PDA

View Full Version : Most protected (from criticism) players in Spurstalk history?

midnightpulp
03-21-2016, 09:55 PM
1. Timmy obviously occupies this spot. And well deserved. This franchise would be in St. Louis or some shit if not for him.

2. David Robinson? We've criticized his Karl Malone like regression before, but other than that, we don't disparage him.

3. Kawhi Leonard. Only the anti-Krew really criticizes him, and it's more out of trolling the Krew than actual criticism. Even I joke about Matt Barnes once in awhile, but Kawhi has pretty much been the perfect player during his Spurs tenure.

4. Danny Green. Again, only the anti-Krew criticizes him, but he's been anything but the perfect player. He's indeed a solid player and already a Spur legend, but he can go 0-12 (or a combined 2-19 in the final two closeout games of the NBA Finals) and amazingly escape criticism and have excuses made on his behalf ("That's why we call him IcyHot!" "He'll go LDN in the playoffs!" "Parker, something, something.") I don't get the blind love affair. He's a phenomenal defender, but still has gaping flaws all around that can many times be a big detriment, even when he's shutting people down.

5. Patty Mills. See above. The same dynamic applies here as it does to Green. And again, I don't get the blind love affair.

6. Bruce Bowen. We all love us some Bruce, and his flaws are indeed lost among his strengths. He was also never really a detriment in a big playoff series in his prime.

7. Big Shot Bob. Same dynamic here as with Bowen.

8. Boris Diaw. Any shitty performance from him is excused as "coasting" or some shit.

All I can think of off the top of my head, except for Gervin, but Spurstalk didn't exist when he played, obviously.

SquawkinHawkBigCock
03-21-2016, 09:59 PM
How 'wingstop' gets constantly torched by black holes like Monta Ellis and Jeremy Rin and never receives criticism is beyond me..

HarlemHeat37
03-21-2016, 10:00 PM
Danny Green is probably the most criticized rotation player in SpursTalk history, only behind Manu and Bonner, tbh:lol..not sure where you've been the past 3 years, but there's always at least a month during the RS where half the forum wants him benched..

Kawhi gets criticized just as much as Parker when he performs poorly..go check out the month on ST following the Clippers series, for example..no, it's not just the shtick posters, nobody really notices when those posters say anything, tbh..

The only current Spur that is immune from criticism is Duncan, clearly..mid is my guy, but this is clearly an agenda-driven thread:lol

Parker was also untouchable until last year..he got killed earlier in his career by a lot of Spurs fans, but that ended in 2007..the "leaders" of this forum like timvp and Bruno would kill you if you said a bad word about him, while the latter would constantly take subtle shots at Ginobili:lol

SpurPadre
03-21-2016, 10:05 PM
That title easily goes to Bonner, tbh.

SAGirl
03-21-2016, 10:20 PM
Some good points there. Frankly I criticize guys all the time who deserve it except Anderson, he already gets flamed on a daily basis and his good games are swept under the rug. That kind of got me initially in his corner and he's now my protege.

He's probably on the opposite of that list after Tony and considering the small role he has the flame is probably out of proportion.

Boris and Patty are probably the two most lovable characters in the team just wildly inconsistent. Patty plays with effort so he's giving you what he has, he's just small and unable to affect the game defensively for the most part. Boris is lazy. Always you get the feeling he could be better and do more than he does.

Timmy has had many off and poor games but it is indeed rough to criticize him and frankly he's getting benched when he's not having a good game or can't handle a match up, so he sets the example for everyone else. He's already done so much too and is GOAT level for big men. When I criticize him it's more in the perspective of the current makeup of the team and lineups he can make better or worse bc he's more limited now.

Kawhi is the best player in the team. Sometimes he will have a rough shooting night but it's rare and his effort is there on a nightly basis. Doesn't get as much respect from the refs as he should.

