PDA

View Full Version : "We missed some shots we normally make" excuse

blizz
03-19-2016, 11:04 PM
I've heard that from a few players and coaches tonight. DUH!! That's what happens when you lose! How is that a viable excuse? I also don't like Kerr saying we missed three guys and that they played so many games in so many nights yet when he was asked he said fatigue was not a factor. Hats off to DG and TP. Their D was outstanding. I also do t care for the Bogut excuse. Duncan didn't play but 8 minutes which, BTW was a genius move by Pop. He didn't want to sit him the whole game IMO in case he needed him but he didn't. That served two purposes. Psychologically it was important for us to beat them without him after losing without him and it also hid some things that we could do with him. It was just an amazing defensive game. Again I hate the "we missed shots we normally make". That's soooo stupid. If you always made the shots you normally make you would go 82-0 such bullshit excuses.

ducks
03-19-2016, 11:05 PM
After Portland beat gs they said the same thing

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2016, 11:05 PM
Did Kerr actually mention the injuries, tbh?

PopTheGOAT
03-19-2016, 11:08 PM
Yeah he brought up every possible excuse. Said he was proud of the team's effort, typical "we were still in the game" bs. Just trying to keep his team confident so I don't blame him. Still annoying af tho

eyeh8u

yes he brought up missing 3 players in the postgame interview

ElNono

yeah, he did....

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2016, 11:09 PM
Damn, I understand the excuse(it is true), but it's very strange hearing a coach actually say it:lol

blizz
Well he mentioned that they were short handed more than once. Pop never said we were without Dunc before. Also made it a point to mention how many games they played in so many nights then said fatigue was not a factor. Wtf. Oh well f them.

Spurs 4 The Win
Golden State is a proud team, they will be arrogant until they lose 4 out of 7, lets be the ones to humble these assclowns :bobo

eyeh8u
03-19-2016, 11:10 PM
he realized he shouldn't have said it earlier and tried to use more coachspeak during the tail end of the interview

DMC
03-19-2016, 11:10 PM
Pop wouldn't ever say it. He'd call even his scrubs dogs if they didn't beat the Warriors. Don't forget Steve doesn't have Pop's clout with his organization. Steve will need to explain to his boss as well. Pop, not so much.

TheGreatYacht
03-19-2016, 11:11 PM
Worrier fans put so much stock into a game where the Spurs got blown out by 30, and then they discredit this L :lol

Lakers fans at heart with the excuses tbh..

SpurPadre
03-19-2016, 11:12 PM
Damn, I understand the excuse(it is true), but it's very strange hearing a coach actually say it:lol

Kerr is known for doing that, though.

DMC
03-19-2016, 11:12 PM
There's not a single Warrior's fan on the forum. I LOL'ed IRL when I saw all the GS jerseys in the crowd. 3 years ago you'd have to get on Amazon to find one.

BanditHiro
03-19-2016, 11:13 PM

he knows how temperamental his team is...he needs to put it in their heads that they loss because of so and so excuses.

blizz
03-19-2016, 11:14 PM
I just don't get the we missed shots we normally make. Duh. That's why you lose games. How is that an excuse?

ElNono
03-19-2016, 11:15 PM
I don't get why Spursfan is mad at that... Pop pulls the patented "we didn't make shots" all the time, tbh

-21-
03-19-2016, 11:15 PM

We're just used to Pop giving the other team credit and slamming his guys after a loss. :lol

weeks
03-19-2016, 11:16 PM
funny how that seems to happen a lot against the spurs, the team with the lowest OPPG in the league

Horse
03-19-2016, 11:19 PM
We can also play better. Timmy will shut down some of those wide open layups.

blizz
03-19-2016, 11:20 PM
I don't get why Spursfan is mad at that... Pop pulls the patented "we didn't make shots" all the time, tbh

Because we don't face the best defensive team in the league like they did. We deserve credit for them missing those shots. I don't get why you don't get that. Must not be a real spurs fan. GTFO.

