PDA

View Full Version : 2 PG lineups, No main defenders on Lin until like 3 mins left, playing fathead

dabom
03-21-2016, 08:16 PM
Keeping Kawhi on the bench until we are down 2 in the 7:30 minute of the fourth. :lmao

dabom
03-21-2016, 08:17 PM
Not playing through Kawhi last except the last minute. He has to force up shots because he gets no respect from Pop for a play. :lmao

dabom
03-21-2016, 08:18 PM
Not putting your best player on the floor in the last set play. :lmao

ChumpDumper
03-21-2016, 08:18 PM
Man, instant deflection thread.

Kawhi must've had a bad night.

Agloco
03-21-2016, 08:19 PM
This was a dogshit loss. It's the uninspired play that really bugs me.

dabom
03-21-2016, 08:19 PM
I don't think you know what a bad night is. :lmao

EVAY
03-21-2016, 08:20 PM
Keeping Kawhi on the bench until we are down 2 in the 7:30 minute of the fourth. :lmao

Kawhi was off all night. He was shooting 40% through most of the game.

dabom
03-21-2016, 08:20 PM
Pop throwing this game with shitty coaching. :lmao

Obstructed_View
03-21-2016, 08:21 PM
Kyle played 7 minutes, all in the first half.

dabom

You go to your best player you stupid fuck. :lmao

EVAY
Pop throwing this game with shitty coaching. :lmao

Now this is fair. Pop coached the hell out of the last game. This one - none.

Vokun
Pop is a fucking bitch tbh. Dude's been outcoached by some of the sorriest coaches the past 2 years

EVAY
03-21-2016, 08:22 PM

No, asshole - you go with your best player THAT NIGHT!!! It wasn't Kawhi tonight. Stop being such a player fan.

TD 21
Yeah, Leonard had a bizarre lack of energy/focus tonight, but still. He often plays too much; tonight too little. Inexplicably not riding Duncan for more minutes, in one of his best games since before his knee injury and even Martin. He didn't actually play well, but he was scoring and these are the exact types of games they need him for.

ChumpDumper
I don't think you know what a bad night is. :lmaoMore deflection.

He had a bad night.

It's OK. Your life doesn't depend on it.

Does it?

dabom
03-21-2016, 08:23 PM
More deflection.

He had a bad night.

It's OK. Your life doesn't depend on it.

Does it?

your low BB IQ opinion. :lol

ChumpDumper
03-21-2016, 08:24 PM
your low BB IQ opinion. :lolAre you OK? Are you going to die because Kawhi had a bad night?

keeferob25
03-21-2016, 08:26 PM
I'm downright sick of fucking Kyle. I don't want to see him anymore. He's totally useless with Manu (or in general). But i'm mostly sick of him having a wide open 3 and instead dribbling into the defense which doesn't benefit us in any way. He singlehandedly spurred a 4 point swing by getting his shit stuffed and that's literally when they began building confidence.

Obstructed_View
03-21-2016, 08:27 PM
You fucking dumbasses don't want Tony Parker looking for his own shot at the end of games, this is what you get.

spurtech09
The whole team had a bad night.....

apalisoc_9
Yeah, Leonard had a bizarre lack of energy/focus tonight, but still. He often plays too much; tonight too little. Inexplicably not riding Duncan for more minutes, in one of his best games since before his knee injury and even Martin. He didn't actually play well, but he was scoring and these are the exact types of games they need him for.

Classic case of overcoaching. Probably pops biggest weakness and imo a product of him being able to do whatever the hell he wants. Even the last lineup to tie the game was questionable. Leonard still has crazy gravity and its not like he was playing poorly in the 2nd half. Parker actually hit a few shots. The alternatives were piss poor. Martin over green on that last play would have made a lot of sense too.

Ive been on the record saying that pop is the best coach ever because of how he has influenced modern organizations, but god damn is he a mediocre in game coach. Always has been.

ChumpDumper
03-21-2016, 08:28 PM
Coach Vegan Applesauce.

dabom
03-21-2016, 08:28 PM
You fucking dumbasses don't want Tony Parker looking for his own shot at the end of games, this is what you get.

