PDA

View Full Version : 7% of Democrats are pretty racist

RandomGuy
03-29-2016, 11:32 AM
According to a recent poll.

click here to see full poll (http://news.yahoo.com/almost-half-donald-trumps-supporters-152300926.html)

Not entirely surprised at the results there.

101A
03-29-2016, 12:15 PM
According to a recent poll.

click here to see full poll (http://news.yahoo.com/almost-half-donald-trumps-supporters-152300926.html)

Not entirely surprised at the results there.

Any poll that shows nearly 50% of Democrats as saying that Blacks are at least moderately violent seems suspect, the other results notwithstanding. Would like to see the methodology that led to their conclusions. Also, ironic that the last line of the article chastises for stereotyping while the article pretty much condemns Trump supporters as racist. Stereotyping those who stereotype?

boutons_deux
03-29-2016, 12:28 PM
Probably a majority of Trump supporters ARE racists, white supremacists, homphobes, xenophobes, Muslim haters. IOW, the traditional Repug base.

Spurminator
03-29-2016, 01:13 PM
Trump seems to have really connected with the internet troll base.

RandomGuy
03-29-2016, 02:09 PM
Any poll that shows nearly 50% of Democrats as saying that Blacks are at least moderately violent seems suspect, the other results notwithstanding. Would like to see the methodology that led to their conclusions. Also, ironic that the last line of the article chastises for stereotyping while the article pretty much condemns Trump supporters as racist. Stereotyping those who stereotype?

What gets lost is nuance.

I would describe blacks as somewhat violent/lazy, in the same way that whites or humans in general are. Poverty and circumstance has far more to do with it than skin color. Although I think I would get the point of the poll and just say "not at all accurate".

I think the question could have been better worded.

Still... the trend the poll shows is rather obvious, even allowing for poor wording.

TeyshaBlue
03-29-2016, 02:27 PM
You want to draw nuance and Trends from a self-selecting internet poll?
Good luck with that.

TeyshaBlue
03-29-2016, 02:28 PM
:lol Salon

spankadelphia
03-30-2016, 01:37 AM
Salon has never printed a single article that was not completely full of shit.

spurraider21
03-30-2016, 02:58 AM
inb4 breitbart article about racist democrats

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 07:34 AM
Only 7%?

Try 10 times that.

djohn2oo8
03-30-2016, 07:50 AM
Wild Cobra calling anybody racist is fucking rich :lol

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 10:02 AM
Wild Cobra calling anybody racist is fucking rich :lol

If you really believe that, your are retarded. I am far from racist.

I say 10 times or about 70% of the democrats are racist because they believe in quota based affirmative action. You see it all the time, comparing statistics. To believe is such a system is needed is saying minorities are inferior, and need help.

spurraider21
03-30-2016, 10:52 AM
If you really believe that, your are retarded. I am far from racist.

I say 10 times or about 70% of the democrats are racist because they believe in quota based affirmative action. You see it all the time, comparing statistics. To believe is such a system is needed is saying minorities are inferior, and need help.
Is their belief system that the minorities ARE inferior or that they are TREATED as inferior?

When they ran a study where 2 identical resumes/applications were submitted to the same jobs (one with a typical "white" name and one with a latino name), and one of those (you can guess which) got a significant higher rate of response, what does that tell you?

DMX7
03-30-2016, 10:57 AM
Does Salon have any editorial standards? Is anything fact checked? Is there even any system of QC whatsoever?

spurraider21
03-30-2016, 11:02 AM
Does Salon have any editorial standards? Is anything fact checked? Is there even any system of QC whatsoever?
take salon/daily kos with the same grain of salt that you would for breitbart and freebeacon

this is my favorite gem
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CH48vUfWUAAVD5D.png

i also remember last year they put up an article saying The US Military is the greatest risk to our national security... and they literally waited for memorial day weekend to drop that article :rollin

vy65
03-30-2016, 11:17 AM
http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/oswalt1.png
http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/oswalt2.png
http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/oswalt3.png
http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/oswalt4.png
http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/oswalt5.png
http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/oswalt6.png
http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/oswalt7.png

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 11:57 AM
Is their belief system that the minorities ARE inferior or that they are TREATED as inferior?

