PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi can be more aggressive on O and Pop needs to stop treating him like a 50 y/o

ElNono
03-19-2016, 10:48 PM
I thought Kawhi was too tentative out there. He did work hard on defense, and tried to crash the boards on O, but I just think he needs to be more aggressive if we're going to really make some noise in the playoffs, and especially against this team. Overrate system player Raymond Green can't really guard him. He needs to be more assertive, tbh...

Also, I still don't get why Pop still treats him like a 50 y/o... The Dubs started the 4th with Wardell and Raymond out there, and Kawhi watching from the bench. You can play him 40-42 mins on specific games, Pop. He's young, we have a day off before the next game. Hopefully this is something that changes when the playoffs roll around.

YGWHI
03-19-2016, 10:50 PM
Player fan.

TrainOfThought5
this wasnt the playoffs.

dabom
Pop called a time out and kept shitter in game 6 2014 fourth quarter. Lose a 10 point lead. :lmao

Slomo
03-19-2016, 10:51 PM
I thought Kawhi was too tentative out there. He did work hard on defense, and tried to crash the boards on O, but I just think he needs to be more aggressive if we're going to really make some noise in the playoffs, and especially against this team. Overrate system player Raymond Green can't really guard him. He needs to be more assertive, tbh...

Also, I still don't get why Pop still treats him like a 50 y/o... The Dubs started the 4th with Wardell and Raymond out there, and Kawhi watching from the bench. You can play him 40-42 mins on specific games, Pop. He's young, we have a day off before the next game. Hopefully this is something that changes when the playoffs roll around.

Foul trouble. Needed him to close the 4th.

Agree on the aggressiveness.

ElNono
03-19-2016, 10:53 PM
Foul trouble. Needed him to close the 4th.

Agree on the aggressiveness.

He needs to learn to play with fouls now, tbh... I'm glad we survived that stretch, but it's playing with fire, IMO

PopTheGOAT
03-19-2016, 10:54 PM

I'm sure it will. Pop has an eye for the big picture. I have no doubt Kawhi will ball out in the playoffs

DAF86
03-19-2016, 10:55 PM
He should get the ball to finish off quarters, tbh.

Slomo
03-19-2016, 10:56 PM
He needs to learn to play with fouls now, tbh... I'm glad we survived that stretch, but it's playing with fire, IMO

Yep.

But after the two he got for breathing while on the court, I do understand the precaution.

mookie2001
03-19-2016, 10:59 PM
Agree

bklynspursfan
03-19-2016, 11:01 PM
this wasnt the playoffs.

Mel_13
03-19-2016, 11:04 PM

The warriors didn't start the 4th with Curry and Green. Green, Leonard, and Aldridge all sat for the first 3:31 of the 4th. Curry sat for the first six minutes of the 4th.

Leonard played 88 seconds less than 40 minutes.

ElNono
03-19-2016, 11:11 PM
The warriors didn't start the 4th with Curry and Green. Green, Leonard, and Aldridge all sat for the first 3:31 of the 4th. Curry sat for the first six minutes of the 4th.

Leonard played 88 seconds less than 40 minutes.

You're correct, ofcourse. I was thinking the end of the 3rd quarter.

pgardn
03-19-2016, 11:21 PM

He was clearly not comfortable off the dribble tonight.
We won with our best player having an off night offensively.

What I liked is KL has progressively started to show emotion and I think he really learned some things tonight. The Warriors were helping very well off their man and disturbing his rythym. He is communicating and pointing people to spots more often. The maturity continues, and it's really not easy for him coming out of his shell and leading through communication and not just athletic plays that no one else on our team can make.

spursistan
03-19-2016, 11:23 PM
Definitely..this is was not by any means Spurs best punch...we have another gear especially on O..