PDA

View Full Version : Golden State Warriors??

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-28-2005, 12:18 AM
Do you guys think they will make the playoffs this year?? No doubt they will be fun to watch with B.Davis and Richardson, I could see them getting the 6th spot in the west this year.

Sense
09-28-2005, 12:25 AM
It might be VERY close....

But I don't see them up there..

Kori Ellis
09-28-2005, 01:16 AM
If Baron Davis can ever stay healthy, then they have a chance but the West is still very deep.

reader
09-28-2005, 01:58 AM
They certainly finished on a high note last year after they got Davis. They won 18 of their last 28 games, beating amongst others, Seattle, Houston, Phoenix and LAL, so I can see them in the running. As Kori says, the caveat as always, can Davis stay healthy?

Spurminator
09-28-2005, 09:52 AM
I still think the West is too deep. There's just no room.

Obstructed_View
09-28-2005, 10:05 AM
If Golden State makes the playoffs, who do they bump? Memphis won't make the Playoffs, and you have to figure Minnesota and the Lakers will be competetive again. There will be one or two decent western conference teams that don't make it.

Spurminator
09-28-2005, 10:06 AM
The Jazz are my dark horse pick to sneak in to the 8th spot.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-28-2005, 04:47 PM
If Golden State makes the playoffs, who do they bump? Memphis won't make the Playoffs, and you have to figure Minnesota and the Lakers will be competetive again. There will be one or two decent western conference teams that don't make it.

I'm thinking the Kings will miss out on the playoffs this year, and possibly the mavs. The west is really not as dominate as it used to be, right now its only the Spurs and Suns... and who knows how good the suns will be next year without JJohnson

z0sa
09-28-2005, 05:12 PM
you don't think the Kings wil make the playoffs with such a good starting 5 and a good bench to draw from?

Horry For 3!
09-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Warriors will have a chance to make the playoffs but not sure they will this year.

Sense
09-28-2005, 10:39 PM
The Jazz are my dark horse pick to sneak in to the 8th spot.

:tu , I've also thought of Jazz to be a sleeper... if Boozer and AK47 stay healthy.

Boo
09-29-2005, 12:04 AM
They'll make it!!

BELIEVE

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-29-2005, 12:08 AM
you don't think the Kings wil make the playoffs with such a good starting 5 and a good bench to draw from?

Spurs
Suns
Nuggets
Rockets
Sonics
Lakers
Sonics
Minnesota
Memphis
Utah

I dont see a team led by mike bibby being better than alot of those teams I listed

MadDog73
09-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Spurs
Suns
Nuggets
Rockets
Sonics
Lakers
Sonics
Minnesota
Memphis
Utah

I dont see a team led by mike bibby being better than alot of those teams I listed

???

Obstructed_View
09-29-2005, 11:31 AM
Spurs
Suns
Nuggets
Rockets
Sonics
Lakers
Sonics
Minnesota
Memphis
Utah

The Kings have essentially the same team they had last year with the addition of SAR and Jason Hart. Francisco Garcia is a heck of a shooter, too. That may not be enough, but I'm curious: since when has Mike Bibby not been a good player, a winner or a leader?

batman2883
09-29-2005, 12:22 PM
I dont know the West is really really deep especially with the way the Rockets were playing last year and the Nuggets, i think they have a good chance of sneaking in if BDavis stays healthy thats a big if...it will certainly be fun to watch though

alamo50
09-29-2005, 12:56 PM
I am willing to bet that the Warriors will have a better record than the Fakers this upcomig season.

Medvedenko
09-29-2005, 01:05 PM
I am willing to bet that the Warriors will have a better record than the Fakers this upcomig season.

The bet is on...my entire Vbookie accout by season end....

Obstructed_View
09-29-2005, 02:20 PM
...it will certainly be fun to watch though
You got that right. The West is as competetive as I can remember.

Well, for second place, it's competetive. :lol

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-29-2005, 02:25 PM
The Kings have essentially the same team they had last year with the addition of SAR and Jason Hart. Francisco Garcia is a heck of a shooter, too. That may not be enough, but I'm curious: since when has Mike Bibby not been a good player, a winner or a leader?

First of all, I think SAR is way overrated. Last year the last 3 months the kings were barely .500, and I think too many teams in the west got better. I think the kings can get the 7th or 8th seed. I'm just predicting they wont make it this year.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-29-2005, 02:27 PM

I didn't mean for that to sound like I didn't think bibby was a good player, I meant he's not good enough to be the star of the team.

Obstructed_View
09-29-2005, 02:29 PM
I didn't mean for that to sound like I didn't think bibby was a good player, I meant he's not good enough to be the star of the team.
I'll buy that, but many forget how long he carried Peja and Webber while they got all the credit.

Obstructed_View
09-29-2005, 02:31 PM
First of all, I think SAR is way overrated. Last year the last 3 months the kings were barely .500, and I think too many teams in the west got better. I think the kings can get the 7th or 8th seed. I'm just predicting they wont make it this year.
That weak-ass soft performance they gave against the Sonics in the playoffs doesn't do anything to make me think you are wrong. Surely Peja will get his game back in gear now that he isn't bellyaching about wanting to be traded.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-29-2005, 02:41 PM
do they still have bobby jackson???

Obstructed_View
09-29-2005, 05:06 PM
He plays for Memphis now, which is one reason I'm reluctant to count the Grizzlies out in the West.

Kip Fanatic
09-30-2005, 09:23 AM
I think the Warriors have a good chance of making the playoffs. I think the Jazz will be very good this year. AK47 will make a huge difference if he stays healthy. They got our boy Devin Brown and that rookie point guard. I doubt that the Sonics make it this year. I don't see the Kings making it either. I would say SA, Houston, Phoenix, Denver, Utah, Minn., Dallas, and the Lakers will be the top eight, but that is just a prediction. It all depends on injuries. I think this season the 6-8 spots will be very tight.

alamo50
09-30-2005, 12:28 PM

I have 10 times as much cash as you do.
Come up with an honnest wager Faker.

:hat

Medvedenko
09-30-2005, 04:08 PM
That's the point...I'm playing the odds. Anyways, only time will tell.

Boo
09-30-2005, 05:08 PM

Warriors >> Lakers

Count on it

alamo50
10-03-2005, 06:32 AM
That's the point...I'm playing the odds. Anyways, only time will tell.

I am not letting you off da hook that easily Faker fan.
Suggest a reasonable bet without thinking of vbookie cash.

:hat

alamo50
10-05-2005, 03:14 AM
Bump.
You Faker boy, step up to the plate MOFO!