When they ran a study where 2 identical resumes/applications were submitted to the same jobs (one with a typical "white" name and one with a latino name), and one of those (you can guess which) got a significant higher rate of response, what does that tell you?

Prejudice and racism are not the same. If you are not going to learn the nuances of specific definitions, then don't blame anyone for your ignorance.

People have a natural tendency to prefer others with more in common with themselves. Under the "all other conditions are the same" this is a natural bias. Not racism. Racism specifically means thinking another race is inferior. Preferring to be around others that are more likely to share similar cultural values is not racism.

Confusing such nuances is your failing. Not mine.

I will suspect that under conditions where the employer making the decision is a Latino, the Latino applicant would more likely be chosen.

spurraider21
03-30-2016, 12:03 PM
Prejudice and racism are not the same. If you are not going to learn the nuances of specific definitions, then don't blame anyone for your ignorance.

People have a natural tendency to prefer others with more in common with themselves. Under the "all other conditions are the same" this is a natural bias. Not racism. Racism specifically means thinking another race is inferior. Preferring to be around others that are more likely to share similar cultural values is not racism.

Confusing such nuances is your failing. Not mine.

I will suspect that under conditions where the employer making the decision is a Latino, the Latino applicant would more likely be chosen.
racism is prejudice that is based upon race. choosing employee A over employee B because of your racial preference is absolutely a racist decision

https://i.gyazo.com/65ec55bfed678838fc97d826fd85f037.png

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 12:06 PM
racism is prejudice that is based upon race

https://i.gyazo.com/65ec55bfed678838fc97d826fd85f037.png
Notice the qualifier "superior" in your insert, or are you blind to it?

Your employment example has no indication the bias was based of perceived superiority. This is why I say quota based affirmative action is racist! It assumes minorities are inferior... not equal, and need help.

spurraider21
03-30-2016, 12:07 PM
Notice the qualifier "superior" in your insert, or are you blind to it?

Your employment example has no indication the bias was based of perceived superiority.
your affirmative action example has no indication that the bias was based off perceived superiority

lol

Spurminator
03-30-2016, 12:26 PM
Your employment example has no indication the bias was based of perceived superiority. This is why I say quota based affirmative action is racist! It assumes minorities are inferior... not equal, and need help.

No, it (correctly) assumes that many people believe minorities are inferior and cannot be relied upon to provide equal opportunity for jobs without some level of enforcement.

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 12:32 PM
No, it (correctly) assumes that many people believe minorities are inferior and cannot be relied upon to provide equal opportunity for jobs without some level of enforcement.

That's your confirmation bias speaking.

Care to quote the part of the study that supports your assumption?

I didn't think so...

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 12:33 PM
your affirmative action example has no indication that the bias was based off perceived superiority

lol
Then minorities don't need help with quota systems, right?

Spurminator
03-30-2016, 12:36 PM
That's your confirmation bias speaking.

Care to quote the part of the study that supports your assumption?

I didn't think so...

:lol Why do you need a study? Look up the legislation and find where it says Affirmative Action is needed because minorities are inferior, if that's really why you believe it was introduced.

spurraider21
03-30-2016, 12:36 PM
Then minorities don't need help with quota systems, right?
lol circular argument. this is where we started.

minorities are not hired at a fair rate and studies have confirmed that this is strictly because of their being in a minority

DarrinS
03-30-2016, 12:37 PM
"Your brand of racism is way worse than ours."

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 12:42 PM
lol circular argument. this is where we started.

minorities are not hired at a fair rate and studies have confirmed that this is strictly because of their being in a minority

Really?

I don't believe you. How many minorities are well spoken? Do you think a white speaking like a hillbilly will be hired over a well spoken black with all other factors equal? Perception is everything and it goes beyond race and color. Most who are being passed up for jobs are due to other factors beyond race. the problem is, most these are cultural, and largely follow race. However... It is not because of race!

spurraider21
03-30-2016, 12:45 PM
Really?

