PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi just had an off night tbh...

Obstructed_View
03-21-2016, 08:11 PM
:lol whoops.

hater
03-21-2016, 08:11 PM
Destroyed by Jeremy Lin imo

Rob123
03-21-2016, 08:12 PM
dude has been shitting the bed recently.

Obstructed_View
03-21-2016, 08:13 PM
It's one of those things in their armor.

spurraider21
03-21-2016, 08:13 PM
did he have an off night or get shut down? sounds like the curry thread tbh

TheGreatYacht
03-21-2016, 08:15 PM
He didn't play defense against GSW either :lol clowns crediting him for shutting down Curry

Mnky
Its good for his development.

Texas_Ranger
he looked like he needs some sleep.

LongtimeSpursFan
Is Kawhi clutch? Should be the real title.

Rob123
03-21-2016, 08:16 PM
Its good for his development.

I hope this is true. I'm not sure this new generation of players learns from adversity as well as the older guys.

Horse
Fuck that Lin is a bench riding luck chuck piece of shit. He should go play the lotto tonight.

tholdren
don't worry he's still a bitch when the game is on the line. Pull up jumper time.

UZER
03-21-2016, 08:17 PM
He needs to take the shots he's given and stop pump faking and driving so much.

thekingrobert
Batum intimadate him, and why did he try for a 3 instead of driving for a two and the lead?

spurtech09
Whole team had a off night...that's because they were blowing them out in the 1st half..than everything went south.....beat by a scrub team...

apalisoc_9
03-21-2016, 08:18 PM
Classic case of overcoaching. He actually hot his mojo back in the third. He only took 14 shots.

keeferob25
03-21-2016, 08:19 PM
Whole team had a off night...that's because they were blowing them out in the 1st half..than everything went south.....beat by a scrub team...

Beg to differ. Duncan gets NO part of this blame. He was stellar.

honestfool84
03-21-2016, 08:21 PM
daboom: "faggot :lmao"

Mnky
03-21-2016, 08:21 PM
I hope this is true. I'm not sure this new generation of players learns from adversity as well as the older guys.

He responded well to the finals lost tbh. I think he's struggling when the ball doesn't come to him early, so when he finally gets it he kind of spazzes out and forces the issue.

Parker has noticeably been ignoring his calls for the ball. Pop isn't getting on him, so it's probably by design. Teaching Kawhi how he became great to begin with. His defense and huddle needs to be on lock. His offensive struggles seem to impact him on the other side.

These things every young star goes through, which is why most only concentrate on one end. He will get better.

loveforthegame
03-21-2016, 08:24 PM
He took some dumb shots. Hesitant. Not a good sign.

2 games he's struggled now. Hardly any touches in the post where he's been dominant. Now he's hanging out at the 3 point line. Too much pump faking and indecisiveness.

Get him back in the post.

YGWHI
03-21-2016, 08:35 PM
He responded well to the finals lost tbh. I think he's struggling when the ball doesn't come to him early, so when he finally gets it he kind of spazzes out and forces the issue.

Parker has noticeably been ignoring his calls for the ball. Pop isn't getting on him, so it's probably by design. Teaching Kawhi how he became great to begin with. His defense and huddle needs to be on lock. His offensive struggles seem to impact him on the other side.

These things every young star goes through, which is why most only concentrate on one end. He will get better.

Pop did everything tonight to get Kawhi out rhythm.
Sat him most 2nd quarter, just play two minutes. In the 4th quarter Kawhi re-entered remaining just 7 minutes when he didn't even play many minutes in the whole first half...That and Parker ball hog and most of P&Rs with the bigs is a real problem for his offense, tbh.

ChumpDumper
03-21-2016, 08:39 PM
Man, this couldn't be any more predictable.

YGWHI
03-21-2016, 08:45 PM
He took some dumb shots. Hesitant. Not a good sign.

2 games he's struggled now. Hardly any touches in the post where he's been dominant. Now he's hanging out at the 3 point line. Too much pump faking and indecisiveness.

Get him back in the post.

It's hard to get him back in the post when Pop wants Tim and LMA to stay there like in this game.

Also, Pop's looking for more Parker-LMA two-man game, that's why Kawhi's FGA has decreased lot in last games comparing to LMA's/Parker's FGA per minute.

Sadly, he isn't calling the same plays for him and it gets Kawhi out rhythm.

bic50
03-21-2016, 08:51 PM
don't worry he's still a bitch when the game is on the line. Pull up jumper time.

Bitch with selective memory

bic50
03-21-2016, 08:54 PM
He didn't play defense against GSW either :lol clowns crediting him for shutting down Curry

And yet your bitch ass cries when people shit on parker or aldridge. Punk ass hypocrite

bic50
03-21-2016, 08:55 PM
Is Kawhi clutch? Should be the real title.

Longtimefraud

TheGreatYacht
03-21-2016, 08:56 PM
Jizzrag50, tbh

03-21-2016, 09:02 PM
Was that an airball at the end there? :lol

03-21-2016, 09:02 PM
Jizzrag50, tbh
:lmao

03-21-2016, 09:03 PM
It's hard to get him back in the post when Pop wants Tim and LMA to stay there like in this game.

