PDA

View Full Version : lol Charlie Strong

Blake
03-24-2016, 10:08 AM
"What’s going to happen when we flip this thing? Where are we going to be then?,” he told the crowd of about a hundred faculty members. “You think about what we’re doing right now, what’s going to happen when we really get it turned?

“They might as well move out of the way, because we are going to steamroll everyone,” he added. “That’s going to happen.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/charlie-strong--texas-is--going-to-steamroll-everyone-222604245.html

leemajors
03-24-2016, 11:39 AM
Not outside the realm of possibility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-ZTIuJFuIM

Blake
03-24-2016, 11:48 AM
Steamrolling Tech's D is like punching wet toilet paper. You don't need Chuck Norris.

Notre Dame didn't really need the bulletin board material tho

cool cat
03-24-2016, 11:51 AM
When we get really good, we are going to be really good. Thanks Charlie... this year is put up or get fired.

Vito Corleone
03-24-2016, 12:35 PM
When we get really good, we are going to be really good. Thanks Charlie... this year is put up or get fired.

BINGO

The flip better happen really quick this year. Notre Dame is going to be good but Texas is a QB away from being really really good on offense. The only real weakness our defense has is DT position. I expect us to be very competitive in every game, I personally think the over/under for this season is 8 games. Less than 8 wins and we are bringing in a new coach, more than 8 wins Charlie gets another year, 10 or more wins he is off the hot seat.

yavozerb
03-24-2016, 01:24 PM
I think UT is good enough to beat anyone at home and that includes ND. I really think that Baylor victory in Waco was huge for this UT group as a confidence builder and the incoming freshman class is pretty good as well. From what I have followed in Strong at UT he usually doesnt play mind games with reporters or players. I think strong says it like he sees it and in my opinion he thinks this team can be really good.

Blake
03-24-2016, 02:37 PM
I really think that Baylor victory in Waco was huge for this UT group as a confidence builder

Lol did Baylor even attempt one pass that game

yavozerb
03-24-2016, 03:27 PM
Lol did Baylor even attempt one pass that game

Same offense that UT beat at Waco dismantled a top 15 team in North Carolina. .

Blake
03-24-2016, 03:39 PM
Same offense that UT beat at Waco dismantled a top 15 team in North Carolina. .

And won't be a one dimensional offense next time around.

If you want to gain confidence from it, by all means, delude yourself. I just don't think the coaches or players buy what you're trying to sell.

Vito Corleone
03-24-2016, 07:15 PM
And won't be a one dimensional offense next time around.

If you want to gain confidence from it, by all means, delude yourself. I just don't think the coaches or players buy what you're trying to sell.

You might not buy it, but they might, especially since they beat a Baylor team that was pretty healthy at every other position except for QB.

We are no stranger to bad luck at the QB spot, it is what it is, injuries are part of the game.

Blake
03-24-2016, 07:24 PM
You might not buy it, but they might, especially since they beat a Baylor team that was pretty healthy at every other position except for QB.

We are no stranger to bad luck at the QB spot, it is what it is, injuries are part of the game.

I can't think of a time where another school was down to option #4 at the most important position.

But hey, I won't stop you from feeling great about that win.

The Reckoning
03-24-2016, 07:39 PM
blake is peeing his pants, after det one.

Blake
03-24-2016, 09:22 PM
When informed of the comments Wednesday, Texas Tech’s Kliff Kingsbury*asked if it was April Fools Day.

“He said that? It’s not April Fools yet, is it? No? He just cut it loose?” Kingsbury asked reporters. “I did not see that, but I would not make those statements. To each his own.”

It's hilarious because the horns aren't gonna steam roll everyone

DMX7
03-24-2016, 10:51 PM
I like his confidence.

Obstructed_View
03-25-2016, 12:23 AM
What actually does "flip this thing" mean? Does he mean playing up to the talent level for a change?

Obstructed_View
03-25-2016, 12:24 AM

I :loled at this one. Junior receiver suddenly shoved into the game at QB, practicing snaps frantically on the sideline.