Danny kind of falls in the Anderson bucket list for me. Gets too much hate for a smaller role in the SL as others and very unappreciated when he can't bail out others offensively. You have to understand what his role is to put him in perspective. Now when he's not performing that role well then I have an issue.

dabom
03-21-2016, 10:24 PM
Pity post. Let some traffic in here...

midnightpulp
03-21-2016, 10:29 PM
Danny Green is probably the most criticized rotation player in SpursTalk history, only behind Manu and Bonner, tbh:lol..not sure where you've been the past 3 years, but there's always at least a month during the RS where half the forum wants him benched..

Kawhi gets criticized just as much as Parker when he performs poorly..go check out the month on ST following the Clippers series, for example..no, it's not just the shtick posters, nobody really notices when those posters say anything, tbh..

The only current Spur that is immune from criticism is Duncan, clearly..mid is my guy, but this is clearly an agenda-driven thread:lol

Parker was also untouchable until last year..he got killed earlier in his career by a lot of Spurs fans, but that ended in 2007..the "leaders" of this forum like timvp and Bruno would kill you if you said a bad word about him, while the latter would constantly take subtle shots at Ginobili:lol

Well, I'm late to continuous upstairs participation as you know (really only posted here frequently for about a year) and the only criticisms I see toward Green and Kawhi are from the Cat Krew who are simply looking to troll the "Krew" since Danny and Kawhi are Krew favorites. Danny can go 0-9, but somehow, the blame always gets shifted to Tony (and you know I was one of the original Tony bashers, going to war with Jag, Brazil, etc over it), but the trend of the last two seasons has been to blame Tony for pretty much everything.

With Danny, any poor offensive performance is handwaved away with, "But his defense!" And as important as that side of the ball is, you can still be a detriment as a great defender when your offense is poor.

SAGirl
03-21-2016, 10:30 PM

Or traded... a schtick Anderson joined in. Who wants to package the two of them for.. oh wait it wasn't that kind of thread.:lol

ElNono
03-21-2016, 10:32 PM
So what can we get for Tony at this stage of his career and that $29m left on his deal?

TrainOfThought5
03-21-2016, 10:35 PM
Some good points there. Frankly I criticize guys all the time who deserve it except Anderson, he already gets flamed on a daily basis and his good games are swept under the rug. That kind of got me initially in his corner and he's now my protege.

He's probably on the opposite of that list after Tony and considering the small role he has the flame is probably out of proportion.

Boris and Patty are probably the two most lovable characters in the team just wildly inconsistent. Patty plays with effort so he's giving you what he has, he's just small and unable to affect the game defensively for the most part. Boris is lazy. Always you get the feeling he could be better and do more than he does.

Timmy has had many off and poor games but it is indeed rough to criticize him and frankly he's getting benched when he's not having a good game or can't handle a match up, so he sets the example for everyone else. He's already done so much too and is GOAT level for big men. When I criticize him it's more in the perspective of the current makeup of the team and lineups he can make better or worse bc he's more limited now.

Kawhi is the best player in the team. Sometimes he will have a rough shooting night but it's rare and his effort is there on a nightly basis. Doesn't get as much respect from the refs as he should.

Danny kind of falls in the Anderson bucket list for me. Gets too much hate for a smaller role in the SL as others and very unappreciated when he can't bail out others offensively. You have to understand what his role is to put him in perspective. Now when he's not performing that role well then I have an issue.

His role is to knock down open threes and play defense. hes absolutely terrible at HALF of his role.

spurraider21
03-21-2016, 10:41 PM
99% of the leonard critics are troll accounts like greatyacht or koolaidbob love. as far as actual posters, it's basically sacrilege to say anything negative about him

cd98
03-21-2016, 10:42 PM

Richard Jefferson was the most criticized role player. But yes, Green is up there.

