PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green: "We tried somthing diffrent in the first matchup"

Floyd Pacquiao
03-19-2016, 11:45 PM
"It didnt work out, we kept it more simple tonight and executed better.":toast

Chinook
03-19-2016, 11:48 PM
Both teams are just experimenting right now. Would rather he have kept is mouth shut about this game-planning shit, though.

dabom
03-19-2016, 11:49 PM
Took a page out of Parker. :lol

Floyd Pacquiao
03-19-2016, 11:50 PM
Both teams are just experimenting right now. Would rather he have kept is mouth shut about this game-planning shit, though.

:lol him and tony seem to have a big mouth when it comes to this.

NASpurs
03-19-2016, 11:51 PM
lol #Holocaust

timtonymanu
03-19-2016, 11:52 PM
lol #Holocaust

:lmao

YGWHI

Not at all, Parker would have said what exactly they planned...:lol

dabom
Not at all, Parker would have said what exactly they planned...:lol

:lol

ElNono
03-19-2016, 11:56 PM
lol #Holocaust

TheDoctor
03-19-2016, 11:58 PM

Usually, Danny's interviews are like quotes taken out of Pop's mind. It wouldn't sprise me if this was the case.

Mnky
03-19-2016, 11:59 PM
Usually, Danny's interviews are like quotes taken out of Pop's mind. It wouldn't sprise me if this was the case.

Agreed. He's on the C.I.A. treatment.

daslicer
03-20-2016, 12:00 AM
You guys act like these quotes are some serious Cold War shit.

Kawhitstorm

As if the Worriers don't have a film department.:lol

Budkin
lol #Holocaust

http://i.imgur.com/TYysg8s.png

Floyd Pacquiao
03-20-2016, 12:04 AM
Pop showed his hand. Now the warriors know how theyre gonna guard curry.

spurraider21
03-20-2016, 12:18 AM
Pop showed his hand. Now the warriors know how theyre gonna guard curry.
LOL if gsw has to gameplan around porkers man to man defense

HarlemHeat37
03-20-2016, 12:22 AM
It's the regular season and they still have 2 matchups left..every game is going to be different, although Pop will probably rest guys in at least 1 of them..

Both fanbases will overreact to every game, tbh..

SpurPadre
03-20-2016, 12:23 AM

Not any worse than TP complaining about teams leaving his teammates open but doubling him.

HI-FI
03-20-2016, 12:24 AM
lol #Holocaust

:lmao
fkin Green

SpurPadre
03-20-2016, 12:27 AM
Didn't Danny apologize for that, though? Unlike TP not apologizing for posing with an antisemite.

TheGreatYacht
03-20-2016, 12:32 AM
Manutard mad tonight lol

Mugen
03-20-2016, 12:34 AM
lol #Holocaust

rofl

03-20-2016, 12:54 AM
The biggest adjustment was not doubling when they went after Parker/Mills. Those breakdowns screwed us last game. Obviously less turnovers as well. Will be interesting to see how the next game plays out.

baseline bum
03-20-2016, 12:56 AM

No, that would have been Green saying something along the lines of "I can't believe they don't leave Parker open"

Chinook
03-20-2016, 12:57 AM
People don't realize how similar this was to last game. The differences where LMA not being a sopping vag and the Spurs deciding to actually try to defend Curry. The TOs were there. The inability to post with Leonard and Duncan was there. The lack of threes was there for the most part. Pop has a lot to clean up, and he hasn't even broken out the real game plan yet.

dabom
03-20-2016, 01:00 AM
People don't realize how similar this was to last game. The differences where LMA not being a sopping vag and the Spurs deciding to actually try to defend Curry. The TOs were there. The inability to post with Leonard and Duncan was there. The lack of threes was there for the most part. Pop has a lot to clean up, and he hasn't even broken out the real game plan yet.

We actually had a 6 point lead before putting KA in this time. Last time we were down 11 and blew up to 17 in like 2 minutes or something. That dude is a scrub.

freetiago
03-20-2016, 01:07 AM
Spurs have butter on their hands every game vs GSW so far. They were able to get post ups but kept fumbling the dribble, GS also did a good job of digging in. The Diaw/Aldridge post ups basically were the offense. No guards were able to turn the corner which wasn't good since it could take out the pick and pop.

Kawhitstorm
03-20-2016, 01:17 AM
It's the regular season and they still have 2 matchups left..every game is going to be different, although Pop will probably rest guys in at least 1 of them..

Pop is going to roll out the Tim/West frontline & see how they fare if Bogut makes it back for the Oakland game.

TBH, I don't see any reason to rest anyone w/ the #1 seed on the line except for the Grizz/OKC B2B where the starters should rest against Ray & 'em.:lol Other than that he might send the 3rd stringers to Dallas if there is nothing to play for on April 13th.

