PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Anderson........

Atl Spur
03-26-2016, 09:30 PM
I need this dude to grow a set of balls!! He plays way to passive for me and has the physical tools to dominate. Wake the hell up dude and play to your potential. Just being happy to be on the same court with some of the games greats is the wrong attitude...... become a great!! Kawhi is your example.

100%duncan
03-26-2016, 09:35 PM
Dude really doesnt have the physical tools to dominate tbh :lol

Kawhitstorm
03-26-2016, 09:37 PM

Luke Walton 2.0:lol

Texas_Ranger
03-26-2016, 09:38 PM
spurs are fucked if this vagina will play in the playoffs.

bklynspursfan
03-26-2016, 09:40 PM
He definitely is passive, hesitant, and indecisive far too much. It's similar to the frustration when Boris would pass up open shots at times and Pop would chew into him.

He's shown he can post smaller guys, but he needs to spend all summer with Chip working on speeding up his release, and doing whatever he needs to do to be confident enough to take the open looks he gets. It hurts our offense with him hesitating more times than not. There is some potential for him. He has good size and vision. But he's not ready for playoffs minutes at this point in a closely contested game imho.

100%duncan
03-26-2016, 09:43 PM
Inb4

"troll"
"not being used enough"
"inexperience"

dabom
03-26-2016, 09:43 PM

:lol

K...
03-26-2016, 09:44 PM
OH NO the 29th pic in the draft can't guard Durant!!!!!!! THe future is ruined!!!

Wake me up when kyle is 26. If he is still not shooting open shots then he's a legit failure. until then hes a useful project.

On defense, he definitely can only use his length to make up for slowness so much. And elite guys will exploit him. But that'll never be his game. I don't think his role is even set. POP just wants him to be backup SF but his future is point forward.

K...
03-26-2016, 09:46 PM

he has size and length. oh and role players don't need to dominate. Judge him on the cojo scale. He was drafted in the late first like cojo. Don't compare them as players, but on development. Not every player is kawhi. No one is.

sasaint
03-26-2016, 09:49 PM
He definitely is passive, hesitant, and indecisive far too much. It's similar to the frustration when Boris would pass up open shots at times and Pop would chew into him.

He's shown he can post smaller guys, but he needs to spend all summer with Chip working on speeding up his release, and doing whatever he needs to do to be confident enough to take the open looks he gets. It hurts our offense with him hesitating more times than not. There is some potential for him. He has good size and vision. But he's not ready for playoffs minutes at this point in a closely contested game imho.

Good points. But I believe no small part of the problem rests on Pop's shoulders. He literally has played Kyle at every position this season. That is a lot of different stuff to throw at a very young guy. Some confusion should be expected. And confusion breeds hesitancy and passiveness. Pop is trying to figure out the guy's skill set and where it can be used to the best advantage. Very mentally challenging, though, for Kyle.

AZK619
03-26-2016, 09:53 PM
:tu

Atl Spur
03-26-2016, 09:54 PM
When I speak of tools, it is not common place in the nba for someone 6ft9 ish with a 7"2 + wingspan , ballhandling ability, high basketball IQ..... My problem with Kyle is he doesn't want it and its so obvious. Keep your out to the side like all good defenders do and you wingspan alone helps you out immensely. Get in shape and try harder than what your presently doing!! All that soft ass interior play has to go now!!

apalisoc_9
03-26-2016, 09:55 PM
It's not easy to go from hardly any touches to trying to dominate games. I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but the chances of someone with kyle's offensive responsibility to go from being a part of the offense to trying to a focal point of the offense is like less than 10%...It's not something that happens.

LakerHater
03-26-2016, 10:00 PM
Dudes always lost in Defensive assignments!

bklynspursfan
03-26-2016, 10:03 PM
Good points. But I believe no small part of the problem rests on Pop's shoulders. He literally has played Kyle at every position this season. That is a lot of different stuff to throw at a very young guy. Some confusion should be expected. And confusion breeds hesitancy and passiveness. Pop is trying to gig urge out the guy's skill set and where it can be used to the best advantage. Very mentally challenging, though, for Kyle.

True, but early on, many times he played with the same unit (s). For a while it was Patty/Manu/Anderson/Diaw/West starting our 2nd quarter.

That was the 6th most played unit for our team. If you swap Manu with Simmons, it's the 8th most played unit, for nights Manu was rested and/or injured.

Sure , depending on the matchup Anderson might at the 4 if the other team is playing small and Diaw isn't in. But hesitating on open shots cant be a fault of Pop's for not playing him more consistently at 1 position. That's why I think he needs to spend all summer working on his shot. At the very least, he should be able to be there and spread the floor.

I like his vision and post play, but if he's on the court with Manu who has the ball and is usually the primary ball handler, he's got to be able to spread the floor and open things up. There are times he's cutting to the basket and all that is good of course. But he has to become more confident and versatile.

Simmons is similar, but you can see he at least makes a decision and is quick about it. They have different issues, but are both kinda in the same boat

LongtimeSpursFan
03-26-2016, 10:09 PM
If the 2014 draft was redone Anderson would be a top 15
pick. Maybe even starting on a team with less depth. He is a been another star that the Spurs have picked up in the late first round/second round.

sasaint
03-26-2016, 10:11 PM
True, but early on, many times he played with the same unit (s). For a while it was Patty/Manu/Anderson/Diaw/West starting our 2nd quarter.

That was the 6th most played unit for our team. If you swap Manu with Simmons, it's the 8th most played unit, for nights Manu was rested and/or injured.

Sure , depending on the matchup Anderson might at the 4 if the other team is playing small and Diaw isn't in. But hesitating on open shots cant be a fault of Pop's for not playing him more consistently at 1 position. That's why I think he needs to spend all summer working on his shot. At the very least, he should be able to be there and spread the floor.

