PDA

View Full Version : Could the Dubs be heading for a Spur's like 2011-2012 season ending collapse?

$pursDynasty
03-31-2016, 10:01 AM
I was watching the Dubs eek out a win against the Jazz last night, they have been pushing hard all this season and though they are young this has to put a strain on them. They are cocky and want the notoriety associated with breaking the Bulls record but could this hubris lead them to a collapse like the Spurs suffered in 2011-12? The season the Spurs won the last 10 games of the regular season as well as the first 10 on the post season only to lose 4 games in a row. That is my dream scenario this season with the Spurs playing the role of the Thunderrefs that season with one small exception, that we go on and win the :lobt2:afterwards. I was called out how unimportant regular season wins and records are (sans a title) in another thread and I must admit that is correct because the 2011-2012 season brings me no joy now but at the time, the idea of winning 6 more games and sweeping the playoffs had me giddy as f and if we would have pulled it off I would be still talking about how incredible that team was forever.

Mr. Body
03-31-2016, 10:03 AM
Well, hopefully. But I dunno. They've won crazy games they shouldn't have all year, and every jump shooting team has fallen off at some point in NBA history, but they've shown absolutely no signs of slowing down. Sure, their defense is better than most teams like theirs, but they are absolutely freakish in terms of keeping this shooting up.

cutewizard
03-31-2016, 12:26 PM
law of averages..............

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-31-2016, 12:28 PM
Iguodala means a lot more to GSW than people think. Once he's back, they'll get back to beating teams like Utah by 12-15.

timtonymanu
03-31-2016, 12:29 PM
Iguodala means a lot more to GSW than people think. Once he's back, they'll get back to beating teams like Utah by 12-15.

This

Cry Havoc
03-31-2016, 12:47 PM
Spurs collapsed that season due to being unhealthy. NO one was 100% going into the playoffs.

The Dubs are pretty healthy and coasting to a 1st seed.

If this were last year where the West was loaded, this might have some merit to discuss, but as it stands the Warriors are going to get 4-5 playoff games in the first around as a "tune-up", and that should be all they need to get back to dominance.

$pursDynasty
03-31-2016, 12:52 PM
Spurs collapsed that season due to being unhealthy. NO one was 100% going into the playoffs.

If this were last year where the West was loaded, this might have some merit to discuss, but as it stands the Warriors are going to get 4-5 playoff games in the first around as a "tune-up", and that should be all they need to get back to dominance.
Cry I agree with this, the West is very top heavy so no matter how tired you may be, you will have time to get right in the first round.

Budkin
03-31-2016, 01:24 PM
The reality is that barring an unforeseen injury it's going to be very very difficult for anyone to knock out the Warriors.

tbdog
03-31-2016, 01:29 PM
Our game 2 with them sorta disagrees. I still feel like we are favourites. And when they get the regular season record, and when things get tough, pressure can amount to a lot. But they do look they are fatiguing out there. They have been pushing for the record since their hot start.

lil'mo
03-31-2016, 01:35 PM
Yes. Warriors are screwing themselves fighting so hard for the record. Clippers with Blake back will be a very tough 2nd round opponent and given the Warriors tired legs after a long season last year and then trying to win every single game this year I expect round 2 to go 7 games. Spurs should get a pretty exhausted warriors team in the conference Finals which in my opinion, really levels the playing field between the two teams.

RD2191
03-31-2016, 01:36 PM
What scares me about a matchup with the dubs is the spurs getting worn-out and not having anything left for the finals. Meanwhile le bronze cruises to the finals per usual.

SinceWeDraftedDROB
03-31-2016, 01:46 PM
Meanwhile le bronze cruises to the finals per usual.

I don't think cavs will be cruising. Toronto will be heard from.

Sean Cagney
03-31-2016, 01:53 PM
The reality is that barring an unforeseen injury it's going to be very very difficult for anyone to knock out the Warriors.

Truth.
I don't think cavs will be cruising. Toronto will be heard from.

