PDA

View Full Version : this loss is brought to you by CIA POP

Supreme_Being
03-22-2016, 06:57 AM
doesnt want his players to be all cocky just cuz they beat the dubs. it makes too much sense

urunobili
03-22-2016, 07:13 AM
somewhat agree... the body language of the players wanted it though... it'd their fault for having such a fast start... but I'll take it as a great example to be reminded to them in the Playoffs...

TDomination
03-22-2016, 07:19 AM
Whether it's CIA Pop or just one of those games that happen, as long as the Spurs use it as a learning experience and get better because of it, I'm okay with the loss. Just no consecutive losses please

Horse
03-22-2016, 07:35 AM
They came in fat the big lead made them fatter got lazy and it was all over from there. You are right 3 or 4 times I was expecting a timeout, when they pan over to Pop he looks like he's napping. Even golden state had a hangover from Saturdays game struggling with minn.

Old School 44
03-22-2016, 07:50 AM
While I don't think it was intended, it is going to kick in the "end of the regular season" for the Spurs. This could be a good thing. While the Warriors chase history, and OkC and the Clips compete for the third seed, the Spurs will go into rest mode.

boutons_deux
03-22-2016, 07:58 AM
Spurs won the first qtr, lost all the others. -18 in the 2nd half.

BillMc
03-22-2016, 07:58 AM
While I don't think it was intended, it is going to kick in the "end of the regular season" for the Spurs. This could be a good thing. While the Warriors chase history, and OkC and the Clips compete for the third seed, the Spurs will go into rest mode.

This. Keep everyone healthy. Work on the bench, work on Martin, and, if possible, stay undefeated at home. (Though Dubs playing for the record, and Thunder trying to keep the Clips at bay may both be seriously motivated to win in SA.)

DMC
03-22-2016, 08:09 AM
It's just another game. They play 82 games each season not including pre and post. They learn from everything, and the notion that they have to start learning all over again is bunk. It's end of season, they got their position locked. The best thing to do now is get new guys minutes and protect the health of the rotation.

Old School 44
03-22-2016, 08:47 AM
This. Keep everyone healthy. Work on the bench, work on Martin, and, if possible, stay undefeated at home. (Though Dubs playing for the record, and Thunder trying to keep the Clips at bay may both be seriously motivated to win in SA.)
:bobo Cheers Bill!

How ironic would it be that the Warriors last meeting with the Spurs in San Antonio, could be to tie or break the Bulls record? A place the Warriors have lost 33 times in a row! The Warriors trot out Curry, Thompson, Green, Bogut and Barnes versus Bonner, Marjanovic, Martin (or Simmons), Anderson, Miller. That would be an entertaining game. With nothing to lose, I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs gave them a run for their money.

kobyz
03-22-2016, 08:50 AM
Pop and players tried to win, stop with those stupid takes in order to deny the quality problems of this team...

BillMc
03-22-2016, 08:59 AM

How ironic would it be that the Warriors last meeting with the Spurs in San Antonio, could be to tie or break the Bulls record? A place the Warriors have lost 33 times in a row! The Warriors trot out Curry, Thompson, Green, Bogut and Barnes versus Bonner, Marjanovic, Martin (or Simmons), Anderson, Miller. That would be an entertaining game. With nothing to lose, I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs gave them a run for their money.

It would be worth it just to watch Draymond try and guard Boban. :lol On the other hand, Boban switching onto Curry! Yikes. :wow

Keepin' it real
03-22-2016, 09:00 AM
Good loss. Don't want the Spurs streaking into the playoffs ala 2004 and 2012. Hope they lose a couple more along the way.

TDomination
03-22-2016, 09:03 AM
Good loss. Don't want the Spurs streaking into the playoffs ala 2004 and 2012. Hope they lose a couple more along the way.

They will. At this point Pop will just want to make sure we solidify the 2nd seed and that we stay healthy and mentally ready for the playoffs.

Atl Spur
03-22-2016, 09:27 AM
Don't worry..... we will! You will see some players being sat in the near future or playing limited minutes because of phantom injuries! I hope i'm wrong but I doubt it.

Budkin
03-22-2016, 10:30 AM
It was obvious Pop wasn't doing everything he could to stem the tide.

Proxy
03-22-2016, 10:53 AM

it'd be funny to see GS destroy the SA scrub team and get the record, only to be upset in the WCF

that'd be a nice thing to add to Pop's persona

KDKSpurs24
03-22-2016, 11:09 AM
Pop and players tried to win, stop with those stupid takes in order to deny the quality problems of this team...
And give the Hornets some damn credit.

Benoit
03-22-2016, 02:28 PM
lmao its called playing against a healthy team

barely winning a game without Iggy, Bogut and Ezeli with Steph and Klay having off shooting nights on the 6th game in 9 days is nothing to celebrate if you expect to win a championship

TrainOfThought5
03-22-2016, 02:33 PM

They were the scrappiest scrubs ive ever seen.

TrainOfThought5
03-22-2016, 02:41 PM

They were the scrappiest scrubs ive ever seen.