PDA

View Full Version : Does the streak end tomorrow?

fusionjazzman72
03-24-2016, 10:57 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15061551/kawhi-leonard-danny-green-miss-san-antonio-spurs-shot-history

Would like to see them continue the streak.

Thoughts??

Kawhitstorm
03-24-2016, 11:02 PM
Pop is resting Danny b/c this is the perfect match-up to start K-Mart as he can hide on either Tony Allen or Matt Barnes. Although, Tony Allen might put the clamps on him on the other end.:lol (Kyle will probably get destroyed by Matt Barnes)

Lance Stephenson might go off just like Jeremy Lin if the bench decides not to guard him.

This is going to be a low scoring affair where the Spurs have to hold them under 80 b/c I don't think they will break 90 unless LMA grows a pair & abuses Z-Bo.

spursistan
03-24-2016, 11:04 PM
Hope Zbo miss the game..he is listed as questionable..Spurs will be severely lacking in shooting and perimeter D...this really could be an unceremonious way for the streak to end..LMA + one BiG 3 member has to have +20 game to pull it off.you'd hope for Bonner to knock few 3s..

Kawhitstorm
03-24-2016, 11:06 PM
Hope Zbo miss the game..he is listed as questionable..Spurs will be severely lacking in shooting and perimeter D...this really could be an unceremonious way for the streak to end..LMA + one BiG 3 member has to have +20 game to pull it off.you'd hope for Bonner to knock few 3s..

This is the perfect opportunity for Porker to have a flashback game considering he's matched up against Ray & the Grizz don't have shot blockers. It would be poetic justice if Ray ended the streak by torching Porker.:lol

apalisoc_9
03-24-2016, 11:10 PM
Hoping kawhi plays saturday against okc...would have had 72 hours of rest already.

100%duncan
03-24-2016, 11:12 PM
Gonna be a bad look if we lose tbh. Still a way better team than memphis :lol

TXstbobcat
03-24-2016, 11:15 PM
Streak will continue. Spurs will beat the Grizzlies tomorow night.

Spurtacular
03-24-2016, 11:50 PM
In addition to being without Leonard, San Antonio is sitting Green and reserves Boris Diaw (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2167/boris-diaw) and Patty Mills (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4004/patty-mills) for rest on Friday.

So....

Parker
Manu
Tim
West
Boban
Martin
Simmons
Bonner
Fathead
Miller
LMA

03-24-2016, 11:57 PM
Eh, the Spurs' first priority is staying healthy. If the Spurs were the only ones chasing the home wins record, then maybe Pop shouldn't rest so many players at once. But the Warriors will probably get the 41-0 home record so there's no point in trying to chase after them. Spurs might still pull a win since they can David West and Miller should fill in no problem.

Unlike many on this forum, I think a shot at NBA history is worth not resting so many players at once. If the Spurs were the only team going for the undefeated at home record, then they should go for it (within reason). Just like the Warriors should not be resting too many players down the stretch. The Warriors have a shot at NBA fucking history. This isn't some trivial record like "record for most wins on games played on a Tuesday night." The Warriors are going for both the record for the most all time wins in the NBA and the first undefeated home record. People will remember these two records decades from now.

Duncanforthree
03-25-2016, 12:54 AM
Grizz
Raptors
Pels
Warriors
OKC.

We could be 39-0 and drop one of the last two.

I still say go for it.

spurs10
03-25-2016, 01:10 AM
Eh, the Spurs' first priority is staying healthy. If the Spurs were the only ones chasing the home wins record, then maybe Pop shouldn't rest so many players at once. But the Warriors will probably get the 41-0 home record so there's no point in trying to chase after them. Spurs might still pull a win since they can David West and Miller should fill in no problem.

