PDA

View Full Version : Warriors arrogance continues

SpurPadre
04-01-2016, 11:03 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lacob--warriors-are--light-years-ahead---will-dominate-for-years-085034873.html

Dubs owner Joe Lacob says they are light years ahead of everyone in the league and will continue to dominate for years to come. And he's also talking from an organizational point of view. Funny how they're portrayed as the good guys when they're all so full of arrogance and bluster...and have Draymond Green? Them losing this year would be the ultimate feel-good story, tbh. Hope it's our Spurs to take them down, obviously but I'll easily root for any team against them.

lil'mo
04-01-2016, 11:10 AM
Ooooooooooooooolllldd

daslicer
04-01-2016, 11:10 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lacob--warriors-are--light-years-ahead---will-dominate-for-years-085034873.html

Dubs owner Joe Lacob says they are light years ahead of everyone in the league and will continue to dominate for years to come. And he's also talking from an organizational point of view. Funny how they're portrayed as the good guys when they're all so full of arrogance and bluster...and have Draymond Green? Them losing this year would be the ultimate feel-good story, tbh. Hope it's our Spurs to take them down, obviously but I'll easily root for any team against them.

This was already posted in the nba forum. I do agree they are a douchebag organization. Who do you think was more arrogance the Shaq-Kobe Lakers or this Warriors team?

RD2191
04-01-2016, 11:16 AM
Lol. Delusional faggots.

RD2191
04-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Gawd I fucking hate the dubs. Might even surpass the hate I have for OKC.

JeffDuncan
04-01-2016, 11:24 AM
The Dubs owner likes his own team, huh? Amazing.

gambit1990
04-01-2016, 11:28 AM
“We’re light-years ahead of probably every other team in structure, in planning, in how we’re going to go about things,” he said.
um, he could very well be right. it's, in no order, them and the spurs... and then everyone else.

Spurs9
04-01-2016, 11:29 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4ZLFdk2.jpg

Chinook
04-01-2016, 11:34 AM
The question is really if the Warriors' direction is one where the league wants to go. If the NBA removes the three-point line (or moves it significantly), the Warriors' competitive advantage collapses. I actually think the league should look into removing the corner three. It would take away the most efficient shot in the game along with many stretch-bigs (meaning legit bigs will have an easier time playing). Also, because the three-point line is shorter, it actually prevents a lot of spacing while making rotations significantly easier.

Spurtacular
04-01-2016, 11:50 AM
Lacob mental masturbating, tbh.

Spurtacular
04-01-2016, 11:51 AM
The question is really if the Warriors' direction is one where the league wants to go. If the NBA removes the three-point line (or moves it significantly), the Warriors' competitive advantage collapses. I actually think the league should look into removing the corner three. It would take away the most efficient shot in the game along with many stretch-bigs (meaning legit bigs will have an easier time playing). Also, because the three-point line is shorter, it actually prevents a lot of spacing while making rotations significantly easier.

Or extend the width of the court and at least make the corner threes as far as the diagonal threes.

Seventyniner
04-01-2016, 11:54 AM

Never going to happen. I think they widen the court before they eliminate the corner three. Moving the line back is plausible, but I still don't think it happens unless the Warriors run of a ridiculous string of records and rings. The current Spurs (still 4th in offense) are stomping the league as well without relying nearly as much on threes.

Chinook
04-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Never going to happen. I think they widen the court before they eliminate the corner three. Moving the line back is plausible, but I still don't think it happens unless the Warriors run of a ridiculous string of records and rings. The current Spurs (still 4th in offense) are stomping the league as well without relying nearly as much on threes.

It's not so much the Warriors as it is the movement of the league from seven-footers to 6-8 guys and from post players to inefficient jump-shooters who are still the better play due to TS%. There's no way a guy like Covington should be more valuable than Okafor, but with the way the league is now, that's very much the case. Right now, you have a team like the Spurs who can choose to play inside and out still. But in 10 years or so, there aren't going to be the players in school for a team to do that. Once the talent pool changes like that, it'll take a long time to change back.

Removing the corner three would restore the bigs to their proper place. You wouldn't have guys like Griffin and Davis shooting threes when they aren't good at it. It would also change PnR defense, since the weakside corner wouldn't be dangerous anymore. I would find it fascinating if someone like the d-league tried it out.

Dex
04-01-2016, 12:25 PM
Swiggity swooty...

Solid D
04-01-2016, 12:31 PM
They are successful. The Warriors will progress much farther in their success as a franchise once Lacob gets over himself.

koriwhat
04-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Currys ankles are gonna give these PO's... can't wait to read those media headlines!

SpurPadre
04-01-2016, 01:02 PM
This was already posted in the nba forum. I do agree they are a douchebag organization. Who do you think was more arrogance the Shaq-Kobe Lakers or this Warriors team?

At least the Lakers, whom I don't defend at all for their arrogance, have multiple championships and prestige but this Dubs team is only just establishing themselves as a major force in sports but are acting like they're already guaranteed to win the next 5 Championships and be title contenders for the next decade, which given that Curry is 28, isn't a lock to happen.

NameLess Scrub
04-01-2016, 01:05 PM
A Finals between Warriors and Cavs was fun last year..

Don't think that would be the case this year. I'll be rooting for both to lose :lol

Brian Windhorst
04-01-2016, 01:07 PM
lol who cares?

They're so ahead of the rest of the league that they probably couldn't beat the Jazz in a series without their best player, who is on the best contract. No need to even point out the litany of ways in which they lucked in to a lot of their success.

*cough* Wolves taking Johnny Flynn *cough*

Uriel
04-01-2016, 01:16 PM
The cognitive bias that ultrawealthy venture capitalists like Lacob frequently commit is called the fundamental attribution error.

People who commit this error tend to overemphasize the internal characteristics that led to their success, while remaining blind to the external circumstances (e.g. luck) that led to their favorable position.

TDomination
04-01-2016, 01:22 PM
What a joke.

man I really want the Spurs to cream them in the playoffs

coachmac87
04-01-2016, 01:26 PM
He spoke too soon tbh..

Should've just waited until they "win" the title this year..back 2 back..regular season etc..

But this just sets them up to have egg on their faces if they fall short..but I guess you make these comments when you're not used to success or if you're craving for attention.

Let the actions speak for themselves..it's better when an outside sources gives you the credit..not when you do it yourself

LongtimeSpursFan
04-01-2016, 01:29 PM
The cognitive bias that ultrawealthy venture capitalists like Lacob frequently commit is called the fundamental attribution error.

People who commit this error tend to overemphasize the internal characteristics that led to their success, while remaining blind to the external circumstances (e.g. luck) that led to their favorable position.