OrEmuN
03-21-2016, 10:44 PM
Boban.
Everyone loves him.

bic50
03-21-2016, 10:45 PM
I actually feel bad for green. He made history in that 2013 finals and today you'd think he's one if the worst 3pt shooters in the league. You can always count on his defense but it makes you wonder how games like these go if he could hit a few 3s.

apalisoc_9
03-21-2016, 10:48 PM
Nigga wtf? Danny Green is most critizied spirs player in spurs basketball history.

SAGirl
03-21-2016, 10:59 PM
Well, I'm late to continuous upstairs participation as you know (really only posted here frequently for about a year) and the only criticisms I see toward Green and Kawhi are from the Cat Krew who are simply looking to troll the "Krew" since Danny and Kawhi are Krew favorites. Danny can go 0-9, but somehow, the blame always gets shifted to Tony (and you know I was one of the original Tony bashers, going to war with Jag, Brazil, etc over it), but the trend of the last two seasons has been to blame Tony for pretty much everything.

With Danny, any poor offensive performance is handwaved away with, "But his defense!" And as important as that side of the ball is, you can still be a detriment as a great defender when your offense is poor.
The thing is for me.. and I am marginal to the crews bc I am a recent forum member and there is no Anderson crew right? :lol at least for me, the thing is I view guys within their roles. When Danny is refusing to shoot, passing up 3s to drive in traffic the whole schtick he went through early season was painful terrible and frankly detrimental. I thohght that was a development stage for Danny. It's a struggle to try to get better. This is what fans of younger teams witness.

Kawhi last season the first as a featured player was full of struggle in itself.

Fans are unrealistic expecting I guess to get KAT at the 15th and 30th spot in the draft. You have to credit Kawhi for his struggle but he had 4 years to grow into it. Danny is more limited in the tools he has than Kawhi is, but it's a kind of similar struggle of his own to try to diversify his game bc the possibility is that with a declining Manu he was going to have to do more as the main SG. His #1 role is still probably defense though and the open shot. It was still very difficult to see Danny struggle and when he didn't bring the defensive effort he got benched for Simmons.

T9 is purely an offensive player, so when he doesnt bring it offensively you feel like he's not doing his job. He didn't bring it last season and even non crew members fans were going to be critical + he was lit up on the other end. I am not as critical of him right now bc he's transitioning his game and going through a phase that will have him struggle. While some guys are struggling to get better (youngster Anderson), others are struggling to diversify their games ( Green), Tony is struggling to change his game and role. In that light quite frankly you would not find me bring too harsh on him, except he will com up short on setting others up, much like rightfully a lot if fans will criticize Anderson bc he isn't ready. It's a think a development in Tonya game at this stage IMO.

Manu right now is struggling to regain his preinjury form and we are probably on red alert if he doesn't find it. The few guys who have lately gotten on my grill are Boris bc his laziness and again he has a pretty well defined role that hasn't changed, nor does it need adjustment, and he shouldn't be going through any struggled at this point. Even Patty sometimes I have to keep in perspective bc he's also changing his game to make more plays off the dribble than he used to make.

K...
03-21-2016, 10:59 PM
Nigga wtf? Danny Green is most critizied spirs player in spurs basketball history.

It's telling you misspell spurs but not nigga.

spurraider21
03-21-2016, 11:00 PM
this. there are a handful of danny loyalists like myself, and then there is chinook who is on an entirely different level... but danny gets blasted all the time here

HarlemHeat37
03-21-2016, 11:12 PM
Richard Jefferson was the most criticized role player. But yes, Green is up there.

True, I've erased him from my memory:lol

1. Jefferson
2. Bonner
3. Ginobili
4. Green
5. ??

coachmac87
03-21-2016, 11:13 PM
For the OG's it was Rasho

midnightpulp
03-21-2016, 11:14 PM
this. there are a handful of danny loyalists like myself, and then there is chinook who is on an entirely different level... but danny gets blasted all the time here

Is it usually in game threads, though? People kneejerk criticize in the heat of the moment, obviously.

