tholdren
03-23-2016, 09:36 PM
play him more

tholdren
03-23-2016, 09:43 PM
martin leading the bench with a plus 12

TheGreatYacht
03-23-2016, 09:50 PM
Led them in scoring last game, and led them in +/- today...

Should get plenty of time these last games when Pop starts resting the vets

TMTTRIO
03-23-2016, 09:52 PM
He needs a lot of Manu's minutes. Love Manu but he's still not 100% going into the playoffs.

Mnky
03-23-2016, 10:17 PM
Been hyping this signing since the beginning. Much better scorer than the people he replaces, which is all that matters when he's replacing people who don't defend well.

ElNono
03-23-2016, 10:27 PM
He will get Kyle's minutes if he doesn't pick up his game, IMO

gameFACE
03-23-2016, 11:03 PM
Draw dem fouls.

ace3g
03-23-2016, 11:21 PM
Tom Orsborn Tom_orsborn
(https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn) Pop called Kevin Martin a "movement kind of player...He doesn't hold (the ball). He gets it. He learned a lot playing for Rick Adelman."

apalisoc_9
03-23-2016, 11:30 PM
Tom Orsborn Tom_orsborn
(https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn) Pop called Kevin Martin a "movement kind of player...He doesn't hold (the ball). He gets it. He learned a lot playing for Rick Adelman."

That's a great way to describe Martin offensive game. Hes a brilliant offensive player. He knows how to find ways off ball to score.

SAGirl
03-24-2016, 12:13 AM
He will get Kyle's minutes if he doesn't pick up his game, IMO
I think the rest of the season we continue to see Kyle just because development. These games don't matter much for seeding, so its fine. Probably two things:
(1) Development. Needs to play to learn how to play. We underestimate all the time the fact he was a PG and now he's not. He actually looks best as a 4, just doesn't have the strength right now to play it full time. I really think he's learning how to play this position with Pop.
(2) More development and probably with a sight to the future.

Playoffs is another matter and another monster. He probably doesn't play unless its a matchup thing and they need him. That's actually another reason to play him right now. In the chance that you need him, he needs to play now. It actually doesn't hurt that he plays in the perimeter right now as a 3, bc if we use him as a 4 in the playoffs the whole point is that he can switch and guard in the perimeter, something our other bigs can't do. There is a method to Pop's madness.

Spurtacular
03-24-2016, 12:31 AM
Spurs still reeling from allowing their best outside threat to go in the preseason. Sad.

ElNono
03-24-2016, 12:34 AM
I think the rest of the season we continue to see Kyle just because development. These games don't matter much for seeding, so its fine. Probably two things:
(1) Development. Needs to play to learn how to play. We underestimate all the time the fact he was a PG and now he's not. He actually looks best as a 4, just doesn't have the strength right now to play it full time. I really think he's learning how to play this position with Pop.
(2) More development and probably with a sight to the future.

Playoffs is another matter and another monster. He probably doesn't play unless its a matchup thing and they need him. That's actually another reason to play him right now. In the chance that you need him, he needs to play now. It actually doesn't hurt that he plays in the perimeter right now as a 3, bc if we use him as a 4 in the playoffs the whole point is that he can switch and guard in the perimeter, something our other bigs can't do. There is a method to Pop's madness.

Actually, we're getting to the point in the season where you've done your reps, and now you're trying to put everything together going towards the playoffs. Working on execution for 48 mins, defense, Pop actually yelling at players for making mistakes, etc.
In that sense, "development" time should start being left to the time where there's blowouts (like tonight). Now KMart just joined the team, so if Pop is really looking at using him as part of a 3 guard lineup off the bench, he needs to catch up and "development" is going to have to take a backseat to that, IMO.

I think Kyle is a good prospect, but his time won't be this season.

SAGirl
03-24-2016, 01:36 AM
Actually, we're getting to the point in the season where you've done your reps, and now you're trying to put everything together going towards the playoffs. Working on execution for 48 mins, defense, Pop actually yelling at players for making mistakes, etc.
In that sense, "development" time should start being left to the time where there's blowouts (like tonight). Now KMart just joined the team, so if Pop is really looking at using him as part of a 3 guard lineup off the bench, he needs to catch up and "development" is going to have to take a backseat to that, IMO.