Spurtacular
03-20-2016, 01:29 AM
Didn't Danny apologize for that, though? Unlike TP not apologizing for posing with an antisemite.

I think TP did and I'm sorry if anyone was offended apology.

Sean Cagney
03-20-2016, 01:34 AM
You guys act like these quotes are some serious Cold War shit.

Sean Cagney
03-20-2016, 01:36 AM
We actually had a 6 point lead before putting KA in this time. Last time we were down 11 and blew up to 17 in like 2 minutes or something. That dude is a scrub.

Im not a huge fan of his either...

FkLA
03-20-2016, 01:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/TYysg8s.png

:lmao I missed this. What's the story behind this?

dabom
03-20-2016, 01:55 AM

Visited a holocaust. Put "lol #holocaust" on his twitter. :lol
Deleted it right away.

HI-FI
03-20-2016, 01:55 AM
I believe it's when they played in Germany for the pre-season (or was it last year?). They stopped at a Holocaust memorial and Green tried to honor it with a fkin selfie :lol

FkLA
03-20-2016, 02:02 AM
Deleted it right away.

I believe it's when they played in Germany for the pre-season (or was it last year?). They stopped at a Holocaust memorial and Green tried to honor it with a fkin selfie :lol

pinche verde :lol

Chinook
03-20-2016, 07:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZSy59-H2Cw

SAGirl
03-20-2016, 07:23 AM
:tu
I wonder what it was they tried the first game. I didn't seem they tried anything specific. I though I saw some doubling when Tony was posted up,which they didn't do this time. I remember Tony, Patty and Simmons giving pressure but it was inefficient. They didn't go to Danny and Kawhi was put on skates. Curry was playing at home though and he got going early bc our TO gave him easy baskets early. But I don't think Pop even had anything specific, more like just trying the flavor of the month in a heavy dose of Simmons, some Anderson sprinkled in too, but Pop hadn't even figured out how to use him.

They also did have their full team healthy and we didn't, but that Spurs team wasn't this one. The teams identity emerged with LMA rightfully more aggressive. That January team is definitely not this team. (Even Danny has improved).

Raven
03-20-2016, 07:29 AM

to me it boils down to green defending curry instead of leonard.

Chinook
03-20-2016, 07:47 AM
:tu
I wonder what it was they tried the first game. I didn't seem they tried anything specific. I though I saw some doubling when Tony was posted up,which they didn't do this time. I remember Tony, Patty and Simmons giving pressure but it was inefficient. They didn't go to Danny and Kawhi was put on skates. Curry was playing at home though and he got going early bc our TO gave him easy baskets early. But I don't think Pop even had anything specific, more like just trying the flavor of the month in a heavy dose of Simmons, some Anderson sprinkled in too, but Pop hadn't even figured out how to use him.

They also did have their full team healthy and we didn't, but that Spurs team wasn't this one. The teams identity emerged with LMA rightfully more aggressive. That January team is definitely not this team. (Even Danny has improved).

They tried switching everything. The difference is that the Spurs kept their defensive integrity this time. That means that they committed to running Curry off the line and that they did not overreact to the other mismatches they had. As Kawhitstorm pointed out, in the first game they didn't screen a lot for Curry. So that left him to dance on his guys. This game, GS played a more normal offense, and the Spurs' D took advantage. The Warriors might go back to their first-game philosophy to give Curry better looks, but that's when the Spurs can counter by using Green and Leonard and but having them commit to running Steph off the line. If they can make him drive without the screen, then the Warriors won't have a ton of success scoring, because no one is helping on a Curry two-pointer unless it's a big.

Chinook
03-20-2016, 07:50 AM
to me it boils down to green defending curry instead of leonard.

It was more about having Green play his full minutes rather than giving Simmons his time. It was great that Kawhi didn't have to guard Steph, but you don't want him getting used to Green checking him. That's best saved for big moments. Other than that, just let the defense flow.

Harry Callahan
03-20-2016, 07:58 AM

I find it funny when the ESPN retards are pointing out what happened to Stephanie Curry when he went to the hoop and flipped the ball up well before contact and he undercut Danny Green. These media clowns were offended when Stephanie paid the price for his own actions. NOT A WORD to Danny Green asking "how it felt" when Draymond Green clothslined him on his layup attempt.

There is an agenda at ESPN, and an NBA finals without Golden State will cost Disney/ESPN millions and millions of dollars in ratings/revenue. ESPN is hemorrhaging money right now due to their horrible NFL and NBA contracts. They REALLY need the biggest numbers possible to pay for their network's many strategic mistakes.

If the Spurs end up going to the finals, it will be a minor miracle - good luck guys. This will be a very difficult task due to the outside forces.

