PDA

View Full Version : Will Andrew Luck ever win a Super Bowl?

Ghazi
03-22-2016, 09:52 AM
What say the NFL forum?

He's coming off a disappointing season, and the Colts seem stagnant and unable to surround him with a quality roster. His INT % and completion % are pretty high, but again he's been forced into a lot of weird comeback situatons. he has shown the clutch to make some sick come backs, and I believe he is a student of the game that genuinely takes pride in his craft. he is only going to be 27 entering the next season, which means in today's NFL he will have 8-10 good years left in him. Not to mention, as the 2016 Broncos showed, even if he wasn't the cream of the crop elite QB, if the Colts (or whoever) surrounds him with a good team, he will be able to get the job done.

So my answer is: YES

spurraider21
03-22-2016, 01:32 PM
fully expect him to bounce back, but he has some of that kevin durant aura around him where the media/masses dont criticize his game when it comes up short, in contrast to somebody like romo or lebron who gets shit on every time their team falls short

DeadlyDynasty
03-22-2016, 02:58 PM
fully expect him to bounce back, but he has some of that kevin durant aura around him where the media/masses dont criticize his game when it comes up short, in contrast to somebody like romo or lebron who gets shit on every time their team falls short
LeBron didn't start receiving criticism for his shortcomings till the 2010 playoffs (the infamous Game 5 against Boston), and Luck already has more playoff wins than Romo, including one of the greatest comebacks in postseason history. If 3 years from now he doesn't have a ring then maybe your Kevin Durant analogy fits, but right now he's played only 4.5 years, all with zero running game, and subpar O-lines and defenses.

Ghazi
03-22-2016, 04:23 PM
next year we will go back to recognizing Luck as better than Newton. He seems like a relatively humble guy... about as humble as a superstar QB can be... and he's a student of the game.

Avante
03-22-2016, 07:15 PM
Being in the weakest divsion in football he will have plenty of opportunities in the playoffs to make a SB. Obviously not in the near future but somewhere down the road....maybe.

Wes Welker
03-22-2016, 09:28 PM
Gawrsh i theenk eye can help annedrrew win a sooper bowel, if they wood jess giv me a chanse! I askd Tommy if he wnted me bak and he sed no! He gots sum girl named julie ann edman that he sez iz better thann eye evr was! I ssays thats bull craep aint no girl bettr at footbawl then me!

Robz4000
03-22-2016, 10:46 PM
LeBron didn't start receiving criticism for his shortcomings till the 2010 playoffs (the infamous Game 5 against Boston), and Luck already has more playoff wins than Romop, including one of the greatest comebacks in postseason history. If 3 years from now he doesn't have a ring then maybe your Kevin Durant analogy fits, but right now he's played only 4.5 years, all with zero running game, and subpar O-lines and defenses.

Problem is his team will prolly suck 3 years from now too. Colts are that incompetent.

gambit1990
03-23-2016, 12:48 PM
yes.

Thread
03-23-2016, 07:25 PM
I hope not. It would drive Cowherd around the bend.