Also, Pop's looking for more Parker-LMA two-man game, that's why Kawhi's FGA has decreased lot in last games comparing to LMA's/Parker's FGA per minute.

Sadly, he isn't calling the same plays for him and it gets Kawhi out rhythm.Parker-LMAlpha has been beasting and feasting, Kawhi not so much. Good call by Pop :tu

TheGreatYacht
03-21-2016, 09:04 PM
:lmao
Faggot is fucking weird bruh :lol

Floyd Pacquiao
03-21-2016, 09:07 PM
Parker hero ball froze him out. By the 4th he was ice cold

KDKSpurs24
Kawhi didn't just have an off night.. He MADE himself have an off night. He passed up too many shots. Was hesitant in almost everything he did on the offensive end. I would have preferred him to have an off night of going 6-20 rather than 6-14. He has to gain confidence and just let the ball fly. It disgusts me how much he pump fakes with no intention to shoot only to drive and dish. I'm one of his biggest fans but this lack of confidence is sickening. He puts in all of that work and doesn't seem to trust in it..

SnakeBoy

You mean like a small cleft, slit, or fissure that provides a weak spot that may leave one vulnerable.

PopTheGOAT
He needs to take the shots he's given and stop pump faking and driving so much.
As should the rest of the fucking team

KDKSpurs24
03-21-2016, 09:09 PM
No. Kawhi froze himself out.

lefty
03-21-2016, 09:12 PM
Parker's ball hogging tbh :lol

Jealous of Leonard :lol

TheGreatYacht
03-21-2016, 09:14 PM

Vardy > Harry Kane > Rooney > Mahrez

Budkin
03-21-2016, 09:16 PM
Wow

apalisoc_9
03-21-2016, 09:16 PM
Parker-LMAlpha has been beasting and feasting, Kawhi not so much. Good call by Pop :tu

Pretty much

midnightpulp
03-21-2016, 09:18 PM
So predicable and ultra-vanilla that the usual suspects are finding a way to blame Parker.

Boris, Danny, and Patty House really are untouchable :lol

I wonder what it will take for the Krew to call their inconsistent asses out?

SayTown
03-21-2016, 09:24 PM
Kawhi wasn't getting touches, shooting or scoring early in the game and when he did get ball he seemed to be forcing the issue. It seems he tuned out early and for the rest of the game he let it affect his defense and overall game.

TheGreatYacht
03-21-2016, 09:27 PM
Carver carving Draymond's name into the DPOY award as we speak

YGWHI
03-21-2016, 09:30 PM
Parker-LMAlpha has been beasting and feasting, Kawhi not so much. Good call by Pop :tu

A good call would be mix it, Parker/LMA two-man game AND Kawhi plays.

Getting Kawhi less FGA's isn't that good for the offense, we can see he went cold in the last games when most possessions were Parker/LMA P&Rs/Pops and he didn't shoot...

If he would have played more minutes in the first half to get some rhythm and more involved on offense in the 4th, it could have changed this game.

Also, I can't see it's a good sign that Parker doesn't pass to him when Kawhi he asks for the ball. The same with Manu.

First Kawhi's 3 attempt against GSW was a desperation shot...Kawhi was in a good position and asked Parker the ball but Parker wanted to play a pick w/LMA, he tried, he couldn't find LMA and then threw a pass to Kawhi w/nothing on the clock.

In the same game, Kawhi had the ball in his hands to close the 1st quarter but Manu asked him the ball to pass to Tim and Manu lost the ball.

Tonight, he asked Parker the ball a lot in the 2nd half. Three possesions that I remember, in one Parker looked for his own shot and missed, in other he played with LMA, and the last just passed to Danny.

If Kawhi's vocal and wants the ball, just give him the ball. I rather Kawhi trying to stay aggressive instead of Danny/Manu missing shots.

Blake's Cucktainer
03-21-2016, 09:31 PM

Kawhi wasn't getting touches

Also, I can't see it's a good sign that Parker doesn't pass to him when Kawhi he asks for the ball.

03-21-2016, 09:41 PM
A good call would be mix it, Parker/LMA two-man game AND Kawhi plays.

Getting Kawhi less FGA's isn't that good for the offense, we can see he went cold in the last games when most possessions were Parker/LMA P&Rs/Pops and he didn't shoot...

If he would have played more minutes in the first half to get some rhythm and more involved on offense in the 4th, it could have changed this game.

Also, I can't see it's a good sign that Parker doesn't pass to him when Kawhi he asks for the ball. The same with Manu.

First Kawhi's 3 attempt against GSW was a desperation shot...Kawhi was in a good position and asked Parker the ball but Parker wanted to play a pick w/LMA, he tried, he couldn't find LMA and then threw a pass to Kawhi w/nothing on the clock.

In the same game, Kawhi had the ball in his hands to close the 1st quarter but Manu asked him the ball to pass to Tim and Manu lost the ball.

