JohnnyMax
04-02-2016, 12:50 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDr6vuHoC1O/

apalisoc_9
04-02-2016, 12:52 AM
Disgusting..

bdictjames
04-02-2016, 12:57 AM
Why was the ref shaking his head? Was he just disgusted on how he was playing to the scheme of the league?

TrainOfThought5
04-02-2016, 12:58 AM
theres a vine out there of this, if anyone wants to find and post it.

Gutter92
04-02-2016, 12:58 AM
Why was the ref shaking his head? Was he just disgusted on how he was playing to the scheme of the league?

Lmao probably

GSH
04-02-2016, 01:00 AM
How does that not draw a whistle? Look at the ref at the top of the screen. He's looking right at it. Then he raises his palms and shakes his head like he can't believe it. So there's no doubt he sees it. He just decided not to blow that whistle in his mouth. They just handed GS a chance to make another late 3-pointer to send yet another game to OT.

And the NBA wonders why there are conspiracy theories. That's fucking unforgivable.

daslicer
04-02-2016, 01:01 AM
Draymond gets to play by a different set of rules especially on defense he's allowed to do defensive tactics that have been outlawed by the rule books since the early '00s. He's the typical role player whose allowed to get away with a lot of shit simply because he plays on the flashiest team in the league.

Kawhitstorm
04-02-2016, 01:17 AM
That can actually pass for "incidental contact" b/c Smart basically run into him, this is nothing compared to the arm bar on Amir.:lol

InRareForm
04-02-2016, 01:18 AM
He is ready for the NFL

JohnnyMax
04-02-2016, 02:06 AM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/b/b1/350x700px-LL-b1f610aa_CfA0Lm_WIAAr2cZ.jpeg

SAGirl
04-02-2016, 02:49 AM
How does that not draw a whistle? Look at the ref at the top of the screen. He's looking right at it. Then he raises his palms and shakes his head like he can't believe it. So there's no doubt he sees it. He just decided not to blow that whistle in his mouth. They just handed GS a chance to make another late 3-pointer to send yet another game to OT.

And the NBA wonders why there are conspiracy theories. That's fucking unforgivable.
This^

apalisoc_9
04-02-2016, 02:56 AM
Looks like incidental contact.

Obstructed_View
04-02-2016, 02:57 AM
The first one looked like incidental contact, but if you fucking put your shoulder into a guy, lift him off the floor and throw him onto the court while setting a pick, I have to think that's some kind of violation.

Mikeanaro
04-02-2016, 03:07 AM
Warrefs.

TheGreatYacht
04-02-2016, 03:27 AM

Mal
04-02-2016, 04:24 AM
Lmao, it wasnt incidental contact. He targeted Smart to get Curry open

cutewizard
04-02-2016, 04:38 AM
fuck that gs shit

will_spurs
04-02-2016, 04:52 AM
He definitely has a future in the NFL.

DarrinS
04-02-2016, 07:26 AM
Lol, isn't that the dude that punched Bonner in the balls?

SouthernFried
04-02-2016, 07:36 AM
That wasn't incidental contact. He got into a lineman's 3-point stance and exploded into Smart. Excellent blocking technique...for an offensive lineman.

Shastafarian
04-02-2016, 08:02 AM

The ref is shaking his head because Luke Walton stands up and begs for a foul call on the first contact with Turner, which was incidental. The contact with Smart is absolutely an offensive foul. I suppose the ref didn't call the second as a "make up" for not kowtowing to Walton on the initial contact with Turner.

Raven
04-02-2016, 08:18 AM
this was sad. he fouled 5 times in the last minute, got 0 calls. pathetic. That stolen ball on the floor was even more ridiculous. well, kinda..

GSH
04-02-2016, 08:20 AM
The ref is shaking his head because Luke Walton stands up and begs for a foul call on the first contact with Turner, which was incidental. The contact with Smart is absolutely an offensive foul. I suppose the ref didn't call the second as a "make up" for not kowtowing to Walton on the initial contact with Turner.

Well other than the fact that he doesn't make the gesture until after Draymond has lifted Smart on his shoulder. After Smart has hit the floor. And after the inbound pass is on it's way to Green. Plus the fact that he isn't paying ANY attention to Walton - he's looking at the dumbshit ref on the other side of the court who is busy counting out 5-seconds, and not watching the play. I mean, other than all that? Thanks for setting me straight.

