PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Tickets for someone is California

KoNGo
03-31-2016, 01:00 PM
Hey guys,

I am trying to buy playoff tickets for Game 2. I live in Oakland, CA, but I have been a Spurs fan for like 24 years. I haven't posted much here, but I'm a regular reader of 48minutesofHell and Pounding the Rock, etc.

This would be my first Spurs home game ever. I'm always the only non-Warriors fan among my friends out here. I've never been to San Antonio, let alone a game. I feel like I need to go once before TD/Manu retire.

However, as a fan club member, I got early access to buy tickets from Spurs.com, but when I checked out, it was only available to people who had billing addresses for the credit card with 75 miles of San Antonio. :depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed

BTW, the only tickets available were the cheapies, for like $60 a pop. I need 3 seats next to each other.

I would gladly Venmo or Paypal someone to buy the tickets for me, but a) I don't know anyone who could do that and b) posting here as a long shot.

Let me know if you have any ideas!

P.S. I get that I've only had 3 posts and that can make people nervous. But I've been a member of this forum for many years, just haven't had much forum time.

KoNGo
03-31-2016, 01:03 PM
Also, do you know if the tickets to the general public are going to also be restricted to natives? That sale begins tomorrow at 10 AM.

I. Hustle
03-31-2016, 01:06 PM
hhhmmmmmm

I will say that I am more than a little skeptical.

Have you tried ebay or ticketmaster? Stubhub?

D-rob fan
03-31-2016, 01:09 PM
Maybe a customer service rep over the phone can help you.

KoNGo
04-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Just a quick update - I just bought tickets off of StubHub. Didn't know they were available there.

Could only grab center balcony seats for a $100/pop, but at least I'll be there. Crazy thing is that since I don't know when Game 2 will be, I'm staying Monday-Wednesday, and hoping that the game will either be Monday or Tuesday. Since we're the 2 seed, I'm guessing we'll play Saturday/Tuesday/Friday for Games 1-3, but hopefully, the game won't be on Wednesday, which would suck.

LOL.