I like his vision and post play, but if he's on the court with Manu who has the ball and is usually the primary ball handler, he's got to be able to spread the floor and open things up. There are times he's cutting to the basket and all that is good of course. But he has to become more confident and versatile.

Simmons is similar, but you can see he at least makes a decision and is quick about it. They have different issues, but are both kinda in the same boat

I do not expect Manu to return next season, so that complicating factor will not be there. He will play much more on-ball. That said, yeah, I agree that he needs to work with Chip to improve his shot, range and confidence. Unfortunately the Kyle we have seen so far this season is the Kyle we have going into the playoffs. I believe his utility will be pretty limited.

Spurtacular
03-26-2016, 10:24 PM
I was relatively high on KA. I even almost made a The Spurs made the best draft pick possible thread about him. But the team plays flat with him in the game.

K...
03-26-2016, 10:30 PM
I was relatively high on KA. I even almost made a The Spurs made the best draft pick possible thread about him. But the team plays flat with him in the game.

Go back and watch the Summer league. That's what he can do, just give him time to grow. He can't play his natural position until Manu retires.

random21
03-26-2016, 10:37 PM
Kyle sucks....

Laughing Gravy
03-26-2016, 10:40 PM
He's the anti-manu. Manu sees things before they happen, Kyle sees them after they happen.

Spurtacular
03-26-2016, 10:47 PM
Go back and watch the Summer league. That's what he can do, just give him time to grow. He can't play his natural position until Manu retires.

Well if that's your standard, go back and watch summer league and see what Jimmer can do.

K...
03-26-2016, 11:06 PM
jimmer is what the 4rth pick? and also, well older in his prime. If KA is not a 20m rotation player at jimmers age, then sure, i'll take the L here. But your comparing a guy who has been cut by more teams then you've slept with women to A third year guy who has skill but lacks instinct. Jimmer lacks skill and has the wrong instincts.

SAGirl
03-26-2016, 11:19 PM
OH NO the 29th pic in the draft can't guard Durant!!!!!!! THe future is ruined!!!

Wake me up when kyle is 26. If he is still not shooting open shots then he's a legit failure. until then hes a useful project.

On defense, he definitely can only use his length to make up for slowness so much. And elite guys will exploit him. But that'll never be his game. I don't think his role is even set. POP just wants him to be backup SF but his future is point forward.

It's not easy to go from hardly any touches to trying to dominate games. I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but the chances of someone with kyle's offensive responsibility to go from being a part of the offense to trying to a focal point of the offense is like less than 10%...It's not something that happens.

^^^ This is very true. But also, he's not a fully developed player.

That is probably the biggest challenge. When you see a prospect like Simmons and Boban its a matter of translating what they did in the lower leagues to this one. Whether they do it or not, that is the challenge, but they had the same kind of game whether you were looking at a dleague game or an NBA game. Kyle's game does not look the same, whether you look at a college game, a dleague or SL game and the NBA. Here he spots up more (an area of weakness for him) and doesn't have the ball as much, or at all.

You watch his dleague and NBA games and the things they have him doing are dramatically different. He had the ball much more in the lower leagues, here is off the ball a whole lot. Probably a lot of that is bc he's not a fully formed player. To be what Pop wants him to be (looks like a 4 eventually), he needs to add strength which takes time if you are not on some performance enhancing drug, and he needs to develop a post game... which again, its a work in progress. He didn't have these things when he got to us in the draft. If he did, hell we would not have gotten him at 29 for sure.

He's basically learning how to play for Pop, and at the same time, Pop is trying to help him figure out how he can help the team, what spots he can play best, etc. Meantime, Pop has used him to fill in wherever they need him. Him playing as a SG for example doesn't even mean he'll eventually be that for us, just that we need those minutes at a given point in time in a game and he will have to do. And although that is not an area of strength of his, that is what he did.

Bottom line he's lacking confidence. And if we go further, although he's a 2nd year player, he's more like a rookie in that what we are having him do this season, he didn't really do the last one.

So we may consider him a work in progress.

Spurtacular
03-26-2016, 11:22 PM
^^^^

It may be too early for final judgments; but there is definitely cause for concern.

daledondale
03-26-2016, 11:29 PM
He isn't Spurs material.

pgardn
03-26-2016, 11:29 PM
We definitely keep him, see what happens.

Too much Bball in that huge forehead.
How he buys pillow cases for his giant pillow I don't know.

SAGirl
03-27-2016, 12:00 AM
I do not expect Manu to return next season, so that complicating factor will not be there. He will play much more on-ball. That said, yeah, I agree that he needs to work with Chip to improve his shot, range and confidence. Unfortunately the Kyle we have seen so far this season is the Kyle we have going into the playoffs. I believe his utility will be pretty limited.
I do not expect Manu next season either.
I read a post you made about the subject and I agree. He had to be convinced to return this season. He was really ready to retire last season and it was an internal conflict and a measured decision to return. We have had a better team this season that has alleviated the burden on him, but last season it was a real drag and a grind. Him playing for the Argentinian NT too is another sign. No way a 39-40 yr old Manu can play year round and I don't think he intends to.

Beyond that, I think the team needs to get younger anyways, whether that is Kyle, Simmons or someone else frankly. I really think Manu returned to help us out this season, and then as a second factor to help develop some guys that maybe give us a starting point for a younger bench. A second season similar to this one with Kyle and Simmons off the ball and splitting minutes etc., not playing them together except a rare game is not going to further develop them. If they want to build up from what advancements they made from dleague last season, to some NBA competition this season, to regular rotation players, the next step is they have to be placed in a position to make plays regularly more frequently. Kyle for example has been inconsistent in production but that is expected from young players. He has not "arrived" like Kawhi did. Young players will be inconsistent (that was even a criticism of a guy of Kawhi's talent, infinitely more talented showing flashes but also inconsistent). He can't build up from successes he's had in some games, because his role changes from game to game, what they ask him to do changes from game to game. That is tough even for veterans (Tim has talked about it some on how its been for himself), for an undeveloped youngster like Kyle, frankly he's got a lot of BBIQ to be bumping in and out in spots and lineups doing different stuff at a young age. I think that is rather unusual.