360 from the post shot into nothing with like 2 minues left. :lmao

honestfool84
03-21-2016, 08:31 PM
daboom thread sucking off Kawhi.. Again. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

dabom
03-21-2016, 08:33 PM
daboom thread sucking off Kawhi.. Again. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I know you need to reply to me because I always own you in the IQ department but chill brah. :lol

K...
03-21-2016, 09:09 PM
HOLY FUCK< WHY WONT POP LET KAWHI PLAY PG,C, PF, Coach, ALL AT ONCE......KEEP THE FAGGOT PLAYERS ON THEBENCH

Kawhi only needs to play 4 positions b/c patty is totally ready for 100% of the pg minutes. Dabom is baskteball genius , promising poster, 2016 forum all star....

dabom
03-21-2016, 09:11 PM
HOLY FUCK< WHY WONT POP LET KAWHI PLAY PG,C, PF, Coach, ALL AT ONCE......KEEP THE FAGGOT PLAYERS ON THEBENCH

Kawhi only needs to play 4 positions b/c patty is totally ready for 100% of the pg minutes. Dabom is baskteball genius , promising poster, 2016 forum all star....

Do you wanna compare stats between the whole season and not one game? :lol

$pursDynasty
03-21-2016, 09:32 PM
This loss isn't on Kiwi or TP, it is on the bench that didn't show up on the road and Pop who refused to do anything about it until it was too late.

SpursBig3s
03-21-2016, 10:45 PM

duh, LMA

TrainOfThought5
03-21-2016, 10:47 PM
Pop called a shitty game. it didnt help that he didnt have Rasual Butler to bail out Danny Green so we had to keep throwing Parker at Jeremy Lin.

james evans
03-21-2016, 11:01 PM
Pop is a fucking bitch tbh. Dude's been outcoached by some of the sorriest coaches the past 2 years
he wsn't outcoached. He just didn't care. I dont think he wants the #1 seed. This game basically locked us in for #2 unless GS has a complete breakdown. Did you see the lineups he was going with? After a timeout, he ran a great play that led to an open leonard layup. He just didn't give a fuck. It's regular season. He seems to like that okc mathcup better than the clippers matchup

YGWHI
03-21-2016, 11:39 PM

Parker was great in the first half but not too much in the 2nd. He missed a lot more shots in the last quarters than the 1st q...Maybe that's the reason why people don't want him looking for his own shot at the end of games.

TampaDude
03-21-2016, 11:45 PM
Dump city...CIA Pop for sure...R E L A X.

YGWHI
03-21-2016, 11:52 PM
So Pop punished him for his poor shooting with less minutes and plays...But is that a good reason to let Lin go supernova?

IIRC Kawhi stole the ball from him in one possession, also Lin scored on Kawhi in just one play. Who knows but it seems like he did a better job on him than the rest of the guys, why not put Kawhi on Lin more minutes?

Kawhitstorm
03-22-2016, 12:01 AM
IIRC Kawhi stole the ball from him in one possession, also Lin scored on Kawhi in just one play. Who knows but it seems like he did a better job on him than the rest of the guys, why not put Kawhi on Lin more minutes?

WvMmoVJ6L10

YGWHI
03-22-2016, 12:07 AM
WvMmoVJ6L10

Nice find.

SAGirl
03-22-2016, 12:52 AM
Kyle played 7 minutes, all in the first half.
Frankly I am glad that he didn't play in the second and I would have been happy if he didn't play at all bc the results would have been the same. The loss was not on him. Too many of the real guys that win you games played poorly.
Crazy deflection to blame him for this.

SAGirl
03-22-2016, 12:53 AM

+100

will_spurs
03-22-2016, 05:05 AM

kaji157
03-22-2016, 06:51 AM
The truth is Rasual Butler being cut was not the best thing we could do basketball wise, and it showed.
Anderson is not always ready and Green is still a liability.

On the other hand pop went super mad scientist when it was really unnecessary.

I also put some blame on Manu, 3 TO in 20 minutes when all the bench is sucking but only 3 shoots, he just have to shoot more when he sees no one gets going, he has the mental edge to support a slump, others like Dany or PAtty will never recover.

kaji157
03-22-2016, 06:54 AM
Parker was great in the first half but not too much in the 2nd. He missed a lot more shots in the last quarters than the 1st q...Maybe that's the reason why people don't want him looking for his own shot at the end of games.