DesignatedT
03-25-2016, 08:37 AM
:lmao

Blake
03-25-2016, 09:03 AM
I like his confidence.

+1

Solid entertainment value when coaches talk shit

leemajors
03-25-2016, 10:45 AM
+1

Solid entertainment value when coaches talk shit

he should watch this clip about a minute in and learn from it :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s23JTmfJOY

pgardn
03-26-2016, 11:59 AM
he should watch this clip about a minute in and learn from it :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s23JTmfJOY

Parenting...

Coaches who are more interested in playing football than having a Diva interrupting their season. It's so easy to kick a kid off the team.

That at was an example of HS football at its worst. The only person with a bit of sense in his head seemed to be the skinny kid in the red shirt.

spankadelphia
03-28-2016, 01:36 AM
I think Texas will improve next year. But the first half of the schedule is pretty brutal. We'll see what happens.

The Reckoning
03-31-2016, 07:29 AM
aggy laughing is righteous irony

texas4ever
03-31-2016, 08:42 AM
“They might as well move out of the way, because we are going to steamroll everyone,” he added. “That’s going to happen.”

This was referencing recruiting by the way. Not on the field play. Once we start winning "we are going to steamroll everyone in recruiting."

I'll find the link.

texas4ever
03-31-2016, 08:52 AM
Here ya go:

http://texas.247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-DC-Bedford-responds-to-Kingsburys-April-Fools-comments-44555029

Blake
03-31-2016, 10:17 AM
Here ya go:

http://texas.247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-DC-Bedford-responds-to-Kingsburys-April-Fools-comments-44555029

Lol Bedford covering for his boy in Austin.

No, I think Charlie clearly meant on the field.

Vito Corleone
04-01-2016, 12:48 AM
I personally think it will happen with both recruiting and on the field. The big 12 is weak, period, all Texas needs is a QB and we should be the favorites to win this damn conference and make the playoffs. That is the thing about playing all these young pups, they grow up fast and mean, and they remember all the beatings they took.

Blake
04-01-2016, 01:07 AM
Charlie has a rough decision at QB because his status is so shaky.

If he were confident that he'd be around for the next 5 years, it should be a no-brainer to start Beuchele and take the freshman lumps now.

But he's not, so he may try to squeeze a few wins this year and roll with Swoopes

DMX7
04-01-2016, 07:48 PM
Charlie has a rough decision at QB because his status is so shaky.

If he were confident that he'd be around for the next 5 years, it should be a no-brainer to start Beuchele and take the freshman lumps now.

But he's not, so he may try to squeeze a few wins this year and roll with Swoopes

We haven't had a consistent starter at QB since Colt McCoy. It's so hard to believe.

Vito Corleone
04-02-2016, 12:09 PM
If Charlie fails as a coach at Texas, it will be because of the QB position. He has been masterful at developing talent at every other position. If he can't turn it around, I will not be upset he would be leaving this program a lot better than he found it.

I almost wish Texas would go after another QB in the 2017 class or two in 2018, I'm starting to think none of the Black QBs at Texas are going to pan out. (not Racist)

We haven't had a consistent starter at QB since Colt McCoy. It's so hard to believe.

You know Colt was never supposed to be a starter at Texas, we had him and Perrloser penciled in at QB He was just supposed to be at Texas as a career backup, but Perrloser decided to pull his BS and Texas was stuck with only Colt.

Lucky Mack.

Blake
04-02-2016, 01:07 PM
If Charlie fails as a coach at Texas, it will be because of the QB position. He has been masterful at developing talent at every other position.

Lol masterful

Vito Corleone
04-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Texas has 5 Dbs, 3 linebackers, 2 DE, 3 olinemen, 3 receivers, and 2 runningbacks all projected to be drafted over the next 4 seasons. Incredibly, only one of them will be eligible in next years NFL draft. The rest are projected to be in the 2018 and 2019 draft.

I'd say masterful.