People also overemphasize their beliefs that the outgroup (Warriors franchise) all share the same characteristics while the ingroup (Spurs) do not.

cutewizard
04-01-2016, 01:30 PM
http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-west/san-antonio-spurs/rosen-patty-mills-best-backup-point-guard-nba/

Career backup players are among the most anonymous individuals in the NBA. And especially with headliners like Tim Duncan, Kawhi Leonard, LaMarcus Aldridge, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker garnering virtually all of the media attention on the San Antonio Spurs, Patty Mills’s contributions are too often overlooked.
Even so, it says here that Mills is not only a significant factor in the Spurs’ recent successes, but he’s also the very best backup point guard in the league.
Here’s an appraisal of Mills’ game as demonstrated in the Spurs 100-92 victory over the Pelicans.
Mills is both fast (up-and-down the court) and quick (within limited spaces). Plus he’s nothing less than an incredible passer, especially when he’s on the move and off-balance. Still, his slickest pass came on an underneath inbounds play with 1.6 seconds left in the first quarter. That’s when Mills tossed a perfect lob to Boris Diaw who canned a fadeaway jumper. The ball had to be perfectly placed to avoid the backboard plus the efforts of two defenders.
This was Mills’ only assist, only because several teammates missed makeable shots that his passes created. Moreover, Mills’ primary duty was to keep the ball moving, thereby allowing the inevitable unfolding of the offense to uncover open shots. It’s no surprise that, no matter who had the ball, there was always somebody available to pass the ball to — and somebody else, and somebody else, for 24 seconds.
That’s one of the beauties of the Spurs’ offense.
Indeed, at both ends of the court, Mills’ game plan was virtually perfect. In 20 minutes he only made two legitimate miscues, none of which were costly.

Whereas Tony Parker can still drive into the lane, then spin and/or twist his way into layups, Mills mostly scores from the perimeter. (He was 2-5 from downtown, which accounted for the six points he scored). One of Mills’ two turnovers occurred when he forced his way among the trees into the paint with nowhere to go — and his dribble was snatched away.
Mills was discredited with another turnover when his perfect pass bounced off Diaw’s hands and was recovered by the Pelicans.
And Mills also missed a rushed three-pointer.

Otherwise, Mills was in perfectly timed perpetual motion on offense — moving the ball with snappy passes, unafraid to set sturdy picks on bigs, passing away and cutting through the middle, protecting the ball with his body on crossovers and spins and, like every member of the Spurs, always making the extra pass.
The only occasions where Mills wasn’t moving when the Spurs had possession was when he briefly stood in one corner or the other while Manu Ginobili, LaMarcus Aldridge or Kevin Martin went one-on-one.
Mills did play a perfect game on defense. He dealt with screens in various ways — overplaying and beating his man to the contact, tailgating and recovering, squeezing his way through or switching. Whichever maneuver Mills executed, he received timely help from his teammates.
Even when he was forced to switch onto the massive Kendrick Perkins, Mills aggressively fronted him when taken into the low post, denying any entry pass.
Mills was rarely challenged in one-on-one situations. When Tim Frazier tried to take him, Mills sealed the baseline. Otherwise, Mills forced his erstwhile iso-minded opponents to help spots.
Mills’ ability to read the Pelicans’ offense also enabled him to record a pair of steals — both coming along the baseline from the weak side.
Pop showed his trust in Mills by leaving him in the game late in the third and early in the fourth quarter when New Orleans had mini-rallies. Indeed, with the Spurs up by only six and just over a minute left in the game, Pop had five subs on the floor.
Mills is the almost perfect cog in the Spurs’ almost perfect basketball machine. He’s one of the most significant reasons why San Antonio’s subs can compete on almost equal terms with opponents’ starters, as well as routinely outplay opponents’ second-stringers.
And, it also says here, that Patty Mills will be an important factor when the Spurs overcome the Warriors in the Western Conference finals.

cutewizard
04-01-2016, 01:30 PM
we shall beat them!

you heard it from the wizard.

coachmac87
04-01-2016, 01:33 PM
I also find it interesting how things would've been if the media and outside world gave a fuck about the Spurs when they went through their first dynasty run..

We were not liked by NBA fans and media due to boring play etc. Spurs did all this despite everything else..pretty much us against the world mentality..

NameLess Scrub
04-01-2016, 01:34 PM

This is very similar to what I think every time I hear a millionaire entrepreneur taking all credit for being financially successful, specially when their capital came from a source like playing basketball.

Sean Cagney
04-01-2016, 02:01 PM

Warriors team to be honest.

Keepin' it real
04-01-2016, 02:03 PM
http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-west/san-antonio-spurs/rosen-patty-mills-best-backup-point-guard-nba/

Career backup players are among the most anonymous individuals in the NBA. And especially with headliners like Tim Duncan, Kawhi Leonard, LaMarcus Aldridge, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker garnering virtually all of the media attention on the San Antonio Spurs, Patty Mills’s contributions are too often overlooked.
Even so, it says here that Mills is not only a significant factor in the Spurs’ recent successes, but he’s also the very best backup point guard in the league.
Here’s an appraisal of Mills’ game as demonstrated in the Spurs 100-92 victory over the Pelicans.
Mills is both fast (up-and-down the court) and quick (within limited spaces). Plus he’s nothing less than an incredible passer, especially when he’s on the move and off-balance. Still, his slickest pass came on an underneath inbounds play with 1.6 seconds left in the first quarter. That’s when Mills tossed a perfect lob to Boris Diaw who canned a fadeaway jumper. The ball had to be perfectly placed to avoid the backboard plus the efforts of two defenders.
This was Mills’ only assist, only because several teammates missed makeable shots that his passes created. Moreover, Mills’ primary duty was to keep the ball moving, thereby allowing the inevitable unfolding of the offense to uncover open shots. It’s no surprise that, no matter who had the ball, there was always somebody available to pass the ball to — and somebody else, and somebody else, for 24 seconds.
That’s one of the beauties of the Spurs’ offense.
Indeed, at both ends of the court, Mills’ game plan was virtually perfect. In 20 minutes he only made two legitimate miscues, none of which were costly.

Whereas Tony Parker can still drive into the lane, then spin and/or twist his way into layups, Mills mostly scores from the perimeter. (He was 2-5 from downtown, which accounted for the six points he scored). One of Mills’ two turnovers occurred when he forced his way among the trees into the paint with nowhere to go — and his dribble was snatched away.
Mills was discredited with another turnover when his perfect pass bounced off Diaw’s hands and was recovered by the Pelicans.
And Mills also missed a rushed three-pointer.

Otherwise, Mills was in perfectly timed perpetual motion on offense — moving the ball with snappy passes, unafraid to set sturdy picks on bigs, passing away and cutting through the middle, protecting the ball with his body on crossovers and spins and, like every member of the Spurs, always making the extra pass.
The only occasions where Mills wasn’t moving when the Spurs had possession was when he briefly stood in one corner or the other while Manu Ginobili, LaMarcus Aldridge or Kevin Martin went one-on-one.
Mills did play a perfect game on defense. He dealt with screens in various ways — overplaying and beating his man to the contact, tailgating and recovering, squeezing his way through or switching. Whichever maneuver Mills executed, he received timely help from his teammates.
Even when he was forced to switch onto the massive Kendrick Perkins, Mills aggressively fronted him when taken into the low post, denying any entry pass.
Mills was rarely challenged in one-on-one situations. When Tim Frazier tried to take him, Mills sealed the baseline. Otherwise, Mills forced his erstwhile iso-minded opponents to help spots.
Mills’ ability to read the Pelicans’ offense also enabled him to record a pair of steals — both coming along the baseline from the weak side.
Pop showed his trust in Mills by leaving him in the game late in the third and early in the fourth quarter when New Orleans had mini-rallies. Indeed, with the Spurs up by only six and just over a minute left in the game, Pop had five subs on the floor.
Mills is the almost perfect cog in the Spurs’ almost perfect basketball machine. He’s one of the most significant reasons why San Antonio’s subs can compete on almost equal terms with opponents’ starters, as well as routinely outplay opponents’ second-stringers.
And, it also says here, that Patty Mills will be an important factor when the Spurs overcome the Warriors in the Western Conference finals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qu46svpJ5g

Seventyniner
04-01-2016, 03:35 PM
It's not so much the Warriors as it is the movement of the league from seven-footers to 6-8 guys and from post players to inefficient jump-shooters who are still the better play due to TS%. There's no way a guy like Covington should be more valuable than Okafor, but with the way the league is now, that's very much the case. Right now, you have a team like the Spurs who can choose to play inside and out still. But in 10 years or so, there aren't going to be the players in school for a team to do that. Once the talent pool changes like that, it'll take a long time to change back.