I think Kyle is a good prospect, but his time won't be this season.
You could be right and you know Pop and the Spurs for longer than I do.
But, I do I think Pop likes him though, and I don't think he's some secret weapon or anything, but he's carved up a role. You could say the same for someone else who is in a shooting funk, bench him, but they will only get out of it by playing and he might have a role to play....And precisely bc he's young he needs as much experience as you can get him and you know garbage time is not the same.... you keep forgetting he's played a lot lately in games.

We actually came out of the RR with the team and style that was going to make it and with a terrific record. Kmart was a late addition, but Kyle had earned his keep by then. I think Pop will play whoever he thinks he needs and that may be Kmart, but it's not a sure thing. Actually, Kyle could possibly see more playing time in certain situations than Dwest as you saw against GSW.

Edit: I guess what I am saying is that I admit if he's not more aggressive, he could loose his spot in the bench... but what I think is that ultimately even if that were to happen, he could still have a role and in that case he frankly needs to play. He's not Bonner who you are going to dust off in the WCF to help you against GSW. A guy that young practically a baby in the Spurs needs his reps if you need him there and I think Pop thinks he might be needed.

skulls138
03-24-2016, 01:38 AM
KA seems like he holds back, in a good way.

Brazil
03-24-2016, 02:03 AM
Is chinook ok btw ?

10 mpg... Positive advanced metrics, per of 15... 3 points better than with previous team... Usage 5 points lower

:cry he needs the ball in his hand, not gonna be a good fit, sucks off the ball :cry

ElNono
03-24-2016, 02:04 AM
You could be right and you know Pop and the Spurs for longer than I do.
But, I do I think Pop likes him though, and I don't think he's some secret weapon or anything, but he's carved up a role. You could say the same for someone else who is in a shooting funk, bench him, but they will only get out of it by playing and he might have a role to play....And precisely bc he's young he needs as much experience as you can get him and you know garbage time is not the same.... you keep forgetting he's played a lot lately in games.

We actually came out of the RR with the team and style that was going to make it and with a terrific record. Kmart was a late addition, but Kyle had earned his keep by then. I think Pop will play whoever he thinks he needs and that may be Kmart, but it's not a sure thing. Actually, Kyle could possibly see more playing time in certain situations than Dwest as you saw against GSW.

Edit: I guess what I am saying is that I admit if he's not more aggressive, he could loose his spot in the bench... but what I think is that ultimately even if that were to happen, he could still have a role and in that case he frankly needs to play. He's not Bonner who you are going to dust off in the WCF to help you against GSW. A guy that young practically a baby in the Spurs needs his reps if you need him there and I think Pop thinks he might be needed.

The Spurs think long term. It's perfectly fine if he's a "regular season rotation" guy this season. He wasn't last season. That's progress. Next season he might make the cut into "playoffs rotation" guy. Natural progression.

If he doesn't make the cut, it doesn't mean Pop doesn't trust him or the Spurs don't like him. It just means he might not be ready for that next step now. Nothing wrong with that. I would actually guess that due to the fact that the 1st round opponent will likely be weak, he'll get some burn, and that will probably dictate what happens next.

SouthernFried
03-24-2016, 02:13 AM
I definetly like what I've seen from Keven Martin so far. And I think POP nailed it on the description. So, yeah...I'd like to see him get more minutes.

apalisoc_9
03-24-2016, 02:20 AM
Is chinook ok btw ?

10 mpg... Positive advanced metrics, per of 15... 3 points better than with previous team... Usage 5 points lower

:cry he needs the ball in his hand, not gonna be a good fit, sucks off the ball :cry

Is the last part of your post sarcastic? Kmart has never been a stick on his hands kinda scorer..i mean hes had years where his teams wanted him to but his best assest has always been his ability to get himself open by understanding what is happening in the half court and making moves to free himself up.

Hes best offensive weapn has always been his ability to move and get himself open without the ball.

Twisted_Dawg
03-24-2016, 02:52 AM
Tom Orsborn Tom_orsborn

Dig at Parker?

Chinook
03-24-2016, 06:51 AM
Is chinook ok btw ?

10 mpg...

10 MPG including garbage time. He's played 77 percent of his minutes in games where the Spurs pulled their guys early.

Positive advanced metrics, per of 15

He's behind Bonner in every advanced metric. Don't get me wrong, he's ahead of a lot of people too. But small sample size and playing mostly garbage time will do that for you. Look at Boban.