Unlike many on this forum, I think a shot at NBA history is worth not resting so many players at once. If the Spurs were the only team going for the undefeated at home record, then they should go for it (within reason). Just like the Warriors should not be resting too many players down the stretch. The Warriors have a shot at NBA fucking history. This isn't some trivial record like "record for most wins on games played on a Tuesday night." The Warriors are going for both the record for the most all time wins in the NBA and the first undefeated home record. People will remember these two records decades from now. If you win any of these regular season titles and inevitably lose in the playoffs, that is what will be remembered.

tbdog
03-25-2016, 01:39 AM
Unless Randolph plays, we are against Mccalum, Allen, Stephenson, Barnes, Anderson, and a bench of Green, Hollins, Hariston and Farmer. No, I am not concerned when we have the two best players on the court LMA and TD, and even add Manu and West before I can even consider Stephens and Barnes being better players.

SAGirl
03-25-2016, 01:46 AM
I don't know what to tell you. We have won games without Kawhi and a mix of Manu or Tim, but not without him and w/o Mills, + Danny, + Diaw.

This may be the ultimate test for Kyle and Martin. Kawhi and Danny both missing from a game is a rarity and on defense will be a tremendous challenge regardless if it's a Tony Allen/Matt Barnes, frankly. Probably on purpose by Pop to have those two work together and all, very Machiavellian as both guys have subbed for each other for the most part but rarely worked together unless it's garbage time, and some of their time in the court KA was a 4 too, not the same.

Then on the bench an opportunity to play Miller and Simmons with Manu, Boban, Dwest? Might Pop start Simmons and bring Martin off the bench? Simmons hasn't exactly being playing well in the dleague either, but he might want to show off for Pop and Manu can make everyone better. Frankly they will miss shooting bc Miller is not a shooter and Simmons a reluctant one and h as been going through a cold shooting streak.

It should be interesting but unusual. I don't know what to expect. I think Pop expects to win regardless and is going to put guys in uncomfortable situations to see who sinks and who swims. CIA Pop.

SAGirl
03-25-2016, 01:53 AM
Unless Randolph plays, we are against Mccalum, Allen, Stephenson, Barnes, Anderson, and a bench of Green, Hollins, Hariston and Farmer. No, I am not concerned when we have the two best players on the court LMA and TD, and even add Manu and West before I can even consider Stephens and Barnes being better players.
Good points. :tu feeling better about this.

TheGreatYacht
03-25-2016, 03:57 AM
Duncan
Aldridge
Tyrannosaurus Head
Martin
Parker

Marjanovic
West
Simmons
Ginobili
Miller

I think Martin will hit our only 3 :lol tbh

-21-
03-25-2016, 04:14 AM
I'd be very surprised if it does. No Gasol & Conley, they play hard but I don't think that will be enough to beat the Spurs.

davidbowie
03-25-2016, 04:14 AM
Yes.

DenialTwist
03-25-2016, 04:23 AM
I saw Lance Stephenson's snapchat. He was talking about being in San Antonio and practicing on the court. I have a bad feeling Lance is gonna go off on the spurs lol

Mal
03-25-2016, 04:53 AM
Duncan
Aldridge
Tyrannosaurus Head
Martin
Parker

Marjanovic
West
Simmons
Ginobili
Miller

I think Martin will hit our only 3 :lol tbh

Easy corner 3pt for Miller off Manu`s pass

benefactor
03-25-2016, 05:47 AM
Probably. Pop is has to be pretty damn tired of the home win streak by now.

buttsR4rebounding
03-25-2016, 06:04 AM
I think Martin goes for 15 to 20 points tonight in Mills' spot. if you are going to be missing a big chunk of your defense I guess playing one of the 8 NBA teams averaging under 100 points is a positive.

Thomas82
03-25-2016, 06:51 AM

+1

bklynspursfan
03-25-2016, 08:04 AM
We should be able to take care of business if guys show up. Need a good game from parker and aldridge.

I think our undefeated record on 2nd nights of b2bs is in far more trouble lol

Boogie Munster
03-25-2016, 08:27 AM
Boban going for 40 tonight.

FromWayDowntown
03-25-2016, 08:30 AM
Bill Kennedy has the game. Streak was over anyway.

urunobili
03-25-2016, 08:48 AM
The Raptors will...

