PDA

View Full Version : Shoulda kept Jimmer and cut Fathead, tbh...

ElNono
03-21-2016, 08:20 PM
title says it all, tbh

Silver&Black
03-21-2016, 08:24 PM
Spurtacular

Obstructed_View
03-21-2016, 08:24 PM
Yep, those seven minutes really made the difference.

tholdren
03-21-2016, 08:25 PM
Yep, those seven minutes really made the difference.
that minus three he may or may not have accounted for would have tied the game.

Nathan89
03-21-2016, 08:25 PM
So much potential:cry

ElNono
03-21-2016, 08:26 PM
It's not just this game... dude is borderline unplayable, IMO

dabom
OP with the goods tbh.

Atleast Pop doesn't try to experiment with Jimmy on the floor. Bench warmer for life. :lol

spurraider21
not sure if you guys have seen this video, but this is kyle before the draft saying he'd be a perfect fit with the spurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsOXd6jmMOc

ElNono
03-21-2016, 08:27 PM
I should clarify, this season... he's not ready, IMO

timtonymanu
Maybe Fathead needs more mentoring from Butler... oh wait.

dabom
It's not just this game... dude is borderline unplayable, IMO

Shit player vs all the playoff teams. I'm not sure he plays minutes when it matters. Just like tonight when it was a close game and Pop didn't play him.

loveforthegame
03-21-2016, 08:28 PM
:lol

K...
03-21-2016, 08:29 PM
Op with the brave position that 14,th man should be cut from rotation.

I'm inspired for a bold take myself, BRING BACK COJO OVER TRASHY PATTY ILLS MILLS

daledondale
Average player, not Spurs material.

ElNono

I'm inspired for a bold take myself, BRING BACK COJO OVER TRASHY PATTY ILLS MILLS

Let it all out... this is the night, IMO

Obstructed_View
that minus three he may or may not have accounted for would have tied the game.

Then sit Patty Mills and David West. Then it's a blowout.

ElNono
03-21-2016, 08:32 PM
SAGirl don't take it personal... just venting out :lol

GSH
03-21-2016, 08:33 PM
LOL... did not see that coming.

BillMc
03-21-2016, 08:34 PM
Or cut them both and keep Butler.

But seriously Kyle's got potential. Kid is still pretty young.

dabom
03-21-2016, 08:34 PM
Patty Mills is a proven playoff warrior. I never doubt that mofo. :hat

baseline bum
03-21-2016, 08:35 PM

But next season he'll be in the dunk contest and would be able to beat Dick Bavetta up the floor?

ElNono
03-21-2016, 08:36 PM
But next season he'll be in the dunk contest and would be able to beat Dick Bavetta up the floor?

LETS WAIT AND SEE

03-21-2016, 08:37 PM

dabom
03-21-2016, 08:39 PM

I don't know Bill. Can you name atleast 3 things he does well? Not even great. Can he have a hyper role? ex. like 3 and D...

baseline bum
LETS WAIT AND SEE

Bend over. I'll give you something to see.

tholdren
Then sit Patty Mills and David West. Then it's a blowout.
you're exactly correct

SAGirl
SAGirl (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49524) don't take it personal... just venting out :lol
Lol well he's slow and was blocked in transition, but he wasn't the only one. :lol

Then you look at the game others had and I don't think he as the worst Spur tonight, that could be more tragic.

03-21-2016, 08:40 PM
I thought it was a decent pick at the time, but it's becoming more and more aparent his physical defencies will be very tough to overcome.

ElNono
03-21-2016, 08:40 PM
Lol well he's slow and was blocked in transition, but he wasn't the only one. :lol

Then you look at the game others had and I don't think he as the worst Spur tonight, that could be more tragic.

:lol I'll still take him over Jimmer, that was a joke

jeebus
03-21-2016, 08:41 PM
Cut Fat Head and Boner.

Sign Butler and give a pity contract to McGrady.

Win the lobt for them.

Assassinate Errors.

SAGirl
03-21-2016, 08:41 PM

Look forward t Kyle shitting all over Elnono takes. Lol

dabom
03-21-2016, 08:42 PM
Cut Fat Head and Boner.