ElNono
03-19-2016, 11:23 PM
Because we don't face the best defensive team in the league like they did. We deserve credit for them missing those shots. I don't get why you don't get that. Must not be a real spurs fan. GTFO.

sorry brah, professional athletes sometimes have bad shooting nights... we lost to the fucking Pelicans in one such night, and they're not defensive stalwarts...

EDIT: that's not to say the Spurs didn't defend well, but it's just as silly to say they didn't miss open looks...

tmtcsc
03-19-2016, 11:24 PM
No Bogut and Iguodala may have effected their rotations but Curry and Thompson being marginalized was bigger. Nice win tonight and a plus for their confidence. The Warriors want no part of the Spurs, I can guarantee you that. Next time the Spurs will make more shots too. It starts all over and will come down to effort on the defensive end in the playoffs.

ElNono
03-19-2016, 11:25 PM
No Bogut and Iguodala may have effected their rotations but Curry and Thompson being marginalized was bigger. Nice win tonight and a plus for their confidence. The Warriors want no part of the Spurs, I can guarantee you that. Next time the Spurs will make more shots too. It starts all over and will come down to effort on the defensive end in the playoffs.

Yeah, Spurs didn't shoot particularly well either

tmtcsc
03-19-2016, 11:31 PM
So there was no talk of all that rest Curry gets for not playing in the 4th quarter? None of that egotistical bullshit? Interesting. Fuck them and their cocky-ass attitudes. Take your L, go home and lick your wounds. See you in the playoffs. The last two meetings this season mean nothing.

blizz
03-19-2016, 11:31 PM
What I'm saying is that you can use that excuse when you don't play the best defensive team in the league. When you do play the best defensive team and you shoot the worst you have in a long time. It's probably due to playing the best defensive team. Just sayin.

Mugen
03-19-2016, 11:34 PM
yeah, he did....

What he say?

ElNono
03-19-2016, 11:36 PM
What he say?

"We were missing 3 important rotation guys, we were playing 6 games in 9 nights, back to back... I'm still proud of how the team fought :cry"

"We had some looks at the end, but shots didn't fall. They're a great defensive team, but we were right there to the end. I'm proud of my guys"

Mugen
03-19-2016, 11:39 PM
"We were missing 3 important rotation guys, we were playing 6 games in 9 nights, back to back... I'm still proud of how the team fought :cry"

"We had some looks at the end, but shots didn't fall. They're a great defensive team, but we were right there to the end. I'm proud of my guys"

:lol Dis nigga.....

Spur Bank
03-19-2016, 11:42 PM

Am I just a super idiot, or are these not totally true and legitimate statements, and totally fine things for Kerr to say?

ElNono
03-19-2016, 11:43 PM
Am I just a super idiot, or are these not totally true and legitimate statements, and totally fine things for Kerr to say?

Pop would never say that because he wouldn't want to be read as excuses, tbh... but as somebody else pointed out, he's not Pop and he doesn't have the management's backing that Pop has, so he gotta say that stuff...

bklynspursfan
03-19-2016, 11:46 PM

Klay is such a sore loser, it's hilarious. He says some nonsense after each loss

GSH
03-20-2016, 12:19 AM
The Warriors had 95 FGA's last night against Dallas. Tonight they had 82 FGA's. Looks like they just decided not to shoot as many times tonight, because I know the Spurs defense couldn't have had anything to do with that. :jack

resistanze
03-20-2016, 12:20 AM
I was wearing my Duncan jersey tonight, watching the game at a bar in SF...got booed as I left, making the claw sign tbh

En Fuego
03-20-2016, 12:25 AM
Kerr was beyond butthurt tonight. Did you see him after the game complaining to Pop? Steve.... for real.

UZER
03-20-2016, 12:29 AM
That's Phil talking. The spurs are a serious threat to GS and in Kerrs head. he's doing damage control for his team.

blizz
03-20-2016, 12:55 AM
Again they played th best defensive team in the nba. They shot terribly. It had a lot to do with our defense. I just hate their guys even down to their coach making excuses then kinda going back on those excuses. So then what was it Steve? Was it the so many games in so many days or was that not a factor? Was it that Bogut was out? Dunc played 8 minutes so how was that a disadvantage?

dweaver99027
03-20-2016, 12:59 AM
Haha, Draymond is mad... It's good that doubt has creeped in their heads.

