PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Byron Scotts patheticness falls even deeper

MultiTroll
03-29-2016, 12:31 AM
Lakers coach Byron Scott took some aggressive shots at his team's young players when asked about Kobe Bryant's defense of Utah Jazz guard Rodney Hood. "Kobe wanted to take the challenge," Scott said. "It's a damn shame that our oldest player has to take the challenge. It says a lot about him. Obviously that's what he's done all his life. But nobody else wanted to step up and take that challenge. That's a shame that the oldest guy on our team that's leaving this league in eight games was the one that had to kind of shut him down."

Splits
03-29-2016, 12:37 AM
:lmao he took the challenge alright

Xevious
03-29-2016, 12:40 AM
So what he's saying is... he isn't the one coaching that team. He has no say in player rotations or defensive assignments. Nothing we didn't already know.

Tully365
03-29-2016, 04:01 AM
"That's a shame that the oldest guy on our team that's leaving this league in eight games was the one that had to kind of shut him down."

:lol

Thread
03-29-2016, 04:26 AM
They were selling your shit.

LkrFan
03-29-2016, 04:54 AM
Byron should re-sign. Today. Loved him as a member of Showtime, but like Magic, he sucks as a coach.

MultiTroll
03-29-2016, 04:56 AM
If he plays more than 3 games the rest of the way, I'm a monkey's ass.

http://images.rapgenius.com/82607675145f571a75abb680510bf334.900x600x1.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiTvbyA6dXLAhUD7GMKHRhhA7kQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Frebrn.com%2Fre%2Fmrw-i-prepared-dinner-but-my-girlfriend-had-a-late-lunch-1276790%2F&bvm=bv.117604692,d.cGc&psig=AFQjCNH6sPhm2y7vWBn4N6RUNMDHS4N6fg&ust=1458788351359355)

MultiTroll
03-29-2016, 04:59 AM
So what he's saying is... he isn't the one coaching that team. He has no say in player rotations or defensive assignments. Nothing we didn't already know.
Yep.
"Kobe Bryant plans to play in all of the Lakers 9 remaining games."

TheGreatYacht
03-29-2016, 05:00 AM
Byron should re-sign. Today. Loved him as a member of Showtime, but like Magic, he sucks as a coach.
I agree. Byron should re-sign for an extension

ElNono
03-29-2016, 05:35 AM

Not the only thing Magic sucked, Ricardito, youknowwhatimsayin... :lol

LkrFan
03-29-2016, 06:01 AM
Not the only thing Magic sucked, Ricardito, youknowwhatimsayin... :lol

Do I need to post the Jim/Admiral pic? You have no room son :lol

Killakobe81
03-29-2016, 07:15 AM

Obviously the team is not very good. A new coach aint polishing this turd in to a contender ... but ...
Look at the dem Spurs... they sit 4 starters and win on the road. Memphis down key players and they still win games. The celts with definitely better defensive perimeter guys than us but marginal talent overall ... is 3x better than we are.
It all starts with coaching/front-office. The front office finds the right coach to maximize whatever talent you have even if it's limited talent.

Not only was I firmly against hiring Byron I did not understand why it took soooooooo long for us to do so ...did that mean he wasnt our first choice?
If not, should I at least be comforted that the Lakers only hired him because we were turned down by someone else ... or disgusted that he was even the back-up plan?

I have said it many times. There is no salary cap on coaches. Lakers should have the best staff in this league by far. Instead of paying non max stars big money go out with your pocket-book and scorch the earth for coaching talent steal Chip from the Spurs Double his salary and lock him in the gym with Randle and Nance. ...whatever it takes. Steal the medical /training staff from the suns. double their salary. Find the best coach period college, NBA assistant, europe I dont give a shit and triple his salary. IF we come back next year with hopefully a top 2 pick same squad minus Nick Young, Hibbert and Sacre plus a few solid defensive vets. I promise you:

- we still miss playoffs
- Our record will improve to 28-32 wins
- We will still suck
- our players will develop
- Team will be less horrible to watch

I always appreciated good coaching as a coach myself but these past few years has shown me they are even more critical than I thought. And if Mitch cannot facilitate this because time has passed him by and or the buss family decides to be cheap after signing Kobe to an above market deal then we need to clean house JIm, Mitch will need to follow Byron out the door. I am willing tobe patient waiting for a rebuild bit not with this coach and not if it doesnt seem like we have a clue ...

Silver&Black
03-29-2016, 08:38 AM
:lmao Stepping up to "stop" Rodney fucking Hood

Most ppl here didn't even know who the guy was until last night.

Killakobe81
03-29-2016, 09:07 AM
:lmao Stepping up to "stop" Rodney fucking Hood

Most ppl here didn't even know who the guy was until last night.

streaky good shooter who played at Duke ...so wouldnt say he was unknown. But that doesnt matter ... dude was on pace for 60. Shameful defense all-around to let him get free like that. although Byron's right the players should be ashamed ...but I love how he never takes any accountability on himself. I cannot wait to see him gone.

