PDA

View Full Version : NBA: The Betting Thread

Thebesteva
03-20-2016, 08:31 PM
Not sure if there's another one on here...wanted to put $400 bucks on a parlay on Spurs and Warriors winning tomorrow against the Hornets and Wolves. It's $400 to win $900...feel like its a safe bet. What you guys thinking? Easy money tbh

TDMVPDPOY
03-20-2016, 08:34 PM
the spurs noh game is a trap game man...dont waste ur money on that shit unless the spurs are going to make a serious push to challenge the warriors for that top 1st seed

AlexJones
03-20-2016, 08:41 PM
Two trap games tbh

DMC
03-20-2016, 08:47 PM
A doctor fretting over 400.00.

HemisfairArena
03-20-2016, 09:42 PM

,,,,now that was funny,,,,lmao

03-20-2016, 10:09 PM
:lol

Thebesteva
03-21-2016, 01:30 AM

If you dont believe I'm a doctor just quiz me man on anything. I'll answer u within minutes. Give me blood work example off the internet and I'll give you my top 4 diagnostic work ups.

ie hyperkalemia in chronic kidney disease which can lead to bradycardia or hypercalcemia as a paraneoplastic syndrome (that's doctor lingo for cancer causing a non metastatic adverse effect to the body).

I try to always keep it light here kid and laugh at the nurse stuff but most these nurses just place catheters, draw blood, basically do everything for us to interpret our results. They make my life easier...ironically they make about $140k a year at the place I work so even if I was a nurse that's probably 2x your pay.

Tbh, being a GP is overrated as fuck. $500k loans, long hours, you have to work Saturday all day long. It's not like I said I'm a CEO of a fortune 500. My buddy works at a car lot and makes as much money as me and is living it up. I never said I'm a plastic surgeon making $600 k a year. I'm just a GP.

03-21-2016, 01:40 AM
If you dont believe I'm a doctor just quiz me man on anything. I'll answer u within minutes. Give me blood work example off the internet and I'll give you my top 4 diagnostic work ups.

ie hyperkalemia in chronic kidney disease which can lead to bradycardia or hypercalcemia as a paraneoplastic syndrome (that's doctor lingo for cancer causing a non metastatic adverse effect to the body).

I try to always keep it light here kid and laugh at the nurse stuff but most these nurses just place catheters, draw blood, basically do everything for us to interpret our results. They make my life easier...ironically they make about $140k a year at the place I work so even if I was a nurse that's probably 2x your pay.

Tbh, being a GP is overrated as fuck. $500k loans, long hours, you have to work Saturday all day long. It's not like I said I'm a CEO of a fortune 500. My buddy works at a car lot and makes as much money as me and is living it up. I never said I'm a plastic surgeon making $600 k a year. I'm just a GP.What does your buddy do tbh

spurraider21
03-21-2016, 01:48 AM
"successful italian doctor"

InRareForm
03-21-2016, 02:17 AM
please never put easy money and parlay in the same sentence.

AlexJones
03-21-2016, 03:31 AM
please never put easy money and parlay in the same sentence.
Floyd Mayweather fights + Clayton Kershaw home start + GSW futures + Blackhawks in the Cup Finals is one

DMC
03-21-2016, 05:51 AM

Tbh, being a GP is overrated as fuck. $500k loans, long hours, you have to work Saturday all day long. It's not like I said I'm a CEO of a fortune 500. My buddy works at a car lot and makes as much money as me and is living it up. I never said I'm a plastic surgeon making $600 k a year. I'm just a GP.
The question is can you float 400.00? Thats quite the risk.

AlexJones
03-21-2016, 08:29 PM
Trap I tell ya. TRAPPPPPPPP

TDMVPDPOY
03-21-2016, 08:30 PM
lol how many hrs must he do to make up the 400bucks he loss had he betted?

Chris
03-21-2016, 08:31 PM
Gambling is bad and you should feel bad.

chunticakes
03-21-2016, 08:37 PM

What do you recommend for my alcohol induced gastritis? Two week course of Protonix? Prophylactic Maalox/Pepcid everytime I drink?