Notice that he STILL hasn't made the palms-up gesture?
http://i64.tinypic.com/169fb84.jpg

Raven
04-02-2016, 08:20 AM
it can't be incidental contact when one starts from the floor, you need to be going regularly on your own path for it to be incidental

Shastafarian
04-02-2016, 08:26 AM
Well other than the fact that he doesn't make the gesture until after Draymond has lifted Smart on his shoulder. After Smart has hit the floor. And after the inbound pass is on it's way to Green. Plus the fact that he isn't paying ANY attention to Walton - he's looking at the dumbshit ref on the other side of the court who is busy counting out 5-seconds, and not watching the play. I mean, other than all that? Thanks for setting me straight.

Notice that he STILL hasn't made the palms-up gesture?
http://i64.tinypic.com/169fb84.jpg
:lol Man did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something? Walton is still talking to the ref when the second contact happens. The ref is pretty clearly responding to someone/something on the Warriors bench. I would sure as shit hope he wouldn't turn to face someone yelling at him. His response is to Walton or possibly someone else on the Warriors bench as it comes right after Walton gets up and begins yelling/gesturing. I'm sorry if perception isn't your strong suit.

So you're right in one sense. The non-call on contact #2 isn't a makeup. The ref probably was distracted by Walton.

GSH
04-02-2016, 08:47 AM
it can't be incidental contact when one starts from the floor, you need to be going regularly on your own path for it to be incidental

And, no, that has nothing to do with whether it is incidental. The play was for Green to come across and set a (moving) pick for Klay. But Turner slips and slides into his legs. While not intentional, that contact COULD have been called against Turner. Just because it's not intentional, doesn't mean it's "incidental contact" per the rules.

Green hits the floor and KNOWS that his screen is necessary to get Klay the shot they want, so he very clearly gets up to make the pick he was supposed to make in the first place. He moves directly into Smart - he didn't just make incidental contact as he was trying to do something else on the floor. He's making the pick that the play called for.

From the NBA rulebook: "A screen or pick is when an offensive player gets to a legal position on the court in the path of a defender for the purpose of slowing down the defender or making him change direction."... "You cannot just jump in front of a player at the last second."

If Green had kept his feet, he still would likely have made an illegal screen that just wouldn't have gotten called. Because that's what they do. But because he was taken out of the play, he has to get up off the floor and make his contact with Smart, and he can't be as subtle. If you look really closely, he's up off the floor and his feet are inside the 3P line. Then he steps with his right foot to get in front of Smart, and he is well outside the circle. Nothing about that is incidental contact.

jyra
04-02-2016, 08:57 AM
Here is a video with a second angle: https://streamable.com/frg4

You can clearly see Green planting his knee in the path of Smart there. I'm looking forward to see the Last Two Minute Report (http://official.nba.com/nba-last-two-minute-reports-archive/) on this one.

GSH
04-02-2016, 09:02 AM
:lol Man did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something? Walton is still talking to the ref when the second contact happens. The ref is pretty clearly responding to someone/something on the Warriors bench. I would sure as shit hope he wouldn't turn to face someone yelling at him. His response is to Walton or possibly someone else on the Warriors bench as it comes right after Walton gets up and begins yelling/gesturing. I'm sorry if perception isn't your strong suit.

So you're right in one sense. The non-call on contact #2 isn't a makeup. The ref probably was distracted by Walton.

Well I don't have the luxury of being a fucking psychic, like you. So you're saying that the ref is so distracted by Luke Walton, who is behind and 10 feet away from him, yelling in the middle of all the crowd noise? That's why he missed a call on the floor?

I guess you're right. There's so much that normal human perception doesn't register. The NBA should issue the refs some fucking ear-plugs, so they can block out Luke Walton.

Come to think of it... that must be why Golden State gets by with so many moving screens. That fucking Luke Walton is distracting all the refs. And there's no way for non-psychics to detect it. It's brilliant!

GSH
04-02-2016, 09:11 AM
Crickets. Shasta is burning up brain cells trying to come up with a witty riposte, but can't figure out a way to explain how Luke Walton's voice in a crowd could distract an NBA ref to the point of missing a call.

Josh810
04-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Notice how Curry also falls for no reason as he releases that three :lol

I would have gone crazy if he got that call.