I don't believe you. How many minorities are well spoken? Do you think a white speaking like a hillbilly will be hired over a well spoken black with all other factors equal? Perception is everything and it goes beyond race and color. Most who are being passed up for jobs are due to other factors beyond race. the problem is, most these are cultural, and largely follow race. However... It is not because of race!
with IDENTICAL resumes, people with minority sounding names were called back for interviews at a significantly lower rate. that is before they ever spoke. again, the resumes were printed identically.

your belief or lack of belief here is inconsequential. does it matter if i dont believe that 1+1 is 2 ?

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/mar/15/jalen-ross/black-name-resume-50-percent-less-likely-get-respo/

Spurminator
03-30-2016, 12:45 PM
Really?

I don't believe you.

So now you don't want to listen to studies. Make up your mind.

Do you think a white speaking like a hillbilly will be hired over a well spoken black with all other factors equal?

LOL, in Texas and other parts of the south? Um, yeah.

Perception is everything and it goes beyond race and color. Most who are being passed up for jobs are due to other factors beyond race. the problem is, most these are cultural, and largely follow race. However... It is not because of race!

Do explain.

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 01:22 PM
with IDENTICAL resumes, people with minority sounding names were called back for interviews at a significantly lower rate. that is before they ever spoke. again, the resumes were printed identically.

your belief or lack of belief here is inconsequential. does it matter if i dont believe that 1+1 is 2 ?

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/mar/15/jalen-ross/black-name-resume-50-percent-less-likely-get-respo/

Though we have interpreted our results in terms of racial differences, we actually manipulate only the
name on the resume. While these names clearly signal race, perhaps they also signal some other personal
characteristics. More specifically, one might be concerned that employers are inferring social background
from the personal name. When employers read a name like “Tyrone” or “Latoya,” they may assume that the
person comes from a disadvantaged background. In the extreme form of this social background interpretation,
employers do not care at all about race but are discriminating only against the social background conveyed
by the names we have chosen.

Perception is everything and it goes beyond race and color. Most who are being passed up for jobs are due to other factors beyond race. The problem is, most these are cultural, and largely follow race. However... It is not because of race!

hater
03-30-2016, 01:24 PM
70% of all Americans are racist. I have learned this through my travels around this country. Tbqh

Wildcobra is dead right

spurraider21
03-30-2016, 01:24 PM
Wild Cobra

:lmao very next sentence... gotta stop cherry-picking a couple of sentences out of a document that long, it just looks bad on your behalf

"While plausible, we feel that some of our earlier results are hard to reconcile with this interpretation.For example, in Table 6, we found that while employers value “better” addresses, African Americans arenot helped more than Whites by living in Whiter or more educated neighborhoods."

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 01:29 PM
Wild Cobra

:lmao very next sentence... gotta stop cherry-picking a couple of sentences out of a document that long, it just looks bad on your behalf

"While plausible, we feel that some of our earlier results are hard to reconcile with this interpretation.For example, in Table 6, we found that while employers value “better” addresses, African Americans arenot helped more than Whites by living in Whiter or more educated neighborhoods."
Hey. Deny it all you want. The study says what I have been about perception and/or culture.

Spurminator
03-30-2016, 01:34 PM
Hey. Deny it all you want. The study says what I have been about perception and/or culture.

Any good study has caveats and margin for error. You don't claim that those represent the conclusion of the study.

spurraider21
03-30-2016, 01:35 PM
the study in the very next sentence says that their earlier results are hard to reconcile with your interpretation

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 01:36 PM
Any good study has caveats and margin for error. You don't claim that those represent the conclusion of the study.

They are saying that could be what the study reflected. To say it is perception of race and ignoring it might be perception of culture is your denial. Not mine.

Why if your idea it is "race only" is wrong?