Honestly, the six or seven empty possessions for the Spurs because of the multiple BS fouls on Leonard (Curry's flop trying to guard in the post especially) and the offensive foul on Aldridge when Green looks like he took a batch of 00 buckshot in the belly. Not to mention the phantom 3 free throws for Stephanie when the screener was the player fouled. This is a 15 point + blowout without all the Danny Crawford nonsense.

houston spurs fan
03-20-2016, 08:16 AM
Deleted it right away.
"Visited a holocaust". That isn't a location you dumb fuck

K...
03-20-2016, 08:27 AM
Uh in the video he hedged saying both "we tried something different" and then right afterwards "we executed this time" seems like a non answer.

EVAY
03-20-2016, 08:28 AM
I find it funny when the ESPN retards are pointing out what happened to Stephanie Curry when he went to the hoop and flipped the ball up well before contact and he undercut Danny Green. These media clowns were offended when Stephanie paid the price for his own actions. NOT A WORD to Danny Green asking "how it felt" when Draymond Green clothslined him on his layup attempt.

There is an agenda at ESPN, and an NBA finals without Golden State will cost Disney/ESPN millions and millions of dollars in ratings/revenue. ESPN is hemorrhaging money right now due to their horrible NFL and NBA contracts. They REALLY need the biggest numbers possible to pay for their network's many strategic mistakes.

If the Spurs end up going to the finals, it will be a minor miracle - good luck guys. This will be a very difficult task due to the outside forces.

Honestly, the six or seven empty possessions for the Spurs because of the multiple BS fouls on Leonard (Curry's flop trying to guard in the post especially) and the offensive foul on Aldridge when Green looks like he took a batch of 00 buckshot in the belly. Not to mention the phantom 3 free throws for Stephanie when the screener was the player fouled. This is a 15 point + blowout without all the Danny Crawford nonsense.

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but I happen to think this is pretty spot on, as I see it.

ceperez
03-20-2016, 08:33 AM
PATFO kept his cards close to his chest with its offense. That's why it sucked so much!

The defense was okay however you notice that Leonard was guarding the least important player. What is interesting though is that Spurs did give up a lot of *easy* layups and dunks. GSW defense was pretty good and did not give up anything.

TheGreatYacht
03-20-2016, 09:30 AM
:lol mouth breathers bro..

dbestpro
03-20-2016, 09:38 AM

ESPN and Disney started losing viewers when it started sticking its nose into social politics. People watch entertainment to be entertained, not to be preached to or indoctrinated.

T Park
03-20-2016, 09:50 AM
Parker pushing the screener into the shooter while shooting is in the rule book, before anyone goes popping off how that's a conspiracy. Remove the tin foil from your head.

Stabula
03-20-2016, 10:40 AM
Parker pushing the screener into the shooter while shooting is in the rule book, before anyone goes popping off how that's a conspiracy. Remove the tin foil from your head.

Yeah? What page?

Obstructed_View
03-20-2016, 11:03 AM
Yeah? What page?

This one.

http://videorulebook.nba.com/archive/defensive-foul-defender-pushes-opponent-into-shooter-2/

ChumpDumper
03-20-2016, 11:27 AM

Honestly, the six or seven empty possessions for the Spurs because of the multiple BS fouls on Leonard (Curry's flop trying to guard in the post especially) and the offensive foul on Aldridge when Green looks like he took a batch of 00 buckshot in the belly. Not to mention the phantom 3 free throws for Stephanie when the screener was the player fouled. This is a 15 point + blowout without all the Danny Crawford nonsense.Conspiracy!

Agloco
03-20-2016, 11:31 AM

Anyone who knows anything about basketball could see it for themselves tbh.

TheDoctor
03-20-2016, 11:36 AM
LMAO

https://49.media.tumblr.com/5281a4e7503552d53cdaf73e46b5f891/tumblr_mxjqnf8aWJ1r0d6q2o1_500.gif

LaMarcus Bryant
03-20-2016, 11:58 AM
lol #Holocaust

Lolololololololol :lmao

LaMarcus Bryant
03-20-2016, 12:03 PM

:rollin :rollin

Agloco
03-20-2016, 12:37 PM
Deleted it right away.

Visited a holocaust?

Lol engineer.

T Park
03-24-2016, 10:06 AM
This one.

http://videorulebook.nba.com/archive/defensive-foul-defender-pushes-opponent-into-shooter-2/

Thanks. Saved me from "open up a tab and use google fuckstick "

polandprzem
03-24-2016, 02:04 PM
Wasn't it Livingson pulling Tp?

NameLess Scrub
03-24-2016, 04:11 PM
LaMarcus manning up was great, to say it again.

He took Green's pushing defense and still executed.
Diaw also did a great job torturing Barnes in the 1st qtr.