Old School 44
04-02-2016, 09:25 AM
I actually think the woman in white is wondering how can Marcus Smart just run into poor Draymond. That's why the palms up, shake your head, no call by the official. That was an illegal screen that wasn't called. A foul is a foul, whether it happens at the beginning or the last few seconds of the game. Most officials just don't have the balls to call it, especially against the home team. The official took the position that a lot of them take at the end of close games, "swallow my whistle, let the players decide the game".

100%duncan
04-02-2016, 09:38 AM
The sweeter thing was that faggot missing a 3

Old School 44
04-02-2016, 09:45 AM
Doesn't the league still do a review/report on calls in the last two minutes of games? It would be interesting to see how they view this game.

ceperez
04-02-2016, 09:47 AM
I thought first it was incidental contact, but watching the closeup, that was an illegal screen.

All Mighty Janitor
04-02-2016, 09:50 AM
I thought first it was incidental contact, but watching the closeup, that was an illegal screen.
At the very least

SupremeGuy
04-02-2016, 09:51 AM
The refs tried so fucking hard to give the Warriors the win, tbh. It was beautiful when their best efforts weren't enough... :lol

Russo21
04-02-2016, 10:01 AM
WTF Green bowls 2 Celtics over NFL style and doesn't get called? Curry flopping on the 3 attempt to? Fuckers!

Spurs9
04-02-2016, 10:34 AM
Wish he would attempt that against David West tbh

hater
04-02-2016, 10:35 AM
Lmao that wasn't a tackle. Why are spursfans acting so emo?

lilbthebasedgod
04-02-2016, 11:08 AM
It was on accident. Dude was falling down as is.

peacemaker885
04-02-2016, 11:09 AM
Flagrant.

Budkin
04-02-2016, 12:45 PM
Unfuckingbelivable. Warriors this year :lol

RD2191
04-02-2016, 12:46 PM
The humble Draymond Green:cry:cry
http://www.totalprosports.com/2016/04/02/draymond-green-to-avery-bradley-fck-what-you-talking-about-btch-a-nia-video/

tbdog
04-02-2016, 12:48 PM
this was sad. he fouled 5 times in the last minute, got 0 calls. pathetic. That stolen ball on the floor was even more ridiculous. well, kinda..

The commentators actually say something like, 'Green throws Johnston to the ground.'

Kidd K
04-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Lmao that wasn't a tackle. Why are spursfans acting so emo?

You're right, it was a pro wrestling move called the "back body drop". Doesn't make it any better though.

As for why they're "acting emo", I would assume because they don't feel like watching another ref-assisted Lakers or Thunder-esque playoff series?

JohnnyMax
04-02-2016, 01:05 PM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-02-2016/EHGJ0K.gif

Raven
04-02-2016, 01:20 PM

yeah, that was one :lol

sexinthatsx
04-02-2016, 01:24 PM
Man the more I see these clips the more I want someone to knock Draymond Green out

daslicer
04-02-2016, 01:40 PM
Man the more I see these clips the more I want someone to knock Draymond Green out

This needs to happen to Draymond.
a550n_V_3-E

or this
Gifb_Q_Ag_E

sexinthatsx
04-02-2016, 02:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh1wjGzNuQA

MWP should've taken him out when he had the chance tbh

Thread
04-02-2016, 02:18 PM

Can't handle your own wet work, eh.

Spurtacular
04-02-2016, 02:26 PM
That can actually pass for "incidental contact" b/c Smart basically run into him, this is nothing compared to the arm bar on Amir.:lol

Except that Green used his lowered his shoulder to f'ing flip him. That was a football play, not a basketball play; and frankly, even the NFL is cracking down hardcore on sh** like that.

dbestpro
04-02-2016, 02:38 PM
That was not a tackle. it was a chop block and would have been illegal in the NFL as well as the NBA.

Spurtacular
04-02-2016, 02:38 PM

The announcers were saying Gaymond got all ball and just ripped it away :lmao

Shastafarian
04-02-2016, 02:44 PM
Well I don't have the luxury of being a fucking psychic, like you. So you're saying that the ref is so distracted by Luke Walton, who is behind and 10 feet away from him, yelling in the middle of all the crowd noise? That's why he missed a call on the floor? Has nothing to do with being psychic. It has everything to do with actually watching the video. Ref didn't miss seeing anything but very obviously heard Walton yelling at him to call a foul. Or are you even denying that Walton stood up and yelled for a foul?