Removing the corner three would restore the bigs to their proper place. You wouldn't have guys like Griffin and Davis shooting threes when they aren't good at it. It would also change PnR defense, since the weakside corner wouldn't be dangerous anymore. I would find it fascinating if someone like the d-league tried it out.

I agree that the D-League is the perfect place to try something like that.

Removing the corner three also makes late-game situations a bit less exciting. If the three-point line has 30-40% of its length chopped off, it is much easier to defend. That's exactly your point, but it makes last-second threes and improbable fast comebacks more difficult. Would this hurt ratings? Hard to say but I'd lean slightly towards yes.

Where I disagree is your definition of bigs' "proper place." The game is constantly evolving. KG came into the league wanting to be a 7-foot shooting guard, and this was 20 years ago. He couldn't have gotten that desire from watching early 90's NBA.

If you want radical, make threes worth 2.5 instead (or almost equivalently have every other made shot behind the line only worth 2). Or allow the home team for each game the option to have the three-point line "active" or not for that game. Make HCA a true advantage.

Chinook
04-01-2016, 03:59 PM
I agree that the D-League is the perfect place to try something like that.

Removing the corner three also makes late-game situations a bit less exciting. If the three-point line has 30-40% of its length chopped off, it is much easier to defend. That's exactly your point, but it makes last-second threes and improbable fast comebacks more difficult. Would this hurt ratings? Hard to say but I'd lean slightly towards yes.

I understand your point. But I think there are ways around it. Maybe they could remove the corner three while also changing the shape of the line to make longer. I would say they could also try moving the basket up (which would make deep-corner shots much harder). But that would require goal-post modifications to avoid having the stanchion on the court. It would also be fascinating to see how that affected an offense.

Where I disagree is your definition of bigs' "proper place." The game is constantly evolving. KG came into the league wanting to be a 7-foot shooting guard, and this was 20 years ago. He couldn't have gotten that desire from watching early 90's NBA.

I agree the game is evolving, but it's evolving in a way that is minimizing the effect of height, and that's one of the fundamental characteristics of NBA players. They need to rebalance the game to where being a skilled post player who's seven feet tall means something. Stretch-bigs were great when they were a counter. It's going too far with them as the main front-court players. When you eliminate the corner three, marginal stretch-bigs are going to become harder to play while elite stretch-bigs will be still be relevant. And midrange bigs who can shoot from the baseline like West will become important again.

f you want radical, make threes worth 2.5 instead (or almost equivalently have every other made shot behind the line only worth 2). Or allow the home team for each game the option to have the three-point line "active" or not for that game. Make HCA a true advantage.

I've thought a lot about the point issue. I can't see decimals becoming a thing, but I was kicking around the idea of having paint buckets be worth two, midrange three and beyond the arc four. That would prevent mid-range shots from being inefficient, but it would also negate players like Jordan and Drummond.

What about a curved backboard? If you design it as a parabola, it would be even better as far as layups go. And shots from between the wings would also work. But corner threes would become much harder, as would midrange jumpers from the short corner.

apalisoc_9
04-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Im all for making the game more accecisble and advantageous to shorter players. It allows for a bigger pool of playera going forward

SAGirl
04-01-2016, 04:14 PM
we shall beat them!

you heard it from the wizard.
:tu thanks for sharing cutewizard!
:flag:

lilbthebasedgod
04-01-2016, 04:22 PM
Its because they are

Chinook
04-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Im all for making the game more accecisble and advantageous to shorter players. It allows for a bigger pool of playera going forward

I don't want to watch a three-point shooting contest every game. I think basketball works best when there is an inside-outside balance that opens up an even wider talent pool. Until they make 3-10 foot shots as efficient as corner-threes, they'll keep trending away from a system that allows for multiple offensive structures.

jon123spurs
04-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Diamond Leung (@diamond83) tweeted at 4:04 PM on Fri, Apr 01, 2016:
Draymond Green to KNBR: "When I look at our 7 losses, I look at 'em & say. 'ah, 3 teams really beat us.' I'd say Port, Detroit, the Lakers."

Lol Raymond career coat tailer.

cd98
04-01-2016, 04:40 PM
GSW are on the verge of breaking the single season record for wins. I would say they are no more arrogant and probably less arrogant than the Bulls team that set the record. People here are too sensitive. Warriors will be incredibly difficult to beat in the playoffs.

TD 21
04-01-2016, 04:44 PM

I agree the game is evolving, but it's evolving in a way that is minimizing the effect of height, and that's one of the fundamental characteristics of NBA players. They need to rebalance the game to where being a skilled post player who's seven feet tall means something. Stretch-bigs were great when they were a counter. It's going too far with them as the main front-court players. When you eliminate the corner three, marginal stretch-bigs are going to become harder to play while elite stretch-bigs will be still be relevant. And midrange bigs who can shoot from the baseline like West will become important again.

:tu

Unfortunately, the league loves the fact that the effect of height is being minimized, for the exact reason apalisoc_9 mentioned.

Hardcore fans will appreciate Duncan (the majority of his career), Diaw, Scola, Jefferson, Okafor, etc. school physically superior players in the post, but that doesn't appeal to casual fans, who in any sports league account for the majority. They inherently have a more rudimentary understanding of the game and are far more likely to be drawn to smaller players, who are supposedly more relate-able.

I like the fact that NBA players, on the whole, are damn near a different species, but the league wants them to be as close as possible to the every man, which is why the Warriors are their wet dream. As such, they won't do anything to stifle their impact, unless their run becomes so ridiculous that there's a widespread sense of inevitably going into every season and interest wanes.

apalisoc_9
04-01-2016, 04:48 PM
I don't want to watch a three-point shooting contest every game. I think basketball works best when there is an inside-outside balance that opens up an even wider talent pool. Until they make 3-10 foot shots as efficient as corner-threes, they'll keep trending away from a system that allows for multiple offensive structures.

I dont disagree. I think that with the current system, there is enough to warranty having 4 bigs in a team. The trend of the NBA of moving towards 4 smalls is directly a result of a few teams having general sucesss in that structure. It isnt a 100% sure more successfull structure than having 2 bigs to start as evidence with spurs.

Short answer, the current rules allows for teams to play big and succseed. The court is perfect.

Dont fix what isnt broke.

4 smalls is a fad that might go away of the spurs win this year

Chinook
04-01-2016, 04:54 PM
I dont disagree. I think that with the current system, there is enough to warranty having 4 bigs in a team. The trend of the NBA of moving towards 4 smalls is directly a result of a few teams having general sucesss in that structure. It isnt a 100% sure more successfull structure than having 2 bigs to start as evidence with spurs.

Short answer, the current rules allows for teams to play big and succseed. The court is perfect.

Dont fix what isnt broke.