TheDoctor
03-20-2016, 01:09 AM
I was wearing my Duncan jersey tonight, watching the game at a bar in SF...got booed as I left, making the claw sign tbh
Legend.

TheDoctor
03-20-2016, 01:13 AM
Pop would never say that because he wouldn't want to be read as excuses, tbh... but as somebody else pointed out, he's not Pop and he doesn't have the management's backing that Pop has, so he gotta say that stuff...
Yeah, Pop always compliments the other team usually "trash" his in loses He's the best.

HarlemHeat37
03-20-2016, 01:28 AM
"I couldn't be prouder of our guys -- what an effort," said Kerr, who drew a technical foul for arguing a call in the first quarter. "All the odds were stacked against us: ninth game in 14 days, back-to-back (off) obviously a tough game last night, down three important rotation guys. We hung in there right to the end."

Spurtacular
03-20-2016, 01:30 AM
TBH, GS was not getting the shots they normally take. Spurs committed to guarding the three line. Other teams too stupid to do that.

Kawhitstorm
03-20-2016, 01:33 AM

When they asked him about Bogut & the rebounding disparity, he actually said "no excuses, the Spurs didn't have Duncan last time we played them". I saw the LIVE interview on ABC, folks are out here making up shyt.:lol

He just added, "considering the circumstance, I'm proud of the way we competed & gave ourselves a chance to win the game".

Wildcat67
03-20-2016, 01:39 AM
You have to watch the Draymond Green interview. I read the quote, but then I actually saw him say it. The saltiness was thick.

Such poor losers.

GSH
03-20-2016, 01:45 AM
"I couldn't be prouder of our guys -- what an effort," said Kerr, who drew a technical foul for arguing a call in the first quarter. "All the odds were stacked against us: ninth game in 14 days, back-to-back (off) obviously a tough game last night, down three important rotation guys. We hung in there right to the end."

LOL. It was the Spurs' eighth game in those same 14 days. And the Warriors played: Lakers (14-55), Orlando (29-39), Utah (33-35), Portland (36-34), Phoenix (19-50), New Orleans (24-43), Knicks (28-41), and Dallas (34-35).

So that brutal schedule Kerr is using as an excuse is a combined 217-297. I guess GS should feel fortunate to go 7-2 against a gauntlet like that.

WTG, Stevie, you just made you and your whole team look like pussies. You know what you call a guy who's proud of a loss like this one? The loser.

dabom
03-20-2016, 01:45 AM

Wow. :lmao

dabom
03-20-2016, 01:46 AM

Sounds too perfect of a set up brah. Did you take the hottest chick from the bar too? Just lie to me bro... :lol

BatManu20
03-20-2016, 02:22 AM
Kerr is quickly becoming a huge chode. Who knew he was such a blowhard? Dude cries literally every time things don't go his way. Shame tbh.

daslicer
03-20-2016, 02:32 AM
The spurs contested a majority of their shots tonight and they only had a few shots where they were wide open. Curry is the only player on their team that can consistently hit contested shots but the rest of their guys can't hit contested shots on a regular basis.

weeks
03-20-2016, 02:43 AM
They act like it was expected but they are clearly pissed .If they didn't really think they'd break the streak tonight they'd be a lot more nonchalant .

The butthurt is real

Spurs21Fan4Ever
03-20-2016, 03:09 AM
Lol it's funny, the Warriors are already afraid the media may put SA as the favorites after the loss. To me, Curry, Kerr, Klay, and Green were basically begging the media to continue slober all over them.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
03-20-2016, 03:10 AM
Also, my gf is from San Francisco and she's a huge Warriors fan, this felt good ;)

will_spurs
03-20-2016, 03:50 AM
The only difference with Pop is that he usually doesn't make it sound like an excuse, just a complaint or some vague karmic stuff wise old men say ("Something shots fall, sometimes they don't, you have to fight through it and take what basketball gives you" kind of nonsense).