Xevious
03-29-2016, 09:31 AM
Obviously the team is not very good. A new coach aint polishing this turd in to a contender ... but ...
Look at the dem Spurs... they sit 4 starters and win on the road. Memphis down key players and they still win games. The celts with definitely better defensive perimeter guys than us but marginal talent overall ... is 3x better than we are.
It all starts with coaching/front-office. The front office finds the right coach to maximize whatever talent you have even if it's limited talent.

Not only was I firmly against hiring Byron I did not understand why it took soooooooo long for us to do so ...did that mean he wasnt our first choice?
If not, should I at least be comforted that the Lakers only hired him because we were turned down by someone else ... or disgusted that he was even the back-up plan?

I have said it many times. There is no salary cap on coaches. Lakers should have the best staff in this league by far. Instead of paying non max stars big money go out with your pocket-book and scorch the earth for coaching talent steal Chip from the Spurs Double his salary and lock him in the gym with Randle and Nance. ...whatever it takes. Steal the medical /training staff from the suns. double their salary. Find the best coach period college, NBA assistant, europe I dont give a shit and triple his salary. IF we come back next year with hopefully a top 2 pick same squad minus Nick Young, Hibbert and Sacre plus a few solid defensive vets. I promise you:

- we still miss playoffs
- We will still suck

I always appreciated good coaching as a coach myself but these past few years has shown me they are even more critical than I thought. And if Mitch cannot facilitate this because time has passed him by and or the buss family decides to be cheap after signing Kobe to an above market deal then we need to clean house JIm, Mitch will need to follow Byron out the door. I am willing tobe patient waiting for a rebuild bit not with this coach and not if it doesnt seem like we have a clue ...
The Lakers are a circus act right now. It's all about the retirement tour. Nobody, top to bottom, gives a fuck about developing talent for the future. And most Laker fans are assuming that they'll draft high, land a couple big-name free agents, and be right back in the hunt next year. That shit ain't happening. It's going to be a long process. Hopefully Scott is there to see Kobe out the door and that's it. He isn't the guy to help rebuild that team.

Killakobe81
03-29-2016, 09:36 AM
The Lakers are a circus act right now. It's all about the retirement tour. Nobody, top to bottom, gives a fuck about developing talent for the future. And most Laker fans are assuming that they'll draft high, land a couple big-name free agents, and be right back in the hunt next year. That shit ain't happening. It's going to be a long process. Hopefully Scott is there to see Kobe out the door and that's it. He isn't the guy to help rebuild that team.

I know, the Durant /Horford dreams are comical. But to even get a visit from either we would need a better coach.
Personally I dont want Horford at max and no way will Durant come to the Lakers.
IF we do keep our pick ...I am fine with chasing under 30 defensive talent in FA ... not more "big fish". Players over 30 makes little sense for a rebuilding team. Draft Simmons or Ingram and keep adding young players. finding the right coach is key. I can wait a few years as long as we are ascending. Right now we are spiraling downward.

Silver&Black
03-29-2016, 10:04 AM
streaky good shooter who played at Duke

You may be right. Most of us a a little more hardcore than the average NBA fan. I mean we do log into a NBA basketball forum everyday to talk hoops. The average Joe doesn't know him though. I guess that was my point I was trying to make.

He also played at my Alma Mater Mississippi State before he transferred to Duke...left us in shambles when he left. And, I've hated the kid for it. Every time we play the Jazz I cheer every missed shot from him in our game threads.

:lol But he jumped up a couple notches after torching the Mamba like that last night.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-29-2016, 10:39 AM
From the way S&B talked about Rodney Hood in the past I thought he raped his sister or daughter or something...

Killakobe81
03-29-2016, 12:57 PM
Hood just doing to Kobe what Kobe did to MJ ...
I agree my respect for hi went up he offered the old man no quarter.

ambchang
03-29-2016, 01:01 PM
Hood just doing to Kobe what Kobe did to MJ ...
I agree my respect for hi went up he offered the old man no quarter.

You are right, Hood to Kobe is Kobe to MJ. :toast

Killakobe81
03-29-2016, 01:31 PM

I dont know about that ... but MJ was clearly the greater player if that is what you mean ...

Thread
03-29-2016, 01:48 PM
I dont know about that ... but MJ was clearly the greater player if that is what you mean ...

...Though he did get kicked out of the NBA for a year.

Silver&Black
03-29-2016, 03:42 PM
...Though he did get kicked out of the NBA for a year.

Kobe hasn't been in the NBA for the past 3 years...

DeRozan m8
03-29-2016, 03:47 PM
They were selling your shit.

LOL you must be the cuttest of all Laker fans on this forum

buttsR4rebounding
03-29-2016, 04:17 PM

DMC
03-29-2016, 06:53 PM
http://cdn.slamonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/byron-scott1.jpg

LkrFan
03-29-2016, 07:49 PM

- we still miss playoffs
- We will still suck

Good shit son. :tu

ambchang
03-29-2016, 07:54 PM

You came up with it, how would you not know?