remains to be seen. My position was advocating for him being a key cog in the machine and not relegated to a Derek Fisher role in favor of playing Patty House more minutes. I'll stick by that. Patty House superceding Parker isn't best for the team dynamic. The retard Krew advocates for Patty because they have the dumbass perception that Kawhi gets more touches with him on the floor. Never mind the fact Patty has tunnel vision exponentially worse than Parker and hasn't finished a layup in two years.

midnightpulp
03-20-2016, 01:36 PM
Even when I was down on the Spurs a month ago I didn't give the Spurs that low of odds against GS tbh. 70/30 in favor of the Dubs back then, but now I think it's more 40/60. Spurs will be underdogs but it'll be far from the worst odds they've faced.

I can't read too much into last night's game since Iggy didn't play (I don't care about Bogut and Ezeli). He's as important to them as Manu is to the Spurs.

ElNono
03-20-2016, 01:37 PM

It might just not be enough though. That's entirely plausible due to a number of factors:

1) Warriors are a top 5 defensive team themselves.
2) The whistle can largely dictate how much D you can really play, especially on the road. HCA might be enough of a difference.
3) They're much more of a "complete" product than the Spurs at this point.

I still think Kerr would rather play any other team than the Spurs in a playoff series, but that doesn't mean there's fear or anything like that. If we were to play a series against them right now, I would think they would still be favored.

hater
03-20-2016, 01:39 PM
I can't read too much into last night's game since Iggy didn't play (I don't care about Bogut and Ezeli). He's as important to them as Manu is to the Spurs.

So Iggu is irrelevant then??

midnightpulp
03-20-2016, 01:39 PM
So Iggu is irrelevant then??

Robz4000
03-20-2016, 02:00 PM

Even considering his absence, it doesn't take away from the fact the Spurs' overall gameplan was a great success, Green can still guard Curry better than anyone in the league, Diaw really is coasting, and Parker can defend Thompson (small sample size but I never saw that coming. At all.). Spurs also still have plenty of room for improvement with 13 games left to work out some kinks while the Dubs really can't get much better than what we've already seen. Like I said, Dubs are still favored, but it's closer than I'm sure a lot of us we're thinking just 24 hours ago.

dabom
03-20-2016, 02:46 PM

Chinook going hard. :lol