4 smalls is a fad that might go away of the spurs win this year

It's more than a fad. It's shifting the talent pool. You're losing post players in exchange for jump-shooter or dunkers. That's something that even Mark Jackson has noticed. High-players are learning to shoot threes on the break instead of running to the rim. The tall players that can make it to high-level colleges are almost undraftable if they can't hit at least a college three. The trend doesn't have to grow faster. It just has to hang around for a few more years. With teams like GS and OKC favoring small-ball along with up-and-coming teams like Toronto and Boston, it's not going to change any time soon.

Thomas82
04-01-2016, 10:43 PM
He spoke too soon tbh..

Should've just waited until they "win" the title this year..back 2 back..regular season etc..

But this just sets them up to have egg on their faces if they fall short..but I guess you make these comments when you're not used to success or if you're craving for attention.

Let the actions speak for themselves..it's better when an outside sources gives you the credit..not when you do it yourself

+1

daslicer
04-01-2016, 11:43 PM
GSW are on the verge of breaking the single season record for wins. I would say they are no more arrogant and probably less arrogant than the Bulls team that set the record. People here are too sensitive. Warriors will be incredibly difficult to beat in the playoffs.

The Bulls outside of Rodman weren't as arrogant as these Warriors. I remember Mike being a big time trash talker on the court but off the court he didn't talk shit like these current Warriors do. I can't recall Pippen and MJ badmouthing teams after losses and being salty like the Warriors are. I even remember Mike during the 72 win season refusing to say the Bulls were the team to beat but instead saying the Rockets were team to beat until proven otherwise. The Bulls were pretty humble during that 72 win run unlike these Warriors. I remember it vividly since I was teenager during that time period.

hsxvvd
04-01-2016, 11:51 PM
It's the fact that Holt would never say something stupid like this that proves him wrong.

ace3g
04-01-2016, 11:58 PM
Warren Shaw @ShawSportsNBA
(https://twitter.com/ShawSportsNBA) Ref ignored Smart's timeout lol

Spurs 4 The Win
04-01-2016, 11:59 PM
Green is the worlds biggest faggot

ace3g
04-02-2016, 12:02 AM
way too easy...

SpursFan86
04-02-2016, 12:03 AM
Come the fuck on Boston...

DMC
04-02-2016, 12:03 AM
A team does well and guess what, it has a prima donna faggot on it not named Curry and the fans of the 17 consecutive 50 win, never missed playoffs, 5 rings faggot team melt right the fuck down. Oh no, competition is bad. They must be evil. I'd bet they don't go to be until almost half past eleven.

"No one knows what it's like, to be a dust bin, in Shaftesbury, with hooligans.." -Hicks

ace3g
04-02-2016, 12:06 AM
Boston!!!! Batfleck!!! Boston!!! Spurs now have an NBA record all to themselves!!!

PopTheGOAT
Warrior take the L at home!!!!

LakerHater
This loss was a long time comming!!

Das Texan
Warren Shaw @ShawSportsNBA
(https://twitter.com/ShawSportsNBA) Ref ignored Smart's timeout lol

that was a fucking joke what the refs let happen on that play.

afireinside20
Haha they fucking lost at home

Solid D
04-02-2016, 12:07 AM
Not light years ahead of the Celts and Spurs haha

ViceCity86
04-02-2016, 12:07 AM
They lost!

Espn will jizz all over this not just because Warriors lost,but it was Boston who beat them.

KenziE
04-02-2016, 12:09 AM
This loss was a long time comming!!

WORD !!!

SPURt
04-02-2016, 12:10 AM
Phoenix was so stupid letting Thomas go, that dude had a crazy 3rd. The amazing thing is the Celtics missed a ton of free throws.

SpursFan86
04-02-2016, 12:11 AM
Phoenix was so stupid letting Thomas go, that dude had a crazy 3rd. The amazing thing is the Celtics missed a ton of free throws.

Kings are even dumber. They let him go in favor of Collison :lol

SPURt
04-02-2016, 12:12 AM
That Draymond pick on Smart was a foul too

Spurs9
They should have lost that jazz game too

SPURt
God it's good to be a Spurs fan

Atl Spur
04-02-2016, 12:14 AM
The refs should be ashamed of themselves..............

timtonymanu

:cry Buh det guy was holding back Jimmer from breaking out

spursistan
They have bullshitted too many wins.as TD21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=908) said, they are about to regress to the mean...

BTW, the Warriors haven't been really that godly impressive since ALL STAR break ..And this is actually bad loss for them..Boston on B2B without their best player (Crowder)..

wingster
What's the Spurs current home streak again? (Including last season)

Atl Spur
No one ever beats golden state....lol They only beat themselves per all the experts.

boutons_deux
04-02-2016, 12:20 AM
Green is such an asshole. Got a break on the non-jump ball, look-at-intense-me celebrate, then next play, fumbles to Celts. asshole

apalisoc_9
04-02-2016, 12:21 AM
:cry Buh det guy was holding back Jimmer from breaking out

:lmao

SpursFan86
04-02-2016, 12:29 AM
They have bullshitted too many wins.as TD21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=908) said, they are about to regress to the mean...

BTW, the Warriors haven't been really that godly impressive since ALL STAR break ..And this is actually bad loss for them..Boston on B2B without their best player (Crowder)..

To be fair, they're missing Iguodala and Ezeli...I think that's a legitimate reason they've looked less-than-amazing over the past few weeks. Iguodala is an extremely underrated player and their small-ball isn't nearly as effective without him. Ezeli gives them another legitimately great rim protector when Bogut is out, but without him they're having to play fucking Varejao :lol

I think someone here did post that a lot of their role players have fallen off from beyond the arc in the 2nd half of the season, though...and that's pretty encouraging for us. As amazing of shooters Steph/Klay are, I don't think they can beat us by themselves. They'll need guys like Draymond, Barnes, Iggy, Barbosa, etc. to be hitting as well.

I'm just banking on fatigue hitting them by the time we face them. The intensity they've been playing at basically all season is pretty ridiculous. I know Curry and some of the other starters have been sitting out a lot of 4th quarters and thus their minutes aren't too high, but still...hopefully it catches up to them. They've also had a pretty dense schedule throughout March.

LakerHater
04-02-2016, 12:31 AM

apalisoc_9
04-02-2016, 12:42 AM

Thats disgusting

SpursFan86
04-02-2016, 12:45 AM

If that happened against the Spurs and they ended up tying the game afterwards...there would be some objects getting broken

KenziE
04-02-2016, 12:47 AM
If that happened against the Spurs and they ended up tying the game afterwards...there would be some objects getting broken

Maybe a face or two if you were in a sports bar hahaha

sexinthatsx
04-02-2016, 12:50 AM

Green should be so lucky that Celtics player didn't dislocate his jaw or get a concussion from such a dirty play like that

hooperflash
04-02-2016, 01:19 AM
that was a fucking joke what the refs let happen on that play.

At that point, I was thinking, "Not this again." *facepalm*

SpurPadre
04-02-2016, 01:30 AM

Iggy>Crowder, tbh.

SpurPadre
04-02-2016, 01:37 AM
Shit, the Dubs are gonna get a lot of calls and non-calls in their favor in the playoffs. You think the Thunderefs are bad, that is nothing compared to the advantage the Dubs will get.

cjw
04-02-2016, 01:51 AM
Iggy>Crowder, tbh.

