PDA

View Full Version : Grading spurs players vs Thunder in 30 words or less..

apalisoc_9
03-26-2016, 09:45 PM
For those who didn't watch the game..You probably didn't really miss much. The Spurs played decent half court defense, the problem was rebounding and defending the transition out of misses and turnovers. The offense was putrid, mainly because it looked like no one knew how to run an offense. Save for a a stretch in the first half where they run david west post ups, the offense looked like a freelancing offense. No identity.

Danny Green - Struggled offensively because of the lack of perimeter playmaking in the team. He was solid defensively. C-

Patty Mills - He got abused on the defensive end, as expected, against westbrook. Provided needed offense in the first half though. C+

David West - Kept the team afloat and was the biggest contributor in a spurs 17-3 run in the first half. Run out of gas in the second. Poor rebounding. B+

Boban Marjanovic - Worst big tonight. Can't rebound. He didn't have his soft touch offensively and always ruined sets. abused on the defensive end by Kanter, westbrook and Adams. Jeff Ayres would have played better F

Kyle Anderson - Couldn't do much against Durant and was very passive in a game that needed someone else to be aggressive. He was the 2nd best Rebounder in the team though. Speaks volume about the other bigs inability to rebound.C

Boris Diaw - Uninspired and lazy basketball. Save for a few garbage minutes in the fourth, diaw didn't look like he wanted to play. Another guy, that doesn't know how to box out and rebound. D-

Jonathan Simmons - Was given more playmaking responsibility but he clearly doesn't have the talent to do so. I like the fact that he was aggressive though. Was competitive defensively. B

Kevin Martin - He tried, but he failed. He coudn't make a bucket to save his life. He at least knew what he wanted to do with the ball. He wasn't a disaster defensively. D-

Andre Miller - had 8 rebounds. The bigs should be ashamed. Specially boban. Didn't look like he wanted to shoot any jumpers which kinda ruined the offense, but he did well for a 40 year old. B

Matt Bonner - Pop, you cut the wrong guy. 0 rebounds and it doesn't look like teams even respect him that much on three balls anymore either..I understand there's a lot of politics involved in making these decisions though. F

Pop - Really had no options anyway. Decent decision to rest the big 3, not force Kawhi and rest Lamarcus. A

100%duncan
03-26-2016, 09:47 PM
Bbbbut he dominates third stringers!!!

dabom
03-26-2016, 09:49 PM
For those who didn't watch the game..You probably didn't really miss much. The Spurs played decent half court defense, the problem was rebounding and defending the transition out of misses and turnovers. The offense was putrid, mainly because it looked like no one knew how to run an offense. Save for a a stretch in the first half where they run david west post ups, the offense looked like a freelancing offense. No identity.

Danny Green - Struggled offensively because of the lack of perimeter playmaking in the team. He was solid defensively. C-

Patty Mills - He got abused on the defensive end, as expected, against westbrook. Provided needed offense in the first half though. C+

David West - Kept the team afloat and was the biggest contributor in a spurs 17-3 run in the first half. Run out of gas in the second. Poor rebounding. B+

Boban Marjanovic - Worst big tonight. Can't rebound. He didn't have his soft touch offensively and always ruined sets. abused on the defensive end by Kanter, westbrook and Adams. Jeff Ayres would have played better F

Kyle Anderson - Couldn't do much against Durant and was very passive in a game that needed someone else to be aggressive. He was the 2nd best Rebounder in the team though. Speaks volume about the other bigs inability to rebound.C

Boris Diaw - Uninspired and lazy basketball. Save for a few garbage minutes in the fourth, diaw didn't look like he wanted to play. Another guy, that doesn't know how to box out and rebound. D-

Jonathan Simmons - Was given more playmaking responsibility but he clearly doesn't have the talent to do so. I like the fact that he was aggressive though. Was competitive defensively. B

Kevin Martin - He tried, but he failed. He coudn't make a bucket to save his life. He at least knew what he wanted to do with the ball. He wasn't a disaster defensively. D-

Andre Miller - had 8 rebounds. The bigs should be ashamed. Specially boban. Didn't look like he wanted to shoot any jumpers which kinda ruined the offense, but he did well for a 40 year old. B

Matt Bonner - Pop, you cut the wrong guy. 0 rebounds and it doesn't look like teams even respect him that much on three balls anymore either..I understand there's a lot of politics involved in making these decisions though. F

Pop - Really had no options anyway. Decent decision to rest the big 3, not force Kawhi and rest Lamarcus. A

Thanks for pointing this out. I was just telling some fucking low IQ poster why they couldn't get their shot off. :lmao

sananspursfan21
03-26-2016, 11:48 PM
Eh. Didn't get to watch the game but knowing the personnel, it wasn't happening. Just like "Whose Line is it Anyway", the points didn't matter...

apalisoc_9
03-27-2016, 12:00 AM
Thanks for pointing this out. I was just telling some fucking low IQ poster why they couldn't get their shot off. :lmao

I'm telling you man..This site is full of casual fans. Wish everyone was a hardcore fan like us.

widowmaker
03-27-2016, 12:10 AM
Did u really expect anything better? That was the thunder full team of course the Spurs weren't gonna keep up.

DMC
03-27-2016, 12:11 AM
Boban aka Frankenspur is trash. He has no business in the NBA. The NBA fans across the league Scalabrine'd his ass early on because of it.

That said, why should anyone give a shit when Pop basically gave the game away from the start? Those guys weren't hired nor are they paid to beat a playoff team on their own. They haven't played together, and this was just to let them all get time on the floor together and embarrass the fuck out of the new guys. Pop is a prick like that sometimes.

Spurtacular
03-27-2016, 12:11 AM
deebs :lmao

UNT Eagles 2016
03-27-2016, 03:07 AM
Too generous for Mills, Fathead and Simmons, tbh.

quentin_compson
03-27-2016, 04:03 AM
Diaw was fucking atrocious.

houston spurs fan
03-27-2016, 11:16 AM
I'm telling you man..This site is full of casual fans. Wish everyone was a hardcore fan like us.
Funny that a bandwagon pinoy canadian "fan" who has never stepped foot inside the ATT center is the judge of how hardcore fans are....just saying...

8FOR!3
03-27-2016, 02:12 PM
Boban aka Frankenspur is trash. He has no business in the NBA. The NBA fans across the league Scalabrine'd his ass early on because of it.

That said, why should anyone give a shit when Pop basically gave the game away from the start? Those guys weren't hired nor are they paid to beat a playoff team on their own. They haven't played together, and this was just to let them all get time on the floor together and embarrass the fuck out of the new guys. Pop is a prick like that sometimes.

Boban is the same guy who put up 19 last week on Hassan Whiteside. He played his worst game as a Spur with a lot of minutes, but I think it's safe to say he's an NBA caliber player.

DMC
03-27-2016, 02:17 PM
Boban is the same guy who put up 19 last week on Hassan Whiteside. He played his worst game as a Spur with a lot of minutes, but I think it's safe to say he's an NBA caliber player.

No. He scored 19 against a team that has absolutely zero shot to make it past the 2nd round, maybe not even the 1st, in the East. Boban needs to spend time with trainers and get his head right. He has no idea how big he is, and little guys abuse the fuck out of him because of it. I've seen Manu yell at him to catch with both hands, to keep the ball above defenders, but he doesn't. That's not something you wait for NBA experience to learn. He's probably been told that a million times.