Tonight, he asked Parker the ball a lot in the 2nd half. Three possesions that I remember, in one Parker looked for his own shot and missed, in other he played with LMA, and the last just passed to Danny.

If Kawhi's vocal and wants the ball, just give him the ball. I rather Kawhi trying to stay aggressive instead of Danny/Manu missing shots.
Honestly, I don't like it when Parker ignores Kawhi's call for a pass, but it must be ok with Pop because he lets him do it all the time lol Weird really. Maybe Tony is like Green and has a fragile ego so Pop wants to keep him happy. Whatever it is, it's not going to change over the next two months, so no use complaining about it.

YGWHI
03-21-2016, 09:47 PM
So predicable and ultra-vanilla that the usual suspects are finding a way to blame Parker.

Boris, Danny, and Patty House really are untouchable :lol

I wonder what it will take for the Krew to call their inconsistent asses out?

Kawhi/LMA duo has been far, far better with Mills compared to Parker...

Mills/Kawhi duo, they have a net rating of +24.9 (best duo the Spurs have thrown out there

Also, Kawhi shoots a lot more and even drives more with Patty on the court than Parker.

That means I want to bench Parker? No. I just want Pop plays Kawhi more with Patty in the last minutes of the 1st quarter instead of sitting him remaining 3 minutes like he was doing in the last games. And more in the 4th with him too.

YGWHI
03-21-2016, 09:52 PM
Honestly, I don't like it when Parker ignores Kawhi's call for a pass, but it must be ok with Pop because he lets him do it all the time lol Weird really. Maybe Tony is like Green and has a fragile ego so Pop wants to keep him happy. Whatever it is, it's not going to change over the next two months, so no use complaining about it.

The only time in five years I saw Pop said something about it was in the game against OKC, he called Parker out for not giving the ball to Kawhi.

But agree, Pop would destroy Parker's ego if he does it more often, sometimes he has sat Parker instead of said something in public.

But this shit won't help Kawhi nor the team.

03-21-2016, 10:10 PM
The only time in five years I saw Pop said something about it was in the game against OKC, he called Parker out for not giving the ball to Kawhi.

But agree, Pop would destroy Parker's ego if he does it more often, sometimes he has sat Parker instead of said something in public.

But this shit won't help Kawhi nor the team.Look at the bright side, we're only stuck with Parker two more years :lol

Hopefully we have a replacement by his last year and he can come off the bench(Kemba will be FA summer 2017 I think)...

YGWHI
03-21-2016, 10:10 PM

This is so funny coming from you...

He didn't play defense against GSW either :lol

Leonard is the perfect defender. He might have been created in a CalTech lab; we're going to need to see some baby pictures to be sure. Kawhi has not just the incredible physical attributes -- the length, the hands, the quickness, the strength -- but his brain is locked in to every rotation every possession. I counted one missed or late rotation in 39 minutes, and it led to a Green dunk -- crucially, not a three.

Traps present a defensive risk. By double-teaming the ball out on the perimeter, you're leaving three defenders to deal with four potential scorers and a lot of daylight. It's an especially perilous gambit against the Warriors, who thrive on chaos, have good passers everywhere and have a green light to shoot from deep. Yet Kawhi's special gifts, awareness and endurance allow him to recover from those traps and get back into the play within two passes or a pass and a dribble. At one point deep in the fourth, Kawhi helped trap Curry all the way out near midcourt and still recovered to get into the play.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/3/20/11271480/san-antonio-spurs-defense-warriors-kawhi-leonard-lamarcus-aldridge

midnightpulp
03-21-2016, 10:13 PM
Also, Kawhi shoots a lot more and even drives more with Patty on the court than Parker.

That means I want to bench Parker? No. I just want Pop plays Kawhi more with Patty in the last minutes of the 1st quarter instead of sitting him remaining 3 minutes like he was doing in the last games. And more in the 4th with him too.

I've closely analyzed the Kawhi/Patty dynamic via game film, and they rarely set one another up, so trying to spin it as some kind of complementary relationship is disingenuous. First of all, the sample size is a lot smaller than the floor time Parker/Kawhi have had (meaning less game film for the opponent's to study) and secondly, the elephant in the room here is the fact that Manu will often check in with Patty.

Take a look here at lineups 3 and 4, which are two of the best lineups the Spurs have that have played any significant minutes together. Both lineups are nearly identical in minutes and personnel, expect one has Tony and the other Patty:

http://stats.nba.com/league/lineups/#!/advanced/?Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612759&sort=MIN&dir=1

The Tony lineup is 2 ratings point better.

Patty "excels" alongside Kawhi is a lot of Frankenstein and experimental lineups, lineups that don't have large enough sample sizes to draw any meaningful conclusions and that are too gimmicky to work long term.

The Patty makes Kawhi better myth is one the stupidest ideas on this site.

bic50
03-21-2016, 10:16 PM
greatcuck being a bitch ass hypocrite as usual. Someone brings up a quote from TP and that bitch will lose it again.

ducks
03-21-2016, 10:26 PM
Kawhi wasn't getting touches, shooting or scoring early in the game and when he did get ball he seemed to be forcing the issue. It seems he tuned out early and for the rest of the game he let it affect his defense and overall game.