IMHO the Heat can give the Cavs hell too if they meet.

daslicer
03-31-2016, 01:55 PM
The Warriors to me are like 80's and early 90's Mike Tyson. Tyson relied heavily on his knockout punches to win fights and the Warriors knock out punch is the 3 point shot. When Tyson could not knock out an opponent that's when he fell apart and lost fights. I feel the Warriors are the same way in this department if you take away there 3 point shooting they will wilt and fall apart. Granted this will be hard to do but I do believe the Spurs can do it.

NameLess Scrub
03-31-2016, 01:57 PM
I wish.. I wish they would get tired for being greedy with the record and the Spurs got them.
Huge story and would improve the Spurs legend.

About the east, as much as I'd like to think there's a team that can beat the Cavs, I doubt it.
Every year some team seems to have a chance to beat Lebron, then come playoff time it's another story.

tmtcsc
03-31-2016, 02:02 PM
I hope not. I want the Spurs to kick their fully-healthy asses in the WCF and finish them in Oakland. - Preferably in 5.

itzsoweezee
03-31-2016, 02:31 PM
No. But on the bright side, the coaching staff has had their opponent identified for months. So, no matter what, the spurs will at least have some plan about what they want to do. It reminds me of 2013 and the first matchup against the heat. Popovich had that series gameplanned almost to perfection.

Old School 44
03-31-2016, 02:32 PM
The Warriors have been winning, but they haven't been playing too well lately. I can see it happening. I just hope the Spurs are the team to do it. As a fan of the game, I can't wait until the start of the playoffs. If the seedings hold, which I think they will, it's going to be a fantastic Western Conference Final Four.

houston spurs fan
03-31-2016, 02:47 PM
We got this. Nobody matches up better with them than we do. Spurs in 6. Kawhi wants to be in MVP discussions with Curry and LeBron, this is when he has to show up and take it from them...

houston spurs fan
03-31-2016, 02:50 PM
They are a beauitiful race car that is going to run out of gas, the Spurs are a hurricane gradually building until we make landfall and destroy them. By the way, cannot wait until we expose Draymond Green for being the most overrated player in the league...

KL2
03-31-2016, 03:46 PM
Been saying they're in danger of fatigue and injuries, tired legs will affect their 3pt shooting, all it takes is a few of their role players to be off and the Spurs can beat them.

Post all star break their 3pt shooters have fallen off quite a bit:
-Green is down from 42% to just 31%
-Barnes is down from 39% to 30%
-Iguodala started off the year shooting around 40%, his % started to decline as the year went on, currently 38%
-Rush 45% down to just 30%
-Barbosa 36% to 28%

Make no doubt about it, GS is slowing down.

cjw
03-31-2016, 03:53 PM
GS has been pretty consistent throughout the year (11.2 netRtg in first 41 games, 10.9 since) and its' W-L record is about the same. Defense has fallen off for GS by 2.4 points, but offense has improved. Spurs have actually fallen off more (14.8 down to 9.6, but still 12.5 vs. 11.0 through season). Defense is about 6.2 points worse, while offense is only a point better.

ORtg
DRtg
NetRtg

W
L

GSW 1st half

GSW 2nd half

GSW total

SAS 1st half

SAS 2nd half

SAS total

Is this because the Warriors are going full throttle towards 73 wins with little regard for rest? We know they're 25-2 now in games within 5 points inside of three minutes (which is a higher winning % than their overall record - totally unsustainable). And is the Spurs' dropoff because of rest / injury?

Appears that way - Kawhi's share of total possible minutes has fallen from 64.9% to 53.8% from Oct-Jan to Feb-Mar. Duncan is down from 42.6% to 32.5%, and Ginobili is down from 35.7% to 18.4% (injury). LMA is up from 56.0% to 62.6%, but in total, minutes going to the core playoff rotation is down from 83.6% to 77.1% from Oct-Jan to Feb-Mar (starters + Mills + Diaw + West + Manu). That probably explains the drop-off.

The Warriors? Draymond's minutes are up (69.2% to 73.1%), Curry's are up (66.8% to 68.6%), Thompson's are up (64.7% to 69.9%), Livingston's are flat, while Barnes and Iggy - injuries in front half and second half respectively - are down slightly by about 1.5% combined. In aggregate, their core players' minutes haven't moved much if you include Ezeli who's been injured the entire second half.

tl;dr version: Spurs have been coasting in the second half (plus more difficult schedule), while Warriors have been pressing. Their main guys are all eating up significant minutes ... 33 to 35 per night assuming no rest ...

