PDA

View Full Version : Never Understimate How Scummy and Sleazy The Repugs Are

boutons_deux
03-30-2016, 01:06 PM
Rachel Maddow Blows The Lid Off Republican Scheme To Rip Off Seniors

In this clip, Rachel Maddow takes on the Republican National Committee for their use of Ted Cruz-esque fake fundraising scams, bullying their old and feeble-minded voting base into donating them money by way of

fake mailers that make vague threats about “delinquent bills” and “past due” forms masquerading as bills and other such cheap and petty scams.

It just goes to show how little the Republican Party respects their loyal voters and how cruel and exploitative the Republican establishment truly is. Not only do they consistently wreck the economies and livelihoods of the people they ostensibly represent, they don’t even have the stones to call them and ask for money directly – they’re reduced to cheap tricks more appropriate for a junkie than a political party.

Watch it here:

""There's a special, extra-hot place in Hell for anybody who tries to scam the elderly, let alone scare them, even if it's not for some B.S. political reason.

This is for a B.S. political reason, though.

And this is my opinion, but, I think this is disgusting.

And I think the Republican National Committee should stop doing it.""

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/03/26/watch-rachel-maddow-blows-lid-off-republican-scheme-rip-off-seniors/

DMX7
03-30-2016, 02:20 PM
It might even be illegal.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/overdue-bill-hype-and-fear-cross-the-line/

With Reiman’s permission I forwarded the mailing to the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, the post office’s law-enforcement arm. A spokesman said they had reports of the same mailing from other parts of the country.

The inspection service said by email Friday that it is “currently reviewing the complaint, but no determinations have been made.”

The agency’s website says sending a fundraising appeal disguised as an invoice is illegal.

“Title 39, United States Code, Section 3001, makes it illegal to mail a solicitation in the form of an invoice, bill, or statement of account due unless it conspicuously bears a notice on its face that it is, in fact, merely a solicitation,” the agency’s website says. “This disclaimer must be in very large (at least 30-point) type and must be in boldface capital letters in a color that contrasts prominently with the background against which it appears.”

None of these disclaimers is in the Republican National Committee’s pretend delinquency notice.

Honest Abe would be proud.

Pelicans78
03-30-2016, 02:25 PM
Hillary Clinton is the frontrunner of the Democrat party yet the Repugs are the sleazy ones.

Mitch
03-30-2016, 02:42 PM
Hillary Clinton is the frontrunner of the Democrat party yet the Repugs are the sleazy ones.

We'd be in gitmo for doing the shit Hillary got away with :lol

I hope the FBI comes through and Bern is handed nomination.

TheSanityAnnex
03-30-2016, 02:53 PM

Same here. I'm in the anyone for President but Hillary camp.

A second judge granted discovery into her emails...water is getting hotter.

Pelicans78
03-30-2016, 02:55 PM

I would be ok with Bernie even though I don't agree with some of his economic policy.

boutons_deux
03-30-2016, 02:57 PM
150 FBI people on Hillary's email! :lol

10s if not 100s of people have looked and nobody's found anything yet.

you rightwingnuts love to be duped, lied to.

Benghazi! :lol

And you assholes let slide ALL THE LIES the Repugs told to invade Iraq and destroy Mideast stability.

Hillary's email server! :lol

DarrinS
03-30-2016, 03:10 PM

Grieving parents are liars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MajkpIgD9rQ

Scummy

DMX7
03-30-2016, 03:16 PM
Of all the terrible things she's done, the e-mail "scandal" is the one I couldn't care less about.

TheSanityAnnex
03-30-2016, 03:42 PM
150 FBI people on Hillary's email! :lol

10s if not 100s of people have looked and nobody's found anything yet.

you rightwingnuts love to be duped, lied to.

And you assholes let slide ALL THE LIES the Repugs told to invade Iraq and destroy Mideast stability.

Hillary's email server! :lol

Thinking it was Republican pressure that forced Obama's DOJ and FBI to investigate

boutons_deux
03-30-2016, 03:46 PM
Thinking it was Republican pressure that forced Obama's DOJ and FBI to investigate

yep, Repugs compromise, corrupt everything they touch.

Why pick on Hillary when LOTS of other officials have used private email for official business? :lol

Pelicans78
03-30-2016, 03:46 PM
Hillary is by far the worst candidate on the field, and she's the worst Democratic candidate in almost 30 years since Dukakis in 1988.

All Mighty Janitor
03-31-2016, 03:14 PM
Of all the terrible things she's done, the e-mail "scandal" is the one I couldn't care less about.
^^^ yup.

Spurminator
03-31-2016, 03:19 PM
Hillary is by far the worst candidate on the field, and she's the worst Democratic candidate in almost 30 years since Dukakis in 1988.

I don't remember Dukakis all that well, but John Kerry was pretty terrible. From an electability standpoint, she's got a lot more enthusiasm behind her than Kerry could ever muster.

Shastafarian
03-31-2016, 03:26 PM
I don't remember Dukakis all that well, but John Kerry was pretty terrible. From an electability standpoint, she's got a lot more enthusiasm behind her than Kerry could ever muster.

