PDA

View Full Version : Kawow

barakz21
03-24-2016, 12:31 AM
Remember a few years back when he used to get so much charging not fouls on fast breaks? I don't really see those happening anymore because of his improved ball handling, but one thing that really stands out to me is his body control. The guy takes fouls and puts the ball in like it wasn't a big deal, plus he's gotten really good at contorting his body in a way that he still manages to put up the ball with an legit chance of it going down and not just throwing up prayers and hoping for a whistle.

Solid D
03-24-2016, 08:32 AM
Good observation. Agreed. :tu

Horse
03-24-2016, 12:28 PM
True and his handle has improved alot. He now has a way of making himself small like a running back sqeezing through a hole, westbrick is great at this. I loved his aggresion last night hope the injury is not a setback.

GSH
03-24-2016, 03:37 PM
As many steals as he gets, being able to run the break is a very big deal. And it's the part of his game I really questioned whether he could fix. He's gotten pretty damned good at finishing, and avoiding the charges he used to get. A couple of those plays last night were amazing.

You're right, it is a big improvement to his game.

Cry Havoc
03-24-2016, 04:14 PM
His improved handles, as well as his general comfort with having the ball in triple-threat against a defender, is a huge reason for his increase in scoring this season. Last year he looked lost at times, now you almost always see him being assertive with his ball control.