GSH
03-31-2016, 04:45 PM

DeJuan, Tiago, Bonner. As much as anything, that's what killed the Spurs in that series. Tiago wasn't 100% (not even close), DeJuan was too busy pouting, and Bonner was Bonner. Ibaka and Perkins were just too big in the middle, and Collison gave them just enough big off the bench. Sad as it is, I think that swapping DeJuan and Collison would have made games 4 and 5 come out the other way. By game 6, the Spurs were just worn down. (Danny Green going blind didn't help - I think he shot .300 from the 3P line in the series? But the series was lost in the low blocks, IMO.)

Barring injury, I don't see GSW collapsing. I'm hoping that the refs will "let them play" like they usually do in the playoffs, and the Warriors will have to deal with a lot more physical play than they are used to. The Spurs of old used to "ugly up" games, and find a way to pull it out at the end. They can't do that if the refs are calling touch fouls in the playoffs. But if the games are called like playoff games, there's a chance of throwing the GSW shooters out of rhythm. I still think that's the best shot at derailing them.

But, no... no collapse.

Benoit
03-31-2016, 04:46 PM
the Spurs have yet to have an impressive W this season which is unreal considering their great record

cjw
03-31-2016, 05:08 PM
the Spurs have yet to have an impressive W this season which is unreal considering their great record

The Warriors didn't have an impressive win all of last postseason which is unreal considering their title

Spurs9
03-31-2016, 05:12 PM
http://s15.postimg.org/5wndfgsl7/Screen_Shot_2016_03_22_at_3_38_10_PM.png

Baseline21
03-31-2016, 05:52 PM
I'm trying to figure out who dubs beat in playoffs. Delly took out steph in the first 2 games. Parker in his prime would've destroyed him. Like he did to the cavs in 2007.

Timothy21
03-31-2016, 06:03 PM

ahahahah
what a stupid clown

TD 21
03-31-2016, 06:22 PM
Not to that extent, but at some point, even though it seems like it'll never happen, their late game luck has to at least somewhat regress to the mean.

To illustrate just how lucky they've been, their expected record is a whopping eight games worse than their actual one. The Spurs, for example, have the same expected as actual.

coachmac87
03-31-2016, 06:31 PM
O
Not to that extent, but at some point, even though it seems like it'll never happen, their late game luck has to at least somewhat regress to the mean.

To illustrate just how lucky they've been, their expected record is a whopping eight games worse than their actual one. The Spurs, for example, have the same expected as actual.

Could you elaborate more on that?

Dex
03-31-2016, 06:35 PM
Anything less than a championship will probably be viewed as an epic collapse at this point, tbh.

Considering the state of the East, Spurs or maybe Thunder are the only real challenge they will face, barring unforeseen circumstances.

TD 21
03-31-2016, 06:40 PM
O

Could you elaborate more on that?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/glossary.html#wins_pyth

It's under W Pyth.

This factors into the expected record, but they're 6-0 in overtime.

MultiTroll
03-31-2016, 06:55 PM
No.
1. ThunderRef was a key in that series. Remember mega clutch SJackson knocking down a trey and getting wrung up for turning around and looking at the Thunderfag bench?
2016 NBA marketing with Stern Jr. has ordered favoritism or at the very worst even reffing for Warriors.

2. Steve Kerr is not going to play Matt Bonner more minutes (54) then he did an all season starter that led to the #1 seed (Prime Dejuan Blair before knees) and Tiago Splitts. And watch as Bonner shoots .167 along with his signature D and rebounding skills.

Brian Windhorst
03-31-2016, 06:58 PM
No but if they play the Jazz in R1 they could be in for a tougher series than people expect. Utah should've beat them a couple times this season.

Chris
03-31-2016, 07:12 PM
1st round exit to the Blazers would be outstanding.

Sec24Row7
03-31-2016, 07:15 PM
Hilarious justice would be if the Mavs knocked them off in the first round.