Usage 5 points lower

Sixth on the team still, with one of the guys ahead of him being Boban. And he's shooting the sixth most threes per 36, lower than any perimeter rotation player other than Parker (though I guess he's almost tied with Leonard). And from the eye test, he's only gotten off two good looks so far. His other two makes have been with heavy pressure, which is nice in the sense that it shows he can make contested shots but bad in the sense that those shots shouldn't have been contested. He's been run off the line quite a bit, which you don't expect against garbage-time players.

tholdren
03-24-2016, 03:36 PM
Is chinook ok btw ?

Chinook died when he stated plus minus was a legit stat to base performance of an individual, then talked himself in circle until he ended up arguing against his original claim. Never been the same since.

Rip Chinook

GSH
03-24-2016, 03:54 PM
That's a great way to describe Martin offensive game. Hes a brilliant offensive player. He knows how to find ways off ball to score.

Is the last part of your post sarcastic? Kmart has never been a stick on his hands kinda scorer..i mean hes had years where his teams wanted him to but his best assest has always been his ability to get himself open by understanding what is happening in the half court and making moves to free himself up.

Hes best offensive weapn has always been his ability to move and get himself open without the ball.

How can you be the same guy who starts those lame-ass threads? K-Mart's ability to create his own shot is something the Spurs are sorely lacking. I agree that it is, and has been, his greatest asset. And it's an asset that is not easy to come by in the league.

He's also better at getting to the line than anyone else on the roster, even at his age. (I'm not counting Boban - that's something else entirely.) That his a huge asset in the playoffs. If the Spurs have a successful playoff run, I'd be willing to bet that Martin will come up big at least a couple of times.

SAGirl
03-24-2016, 04:12 PM
The Spurs think long term. It's perfectly fine if he's a "regular season rotation" guy this season. He wasn't last season. That's progress. Next season he might make the cut into "playoffs rotation" guy. Natural progression.

If he doesn't make the cut, it doesn't mean Pop doesn't trust him or the Spurs don't like him. It just means he might not be ready for that next step now. Nothing wrong with that. I would actually guess that due to the fact that the 1st round opponent will likely be weak, he'll get some burn, and that will probably dictate what happens next.
Martin needs to be hidden on defense. He gets lost off the ball a lot + he's a guard.
Kyle is a forward, that allows him to help out our undersized bigs, boxes out other bigs, switches on to them, covers up mistakes, grabs contested rebounds + Pop is super strict with him on his defense, has to run back and quarterback our transition D, not always successfully but Martin is a worse option.

Then you consider that Kyle carved up a specific role that we are likely to need and that he's played all through these last couple of months defending perimeter 4s and you simply can't bench him unless he does that to himself like Simmons and he hasn't. Dwest ended up playing less minutes than him this past game bc he couldn't check Whiteside nor anyone else in the perimeter. He barely played against GSW. There are clear matches where we will need a good 10 minutes from Kyle and he's not Bonner. He's not going to come in ready to perform at his tender age if you haven't played him to get him ready for that.

Martin seems more like a floater, has to be ready to play with any line-up for any guard at any point. That may be the bench, instead of Anderson, but it may be any others too, including Danny, Manu and Mills.

tholdren
03-24-2016, 05:57 PM
Martin needs to be hidden on defense. He gets lost off the ball a lot + he's a guard.
Kyle is a forward, that allows him to help out our undersized bigs, boxes out other bigs, switches on to them, covers up mistakes, grabs contested rebounds + Pop is super strict with him on his defense, has to run back and quarterback our transition D, not always successfully but Martin is a worse option.

Then you consider that Kyle carved up a specific role that we are likely to need and that he's played all through these last couple of months defending perimeter 4s and you simply can't bench him unless he does that to himself like Simmons and he hasn't. Dwest ended up playing less minutes than him this past game bc he couldn't check Whiteside nor anyone else in the perimeter. He barely played against GSW. There are clear matches where we will need a good 10 minutes from Kyle and he's not Bonner. He's not going to come in ready to perform at his tender age if you haven't played him to get him ready for that.

Martin seems more like a floater, has to be ready to play with any line-up for any guard at any point. That may be the bench, instead of Anderson, but it may be any others too, including Danny, Manu and Mills.

The difference between martin and anderson is that kevin is a great scorer. He's above average at one end of the floor. Kyle is not great at anything. He's barely average at either end of the floor.

Dex
03-24-2016, 05:59 PM
Spurs still reeling from allowing their best outside threat to go in the preseason. Sad.