Its the history of his life, the most unclutch player the Spurs ever seen compared to his "rest of the game".

SAGirl
03-22-2016, 07:00 AM
The fathead did it by himself from the bench! Play Boban, play Simmons, send Danny to the dleague to work on that shot. Start K.Mart.
:madrun

Atl Spur
03-22-2016, 09:17 AM
Let's be clear people.....Pop threw this game! Some of those lineups and attention (lack there of) to detail was so see through!! I won't profess to know the motive etc..... but is clear as day that was a total blown game by pop. Dabom may have not communicated his position in the most constructive manner but I agree a 1000% with him.

JeffDuncan
03-22-2016, 11:11 AM
Shudda put Bonner on Lin!

Obstructed_View
03-22-2016, 01:39 PM

Yes, it's all very logical and rational.

TD 21
03-22-2016, 04:56 PM
Classic case of overcoaching. Probably pops biggest weakness and imo a product of him being able to do whatever the hell he wants. Even the last lineup to tie the game was questionable. Leonard still has crazy gravity and its not like he was playing poorly in the 2nd half. Parker actually hit a few shots. The alternatives were piss poor. Martin over green on that last play would have made a lot of sense too.

Ive been on the record saying that pop is the best coach ever because of how he has influenced modern organizations, but god damn is he a mediocre in game coach. Always has been.

Yeah, that was bizarre too. .4, they obviously needed a three and he's got two non three-point shooting bigs on the floor, in Duncan and Aldridge, but not his best three-point shooter (based on this season), in Leonard.

Pop's ATO's, late in close games, have been appalling the past two years. He's also now become a parody of himself and not just in the in between quarter interviews of national TV games. His latest shtick is either to barely or not at all playing the big three in the fourth, even when it makes sense to. It's like he wants that story to catch on nationally, so that he can be lauded even more for being a supposed genius.

K...
03-22-2016, 05:00 PM
Yeah, that was bizarre too. .4, they obviously needed a three and he's got two non three-point shooting bigs on the floor, in Duncan and Aldridge, but not his best three-point shooter (based on this season), in Leonard.

Pop's ATO's, late in close games, have been appalling the past two years. He's also now become a parody of himself and not just in the in between quarter interviews of national TV games. His latest shtick is either to barely or not at all playing the big three in the fourth, even when it makes sense to. It's like he wants that story to catch on nationally, so that he can be lauded even more for being a supposed genius.

Excuse me, but which big 3?

TD 21
03-22-2016, 05:19 PM
Excuse me, but which big 3?

I was trying to be succinct. As if it wasn't obvious though; it's not like this current team features one.

J_Paco
03-23-2016, 12:19 AM

Martin got benched in the second half because of his putrid off-ball defense. I think Jeremy Lamb scored on him on two consecutive trips for Charlotte. They were intentionally attacking Martin because they know how poor he is on D.

Other than with Kawhi, I don't see how he can be on the floor with Ginobili (2 below average/poor perimeter defenders) or Green (shitty offensive player + shitty defensive player = bad) consistenly. He might be a better player (which debatable at this point) and shooter, but Butler was a better fit with better size (6'7", 225 lbs) and better defense. That ship has passed and we have to live with Martin being the fourth wing player, unfortunately.

Kawhitstorm
03-23-2016, 12:29 AM
Martin got benched in the second half because of his putrid off-ball defense. I think Jeremy Lamb scored on him on two consecutive trips for Charlotte. They were intentionally attacking Martin because they know how poor he is on D.

He has the same issue as Simmons, he gets picked off easily & gets lost if he's guarding someone off the ball otherwise he has a good enough foot-speed & length to guard someone on the ball.

AFMadison
03-23-2016, 12:43 AM
Pop living rent free

SAGirl
03-23-2016, 12:48 PM

Other than with Kawhi, I don't see how he can be on the floor with Ginobili (2 below average/poor perimeter defenders) or Green (shitty offensive player + shitty defensive player = bad) consistenly. He might be a better player (which debatable at this point) and shooter, but Butler was a better fit with better size (6'7", 225 lbs) and better defense. That ship has passed and we have to live with Martin being the fourth wing player, unfortunately.
Butler was more of a 4 for Pop. He really lacked lateral quickness at this stage and git blown by. However, he was terrific on help defense, and off the ball, and that is a major + for a Pop player. I think Pop was forced to play him as a wing bc Simmons blew his chance and lost trust.