Kikoluna
03-31-2016, 07:26 PM

Este vato, what do you call that beating on mouthpiece guy and never closes his mouth guy

Hoops Czar
03-31-2016, 07:34 PM
Been saying they're in danger of fatigue and injuries, tired legs will affect their 3pt shooting, all it takes is a few of their role players to be off and the Spurs can beat them.

Post all star break their 3pt shooters have fallen off quite a bit:
-Green is down from 42% to just 31%
-Barnes is down from 39% to 30%
-Iguodala started off the year shooting around 40%, his % started to decline as the year went on, currently 38%
-Rush 45% down to just 30%
-Barbosa 36% to 28%

Make no doubt about it, GS is slowing down.

Spurs have slowed down quite a bit too. :lol I don't know why these excuses keep popping up. The NBA regular season is a grind. It's tough to stay up for every game on the schedule especially when your the superior team. It's funny because the Spurs have finished RS's like this before and this forum always had an excuse lined up and ready to go.... Bored and coasting.

Hoops Czar
03-31-2016, 07:35 PM
No but if they play the Jazz in R1 they could be in for a tougher series than people expect. Utah should've beat them a couple times this season.

Warriors would win in 4.

steeledl
03-31-2016, 07:37 PM
Lol no. They are one of the greatest teams in NBA history.

steeledl
03-31-2016, 07:40 PM
They will sweep first round, sweep or lost 1 in the second so they will get plenty of rest. Spurs need to stay focused and do the same so they can be rested for that series but more than likely we will have a 6 or 7 game series in the second round.

Brian Windhorst
03-31-2016, 07:41 PM
Warriors would win in 4.

Cool thanks.

random21
03-31-2016, 07:54 PM
It definitely could happen... Relying on jump shots when the pressure gets tighter isn't going to post the best percentages....

Hoops Czar
03-31-2016, 07:57 PM
It definitely could happen... Relying on jump shots when the pressure gets tighter isn't going to post the best percentages....

90% of the Spurs offense is the mid range J.:lol

Spurtacular
03-31-2016, 08:37 PM
I was watching the Dubs eek out a win against the Jazz last night, they have been pushing hard all this season and though they are young this has to put a strain on them. They are cocky and want the notoriety associated with breaking the Bulls record but could this hubris lead them to a collapse like the Spurs suffered in 2011-12? The season the Spurs won the last 10 games of the regular season as well as the first 10 on the post season only to lose 4 games in a row. That is my dream scenario this season with the Spurs playing the role of the Thunderrefs that season with one small exception, that we go on and win the :lobt2:afterwards. I was called out how unimportant regular season wins and records are (sans a title) in another thread and I must admit that is correct because the 2011-2012 season brings me no joy now but at the time, the idea of winning 6 more games and sweeping the playoffs had me giddy as f and if we would have pulled it off I would be still talking about how incredible that team was forever.

One big difference: Refs were cheating for the Thunderrefs and will be cheating for the Warrefs, not the Spurs.

Spurtacular
03-31-2016, 08:39 PM
Warriors would win in 4.

Depth of series will depend on if Jazz can steal one of first two games in Oracle. They won't have any urgency/belief w/o it.

Sean Cagney
03-31-2016, 09:54 PM
1st round exit to the Blazers would be outstanding.

Won't happen but I agree.

Proxy
03-31-2016, 09:58 PM
"Spurs make history where it counts, advance to 7th Finals appearance over historic 73-win Warriors. Rematch with Lebron"

that'd be a nice thing to read

Cry Havoc
04-01-2016, 11:58 AM
One big difference: Refs were cheating for the Thunderrefs and will be cheating for the Warrefs, not the Spurs.

Other than the illegal screens issue, which is not unique to the Warriors, the refs don't really go out of their way to help them. Curry got 50 points earlier this season with ONE free throw. Now, if they were in their back pocket, don't you think he could have gone to the line 5-10 times at various stages of the game without anyone batting an eye?

Spurtacular
04-01-2016, 12:16 PM
Other than the illegal screens issue, which is not unique to the Warriors, the refs don't really go out of their way to help them. Curry got 50 points earlier this season with ONE free throw. Now, if they were in their back pocket, don't you think he could have gone to the line 5-10 times at various stages of the game without anyone batting an eye?