Atl Spur
03-27-2016, 12:57 AM
All in all he still needs to be more assertive period!

kobyz
03-27-2016, 01:19 AM
Can't hit a three, can't post up, instead of trying to be that type of player so he could strach the floor and punish smaller players using his size he's playing exactly the opposite way of what his athletic ability allow him, no surprise he got his shoot block so much...

z0sa
03-27-2016, 01:23 AM
He needs to develop his three point game if he wants to stay in the League past a few years, in all honesty. And even then he has such a slow release that he could never really be a starting wing for a good team. In fact, I'd go as far as saying the decidedly limited production he gives us currently feels like he's already overachieving.

SAGirl
03-27-2016, 02:24 AM
All in all he still needs to be more assertive period!
Agree with you completely. He was overmatched here, but since it was a scheduled loss anyways, a bit of chucking here or there wasn't a bad choice. Show more competitive spirit. Die trying. I get you.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-27-2016, 02:36 AM
Why do people still bring up shit about Jimmer Fredette? That dude isn't an NBA level player, just a white guy who can lead his team to some pick up game wins at the rec.

Obstructed_View
03-27-2016, 03:30 AM
Post after post after post bagging a bench player who outscored Danny Green by five points.

TheGreatYacht
03-27-2016, 04:31 AM
Kyle is now exactly at 10.0 points per36 :wow

Can he actually get below that? I've never seen that. The guy is just allergic to putting the ball in the basket. He's obviously a terrible defender who blames teammates for his lack of recovering on D, and he's a really bad passer... But damn, what exactly does this man do out there? :lol and where is this potential everyone sees? Lmfao

aal04
03-27-2016, 05:11 AM
He would have faced the biggest humbling when he didnt go as high as he expected and ended up with the Spurs. And then getting the TP pop treatment for the first year would have shattered anything left.

He is doing it slow and steady.... He has the height and the BBIQ. And his physical peak is a few years away so there is still hope he will be a legit starter

sasaint
03-27-2016, 08:33 AM
I do not expect Manu next season either.
I read a post you made about the subject and I agree. He had to be convinced to return this season. He was really ready to retire last season and it was an internal conflict and a measured decision to return. We have had a better team this season that has alleviated the burden on him, but last season it was a real drag and a grind. Him playing for the Argentinian NT too is another sign. No way a 39-40 yr old Manu can play year round and I don't think he intends to.

Beyond that, I think the team needs to get younger anyways, whether that is Kyle, Simmons or someone else frankly. I really think Manu returned to help us out this season, and then as a second factor to help develop some guys that maybe give us a starting point for a younger bench. A second season similar to this one with Kyle and Simmons off the ball and splitting minutes etc., not playing them together except a rare game is not going to further develop them. If they want to build up from what advancements they made from dleague last season, to some NBA competition this season, to regular rotation players, the next step is they have to be placed in a position to make plays regularly more frequently. Kyle for example has been inconsistent in production but that is expected from young players. He has not "arrived" like Kawhi did. Young players will be inconsistent (that was even a criticism of a guy of Kawhi's talent, infinitely more talented showing flashes but also inconsistent). He can't build up from successes he's had in some games, because his role changes from game to game, what they ask him to do changes from game to game. That is tough even for veterans (Tim has talked about it some on how its been for himself), for an undeveloped youngster like Kyle, frankly he's got a lot of BBIQ to be bumping in and out in spots and lineups doing different stuff at a young age. I think that is rather unusual.

I agree. When I learned that Manu had decided to play in Rio, that was the clincher for me. As for getting younger - How many years have fans and pundits alike been clamoring for that to happen? :lol We are Spurs; we get old. That's just what we do.

To get back to Kyle: the contrast with Kawhi is illuminating. Pop initially played Kawhi for his defensive prowess - and utilized him on offense as a pure SF. Kawhi has developed his game year-by-year. In sharp contrast, Pop has played Kyle at literally all 5 positions in this, his first real season with the team. Unlike Kawhi, Kyle has not played consistently at one position. He has not had the relative luxury of learning one position and honing his skill in that singular position. Quite rightly, Pop sees Kyle as a Swiss army knife - much like Boris but with his own distinct skill set. For better or worse, Pop has chosen to attempt to open all of Kyle's blades all at once, rather than one at a time. This is a far different challenge than Kawhi faced. I admit that I lost track of Boris after his years in Phoenix; however, I don't believe he became the real Swiss Army knife he is at this point until he played for the Spurs. The presence of Boris and Manu has complicated Kyle's development. No doubt he has learned much from both, however their presence has meant that Kyle has had to play roles that are at present unnatural and uncomfortable, and in the future will not be very necessary. On almost any other team, a coach would have penciled him in as a SF and played him in that role. He might have developed skills pertinent to that position more quickly, but would probably never reach the potential he has with the Spurs.

BackHome
03-27-2016, 09:08 AM
Right now my only issue is he goes up softer then Splitter. I have lost track of how many times he has a clear path to the basket and he barely gets touched and falls in his ass. He has zero chance of making a basket if any body contact is involved.

Dude seriously needs to get on some type of growth hormone to at least start to get him bigger/stronger.

Mnky
03-27-2016, 11:52 AM
Kyle plays the same objectives from any position. If he's the point or the center, he still goes to the wing on offense to draw out the big. Defense is defense, it doesn't change.

Position has nothing to do with Kyle's bad performances and he is two years in now.

Cut the cord people.

Spur|n|Austin
03-27-2016, 11:57 AM
With a fully healthy squad, I don't see him getting many minutes if any in the POs. He's a defensive liability.