Spurminator
03-30-2016, 01:36 PM
Study: "The results of this study show that the pennies in the fountain are likely from children throwing them in, however, it's possible that some of them may have been accidentally dropped by adults."

Wild Cobra: "See? According to this study, children don't throw pennies in fountains!"

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 01:38 PM
Study: "The results of this study show that the pennies in the fountain are likely from children throwing them in, however, it's possible that some of them may have been accidentally dropped by adults."

Wild Cobra: "See? According to this study, children don't throw pennies in fountains!"

LOL...

Grasping at straws now?

spurraider21
03-30-2016, 01:39 PM
LOL...

Grasping at straws now?
i guess he's following your lead

Spurminator
03-30-2016, 01:42 PM
LOL...

Grasping at straws now?

No, that's a fictional example to illustrate your confirmation bias. Grasping at straws is what you just did with the study you were so proud to find.

I do applaud you for actually taking some time to look up anything that might support your theory, though. It's a step in the right direction.

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 01:46 PM
i guess he's following your lead

I'm not grasping at straws. Before the study was linked, I already pointed out culture (social background) over race as what I believe most this bias is based on. I quoted that part because it supported my contention.

What if you put in hillbilly names vs. black names? What would the results be?

The study itself confirms the results may have been based of perceived culture (social background) rather than race. To use your confirmation bias and exclude every possibility but race, is your bias.

resistanze
03-30-2016, 01:49 PM
LOL...

Grasping at straws now?

Is it?

Serious question. If you were a slave, and I were a master...

Would you want to be owned by an abusive master, or a master that believed in rights and treated you well.

Can you say that any of the founding father abused their slaves? What if I bough as many slaves as I could to protect them from others brutality. Does that make me an evil slave owner?

Spurminator
03-30-2016, 01:52 PM
The study itself confirms the results may have been based of perceived culture (social background) rather than race. To use your confirmation bias and exclude every possibility but race, is your bias.

Who's excluding possibilities here besides you? No one's saying every hire is made with racial bias. Just a significant number, and that's what affirmative action combats.

You're basically claiming it doesn't happen.

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 01:52 PM
Is it?

Serious question. If you were a slave, and I were a master...

Would you want to be owned by an abusive master, or a master that believed in rights and treated you well.

Can you say that any of the founding father abused their slaves? What if I bough as many slaves as I could to protect them from others brutality. Does that make me an evil slave owner?
This has nothing to do with slavery.

Goodbye shithead.

spurraider21
03-30-2016, 01:53 PM
I'm not grasping at straws. Before the study was linked, I already pointed out culture (social background) over race as what I believe most this bias is based on. I quoted that part because it supported my contention.

What if you put in hillbilly names vs. black names? What would the results be?

you dug through a 40 page study, found one sentence you liked, and are clinging to it... despite the fact that the very next sentence undermines it. that is grasping at straws

resistanze
03-30-2016, 01:54 PM
This has nothing to do with slavery.

Goodbye shithead.

:lmao I just thought one of your countless fucking retarded takes on racism was appropriate tbh

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 01:56 PM
Who's excluding possibilities here besides you? No one's saying every hire is made with racial bias. Just a significant number, and that's what affirmative action combats.

You're basically claiming it doesn't happen.
I'm claiming there are other factors outside of race. There are still a few real racists out there, but this study doesn't prove diddly.

Again, what if the white names were hillbilly names vs. the black names used. Is it your contention the hillbillies would get a greater callback rate still? Still get the 1 in 10 vs. the 1 in 15?

Spurminator
03-30-2016, 02:09 PM
I'm claiming there are other factors outside of race. There are still a few real racists out there, but this study doesn't prove diddly.

Again, what if the white names were hillbilly names vs. the black names used. Is it your contention the hillbillies would get a greater callback rate still? Still get the 1 in 10 vs. the 1 in 15?

Who decides what a "hillbilly name" is vs. a black name, and which of those represents a poor cultural background? You're basically saying having a black-sounding name puts you in the same potential pool as white trash and you don't think there's anything wrong with that.