I think FTAs is often an over calibrated stat when measuring cheating; but if you want to zoom in on that, Curry is averaging a career high FTAs. He's up a full attempt from last year. This article, which is old, talks about Curry improving his lay-ups while completely ignoring that he was only get to the line 1.8 times a game at one point: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/curryst01.html

Sure, Curry has improved for what it's worth; and FTAs will follow. And my contention isn't really that Curry is getting a ton of sweetheart calls; though it surely has increased. So, I suppose I revert back to the systematic cheating; the Warriors screening has been quite bad; maybe the worst I've seen; it surpasses the previous Heat teams. Some contend that the 08-12 C's were as bad; but even then, the refs were routinely calling four or five illegal screens a game against them to try and keep them honest. The refs called ONE illegal screen and Kerr had a tirade in that last Spurs game. Now, that game was different though; for some reason, the Warriors were not doing their moving screens; I think they were intentionally avoiding the narrative that they cheat before the playoffs start.

Horse
04-01-2016, 12:31 PM

Only if the refs completley rape them.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-01-2016, 12:35 PM
The game a couple of weeks ago shows the Spurs can beat them. Enjoy the ride folks. Either the Spurs lose out to a historically good Warriors team this year (nothing to be upset about), or they slay said team and add to the legend.

Horse
04-01-2016, 12:39 PM

With a fastbreaking turnover dependent defense like GS the fouls they don't call hurt more.

Cry Havoc
04-01-2016, 12:52 PM
I think FTAs is often an over calibrated stat when measuring cheating; but if you want to zoom in on that, Curry is averaging a career high FTAs. He's up a full attempt from last year. This article, which is old, talks about Curry improving his lay-ups while completely ignoring that he was only get to the line 1.8 times a game at one point: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/curryst01.html

Sure, Curry has improved for what it's worth; and FTAs will follow. And my contention isn't really that Curry is getting a ton of sweetheart calls; though it surely has increased. So, I suppose I revert back to the systematic cheating; the Warriors screening has been quite bad; maybe the worst I've seen; it surpasses the previous Heat teams. Some contend that the 08-12 C's were as bad; but even then, the refs were routinely calling four or five illegal screens a game against them to try and keep them honest. The refs called ONE illegal screen and Kerr had a tirade in that last Spurs game. Now, that game was different though; for some reason, the Warriors were not doing their moving screens; I think they were intentionally avoiding the narrative that they cheat before the playoffs start.

But the Warriors aren't even close to the only team that sets illegal screens. They just take advantage of the fact that they're never called. That's not favoritism -- no team gets routinely rung up for screens in today's NBA. Green is probably the worst offender, but he is far from the only one doing it. Even the Spurs set a lot of very questionable screens.

As for the free throws, Steph Curry is the leading scorer in the league and is 26th in free throws taken. 5.2 FTA for a 30ppg scorer is pretty damn low even if a lot of his shots are jumpers. He still handles the ball and has a high usage rage when he's on the court. Durant is also a jumpshooter and takes almost 2 FTA more per game than Steph despite scoring 28 PPG vs. 30. The Dubs could EASILY have more free throws allocated to them each game if the refs wanted to favor them.

Golden State as a team, despite having the best offense in the league, is 19th in FTA.

With a fastbreaking turnover dependent defense like GS the fouls they don't call hurt more.

You mean putting two of the three best shooters in the league would hurt the Dubs? Really? Giving a dominant team like the Warriors free points would make them nearly unbeatable.

I do find it interesting though, the simultaneous contention the the Warriors get too many calls, and the statement that calls actively hurt them. You guys are arguing both sides of the fence here. :lol

Spurtacular
04-01-2016, 04:02 PM
But the Warriors aren't even close to the only team that sets illegal screens. They just take advantage of the fact that they're never called. That's not favoritism -- no team gets routinely rung up for screens in today's NBA. Green is probably the worst offender, but he is far from the only one doing it. Even the Spurs set a lot of very questionable screens.