Spurtacular
03-27-2016, 12:10 PM
Kyle is now exactly at 10.0 points per36 :wow

Can he actually get below that? I've never seen that. The guy is just allergic to putting the ball in the basket. He's obviously a terrible defender who blames teammates for his lack of recovering on D, and he's a really bad passer... But damn, what exactly does this man do out there? :lol and where is this potential everyone sees? Lmfao

Can we stop comparing KA to Diaw for starters? Diaw does sh** in the low post and is comfortable taking some threes to say nothing of his superior passing.

TheGreatYacht
03-27-2016, 12:16 PM
Can we stop comparing KA to Diaw for starters? Diaw does sh** in the low post and is comfortable taking some threes to say nothing of his superior passing.
Kyle isn't comfortable posting up smaller guys, sometimes he can't even back up midgets.

I've yet to see him be above average in anything.

tmtcsc
03-27-2016, 01:52 PM
has the physical tools to dominate.

https://media.giphy.com/media/jGeuf0mcBdh3q/giphy.gif

skulls138
03-27-2016, 01:53 PM
KA's going to be a great player. I do agree that he needs a post up game and more strength and a better outside shot but right now hes not forcing things. He is playing on, record wise, one of the best teams in history, why would he force things?

Raven
03-27-2016, 01:55 PM
I'm high on him

skulls138
03-27-2016, 02:01 PM
The up and down on these boards about players is hilarious. Its like everyone has PMS

dabom
03-27-2016, 02:05 PM
The up and down on these boards about players is hilarious. Its like everyone has PMS

Everyone thinks he is garbage except sagirl sasaint and maybe 2 more faggots. Low IQ posters spinning the wheels tbh.

DMC
03-27-2016, 02:27 PM
Curry started off the same way. It takes time. He's light skinned with a non-intimidating hairstyle so I think he'll do fine.

SAGirl
03-27-2016, 05:33 PM
Kyle plays the same objectives from any position. If he's the point or the center, he still goes to the wing on offense to draw out the big. Defense is defense, it doesn't change.

Position has nothing to do with Kyle's bad performances and he is two years in now.

Cut the cord people.
Very ignorant post as what you do fir each position is very different specially the 3 and the 4. He's not ever been a spot up shooter. It's something that he needs to improve in but he was drafted for other skills. If you wanted a pure shooter or defender you draft someone else. He was by far the best passer of his draft class and that US why we got him. Him spotting up off the ball so much is a reality and necessity of this current ream but it won't always be the case. Meantime he has had time to fill up holes in his game b4 he's ready to do more, but he's not meant to be spotting up from 3 anymore than Boris does in the team, who maybe launches 1-2 threes per game if that.

SAGirl
03-27-2016, 05:39 PM
Diaw, is 33 was a rookie at 22, Kyle's current age and was anything but a factor his first couple if years and didn't develop aggressiveness until much later in his career and had some very low 3 pt shooting year and very much lAcking aggressiveness launching a 3.

Jessys! The guy is 22, Boris is much older, was a pro player b4 the NBA, competes internationally. We are comparing a nascent baby career to a vet.

SAGirl
03-27-2016, 06:25 PM
I agree. When I learned that Manu had decided to play in Rio, that was the clincher for me. As for getting younger - How many years have fans and pundits alike been clamoring for that to happen? :lol We are Spurs; we get old. That's just what we do.

To get back to Kyle: the contrast with Kawhi is illuminating. Pop initially played Kawhi for his defensive prowess - and utilized him on offense as a pure SF. Kawhi has developed his game year-by-year. In sharp contrast, Pop has played Kyle at literally all 5 positions in this, his first real season with the team. Unlike Kawhi, Kyle has not played consistently at one position. He has not had the relative luxury of learning one position and honing his skill in that singular position. Quite rightly, Pop sees Kyle as a Swiss army knife - much like Boris but with his own distinct skill set. For better or worse, Pop has chosen to attempt to open all of Kyle's blades all at once, rather than one at a time. This is a far different challenge than Kawhi faced. I admit that I lost track of Boris after his years in Phoenix; however, I don't believe he became the real Swiss Army knife he is at this point until he played for the Spurs. The presence of Boris and Manu has complicated Kyle's development. No doubt he has learned much from both, however their presence has meant that Kyle has had to play roles that are at present unnatural and uncomfortable, and in the future will not be very necessary. On almost any other team, a coach would have penciled him in as a SF and played him in that role. He might have developed skills pertinent to that position more quickly, but would probably never reach the potential he has with the Spurs.
Very illuminating post. Agree with you. :tu. Pop is taking his time and I trust him.

This season wasn't about his development. He stated that in the preseason media day. He also said that he was not at the point in his development where the team needs him to be. He said that himself. Along the way bc so many blowouts he has had time to develop but it's obvious right now he's filling holes in the roster and trying to get better at the entirety of his game. He has a versatile game and gives you a bit of everything. He's not a roleplayer with a limited role, bc of that Pop has decided like you say to develop the whole all at once.

Pop himself said to start the season he was going to play a variety of positions through the season. It's possible eventually he will be a kind of guy that will get you mismatches with whatever lineup bc you can put him in several spots and he will be functional and create a mismatch for himself or a teammate. But we were not going to play that way this season while he still has to learn to defend all those other positions, and he ha to get better, etc. This one is not the season where he puts it all together. Just a lot of cliff jumping here over one game that was a tough matchup for him. He played under control and had some nice sequences too. There were by far worse players last night and they are not 22 with a developing game.

tholdren
03-27-2016, 06:47 PM
Kyle will be fine, and will need to contribute to ring. He's taking a long time though. He's soft. Martin is better

GSH
03-27-2016, 06:54 PM
Kyle is another example of what happens when a player gets put into a situation where he's over his head. Nothing more or less.

Malik Rose was good as an energy guy off the bench. He got thrown in as a starter, and he was over his head. Dejuan Blair, pretty much the same. Kyle Anderson vs. Kevin Durant? That only comes out one way. It's supposed to come out one way. Anderson is long, for a guard, but he's not a forward.