Why get reward when your d sucks

bic50
03-21-2016, 10:28 PM
Jizzrag50, tbh

:sleep

YGWHI
03-21-2016, 10:29 PM
I've closely analyzed the Kawhi/Patty dynamic via game film, and they rarely set one another up, so trying to spin it as some kind of complementary relationship is disingenuous. First of all, the sample size is a lot smaller than the floor time Parker/Kawhi have had (meaning less game film for the opponent's to study) and secondly, the elephant in the room here is the fact that Manu will often check in with Patty.

Take a look here at lineups 3 and 4, which are two of the best lineups the Spurs have that have played any significant minutes together. Both lineups are nearly identical in minutes and personnel, expect one has Tony and the other Patty:

http://stats.nba.com/league/lineups/#!/advanced/?Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612759&sort=MIN&dir=1

The Tony lineup is 2 ratings point better.

Patty "excels" alongside Kawhi is a lot of Frankenstein and experimental lineups, lineups that don't have large enough sample sizes to draw any meaningful conclusions and that are too gimmicky to work long term.

The Patty makes Kawhi better myth is one the stupidest ideas on this site.

Parker's so focussed on trying to find LMA early in the games that he doesn't even look for Kawhi for entire quarters. Like you say, Kawhi plays a lot more minutes with him so it's killing his offense. That's most on Pop, but on Parker too.

Patty doesn't make Kawhi better but he's a more willing passer than Parker and since Patty doesn't excel at P&Rs/Pops with the bigs like him, Kawhi can get the ball and to be aggressive.

That's the reason why Kawhi scores more, shoots more, and drives more with Patty on the court than Parker.

If Parker's the third option on this team should start playing like one instead of looking for his own shots when the #1a/1b option asks him for the ball.

bic50
03-21-2016, 10:36 PM

Funny how you got people here fooled that you're an actual spurs fan.
Got to give you credit for that. But to some it's obvious you're a fraudulent bitch

midnightpulp
03-21-2016, 10:38 PM
Parker's so focussed on trying to find LMA early in the games that he doesn't even look for Kawhi for entire quarters. Like you say, Kawhi plays a lot more minutes with him so it's killing his offense. That's most on Pop, but on Parker too.

Patty doesn't make Kawhi better but he's a more willing passer than Parker and since Patty doesn't excel at P&Rs/Pops with the bigs like him, Kawhi can get the ball and to be aggressive.

That's the reason why Kawhi scores more, shoots more, and drives more with Patty on the court than Parker.

If Parker's the third option on this team should start playing like one instead of looking for his own shots when the #1a/1b option asks him for the ball.

Kawhi usually gets the ball from Manu in those situations.

Common set in a Manu/Kawhi/Patty lineup:

Patty dribbles it up and then hands it off to Manu top of the 3 point line. Patty runs a curl to the weakside off ball to draw away his defender as Kawhi either stays at the Bowen corner (to wait for a drive and kick from Manu) or he flashes to the post in which Manu will find him.

Most of the time, it's not Patty and Kawhi playing some kind of 2 man game. And yes, LMA is off the floor in that lineup, so it stands to reason Kawhi is going to get more touches.

Anyhow, Kawhi/Tony isn't the problem right now. It's the lack of consistency from Green, Patty, Boris, and Manu. The Spurs won't win too many high profile/playoff games when those 4 flip flop from 25-30 combined points a night to 7-10 combined points.

Ice009
03-21-2016, 10:43 PM
I'll post what I posted in the game thread about him.

Kawhi just doesn't have it in crunch time. He doesn't have a dribble drive game to get to the rim and he has no confidence in his 3 point shot. Fucking atrocious, always passing up open 3s to take a couple of dribbles in for a long two. I'm a shooter, and if I was able to shoot 47% in the NBA from 3, I sure as fuck would be taking every open 3 point shot that I got with a massive smile on my face. If I could dribble (I can't), I'd either shoot the 3 or take it to the rack if I could see a pathway there. I don't understand his reluctance to take the open shot. Either shoot the 3 or try and dribble in deep and get to the rim. I don't understand why he always has to take those long 2s. I'm not a fan of that.

Ice009
03-21-2016, 10:48 PM
Pop did everything tonight to get Kawhi out rhythm.
Sat him most 2nd quarter, just play two minutes. In the 4th quarter Kawhi re-entered remaining just 7 minutes when he didn't even play many minutes in the whole first half...That and Parker ball hog and most of P&Rs with the bigs is a real problem for his offense, tbh.

I appreciate it when Parker has it going, but the main flaw I see with him is that he gets greedy. If he starts scoring, it's like he feels that he should keep going. I'd still like him to balance it out a bit more. He's not the 1A option anymore and I think he needs to realize this and not force his offense when he has it going. He forces it a bit when he has it going.

