PDA

View Full Version : Boban - Full Highlights vs Heat - 19 pts.

cariocaz
03-24-2016, 04:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGgZ3VPTSLM

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-24-2016, 05:16 AM
That Whiteside dude jumps like a deer at every single shot attempt leaving his man wide open for an offensive rebound or for receiving a pass right under the basket.

NameLess Scrub
03-24-2016, 07:09 AM
Boban is a garbage time star. If the Spurs blew out everyone he might have been a top scorer in the league.

Namundy
03-24-2016, 07:11 AM
Is it the unis or does he look leaner?

ceperez
03-24-2016, 07:15 AM
He's playing against one of the best defensive centers in the league today. Maybe, Whiteside was taking it easy, but still.

If you notice that West couldn't contain Whiteside defensively, while Whiteside had several bad offensive possessions.

Honestly, Boban is really good but the Spurs aren't going to have him play in the playoffs unless it is absolutely necessary. Why up his stock prior to him signing for a longer contract?

TrainOfThought5
03-24-2016, 07:25 AM
The gorgeous amount of touch on his jumper is magnificent. Crazy to see a big guy be able to do that at his size.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-24-2016, 07:33 AM
Honestly, this is why I kind of pissed that Boban was inactive and in the D League for the Hornets game. If the Spurs had him, they would have won that game if he played in the 2nd quarter when the Spurs had that big lead. ( out of 10 times Boban extends the leads w/ his play not diminish. At worst, the score stays the same.

It showed tonight as Boban just extended the Spurs league to almost 40 points last night.

ceperez
03-24-2016, 07:40 AM
Honestly, this is why I kind of pissed that Boban was inactive and in the D League for the Hornets game. If the Spurs had him, they would have won that game if he played in the 2nd quarter when the Spurs had that big lead. ( out of 10 times Boban extends the leads w/ his play not diminish. At worst, the score stays the same.

It showed tonight as Boban just extended the Spurs league to almost 40 points last night.

I agree. Boban is just a nightmare to contain. PATFO however have in their interest to actual keep him under wraps.

Slomo
03-24-2016, 07:54 AM

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-24-2016, 08:12 AM
^ :lmao

Keepin' it real
03-24-2016, 08:17 AM
Honestly, Boban is really good but the Spurs aren't going to have him play in the playoffs unless it is absolutely necessary. Why up his stock prior to him signing for a longer contract?

Exactly, they should be playing Tim or LMA in garbage time instead.

MVPCues
03-24-2016, 08:35 AM
Thanks OP! I agree with a few comments in the other thread about him running more upright. Good to see that. Maybe they are working on his conditioning and a little advanced physical therapy is helping him out.

Spurs9
03-24-2016, 08:36 AM
Wow actually pretty impressive, most big men can't even make those shots that far out :lol

lefty
03-24-2016, 08:47 AM
:lmao Camo jerseys

:cry let's honor the men and women who are"defending" our inter .... country

03-24-2016, 08:48 AM
Should he be the first option next year assuming Tim retires?

Best offensive player on the team.

tbh

DisAsTerBot
03-24-2016, 09:50 AM
i enjoyed watching the heat bench, mainly dwade and juwan howard, reacting to boban destroying them

cutewizard
03-24-2016, 10:00 AM

totally agree

:bobo

hater
03-24-2016, 10:03 AM

Every country has a bunch of clown that dress up ridiculiusly like this and pretend to protect the civilians.

Respect our clowns

.G.
03-24-2016, 12:37 PM
:lol

.G.
03-24-2016, 12:39 PM
On a much more serious and pressing matter, I'm glad to see the Bobinator doing his thang outdurr onda court, bullying niggz N shit.

dabom
03-24-2016, 12:40 PM
Boban with the goods.

spurraider21
03-24-2016, 12:51 PM

Says the captain America fanboy :lmao

TheChillFactor
03-24-2016, 12:53 PM
that jumper over his right shoulder is pretty nice.

ceperez
03-24-2016, 01:09 PM
that jumper over his right shoulder is pretty nice.

