:lmao blames the media for calling him a system player
:lmao "i know you guys like to throw that term around"

https://i.gyazo.com/5cdf2d85cfa113a59a40c5a8ec003165.png

james evans
03-24-2016, 11:03 PM
is this real? where is the link?

loveforthegame
03-24-2016, 11:09 PM
Here's a clip of the second part of the answer.

KenziE
03-24-2016, 11:40 PM
Game meets game

wingster
03-24-2016, 11:43 PM
Joining the Spurs, confirmed.

Except...not

SpurPadre
03-25-2016, 12:13 AM
It's still a backhanded compliment, though and he still makes it known he thinks George is better. And he says Kawhi is "probably" one of the best defensive players in the league. He fucking won defensive player of the year, dipshit. Fuck that piece of shit.

ElNono
03-25-2016, 12:14 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bg91djgCcAAsPDM.jpg

Obstructed_View
03-25-2016, 12:25 AM
"...anymore." - KD

Spurtacular
03-25-2016, 12:29 AM
N/M.

Spurtacular
03-25-2016, 12:30 AM
Here's a clip of the second part of the answer.

Hmmm. So, did Durant even use the term 'system player'?

gambit1990
03-25-2016, 12:39 AM
fuck kevin durant.

03-25-2016, 12:58 AM
Kawhi's is his conference rival, what do you people expect him to say?

SAGirl
03-25-2016, 01:21 AM

Finally realizing it after getting outplayed by him :lol
Had to rectify what he said. Good for him too, after KA called Kawhi an MVP on Twitter.
Besides they will likely play for team USA together he had to put pride aside.

I bet those who want Durant to the Spurs in the summer are going crazy over this one.

KDKSpurs24
03-25-2016, 03:10 AM
Hmmm. So, did Durant even use the term 'system player'?
No. Not the term.

davidbowie
03-25-2016, 03:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBQ2mjkvYY8

TheGreatYacht
03-25-2016, 03:32 AM
He's coming back to Texas

TheGreatYacht
03-25-2016, 03:37 AM
Seriously though, what is it with Spurstalk and former all stars? :lol Every time a player and the Spurs get linked, ST rejects the guy if he's a former all star. It's weird.

I'm sorry but Kostas Galfinoklauschitz the European late second round prospect isn't going to replace the Big 3. Things evolve, leave that "built not bought" shit behind.

-21-
03-25-2016, 04:16 AM
:lmao

DenialTwist
03-25-2016, 04:20 AM
I can't see Durant on the Spurs. Look at the way Kawhi goes at him when the spurs and the thunder play, and even when they beat OKC in the 2014 playoffs. Durant is still upset about it, obviously. If you watched his documentary on HBO after the spurs won the title and Kawhi won the Finals MVP it didn't sit well with Durant so he made that twitter comment about Kawhi being a system player. Durant was filmed watching the Finals with his friends and he looked sad. If Durant goes to the Warriors, I don't think I can watch the NBA anymore lol. That's just unfair. It was reported that he wants to be wined and dined this summer, so we'll see where he ends up. Hope he goes to the Wizards but I think he will still end up staying in OKC on a one year deal.

Also KD's comment about Kawhi being in a system and a position to be the player he is, doesn't account for the work Kawhi put in the regular season and offseason to improve all aspects of his game. No one expected him to be shooting at a 46% clip from three. He is shooting off the dribble, in transition and catch and shoot more consistently this season. His hard work is paying off.

Thomas82
03-25-2016, 06:53 AM

ROTFLMAO

SPURt
03-25-2016, 07:44 AM
The funniest part is there are no tweets or rebuttals from Kawhi. Just a bunch of reporters asking if KD has had enough crow to eat

KenziE
03-25-2016, 08:26 AM
The funniest part is there are no tweets or rebuttals from Kawhi. Just a bunch of reporters asking if KD has had enough crow to eat

so true

kawhi just let his game do the talking .... Durant is in for a long series if ever they play in rd 2 i cant wait, cannot wait !!!

exstatic
03-25-2016, 09:13 AM
Just a beta submissive move in preparation for Saturday's beat down.

exstatic
03-25-2016, 09:18 AM

Not a huge surprise. He's only ever dropped 4 tweets, and none since JULY...