If Parker went 0-7, there would be an avalanche of criticism from the usuals. But Danny will get maybe one thread, and it's from a Cat Krew member. I probably missed the height of the Danny criticism years, but it just seems he's been untouchable since 2014. Patty House, as well.

spurraider21
03-21-2016, 11:14 PM
no, danny gets serious criticism all year

Mikeanaro
03-21-2016, 11:15 PM
Gervin...

HarlemHeat37
03-21-2016, 11:16 PM
Is it usually in game threads, though? People kneejerk criticize in the heat of the moment, obviously.

If Parker went 0-7, there would be an avalanche of criticism from the usuals. But Danny will get maybe one thread, and it's from a Cat Krew member. I probably missed the height of the Danny criticism years, but it just seems he's been untouchable since 2014. Patty House, as well.

It's the same 5-7 posters that have been criticizing Parker, this season:lol..most here acknowledge that he's having a good season..even myself, Apo and Fkla have been praising him, all year..

The number of posters that constantly bash him isn't any higher than the Manu haters, Green haters, etc..

Last year, sure, but I don't see it nowadays..

03-21-2016, 11:30 PM
Boris Diaw should be higher. He's as teflon as they come.

timtonymanu
03-21-2016, 11:44 PM

1. Jefferson
2. Bonner
3. Ginobili
4. Green
5. ??

Splitter was heavily criticized on here as well

spurraider21
03-21-2016, 11:54 PM
It's the same 5-7 posters that have been criticizing Parker, this season:lol..most here acknowledge that he's having a good season..even myself, Apo and Fkla have been praising him, all year..

The number of posters that constantly bash him isn't any higher than the Manu haters, Green haters, etc..

Last year, sure, but I don't see it nowadays..
:lol...

HarlemHeat37
03-22-2016, 12:00 AM
Splitter was heavily criticized on here as well

Yep, was going to edit my post to include him:lol

Sean Cagney
03-22-2016, 02:14 AM

F Bonner... The only Spur I continue to truly despise. I laugh when I hear fan favorite. Fans mention his worth from his famous OKC game so to speak to back him... I never remember him hitting a big shot late in a big game. His only shining light game where he hits some of course we lose it, 2011 Memphis game 1. Even the one time he is on we lose...

kaji157
03-22-2016, 07:08 AM
The problem i have with Danny Green is that he has displayed more and more his mental weakness.

Other years he could go 0-7 all game but nail 2 of 3 at the end.

Now a days if he misses his first 3 shots he never recovers, maybe the next game, but for that game you already know the guy is going 0-x, i think that is unforgettable for a NBA player getting 10 millionss year.

Just the same way i cannot forget Parker for showing up fat to the Spurs training camp, and not competing for 3 years now when you got that fat contract, yet you go every summer to play for france, if we compare Manuīs and Timīs 32-33 years old season then Parker is just not on their level, i think i just have to understand that wheather Parker is not at that level is not only a debate, but a reality.

DMC
03-22-2016, 08:33 AM
Boban doesn't get enough minutes to be criticized. He's the entertainment. When folks here got stupid and tried to make him into a threat in real minutes because of his numbers, that's when I said he's basically Frankenspur and isn't a legitimate basketball player in the NBA, not one who can use his size to his advantage as much as he should.

will_spurs
03-22-2016, 08:50 AM

1. Jefferson
2. Bonner
3. Ginobili
4. Green
5. ??

Manu isn't even top 5...

In terms of most criticised players, relative to their actual value, I'd say:
1. Parker
2. Green
3. Bonner
98. Bogans
99. Jefferson

Keepin' it real
03-22-2016, 08:53 AM
Who's doing the protecting?