The study specifically used the names Tyrone and LaToya. DO you believe those names represent a poor cultural background, and if so, why?

rmt
03-30-2016, 02:12 PM

What say you about minorities like asians where there is reverse discrimination? where the average accepted asian (college) applicant has to score hundreds of points higher on test scores and an asian applicant with the same test scores as a white applicant (much less a black or latino) in essence has no chance.

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 02:19 PM
Who decides what a "hillbilly name" is vs. a black name, and which of those represents a poor cultural background? You're basically saying having a black-sounding name puts you in the same potential pool as white trash and you don't think there's anything wrong with that.

By the same means they determined the black and white names.

I see you didn't read the study!

The study specifically used the names Tyrone and LaToya. DO you believe those names represent a poor cultural background, and if so, why?
It doesn't matter what I believe. This study was done in two cities, outside of my cultural norm.

You should read the study. Right now, you look foolish.

Spurminator
03-30-2016, 02:38 PM
By the same means they determined the black and white names.

I see you didn't read the study!

You mean the study we were talking about before? In the Politifact article? I did read it.

The study that we are now talking about is an imaginary study that you came up with, where "hillbilly" white names are substituted for normal white names. I'm asking you to quantify how researchers would select "hillbilly"-sounding names.

Jesus, you can't even follow your own line of questioning.

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 02:51 PM
You mean the study we were talking about before? In the Politifact article? I did read it.

The study that we are now talking about is an imaginary study that you came up with, where "hillbilly" white names are substituted for normal white names. I'm asking you to quantify how researchers would select "hillbilly"-sounding names.

Jesus, you can't even follow your own line of questioning.

Yes, the study is linked in the Politifacts article. You should read the study instead of being spoonfeed by Politifacts, their agenda dribble.

The study says how they selected the names. They can select hillbilly names the same way.

Spurminator
03-30-2016, 02:54 PM
No, the study is linked in the Politifacts article. You should read the study instead of being spoonfeed by Politifacts, their agenda dribble.

The study says how they selected the names.

Yes, based on demographic information from the Office of Vital Records in the California Department of Health Services. How long do you suppose they've been collecting data on whether someone was born to hillbilly parents or not?

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 03:03 PM
Yes, based on demographic information from the Office of Vital Records in the California Department of Health Services. How long do you suppose they've been collecting data on whether someone was born to hillbilly parents or not?

Then they tested the response of the names, before implementing them in the resume study. They can do the same testing to pick hillbilly names.

This was a study that was designed to test a premise without eliminating all known variables. The conclusions cannot be considered valid without weeding out the other possibilities.

You do understand the scientific method, right?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5c/The_Scientific_Method_as_an_Ongoing_Process.svg/728px-The_Scientific_Method_as_an_Ongoing_Process.svg.pn g (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method)

Before the conclusions of such a study can be considered valid, the other possibilities must be tested for and included or excluded. The other hypothesis of social culture was mentioned, but not tested. Therefore, the hypothesis it is race may be invalid.

I contend it is invalid, though it is my belief, and have no proof of it.

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 03:09 PM
How about these for the four boys and girls names?

Bobby Joe
Homer
Roscoe
Wilbur

Bambi
LeAnne
Mary Lou
Norma

Think these might have adverse effects or not?

Spurminator
03-30-2016, 03:22 PM
I contend it is invalid, though it is my belief, and have no proof of it.

Took you long enough... but glad we have that settled. Now, moving on to your hypothetical...

How about these for the four boys and girls names?

Bobby Joe
Homer
Roscoe
Wilbur

Bambi
LeAnne
Mary Lou
Norma

Think these might have adverse effects or not?

Probably some, but it depends on the job and the employer.

Would your study also filter "black" names to use names that specifically sound like those of poor blacks? Because right now you're comparing names pulled from specific socioeconomic status to names pulled only by race. Not really apples to apples.

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 03:46 PM
I started doing some name research, and don't think the names were so randomly selected. Unconscience bias can take place.

The names used:

Jamal Jones...