Sign Butler and give a pity contract to McGrady.

Win the lobt for them.

Assassinate Errors.

Someone needs to make a thread we should have cut fathead and kept butlet. We could have used him tonight.

I don't know Bill. Can you name atleast 3 things he does well? Not even great. Can he have a hyper role? ex. like 3 and D...
He'll never be able to defend NBA wings, but maybe he can speed up his release? Idk dude is useless right now.

baseline bum

In next year's summer league?

ElNono
03-21-2016, 08:43 PM
In next year's summer league?

He'll beat Jimmer there... that'll show me :lol

SAGirl
03-21-2016, 08:43 PM
:lol I'll still take him over Jimmer, that was a joke
Oh I know the part that is sincere and the exaggeration that is the joke.

dabom
03-21-2016, 08:46 PM
He'll never be able to defend NBA wings, but maybe he can speed up his release? Idk dude is useless right now.

Dude is too slow for wings. To small for PFs. He usually can only get wide open rebounds. Never can fight for rebounds. He isn't the playmaker on this team. He can't shoot the three or even 2's over smaller players. No advantage when he has the mismatch.

Slowest release ever. No athleticism.

BillMc
03-21-2016, 08:47 PM

1. He passes well.
2. He draws fouls well (though I don't have the stats to back that claim up).
3. He rebounds well for a guy usually out on the perimeter.

In short, he's a huge point guard that's going to have to be a forward in the NBA. That will take time to change his game. We're hoping for Bobo reincarnated (though he's not nearly as athletic as young Boris) or a poor, poor, poor, poor man's Magic Johnson. I think they want him to be 1) Kawhi's primary backup 2) Eventually replace Manu and Boris as a bench playmaker. This is especially important as Patty is really a mini-shooting guard, not someone to setup the offense. Kyle's got a long way to go, but given he's on a rookie deal, he's cheap enough and young enough to see if he'll blossom.

GSH
03-21-2016, 08:48 PM

Hey, Bavetta is pretty salty. Set a more reasonable target, like gimpy Joey Crawford.

dabom
03-21-2016, 08:49 PM
1. He passes well.

In short, he's a huge point guard that's going to have to be a forward in the NBA. That will take time to change his game. We're hoping for Bobo reincarnated (though he's not nearly as athletic as young Boris) or a poor, poor, poor, poor man's Magic Johnson. I think they want him to be 1) Kawhi's primary backup 2) Eventually replace Manu and Boris as a bench playmaker. This is especially important as Patty is really a mini-shooting guard, not someone to setup the offense. Kyle's got a long way to go, but given he's on a rookie deal, he's cheap enough and young enough to see if he'll blossom.

I don't he is any of those things Bill...

TheGreatYacht
03-21-2016, 08:49 PM
:cry He's a good rebounder :cry - no shit he's 6'10
:cry High bball IQ :cry - really? 3ast 2TO Per36
:cry potential :cry - bs

(oh shit BillMC just basically said this as I was typing this lol, you my nig but he's trash man)

dabom
03-21-2016, 08:52 PM
Most of the time players need to do 2 things when playing for the Spurs.

1 Shoot the 3 ball. Most players are going to be playing off the ball. If you can't do this one you are fucked.

2 Play defense.

He never spaces the floor or ever plays defense and is always subbed out because the Spurs get run over with him on the floor.

ElNono
03-21-2016, 08:53 PM
Most of the time players need to do 2 things when playing for the Spurs.

1 Shoot the 3 ball. Most players are going to be playing off the ball. If you can't do this one you are fucked.

2 Play defense.

He never spaces the floor or ever plays defense and is always subbed out because the Spurs get run over with him on the floor.

There's always a role carrying the luggage for his real NBA teammates, tbh...

dabom
03-21-2016, 08:55 PM

BillMc
03-21-2016, 08:56 PM
I don't he is any of those things Bill...

Well, if so, he'll eventually get cut or included as a bit part in some trade. But on a rookie deal, he's worth the slot. He's probably going to have to show us something by next year though, or he will be in serious jeopardy. Simmons too. (He's on a shorter leash given his high age for a rookie).