Chinook
03-22-2016, 09:11 AM
Well, I'm late to continuous upstairs participation as you know (really only posted here frequently for about a year)

And as we all know, last year doesn't matter So I understand why it's surprising to you. Most of the "protection" Green gets from criticism comes from the fact that he's been getting it for YEARS now. The same exact criticism. For most of us we're well past the "we know" point. We know he can't dribble. We know he's not a play-maker. We know he's streaky on both sides of the court. We also know why he's been a Spurs' starter for a half-decade.

Every year, we have deal a seasonal flooding of people who are "realists" calling out Green's short-comings and arguing that he should be benched or traded. If you go into the trade archives, you'll see sooo many names of players randos wanted to move Green for. Evan Turner, Lance Stephenson, Josh Howard. Someone even wanted the Spurs to trade Green and bring over Adam Hanga. It's just boring at this point

ElNono
03-22-2016, 10:33 AM
Manu isn't even top 5...

In terms of most criticised players, relative to their actual value, I'd say:
1. Parker
2. Green
3. Bonner
98. Bogans
99. Jefferson

https://media4.giphy.com/media/nnB6gpSLHs7VC/200.gif

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-22-2016, 10:36 AM
And as we all know, last year doesn't matter So I understand why it's surprising to you. Most of the "protection" Green gets from criticism comes from the fact that he's been getting it for YEARS now. The same exact criticism. For most of us we're well past the "we know" point. We know he can't dribble. We know he's not a play-maker. We know he's streaky on both sides of the court. We also know why he's been a Spurs' starter for a half-decade.

Every year, we have deal a seasonal flooding of people who are "realists" calling out Green's short-comings and arguing that he should be benched or traded. If you go into the trade archives, you'll see sooo many names of players randos wanted to move Green for. Evan Turner, Lance Stephenson, Josh Howard. Someone even wanted the Spurs to trade Green and bring over Adam Hanga. It's just boring at this point

Benching/trading Green for Simmons was this season's lowest. It's like people are basketball fans but don't actually watch basketball.

DarrinS
03-22-2016, 10:39 AM

:lmao

will_spurs
03-22-2016, 10:56 AM

You seem to be easily confused these days. I hope you snap out of it.

ElNono
03-22-2016, 11:10 AM
:lol It took Pop to finally give up with any major role for Bonner for the Spurs to be contenders again... the Bonner hate is fucking legit...

Laughing Gravy
03-22-2016, 11:47 AM
Its Big Shot Rob, not Bob you stupid jackass.

pgardn
03-22-2016, 11:50 AM

You have got to be kidding...

will_spurs
03-22-2016, 12:11 PM
:lol It took Pop to finally give up with any major role for Bonner for the Spurs to be contenders again... the Bonner hate is fucking legit...

Yes because we all know that benching Bonner is the only reason why the Spurs are contenders again :lol

Dex
03-22-2016, 12:26 PM
For the OG's it was Rasho

Rasho used to drive me nuts...good defender, but I've never seen a 7-footer who was more afraid to take a shot, and when he did it was weaker the Splitter's shitty baby hook.

Horse
03-22-2016, 12:36 PM
How 'wingstop' gets constantly torched by black holes like Monta Ellis and Jeremy Rin and never receives criticism is beyond me..

It's because those two are fluky players who take and make bad shots even when the D is good.

Silver&Black
03-22-2016, 12:49 PM
I hate Bonner. Just saying.

Pretty much the only Spur I criticize constantly. All the other guys have a bad night, and I'm still the first one to say they'll snap out of it. Guess I'm just a glass is half full kinda guy. Not with Bonner though...why that red-headed fuck is still taking away a roster spot from the younger talent is head scratching. All I hear about him is he's a great locker room/practice guy. He better be the gotdamn GOAT at practice.....

ElNono
03-22-2016, 02:48 PM
Yes because we all know that benching Bonner is the only reason why the Spurs are contenders again :lol

meh, nobody said it was the ONLY reason. But upgrading from him to Splitter completely changed the makeup of our team, especially since it allowed Tim not to have to do everything on defense.