I'll take the consolation prize of Aldridge tbh.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 06:07 PM
Spurs still reeling from allowing their best outside threat to go in the preseason. Sad.Trying to say a 60-11 team is "reeling" is probably the saddest thing ever seen on this site.

Obstructed_View
03-24-2016, 06:10 PM

Aron Baynes?

SAGirl
03-24-2016, 06:13 PM
Trying to say a 60-11 team is "reeling" is probably the saddest thing ever seen on this site.
well said.
:toast

Spurtacular
03-24-2016, 06:24 PM
Trying to say a 60-11 team is "reeling" is probably the saddest thing ever seen on this site.

So, I guess keeping up with the Warriors three point assault is not a concern....

:lmao

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 06:26 PM
So, I guess keeping up with the Warriors three point assault is not a concern....

:lmaoThere is no way that would happen with Jimmer Fredette "guarding" anyone on the Warriors team.

And thanks for admitting you didn't watch the last game against the Warriors.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 06:29 PM
Also, props to OP for whiffing on 2/3 names in the title.

Better percentage than Jimmer tbh.

Spurtacular
03-24-2016, 06:32 PM
There is no way that would happen with Jimmer Fredette "guarding" anyone on the Warriors team.

And thanks for admitting you didn't watch the last game against the Warriors.

Jimmer can swtich screens and run people off the line and bury threes...

I admitted nothing of the sort either, dumb fuck. In fact, I've watched that game three times.

Spurtacular
03-24-2016, 06:33 PM
Also, props to OP for whiffing on 2/3 names in the title.

Better percentage than Jimmer tbh.

FAIL

Jimmer 100 career FG for the NY Knicks.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 06:37 PM
Jimmer can swtich screens and run people off the line and bury threes...He can't defend anyone in any situation.

He can't bury threes in the NBA. He can certainly break the offense with his bricks.

His NBA career is pretty much over.

I admitted nothing of the sort either, dumb fuck. In fact, I've watched that game three times.There's no way you can conclude the Spurs would need Jimmer to win if you really did that.

None.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 06:39 PM
FAIL

Jimmer 100 career FG for the NY Knicks.This is really your talking point here?

Spurtacular
03-24-2016, 06:45 PM
He can't defend anyone in any situation.

He can't bury threes in the NBA. He can certainly break the offense with his bricks.

His NBA career is pretty much over.

There's no way you can conclude the Spurs would need Jimmer to win if you really did that.

None.

50.6 pts per 36 and highest efg in Knicks history. So, no.....

Indazone
03-24-2016, 06:49 PM
Honestly Kmart should take all of Green's minutes

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 06:49 PM
50.6 pts per 36 and highest efg in Knicks history. So, no.....Where is he now?

Blake
03-24-2016, 06:52 PM
Is someone actually longing for Jimmer

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 06:52 PM
Is someone actually longing for JimmerHe's reeling.

Seventyniner
03-24-2016, 06:55 PM
I have fun watching Kevin get the ball on the left wing 3-point line and telling my friend "watch, he's going to take one dribble, pull up, and get fouled while shooting." Happens at least once a game, seems like.

Seventyniner
03-24-2016, 07:02 PM
I have fun watching Kevin get the ball on the left wing 3-point line and telling my friend "watch, he's going to take one dribble, pull up, and get fouled while shooting." Happens at least once a game, seems like.

Spurtacular
03-24-2016, 07:12 PM
Where is he now?

Jimmer be Jimmering. It what he do.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 08:24 PM
Jimmer be Jimmering. It what he do.Jimmer is D-Leaguing. That's what he does.

Don't ever try to use black colloquialisms again. You are way too white for that.

Slippy
03-24-2016, 08:42 PM
Ya Kevin going to make it his signiture move when spurs running some motion .

Spurtacular
03-24-2016, 08:50 PM
Jimmer is D-Leaguing. That's what he does.

Don't ever try to use black colloquialisms again. You are way too white for that.

:lmao: "Black colloquialisms"

I about have to slap nigga upside the head.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 08:51 PM
:lmao: "Black colloquialisms"

I about have to slap nigga upside the head.But what about your heritage?

You would be excommunicated if your Bishop saw that.

BTW, which guard did Jimmer let have a career night tonight anyway?

Spurtacular
03-24-2016, 08:58 PM
But what about your heritage?

