PDA

View Full Version : Celtics, Blazers, Wolves, Spurs, Grizzlies. In that order.

Spurtacular
03-30-2016, 10:52 PM
Five albatrosses, in that order, stand in the way of an unprecedented perfect home record.

Who do the Warriors lose to?

100%duncan
03-30-2016, 10:52 PM
No one.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-30-2016, 11:06 PM
Wolves are in tank mode and Grizzlies have been taken to the abattoir with injuries.

Spurs will likely rest that one and pick up the Nuggets win the next night since it's a B&B there.

Celtics are a Leastern team, albeit with a chip on their shoulder from that triple-OT game early in the season. Also, they're fighting the Heatles for the 3rd seed out Least at the moment. Might be interesting.

Blazers probably will keep it close for awhile, but Warriors will win that.

I think the Celtics pose the biggest threat, but Warriors will persevere imo.

soxxx
03-30-2016, 11:12 PM
Hopefully no one. Let them win 73+, like Francesa said, it would be one of the most colossal failures in Sports history if they win 73+ and dont win the finals.

Should they be resting right now? who knows but it will surely be second-guessed if they falter in the playoffs. Ask the 2001 Mariners or 2007 Patriots if they are satisfied with the result of their season.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-30-2016, 11:20 PM
Hopefully no one. Let them win 73+, like Francesa said, it would be one of the most colossal failures in Sports history if they win 73+ and dont win the finals.

Should they be resting right now? who knows but it will surely be second-guessed if they falter in the playoffs. Ask the 2001 Mariners or 2007 Patriots if they are satisfied with the result of their season.
As long as they rest and lose the @ SA game

Spurs 4 The Win
03-30-2016, 11:30 PM

This, the pressure level will multiply 100 fold if they get the regular season record and we get up on them in a series. They will start to meltdown under that pressure. They arent used to losing, they dont have a quarter of the playoff experience as the Spurs. If we can steal one at Oracle and hold serve in Game 3, the series could be over before it started.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-30-2016, 11:39 PM
This, the pressure level will multiply 100 fold if they get the regular season record and we get up on them in a series. They will start to meltdown under that pressure. They arent used to losing, they dont have a quarter of the playoff experience as the Spurs. If we can steal one at Oracle and hold serve in Game 3, the series could be over before it started.
that's what we thought in the 2013 Finals when we won in a blowout in game 3, amirite?

The great teams win that road game 4 to tie the series.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-30-2016, 11:43 PM
that's what we thought in the 2013 Finals when we won in a blowout in game 3, amirite?

The great teams win that road game 4 to tie the series.

That isnt what i thought :lol Plus it was a different format back then, had we not had the 2-3-2 format, that series wouldve been Spurs in 6

Horry Hipcheck
03-31-2016, 04:32 AM
That isnt what i thought :lol Plus it was a different format back then, had we not had the 2-3-2 format, that series wouldve been Spurs in 6

There's nothing remotely automatic about the prospect of winning Game 5 in Miami in a 2-2 series.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-31-2016, 04:35 AM
There's nothing remotely automatic about the prospect of winning Game 5 in Miami in a 2-2 series.

Im assuming that without the championship on the line we actually hit our free throws at the end of the game and then we take game 6 at home.

jermaine
03-31-2016, 05:02 AM

That would kill their teams vibe for the following 2 seasons. You'll really get to see who they are an what kinda coach they have..

Chinook
03-31-2016, 08:27 AM
The Jazz game underscores what I was saying about the benefit of being GS in a close match. Lesser teams get the Warriors down, but they always manage to bullshit their way to victory. They found themselves in the same position against the Spurs, and SA just put their foot on the Warriors' throats and took them out. It's not a game GS can just write off like they can with blow-outs. I know they keep trying to, but it's clear that the Spurs are a team the Warriors fear, because if they can't blow them out, they aren't going to win.

NameLess Scrub
03-31-2016, 09:00 AM
No one will beat the Warriors. Curry will do what Curry does.

The best thing for us I guess is that teams keep putting pressure on them while they keep working hard on breaking the record.
That way they might be more worn down in the playoffs.

soxxx
03-31-2016, 11:03 AM
The pressure on the Warriors will be off the charts, because right now, they are as locked as locked can get for winning the finals. You have to love it, they havent seen this pressure yet, perhaps last year when they were down 2-1 to the Cavs they did, but the Cavs were hobbled and injured.

houston spurs fan
03-31-2016, 11:06 AM
The pressure on the Warriors will be off the charts, because right now, they are as locked as locked can get for winning the finals. You have to love it, they havent seen this pressure yet, perhaps last year when they were down 2-1 to the Cavs they did, but the Cavs were hobbled and injured.
That's exactly where Pop wants them. Let them get the record, roll through the 1st 2 rounds. Kawhi and the boys will be ready...

Spurtacular
04-04-2016, 01:35 AM
It was the C's. Blazers were crap. Wolves will be crap as well.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-04-2016, 12:31 PM
It was the C's. Blazers were crap. Wolves will be crap as well.
Will the Spurs be crap?

lebomb
04-04-2016, 12:34 PM
I'm going with the Celtics.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-04-2016, 01:42 PM
I'm going with the Celtics.
Anilingus :downspin:

Spurtacular
04-04-2016, 02:03 PM
Will the Spurs be crap?

Most likely. They'll be resting everyone. I guess hold out hope that the scrubs play great or that the team wants to send a message and f with their record; but that doesn't seem to be conventional thinking at this point. In any event, a win will be hard to come by.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-04-2016, 02:06 PM
Most likely. They'll be resting everyone. I guess hold out hope that the scrubs play great or that the team wants to send a message and f with their record; but that doesn't seem to be conventional thinking at this point. In any event, a win will be hard to come by.
As long as we get the one in SA. Punting the one there won't kill me thanks to the Celtics.

Spurtacular
04-04-2016, 02:12 PM
As long as we get the one in SA. Punting the one there won't kill me thanks to the Celtics.

That game is for 41-0 imo; the game vs. the Monta-less Mavs should be a formality unless Mavs are playing for a s six seed or something.

spursistan
04-04-2016, 02:16 PM
i think players will lobby Pop to take the home game seriously..by then Iggy will be back (Ezeli already is), and given the stakes, it will probably be something like preview of playoff series and most indicative measure of this match-up out of the four they would have played in regular season..i will take a loss as long as it is not demoralizing blowout..

Kikoluna
04-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Mavs Is not automatic. Historically they give us good battles.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-04-2016, 07:01 PM
meh, we beat them by like 30 in their arena without the big 3 last time

Spurtacular
04-04-2016, 10:05 PM

Historically, yes. But if Dirk doesn't go for 30 or 40 on a lights out night, I think we're probably fine. No Monta to kill us. It's good we have the Pacers in the rearview :lmao:

DrunkTXLabrat
04-05-2016, 12:06 AM
wolves

UNT Eagles 2016
04-06-2016, 12:35 AM
Don't worry, Dublets. The mighty Wolves are just too good.

Spurtacular
04-06-2016, 01:44 AM
Dubs melting, tbh.

100%duncan
04-06-2016, 01:55 AM
Good thread bro

Horry Hipcheck
04-06-2016, 02:00 AM
That game is for 41-0 imo; the game vs. the Monta-less Mavs should be a formality unless Mavs are playing for a s six seed or something.

Mavs is in Dallas, GS and OKC are what stand between the Spurs and 41-0.

DrunkTXLabrat
04-06-2016, 02:31 AM
wolves

Spurtacular
04-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Dang. Spurs would've been more fun if the Warriors streak was still going. I think they would've played for pride. We'll never know for sure.