Sometimes guys get put in over their heads, and it breaks them. Sometimes it helps them improve their game. Anderson's ceiling is probably as a solid rotation player. Hopefully he continues to improve and is able to play at that level on a consistent basis. I don't think he could ever belong on the floor with Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka. That's where he was last night. He looked just like you should expect him to look, in that situation.

Mnky
03-27-2016, 09:48 PM
Very ignorant post as what you do fir each position is very different specially the 3 and the 4. He's not ever been a spot up shooter. It's something that he needs to improve in but he was drafted for other skills. If you wanted a pure shooter or defender you draft someone else. He was by far the best passer of his draft class and that US why we got him. Him spotting up off the ball so much is a reality and necessity of this current ream but it won't always be the case. Meantime he has had time to fill up holes in his game b4 he's ready to do more, but he's not meant to be spotting up from 3 anymore than Boris does in the team, who maybe launches 1-2 threes per game if that.

What you do for each position is different. Its not for him. He's a wing or a stretch 4. He only plays center when the other center is a wing or stretch 4. They drafted him for his ability to play multiple positions, which he was able to do in college. He isn't playing lamarcus Aldridge or Duncan's spot, he is playing against small bigs who shoot. That's what a stretch 4 does. That's what he's supposed to do, but can't at the moment. The talk about him learning a new position is ridiculous, as he played as a point forward. He could start with the ball, but he ended up in the same area as he is now, not off the top of the 3 pT line.I actually watched his games in college, not his highlight reels. That's why he skips his 3 pT shot so much, He runs to his comfort area because he isn't confident in his shot. Did the same thing in college when he was open. It's just a low IQ basketball move he does to make up for his lack of ability. He has had 2 years to improve his play and shot. He's had the best shooting Coach in the world training him. He's had the best coaching staff in the NBA teaching him.

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge on a subject. Every team in the draft skipped on him but the spurs. They didn't draft him for his passing and playmaking but for what those could potentially be. Not what they were.How many minutes did he get last playoffs? He's a project, they don't need him. Get your facts right.

dabom
03-27-2016, 10:33 PM
What you do for each position is different. Its not for him. He's a wing or a stretch 4. He only plays center when the other center is a wing or stretch 4. They drafted him for his ability to play multiple positions, which he was able to do in college. He isn't playing lamarcus Aldridge or Duncan's spot, he is playing against small bigs who shoot. That's what a stretch 4 does. That's what he's supposed to do, but can't at the moment. The talk about him learning a new position is ridiculous, as he played as a point forward. He could start with the ball, but he ended up in the same area as he is now, not off the top of the 3 pT line.I actually watched his games in college, not his highlight reels. That's why he skips his 3 pT shot so much, He runs to his comfort area because he isn't confident in his shot. Did the same thing in college when he was open. It's just a low IQ basketball move he does to make up for his lack of ability. He has had 2 years to improve his play and shot. He's had the best shooting Coach in the world training him. He's had the best coaching staff in the NBA teaching him.

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge on a subject. Every team in the draft skipped on him but the spurs. They didn't draft him for his passing and playmaking but for what those could potentially be. Not what they were.How many minutes did he get last playoffs? He's a project, they don't need him. Get your facts right.

OMG. :wow

Don't slay the poor poster. :lmao

SAGirl
03-27-2016, 10:36 PM

He's not playing 4 out like Bonner is. To take advantage of his passing and midrange game they play him in horns and other sets, making high low passes, passes out of the post, dribble hand offs, he posts up occasionally, he's not just a spot up shooter. He's obviously got to improve the 3, but that is not all he is or will be. He's actually a better midrange shooter. He's got s a developing game beyond spotting up. Obviously his post up game is not money but he's able to get his book shots up etc. You are not breeding a Bonner clone. He's more like Diaw than Bonner and not even that obviously, but the point is he's not a unimensional shooter. Rather he has to shoot the 3 more aggressively than he's currently doing with current Spurs, and in the modern NBA it's a requirement. I agree it limits his game, etc. But he's not a strict stretch 4. That might be Bertans although without seeing him play at least a SL game, I am not sure what Bertans is.

SG and SF have different sets as well. When he's subbed for Kawhi they run some side PnR with him, when he's the SG he's the one doing the side PNR with the big. Obviously who you guard is entirely different on your defensive responsibilities too.

Edit you obviously don't like him and that is fine. I am not going to convince you so I am happy to let it be, but you stating he does the same no matter what position he plays is either ignorance, stupidity or just plain hate/trolling TBH. He's been a 1 and 5 in some garbage time lineups too. I didn't even bring those up bc was that development really?
I don't think you are stupid so I'll take you for trolling on this one instead and let you be.

K...
03-27-2016, 10:47 PM
OMG. :wow

Don't slay the poor poster. :lmao

Dabom, read his post again. It's actually pretty dumb.

He or she says they know Kyle's position. He or she says Kyle is dumb bc he can't shoot. Great, we all agree. You didn't have to pull out the "I watch the games" just to say Kyle can't shoot threes in the year 2016. The poster you jizzed at is pretty poor. Learn to read and judge content over confidence.

Atl Spur
03-27-2016, 11:48 PM
My take on the Kyle situation has nothing to do with position etc.... at all! In my opinion, before we can get to any of that type of stuff he has to show he wants to be a player in this league and not a spectator. His skill set is very unique and can be used to exploit a lot of teams..... he has to show some assertiveness though.

Mnky
03-28-2016, 01:59 AM
Dabom, read his post again. It's actually pretty dumb.

He or she says they know Kyle's position. He or she says Kyle is dumb bc he can't shoot. Great, we all agree. You didn't have to pull out the "I watch the games" just to say Kyle can't shoot threes in the year 2016. The poster you jizzed at is pretty poor. Learn to read and judge content over confidence.

First off, maybe you confused me with someone else as I never said Kyle was dumb. Infact, you just said you agreed, then looked to criticize what you agree with. The content is what you agreed with, so that leaves confidence as the other critique. Somehow me referencing his college games is confidence?