That hook shot is unstoppable!

hater
03-24-2016, 07:14 PM
Says the captain America fanboy :lmao

:lmao

lefty is the biggest Mcdonalds/Starbucks/Marvel/Apple/AmericanPopCUlture fanboy in the forum :lol

phxspurfan
03-24-2016, 09:41 PM
He looks like Shaq out there

PublicOption
03-24-2016, 09:43 PM
In glad they kept playing Whiteside. It showed how unstoppable Boban is. Its undeniable and pop better play him in the playoffs. Have the warriors even seen this guy in the court? CIA POP. Just waiting to unleash him like a nuke.

spursparker9
03-24-2016, 10:00 PM

:lol

Dingle Barry
03-24-2016, 10:00 PM

The jerseys are fugly obviously, but not sure what your point is. You'd disappear in a lot of countries for posting something like that on the internet.

boutons_deux
03-24-2016, 10:03 PM
Boban needs attitude, a lot more aggression. He seems to be wandering around, being VERY tall, with nice, soft hands, touch. Needs to be a lot tougher, take responsibility for the game's outcome. There's time, I hope.

NameLess Scrub
03-24-2016, 10:46 PM
In glad they kept playing Whiteside. It showed how unstoppable Boban is. Its undeniable and pop better play him in the playoffs. Have the warriors even seen this guy in the court? CIA POP. Just waiting to unleash him like a nuke.

If we blow them out in the playoffs he can abuse the warriors 3rd stringer.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-24-2016, 11:28 PM
Did it for the troops tbh

Genjuro
03-25-2016, 07:38 AM
You can see the problems Boban brings to the team. He's often not agressive enough, he gets pushed around for rebounds, he's not particularly good setting picks for his size, he sometimes looks out of place offensively or he can be a liability on defense due his limited quickness. But he also looks great at times, scores and rebounds at a great rate and even his defense is sometimes like seriously good. I guess it depends on the teams and match-ups he faces, some of it has to do with inconsistency for not enjoying regular playing time and being a NBA rookie, and of course, the garbage-time effect.

All in all, I'm not sold he can become a core player for such a demanding team, especially given the way the NBA is evolving. However, he's in uncharted territory statistically speaking. His PER number is unheard-of for a non-star playing that many minutes. Those coming close are often all-time greats who couldn't play more due injury.

The closest example I could find is Robert Hawkins, who earned a 25.0 PER with the Warriors in the 75/76 season after playing 152 garbage minutes in 32 games (Boban stands at 30.3 PER in 360 minutes and 46 games). Hawkins went to average 19.3 points the following season in the Nets' first NBA campaign, causing some excitement (Sports Illustrated (http://www.si.com/vault/1977/03/07/616419/nets-sink-bubbles-rises) had a feature on him), but he quickly disappeared from the League.

SouthernFried
03-25-2016, 08:49 AM
You can see the problems Boban brings to the team. He's often not agressive enough, he gets pushed around for rebounds, he's not particularly good setting picks for his size, he sometimes looks out of place offensively or he can be a liability on defense due his limited quickness. But he also looks great at times, scores and rebounds at a great rate and even his defense is sometimes like seriously good. I guess it depends on the teams and match-ups he faces, some of it has to do with inconsistency for not enjoying regular playing time and being a NBA rookie, and of course, the garbage-time effect.

All in all, I'm not sold he can become a core player for such a demanding team, especially given the way the NBA is evolving. However, he's in uncharted territory statistically speaking. His PER number is unheard-of for a non-star playing that many minutes. Those coming close are often all-time greats who couldn't play more due injury.

The closest example I could find is Robert Hawkins, who earned a 25.0 PER with the Warriors in the 75/76 season after playing 152 garbage minutes in 32 games (Boban stands at 30.3 PER in 360 minutes and 46 games). Hawkins went to average 19.3 points the following season in the Nets' first NBA campaign, causing some excitement (Sports Illustrated (http://www.si.com/vault/1977/03/07/616419/nets-sink-bubbles-rises) had a feature on him), but he quickly disappeared from the League.

This is amazing research.

YGWHI
03-25-2016, 04:06 PM
Boban needs attitude, a lot more aggression. He seems to be wandering around, being VERY tall, with nice, soft hands, touch. Needs to be a lot tougher, take responsibility for the game's outcome. There's time, I hope.

He will. :flag: