PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Curry sticks to basketball, does not want to be involved with social issues

InRareForm
03-29-2016, 02:36 PM
http://www.outsports.com/2016/3/29/11322004/steph-curry-incoherent-response-north-carolina-anti-lgbt-law

Spurtacular
03-29-2016, 02:59 PM
Curry gave a solid response. It's not his job to advocate for causes. More public figures should follow his example.

I. Hustle
03-29-2016, 03:30 PM
It's stupid. He doesn't have to say anything or defend himself. On the court I hope the Spurs beat his ass. Off the court, he can believe what he wants. He's just a basketball player. He shouldn't have to take a stance in public if he doesn't want to.

I. Hustle
03-29-2016, 03:32 PM
Curry gave a solid response. It's not his job to advocate for causes. More public figures should follow his example.

I agree. A lot of these athletes think that just because they have money they need to share their political opinion or their opinion. Just shut up and play ball.

InRareForm
03-29-2016, 03:41 PM
nowadays with sensitive liberals.... a no response is a deeply negative message to them .

DeRozan m8
03-29-2016, 03:46 PM
Considering he's mates with Obama, this is a good thing tbh

daslicer
03-29-2016, 04:10 PM
Curry wants to play in front of his hometown for the ASG and I don't blame him for that. I live in Charlotte so I'm biased and want the ASG game to stay there.

Thread
03-29-2016, 04:38 PM
I agree. A lot of these athletes think that just because they have money they need to share their political opinion or their opinion. Just shut up and play ball.

Me 3.

spurraider21
03-29-2016, 04:48 PM
I have no problem with public figures to remain silent politically. In fact it can get annoying when they become preachy on an issue.

Silver&Black
03-29-2016, 04:55 PM
"Republicans buy sneakers too"

-- Michael Jeffrey Jordan

K...
03-29-2016, 06:01 PM
IDK you guys are all pushing false equivalence. Imagine if they asked him if slavery were goood and he didn't have an opinion. Cool, right?

Well, it's kind of a continuum. Denying people the right to discriminate in their public positions is kind of a big thing? That's this is a story.

I mean if big corporations went in on the LGBT side it's kind of safe for a national black person to support it. The freaking NBA Commish took a stand. His silence isn't discretion because the default position on decency is not maybe.

spankadelphia
03-29-2016, 10:15 PM
The SJW left has only just begun their attack on American sports culture.

They co opt groups for their causes and then discard them when their votes are no longer needed. Gay men are already beginning to become marginalized within their own movement, mostly by trans freaks and turbo **** feminist rug munchers who think all white men are privileged, even the gays. This is how they operate. White women are next on the chopping block.

RD2191
03-29-2016, 10:52 PM
Jim fagginski can go fuck himself, whiny little bitch. Props to Curry.

weeks
03-29-2016, 11:10 PM
nowadays with sensitive liberals.... a no response is a deeply negative message to them .

Seriously ."this is problematic " like they're shocked not everyone gives a fk about identity politics as much as they do

Liberals are so caught up in trying to impress everyone with what good people they are .They think you have to agree with them because they're the only ones who are decent people. If you don't agree with a conservative they think you're naive or retarded .Disagree with a liberal and they think you're evil.
Look at k for example. He honestly believes you can't be a decent person and not support social justice. It's wrapped up in his identity as the "right kind of person "
Virtue signaling run rampant. I weep for this country.
Pretty sure curry is legit Christian

TE
03-30-2016, 12:09 AM
:lmao at those comments underneath and that Buzinski writer. Have liberals really stooped that low to claim such a response as bigotry or offensive? Holy shit man, that's fucking pathetic.

daslicer
03-30-2016, 12:22 AM
Seriously ."this is problematic " like they're shocked not everyone gives a fk about identity politics as much as they do

Liberals are so caught up in trying to impress everyone with what good people they are .They think you have to agree with them because they're the only ones who are decent people. If you don't agree with a conservative they think you're naive or retarded .Disagree with a liberal and they think you're evil.
Look at k for example. He honestly believes you can't be a decent person and not support social justice. It's wrapped up in his identity as the "right kind of person "
Virtue signaling run rampant. I weep for this country.
Pretty sure curry is legit Christian

One thing that drives me nuts about these Liberal places such as SF is how expensive they are to live in. They are willing to morally condemn a place like Charlotte without knowing that it is a democratic city that is very affordable for a normal person to live in while SF is not affordable at all. They like to champion social issues over economic issues which I find funny. I guess they can feel good about paying 4000 dollars a month in rent for a box while fighting for Trans rights.

UZER
03-30-2016, 12:27 AM
Man no mercy. Speak against us, you're a bigot. Keep your mouth shut and mind your own business, you're a bigot and we'll tell the world. Tolerance and equality at its finest.

TE
03-30-2016, 12:29 AM
Man no mercy. Speak against us, you're a bigot. Keep your mouth shut and mind your own business, you're a bigot and we'll tell the world. Tolerance and equality at its finest.
They want to be acknowledged tho. The struggle :cry.

spankadelphia
03-30-2016, 01:22 AM
One thing that drives me nuts about these Liberal places such as SF is how expensive they are to live in. They are willing to morally condemn a place like Charlotte without knowing that it is a democratic city that is very affordable for a normal person to live in while SF is not affordable at all. They like to champion social issues over economic issues which I find funny. I guess they can feel good about paying 4000 dollars a month in rent for a box while fighting for Trans rights.

The worst part is that when they price themselves out of their progressive utopias, they invariably move to red states and bring their voting patterns with them. See Colorado, Texas, Virginia, etc... They never fucking learn.

DAF86
03-30-2016, 01:57 AM
Why are some folks so interested in getting their noses on other people's bussiness? Gays have as much right as heterosexuals to fuck their lifes with marriage, tbh.

Venti Quattro
03-30-2016, 01:09 PM
The SJW left has only just begun their attack on American sports culture

Feminiazis are at the forefront of the attack

Venti Quattro
03-30-2016, 01:16 PM
And I respect Curry for not saying anything and sticking to his role as a very good and very rich basketball player instead of a social commentator

Thread
03-30-2016, 01:24 PM
And I respect Curry for not saying anything and sticking to his role as a very good and very rich basketball player instead of a social commentator

That's what a mother & father upbringing forges.

- "You have to love your children unselfishly. That is hard. But it is the only way."

- Barbara Bush

Buddy Mignon
03-30-2016, 02:43 PM
Well... we already know what Curry thinks. His God is going to burn those faggots.

~O~
03-30-2016, 02:59 PM
Polical Correctness.......to appease woman's hyper sensitive feelings which is starting to rub off on men.

Trainwreck2100
03-30-2016, 03:43 PM
The SJW left has only just begun their attack on American sports culture.

They co opt groups for their causes and then discard them when their votes are no longer needed. Gay men are already beginning to become marginalized within their own movement, mostly by trans freaks and turbo **** feminist rug munchers who think all white men are privileged, even the gays. This is how they operate. White women are next on the chopping block.

I saw on ESPN they're calling it an anti LGBT law. But since when is gay the same as tranny. If anything this is an anti-T law but that just doesn't ring the same.

spankadelphia
03-30-2016, 06:56 PM
I saw on ESPN they're calling it an anti LGBT law. But since when is gay the same as tranny. If anything this is an anti-T law but that just doesn't ring the same.

The sands of Progressive ideology are constantly shifting. What was progressive yesterday is bigoted and "problematic" tomorrow. The goal posts are always moving.

I knew a few gay dudes in high school and college. Most would never admit it publicly in today's social climate, but they absolutely object to the "T" being added to the end of their movement. Gay men are mostly responsible for the success of the LGB movement and it is now being co opted by mentally ill gender dysphoric psychopaths.

There used to be a tranny bar right next to the dive bar I worked at in college. In my experience, they are truly mentally deranged people.