The game reference to him in college is relevant as it points to what he struggled with then, he still struggles with today, even with the best staff in the NBA. As the original debate revolved around him having had enough time and opportunity to develop, this is clearly relevant.

SAGirl believes anyone pointing out what you said "we all agree with" is just ignorant, stupid, or trolling.

Kyle is a wing and a stretch forward. Who does he sub for? The wings, and diaw. He doesn't play without Duncan or lma or west in the paint for him. Her only defense was that he doesnt play as good as Bonner at the stretch 4.. which I really don't think needs elaborating as to why this is a bad thing.
She even ends her defense saying she agrees that he is limited since he doesn't play his role well as a shooter.

Like you said, learn to judge content. :toast

SAGirl
03-28-2016, 03:32 AM
First off, maybe you confused me with someone else as I never said Kyle was dumb. Infact, you just said you agreed, then looked to criticize what you agree with. The content is what you agreed with, so that leaves confidence as the other critique. Somehow me referencing his college games is confidence?

The game reference to him in college is relevant as it points to what he struggled with then, he still struggles with today, even with the best staff in the NBA. As the original debate revolved around him having had enough time and opportunity to develop, this is clearly relevant.

SAGirl believes anyone pointing out what you said "we all agree with" is just ignorant, stupid, or trolling.

Kyle is a wing and a stretch forward. Who does he sub for? The wings, and diaw. He doesn't play without Duncan or lma or west in the paint for him. Her only defense was that he doesnt play as good as Bonner at the stretch 4.. which I really don't think needs elaborating as to why this is a bad thing.
She even ends her defense saying she agrees that he is limited since he doesn't play his role well as a shooter.

Like you said, learn to judge content. :toast

At this point I am taking you for a troll and you have attracted some very nice and gentle company.

100%duncan
03-28-2016, 04:28 AM
Inb4

"troll"
"not being used enough"
"inexperience"

called it

TrainOfThought5
03-28-2016, 05:22 AM
Kyle will be fine, and will need to contribute to ring. He's taking a long time though. He's soft. Martin is better

Kyles taking a long time to develop?? Thank God you werent around for the cojo years.

Slippy
03-28-2016, 05:46 AM
KA's going to be a great player. I do agree that he needs a post up game and more strength and a better outside shot but right now hes not forcing things. He is playing on, record wise, one of the best teams in history, why would he force things?
Pretty much this.

Fussy expectations from some.

cutewizard
03-28-2016, 06:35 AM
the true position of Kyle Anderson is......................

(drum music)..............................

COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, 15 years from now, Kyle shall be a coach in the NBA. like Carlisle

so relax, the future of NBA coaching is secured

hahahahahahaha

cutewizard
Kyleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee rules

cutewizard
Bobanizerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrr

cutewizard
:bobo

cutewizard
fuck golden state

tholdren
03-28-2016, 09:25 AM
Kyles taking a long time to develop?? Thank God you werent around for the cojo years.
He's a first round pick with multiple position he can play, he's not asked to be a high usage player. So to come in and have no real role other than don't screw up, yes he's taking a long time.

K...
03-28-2016, 10:13 AM

Cut the cord people.

If you had made this post without "cut the cord" you'd be fine. I assume you want him cut. The issue is that you seem to be faulting him for the game he doesn't have (spot up shooter) rather than the game he has (very poor man Diaw type) . There's no need for him to show leadership on the bench or starting units bc we have leadership.finding a player at fault for lack of opportunity is dumb. The spurs have released handfuls of players who have gone on to be good players. This suggests they have a long term plan for Kyle and that young players don't develop well without clear roles.

t.

You said he always makes the same move. You said said move was low iq basketball. Ergo you called Kyle dumb. You also imply failure to learn under chip is a fault. Both arguments are dumb. You have no idea what his coaching training had been. You just assume he can learn to shoot when guys like mills and green have regressed!

His inability to find his place in the offence is caused by his lack of clear role and his subordinate role to other players.

FACT when Kyle is the leader of the offense his teams all ways win. College, summer league,d league.

. :toast

Again, you're making a conclusion about his inability to develop based on opinions represented as facts. The world's best coaches don't tell us what they are teaching him. Looks like it's been mainly defense. His college game is useful to show what his game could be, but no one thinks college Kyle is an NBA starter. When you judge his growth over the years, considering both the lack of playing time and the inconsistent roles, it's hard to fault him for being unable to guard Durant our replace Manu. But yet you do. Not every player is Kawhi. Most aren't. Kyle's not a guy you can replace with a d league talent. But he's also not ready to be an NBA Swiss army knife.

The main difference between you and me is your opinion about it. I'm fine with Kyle struggling this year. He's not a major rotation piece. You seem mad about it. That's what's dumb.

Mnky
03-28-2016, 12:12 PM
^ I'm one of the few Kyle supporters. You're victim to your own criticism of filling in opinion as reality. He's a 22 yr old kid. When I said cut the cord, I meant stop babying him and saying he's still somehow undernourished. If he was a kid in a third world country, the development with him would have that dude bloated. Maybe that's one of the reasons he struggles, he's trying to do too much at one time. Either way, at 22, he has plenty of time to grow. That doesn't mean I'm going to make excuses for his bad play. His low IQ moves are not good for him, because he is dependent on his IQ since he lacks other skills. His great length allows him to get his shot off whenever he wants, which should be the biggest area of growth. He has been inconsistent there, and when he does shoot the three like he's supposed to, he usually has a respectable rate. Deferring from the gameplan is not good for him as he is one of the guys that needs it for how to prosper. Just because it's obvious the steps he takes backwards, doesn't mean I'm mad. It's a basketball forum meant for criticism and analysis. Maybe the neighborhood trolls got you in your feelings. Me saying the dude has the same flaws from 3 years ago, isn't putting him on kawhi level expectations. It's putting him on NBA level expectations.