Kidd K
03-22-2016, 06:14 PM
I don't know about all time on here, but DRob gets based plenty on here. . .Duncan's gotten plenty of ire too. I remember when I joined this shithole, bunch of threads saying to trade/dump Duncan and blow the team up/rebuild. Calling Pop "Popabitch" all the time.

I almost never see any blame on Kawhi now (on the contrary, he gets excused the most, even the eyeroll-worthy Kobefan excuse, "He'd have more assists if people made all the shots after he passed them the ball") or on Mills. They would be 1 and 2 for "this year" imo, Kawhi by far being #1. He is our best player now obviously, but the "blame everyone else" shit is kinda annoying.

lefty20
03-22-2016, 07:02 PM

It makes complete sense to hate on Bonner for having obvious limitations that everyone but Pop could see, tbh.

midnightpulp
03-22-2016, 11:34 PM
Fair enough. The more experienced upstairs posters have convinced me re: Danny.

But how about "MVPatty?" Patty House seems as teflon as they come.

pgardn
03-22-2016, 11:59 PM

Somewhat.

Passes are given for teammates who whoop it up on the bench and appear to get along with the entire team.

And Green has taken a ton of shit because of obvious ball handling difficulties. You spend too much time in the sandbox with Thread.

pookenstein
03-23-2016, 01:51 AM

He's a very likeable guy, Plays with energy and the same positon as the krews scapegoat for everything that goes wrong with the Spurs, Tony Parker.

DenialTwist
03-23-2016, 03:50 AM
The problem i have with Danny Green is that he has displayed more and more his mental weakness.

Other years he could go 0-7 all game but nail 2 of 3 at the end.

Now a days if he misses his first 3 shots he never recovers, maybe the next game, but for that game you already know the guy is going 0-x, i think that is unforgettable for a NBA player getting 10 millionss year.

Just the same way i cannot forget Parker for showing up fat to the Spurs training camp, and not competing for 3 years now when you got that fat contract, yet you go every summer to play for france, if we compare Manuīs and Timīs 32-33 years old season then Parker is just not on their level, i think i just have to understand that wheather Parker is not at that level is not only a debate, but a reality.

I've always been impressed with Manu on and off the court. He hustles a lot more than Parker does and is not afraid of anything, including injury, he sacrifices his body unlike Parker. Parker and Diaw have one thing in common, that laissez-faire attitude when it comes to their weight. Parker did show up slightly overweight, must have been testing out all the french food he is going to sell for his food truck or something. They don't work out as hard as Duncan in the offseason, that we know.

Also Danny doesn't work out the way Kawhi does in the summertime. You can see on social media that he is either traveling around the world or partying at a club regularly with his gf and friends, which are all fine in moderation. It's the offseason you're allowed to have fun but can't he balance that out with improving parts of his game? You never hear about him working 3 a days, improving his handles, or perfecting his three point shot the way Curry does (heck, Curry says he practices by shooting 1000 3s to get it right).

Dre_7
03-23-2016, 11:27 AM
Its Big Shot Rob, not Bob you stupid jackass.

Timmy called him Big Shot Bobby, so...

turkish spurs fan
03-23-2016, 11:30 AM
harry kane

ElNono
03-23-2016, 11:34 AM

I'm giving Paddy Thrills the benefit of the doubt until the playoffs, because, frankly, he's a guy that has come up big the last two playoffs... Both in 2014 filling in admirably for a hurt Parker, killing it in the Finals, and last year against the Clippers, he was one reason the series went 7 games, making timely shots in the clutch to beat the Clips in LA...

Clipper Nation
03-23-2016, 12:51 PM
1. Enrique Porker. It's always either rigged, Pop's fault, Manu's fault, or Kawhi's fault when he chokes. He's MVPorker no matter how many times he loses games with his heroballing and freezing people out.