Also 140k is absurd. The most I made was 120k which was basically due to nonstop OT @ a hospital.

Thebesteva
03-22-2016, 12:12 AM
What do you recommend for my alcohol induced gastritis? Two week course of Protonix? Prophylactic Maalox/Pepcid everytime I drink?

Also 140k is absurd. The most I made was 120k which was basically due to nonstop OT @ a hospital.

Need to know some stuff first. How much drinking did you do that caused the bout of gastritis? Have they done an endoscopy to see if its an ulcer? Do you take NSAIDs as well for another issue? What's your age?

I would suggest omeprazole+famotidine combo for a month, if the gastritis continues which it often does you need to seriously consider reconstructing your diet+alcohol intake (I suggest you do this anyway). Reduce meat intake and take pineapple+papaya enzymes to help break down meat and increase fiber in your diet. Reduce your alcohol usage as well, I know its very hard I like to drink as well but be careful it can get out of hand.

No GP would ever say this but maybe consider smoking marijuana more than drinking alcohol as a substitute...alcohol puts on a lot of weight, I see plenty of smokers and drinkers with issues like elevated liver enzymes, respiratory issues, etc but almost never see anyone whose into weed with issues.

chunticakes
03-22-2016, 01:44 AM
Need to know some stuff first. How much drinking did you do that caused the bout of gastritis? Have they done an endoscopy to see if its an ulcer? Do you take NSAIDs as well for another issue? What's your age?

I would suggest omeprazole+famotidine combo for a month, if the gastritis continues which it often does you need to seriously consider reconstructing your diet+alcohol intake (I suggest you do this anyway). Reduce meat intake and take pineapple+papaya enzymes to help break down meat and increase fiber in your diet. Reduce your alcohol usage as well, I know its very hard I like to drink as well but be careful it can get out of hand.

No GP would ever say this but maybe consider smoking marijuana more than drinking alcohol as a substitute...alcohol puts on a lot of weight, I see plenty of smokers and drinkers with issues like elevated liver enzymes, respiratory issues, etc but almost never see anyone whose into weed with issues.

I drink 3-4 times a week. ETOH/beer. Quite a bit actually. No endoscopy. No NSAIDs. 29.

I'll try the omeprazole/pepcid combo see what happens.

InRareForm
03-22-2016, 02:39 AM
This is why you don't bet parlays.

Vegas loves the parlay players

Thebesteva
03-22-2016, 02:58 AM
I drink 3-4 times a week. ETOH/beer. Quite a bit actually. No endoscopy. No NSAIDs. 29.

I'll try the omeprazole/pepcid combo see what happens.

What's quite a bit just out of curiosity? What's a good day of drinking and whats bad? Do you consider yourself an alcoholic btw? Not saying that I think u r just curious.

chunticakes
03-22-2016, 06:58 AM
What's quite a bit just out of curiosity? What's a good day of drinking and whats bad? Do you consider yourself an alcoholic btw? Not saying that I think u r just curious.

I'm a functional alcoholic as per my assessment lol.

I'll drink a couple of beers or some liquor to the point of catching a buzz after work. When I'm off on the weekends I will get fucked up.

Like I said...functional :lol

03-22-2016, 07:29 AM
I'm a functional alcoholic as per my assessment lol.

I'll drink a couple of beers or some liquor to the point of catching a buzz after work. When I'm off on the weekends I will get fucked up.

Like I said...functional :lol

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=20382&dateline=1337749736

AlexJones
03-22-2016, 07:39 AM
Parsons out for the year-- Fade the Mavs in EVERY GAME

chunticakes
03-22-2016, 11:00 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=20382&dateline=1337749736

Absolutely, lad!!

Spurtacular
03-22-2016, 08:11 PM
Betting thread needed, tbh.

Anyone have favorite betting spots in Vegas?

AlexJones
03-29-2016, 04:21 PM
Official list of teams worth fading heading into playoffs & beyond:

Dallas Mavericks
Miami Heat
Dallas Mavs
Toronto Raptors
The NBA's Dallas Mavericks
Mavericks of Dallas, Fort Worth
Dallas Mavpricks
_allas Mavericks
Dullass Mavfaggots