Canyonero
03-25-2016, 09:48 AM
He's ready for the D

loveforthegame
03-25-2016, 10:13 AM
This article has the original tweets before they were deleted, his FB apology, and clips of what he's saying now.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/oklahoma-city-thunder-san-antonio-spurs-kevin-durant-kawhi-leonard-paul-george-032516

cjw
03-25-2016, 11:11 AM
I'd welcome him with open arms if he wanted to come play in SA. Snowball's chance in hell, but if he ever wanted to come you do what you have to (short of moving Kawhi and LMA - the latter because you don't treat your recently signed FA that way), and ask questions later.

There's a good chance that the degree of beat down they get from the Spurs dictates his FA this summer. If it's a long series or they win, he stays. 5 games or sweep and he bolts. Though he'd be leaving money on the table by not waiting a year till everyone including the Spurs has max space.

SupremeGuy
03-25-2016, 11:54 AM
Even that year he was salty as fuck as said that shit, ESPN or some niggas did a study and showed that Durant was more of "system" player.

SupremeGuy
03-25-2016, 11:56 AM
Seriously though, what is it with Spurstalk and former all stars? :lol Every time a player and the Spurs get linked, ST rejects the guy if he's a former all star. It's weird.

I'm sorry but Kostas Galfinoklauschitz the European late second round prospect isn't going to replace the Big 3. Things evolve, leave that "built not bought" shit behind.Faggot deflecting. Are you a fan of our best player? Your crush is getting smashed by dudes she don't even know dog. :lol Faggot.

apalisoc_9
03-25-2016, 11:57 AM
Faggot deflecting. Are you a fan of our best player? Your crush is getting smashed by dudes she don't even know dog. :lol Faggot.

:lmao

TheGreatYacht
03-25-2016, 12:15 PM
Faggot deflecting. Are you a fan of our best player? Your crush is getting smashed by dudes she don't even know dog. :lol Faggot.
What the fuck are you talking about, fat boy? :lol You look like chumlee, that ain't my fault. If you weren't a virgin and actually had a daughter, Kawhi would ignore her ugly ass mug.

Also, quit wearing sweaters in the summer, love handles

soxxx
03-25-2016, 02:56 PM
You know what? Two years ago I felt Durant was the better player on a weaker team, now I can say Leonard is the better player despite being on a better team, while Durant is no longer the best player on his own team.

Truth be told, Durant and Co. blew the finals while Kawhi made sure his team won it.

YGWHI
03-25-2016, 02:58 PM
You know what? Two years ago I felt Durant was the better player on a weaker team, now I can say Leonard is the better player despite being on a better team, while Durant is no longer the best player on his own team.

Truth be told, Durant and Co. blew the finals while Kawhi made sure his team won it.

:tu

Spur|n|Austin
03-25-2016, 03:43 PM
:lol awesome eat those words KD. Yummy huh?

dweaver99027
03-25-2016, 03:46 PM
What Durant said less than two years ago( the fact that he said 'three years ago' is telling of his being frustrated with the incident being mentioned) was that Kawhi was not better than Paul george because Kawhi was made to look better than he actually was due to the Spurs' system aiding him more than the average team system would. He never said 'system player'. He said he thought PG was better, which was a legitimate opinion 2 years ago. Gotta love the media. Tell you what, next time you hear a prominent figure, whether that be a basketball player or the aspiring President giving canned responses to burning questions, don't blame said figure. Blame the media twisting everything to give people what they think they want to hear.

lefty20
03-25-2016, 04:02 PM

turkish spurs fan
03-25-2016, 04:14 PM
haha durant learning too fast :lol

Lostwingman
03-25-2016, 04:30 PM
Kawhi's is his conference rival, what do you people expect him to say?I expect him to be a bit more honest about the things he's said.

soxxx
03-25-2016, 04:46 PM
Even that year he was salty as fuck as said that shit, ESPN or some niggas did a study and showed that Durant was more of "system" player.
Durant has faded into oblivion, its actually kinda crazy. He and Paul George were like two most talked about behind Lebron James, both have dropped off the face of the earth.

bic50
03-25-2016, 05:01 PM
Durant has faded into oblivion, its actually kinda crazy. He and Paul George were like two most talked about behind Lebron James, both have dropped off the face of the earth.