What's clear though is that being held to their lower points total in a quarter and in a game (and by a lot since the previous low was 89 and they scored only 79) must really sting. Deep inside they know there's no excuse for that.

BillMc
03-20-2016, 04:11 AM

Well done!

BillMc
03-20-2016, 04:12 AM

Klay is such a sore loser, it's hilarious. He says some nonsense after each loss

Not that this is news but Green is an ass.

BillMc
03-20-2016, 04:13 AM
Kerr is quickly becoming a huge chode. Who knew he was such a blowhard? Dude cries literally every time things don't go his way. Shame tbh.

Guess he took that from Phil Jackson. Guy always plays the refs through the media after every loss.

theman21
03-20-2016, 08:42 AM
USA Today article was titled, Spurs completely shut down Curry, Warriors....but article was nearly 100% devoted to the excuses.

The thing that makes me upset is that in situations like this, the Spurs are the ones who deserve credit....the Spurs had all the pressure on them going into this game...no losses at home, against #1 team in league, having lost by 30 first matchup, against team without 3 pieces, coming off a back to back, etc etc....losing would have been devastating; and the Spurs deserve a lot of credit for winning, because of the pressure situation if for nothing else.

The Warriors and media are trying to give credit for not losing that badly, it helps their ego; but rest assured, there was a little seed planted last night that will grow larger with every loss to the Spurs. This reminds me too much of the Shaq and Kobe Lakers, who were so arrogant and never believed they ever really had competition. It's time for the Spurs to remind the Warriors that the Spurs are indeed competition in the playoffs...people like to forget the Spurs have beaten the Warriors in the playoffs alreaady.

ceperez
03-20-2016, 08:49 AM
Missing Igoudola is big, that and being a back to back game.

I don't thing GSW shoots this badly. This should have been a blow out, but the Spurs committed too many turnovers and the offense sucked big time.

RD2191
03-20-2016, 08:50 AM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/rewind-warriors-gain-confidence-loss-spurs

How salty are gay area fans right now tbh?

Spurs9
03-20-2016, 08:52 AM
They acted like they had nothing to worry about postgame, especially Draymond. "They only beat us by 8"
The warriors are probably pissed they can only lose 2 more games rest of season to beat the record :lol

RD2191
03-20-2016, 08:56 AM
I don't understand where all this cockiness comes from. They have one fluke title after sucking for how many years? Spurs have been doing it for almost 2 decades. Where's the respect? Tbh. Spurs need to shut these guys up and shut them up good.

100%duncan
03-20-2016, 09:14 AM
Yeah like the spurs played their A game :lol Silver and black fucking with these dudes minds

100%duncan
03-20-2016, 09:17 AM
LOL. It was the Spurs' eighth game in those same 14 days. And the Warriors played: Lakers (14-55), Orlando (29-39), Utah (33-35), Portland (36-34), Phoenix (19-50), New Orleans (24-43), Knicks (28-41), and Dallas (34-35).

So that brutal schedule Kerr is using as an excuse is a combined 217-297. I guess GS should feel fortunate to go 7-2 against a gauntlet like that.

WTG, Stevie, you just made you and your whole team look like pussies. You know what you call a guy who's proud of a loss like this one? The loser.
Didnt realize this. Backfire to kerr :lmao

Spurs9
03-20-2016, 09:20 AM
Didnt realize this. Backfire to kerr :lmao

:lmao at that schedule. I wonder how many 4th quarters all the starters rested in that game too :cry

dbestpro
03-20-2016, 09:23 AM
These are the excuses of a team with a fragile ego. Pop would have given all the credit in the world to the other team, and told his mentally tough Spurs to suck it up.

Agloco
03-20-2016, 10:48 AM
Also, my gf is from San Francisco and she's a huge Warriors fan, this felt good ;)

Bad part is youre probably not getting laid for a bit. :lol

pgardn
03-20-2016, 11:20 AM
Rewatched the game.

Curry got such brief looks at the basket the shot was destined to suffer. Constant on and off ball pressure when he was in range. One just can't just suddenly swivel the head towards the basket that quickly and expect a high %. Curry can make very long shots if he already has his eyes on the rim while dribbling or making a cut behind a screen glancing at the rim. We did not give him that luxury.