TheGreatYacht
03-21-2016, 10:49 PM

bic50
03-21-2016, 10:55 PM

Kawhi just doesn't have it in crunch time. He doesn't have a dribble drive game to get to the rim and he has no confidence in his 3 point shot. Fucking atrocious, always passing up open 3s to take a couple of dribbles in for a long two. I'm a shooter, and if I was able to shoot 47% in the NBA from 3, I sure as fuck would be taking every open 3 point shot that I got with a massive smile on my face. If I could dribble (I can't), I'd either shoot the 3 or take it to the rack if I could see a pathway there. I don't understand his reluctance to take the open shot. Either shoot the 3 or try and dribble in deep and get to the rim. I don't understand why he always has to take those long 2s. I'm not a fan of that.

It's hard to tell what it is. He looked like a completely different player in that Orlando and pelicans game when he was shooting those 3s in crunchtime. He just looked way more confident.

YGWHI
03-21-2016, 11:02 PM
Kawhi usually gets the ball from Manu in those situations.

Common set in a Manu/Kawhi/Patty lineup:

Patty dribbles it up and then hands it off to Manu top of the 3 point line. Patty runs a curl to the weakside off ball to draw away his defender as Kawhi either stays at the Bowen corner (to wait for a drive and kick from Manu) or he flashes to the post in which Manu will find him.

Most of the time, it's not Patty and Kawhi playing some kind of 2 man game. And yes, LMA is off the floor in that lineup, so it stands to reason Kawhi is going to get more touches.

Sometimes Patty gives the ball to Kawhi to initiate the offense, can't remember when was the last time Parker did it, tbh.

Anyhow, Kawhi/Tony isn't the problem right now. It's the lack of consistency from Green, Patty, Boris, and Manu. The Spurs won't win too many high profile/playoff games when those 4 flip flop from 25-30 combined points a night to 7-10 combined points.

Not getting Kawhi more involved is a real issue.

Talking about lack of consistency, you want to go to Parker, he was great in the first half and not too much in the 2nd half, that's why I rather to have him more than a facilitator than a scorer because it's likely he gets tired in the last minutes of a game.

The Spurs won't win many games in playoffs if Parker/other-guys-not-named-LMA take more shots than Kawhi.

midnightpulp
03-21-2016, 11:04 PM
Sometimes Patty gives the ball to Kawhi to initiate the offense, can't remember when was the last time Parker did it, tbh.

Not getting Kawhi more involved is a real issue.

Talking about lack of consistency, you want to go to Parker, he was great in the first half and not too much in the 2nd half, that's why I rather to have him more than a facilitator than a scorer because it's likely he gets tired in the last minutes of a game.

The Spurs won't win many games in playoffs if Parker/other-guys-not-named-LMA take more shots than Kawhi.

:lol Of course it is. It's always about mah Kiwi not gettn bawl :cry

spursistan
03-21-2016, 11:09 PM
By high stake standards, Kawhi had also a tame game vs the Dubs..We"ll see, but hopefully this minor hiccup because he had terrific February and start of March..

HarlemHeat37
03-21-2016, 11:11 PM
It was a very poor effort, overall..

That was the least effort and energy I've seen Leonard and Green play with, this season..

03-21-2016, 11:14 PM

It's the chicken shit in him.

YGWHI
03-21-2016, 11:15 PM
I appreciate it when Parker has it going, but the main flaw I see with him is that he gets greedy. If he starts scoring, it's like he feels that he should keep going. I'd still like him to balance it out a bit more. He's not the 1A option anymore and I think he needs to realize this and not force his offense when he has it going. He forces it a bit when he has it going.

Couldn't agree more.

midnightpulp
03-21-2016, 11:26 PM

That was the least effort and energy I've seen Leonard and Green play with, this season..

My theory here is they were probably fatigued mentally and physically after the Golden State game, Danny especially, since he was EVERYWHERE in that game on defense.

This is also another primary reason why I'm advocating so hard for that 3rd scorer. Danny will likely be an offensive non-factor against GS and shoot terribly, because he won't have the legs after chasing Curry/Klay around for 35 minutes per game. Kawhi, too, might not have the legs to score the needed 20-25 points per game we're going to need from him since he'll be tasked with a big defensive load, as well.

So where is the (consistent) scoring going to come from? The Committee? :lol This 15 points one game, 4 points the next shit from Mills, Manu, Boris, etc isn't going to get it done. Those three need to routinely combine for 30ish points per game. I honestly don't think they can. So Parker is the last hope. He's a penetrator, and watching Saturday's game, once you get into the lane vs. Golden State, their lack of shotblocking rears its head. Wardell is also a terrible defender (I don't care what his DRPM is. Result of team defense) and was struggling to stay in front of Parker/Mills.

In addition to that, LMA was also d-ing up like motherfucker on switches Kevin Garnett style, so his offense will naturally take a hit from being gassed on the defensive end.

The Spurs desperately need some complementary scoring. LMA and Kawhi won't be able to sustain that effort on both ends over the series.

YGWHI
03-21-2016, 11:27 PM
:lol Of course it is. It's always about mah Kiwi not gettn bawl :cry

...So Parker is the last hope...

Well, if you think Kawhi doesn't need more FGAs than the other-guys-not-named-LMA...Or Parker against Beverley, Paul/Westbrook, GSW will replace Kawhi's offense in playoffs...I can't help.