I guess you're right.Pretty sure I'm right

There's so much that normal human perception doesn't register. The NBA should issue the refs some fucking ear-plugs, so they can block out Luke Walton.Makes total sense. I guess when someone yells at you it's not distracting at all. Rofl crowd noise. Are you saying the ref didn't hear Luke Walton yell at him? Is this really your position?

Come to think of it... that must be why Golden State gets by with so many moving screens. That fucking Luke Walton is distracting all the refs. And there's no way for non-psychics to detect it. It's brilliant!:lol That stick is way up there huh? You think I'm a GS apologist or something? Ref missed the call. Walton yelled at him to call the first foul and he didn't call Raymond for the offensive foul. Why are you so butthurt?

Crickets. Shasta is burning up brain cells trying to come up with a witty riposte, but can't figure out a way to explain how Luke Walton's voice in a crowd could distract an NBA ref to the point of missing a call.
Actually I had to go to work. I don't spend hours trying to think of a response to a person who very obviously has a stick lodged up their ass.

baseline bum
04-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Can't handle your own wet work, eh.

They were selling your shit

james evans
04-02-2016, 06:09 PM
HE FLIPPED HIM OVER!!!!! how could that possibly pass for incidental contact?

Spurtacular
04-02-2016, 08:05 PM

Now that I look at it, that's a moving screen as well. The defender has the right to tail his guy unimpeded by another attacker moving into his path. The undercut is just what makes it a flagrant 2 basically. But yea, no fucking call.

Spurtacular
04-02-2016, 08:11 PM
The sweeter thing was that faggot missing a 3

The sweetest was Barnes not passing it to him for the open 3 and trying to go mega Michael Jordan while airballing it :lmao

100%duncan
04-02-2016, 08:11 PM
The sweetest was Barnes not passing it to him for the open 3 and trying to go mega Michael Jordan while airballing it :lmao

That too :lol

ffadicted
04-03-2016, 09:50 AM
Unbelievable the shit this team gets away with

DMC
04-03-2016, 12:15 PM

I watched it over and over and don't think he had time. Curry just missed a wide open look, had his opportunity.

If I'm them, I'm thinking championship and I put all this other shit behind me but you cannot catch every record all the time and still be sharp for the brass ring.

buttsR4rebounding
04-03-2016, 02:18 PM
I went back to the NBA's last two minute referee review. Since March 1st in games that they post (5 point spread or less at the 2 minute mark) the NBA front office says there have been 14 incorrect calls in Warriors games of this nature. 11 of the 14 were incorrectly called in the game to the Warriors favor. Interestingly, of the 11 where the Warrior player got away with something according to the league Green was the culprit on 7 of those. Unfortunately, Warriors cut the lead in the Celtics game to 4 with 1:56 to go so it was not at 5 points or less with 2 minutes to go and therefore wasn't released.

buttsR4rebounding
04-04-2016, 03:39 PM
Doesn't the league still do a review/report on calls in the last two minutes of games? It would be interesting to see how they view this game.

They only review the last 2 minutes if the game was 5 or closer at the 2 minute mark or if it goes to overtime. At the 2 minute mark Boston was up by 7. Thompson hit a 3 with 1:56 left to bring it to 4. Seems pretty stupid. At team up by 5 w/ 2 minutes can easily end up winning by 10. It should be if the score gets within 2 possessions in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Old School 44
04-04-2016, 05:10 PM
They only review the last 2 minutes if the game was 5 or closer at the 2 minute mark or if it goes to overtime. At the 2 minute mark Boston was up by 7. Thompson hit a 3 with 1:56 left to bring it to 4. Seems pretty stupid. At team up by 5 w/ 2 minutes can easily end up winning by 10. It should be if the score gets within 2 possessions in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Thanks for the info.
:bobo
I agree with you, that's pretty stupid.

FromWayDowntown
04-04-2016, 05:21 PM
It should be if the score gets within 2 possessions in the last 2 minutes of the game.

If the league wanted to go full transparency, it would give us the officiating reports for the each game for the entire game, but I suspect that there are a number of reasons they don't want to do that, and mostly those reports in a lot of games would be disregarded by most fans. It would be interesting, though, to see how the league views the correctness/incorrectness of still more calls.

At times, too, the L2M report criteria mean that games (like BOS @ GST) just miss being within the criteria and don't get reported, which is unfortunate.

Kawhitstorm
04-04-2016, 07:09 PM
OdUT3GPlGwU