There was a Jamal Jones arrested for murder in 1999, in Chicago, just before the study. Chicago was one of the two cities used.

Greg Baker...

There was a 2000 article in Chicago about a a teacher/coach named Greg Baker that did positive things in the community.

I didn't find anything on the other two names before July 2001, but google searches drop a lot of things over the years. Just the same, i think it's safe top say exact name matches trigger unconscious bias as well, as to good and bad impressions.

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 03:50 PM
Took you long enough... but glad we have that settled. Now, moving on to your hypothetical...

Probably some, but it depends on the job and the employer.

Would your study also filter "black" names to use names that specifically sound like those of poor blacks? Because right now you're comparing names pulled from specific socioeconomic status to names pulled only by race. Not really apples to apples.

See my prior post on news and names.

I think they should have excluded a well publicized black name arrested for murder, and the white name honored for community deeds.

Please don't tell me that didn't bias the results at all...

Spurminator
03-30-2016, 03:53 PM
See my prior post on news and names.

I think they should have excluded a well publicized black name arrested for murder, and the white name honored for community deeds.

Please don't tell me that didn't bias the results at all...

I can say with a pretty high level of confidence that hiring managers rarely if ever exclude applicants from getting a callback based on a Google search revealing a different person with the same name.

RandomGuy
03-30-2016, 04:22 PM
you dug through a 40 page study, found one sentence you liked, and are clinging to it... despite the fact that the very next sentence undermines it. that is grasping at straws

That is the way he works. Confirmation bias and sophism personified.

spankadelphia
03-30-2016, 07:00 PM
Lots of appropriation of Western European culture going on in this thread.

Wild Cobra
03-30-2016, 11:48 PM
I can say with a pretty high level of confidence that hiring managers rarely if ever exclude applicants from getting a callback based on a Google search revealing a different person with the same name.

That isn't what I said.

It's pretty annoying trying to debate someone who hasn't a clue. The names were in the news. The memory could easily be unconscious, and affect the results with all else equal. Unless you can rule such things out...

spurraider21
03-31-2016, 12:25 AM
The memory could easily be unconscious
:lol and you were talking about grasping at straws

DeadlyDynasty
03-31-2016, 09:37 AM
salon.com? :lolsmh RG

Spurminator
03-31-2016, 09:59 AM
That isn't what I said.

It's pretty annoying trying to debate someone who hasn't a clue. The names were in the news. The memory could easily be unconscious, and affect the results with all else equal. Unless you can rule such things out...

Honestly, I thought that's what you might have meant, but it's even dumber than the Google search scenario. I was just giving you the benefit of the doubt.

My mistake. I'll try again. I can say with a pretty high level of confidence that hiring managers rarely if ever exclude applicants from getting a callback based on a subconscious recollection of a news story about someone with the same name.

Wild Cobra
03-31-2016, 10:35 AM
:lol and you were talking about grasping at straws

God you are an idiot.

I am pointing out other possibilities. It is not I that is stuck on only one viewpoint. Even the study says the numbers could be other than race, but no... you only acceopt the numbers are due to race.

Wild Cobra
03-31-2016, 10:38 AM
My mistake. I'll try again. I can say with a pretty high level of confidence that hiring managers rarely if ever exclude applicants from getting a callback based on a subconscious recollection of a news story about someone with the same name.

How do you know?

Are you a mind reader?

How do you know how a person chooses if all other factors are equal?

Who knows. Maybe they actually remember the year old story as well, and his to make a decision somehow. Maybe it is conscience...

Spurminator
03-31-2016, 11:51 AM
How do you know?

Are you a mind reader?

How do you know how a person chooses if all other factors are equal?

Who knows. Maybe they actually remember the year old story as well, and his to make a decision somehow. Maybe it is conscience...

I really can't hope to have a serious conversation with someone who thinks it's highly plausible that someone named Jamal Jones didn't get a callback because of a subconscious recollection of a news story, and that this example disproves racial discrimination in hiring practices.