Agreed. Pg and durant are still very good but I think with the way curry is playing and everyone jumping in the warriors bandwagon, they have just been forgotten.

YGWHI
03-25-2016, 05:11 PM
Agreed. Pg and durant are still very good but I think with the way curry is playing and everyone jumping in the warriors bandwagon, they have just been forgotten.

Also, KD and PG wanted to take LBJ crown on SFs but they didn't expect Kawhi's emergence...And now people start to realize that a great and super-efficient two way player like Kawhi can be better than KD playing just one end of the court.

03-25-2016, 06:05 PM
How can you say this when Kawhi blew the 2013 finals? :lol Durant was great in the finals, Westbrook and harden didn't show up.

dabom
03-25-2016, 06:38 PM
How can you say this when Kawhi blew the 2013 finals? :lol Durant was great in the finals, Westbrook and harden didn't show up.

Are you saying Kawhi blew the 2013 Finals? Im just wondering.

03-25-2016, 06:40 PM
Are you saying Kawhi blew the 2013 Finals? Im just wondering.
https://bendavidwong.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/screen-shot-2013-06-22-at-7-03-40-pm.png

Cost us our first 5th. Grim business.

dabom
03-25-2016, 06:43 PM
https://bendavidwong.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/screen-shot-2013-06-22-at-7-03-40-pm.png

Cost us our first 5th. Grim business.

He was the best player for the Spurs faggot. :lmao

Revived the franchise. :lmao

1 missed free throw isn't shit when your star player missing 20+ shots a game. :lmao

03-25-2016, 06:58 PM
He was the best player for the Spurs faggot. :lmao

Revived the franchise. :lmao

1 missed free throw isn't shit when your star player missing 20+ shots a game. :lmao
When it was winning time, this guy stepped. Too bad he had no help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6AKrqv_Yq0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPxEmxKf0Dc

dabom
03-25-2016, 07:06 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/tony-parker-misses-game-winner-may-illegal-play-072304921.html

Dude missed the go ahead championship shot. He fucked us out a championship and a FMVP for himself.

Silver&Black
03-25-2016, 07:09 PM
Same faggots arguing over the same shit.....every single day.

Kawhi fans vs. Parker fans Round 3527

soxxx
03-25-2016, 07:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPxEmxKf0DcParker was superb in 2012 and 2013, I honestly felt outside of Lebron, he was the best player in the NBA at the time. Those shots would have been played for a long time had we won it....

rasuo214
03-25-2016, 07:16 PM

Kawhi was a 2nd year player, you could even put him in the rookie category because of the strike shortened season plus no training camp during his actual rookie year. Also pretty sure he wasn't the one with 8 turnovers.

Durant was in his 5th year.

apalisoc_9
03-25-2016, 08:04 PM
Porker being clutch :lmao

SoonerSpur512
03-25-2016, 08:15 PM
How many of you would trade Kawhi for Durant straight up right now? (Not taking into account contract situations). I know I wouldn't

Mnky
03-25-2016, 11:28 PM
Asked if he regrets the 2014 tweet -- which he deleted shortly after -- Durant said, "No, I don't. At the time, I didn't even call him a system player. I just said Paul George was better. I like Paul George better as a player. I can be a fan of the game too. One of my guys was debating with me, saying [Leonard] was better than Paul George at the time, and I didn't think so.

"I'm not taking it back. I said the system is the reason why he's out there; Pop put him in great positions to be the player that he is. No, I don't regret it at all. That was three years ago. If he hasn't grown, that's on him. But he's grown as a player, but yeah, I don't take it back."