Do you think she'd have that level of enthusiasm if she were a white man?

Spurminator
03-31-2016, 03:29 PM
Do you think she'd have that level of enthusiasm if she were a white man?

I don't think she would have either the level of enthusiasm or the amount of contempt if that were the case.

baseline bum
03-31-2016, 04:14 PM

Dukakis got raped by Lee Atwater in one of the slimiest elections ever. On a positive note, Atwater was dead three years later.

boutons_deux
03-31-2016, 04:36 PM
Dukakis got raped by Lee Atwater in one of the slimiest elections ever. On a positive note, Atwater was dead three years later.

And he repented for his life of sliminess, dirty tricks, going all the way back to Repug hero Tricky Dick Nixon.

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/01/13/us/gravely-ill-atwater-offers-apology.html

Shastafarian
03-31-2016, 07:49 PM
I don't think she would have either the level of enthusiasm or the amount of contempt if that were the case.

Fair point; which honestly sounds a lot like John Kerry circa 2004.

boutons_deux
04-01-2016, 06:01 AM
Fair point; which honestly sounds a lot like John Kerry circa 2004.

... who would have kicked dubya and dickhead out, if The Great American People hadn't bought the Repug bullshit "don't changed Presidents in (the President's own bogus) war). dubya won by the smallest margin ever for an incumbent Pres.

boutons_deux
04-01-2016, 06:04 AM
The sloppy crusade to destroy Hillary Clinton: Why did Washington Post really run its bogus FBI report?

Earlier this week you might have heard a story floating around the Internet that claimed the FBI has 147 agents working on the investigation into the handling of classified documents on Hillary Clinton’s private email server.

Good Lord and butter,you might have thought. The FBI didn’t have that many agents chasing John Dillinger! They must already have Hillary’s cell ready at Supermax (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_Florence)!

The source of this story was a Washington Post deep dive (https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/how-clintons-email-scandal-took-root/2016/03/27/ee301168-e162-11e5-846c-10191d1fc4ec_story.html) on the server story. After the article was published, the Post had to append a correction that read, in part,

[A]n earlier version of this article reported that 147 FBI agents had been detailed to the investigation, according to a lawmaker briefed by FBI Director James B. Comey. [Emphasis added] Two U.S. law enforcement officials have since told The Washington Post that figure is too high. The FBI will not provide an exact figure, but the officials say the number of FBI personnel involved is fewer than 50.

I wonder which member of the House Select Committee on Benghazi, which first uncovered the email server during its investigation of the 2012 attack on the U.S. consulate in that Libyan city, was the anonymous — and only — source of a claim that made the Democrats’ leading presidential candidate sound like Bonnie Parker with a security clearance?

It would be irresponsible to point fingers, though my suspicions would fall on a lawmaker whose name rhymes with Grey Towdy, and who has been accused in the past of leaking made-up garbage (https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2015/07/06/trey-gowdy-pushes-back-on-allegations-about-politico-leak/) to the press to make Clinton look bad.

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/01/the_sloppy_crusade_to_destroy_hillary_clinton_why_ did_washington_post_really_run_its_bogus_fbi_repor t/

Spurminator
04-01-2016, 12:08 PM
... who would have kicked dubya and dickhead out, if The Great American People hadn't bought the Repug bullshit "don't changed Presidents in (the President's own bogus) war). dubya won by the smallest margin ever for an incumbent Pres.

The Kerry campaign made his campaign about Bush and not about Kerry. It's on them. Bush was still riding pretty good public opinion in the aftermath of 9/11 and the start of the war, but the vocal majority of Democrats seemed to think hysteria over Bush/Cheney would win over a moderate voting public.

DMX7
04-01-2016, 12:19 PM
The Kerry campaign made his campaign about Bush and not about Kerry. It's on them. Bush was still riding pretty good public opinion in the aftermath of 9/11 and the start of the war, but the vocal majority of Democrats seemed to think hysteria over Bush/Cheney would win over a moderate voting public.

Kerry also got slimed by the Swiftboaters and that hurt him badly.

Spurminator
04-01-2016, 12:29 PM

Yeah it was a classic case of neither candidate being able to run on their own record.

boutons_deux
04-01-2016, 12:33 PM
Yeah it was a classic case of neither candidate being able to run on their own record.

DMX7
04-01-2016, 12:35 PM

Lies against both candidates' backgrounds aside, Kerry actually had an admirable record to run on whereas GWB did not. Kerry served in the military admirably and GWB totally dodged any action.

spurraider21
04-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Lies against both candidates' backgrounds aside, Kerry actually had an admirable record to run on whereas GWB did not. Kerry served in the military admirably and GWB totally dodged any action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Q-sRdV7SY

RandomGuy
04-01-2016, 01:23 PM

(shrugs)

May be. It takes the modern GOP to find someone that she could beat easily. Several actually.

boutons_deux
04-01-2016, 01:23 PM

no lies were used against dubya. Dan Rather was right, dubya did not complete his TX Air national card, he was a deserter, behind the privilege of his father's name.