You always say this is a player fan thing but I rather to have Kawhi aggressive and involved instead of Parker looking for his own shot.

Why? Because if Kawhi's more involved, he will get his confidence back. And a confident Kawhi is a bigger 3 threat, a better Iso player, younger and more athleticism to finish than Parker at this stage of his career.

Spurs9
03-21-2016, 11:28 PM
https://giant.gfycat.com/PerkyDescriptiveBobwhite.gif

midnightpulp
03-21-2016, 11:36 PM
Well, if you think Kawhi doesn't need more FGAs than the other-guys-not-named-LMA...Or Parker against Beverley, Paul/Westbrook, GSW will replace Kawhi's offense in playoffs I can't help.

You always say this is a player fan thing but I rather to have Kawhi aggressive and involved instead of Parker looking for his own shot.

Why? Because if Kawhi's more involved, he will get his confidence back. And a confident Kawhi is a bigger 3 threat, a better Iso player, younger and more athleticism to finish than Parker at this stage of his career.

You're not living in the real world if you think Kawhi and LMA are always going to take more shots than the other players. Believe it or not, sometimes Derek Fisher took more shots than Kobe. It happens. Your criticism also doesn't hold water because Kawhi's usage relative to Parker's isn't a problem. And I also don't know how many times I have to point out the fact that Parker's front court touches are pretty low for a starting point guard and that Kawhi's front court touches are in line with other star wings who aren't primary ball handlers (like Lebron). Kawhi gets the ball plenty.

I also don't see how shifting the blame to Parker/lack of Kawhi touches being a "problem" holds water when the starting lineup, in a strange inversion of earlier in the season, has been killing opponents, while the bench+Danny Green have been mediocre offensively.

This is a player fan thing. You want Kawhi to have a prettier PPG and falsely perceive Parker as the player hindering him from increasing it.

YGWHI
03-22-2016, 12:05 AM
You're not living in the real world if you think Kawhi and LMA are always going to take more shots than the other players. Believe it or not, sometimes Derek Fisher took more shots than Kobe. It happens.
Can't remember when Fisher took more shots than Kobe for an entire playoffs series.

Your criticism also doesn't hold water because Kawhi's usage relative to Parker's isn't a problem.
It's a problem since Blazers game.

I also don't see how shifting the blame to Parker/lack of Kawhi touches being a "problem" holds water when the starting lineup, in a strange inversion of earlier in the season, has been killing opponents
Well, Parker getting more touches than Kawhi didn't kill Hornets. Keeping Kawhi cold/out rhythm doesn't seem that good...

This is a player fan thing. You want Kawhi to have a prettier PPG and falsely perceive Parker as the player hindering him from increasing it.
You act like if Kawhi has lower PPG will help this team to win games.

Hoops Czar
03-22-2016, 12:35 AM
Spurs offense is way too predictable We're in Mid March and the offense hasn't improved one bit since the start of the season. You can't beat a historically great team like the Warriors with just two options on offense. Green's been neutered by the Spurs slow pace; Diaw doesn't care; Mills's shooting is night and day; vending machine head is just so laughably lost on both ends of the court; Ginobili is just plain struggling; It's mid March and Pop is still tinkering with rotations which tells me he's still searching for clues. The team has struggled on the road all year. And then posters here wonder why the media doesn't give them a snowball's chance in hell of beating the Warriors in the playoffs. :lol

midnightpulp
03-22-2016, 12:38 AM
Can't remember when Fisher took more shots than Kobe for an entire playoffs series.

When was this? If you're referring to 12, 13, 14, Kawhi obviously wasn't yet an offensive focal point, so it's not fair to use those seasons as an example.

It's a problem since Blazers game.

How is there any "problem" (re: Blazers game in which Tony took two more shots than Leonard) when our starters crushed theirs? Every starting Spur had a +/- north of 15.

Our starters also beat Golden State's by a decent margin. They also beat Charlotte's.

This is the kind of bullshit logic that convinces me you're a player fan. You want Parker relegated to a glorified Derek Fisher role where he just dribbles the ball up, throws it to Kawhi, and looks on. When you see an 8-16 from Tony vis a vis an 8-11 from Kawhi, a game in which the Spurs probably won by 20, you think, "Aw shucks. Those shots should've gone to Kawhi so he could increase his PPG." Sometimes Tony has a matchup advantage. Sometimes Kawhi is being ball denied all game. Sometimes Kawhi is being swarmed. Sometimes Kawhi looks to playmake. Tony taking more shots than Kawhi has a lot more factors to it than just Tony "looking for his to spite Kawhi."

Well, Parker getting more touches than Kawhi didn't kill Hornets. Keeping Kawhi cold/out rhythm doesn't seem that good...

Parker actually had the highest +/- for the game. And Kawhi (and LMA) was probably fatigued/drained from the Warriors game, so Pop might've looked for a balanced offensive attack from the starters. And it worked. But keep neglecting the fact that your boys Danny, Boris, Manu, and Patty shot a combined 2-20. Yeah, that had nothing to do with this loss. It was because Tony made Kawhi go cold somehow :lol Always Tony's fault, isn't it?