When Kawhi doesn't show up offensively in big games, I point it out. When LMA goes soft or does a tiago shot, I blast that dude. It's not like I'm being partial.

Mnky
03-28-2016, 12:16 PM
At this point I am taking you for a troll and you have attracted some very nice and gentle company.

I avoided your other response for a reason. You literally created an argument out of thin air and acted like it was the original argument. This, obviously being because you had no argument to begin with. Not once did I say he was strictly a stretch 4, which by the way is what you always try to convince people he is akin to diaw when people criticize his wing play.
I said he's a wing and a stretch big. I also never said anything about not liking him. Your entire post was fabricated.

You should look up the word troll.

Mnky
03-28-2016, 12:18 PM
Inb4

"troll"
"not being used enough"
"inexperience"

:lol welp

SAGirl
03-28-2016, 12:53 PM
I avoided your other response for a reason. You literally created an argument out of thin air and acted like it was the original argument. This, obviously being because you had no argument to begin with. Not once did I say he was strictly a stretch 4, which by the way is what you always try to convince people he is akin to diaw when people criticize his wing play.
I said he's a wing and a stretch big. I also never said anything about not liking him. Your entire post was fabricated.

You should look up the word troll.
The reason I think you are simply trolling is bc I disagreed with you on some things but not all. The areas I disagreed with you, you discarded to focus on the fact I agreed with you on some things as if I needed to be right on anything. He has holes in his game, but he's 22 and I feel he's not right now all he can be. You think he doesn't need to learn how to play at this level? That is tough to do when you have no set role, and you are still struggling in some areas of your game, which he is bc his game previously had him handling the basketball and assisting over 30% of his team's possession. In SL he didn't focus in assisting others so much as in his aggression. That team had no scoring threats except Simms and Eddie. They needed him to get his, now he's spotting up more.

If you want to discredit that bc you don't like him and focus on the fact it is his second season, as if he's done, that is kind of ignorant or simply troll/hate based. He barely played the last season in the NBA and he could have still been college.

That to me (along with you stating he's doing the same no matter what spot or line-up in the rotation he is) was kind of hate sentiment on you.

Again it's fine if you don't like him, and there are reasons not to like him if you don't, same as there are for many other Spurs players and you will not be convinced by this and that is fine.

SAGirl
03-28-2016, 01:10 PM
the true position of Kyle Anderson is......................

(drum music)..............................

COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, 15 years from now, Kyle shall be a coach in the NBA. like Carlisle

so relax, the future of NBA coaching is secured

hahahahahahaha
You might be right! :tu
I saw an interview from him long ago, younger kid than he's now (HS level) when he stated if he could not get to the NBA and have a pro career he wanted to coach... might have been a 16-17 yrs old kid at that point.:flag:

LongtimeSpursFan
03-28-2016, 07:28 PM
Great passer, good rebounder, post offense, high BBIQ, great hands....he's a keeper n

SAGirl
03-28-2016, 09:29 PM
Great passer, good rebounder, post offense, high BBIQ, great hands....he's a keeper n
7 assists tonight. Had a few passes to Danny that would have been added assists had Danny made the shots, 4 steals a block! 13 points, drew fouls when he was aggressive on mismatches. :tu

Mnky
03-28-2016, 09:29 PM
The reason I think you are simply trolling is bc I disagreed with you on some things but not all. The areas I disagreed with you, you discarded to focus on the fact I agreed with you on some things as if I needed to be right on anything. He has holes in his game, but he's 22 and I feel he's not right now all he can be. You think he doesn't need to learn how to play at this level? That is tough to do when you have no set role, and you are still struggling in some areas of your game, which he is bc his game previously had him handling the basketball and assisting over 30% of his team's possession. In SL he didn't focus in assisting others so much as in his aggression. That team had no scoring threats except Simms and Eddie. They needed him to get his, now he's spotting up more.

If you want to discredit that bc you don't like him and focus on the fact it is his second season, as if he's done, that is kind of ignorant or simply troll/hate based. He barely played the last season in the NBA and he could have still been college.

That to me (along with you stating he's doing the same no matter what spot or line-up in the rotation he is) was kind of hate sentiment on you.

Again it's fine if you don't like him, and there are reasons not to like him if you don't, same as there are for many other Spurs players and you will not be convinced by this and that is fine.

Well once again, your post is filled with assumptions that weren't mentioned. didn't say anything about him being done, or not liking him. Your just making things up. You won't find that in any of my posts.

His responsibilities don't change. Some times on defense the pg gets posted up. Sometimes he does the posting. You rotated around the court, your responsibility didn't change. You're making up scenarios to believe he has these multiple huge defined roles he has to adapt to. He pretty much does the same thing every game from different spots. Whether he is emulating a pg or a stretch 4, his game doesn't change. He still plays like a pg out of any position. He still is required to shoot, create, and rebound. He either plays good or doesn't.

SouthernFried
03-28-2016, 09:47 PM
When he's actually playing PG...he's pretty good.

That's his position. He's just not as effective when not in his natural position.

If the Spurs can't use him in that role, then they really shouldn't keep him. And I really don't see him taking away Tony's or Patty's minutes right now. Even tho he might have the potential to be better than both...at least in play making.

Neurosis
03-28-2016, 09:57 PM
Not bad tonight. Played 36 minutes and put up some pretty decent numbers, taking good shots and making good passes. It'd be awesome if he could develop into a go-to scorer in the mismatch. Like how Diaw just overpowers smaller guys in the post and creates absolute havoc against certain lineups. He doesn't need to score big, just a nice efficient 8-10 points, with some boards, above average D and good passing. The perfect player for the 2nd unit or to mix in when you want length or to exploit mismatches.

Bonus if he can start stroking the 3ball at 35% or higher.