Yes, but Warriors are deep enough to replace his minutes while the Celtics have to stretch guys well beyond their usual minutes with Crowder out.

UZER
04-02-2016, 02:28 AM

Just speechless. But it's kerrs stealing phils theory of pushing the envelope further and further all season ,or game or series long. When it finally gets to level 10 it gets called out, but now they still get to do all the illegal stuff at level 8 because it's not as bad as 10.

cd98
04-02-2016, 08:04 AM
The Bulls outside of Rodman weren't as arrogant as these Warriors. I remember Mike being a big time trash talker on the court but off the court he didn't talk shit like these current Warriors do. I can't recall Pippen and MJ badmouthing teams after losses and being salty like the Warriors are. I even remember Mike during the 72 win season refusing to say the Bulls were the team to beat but instead saying the Rockets were team to beat until proven otherwise. The Bulls were pretty humble during that 72 win run unlike these Warriors. I remember it vividly since I was teenager during that time period.

Dude. Jordan is the most arrogant athlete of all time. He has not a single ounce of humility. You've been watching too much MJ McDonalds commercials. You need to watch his HOF speech. That Bulls team was arrogant as hell with MJ and Pippen leading the way. In fact, I think Rodman was the humble on that team.

cd98
04-02-2016, 08:06 AM
If you think MJ didn't talk trash about teams after the game, watch the Bad Boys 30 for 30

TDomination
04-02-2016, 08:16 AM
Dude. Jordan is the most arrogant athlete of all time. He has not a single ounce of humility. You've been watching too much MJ McDonalds commercials. You need to watch his HOF speech. That Bulls team was arrogant as hell with MJ and Pippen leading the way. In fact, I think Rodman was the humble on that team.

At least the Bulls had won 4 championships in the last 6 years leading to that 72-10 season. They had already proven they were a dynasty. Warriors have 1 championship and are talking like they are ALREADY better than MJs Bulls, showtime lakers, Duncan era Spurs lol

russellgoat
04-02-2016, 09:36 AM
You are telling me that the "classy" organization that haves a coach that is always disrespecting journalists, have a point guard that fucks their teammate's wifes, the argentinian flopper have the nerve to call another organization unclassy?

dabom
04-02-2016, 09:37 AM
You are telling me that the "classy" organization that haves a coach that is always disrespecting journalists, have a point guard that fucks their teammate's wifes, the argentinian flopper have the nerve to call another organization unclassy?

Faggot. :lmao

Chillen
04-02-2016, 09:50 AM
At least the Bulls had won 4 championships in the last 6 years leading to that 72-10 season. They had already proven they were a dynasty. Warriors have 1 championship and are talking like they are ALREADY better than MJs Bulls, showtime lakers, Duncan era Spurs lol

fixed
At least the Bulls had won 3 championships in the last 6 years leading to that 72-10 season. They had already proven they were a dynasty.

IMO the Spurs are a dynasty with Duncan despite never having repeated, they did make it to back to back Finals and almost ringed in 2013. They have won 5 NBA titles. The Warriors up till 2012 made the playoffs twice since 1992 to 2012, now they have a great player in Stephen Curry, and they won 67 games last season and the championship. This season they may beat the Bulls 72-10 record, but only by 1 or 2 games if they do it. They had plenty of close games they hit some insane 3 or what not and stole the game. The refs have also been calling games in favor of them, Green gets away with so much crap it's not even funny. They are not a dynasty and the owner going on record to saying what he said just wreaks of being on a high horse. They are a team that has flourished with Kerr as head coach, they are a confident team playing well and hitting shots consistently. No matter what if they win the 73 games or repeat, they are not a dynasty and that 72-10 Bulls team is still the best regular season team imo. Warriors may better it by 2 wins, woo hoo. So the Spurs are a dynasty and the Warriors are a flourishing team with amazing consistency the past 2 NBA seasons. The Spurs with Duncan have been the model for consistency in all of pro sports, just incredible. The Warriors were missing the playoffs year in year out why the Spurs kept winning.

Russo21
04-02-2016, 10:17 AM

Agreed. They moved the 3 point line back a few feet years ago. Why not extend the court a little longer and wider to?

When basketball first started they didn’t know it was going to turn into a worldwide sensation. With basketballers these days being so big and athletic, and able to shoot from so far away it would be a reasonable decision to alter the court a bit wider and longer to give these giants room to move. They also didn’t know basketballers would turn from un-athletic 6 foot tall guys to 7 foot freaks of nature running around on a court with the same dimensions. People are always stepping out of bounds on the corner 3.

Michael Jordan once said something like ‘unless they alter the dimensions of the court there will be a player greater than me’ The egotistical douche said something like that. Maybe it actually is time to alter the dimensions of the court just like they did the 3 point line and give these giants room to move. Instead of the corner 3 being much shorter than the straight on 3 they could make the 3 point line even all around if they extend the court.

Most likely not gonna happen but whatever J

spursistan
04-02-2016, 10:25 AM

And their entire playoffs run wasn't last season :lol I can't wait to smash this donkey face in the playoffs..

Spurs9
04-02-2016, 10:30 AM

And their entire playoffs run wasn't last season :lol I can't wait to smash this donkey face in the playoffs..

:lmao :lmao
Didn't the Celtics come off a game the previous night?

ducks
04-02-2016, 10:30 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=15117436

spursistan
04-02-2016, 10:37 AM

back last summer their faggot owner also intimated this about us..

this Dubs team provide too much bulletin board material, hope our guys really get motivated to humble these fuckers..fucking a lottery fodder team only 4 years ago is talking shit like they are an established dynasty..

hater
04-02-2016, 10:38 AM
:lmao spursfans are adorable. Scared shitless of this team

RD2191
04-02-2016, 10:43 AM
:lmao spursfans are adorable. Scared shitless of this team
You mean like you with grizz? Avoid at all costs:lmao

apalisoc_9
04-02-2016, 10:45 AM
82 games is way too long...when the fuck is the 2nd round of the playoffs starting?

tmtcsc
04-02-2016, 10:45 AM
Did anyone catch Steve Kerr saying the following during a timeout: "Hey, we're down 10 - we can make that up in a couple of minutes. Maybe one, right? We're ok." Dumb ass is as dumb ass does. His imitation of Pop being cool under pressure is just that - an imitation. Fuck the Dubs. I cant wait for the Spurs to shit on them in the playoffs.

dabom
04-02-2016, 10:48 AM
You mean like you with grizz? Avoid at all costs:lmao
:lol

dabom
04-02-2016, 10:48 AM
Did anyone catch Steve Kerr saying the following during a timeout: "Hey, we're down 10 - we can make that up in a couple of minutes. Maybe one, right? We're ok." Dumb ass is as dumb ass does. His imitation of Pop being cool under pressure is just that - an imitation. Fuck the Dubs. I cant wait for the Spurs to shit on them in the playoffs.

daslicer
04-02-2016, 10:52 AM

I have met Jordan 3 times since I grew up in NC so I know the type of douchebag he is but for as a player he wasn't as insufferable as these warriors. Again do you lack reading comprehension I acknowledged he was a big time trash talker but outside of that I can't recall Jordan doing retarded taunts and dances like Curry and company do. I can't recall bull players doing retarded celebrations when Jordan took a shot before the shot came in. Jordan did a much better job of hiding his arrogance on the down low after games. I don't recall Jordan throwing Salt the way this warriors team does at opponents after losses. The fact that Jordan didn't discredit and trash teams during pre-game and post game interviews shows to me he had some decency unlike these warriors. Also saying Rodman was humble is pretty laughable that's like saying Donald Trump is racially tolerant. Rodman talked mad shit before games, during games, and the post game. The warriors are a bunch douchebags there is no way to spin or justify their arrogance.

russellgoat
04-02-2016, 11:02 AM
Leonard is shit

pgardn
04-02-2016, 11:02 AM
Kinda wanted to see if they would meltdown if the first home loss came playing us in the playoffs, oh well.