As for the free throws, Steph Curry is the leading scorer in the league and is 26th in free throws taken. 5.2 FTA for a 30ppg scorer is pretty damn low even if a lot of his shots are jumpers. He still handles the ball and has a high usage rage when he's on the court. Durant is also a jumpshooter and takes almost 2 FTA more per game than Steph despite scoring 28 PPG vs. 30. The Dubs could EASILY have more free throws allocated to them each game if the refs wanted to favor them.

Golden State as a team, despite having the best offense in the league, is 19th in FTA.

You mean putting two of the three best shooters in the league would hurt the Dubs? Really? Giving a dominant team like the Warriors free points would make them nearly unbeatable.

I do find it interesting though, the simultaneous contention the the Warriors get too many calls, and the statement that calls actively hurt them. You guys are arguing both sides of the fence here. :lol

Nobody is getting away with the blatant level of illegal screens the Warriors are doing; hand checking and holding; blocking like an o-linesman would do (it is that bad). I don't know if you just haven't been paying attention to that development or not....

I don't think Curry's FTAs are low at all. What's the point of fouling a guy who is automatic from the line? Just play as good of defense as you can without fouling. If anything, 5.2 FTAs is pretty damn high.

It's no surprise the Dubs are 19th in FTAs. Frankly, they're that high cos of the cheating. They are a three shooting team. How would a three shooting team get a ton of FTAs?

GSH
04-01-2016, 04:21 PM
Nobody is getting away with the blatant level of illegal screens the Warriors are doing; hand checking and holding; blocking like an o-linesman would do (it is that bad)

That's a decision by the league about how to call games. It happens to benefit the Warriors more than most, because they have guys who only need a crack of daylight to light up the cords. The prevalence of moving screens changes the game, and it was one of the reasons I got burned out on watching NBA games. The league made a commitment to start calling that more, and they did for a while. But things have fallen back to the way they were before the "crackdown". If they continue to call games this way in the playoffs then, yes, it is an advantage for the Warriors.

The refs have always called a LOT of touch fouls in favor of Durant, Westbrook, and Hardin (and a few others, of course) during the regular season. But you notice how many rings those three guys have between them. That's partly because, come playoff time, the game gets called differently. And their games depend heavily on lots of trips to the line, and getting their defenders in foul trouble. I'm hoping that there will be a shift in the officiating in the playoffs this year, too. If they allow normal playoff contact, and crack down just a bit on the moving screens, it will be a huge equalizer, and I wouldn't say GS has any advantage over the Spurs in the WCF.

But the Warriors aren't even close to the only team that sets illegal screens. They just take advantage of the fact that they're never called. That's not favoritism -- no team gets routinely rung up for screens in today's NBA.

As for the free throws, Steph Curry is the leading scorer in the league and is 26th in free throws taken.

Damn, I didn't take time to read your comment just above. I could have just gone with "what he said". :toast

Chinook
04-01-2016, 04:42 PM

I took Horse's comment to mean that the Warriors get so many easy points due to their defenders being allowed to foul to cause turnovers. From the eye test, I do think they get away with a ton of contact in the post. Not only would calling those fouls increase their opponents' efficiency, but it would cut down on the Warriors' buckets.

Calls in the post is extremely relative to the players and refs. And in the playoffs, it's likely that the refs continue to swallow the whistle. It's a huge factor in a Spurs/Dubs match-up, as the refs letting GS get fastbreak points off them fouling Spurs' post-players will kill any chance SA has at winning the series.

Cry Havoc
04-01-2016, 05:25 PM
I don't think Curry's FTAs are low at all. What's the point of fouling a guy who is automatic from the line? Just play as good of defense as you can without fouling. If anything, 5.2 FTAs is pretty damn high.

So... fouling is always an intentional act? James Harden shoots extremely well from the line and leads the league in FTAs. Why would teams foul him but not Curry? Harden shoots almost 2x the FTA as Curry, but Curry's FTA is high to you?

Spurtacular
04-01-2016, 05:53 PM
So... fouling is always an intentional act? James Harden shoots extremely well from the line and leads the league in FTAs. Why would teams foul him but not Curry? Harden shoots almost 2x the FTA as Curry, but Curry's FTA is high to you?