Spurtacular
03-25-2016, 08:51 AM

Unlike many on this forum, I think a shot at NBA history is worth not resting so many players at once. If the Spurs were the only team going for the undefeated at home record, then they should go for it (within reason). Just like the Warriors should not be resting too many players down the stretch. The Warriors have a shot at NBA fucking history. This isn't some trivial record like "record for most wins on games played on a Tuesday night." The Warriors are going for both the record for the most all time wins in the NBA and the first undefeated home record. People will remember these two records decades from now.

* The competition was sh** in 2015-16

So, who really cares that much? Granted that's pretty much what it takes about any year for a team to be so dominant at home. Maybe, the exception would be the 85-87 Celtics.

Spurtacular
03-25-2016, 08:52 AM
Bill Kennedy has the game. Streak was over anyway.

Did that guy buy a home in SA? He's always there.

Dex
03-25-2016, 09:14 AM
We ain't losing to the Grizzlie's D-squad.

All Mighty Janitor
03-25-2016, 10:42 AM
The Grizzlies have been playing some inspired ball. Even with all the injuries they have been competitive. We can't be on cruise control like we have been against sub par teams. Hopefully people being out for us creates a sense of urgency otherwise this could be a close game.

MultiTroll
03-25-2016, 11:21 AM
Unleash Boban.
Give Simmons some burn.

Need to play hungry.
Fat Boris probably still going to be in coast mode. Nice game vs Golden State but I don't think even 4 cappuccinos gets him up for this game.

03-25-2016, 12:03 PM
If you win any of these regular season titles and inevitably lose in the playoffs, that is what will be remembered.
Yeah but you those regular season accomplishments + a championship will cement you as one the best team in the history of the NBA. And you need that regular season accomplishment first. Again, this isn't a trivial record, these two records will be remembered and will be hard to break/reached again.

03-25-2016, 12:05 PM
* The competition was sh** in 2015-16

So, who really cares that much? Granted that's pretty much what it takes about any year for a team to be so dominant at home. Maybe, the exception would be the 85-87 Celtics.
No one will remember the competition 10 years from now. All they will see is a 73-9 or 74-8 record and a 41-0 record at home. And if the Warriors win the championship this year too... they will forever be remembered as one of the best teams ever in the NBA. And you can bet the mainstream NBA fans will be forever touting the Warriors as the best team in NBA history.

Budkin
03-25-2016, 12:11 PM
No way it ends against the Grizz

Spurtacular
03-25-2016, 12:33 PM
No one will remember the competition 10 years from now. All they will see is a 73-9 or 74-8 record and a 41-0 record at home. And if the Warriors win the championship this year too... they will forever be remembered as one of the best teams ever in the NBA. And you can bet the mainstream NBA fans will be forever touting the Warriors as the best team in NBA history.

Well, 98 percent of NBA fans are dumb asses. But the people in the know will still know what's what.

phxspurfan
03-25-2016, 06:46 PM
We will crush the Grizz. They are so depleted.

SAGirl
03-25-2016, 11:12 PM
Well we didn't quite crush them.
All of their perimeter players went off. :lol
But we did win thanks to :lma

YGWHI
03-25-2016, 11:26 PM
Grizz won in Cleveland a few weeks ago and tonight...it was a close game.

Joerger for COY, he lost 7 players and still #5 :tu

UNT Eagles 2016
03-26-2016, 12:05 AM
Grizz won in Cleveland a few weeks ago and tonight...it was a close game.

Joerger for COY, he lost 7 players and still #5 :tu
Wasn't that when they still had Gasol/Zeebo, Conley, etc?

YGWHI
03-26-2016, 12:27 AM
Wasn't that when they still had Gasol/Zeebo, Conley, etc?

No. March, 7th. Grizz 106-103 Cavs. Hairston, Chambers, Green, Hollins, Allen in the ST lineup.

http://www.nba.com/games/20160307/MEMCLE/gameinfo.html