I agree with you on how to hide Martin. He's seen time with the starters the most. I think he could be subbed when Mills or Manu are not giving you much offensively bc the two if them are offensive players who lately have been prone to giving us zilch scoring.

YGWHI
03-23-2016, 02:40 PM

Agree. But since KM enters the game for Kawhi, every second unit lineup with him is horrible on D.

YGWHI
03-23-2016, 02:46 PM
Yes, it's all very logical and rational.

Logical, rational, and a very expectable issue.

At his age it's likely he gets tired in the last minutes of the game, that's why we saw good first halfs and some weak 2nd's with him losing the ball or missing shots.

TD 21
03-23-2016, 04:28 PM

I said, "he didn't actually play well". Sometimes, in 82 games, you need a defenseless scoring guard, who can occasionally come in, catch fire and help get you through games like this. Or they can just keep laboring to score, on the road, against plus .500 teams.

It depends on the match-ups and how the game is going, but Martin can occasionally be on the floor with Ginobili the same way Barry, Mason, Neal and Belinelli could. He's a more natural fit with Green. If either is an issue though, Green can come back in for Leonard late first/third - beginning second/fourth and Martin can come in for Ginobili, at roughly 10, second/fourth.

Martin over Butler was and is a no brainer.

J_Paco
03-23-2016, 05:03 PM
Agree. But since KM enters the game for Kawhi, every second unit lineup with him is horrible on D.

Exactly, whatever Manu decides to do, the Spurs need to find another wing player that can defend. For this season/post season, I expect Leonard to play near 40 minutes (38 - 40) a night with Green getting 30 - 35 unless he's stinking it up on offense.

I said, "he didn't actually play well". Sometimes, in 82 games, you need a defenseless scoring guard, who can occasionally come in, catch fire and help get you through games like this. Or they can just keep laboring to score, on the road, against plus .500 teams.

Yes, the Jamal Crawford, Gary Neal and Kevin Martin's of the world are needed at times, but Neal was around when Ginobili was still a serviceable defender. That was 3 years and various lower body injuries ago, meaning Manu can't be expected to create offense and defend the best perimeter scorer (unless it is Jamal Crawford) on the opposing team. And that is not even considering the ramifications for when the Spurs go "small ball" and Martin or Ginobili have to play the 3.

The thought of Ginobili or Martin trying to defend Iguodala, Green or Barnes for 20 or 30 minutes a night in the post season makes me.......:dizzy:dizzy:dizzy:vomit::vomit::vomit:

TD 21
03-23-2016, 05:26 PM
Yes, the Jamal Crawford, Gary Neal and Kevin Martin's of the world are needed at times, but Neal was around when Ginobili was still a serviceable defender. That was 3 years and various lower body injuries ago, meaning Manu can't be expected to create offense and defend the best perimeter scorer (unless it is Jamal Crawford) on the opposing team. And that is not even considering the ramifications for when the Spurs go "small ball" and Martin or Ginobili have to play the 3.

The thought of Ginobili or Martin trying to defend Iguodala, Green or Barnes for 20 or 30 minutes a night in the post season makes me.......:dizzy:dizzy:dizzy:vomit::vomit::vomit:

Like I said, it's match-up dependent and the times it's an issue or if they don't like it in general, there's a simple rotational fix.

Barring injury, Martin obviously won't be playing 20 or 30 mpg in the post season, let alone against the Warriors. You're overrating all of those players individual offensive ability though, especially Barnes. If they want to milk Barnes against Ginobili, in the post, that's a win for the Spurs.

SAGirl
03-24-2016, 02:59 AM
Exactly, whatever Manu decides to do, the Spurs need to find another wing player that can defend. For this season/post season, I expect Leonard to play near 40 minutes (38 - 40) a night with Green getting 30 - 35 unless he's stinking it up on offense.

Loo

That scenario right there is not going to happen, which is why despite calls to be benched KA will find a few minutes. It's possible both guys are very situational.