You would be excommunicated if your Bishop saw that.

BTW, which guard did Jimmer let have a career night tonight anyway?

Nigga be thinkin' I be bringin' heritage and shit :lmao:

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 09:00 PM
Nigga be thinkin' I be bringin' heritage and shit :lmao:You couldn't be more white tbh.

BTW, which guard did Jimmer let have a career night tonight anyway? -15 in a 1 point game :lmao

Spurtacular
03-24-2016, 09:03 PM
You couldn't be more white tbh.

BTW, which guard did Jimmer let have a career night tonight anyway? -15 in a 1 point game :lmao

You couldn't be more bitch. It's all good.

Keepin' tabs on the Jimmer are you? Enjoy that shit, then....

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 09:11 PM
You couldn't be more bitch. It's all good.

Keepin' tabs on the Jimmer are you? Enjoy that shit, then....So you gave up on him?

It's about time.

He gave up 31 points to a guy who averages 9 in the D-League :lmao

Spurtacular
03-24-2016, 09:25 PM
So you gave up on him?

It's about time.

He gave up 31 points to a guy who averages 9 in the D-League :lmao

Basketball is a team sport. On Berry's first three, Jimmer rotated to cover the open three shooter in the corner and the next guy didn't make his rotation.

FACE

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 09:29 PM
Not that it matters to you; but basketball is a team game. For instance, on Berry's first three, Jimmer rotated to cover the ope three shooter in the corner and the next guy didn't make his roration.

FACEJimmer gave up some of the easiest buckets ever in transition because he completely lost his man and did not even consider the driving lanes. He just ran to the ball like he was going to get a chance to shoot it. It's like he just started playing the game.

Basketball is indeed a team sport. Jimmer lets his team down on D regularly. That is reason #1 or 2 he is not in the NBA :lmao

100%duncan
03-24-2016, 09:35 PM
He should get KA's minutes in the playoffs. Let's face it, fathead is not ready and pop has shown some signs of that thinking.

Spurtacular
03-24-2016, 09:39 PM
Jimmer gave up some of the easiest buckets ever in transition because he completely lost his man and did not even consider the driving lanes. He just ran to the ball like he was going to get a chance to shoot it. It's like he just started playing the game.

Basketball is indeed a team sport. Jimmer lets his team down on D regularly. That is reason #1 or 2 he is not in the NBA :lmao

You don't have to trash Jimmer to cover up for the fact that you're a closet Jimmer fan. You're in a safe zone, bruh.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 09:41 PM
You don't have to trash Jimmer to cover up for the fact that you're a closet Jimmer fan. You're in a safe zone, bruh.Jimmer is not an NBA player. Nothing against him personally. Seems like he might be a douche, but that wouldn't keep him from being in the NBA.

Spurtacular
03-24-2016, 09:44 PM
Jimmer.... Seems like he might be a douche,

:lmao I'm sure you're good at spotting your fellow douches

but that wouldn't keep him from being in the NBA.

That'd be racism as you already postulated.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 09:45 PM
:lmao I'm sure you're good at spotting your fellow douchesMan, I struck a nerve.

That'd be racism as you already postulated.No, that'd be his play breaking and complete defensive ineptitude as he demonstrated tonight.

Spurtacular
03-24-2016, 09:57 PM
Man, I struck a nerve.

I don't know how you'd figure that. It's not a secret that you're a bit of a douche. :lmao:

No, that'd be his play breaking and complete defensive ineptitude as he demonstrated tonight...

Well, you certainly walked back your original theory by claiming that racism doesn't exist in the inner city :lmao:

TheGreatYacht
03-24-2016, 10:01 PM
He should get KA's minutes in the playoffs. Let's face it, fathead is not ready and pop has shown some signs of that thinking.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 10:01 PM
I don't know how you'd figure that. It's not a secret that you're a bit of a douche. :lmao:More emoticons? Yep. Nerve: sruck.

Well, you certainly walked back your original theory by claiming that racism doesn't exist in the inner city :lmao:Funny, I never made such a claim at any time -- but you must be feeling the pressure to make something up at this point. You never proved your claim that racism is prevalent in the inner city.

Go ahead and prove it now.

I have a feeling I have struck another nerve.

Spurtacular
03-24-2016, 10:12 PM
More emoticons? Yep. Nerve: sruck.