Blake
04-02-2016, 05:04 PM
Texas has 5 Dbs, 3 linebackers, 2 DE, 3 olinemen, 3 receivers, and 2 runningbacks all projected to be drafted over the next 4 seasons. Incredibly, only one of them will be eligible in next years NFL draft. The rest are projected to be in the 2018 and 2019 draft.

I'd say masterful.

What were their rivals ratings

Vito Corleone
04-03-2016, 12:08 AM
What were their rivals ratings

Malik was a 5'star so some would call him a no brainer.

Connor Williams, Patrick Vahe, Kent Perkins, John Burt, Armani Foreman, Chris Warren, Anthony Wheeler, Holton Hill, Chris Boyd, Devante Davis, Collin Johnson, Derek Roberson, and Deshon Elliott, were all 4'star

Naashon Hughes and PJ Locke were 3'star

D'Onta Foreman, and Breckyn Hager were 2-star

Blake
04-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Malik was a 5'star so some would call him a no brainer.

Connor Williams, Patrick Vahe, Kent Perkins, John Burt, Armani Foreman, Chris Warren, Anthony Wheeler, Holton Hill, Chris Boyd, Devante Davis, Collin Johnson, Derek Roberson, and Deshon Elliott, were all 4'star

Masterful

Vito Corleone
04-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Our last coaching staff had back to back to back top 5 classes and what did he do with them? How do you have a top 5 class and none of them get drafted?

Blake
04-03-2016, 04:27 PM
Our last coaching staff had back to back to back top 5 classes and what did he do with them? How do you have a top 5 class and none of them get drafted?

That was terrible coaching.

Obstructed_View
04-04-2016, 06:03 AM

I'd say masterful.

The rest of the world sees all the talent they manage to recruit and wonder why their record isn't better. They were super proud of managing to hold on against a Baylor team with far less talent and a wide receiver playing quarterback.

Vito Corleone
04-04-2016, 08:49 AM
The rest of the world sees all the talent they manage to recruit and wonder why their record isn't better. They were super proud of managing to hold on against a Baylor team with far less talent and a wide receiver playing quarterback.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. For Texas last year that link was the QB position. Year before it was the oline. Hell maybe it is the coaches. Point being if you have great recruiting at all positions except one, you are going to have trouble because good coaches will see it and find a way to exploit it.

Obstructed_View
04-04-2016, 09:01 AM
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. For Texas last year that link was the QB position. Year before it was the oline. Hell maybe it is the coaches. Point being if you have great recruiting at all positions except one, you are going to have trouble because good coaches will see it and find a way to exploit it.

UT passed on Andrew Luck, Johnny Manziel, Jameis Winston and JT Barrett. Masterful.

leemajors
04-04-2016, 10:23 AM
UT passed on Andrew Luck, Johnny Manziel, Jameis Winston and JT Barrett. Masterful.

Macksterful.

Blake
04-04-2016, 12:48 PM

Baker Mayfield, RG3, Michael Brewer, I'm sure I can come up with more

Obstructed_View
04-04-2016, 04:25 PM
Baker Mayfield, RG3, Michael Brewer, I'm sure I can come up with more

I don't think Griffin was ever interested in UT. He was going to UH until Briles moved to Baylor, and he followed partially because they have a good track program.

Vito Corleone
04-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Mack got lazy in his recruiting, that is why we are in the position we are in. The fact that he wanted to hang on for one more year because he was sure he had a championship in 2014 is enough to tell you how much he dropped. The man stopped caring after 2009.

Blake
04-04-2016, 10:56 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/1/31/2758874/national-signing-day-texas-baylor-recruiting-robert-griffin

Says UT offered RG as an athlete not a qb

DMX7
04-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Nobody knows what Mack was doing those last few years.

Obstructed_View
04-10-2016, 02:50 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/1/31/2758874/national-signing-day-texas-baylor-recruiting-robert-griffin

Says UT offered RG as an athlete not a qb

Nice catch. Thank you.

Even more damning that they didn't even entertain the idea of having him play QB. Not that he probably would have done well being shoehorned into their offense.