PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Post Ups on Parker & Mills

-21-
03-19-2016, 11:13 PM
I was really concerned about this but after watching the game, I think this may not necessarily be a disadvantage especially if Parker plays good enough D. It kills their ball movement, prevents them from chucking threes, and takes the ball away from Curry as Livingston, Thompson, Barnes and maybe Iguodala are the only ones who will post up our smaller guards. Even if they do make those shots, wouldn't you take those instead of their dangerous three pointers?

Mugen
03-19-2016, 11:14 PM
:lol I said it even when Bible Thumper was coaching the team....if the Dubs want to run their offense through Harrison Barnes or Klay in the post, have at it tbh.

TheGreatYacht
03-19-2016, 11:15 PM
Didn't work then, won't work now.

Robz4000
03-19-2016, 11:15 PM
Parker defended them amazingly well, Patty not so much...

SAGirl
03-19-2016, 11:16 PM
I was really concerned about this but after watching the game, I think this may not necessarily be a disadvantage especially if Parker plays good enough D. It kills their ball movement, prevents them from chucking threes, and takes the ball away from Curry as Livingston, Thompson, Barnes and maybe Iguodala are the only ones who will post up our smaller guards. Even if they do make those shots, wouldn't you take those instead of their dangerous three pointers?
POP definitely tried to live with them and it was better. The last game we were doubling up and they killed us passing to open cutters on backdoor cuts or their shooters. It definitely killed their ball movement and also slowed the pace down. They still made buckets out of those, but not everything.

Chris
03-19-2016, 11:18 PM
It worked for a while until Pop set them straight on the proper rotations for such a scenario: such as double teaming and trapping. It was a good strategy for them, but it plays right in to the half court kind of game the Spurs love to play.

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2016, 11:18 PM
I don't really mind them playing 1 on 1 or posting up..they'll score better than they did tonight, but not as efficiently as they did in the game earlier in the season, which was kind of anomalous..

Iguodala is great at passing out of the post, but Thompson and Barnes are terrible playmakers..

DarrinS
03-19-2016, 11:19 PM
Those guys can shoot over our midget PG's AT WILL. No need for post moves, tbh.