I don't see anything wrong with what he said tbh. Every thing he said makes sense. Kawhi is not the player he is today without the spurs development. We can run what if scenarios all day, Pop has masterfully chiseled Kawhi as a player since day one. Called him the future face of the franchise long before anyone else. He didn't so that with Tony or manu.

Durant said what spurfan brags about all the time. Having a great system of an owner, GM, and coach on the same page and doing what it takes to put their players in position to be their best.

I'm thankful to be a fan of that system. Durant said he was giving the spurs props as much as anything, and although in sure he was salty, he didn't say anything wrong tbh.

TheGreatYacht
03-25-2016, 11:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPxEmxKf0Dc
Top 3 poster, easily :tu

YGWHI
03-25-2016, 11:38 PM
I don't see anything wrong with what he said tbh. Every thing he said makes sense. Kawhi is not the player he is today without the spurs development. We can run what if scenarios all day, Pop has masterfully chiseled Kawhi as a player since day one. Called him the future face of the franchise long before anyone else. He didn't so that with Tony or manu.

It's wrong when KD/people forget that not every player improves, they need to have Kawhi's talent and his strong work ethic to become one of the best in the league.

Many other Spurs wings had the same opportunities playing for the same coach and no one developed like Kawhi.

It's time to start recognize Kawhi as a talented player not just a "big hands" guy.

PopTheGOAT
03-25-2016, 11:45 PM
Same faggots arguing over the same shit.....every single day.

Kawhi fans vs. Parker fans Round 3527
Yep, these faggots holding ST down. Makes you have to filter through the bullshit in every thread

Mnky
03-25-2016, 11:48 PM
It's wrong when KD/people forget that not every player improves, they need to have Kawhi's talent and his strong work ethic to become one of the best in the league.

Many other Spurs wings had the same opportunities playing for the same coach and no one developed like Kawhi.

It's time to start recognize Kawhi as a talented player not just a "big hands" guy.

KD put him in the top tier of the NBA. He can't put him in any higher regard outside saying he's the best, which he isn't.
Kawhi wasn't a two way player before this year. He was capable of having a big game, but not regularity like he did this year. He was mostly a spot up shooter who would gets quite a few points on steals and fast breaks, not to mention being on the end of lots of great passing. He definitely benefited from playing with legit a mite post up threats, attacking guards and other great shooters. Not to mention the best coach in the NBA.

This year Kawhi has ascended, and Durant gave him all the props of his various abilities.

Spurfan just picked a tweet aimed at causing drama instead of reading the actual article.

Benoit
03-26-2016, 12:04 AM
Pop is the best coach in the history of the NBA

Duncan and Kawhi wouldnt be where they are today without him, no doubt about it

Duncan would have been Chris Webber and Kawhi would be Tobias Harris without Pop

DMC
03-26-2016, 12:05 AM
Neither Parker nor Leonard would piss down your throats if you were dressed as a urinal and dying of thirst.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-26-2016, 12:08 AM
Fuck Kevin Durant

03-26-2016, 01:03 AM
Top 3 poster, easily :tu
Means a lot coming from another top 3 poster :tu

TheGreatYacht
03-26-2016, 01:10 AM
Means a lot coming from another top 3 poster :tu
:bobo

DarrinS
03-26-2016, 07:50 AM
^these last two posts :lmao

dabom
03-26-2016, 08:54 AM
:lol

cd021
03-26-2016, 09:27 AM
Also, KD and PG wanted to take LBJ crown on SFs but they didn't expect Kawhi's emergence...And now people start to realize that a great and super-efficient two way player like Kawhi can be better than KD playing just one end of the court.

I actually think KD is a good defender. His length and athleticism allows him to recover to his man and contest or force them to drive. With Ibaka and Adams protecting the cup, that allows him to a few steps off his man when they don't have the ball in their hands.