Like you say, "desperate times." Just another sad series of reaches by you. How can that not be funny? But I'll show how 'un-nerved' I am by withholding said emoticon on this on.

Funny, I never made such a claim at any time

You were quite definitive in your assertion that racism isn't prevalent in the inner city. Is that where you're splitting hairs; that I over-stated the fact? Funny how you couldn't just say that. Yea, I wouldn't want to have to stand by that sh***y take either.

I have a feeling I have struck another nerve.

You're at zero percent on struck a nerve calls; sort of a funny reality given the manner in which you announced yourself to this thread.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 10:19 PM
Like you say, "desperate times." Just another sad series of reaches by you. How can that not be funny? But I'll show how 'un-nerved' I am by withholding said emoticon on this on.lol now you're changing your behavior because of something I posted? Damn.

You were quite definitive in your assertion that racism isn't prevalent in the inner city. Is that where you're splitting hairs; that I over-stated the fact? Funny how you couldn't just say that. Yea, I wouldn't want to have to stand by that sh***y take either.My assertion is that you didn't prove your claim that racism is prevalent in the inner city.

Your claim remains unproved.

Since you can't prove your claim, there is no reason for me or anyone to accept it as true.

Do you understand now or do you need to have your claim further explained to you?

And feel free to post any, and I do meant any evidence to back up your claim. You have yet to do so.

You're at zero percent on struck a nerve calls; sort of a funny reality given the manner in which you announced yourself to this thread.I figure my challenging you to prove your claim will strike yet another nerve as you will do nothing to prove your claim but start some other rant or diversion tactic.

Spurtacular
03-24-2016, 10:26 PM
What's there to prove? You said racism isn't prevalent in the inner city in a shameless attempt to surmise that Jimmer never faced racism in the NBA. That's all on the record.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 10:28 PM
What's there to prove?Your claim that racism is prevalent in the inner city.

You failed to prove it.

Now you have another chance to prove it.

So prove it.
You said racism isn't prevalent in the inner city in a shameless attempt to surmise that Jimmer never faced racism in the NBA. That's all on the record.Nope. I said you didn't prove your claim that racism is prevalent in the inner city. That's all on the record.

Feel free to go back and look.

ElNono
03-24-2016, 10:36 PM
Then you consider that Kyle carved up a specific role that we are likely to need

I don't think he carved up any role. He did enough to merit being another regular season rotation player next season, and hopefully improve. Look, I'm not hating, he's show glimpses of potential to be more than what he is, but he's not been consistent in that. Your argument is that he should keep on getting minutes to clean that up, and I agree, but next season. Right now, IMO, what the team needs is to give minutes to players Pop is most likely to play in the playoffs, and I don't think Kyle is really high on that list. I could certainly be wrong about that.

GSH
03-24-2016, 10:37 PM
The Jimmer Thread is now a franchise:

Jimmer Thread II.

Son of Jimmer Thread.

Revenge of Jimmer Thread.

Soon to be a series on Netflix.

Guess what, Spurt? At this point, even Jimmer knows he doesn't belong in the NBA. You're the only holdout.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 10:39 PM
The Jimmer Thread is now a franchise:

Jimmer Thread II.

Son of Jimmer Thread.

Revenge of Jimmer Thread.

Soon to be a series on Netflix.

Guess what, Spurt? At this point, even Jimmer knows he doesn't belong in the NBA. You're the only holdout.:lol

I'm trying to guess how much Spurt gets paid for each positive Jimmer post and whether he works for Jimmer or Jimmer's agent or the LDS Church.

Spurtacular
03-24-2016, 10:39 PM
Your claim that racism is prevalent in the inner city.

You failed to prove it.

Now you have another chance to prove it.

So prove it.Nope. I said you didn't prove your claim that racism is prevalent in the inner city. That's all on the record.

Feel free to go back and look.

Oh, the possibilities. Today, I could prove racism in the inner city. Tomorrow, I could prove the sky is blue....

ChumpDumper
03-24-2016, 10:42 PM
Oh, the possibilities. Today, I could prove racism in the inner city. Tomorrow, I could prove the sky is blue....Why can't you prove that racism is prevalent in the inner city?

You've had every opportunity to do so, yet you continuously fail.