Aside:
There was some absolutely amazing picking off the ball and the defensive switching to match the movement last night. Really intense D played off the ball neutralized some highly orchestrated off the ball offensive movement. By both teams. This was an example of the way the game should be played off the ball... Illustrated by BOTH teams. Puts the normal regular season game played by other teams to shame. It is no surprise the average young NBA fan, watching a pitiful NBA team, feels compelled tonconcentrate on their favorite player's stats and dunks.

skulls138
03-20-2016, 11:24 AM
Hey, it is what it is. If they dont say it theyll think it because it was close and it was on our turf and it was on a back to back. As for the injuries, we had Duncan out for most of the game so GS had it easier there.

Having said that I really like our guts in this win. We had them against the ropes and we let them back in with crap passing but we kept it tight and pulled away. This shows me we arent scared of them but we still need more.

SpursDynasty
03-20-2016, 12:04 PM
Steve Kerr obviously is using now to be cocky/arrogant since he couldn't be that when he was a player.

Why can't he just accept that he was a role player with the Bulls, a role player with the Spurs, and continue being humble now as a coach?

DMC
03-20-2016, 12:06 PM
So there was no talk of all that rest Curry gets for not playing in the 4th quarter? None of that egotistical bullshit? Interesting. Fuck them and their cocky-ass attitudes. Take your L, go home and lick your wounds. See you in the playoffs. The last two meetings this season mean nothing.
He didn't do a lot of dancing in front of our bench, let's put it that way.

DMC
03-20-2016, 12:07 PM
Steve Kerr obviously is using now to be cocky/arrogant since he couldn't be that when he was a player.

Why can't he just accept that he was a role player with the Bulls, a role player with the Spurs, and continue being humble now as a coach?

Steve is one of the most humble NBA players of all time. Did you see him crack a grin at Manu during his tirade? It's entertainment, folks.

tmtcsc
03-20-2016, 12:08 PM
Manu probably said something like "I didn't know you spoke Serbian!".

rexrobinson
03-20-2016, 12:48 PM
I think the Spur's defense had something to do with missing the shots they normally make. The Spurs are in their heads and they are starting to crack. I have never seen such loser talk from a defending champion and current #1 seed and what is worse is their media is trying to take credit for "almost winning". Even Coach Kerr is participating in this non-sense. Their arrogance from dominating the NBA for the past year has them so far up their own ass they think their shit don't stink and can't handle a loss without trying to discredit to the Spurs and claim a moral victory.

The Bay Area media is blowing up with ridiculous commentary. Here are some of my favorite narratives so far:

the Spurs were allowed to foul Curry all night
the Spurs won by "just eight points" over a crippled and exhausted Warriors team
the team was given a "mental night off" by Kerr by sitting Bogut but instead played their asses off
the Spurs are the oldest team in Pro-Sports
2016 Tim Duncan is 2016 Peyton Manning and has no impact on the game
The Warriors almost ended two Spurs streaks
The Warriors were exhausted from the four hour plane ride between Dallas and San Antonio :lol
The Spurs will never be able to rebound like that again with Iggy and Bogut in the lineup
The NBA should eliminate the Back to Back
Loss to Spurs only means good things for the Warriors
The Warriors advanced their position in the "War" with the Spurs
Pop foolishly revealed all his cards

Regular season games :blah...and the last time I checked the threshold between a win and a loss is (1) point yet these fucktards are claiming a moral victory as if they were playing 3 on 5 ball the whole game and spotted the Spurs 20 points.

TheDoctor
03-20-2016, 01:34 PM
Curry shot charts. Last nite vs Season. Clearly the Spurs forced him to shoot from his "less comfortable" 3pt spots, which are the area between the center and the right elbow. As the chart shows, his 3pt percentages drop significantly compared to the left elbow. Still hitting almost 43% of them which is insane as a high-volume shooter.

Season
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z357/GYR0MEISTER/Mobile%20Uploads/image_8.jpeg

Last Nite, MAR 19 2016
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z357/GYR0MEISTER/Mobile%20Uploads/image_9.jpeg