Does not change the fact they will very difficult to beat if they can adapt to different defenses thrown at Curry.

tmtcsc
04-02-2016, 11:06 AM
Leonard is THE shit

Fixed it for you.

boutons_deux
04-02-2016, 11:09 AM
After the refs' preference for GSW over BOS, it looks like the Spurs will be 5 on 8, yet again.

pgardn
04-02-2016, 11:09 AM
I have met Jordan 3 times since I grew up in NC so I know the type of douchebag he is but for as a player he wasn't as insufferable as these warriors. Again do you lack reading comprehension I acknowledged he was a big time trash talker but outside of that I can't recall Jordan doing retarded taunts and dances like Curry and company do. I can't recall bull players doing retarded celebrations when Jordan took a shot before the shot came in. Jordan did a much better job of hiding his arrogance on the down low after games. I don't recall Jordan throwing Salt the way this warriors team does at opponents after losses. The fact that Jordan didn't discredit and trash teams during pre-game and post game interviews shows to me he had some decency unlike these warriors. Also saying Rodman was humble is pretty laughable that's like saying Donald Trump is racially tolerant. Rodman talked mad shit before games, during games, and the post game. The warriors are a bunch douchebags there is no way to spin or justify their arrogance.

Because nothing was good enough for Jordan except winning. And he even got bored when he thought no one could beat him so he stepped into sports that he was not good enough at (baseball). He thrived on what he perceived as legitimate competition. Probably why he continues with golf. He can play till he is old and put something meaningful on it, cash. Which he apparently loses a lot of.

spursistan
04-02-2016, 11:50 AM

JohnnyMax
04-02-2016, 01:35 PM

will_spurs
04-02-2016, 01:50 PM
Why not extend the court a little longer and wider to?

I imagine courts are a bit harder to modify than a line, which could always be painted over. I'm not sure how much space they'd have to work with in some arenas.

SpursFan86
04-02-2016, 02:13 PM

I think a lot of people here are overly sensitive/critical when it comes to the Warriors, but god damn do those tweets make Draymond look like a whiny POS.

resistanze
04-02-2016, 02:27 PM
Good to know Raymond thinks there's a big asterisk beside their 2015 title :lol

Dancelot
04-02-2016, 06:28 PM
So, by Raymond's thinking, unless they lose by 20+ points it's not a legit loss?

gambit1990
04-03-2016, 02:55 PM
If the NBA removes the three-point line (or moves it significantly), the Warriors' competitive advantage collapses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmOq6ZPv86c
steph curry can knock down deep threes better than anyone in the history of the league.

daslicer
04-03-2016, 03:04 PM
steph curry can knock down deep threes better than anyone in the history of the league.

This is true but the rest of that team can't hit shots from deep like Steph can so it would still dramatically harm them if the 3 point line is moved up.

gambit1990
04-03-2016, 03:09 PM
This is true but the rest of that team can't hit shots from deep like Steph can so it would still dramatically harm them if the 3 point line is moved up.
who on any other team can hit shots from the deep like steph? you could say moving the 3 point line would harm the warriors... but it also harm every other team in the league. and if anything, more so because they don't have a curry on their team.

daslicer
04-03-2016, 03:14 PM
who on any other team can hit shots from the deep like steph? you could say moving the 3 point line would harm the warriors... but it also harm every other team in the league. and if anything, more so because they don't have a curry on their team.

The Warriors win off not just Curry being able to hit 3's even though he's a big part of it but other guys also hitting 3's. Do you think Curry is going to be able to hit 20 3's a game to make up for the other guys not being able to hit deep 3's? Teams would also be able to double team Curry knowing he's the only guy on the court that can hit the deep 3's.

gambit1990
04-03-2016, 03:22 PM
The Warriors win off not just Curry being able to hit 3's even though he's a big part of it but other guys also hitting 3's. Do you think Curry is going to be able to hit 20 3's a game to make up for the other guys not being able to hit deep 3's? Teams would also be able to double team Curry knowing he's the only guy on the court that can hit the deep 3's.
-he wouldn't need to hit 20 or make up for the other guys
-um... if the point line is moved... and teams double him that far out... someone else will be wide open
-as great a shooter as klay thompson is... i feel like he'd be able to knock down deep threes if necessary too

KL2
04-03-2016, 03:22 PM
Jazz OT, Celtics game, these teams aren't going to give GS the record, by the time they reach the playoffs they're going to be even more tired. There has been like a 10% decrease in the 3pt % among like 5 different guys. Chasing the record will ultimately fuck them

Chinook
04-03-2016, 04:39 PM

There are other ways to move the three-point line other than just moving it back. If you had actually read the thread, you'd know what I was saying. Anyway, Steph being able to shoot threes well from deep means little. The Warriors aren't breaking the league because of Curry. They are breaking the league because they can play five three-point shooters at once. Moving the line back even a little would make guys like Green and Iggy non-shooters and completely alter the way teams defended the Warriors. That also doesn't mention that Curry taking contested long-threes will actually cause the Warriors' transition D to plummet.

Is this acting like you know something no one else knows thing going to be forever? Are you going to bump this every time Curry makes a deep three?

Chinook
04-03-2016, 04:44 PM

He'd have to get pretty close.

-um... if the point line is moved... and teams double him that far out... someone else will be wide open

They'll be open for a really long two-pointer. I don't think anyone cares about that. The only reason why open guys matter is because they're shooting open threes.

-as great a shooter as klay thompson is... i feel like he'd be able to knock down deep threes if necessary too

He'd be doing it now if he could. Even Curry would shoot in the low 30s. The only reason he shoots so well from deep is because teams haven't been consistently guarding him that far away from the basket. He's not taking crazy off-dribble threes after a crossover from 30 feet away. He might whip one out when he's in rhythm, but him doing so a lot would kill the Warriors.

kobyz
04-04-2016, 01:24 AM
No arrogance, just full pride and confident in themself! Arrogance is Pop and that why Spurs never repeat...

daslicer
04-04-2016, 01:29 AM
No arrogance, just full pride and confident in themself! Arrogance is Pop and that why Spurs never repeat...

Your not fooling anybody with your shtick. It's been know for the last few years you are a Laker troll pretending to be a spurs fan. I have to say the pretend fan troll has to be one of the dumbest troll shticks around.

TheGreatYacht
04-04-2016, 01:35 PM
Spurs need to drop the :cry classy :cry schtick and go at these Gay Area faggots already

NameLess Scrub
04-04-2016, 02:22 PM
I wonder what would happen if the Spurs counter the Warriors game in such a way green ends up not making his stats and overall playing frustrated. Will he blow up on his teammates? Get technicals?

Budkin
04-04-2016, 03:15 PM
I wonder what would happen if the Spurs counter the Warriors game in such a way green ends up not making his stats and overall playing frustrated. Will he blow up on his teammates? Get technicals?