The more immediate question is how much will Pop play Kyle n the playoffs and to what effect? I can't answer that my friend. We'll see.

K...
03-21-2016, 08:58 PM
KYLE ALREADY EARNED HIS PAY BY DEFLECTING THE KREWHATE FROM PARKER AFTER A CRUSHING LOSS......MVKYLE

look_at_g_shred
03-21-2016, 08:59 PM
These meltdowns lol

dabom
03-21-2016, 09:01 PM
Well, if so, he'll eventually get cut or included as a bit part in some trade. But on a rookie deal, he's worth the slot. He's probably going to have to show us something by next year though, or he will be in serious jeopardy. Simmons too. (He's on a shorter leash given his high age for a rookie).

The more immediate question is how much will Pop play Kyle n the playoffs and to what effect? I can't answer that my friend. We'll see.

The Spurs always go all in on the rookies. They train them hard. That is not to say he is good because he is getting playing time. The Spurs just need to do their dues through him. He didn't play any minutes vs the Clippers last year. He might get a couple this year. We won't be playing great competition right away.

sasaint
03-21-2016, 09:21 PM
1. He passes well.

Kyle has had stretches where he played some very good team defense. He has also had some games where he boxed out some much bigger more physical guys and rebounded well. He is a good playmaker. He has a very good midrange shot. He has literally spent some time at all 5 positions this, his second season. Pop has not finished experimenting with Kyle to determine where his skill set is maximized, but I do not think Pop intends to use him primarily as a backup 3.

Spurtacular
03-22-2016, 12:24 AM
I was out; only caught highlights. I'll have to watch the game; though, I hate watching known losses.

I said from the outset that Jimmer over Butler or McCallum was the right move. Now, neither are on the team for a reason. I like KA; but I glean that he f'd up somehow tonight. Spurs up 23 against a weak team; no excuse to lose a game like that.

SAGirl
03-22-2016, 12:32 AM
I was out; only caught highlights. I'll have to watch the game; though, I hate watching known losses.

I said from the outset that Jimmer over Butler or McCallum was the right move. Now, neither are on the team for a reason. I like KA; but I glean that he f'd up somehow tonight. Spurs up 23 against a weak team; no excuse to lose a game like that.
All you'll glean is that the Spurs choked. Anderson never played in the second half. The bench was cold, Patty Mills was terrible, and I do mean terrible. Kawhi struggled and shot poorly...
And that this is a deflection thread by Nono to Manu having played 23 minutes and only scoring 3 pts with a few TO.

By the way Danny wasn't very good in this one. Total team meltdown that Kyle was not in. He did play 7 minutes in the first half and they were cold, but a you see in the second half the bad games continued. I am glad he didn't play in the second half bc this really want on him as Pop plays in the second half the guys he though would win him this game.

If you really want to know what killed US it was bad transition defense.

ElNono
03-22-2016, 12:58 AM
All you'll glean is that the Spurs choked. Anderson never played in the second half. The bench was cold, Patty Mills was terrible, and I do mean terrible. Kawhi struggled and shot poorly...
And that this is a deflection thread by Nono to Manu having played 23 minutes and only scoring 3 pts with a few TO.

By the way Danny wasn't very good in this one. Total team meltdown that Kyle was not in. He did play 7 minutes in the first half and they were cold, but a you see in the second half the bad games continued. I am glad he didn't play in the second half bc this really want on him as Pop plays in the second half the guys he though would win him this game.

If you really want to know what killed US it was bad transition defense.

Meh, Manu was pretty good in his playmaker role. This thread was just an addition to the colorful meltdown tonight, and it's entirely humor. I'll take Kyle over Jimmer any day, tbh...

I was hoping you would smile when you saw this thread, tbh, but I guess peeps have been hard on Kyle lately, must be hard on CoK members... apologies...

Hoops Czar
03-22-2016, 01:02 AM

I thought that was Simmons's job?

