PDA

View Full Version : Nice NBA.com article on TD

pookenstein
03-24-2016, 01:42 AM
http://www.nba.com/2016/news/features/fran_blinebury/03/23/is-this-duncans-best-season/index.html

Nice read with a not so subtle hit against Kobe...

What we are seeing as they continue driving toward their best record ever is not just a little something we can write off to the quirky ol' Spurs, but is possibly unique in all of sports.
This is more than a decorated veteran sitting on the bench for almost all of the biggest game of the season on Saturday night when the Spurs took down the Warriors (http://www.nba.com/games/20160319/GSWSAS/gameinfo.html). It is the greatest player in franchise history making sure that his legacy does not live on only in gaudy statistics or vintage video highlights, but in cracking the door for the next generation while also keeping it open for his own.

:bobo

All Mighty Janitor
03-24-2016, 02:07 AM
:worthy::king

cariocaz
03-24-2016, 04:58 AM
Thanks for sharing!

Thomas82
03-24-2016, 07:05 AM
Excellent read!!

silverblackfan
03-24-2016, 08:37 AM
Damn onions.
:bobo

quentin_compson
03-24-2016, 12:53 PM
Great read!

Best teammate and leader of all time.

Diego20
03-24-2016, 02:06 PM
Great read!

Best teammate and leader of all time.

Slippy
03-24-2016, 06:43 PM
Did people see the hug from Danny to Tim going onto the bench?Jokes aside, kind of sealed the deal for me. Tim is retiring. Seen too many moments like those where it looks as if. Tims mind is made up. Jus savouring it all it seems.

David Robinson set the tone by example. Tim took it and and built a legacy. Now its his turn to lead by example for the future.

Nice article.

KenziE
03-25-2016, 08:55 AM
Did people see the hug from Danny to Tim going onto the bench?Jokes aside, kind of sealed the deal for me. Tim is retiring. Seen too many moments like those where it looks as if. Tims mind is made up. Jus savouring it all it seems.

David Robinson set the tone by example. Tim took it and and built a legacy. Now its his turn to lead by example for the future.

Nice article.

Easy now dont say that . TD21 will play till the wheels fall off he was the one who said that .

MVPCues
03-25-2016, 09:02 AM
Easy now dont say that . TD21 will play till the wheels fall off he was the one who said that .

Lug nuts are real loose right now. I agree that he is done after this year. I see little signs myself.

KenziE
03-25-2016, 09:06 AM
Lug nuts are real loose right now. I agree that he is done after this year. I see little signs myself.

lets enjoy the ride and hope for the best

MVPCues
03-25-2016, 09:51 AM
lets enjoy the ride and hope for the best

Damn straight. :toast

ajh18
03-25-2016, 11:22 AM
I really hope we get Tim for another year or so. There is simply no way we replace everything he brings to the team, both on the court and off, for $5M a year.

I will say that before this year, I never could have imagined Tim coaching. I thought he'd just disappear into his auto shop. But I've been watching how vocal he is this year, teaching everyone, joining the coach huddles... starting to wonder if he isn't considering that route post-retirement.

rmt
03-25-2016, 02:55 PM
One more year please, TD. Don't want him to go into the HOF the same year as Kobe - that'll be a fiasco.

YGWHI
03-25-2016, 03:04 PM
Nice article! Thanks for posting it! :toast

I really hope we get Tim for another year or so. There is simply no way we replace everything he brings to the team, both on the court and off, for $5M a year.

I will say that before this year, I never could have imagined Tim coaching. I thought he'd just disappear into his auto shop. But I've been watching how vocal he is this year, teaching everyone, joining the coach huddles... starting to wonder if he isn't considering that route post-retirement.

It's hard to tell, he said before he'd like to have more time for his kids or make BlackJack his full-time job but I'd love to see him as coach in SA.

SAGirl
03-25-2016, 03:53 PM

Nice article.

Personally, I thought Danny was just celebrating with Tim the fact he made a few 3s, because his struggles from the 3 pt line this season are on an another level of epic. Privately I think it does weigh on his psyche and Tim being the teammate that he is, encourages him to shoot every single time, so he was ecstatic to have a good shooting night.

On the retirement side note though: I have seen enough of those moments from both Timmy and Manu to think this is it (more on Manu specifically, bc he really has been mentoring and training Patty, Anderson and for a while there Simmons). I know the Manu fans are in denial, but he's really been deferring to younger players at times, letting them close quarters, letting them take the last shots, giving them the ball as soon as they cross over to an offensive possession, encouraging them to get better and be more assertive.

There is a lot of nostalgia for both guys. I think it doesn't for sure mean this is it for them, but they are very, very aware that it likely is, so you have to appreciate every moment. And they are not going to announce they are retiring beforehand.