Wild Cobra
03-31-2016, 12:13 PM
I really can't hope to have a serious conversation with someone who thinks it's highly plausible that someone named Jamal Jones didn't get a callback because of a subconscious recollection of a news story, and that this example disproves racial discrimination in hiring practices.

LOL...

You can't get over the fact that I see other possible alternatives. I am not stating any as fact like you are.

You are in denial that there could possibly be something other than racism.

You are closed minded.

Is your head as hard as a diamond?

Spurminator
03-31-2016, 12:15 PM
You can't get over the fact that I see other possible alternatives. I am not stating any as fact like you are.

You are in denial that there could possibly be something other than racism.

I've already said there could be other reasons on a case-by-case basis. But, see, that's why these studies look at over a thousand cases. That's where patterns are found. You're questioning the findings of the entire study based on the POSSIBILITY that one or two examples COULD have been something else. And you still don't see why that's ridiculous.

Wild Cobra
03-31-2016, 01:03 PM
I've already said there could be other reasons on a case-by-case basis. But, see, that's why these studies look at over a thousand cases. That's where patterns are found. You're questioning the findings of the entire study based on the POSSIBILITY that one or two examples COULD have been something else. And you still don't see why that's ridiculous.

No. I added possibilities. The study itself said the causes may have been perceived environment rather than perceived race. When you failed to acknowledge that fact, I added a few.

You simply do not have an open mind. You have a bigoted viewpoint that racism is the only conclusion.

I pity your lack of open mindedness.

RandomGuy
07-13-2016, 04:53 PM
For Snakeboy

FuzzyLumpkins
07-13-2016, 05:59 PM
Goddamn this thread.

This is why you don't argue with WC on merit and go straight for the 'youre a gibbering moron' tactic. Insert aphorism about arguing with fools.

TeyshaBlue
07-13-2016, 08:35 PM
You want to draw nuance and Trends from a self-selecting internet poll?
Good luck with that.

For RandomGuy.

Wild Cobra
07-13-2016, 10:07 PM
Goddamn this thread.

This is why you don't argue with WC on merit and go straight for the 'youre a gibbering moron' tactic. Insert aphorism about arguing with fools.

The problem is sometimes with you is that you think when someone shows alternate possibilities, they are presenting them as facts.

You are a total dumbshit!

pgardn
07-13-2016, 10:20 PM
Probably a majority of Trump supporters ARE racists, white supremacists, homphobes, xenophobes, Muslim haters. IOW, the traditional Repug base.

Actually many are probably a lot like you.

White, angry, low wage earners looking to blame their favorite convenient entity Big _________ for you.

SnakeBoy
07-14-2016, 12:41 AM
For Snakeboy

Is this supposed to be your example of holding Democrats feet to the fire?

FuzzyLumpkins
07-14-2016, 01:50 AM
The problem is sometimes with you is that you think when someone shows alternate possibilities, they are presenting them as facts.

You are a total dumbshit!

Given this theme: I am presenting the possibility that you are a gibbering moron.

RandomGuy
07-14-2016, 08:07 AM
salon.com? :lolsmh RG

Heh, not only that it was an internet poll.

Still fun to play with.

RandomGuy
07-14-2016, 12:19 PM
Is this supposed to be your example of holding Democrats feet to the fire?

To be fair:
Not really. It was one of the first search results, and I thought it was funny.

The kind of evidence you want will take quite a bit of sifting and effort. I'm not entirely sure I have the time available to get it. It is, though, my responsibility to support my claim that I do hold Democrats accountable when they err. The problem with finding that is that what search terms do you use to find it?

As I said in the other thread, I am willing to make the effort, if I thought you were intellectually honest enough to be critical of Republicans when they fuck up. You do a similar search for anything critical you have said, and I would be a lot more willing to try.

What I can say, without a search is that I don't mind criticizing Democrats when they do something I don't like. If you prefer, I can find something in current events and offer a simple critique. I generally support most Democratic positions though, so it might have to be limited to simply finding something stupid said by a Democrat, which I am sure is out there.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2016, 10:45 PM
To be fair:
Not really. It was one of the first search results, and I thought it was funny.

