PDA

View Full Version : Rank Spurs Players replacement Value...Mainstream and casual fan dont post here.

apalisoc_9
04-01-2016, 04:37 PM
So I was talking to a buddy of mine about Danny Green and how valuable he is to them because of the lack of alternatives. And we decided to rank players based soley on their value with replacement as the main and only factor....Salary in mind of courrse since that is the biggest thing when talking about value with replacement in mind. We ended up with.

Kawhi
Danny
Manu Ginobili
Tim Duncan
Diaw
Lamarcus Aldridge
Mills
west
anderson
Martin

Didnt bother with the rest..

Please if you are an average casual mainstream fan...dont bother posting here. Id like this thread to be quality post only..no mainstream takes

spurraider21
04-01-2016, 04:46 PM
yeah, i love manu, but there's no way aldridge is more easily replaceable at this point

Chinook
04-01-2016, 05:08 PM
My list:

Duncan: Just really can't replace his defense and intangibles.
Kawhi: Has a few peers in Butler and George, but he has better versatility
LMA: Jump-shooting bigs aren't rare anymore, but those who can also play in the post are.
Manu: The play-making two-guard isn't too rare, especially with two-PG lineups being a thing. But his play-making is above that of his peers like Iggy
Green: Three-and-D players aren't rare, but they are still extremely valuable, and Danny is the best of them in terms of upside, defense and gravity. The team could get by without him, but it would take some luck.
Diaw: Point-fours aren't as rare as they used to to be, but Boris' ability to play in the post is extremely useful. Few do it better.
Bonner: Legit stretch-bigs are still rare, but obviously Bonner sucks.
Anderson: In his prime, he'll be at the top of this list. He's too inconsistent to have a ton of on-court value right now.
Parker: He's caught between roles, and right now, there are enough people who do both parts better than he does.
Boban: Size isn't replaceable, but he doesn't have a big enough of a role to fret about replacing it.
West: Jump-shooting big yawn. Love the intangibles, but the Spurs better hope he's not their best PF next season.
Mills: Three-point shooting small guard. Dime a dozen. Great value with his intangibles, but the team will probalby have to move on in the near future.
Miller: Pass-first PGs are rare, but old-as-dirt ones don't have a ton of value.
Simmons: D-leaguers gonna d-league.
Martin: Sucks.

apalisoc_9
04-01-2016, 09:05 PM
My list:

LMA: Jump-shooting bigs aren't rare anymore, but those who can also play in the post are.
Manu: The play-making two-guard isn't too rare, especially with two-PG lineups being a thing. But his play-making is above that of his peers like Iggy
Green: Three-and-D players aren't rare, but they are still extremely valuable, and Danny is the best of them in terms of upside, defense and gravity. The team could get by without him, but it would take some luck.
Diaw: Point-fours aren't as rare as they used to to be, but Boris' ability to play in the post is extremely useful. Few do it better.
Anderson: In his prime, he'll be at the top of this list. He's too inconsistent to have a ton of on-court value right now.
Parker: He's caught between roles, and right now, there are enough people who do both parts better than he does.
Boban: Size isn't replaceable, but he doesn't have a big enough of a role to fret about replacing it.
West: Jump-shooting big yawn. Love the intangibles, but the Spurs better hope he's not their best PF next season.
Mills: Three-point shooting small guard. Dime a dozen. Great value with his intangibles, but the team will probalby have to move on in the near future.
Miller: Pass-first PGs are rare, but old-as-dirt ones don't have a ton of value.

Did you consider their contracts? I had LMA lower because of salary and his age relative to kawhis age. I guess one flaw we had is that we just assumed another big can be had at his salary and younger. Totally forgot about the raising cap.

Ill revisit my ranking later when I get a chance to be on my phone

sananspursfan21
04-01-2016, 10:39 PM
"Mainstream and casual fan don't post here". Whatcha gonna do to stop em?

Spurtacular
04-01-2016, 10:40 PM
The guy who threw multiple tantrums saying Kawhi should leave the Spurs is making this thread....

:lmao

Spurtacular
04-01-2016, 10:44 PM
So I was talking to a buddy of mine about Danny Green and how valuable he is to them because of the lack of alternatives. And we decided to rank players based soley on their value with replacement as the main and only factor....Salary in mind of courrse since that is the biggest thing when talking about value with replacement in mind. We ended up with.

Kawhi
Danny
Manu Ginobili
Tim Duncan
Diaw
Lamarcus Aldridge
Mills
west
anderson
Martin

Didnt bother with the rest..

Please if you are an average casual mainstream fan...dont bother posting here. Id like this thread to be quality post only..no mainstream takes

Dude, you can't even calibrate your own bull shit. If you say LMA should be deferring to Parker, then it goes to reason that Parker would be higher than him on the list and not completely off it.

weeks
04-01-2016, 10:47 PM
I'm posting here and there's nothing you can do to stop me :( :(

K...
04-01-2016, 10:48 PM
it's cute apo thinks he has an irl friend.