Yes, players often foul to prevent giving up easy points. Sometimes, they get away with the fouls or otherwise figure that giving up 0 or 1 points can be better than 2. Of course, certain guys who shoot 80 plus from the line are not fouled nearly as much in this manner b/c it would be pointless.

James Harden has moves predicated on drawing fouls. His mid range game is so good and on the dribble that he's automatic almost when getting clear looks, and players have to close the gap fast. A quick pause or whatever to get the player moving to the space and he sells it. And he has the body to bide his time while he does this. That is not at all Curry's game.

Cry Havoc
04-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Yes, players often foul to prevent giving up easy points. Sometimes, they get away with the fouls or otherwise figure that giving up 0 or 1 points can be better than 2. Of course, certain guys who shoot 80 plus from the line are not fouled nearly as much in this manner b/c it would be pointless.

James Harden has moves predicated on drawing fouls. His mid range game is so good and on the dribble that he's automatic almost when getting clear looks, and players have to close the gap fast. A quick pause or whatever to get the player moving to the space and he sells it. And he has the body to bide his time while he does this. That is not at all Curry's game.

Louis Williams is averaging more FTA than Steph Curry this season.

Spurtacular
04-01-2016, 06:58 PM
Louis Williams is averaging more FTA than Steph Curry this season.

LW is getting double the FTAs of Kobe in the same minutes.

random21
04-01-2016, 07:38 PM
90% of the Spurs offense is the mid range J.:lol

Yes and how many 3's are attempted by the Spurs by per game? How many 3's are attempted by the dubs? Like a 6-7 foot difference and that takes its toll... Are you an incest creation from Ohio?

Kawhitstorm
04-01-2016, 08:34 PM

Spurs are a throwback grind it out team that blows out teams b/c their suffocating defense. The Spurs held the Worriers to their lowest point totals of the season w/ their Big 3 intact & OKC to their lowest point total of the season w/ their two man crew in the lineup.

Holla at me when the Worriers hold any elite team to their lowest point total of the season.:wakeup

Spurs9
04-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Boston will beat them tonight

kobyz
04-01-2016, 09:31 PM
First, you keep underrate them, they have the perfect competitevness, toughness and winning mentality, their coach is not soft or naive at all... Second, can the nba let them not winning it this year?

kobyz
04-01-2016, 09:39 PM
They winning every close game cause they have so much deterrence...

04-01-2016, 10:27 PM
I'm not sure the Spurs could beat them in the WCF if SA's second round series with the Thunder goes the full 7.

Also, considering all of the energy Kawhi and Danny may have to exert on the defensive end, they may not have the legs to hit their shots.

look_at_g_shred
04-01-2016, 10:30 PM
That Avery Bradley D tho :wow

hater
04-01-2016, 10:41 PM
Boston will beat them tonight

I already called this this morning dude.

Boston has tough young brothas that can easily keep up with Eliancito and Klhompson

hater
04-01-2016, 10:42 PM
I'm not sure the Spurs could beat them in the WCF if SA's second round series with the Thunder goes the full 7.

Also, considering all of the energy Kawhi and Danny may have to exert on the defensive end, they may not have the legs to hit their shots.

Um, they will be well rested especially after a likely 1st round sweep.

r0drig0lac
04-01-2016, 10:44 PM
That Avery Bradley D tho :wow

first team all-defense

sexinthatsx
04-01-2016, 11:01 PM
If Warriors meet the Mavs in the first round, Zaza Pachulia would be the key to beating the Warriors

Spurs9
04-01-2016, 11:04 PM
I already called this this morning dude.

Boston has tough young brothas that can easily keep up with Eliancito and Klhompson

Didnt see it tbh

TD 21
04-02-2016, 05:46 PM

Hopefully this is a sign that it's setting in. Three late, key plays, that would normally break their way didn't last night (Green bobbling the pass from Curry that led to a turnover, Curry missing the wide open, feet set three and Curry narrowly failing to steal the errant pass). These are the exact kings of fluky, random things, that decides tons of close games in this league, yet almost never seem to go against them. They're due for plenty more to.

Benoit
04-07-2016, 11:35 PM
hahahahahaha

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Harry Callahan
04-08-2016, 07:58 AM
Shine my shoes troll. You better whistle if you want a tip.