PDA

View Full Version : SVP the one big thing...(Spurs vs Dubs)

$pursDynasty
03-21-2016, 09:59 AM
A two minute hightlight from SVP's sportscenter One Big Thing segment after the big game, my favorite line, "my working theory is that the Spurs wanted to remind Golden State....You don't win here, EVER! You haven't lost at home all year? That's great. You haven't won a game here since 1997 and you aren't winning here in the playoffs. Plant that seed then if the Spurs can steal one by the bay in the playoffs..." That is some of the best smack I have heard this year and SVP isn't even a Spurs fan, when comparing that to the hand wringing and cliff jumping that Skip does on the regular basis :wakeup. It was only a regular season game and it wasn't an easy win but I am looking forward to the game at Oracle and breaking that home undefeated streak.

edit video on front page of ESPN Basketball tab

$pursDynasty
03-21-2016, 10:17 AM
Here is the link

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=15031088

tmtcsc
03-21-2016, 10:49 AM
Seriously? It was a regular season game. C'mon man, this sort of stuff means nothing come playoff time.

$pursDynasty
03-21-2016, 10:54 AM
consider the alternative the Spurs would have been left for dead had we lost that game, whether by 1 point or 30 points, the drums of doom would be beating from every sports talking heads. So much so that I am not sure that the younger Spurs would be able to shut the noise out. We needed this win and I love this result.

DMX7
03-21-2016, 10:57 AM
I love smack talk!

Supreme_Being
03-21-2016, 11:05 AM
*drops mic*

Poolboy5623
03-21-2016, 11:48 AM
But the Warriors have won in SA....in the playoffs...

Obstructed_View
03-21-2016, 02:41 PM
SVP consistently says more good things about the Spurs than everyone else in the ABC/ESPN universe combined.

$pursDynasty
03-21-2016, 03:04 PM
SVP consistently says more good things about the Spurs than everyone else in the ABC/ESPN universe combined.
SVP spits the truth, which was always a nice counter point to Ryen "Buy the Shirts" Rusillo's take on the Dubs. To be fair that was last year and he turned out to be correct. Yet I remember how the idea of Pau coming to the Spurs after our championship annoyed him. "They don't even need him" Yet he has less of a problem entertaining the idea of KD to the Warriors. Back to SVP I just like the you don't win here ever line, yes I know about the playoffs that year, but best believe the Dubs know they have a much less margin for error against the Spurs than they do against any other team seeing how long it has been since they won in the AT&T center it's been what three years since that playoff series? We won in Oracle last year.

$pursDynasty
04-02-2016, 06:35 PM
Just bumping this because I share SVP's thoughts on Spurs vs Dubs and I find the thought of laying down for the Dubs in SA abhorrent.