Spurtacular
04-01-2016, 10:48 PM
My list:

Kawhi: Has a few peers in Butler and George, but he has better versatility.

For all your knowledge, this is why you're a pretty shitty analyst at the end of the day. No, Tim, a guy who could be done any day now, is not more valuable than 24 year old superstar Kawhi Leonard.

weeks
04-01-2016, 10:51 PM
For all your knowledge, this is why you're a pretty shitty analyst at the end of the day. No, Tim, a guy who could be done any day now, is not more valuable than 24 year old superstar Kawhi Leonard.
Maybe just maybe it's based on salary you Mormon fucknut

apalisoc_9
04-01-2016, 10:52 PM
Duncan has a legit argument for replacement value because butler has a somewhat zimilar contract than Kawhi. The difference is thag Chinook actually understands the question in hand, and you dont.

This is why I wanted to make sure casuals dont post here...they almost always ruin legit basketball discussions.

hater
04-01-2016, 10:55 PM
LMAlpha - he's more unique than kawhi. Yes that's right.
Kawhi
Parker
Duncan
West
Diaw
Manu
Mills
Green
Miller

honestfool84
04-01-2016, 10:56 PM
Of course Parker didn't make your list... :lol

Spurtacular
04-01-2016, 10:58 PM
My list:LMA: Jump-shooting bigs aren't rare anymore, but those who can also play in the post are.

And looking at the rest; LMA is ahead of TD provided LMA doesn't go full diva on us. That is pretty obvious.

Mills is like the best back-up PG in the league and playing for a poultry three mil and yet he's "a dime a dozen." :lmao:

Boban is a beast. That's pretty obvious. Spurs will want to keep him if the cost is reasonable.

West is shooting a career high 55 FG; he's obviously a great fit and coming off the bench and accepting a limited roll. Why the f would the Spurs need to "hope" he's not here?

Anderson: "In his prime, he'll be at the top of this list. :lmao: And you're the one that questioned if I was a troll in the off season!

Your comments on Manu, Green, Diaw are within reason. Their positioning on the list could be argued; but no need to quibble really.

Spurtacular
04-01-2016, 10:59 PM
Maybe just maybe it's based on salary

That still doesn't matter for sh**. You think they'd get rid of Kawhi and keep Tim in the name of salary in any circumstance what so fucking ever, you fucknut.

Spurtacular
04-01-2016, 11:01 PM
Duncan has a legit argument for replacement value because butler has a somewhat zimilar contract than Kawhi. The difference is thag Chinook actually understands the question in hand, and you dont.

This is why I wanted to make sure casuals dont post here...they almost always ruin legit basketball discussions.

Shut it.

Mnky
04-01-2016, 11:54 PM
Duncan is definitely at the top. You're not replacing his skillet with the money he makes, unless you get a ring chaser willing to take the min. Kawhi is next and then LMA. LMA has outplayed the rest of the bigs in the nba while learning a new system that WASNT designed around them. His quick pickup to the system is about as historic as this season tbh.

Danny, manu, and diaw follow. Parker leads the next group.

ElNono
04-01-2016, 11:59 PM
how about vanilla fans, tbh?

GSH
04-02-2016, 12:02 AM

LOL... what he means is, he doesn't want to hear from the kind of fans who think he's a fucking tool, and that the whole premise for the thread is stupid.

So I'm not going to comment.

apalisoc_9
04-02-2016, 03:54 AM

Dang..vanilla fans are the worst

will_spurs
04-02-2016, 04:23 AM
So apo apparently thinks he isn't a mainstream, casual fan. Cute.

lil'mo
04-02-2016, 08:34 AM
So I was talking to a buddy of mine

:lmao

dabom
04-02-2016, 08:53 AM
Dang..vanilla fans are the worst

SAGirl
04-02-2016, 12:23 PM
I like Chinooks list except the Bonner rating. He's too high. Yeah he's min contract and probably high on the locker room chemistry, but he doesn't bring much that helps anymore. A 15th man in the league should not be higher than guys with a role in the team. I know for Chinook it is the shooting for a guy in the 15th spot is not easy to find, but no I'd get Bertans here for that role and be happy with the trade.

SpursBig3s
04-02-2016, 01:06 PM
My list:

SpurPadre
04-02-2016, 01:43 PM

I'm not sure he was going in any particular order and instead just describing each player's contributing factors.

Spurtacular
04-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Did you consider their contracts? I had LMA lower because of salary and his age relative to kawhis age. I guess one flaw we had is that we just assumed another big can be had at his salary and younger. Totally forgot about the raising cap.

Ill revisit my ranking later when I get a chance to be on my phone

Oh, we'll all be waiting with bated breath.