Durant is still better than Kawhi

but at 24 and without 3 foot surgeries, I'd take :CLAW going forward. 21ppg, 7 rpg, 2 spg and 1 bpg per and 50/45/88 is stellar for someone Kawhi's age

bic50
03-26-2016, 09:38 AM

Durant said what spurfan brags about all the time. Having a great system of an owner, GM, and coach on the same page and doing what it takes to put their players in position to be their best.

I'm thankful to be a fan of that system. Durant said he was giving the spurs props as much as anything, and although in sure he was salty, he didn't say anything wrong tbh.

The problem with that is it gives almost no credit to Kawhi at all. Just like saying he's not the player he is today without the spurs development. Kawhi has had alot to do with his own development and was even said to be a gym rat by his college coach, he just has the drive and work ethic and works hard to improve.
Pop called kawhi the future face of the franchise mostly because the big 3 were nearing the end of their careers and there were questions about the future of the team when those 3 are gone, so pop called him the future. Pop didn't say that about manu or parker at the time because TD was still young and was undoubtedly the present and future face of the franchise at the time.
KD was definitely salty and it was clear he was trying to discredit kawhi then give the spurs props. KD, pg, lebron are friends and are known to workout together during the offseason, kd seemed to be trying to take up for his friend pg more then anything. It's funny because neither pg or lebron did that even though all the talk about how kawhi beat lebron and how kawhi was better then pg, you would expect one of them or both to come out and say what kd did but didn't.
I'm now actually glad kd did that though, because kawhi has a chip on his shoulder and takes it to kd hard everytime they face eachother. It's great to see.

bic50
03-26-2016, 09:45 AM
KD put him in the top tier of the NBA. He can't put him in any higher regard outside saying he's the best, which he isn't.
Kawhi wasn't a two way player before this year. He was capable of having a big game, but not regularity like he did this year. He was mostly a spot up shooter who would gets quite a few points on steals and fast breaks, not to mention being on the end of lots of great passing. He definitely benefited from playing with legit a mite post up threats, attacking guards and other great shooters. Not to mention the best coach in the NBA.

This year Kawhi has ascended, and Durant gave him all the props of his various abilities.

Spurfan just picked a tweet aimed at causing drama instead of reading the actual article.

Kawhi was definitely a 2 way player last season.

JohnnyMax
03-26-2016, 09:57 AM
Durant lacks lebrons basketball iq. He shoots when he isnt suppose to. Passes at the wrong time, late on the switch alot. He is who he is at this point. Small market is the only reason the media doesnt fry him like they do melo and chris paul.

TheGreatYacht
03-26-2016, 12:47 PM
Durant lacks lebrons basketball iq. He shoots when he isnt suppose to. Passes at the wrong time, late on the switch alot. He is who he is at this point. Small market is the only reason the media doesnt fry him like they do melo and chris paul.
Chris Paul is one of the least criticized players in the league, tbh :lol

Stephen A and other media members come at Durant harder than any other superstar not named Lebron. His MVP season was easily better than Currys last year and he barely got media coverage that year, besides the crying speech.

barakz21
03-26-2016, 02:57 PM
Chris Paul is one of the least criticized players in the league, tbh :lol

Stephen A and other media members come at Durant harder than any other superstar not named Lebron. His MVP season was easily better than Currys last year and he barely got media coverage that year, besides the crying speech.

Don't forget the countless memes it spawned. :lol

TheGreatYacht
03-26-2016, 04:47 PM
Don't forget the countless memes it spawned. :lol
Yup lmao

SupremeGuy
03-26-2016, 07:09 PM
^these last two posts :lmao:lol

TheDoctor
03-27-2016, 08:20 PM
He's back-pedaling. Durant to San Antonio confirmed.

koriwhat
03-28-2016, 11:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBQ2mjkvYY8

Horrible wannabe rap

$pursDynasty
03-28-2016, 05:43 PM
He's back-pedaling. Durant to San Antonio confirmed.
even if he is, it would still be nice for :clawto end his 20 points per game streak for him on our last home game of the season, systematically.