SAGirl
03-24-2016, 11:59 PM
I don't think he carved up any role. He did enough to merit being another regular season rotation player next season, and hopefully improve. Look, I'm not hating, he's show glimpses of potential to be more than what he is, but he's not been consistent in that. Your argument is that he should keep on getting minutes to clean that up, and I agree, but next season. Right now, IMO, what the team needs is to give minutes to players Pop is most likely to play in the playoffs, and I don't think Kyle is really high on that list. I could certainly be wrong about that.
Well Pop testing players certainly meant your priorities are not his. By you he wouldn't be playing.

ElNono
03-25-2016, 12:02 AM
Well Pop testing players certainly meant your priorities are not his. By you he wouldn't be playing.

Well, no. What I mean is that his role should be starting to diminish at this point, and if Pop is thinking going with KMart on a more ample role for the playoffs, then his minutes should increase.

I could very well be wrong, and that might not happen, but we'll see.

SAGirl
03-25-2016, 12:48 AM
Well, no. What I mean is that his role should be starting to diminish at this point, and if Pop is thinking going with KMart on a more ample role for the playoffs, then his minutes should increase.

I could very well be wrong, and that might not happen, but we'll see.

I think you are just refusing to acknowledge that Kyle has been a useful player that has helped us win games and who adds good things to our team, bc of that you see no point in playing him at this stage, when the reality is different. He's helped us win a lot of games and had a few stretches playing without Manu that Tony himself said he was probably playing better than any of them in the team. He was scoring efficiently, but I doubt that is what it was about bc so were other ppl. More than anything, he was executing defensively.

I think if Kmart was able to execute what Pop wants defensively then it would be a clear cut decision for Pop, but he hasn't and its not. Him scoring a few in garbage time doesn't tilt the scales more in his direction than Boban doing it. If he can't execute the defensive scheme Pop wants and you can't hide him he won't play.

Won't debate everything else bc we have been through it. You know the roles KA has played and how good he's been in them.

dabom
03-25-2016, 12:54 AM
Fathead has a negative RPM. Dude isn't winning us shit. :lmao. Are you a fucking retard? :lol

100%duncan
03-25-2016, 06:21 AM
Fathead has a negative RPM. Dude isn't winning us shit. :lmao. Are you a fucking retard? :lol

Tldr if u think kyle is a scrub then ur not acknowledging sumthing or is a troll

tholdren
03-25-2016, 09:51 AM
I think you are just refusing to acknowledge that Kyle has been a useful player that has helped us win games and who adds good things to our team, bc of that you see no point in playing him at this stage, when the reality is different. He's helped us win a lot of games and had a few stretches playing without Manu that Tony himself said he was probably playing better than any of them in the team. He was scoring efficiently, but I doubt that is what it was about bc so were other ppl. More than anything, he was executing defensively.

I think if Kmart was able to execute what Pop wants defensively then it would be a clear cut decision for Pop, but he hasn't and its not. Him scoring a few in garbage time doesn't tilt the scales more in his direction than Boban doing it. If he can't execute the defensive scheme Pop wants and you can't hide him he won't play.

Won't debate everything else bc we have been through it. You know the roles KA has played and how good he's been in them.
Kyle is garbage

ceperez
03-25-2016, 10:09 AM

I agree that at this time KA has a lot better defense than Martin.

I wish Spurs still had Butler. I don't know why Martin at 6'7" doesn't seem to have the defensive presence one would expect for someone his size.

What I like Martin though is that he's like Mills in offense where he's able to score by moving around in the perimeter. He's also one of the better Spurs players in transition offense. I also like seeing Mills, Green and Martin on the court at the same time. Lots of 3 point opportunities.

Harry Callahan
03-25-2016, 11:14 AM
Martin was stuck in Sac town for way too long - lost most of his prime years out there.

He will provide ample firepower off the bench to fill in any blanks for Ginobili. Manu very likely won't be "on" each and every playoff game since he is 38 now.

Kevin might be a key bench member for the next couple of years kind of like Brent Barry. He's a very slippery player on the offensive end. Was Brent Barry a strong defensive player? I don't think he was but he could play in our system with good defensive bigs. The Spurs again have that characteristic.

TheGreatYacht
03-25-2016, 11:24 AM
If Kyle Anderson played 36 minutes a game he'd be on pace to average 10.1ppg, 3.4apg and 1.9TO. That's absolutely terrible.