The kind of evidence you want will take quite a bit of sifting and effort. I'm not entirely sure I have the time available to get it. It is, though, my responsibility to support my claim that I do hold Democrats accountable when they err. The problem with finding that is that what search terms do you use to find it?

As I said in the other thread, I am willing to make the effort, if I thought you were intellectually honest enough to be critical of Republicans when they fuck up. You do a similar search for anything critical you have said, and I would be a lot more willing to try.

What I can say, without a search is that I don't mind criticizing Democrats when they do something I don't like. If you prefer, I can find something in current events and offer a simple critique. I generally support most Democratic positions though, so it might have to be limited to simply finding something stupid said by a Democrat, which I am sure is out there.
"We flood communities with so many guns, that it is easier for a teen to buy a Glock than get his hands on a computer or even a book."

boutons_deux
07-15-2016, 08:22 AM
Actually many are probably a lot like you.

shitty, fantasy take, as usual.

ducks
09-13-2016, 12:43 AM
Salon has never printed a single article that was not completely full of shit.

:lol:hat

ducks
09-13-2016, 12:44 AM
Does Salon have any editorial standards? Is anything fact checked? Is there even any system of QC whatsoever?:lol

rmt
09-13-2016, 07:03 PM
Kornacki: Racial Attitudes Of Blacks From Trump Supporters Not Far Off From Clinton Supporters

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/09/12/kornacki_racial_attitudes_of_blacks_from_trump_sup porters_not_far_off_from_clinton_supporters.html

mingus
09-14-2016, 01:48 PM
Kornacki: Racial Attitudes Of Blacks From Trump Supporters Not Far Off From Clinton Supporters

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/09/12/kornacki_racial_attitudes_of_blacks_from_trump_sup porters_not_far_off_from_clinton_supporters.html

Anybody who makes company with White liberals & White conservatives alike knows it's not a question of whether one is
more racist than the other, but how/when it manifests itself.

Good number of these liberals would start shaking like a chihuahua if approached by a Black dude in a hoodie. :lol

rmt
09-14-2016, 02:24 PM
Anybody who makes company with White liberals & White conservatives alike knows it's not a question of whether one is
more racist than the other, but how/when it manifests itself.

Good number of these liberals would start shaking like a chihuahua if approached by a Black dude in a hoodie. :lol

You mean like Cuban crossing to the other side of the street if he sees a black guy in a hoodie on his side of the street?

mingus
09-14-2016, 09:33 PM
You mean like Cuban crossing to the other side of the street if he sees a black guy in a hoodie on his side of the street?

I guess you can say that, but at least he has the balls to speak the truth.

Who do the people on this board think they're kidding?

rmt
09-14-2016, 09:43 PM
I guess you can say that, but at least he has the balls to speak the truth.

Who do the people on this board think they're kidding?

In my case, I cross the street when I see ANY male.

Spurminator
09-14-2016, 11:01 PM
This thread is peak Wild Cobra.

mingus
09-15-2016, 05:22 AM

Probably the right thing to do. Too many cases of harassment, assault etc. against women by men/animals of any color going on. My cousin was gangraped a year ago. Don't just automatically give your trust to any man, let 'em earn it.

Th'Pusher
09-15-2016, 12:00 PM

Yes, but it's been well established you live in a constant state of fear.

mingus
09-15-2016, 01:16 PM

Sounds an awful lot like you're telling this woman what's best for her. Thought that was a purely conservative thing.

Avante
09-15-2016, 01:20 PM
What I have never understood is why this need to pretend there aren't obvious differences in the races? Why act like they are the same?

Compare Asia to Africa.

DarrinS
09-15-2016, 01:50 PM
She is not crossing from fear, she's racist, and classist.

She said ANY male.

rmt
09-15-2016, 05:46 PM

I think I'll follow Mingus' common-sense advice than worry about whether my fear level is acceptable to you.