You act like if Kawhi has lower PPG will help this team to win games.

It might. It depends. Kawhi and LMA getting more offensive support will make the offense much more dynamic and less one dimensional. It will also take a much needed load off of those two. You have to remember both players are also central to the team's defense. That said, I don't care what Kawhi's PPG is. As long as the offense is good overall, he can average 50 or 10 for all I care. You obviously do care, and want a pretty number on his stat sheet because you're a player fan.

Hoops Czar
03-22-2016, 12:42 AM

Would you say it was a historically poor effort overall? Who would you rank higher.... The Broncos historical defense or the Spurs historical defense that couldn't even slow down Jeremy Fucking Lin? Also, you haven't been watching much of Danny Green if you think this is the worst he's looked effort wise this season. :lol

DenialTwist
03-22-2016, 01:16 AM

Exactly. It's more noticeable now though. Parker clearly ignored him from the jump and iced him out of the offense. The leading scorer should not be relegated to the three point line. There should be more pick n roll with LMA and Duncan. Parker had so many turnovers, forced a lot of shots and tried to hero ball which dug the team into a hole. Frustrating to watch. Spurs fans are in denial. How hard is it for Parker to give Kawhi the ball?

SayTown
03-22-2016, 02:05 AM
Why get reward when your d sucks
No I think this is on Kawhi, Tony was hot and the team was rolling on offense early and even though he wasn't a part of that he should have still stayed engaged which he didn't.

YGWHI
03-22-2016, 02:19 AM
This is the kind of bullshit logic that convinces me you're a player fan. You want Parker relegated to a glorified Derek Fisher role where he just dribbles the ball up, throws it to Kawhi, and looks on.
If Parker scoring in the season comes at expense of the offense and development of the best player on the team, that is NOT good.

Just imagine if Curry/Klay, Russ/KD, LeBron/Irving, Lowry/DeRozan, take less shots than the #3 option for 3/4 consecutive games...

We are talking about the best player on the team is taking less shots in the last games, and you say it's not a big deal.

Parker actually had the highest +/- for the game.

+/-? For real? What a nice measure of a player performance! Of course, you're 100% reliant on +/- stats.

Stop trolling.

YGWHI
03-22-2016, 02:29 AM
I don't care what Kawhi's PPG is. As long as the offense is good overall, he can average 50 or 10 for all I care.

Like the offense has a chance to be good if Kawhi scores 10 ppg...

I wonder how many games do you think the Spurs can win with Kawhi scoring 10 points. 60? 70? 80?

Really. Stop trolling.

Kawhitstorm
03-22-2016, 03:16 AM

Danny/Patty/Manu got destroyed by Lin/Lee: 2/15 (7 pts):lol vs. 19/31 (46 pts):wow

midnightpulp
03-22-2016, 06:38 AM
If Parker scoring in the season comes at expense of the offense and development of the best player on the team, that is NOT good.

:lol Yeah, Parker has been such a detriment to Kawhi's development it's not like Leonard isn't a top 5 player in the league. I get it, though, You won't be satisfied until Tony 100% defers to Kawhi, Derek Fisher style. You want that sexy PPG, I understand.

And on this point, I don't want Kawhi's "development" coming at the expense of the team. As I've said before, you're going to have to deal with the fact that Kawhi has been on a contender from day 1, and never, will never, have the freedom to just dominate the ball for the purpose of "developing." That said, I'm okay with how Kawhi's development has progressed. Isn't he an MVP candidate?

Just imagine if Curry/Klay, Russ/KD, LeBron/Irving, Lowry/DeRozan, take less shots than the #3 option for 3/4 consecutive games...

Those players don't play on the Spurs. Even when Duncan was the clear cut number one through 98-07, there were many, many games in which Robinson, Manu, and Parker had more shots. You focus on shot attempts way too fuckin' much. Also, developing as a player has more to do with than just "gettn bawl."

We are talking about the best player on the team is taking less shots in the last games, and you say it's not a big deal.

It isn't when the starters have decidedly been outplaying the opposing starters.

+/-? For real? What a nice measure of a player performance! Of course, you're 100% reliant on +/- stats.

I don't need to use it. Just watch the games. Our starters have been on a roll the past month or so. It's the bench that's mysteriously gotten inconsistent.

Again, this all boils down to you wanting to see your favorite player "go to work."

midnightpulp
03-22-2016, 06:45 AM
Like the offense has a chance to be good if Kawhi scores 10 ppg...

I wonder how many games do you think the Spurs can win with Kawhi scoring 10 points. 60? 70? 80?

Really. Stop trolling.

Nice strawman. Read more carefully. Kawhi's PPG doesn't matter to me as long as the overall offense looks good. Of course, for this current iteration of the offense to look good, Kawhi will have score 18-20ish points most nights, but the Spurs are a pretty deep team, and there will be games in which the Spurs offense rolls even with Kawhi disengaged from the offense. It's not the end of the fuckin' world if he has streaks where the 3rd option is getting a few more shots than him. But your fanboy bias won't allow you to see otherwise, since you watch the Spurs to watch Kawhi, and when he's not the main feature of the team, you're disappointed and lash out at Tony or whomever for "neglecting" him.