KMart has showed more in 7 games than this scrub in 2 years

snickles
03-25-2016, 11:27 AM

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/1f/1fd3eb2d600dfff5506ff549f5fd58fc7949f4f56eea21a8dd d689b2a13eb1a5.jpg

BackHome
03-25-2016, 12:39 PM
Did you just use the word "FACE" ok give up your Man card and replace it with Bitch card.

apalisoc_9
03-25-2016, 12:47 PM
Spurtacular sounds like rhe typical ignorant white american :lol

So stupid :lol

KenziE
03-25-2016, 06:09 PM
Spurtacular sounds like rhe typical ignorant white american :lol

So stupid :lol

wahahaha

Brazil
03-28-2016, 11:56 AM

:lol yes... it was a bit of poking Chinook who explained in another thread that Martin needs the ball in his hands and he would suck in Spurs on catch and shoot situations

Brazil
03-28-2016, 12:03 PM
10 MPG including garbage time. He's played 77 percent of his minutes in games where the Spurs pulled their guys early.

10 mpg was after his first couple of games :lol it is eviden Spurs are gonna use him more than just spot garbage minutes... he is now at 14 btw

He's behind Bonner in every advanced metric. Don't get me wrong, he's ahead of a lot of people too. But small sample size and playing mostly garbage time will do that for you. Look at Boban.

sure... still better than with min

Sixth on the team still, with one of the guys ahead of him being Boban. And he's shooting the sixth most threes per 36, lower than any perimeter rotation player other than Parker (though I guess he's almost tied with Leonard). And from the eye test, he's only gotten off two good looks so far. His other two makes have been with heavy pressure, which is nice in the sense that it shows he can make contested shots but bad in the sense that those shots shouldn't have been contested. He's been run off the line quite a bit, which you don't expect against garbage-time players.

He has been hired for shooting 3s... he is shooting 3s... yup we agree

ps: sorry for late answer, I was off for 4 days skiing in Alps...

tholdren
03-28-2016, 01:56 PM
Kevin is soft. He's never bodied up anyone defensively, and his instincts on that side of the floor are poor at best. He's a scorer. Spurs just have to teach him to use his length on defense. Without aggressiveness he will never be good, but at least teach him how to use peripheral and not turn his back.

SAGirl
03-28-2016, 02:54 PM
Kevin is soft. He's never bodied up anyone defensively, and his instincts on that side of the floor are poor at best. He's a scorer. Spurs just have to teach him to use his length on defense. Without aggressiveness he will never be good, but at least teach him how to use peripheral and not turn his back.
He definitely loses his man off the ball very often. On the ball he's better so long as he doesn't get posted up bc he has quick feet. Right now has the worst defensive metrics in the team despite Pop actually making an effort to hide him on nonthrearts, or with good defensive lineups for the most part.

Still, his defensive struggles aside, the elephant in the room is that he's not scoring well enough to justify his time.

ceperez
03-28-2016, 03:14 PM
He definitely loses his man off the ball very often. On the ball he's better so long as he doesn't get posted up bc he has quick feet. Right now has the worst defensive metrics in the team despite Pop actually making an effort to hide him on nonthrearts, or with good defensive lineups for the most part.

Still, his defensive struggles aside, the elephant in the room is that he's not scoring well enough to justify his time.

Unfortunately, unlike Butler, he can't guard the SF or PF positions.

I still think picking up Martin was a good move. The questionable move though was dumping Butler. We still have Bonner who doesn't bring anything to the table.

GSH
03-28-2016, 03:52 PM

You say Kawhi is soft, too. And David Robinson. And if I went back and checked, you're probably one of the ones who said Aldridge is soft.

Kl is the new version of david. Great skulls on both ends. But soft. The sad part is I would rather have manu with the ball in the closing seconds than kl, and kl probably would too.

I guess they need to be more like you. At home. With your keyboard. Tough.

DeRozan m8
03-28-2016, 04:28 PM
When did Kyle ever help us win a game?

Dude is a nothing out there, he doesn't bring us anything, I could legit do the same thing he does...nothing passes and passing up shots.

KenziE
03-28-2016, 05:13 PM
You say Kawhi is soft, too. And David Robinson. And if I went back and checked, you're probably one of the ones who said Aldridge is soft.

I guess they need to be more like you. At home. With your keyboard. Tough.

GSH
04-02-2016, 12:38 AM
Why can't you prove that racism is prevalent in the inner city?

You've had every opportunity to do so, yet you continuously fail.

Only one more post for 100K, Chump. And it's been a whole week since you've pissed on Spurtacular. Just saying.