SAGirl
03-22-2016, 01:08 AM
Meh, Manu was pretty good in his playmaker role. This thread was just an addition to the colorful meltdown tonight, and it's entirely humor. I'll take Kyle over Jimmer any day, tbh...

I was hoping you would smile when you saw this thread, tbh, but I guess peeps have been hard on Kyle lately, must be hard on CoK members... apologies...

Kyle already gets too much heat here without having much of set role yet. The day we are really counting on him to deliver us from something and he doesn't, hate away .. but as you can see some guys really do blame him for this meltdown.

Spurtacular
03-22-2016, 01:14 AM

Jimmer over KA is a solid take. Probably his best ever, tbh.

ElNono
03-22-2016, 01:23 AM
I thought that was Simmons's job?

He's on the D-League

SAGirl
03-22-2016, 01:59 AM
Well, as long as we are trolling. ... Jimmer would not have passed up the opportunity to shoot a few 3s down the stretch in the 4th. :rollin

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-22-2016, 03:24 AM
I'm disappointed by the pisspoor meltdowns after losses this season.

Not even one fire Pop thread?

TrainOfThought5
03-22-2016, 03:27 AM

Yall are really losing it tonight.

TheGreatYacht
03-22-2016, 03:29 AM
Seriously though.... Matt Bonner being active while Boban and Juice rot playing YMCA ball :lmao

TrainOfThought5
03-22-2016, 03:30 AM

Still floatin on championship graces, tbh.

SAGirl
03-22-2016, 03:34 AM

No bc why do that when it's fathead's fault?

Mouth is Bleeding
03-22-2016, 04:05 AM
Kyle has been busy ruining the best bench in basketball.

Obstructed_View
03-22-2016, 01:38 PM
you're exactly correct

Or replace Aldridge with Bonner, the +/- king and the Spurs win 80 games! You're a genius.

dabom
03-22-2016, 02:49 PM
Or replace Aldridge with Bonner, the +/- king and the Spurs win 80 games! You're a genius.

Beaverfuzz
03-22-2016, 02:54 PM

UCLA reject.

ohmwrecker
03-22-2016, 03:57 PM
We got K Mart. Don't need Jimmer.

jeebus
03-22-2016, 04:44 PM
tbh I'm glad the nickname I gave Fat Head is becoming his common name.

dabom
04-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Shit player vs all the playoff teams. I'm not sure he plays minutes when it matters. Just like tonight when it was a close game and Pop didn't play him.

dabom
04-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Patty Mills is a proven playoff warrior. I never doubt that mofo. :hat

dabom
04-18-2016, 05:11 PM
The Spurs always go all in on the rookies. They train them hard. That is not to say he is good because he is getting playing time. The Spurs just need to do their dues through him. He didn't play any minutes vs the Clippers last year. He might get a couple this year. We won't be playing great competition right away.

Spurtacular
04-18-2016, 05:20 PM
KA's been coming into his own as of late. K-Mart's a poor man's Reggie Miller; but he's looking okay at times. I'd take Jimmer over Andre Miller though. All the same, I'm hoping Miller can have some effect against Livingston.

Dancelot
04-18-2016, 05:36 PM
tbh I'm glad the nickname I gave Fat Head is becoming his common name.
Idk, "vending machine head" is a great one too, you should try it on.

dabom
04-19-2016, 01:19 PM
These meltdowns lol

I posted the discussion 3 weeks ago. You need to stop moving the goalpost.

hater
04-19-2016, 01:48 PM
:lmao what en epic failure of a thread :lol

look_at_g_shred
04-19-2016, 03:01 PM
I posted the discussion 3 weeks ago. You need to stop moving the goalpost.
It's cute that you need attention.

dabom
04-19-2016, 03:44 PM
It's cute that you need attention.

Don't let your ignorance show...

Brazil
04-19-2016, 04:25 PM
OP with the goods tbh

ElNono
04-19-2016, 05:23 PM
:lol hopefully he keeps his human victory cigar role, tbh...

T Park
04-19-2016, 05:28 PM
F'ing Spurs talk....

TheGreatYacht
04-19-2016, 07:38 PM
Vending machine head is averaging 0 points Per36 in the playoffs :wow