2. Rique

3. Porker

4. Enrique

5. Tony Parker

steeledl
03-23-2016, 02:17 PM
Besides Duncan cause he is the Spurs.....Ginobili . Think this is a largely Hispanic fan base here..... Maybe that's why.

RD2191
03-23-2016, 02:20 PM
:lmao

SAGirl
03-23-2016, 02:57 PM
Right now comparative to production all season, it has to be Boris. Man can come up with zero after zero and he's cool.

manufan10
03-23-2016, 03:21 PM
Besides Duncan cause he is the Spurs.....Ginobili . Think this is a largely Hispanic fan base here..... Maybe that's why.

You obviously weren't here for 2013 and 6.

quentin_compson
03-23-2016, 03:45 PM
harry kane

:lol

tmtcsc
03-23-2016, 06:48 PM
These 3 guys won't get much criticism from me because their production is RARELY due to poor effort or inconsistency. In my opinion, inconsistency is due in part to a lack of effort, preparation and competitiveness.

1. Manu Ginobili
2. Tim Duncan
3. Kawhi Leonard

These guys put the time in at work to justify having off nights offensively. You know it kills them to not shoot well and they do everything possible on defense to make up for a poor performance on offense. IMO, for years Manu Ginobili deserved to be left off the criticism list because he was such a bad ass competitor. It didn't matter if it was preseason, regular season or playoffs, he gave you everything he had. When he played poorly on offense, he would make up for it by hitting a clutch shot later or making a great steal or pass. Sadly, as age has crept up and gotten the better of him, he can't make up for the turnovers and bad plays like he once did. Pop usually has to save him from himself.

Tim - I used to get on him for his inconsistency at the FT line. However, in the bigger picture, it was pretty evident that he was usually carrying the team and the Spurs would have no chance to begin with if it wasn't for him. Therefore - little to no criticism.

Kawhi Leonard - Has exceeded everyone's expectations offensively and is clearly the best player in a Spurs uniform. Similar to Manu, most of Leonard's bad nights are due to just being "off". It happens. He struggles with smaller guards so when he gets torched by them (yes - it happens), I'm not too upset. He's usually having to guard them because TP can't.

The guys that receive the most criticism from me are Danny Green and Tony Parker. TP is notorious for being a no show or shriveling up on the biggest stages. Game 6 - vs Dallas in 2003 (Sick?), Game 6 vs Nets -2003. His shit game he brought out on the court against the Clippers last year. Dude has consistently let the team down in big moments. I don't know what he has left anymore. What TP are we going to get? He has clearly lost more than a step, which is bad news for a guy who counts on his speed so much.

Danny Green - Initially, I didn't expect much from him. He was a defense first player who occasionally hit open 3's. Then, he began to hit more 3's in the regular season. When the playoffs came along, he shit himself and the regular season production was gone. After he began getting starters minutes, he started to play better in the playoffs and got my hopes up. That was before TP said "they (Miami) have been leaving him open". That was the end of that. Now he misses more than he makes and is still prone to knuckle-head mistakes on defense. He is the epitome of inconsistent - just like Splitter was.

Meh, that's it for now.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
03-25-2016, 01:02 AM
When it comes to most criticized role players people here have missed names, and I don't blame them, in some cases the list is painful to remember:

Jefferson
Bonner
Roger Mason Jr.
Blair
Udrih
Ayres
Turkoglu
Udoka
Jacque Vaughn
Nesterovic
Finley & Barry in their last season
Belinelli
Splitter
Gary Neal

SAGirl
03-25-2016, 02:00 AM
When it comes to most criticized role players people here have missed names, and I don't blame them, in some cases the list is painful to remember:

Jefferson
Bonner
Roger Mason Jr.
Blair
Udrih
Ayres
Turkoglu
Udoka
Jacque Vaughn
Nesterovic
Finley & Barry in their last season
Belinelli
Splitter
Gary Neal
I would add Daye.

But the list was for the most protected.