PDA

View Full Version : Trump Names Blackwater and Oil and Gas Execs to Foreign Policy team

FuzzyLumpkins
03-21-2016, 03:22 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-foreign-policy-team-221049

For the first time in his nine-month-old campaign, Donald Trump on Monday revealed the names of five of his foreign policy advisers in an editorial board meeting with The Washington Post, the paper reported.

Those named by Trump include counterterrorism expert Walid Phares; Carter Page, a long-time energy industry consultant; George Papadopoulos ("an oil and energy consultant. Excellent guy"); Joe Schmitz, a former inspector general at the Defense Department and later an executive at Blackwater; retired Gen. Keith Kellogg, "and quite a few more," Trump told the editorial board at the meeting in downtown Washington, where he was accompanied by campaign manager Corey Lewandowski and spokeswoman Hope Hicks.

Phares, a professor at National Defense University who appears regularly on Fox News to discuss matters of national security and terrorism, also advised Mitt Romney during the 2012 campaign. His inclusion on Romney's team drew fierce criticism after comments surfaced in which he warned about the influence of sharia law in the United States. In a December 2015 briefing at the Center for Security Policy’s National Security Group, Phares outlined the "jihadist strata" and the growth of ISIS in the U.S. That discussion occurred 13 days after the San Bernardino shooting and a little more than a week after Trump called for a temporary shutdown of Muslims from entering the country.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-foreign-policy-team-221049#ixzz43ZSf7ObQ

clambake
03-21-2016, 03:35 PM
now all he needs is chuck norris.

boutons_deux
03-21-2016, 03:37 PM
nothing radical here, same old MIC/BigOil/Repug establishment/neocon assholes.

DMX7
03-21-2016, 03:43 PM
I did not know there was a National Defense University.

boutons_deux
03-21-2016, 04:01 PM

$1.5T per year to maintain/defend/expand US Economic/Military Empire pays for a lot of collateral bullshit.

clambake
03-21-2016, 04:07 PM

bout says its more like a frat house.