PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Kawhi Gets No Respect from the Refs" thread.

Supreme_Being
03-21-2016, 01:00 AM
This could be a big thing come post season where one or two calls (or no calls) win or lose a game.

Horry Hipcheck
03-21-2016, 01:07 AM
Does he get shafted by officials? I know he cries out for a foul once and again but it seems like he gets whistles pretty consistently to me, and almost never gets hit with ticky-tack calls.

MultiTroll
03-21-2016, 01:16 AM
Case in point. This is the stuff that can change games.
Kwas excellent steal of the pass intended for Curry.
60-55 3rd qtr 4:22 left.

All ball. Kwa absolutely did not foul Curry. It was like an NFL defensive back picking off a pass.

Kwa called for a foul for playing D within 12 inches of Currys vag.
Can we get a .gif of this?

popdagreat
03-21-2016, 01:20 AM
i think that changes in the playoffs.

DJR210
03-21-2016, 07:35 AM
Does he get shafted by officials? I know he cries out for a foul once and again but it seems like he gets whistles pretty consistently to me, and almost never gets hit with ticky-tack calls.

He got burned by the refs badly on that steal in the 3rd quarter of Saturday's game.. Van Gundy called him out for not being enough of a dickhead

Kidd K
03-21-2016, 07:43 AM
He got burned by the refs badly on that steal in the 3rd quarter of Saturday's game.. Van Gundy called him out for not being enough of a dickhead

Yeah I remember that. Said he needed to not be as nice and to go at officials for fucking him on calls like that.

Horse
03-21-2016, 07:48 AM
This and Pop's refusal to make it an issue could be a major problem. Not sure I've ever seen a team get away with the shit the warriors do. It's like 5 karl malones out there.

buttsR4rebounding
03-21-2016, 08:20 AM
Just because Pop isn't making a public spectacle ala Phil Jackson doesn't mean they aren't sending tape to the league office and working through channels. That is the Spurs way.

picnroll
03-21-2016, 09:29 AM
Leonard always plays strong, he needs to flop and flail a little like every other NBA player. See Raymond flop flail drawing a foul on Aldridge. He also needs to draw a couple of technicals or more agregious bad calls by refs so they know he going to draw attention to them and not give the refs a pass.

cjw
03-21-2016, 09:45 AM
Kawhi has 33 and-ones this year, which is 17th but only four from the top 10 (Westbrook #9 at 39) ... http://www.nbaminer.com/four-point-plays-and-one/

Lebron, Harden, Derozan and Wiggins are the only non-bigs that get significantly more than he does. Lamarcus is at 23, good for around #40.

The Spurs foul the third least in the league per FGA (only Nets and Bulls foul less), but also struggle to get to the line (24th). Part of that is likely them getting clean looks vs. shots in traffic, while playing stellar D and not fouling. I plotted the FT/FGA numbers both offensively and defensively to see if refs are less likely to blow the whistle when they're not on the other end of the floor, and the correlation is positive, but pretty weak.

james evans
03-21-2016, 10:55 AM
I'm more pissed at him being called for the offensive foul on a fucking post up. The refs were trying to keep this shit close and they did

Kool Bob Love
03-21-2016, 11:04 AM
Kawhi is a baby. Stop crying and play the game!

TDomination
03-21-2016, 11:05 AM
I'm more pissed at him being called for the offensive foul on a fucking post up. The refs were trying to keep this shit close and they did

This was utterly horrible. And funny how both phantom fouls were when he was playing Curry

loveforthegame
03-21-2016, 11:14 AM
Just last week Timmy called Leonard a superstar and that he needs to start getting those calls.

03-21-2016, 11:26 AM
Kawhi is a baby. Stop crying and play the game!

Horse
03-21-2016, 12:23 PM
Just because Pop isn't making a public spectacle ala Phil Jackson doesn't mean they aren't sending tape to the league office and working through channels. That is the Spurs way.

True but jackson changed series and won championships with his press conference bitching.

Budkin
03-21-2016, 12:33 PM

The Warriors are good for business!