No he'll just injure one of our key players. Problem solved.

NameLess Scrub
04-04-2016, 03:42 PM
No he'll just injure one of our key players. Problem solved.

Then brag about how great of a player he is :lol

itzsoweezee
04-04-2016, 04:48 PM
What's the story on lacob calling the spurs old? Is this a new quote?

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/warriors-owner-lacob-on-the-spurs-theyre-old

SpursFan86
04-04-2016, 04:51 PM
What's the story on lacob calling the spurs old? Is this a new quote?

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/warriors-owner-lacob-on-the-spurs-theyre-old

I know journalistic integrity isn't really a thing anymore, but this is even worse than usual. Bringing up a tweet with a quote made in jest from almost a year ago and making a new story out of it :lmao

itzsoweezee
04-04-2016, 05:59 PM

I know journalistic integrity isn't really a thing anymore, but this is even worse than usual. Bringing up a tweet with a quote made in jest from almost a year ago and making a new story out of it :lmao

Wow, that's pretty sleazy.

Benoit
04-04-2016, 06:03 PM
lmao its obvious Dray doesnt respect the Spurs for some reason

I dont think Klay does either

Coach Kerr admires the Spurs and shows them a lot of respect but it doesnt appear that any of our players fear them or respect them as an equal

Ethan Strauss said on twitter that the Dubs players dont view the Spurs as a threat, which I cant really disagree with after they barely beat us at home without 3 rotation players and on the 6th game in 9 days

baseline bum
04-04-2016, 06:03 PM

Coach Kerr admires the Spurs and shows them a lot of respect but it doesnt appear that any of our players fear them or respect them as an equal

Ethan Strauss said on twitter that the Dubs players dont view the Spurs as a threat, which I cant really disagree with after they barely beat us at home without 3 rotation players and on the 6th game in 9 days

You rushed the floor for Jordan when he rang in your building. I spit on you.

http://i.imgur.com/J0Z5dcN.jpg

DarrinS
04-04-2016, 06:19 PM
They are defending champs until they aren't, tbh.

What we see as arrogance or douchebaggery, their fans probably see as confidence or swagger. I don't really care, tbh.

AFMadison
04-05-2016, 12:40 AM

And only steph. Those 2-3 deep 3's a game won't get you a W

KDKSpurs24
04-05-2016, 12:43 AM
And only steph. Those 2-3 deep 3's a game won't get you a W
I'm not entirely sure about that. Those things give his teammates a hell of a lot of extra energy. Making teammates better in any way goes forth into winning a game.

gambit1990
04-05-2016, 01:09 AM
The Warriors aren't breaking the league because of Curry.

He'd have to get pretty close.
he wouldn't. you move the three point line back, three point attempts would go down for every team. he wouldn't have to make up for teammates because other teams couldn't make up for steph curry.

They'll be open for a really long two-pointer. I don't think anyone cares about that.
:lmao wow, how dense are you? wide open for a really long two pointer? the warriors would get a lay up/dunk you stupid fuck.

He'd be doing it now if he could.
^ just dumb. why would klay make it harder on himself? curry takes deeps threes because it's so easy for him.

And only steph.
exactly. so if only steph can make those deep threes... and you move the three point line back... then still, only curry makes those. advantage: warriors.

GSH
04-05-2016, 01:18 AM
They are defending champs until they aren't, tbh.

What we see as arrogance or douchebaggery, their fans probably see as confidence or swagger. I don't really care, tbh.

That right there. A grown man's answer.

If you're the defending champs, and win 70 or more games the next season? You get to be arrogant, if that's what blows your dress up. Eventually, someone will take them down, and it will be that much sweeter for that team when they do.

Spurtacular
04-05-2016, 01:42 AM

You move the three four feet back and have people guarding him further back and he is chucking. Right now, he's shooting when he person is at the line. If they're at a deeper line and they're conceding deep running two's at 40 percent, teams will take that. It doesn't matter if Curry is the best deep shooter ever; moving the three back would hurt him more than anyone due to the volume of threes his game is predicated upon.

gambit1990
04-05-2016, 02:16 AM
moving the three back would hurt him more than anyone due to the volume of threes his game is predicated upon.
i disagree entirely.

moving the three point line back hurts every team. but whichever team has steph curry has the advantage. did you even watch the video? he gets deep threes effortlessly.

done talking about this though, it's a waste of time. the nba's not moving the line.

Spurtacular
04-05-2016, 02:40 AM
i disagree entirely.

moving the three point line back hurts every team. but whichever team has steph curry has the advantage. did you even watch the video? he gets deep threes effortlessly.

done talking about this though, it's a waste of time. the nba's not moving the line.

Steph's three percent would be like late 20's percent if you really moved it deep. That's disadvantage everyone. Threes would be reserved for buzzer beaters and momentum changers. It'd be to no individual's advantage. You're completely wrong.

gambit1990
04-05-2016, 02:54 AM
Steph's three percent would be like late 20's percent if you really moved it deep. That's disadvantage everyone. Threes would be reserved for buzzer beaters and momentum changers. It'd be to no individual's advantage. You're completely wrong.

The NBA 3-point line ranges from 22 feet in the corners out to 23-feet-9 inches near the top of the key, and Curry doesn’t actually seem to care where that line is.

During the 2015-16 season Curry has hit 33-of-49 field goals from between 28 feet and half court. After some quick math, that’s an insane 67.3 percent.
^ try again bitch (http://thebiglead.com/2016/02/26/stephen-currys-shooting-percentage-from-28-feet-out-is-mind-boggling/ thebiglead.com/2016/02/26/stephen-currys-shooting-percentage-from-28-feet-out-is-mind-boggling/).

100%duncan
04-05-2016, 02:58 AM
Not light years ahead of the Celts and Spurs haha

:lol

Chinook
04-05-2016, 07:09 AM

Shows how much you know. If it was just Curry, the Warriors would be a cute team that would get shut down by legit defenses. It's the fact that they can play with five three-point shooters at once. If that number drops down to one, then teams simply won't have to leave him any daylight.

he wouldn't. you move the three point line back, three point attempts would go down for every team. he wouldn't have to make up for teammates because other teams couldn't make up for steph curry.

Again, shows how much you know. The Warriors rely on dominating the three-point differential. They can't just be even with everyone else. If other teams aren't shooting threes, they're shooting twos. Compare that the Warriors relying on inefficient shots and giving up long rebounds. If they start missing more threes than everyone else, their point differential collapses.

:lmao wow, how dense are you? wide open for a really long two pointer? the warriors would get a lay up/dunk you stupid fuck.

It's clear you don't actually watch the Warriors at this point. If teams double Curry, the pass goes to one of their bigs at the top of the key (very often Draymond. If the three-point line were farther out, that pass would go to about where the three-point line is now. If you don't know why it goes there, it's because you don't understand what a short-roll is and why and how the Warriors use it. The point is that you have Draymond open for a two-pointer at a spot to which he shoots 33 percent. No one is coming out to him at that distance. So he would either have to take that awful shot or drive into a defense that doesn't have to fear him kicking out to shooters, since Curry is the only floor-spacer left, and he's already being doubled.

^ just dumb. why would klay make it harder on himself? curry takes deeps threes because it's so easy for him.