Again, I get it. You want to watch your favorite player. I just want to watch the Spurs win. Doesn't matter to me what Kawhi's line is.

wildbill2u
03-22-2016, 11:13 AM
Since Kawhi is our best player, he is most often going to be doubleteamed when he gets the ball. The answer to a double team is not to try to bull forward every time. A great player like Duncan in his prime and Lebron James learns to pass off to the open man. They know their shots will come--and be better shots for them when some of the defensive attention is forced away from them and over to a team mate who is scoring by being left open.

Tony has been doing a good job of passing the ball and giving up his scoring when the shots aren't there. It's a change for him but he is adapting pretty well. On the other hand, we need at least 3 scorers to keep the court spaced and with Green having a terrible stretch of shooting, someone else on the starting five has to pick up the slack when Kwahi is doubleteamed or so tightly guarded that it is hard to get him the ball. He does not move without the ball instinctively in order to get open, tends to get on the side and wait for a pass.

It's all working out great. LMA having his best season and Kwahi doing his defensive thing while still getting his points average up. Everyone needs to chill out.

K...
03-22-2016, 11:49 AM
Role players need to be set up. Stars will their teams to win even in shit road games. Was kawhi gassed? Maybe, I don't see many people saying that. Maybe he really is a role player. Nice defense, a few skills on O, but can't dominate games unless he has a clear advantage or gets into a groove.

loveforthegame
03-22-2016, 12:14 PM
I don't know why they've gone away from him in the post. He's dominant down there. He's handling the double/triple teams so much better.

Portland he barely got the ball because of the two man game with Parker-LMA. Legit option that was working. But Leonard had like 3-5 shot attempts in the first half. He started knocking down 3s in the second half so it didn't look so bad.

Thunder game he was more active. Not in the post so much but running the offense at the top of 3 point line. Especially the second half. He was running pick/rolls, pick/pops, etc...

GS game he was either parked on the 3 point line or used as a screener. Barely involved. LMA and Diaw were in the post which again legit options that were working. But that doesn't mean Leonard shouldn't get some looks there. Hesitant as hell. Mixed results with pick/pop and pick/roll. Only play I can think was ran for him was like 3 minutes left in the game. Diaw in the high post with Leonard curling around that led to ft attempts.

Same in the Hornets game. No post action, no screens, no pick/pop, etc.. Too many pump fakes, too indecisive, then forced shots

Teams are looking for the lob but when is the last time they even looked for that option?

Leonard needs to kick the indecisiveness to the curb. No excuses there. But they need to get him involved early again.

Obstructed_View
03-22-2016, 01:39 PM
You mean like a small cleft, slit, or fissure that provides a weak spot that may leave one vulnerable.

Yeah, but that's not the right word. Whatever. :)

GSH
03-22-2016, 02:46 PM
Yeah, but that's not the right word. Whatever. :)

I'm not sure what you're getting at. All I know is that Kawhi looked a little slow, like he had some kind of gook on his shoes. Or more like he was on an uphill slope. He just couldn't zip down the floor. I don't know... maybe he had a nip of something before the game.

I. Hustle
03-22-2016, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure what you're getting at. All I know is that Kawhi looked a little slow, like he had some kind of gook on his shoes. Or more like he was on an uphill slope. He just couldn't zip down the floor. I don't know... maybe he had a nip of something before the game.

I took a picture of this near his seat at the bench.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8UZyT6v9iYA/hqdefault.jpg

YGWHI
03-23-2016, 02:22 PM
Again, I get it. You want to watch your favorite player. I just want to watch the Spurs win. Doesn't matter to me what Kawhi's line is.
I wonder why you think the Spurs have many chances to win if Kawhi doesn't have a good game/line.

I don't want Kawhi's "development" coming at the expense of the team.
Since there won't be a team without Kawhi when Tim/Manu retire, I find his development crucial to the success of the Spurs.

Still don't get why you think is not important to get Kawhi involved.
If Kawhi's a big part of the Spurs offense, you should be worried about the lack of plays for him in the first half.

Since Blazers game we saw a lot of Parker/LMA action but the team didn't mix it up with Kawhi plays in the first quarters. That resulted in Kawhi becoming tentative and out of rhythm, a very expectable issue.

If Parker tries 4/5 P&Rs/pops with LMA in the first quarter, why he can't run at least 1/2 plays for Kawhi to get him involved in the same quarter?

Portland he barely got the ball because of the two man game with Parker-LMA. Legit option that was working. But Leonard had like 3 shot attempts in the first half.

GS game he was either parked on the 3 point line or used as a screener. Barely involved. LMA and Diaw were in the post which again legit options that were working. But that doesn't mean Leonard shouldn't get some looks there ...Only play I can think was ran for him was like 3 minutes left in the game

:tu

Dex
03-23-2016, 02:50 PM

:lmao Subtle.