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-29-2016, 02:11 AM
Not bad tonight. Played 36 minutes and put up some pretty decent numbers, taking good shots and making good passes. It'd be awesome if he could develop into a go-to scorer in the mismatch. Like how Diaw just overpowers smaller guys in the post and creates absolute havoc against certain lineups. He doesn't need to score big, just a nice efficient 8-10 points, with some boards, above average D and good passing. The perfect player for the 2nd unit or to mix in when you want length or to exploit mismatches.

Bonus if he can start stroking the 3ball at 35% or higher.

Do you know how many players in the entire NBA can do these things?

ceperez
03-29-2016, 08:49 AM
7 assists tonight. Had a few passes to Danny that would have been added assists had Danny made the shots, 4 steals a block! 13 points, drew fouls when he was aggressive on mismatches. :tu

I'm surprised that he seems to be contributing a lot more than Boris Diaw.

ceperez
03-29-2016, 08:50 AM
When he's actually playing PG...he's pretty good.

That's his position. He's just not as effective when not in his natural position.

If the Spurs can't use him in that role, then they really shouldn't keep him. And I really don't see him taking away Tony's or Patty's minutes right now. Even tho he might have the potential to be better than both...at least in play making.

He was playing point with Patty running around in offense as a SG. Patty has problems as point because he's not big enough to see or make passes.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-29-2016, 09:45 AM
And the pendulum keeps on swinging.

Mr. Body
03-29-2016, 10:24 AM
I'm impressed. Always liked the pick,mouth now he's a year ahead of where I thought he'd be. Impressed at how he uses his positioning and length to bother perimeter players. I didn't know if he'd ever be effective on that end. On offense, his scoring will come around. The guy has a long productive career ahead of him. Not starter material, but who cares? A Shaun Livingston type with a slightly different skill set, all for the low low cost of a #30 draft pick.

Spurtacular
03-29-2016, 12:46 PM
Pop disrespecting the Grizzlies, playing KA a team high 36 minutes.

TrainOfThought5
03-29-2016, 08:35 PM
He's a first round pick with multiple position he can play, he's not asked to be a high usage player. So to come in and have no real role other than don't screw up, yes he's taking a long time.

So he has to learn multiple positions and distribute the ball at a high level AND enforce his will on the game at a Above average level after being in the d-league last year and the summer league + garbage time minutes this year against one of the best teams in the western conference? I see. Yeah this kids taking forever. cut him.

TrainOfThought5
03-29-2016, 08:37 PM

CROFLMAO, that Spurs fan base doesnt expect much, do they? LOL

TrainOfThought5
03-29-2016, 08:39 PM
I'm impressed. Always liked the pick,mouth now he's a year ahead of where I thought he'd be. Impressed at how he uses his positioning and length to bother perimeter players. I didn't know if he'd ever be effective on that end. On offense, his scoring will come around. The guy has a long productive career ahead of him. Not starter material, but who cares? A Shaun Livingston type with a slightly different skill set, all for the low low cost of a #30 draft pick.

I think he'll be a starter in this league, and will eventually flash lower tier star potential. basically Diaw 2.0-esque.

tholdren
03-29-2016, 08:57 PM
So he has to learn multiple positions and distribute the ball at a high level AND enforce his will on the game at a Above average level after being in the d-league last year and the summer league + garbage time minutes this year against one of the best teams in the western conference? I see. Yeah this kids taking forever. cut him.

probably should watch SA more tbh

Neurosis
03-30-2016, 07:59 AM

That we could realistically sign on the same value contract as KA? Not many. If you disagree, go to this link and find some players with a better upside than Slo-Mo, that we could realistically sign for a similar price contract.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/players.html

For the contract we have KA on, he's doing his bit. He's not stellar, he's not a future star - but right now he's playing beyond the level you'd expect from his contract AND he's still got a lot of room to develop. You get what you pay for and so far he's giving more than we're paying for. There's players on that list earning more than double his money for doing half of what he does.

Atl Spur
03-30-2016, 02:44 PM
It's comical......... As I said before, once he is able to bring the intensity every night he will be beast no matter what position he plays. Intensity is the key for him....

Raven
03-30-2016, 03:13 PM
I'm high on him
:toast

Spurtacular
03-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Fathead picks up his 3rd foul in the 2nd Q and looks to the bench to see if he's gonna sit. No, Fathead; nobody gives a sh** if you foul out. :lmao

GSH
03-30-2016, 09:26 PM
I'm high on him

:toast

Did you really just quote yourself and toast yourself? Really?

Make a couple of alts or something. You really don't understand how the whole attention whore thing is done, do you? :lol

SAGirl
03-30-2016, 10:12 PM
Still learning how to play in this league...
Nothing to see here. Move along....
"These are not the droids you are looking for" :lol

objective
03-30-2016, 10:14 PM
He passes up so many damn threes it's maddening. For a guy with a rep as a smart player he sure enjoys passing out of open threes into contested end-of-shot-clock low percentage looks.

skulls138
03-31-2016, 11:19 AM
It is maddening. I give him alot of slack because hes trying to be a team player but thats just ridiculous. Good passes are made to get the open shooter and he doesnt take the shot.

Raven
03-31-2016, 12:13 PM
Did you really just quote yourself and toast yourself? Really?

Make a couple of alts or something. You really don't understand how the whole attention whore thing is done, do you? :lol

i really don't, can you give me some tips tbqmfh?

tholdren
03-31-2016, 01:11 PM
Still learning how to play in this league...
Nothing to see here. Move along....
"These are not the droids you are looking for" :lol

Star wars and ka. 2 of the shit test things ever

GSH
03-31-2016, 10:05 PM
i really don't, can you give me some tips tbqmfh?

LOL... yeah, I'm an expert. I usually post in about 3-4 threads a week. Just messing around. When I saw that, I thought how the krew would have used an alias to give their post a thumbs up. Doing it yourself, it's almost like you don't care. :rolleyes

tholdren
04-01-2016, 12:31 PM
Chinook believes in plus minus over evolution