This is probably your dumbest observation. As you point out later in this thread, Curry barely takes long-threes. Only six percent of his threes and three percent of his total shots come from that distance. Why do you think that is? It's because he only takes those shots when he's absolutely warmed up and WIDE OPEN. The average defender distance on a Curry attempt from 28-plus feet is about six feet. He's only shot one long three all season when a defender was within three feet of him (against the Cavs in January).

You move the line back, and Curry can no longer be as selective in when he takes long-threes. And if he is, then his 3PApg drops down to negligible levels. If he isn't, his percentage drops while he also gives up long rebounds with him already being outnumbered on the break.

AFMadison
04-05-2016, 07:10 AM
I'm not entirely sure about that. Those things give his teammates a hell of a lot of extra energy. Making teammates better in any way goes forth into winning a game.
Same can be said about the opposite. He misses deep threes which can be considered bad looks if he starts missing, killing chemistry and ball movement..

AFMadison
04-05-2016, 07:12 AM

exactly. so if only steph can make those deep threes... and you move the three point line back... then still, only curry makes those. advantage: warriors.
Advantage any other team imo, let Currys chucking kill team chemistry.

101A
04-05-2016, 07:51 AM

Regular season results mean about nothing when Pop is one of the coaches. Ask the '14 Thunder. Not saying that the Dubs won't beat the Spurs in a series, but using the rs games between the clubs as evidence is not reliable. ESPECIALLY these next two (where the Spurs get blown out, fall well below the radar and get written off by pretty much everyone).

Spurs9
04-05-2016, 08:41 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/HBISViFoaJYDC/giphy.gif
https://i.imgflip.com/jpcv2.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/2jFXe51t6PXOg/giphy.gif

Spurtacular
04-05-2016, 12:52 PM
^ try again bitch (http://thebiglead.com/2016/02/26/stephen-currys-shooting-percentage-from-28-feet-out-is-mind-boggling/ thebiglead.com/2016/02/26/stephen-currys-shooting-percentage-from-28-feet-out-is-mind-boggling/).

We were talking about 4 feet deeper. And he shoots that well from deep because the defender is back. With a deeper line, and the defender guarding higher, you'd see a significant drop. It would not be to his advantage to move the line back in spite of your retarded assertion.

TheDoctor
04-05-2016, 01:58 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/2jFXe51t6PXOg/giphy.gif

I don't get it. A player can get a tech for staring/taunting after a dunk but that disgusting Oakland-ish conduct is accepted?

Budkin
04-05-2016, 02:38 PM
I don't get it. A player can get a tech for staring/taunting after a dunk but that disgusting Oakland-ish conduct is accepted?

The Warriors have made people interested in the NBA again so they get a pass apparently. Can you imagine Stephen Jackson pulling that shit?

NameLess Scrub
04-05-2016, 02:49 PM
The Warriors have made people interested in the NBA again so they get a pass apparently. Can you imagine Stephen Jackson pulling that shit?

Hasn't the Lebron hype been working?

Jdspur20
04-05-2016, 05:10 PM

Ok....

spursistan
04-06-2016, 12:50 AM

shit starting to blow up in this tool face :lmao keep going for the record so Curry tears an ACL before the playoffs..

AFMadison
04-06-2016, 12:52 AM

shit starting to blow up in this tool face :lmao keep going for the record so Curry tears an ACL before the playoffs..
Karma well deserved

Clipper Nation
04-06-2016, 12:56 AM
They're so far ahead that they've looped all the way around to the back and can't even beat the Timberwolves :lol

TheDoctor
04-06-2016, 01:07 AM

"The curse of The Lacobmbino".

Benoit
04-07-2016, 11:36 PM
Joe Lacob calling it how it is

spursistan
06-20-2016, 10:03 PM

I like our chances in the Durant sweepstakes if this prick is going to make GSW pitch..

Chinook
06-20-2016, 10:08 PM
Somewhere, Marc Jackson is telling people, "See I told you so." And those people are telling him to STFU because Luke Walton outcoached him.

noles1983
06-20-2016, 11:10 PM
Lacob is a faggot and i hope he gets AIDS. His whole team is full of arrogant pricks, so much shit talking for a lucky championship last year.

Mister Sinister
06-21-2016, 12:13 AM
Light years ahead, and yet 4 points behind the Cavs when it counted. Welp.

spursistan
06-21-2016, 03:22 AM

and you wonder why the rest of NBA fanbases (minus maybe Lakers) were rooting against them..

gambit1990
07-04-2016, 11:19 AM
um, he could very well be right.

SuperCam
07-04-2016, 07:31 PM
The Warriors will enter next season as massive favorites in the Western Conference. They didn't just sign Durant; they gutted the only Western Conference team they feared. They do not fear the San Antonio Spurs (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs). After losing in San Antonio in March, Golden State's players talked in the locker room about how the Spurs had no chance against them in a seven game-series, per several team sources -- about how San Antonio could only manage 87 points even with Iguodala and Bogut in street clothes that night.

Unprecedented levels of faggotry...

noles1983
07-04-2016, 07:35 PM
classless pieces of shit for sure. i hope a staph infection of epic proportions breaks out in their locker room. fuck those faggots

RD2191
07-04-2016, 07:41 PM
classless pieces of shit for sure. i hope a staph infection of epic proportions breaks out in their locker room. fuck those faggots

KaiRMD1
07-04-2016, 09:07 PM
The arrogance is gonna blow up in their face.

daslicer
07-04-2016, 09:10 PM
The arrogance is gonna blow up in their face.

It did in the finals but I don't think they will ever change even if they get eliminated in this upcoming season. Win or lose they are always going to be arrogant that's just how they are wired granted when they don't win it's going to be comical.

TheGreatYacht
03-30-2018, 10:44 AM

Bob Myers is paying Bertans' salary to Quinn Cook and Javale McGee combined. All the while having Durant on a paycut.

Truly the greatest GM in the game and it isn't close.

After Cook dropped 30 last night (12-15fg, 5-5 3PT), he's now averaging 20.5ppg over his last 7 games. Not even going to bring how efficient he's been, tbh...

If only some drunk faggot truly watched basketball at all levels and listened to people with insanely high bball knowledge....

Spurs need to jump on Quinn Cook. He's better than any white American player Buford jacks off too.

Would easily be our Day 1 starting PG, which says a lot about it.

Quinn Cook is going to get claimed soon. Hope it ain't by GS, HOU, or OKC who are all light years ahead of RC Drunkford

r0drig0lac
03-30-2018, 10:53 AM
Bob Myers is paying Bertans' salary to Quinn Cook and Javale McGee combined. All the while having Durant on a paycut.

Truly the greatest GM in the game and it isn't close.

After Cook dropped 30 last night (12-15fg, 5-5 3PT), he's now averaging 20.5ppg over his last 7 games. Not even going to bring how efficient he's been, tbh...

If only some drunk faggot truly watched basketball at all levels and listened to people with insanely high bball knowledge....

relax we have Forbes and Brendan Paul

TheGreatYacht
03-30-2018, 11:03 AM
relax we have Forbes and Brendan Paul
Alright now we're just throwing up random names, tbh. Is that a plumber?

SpurPadre
03-31-2018, 01:14 PM
Alright now we're just throwing up random names, tbh. Is that a plumber?

And that plumber is miles better than Brandon Paul tbh.

Spurtacular
03-31-2018, 01:37 PM
If the Warriors are the class of the league, they'll be doing this for two decades. I doubt that'll happen, tbh.