PDA

View Full Version : TOP 10 players in the NBA (Kawhi and LMA inside!)

spursparker9
04-02-2016, 04:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uge4quD3gHU

GSH
04-02-2016, 07:59 AM
In B4 the meltdowns that Kawhi and LMA aren't 2 and 3. It's click-bait. They count on people hating it just as much as people loving it - to link to it and generate more hits. It's fucking googlie-eyed Chris Broussard. You know... the guy who insisted that Cuban was driving the streets of Houston, looking for DeAndre Jordan? Then had to issue a public apology for it? A stopped clock is right twice a day - Broussard less than half that.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/619255219386343424/Hc3m6lGn.jpg

apalisoc_9
04-02-2016, 09:26 AM
Lol at westbrook :lmao

Def dominos or lebron or kawhi for two. But its fair to put him at 5 since this is his first year though. I can understand the reluctance...in that case though, i would put durant at 2.

spursparker9
04-02-2016, 09:29 AM
So LMA is the best big man in the NBA?

Over Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins?

100%duncan
04-02-2016, 09:31 AM
lol westbrook durant lebron above kawhi, lol lillard being in the top 10 let alone being above aldridge

100%duncan
04-02-2016, 09:35 AM
So LMA is the best big man in the NBA?

Over Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins?

For me its between lma and a healthy griffin

Russo21
04-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Fair enough list and it's good to see LMA so high after his 'kinda slow' start to the season. Earlier I was wondering if the Spurs would somehow sneak 3 players in the All NBA Teams.

Kawhi should get 1st team All NBA but Durant and LeBron might get in his way. Aldridge could get 2nd or 3rd team All NBA and Duncan could sneak into 3rd Team All NBA? Duncan is tied with Kobe and Kareem with 15 all NBA Teams. Duncan sneaking in this year would get him to number 1 All Time which would be another awesome accomplishment.

I forgot if All NBA is divided into 2 guards, 2 forwards and 1 centre, or just 2 guards and 3 forwards? Heck I don't even know what position Duncan is listed at this year.

Who'd get in the way? Durant and LeBron of course, Drummond? Cousins? Green? Griffin and Davis are probably out of the question. I'm forgetting other names here if anyone wants to pitch in. LMA and Kawhi should be locks, the only question is which team they'll end up on. And fingers crossed for Timmy to get 16!

apalisoc_9
04-02-2016, 09:51 AM
I just realized how stupid the list is because its for the whole season

apalisoc_9
04-02-2016, 09:54 AM
For me its between lma and a healthy griffin

Sup bruh? I might visit the motherland in december with my negro woman..anything new i should be worried about?

100%duncan
04-02-2016, 09:55 AM
Sup bruh? I might visit the motherland in december with my negro woman..anything new i should be worried about?

Dont worry brother, by then, Duterte will be the president :smokin

Horse
04-02-2016, 11:12 AM
Dumb shit Stephen gay Smith stuttering all over his words.

SPURt
04-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Skip got it exactly right and destroyed Chris and his gimp SAS. Luckily for the Spurs opinions don't win championships.

SAGirl
04-02-2016, 12:11 PM
Kawhi behind Westbrook and Durant is unfair. We have a better record. As always the combination of what he does on the defensive end + his offense is the package. Underrated still IMO.

Arcadian
04-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Smith is such a stupid asshole. Skip really schooled him on this one.

Kikoluna
04-02-2016, 12:33 PM
How is curry 1? Wow. Lebron, Leonard, Russell, Durant are better. Amazing how espn is really pushing b this historical nonsense

Vito Corleone
04-02-2016, 12:36 PM
My list looks like this.

1. Steff Curry - He is the most dynamic player in the NBA right now.
2. Kawhi Leonard - Best two way player in the NBA
3. LeBron James - Age is starting to take it's toll.
4. Kevin Durrant - Still an offensive force, but weak defender.
5. Russell Westbrook - best point guard in the NBA
6. Demarcus Cousins - Best true big man, but needs to grow up.
7. LeMarcus Aldridge - Playing the best ball of his career
8. Paul George - Maybe could be higher with better talent around him.
9. Anthony Davis - Great post defender but still finding him offensive game.
10 James Harden - Actually think there is a strong case for him to be #5 on this list.

PopTheGOAT
04-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Skip got it exactly right and destroyed Chris and his gimp SAS. Luckily for the Spurs opinions don't win championships.
Well said

PopTheGOAT
04-02-2016, 03:15 PM
Kawhi behind Westbrook and Durant is unfair. We have a better record. As always the combination of what he does on the defensive end + his offense is the package. Underrated still IMO.
Seriously, if they are REALLY the 2nd and 4th best players in the world, then why can't they win? One can say,"because they play 'one on one' ball or 'take turns'" but that should also factor into their BBIQ. Winning and playing with the team says a lot about an individual's game IMO.

daslicer
04-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Amazing how bad the bigs are in the NBA right now that LMA is the only top 10 players that is a big.

SPURt
04-02-2016, 03:20 PM
Well said
:toast

KDKSpurs24
04-02-2016, 03:51 PM
My list looks like this.

1. Steff Curry - He is the most dynamic player in the NBA right now.
2. Kawhi Leonard - Best two way player in the NBA
3. LeBron James - Age is starting to take it's toll.
4. Kevin Durrant - Still an offensive force, but weak defender.
5. Russell Westbrook - best point guard in the NBA
6. Demarcus Cousins - Best true big man, but needs to grow up.
7. LeMarcus Aldridge - Playing the best ball of his career
8. Paul George - Maybe could be higher with better talent around him.
9. Anthony Davis - Great post defender but still finding him offensive game.
10 James Harden - Actually think there is a strong case for him to be #5 on this list.

This is not a top 10 players in the league ranking. This a "player power ranking" just like the power rankings for teams. It changes week to week. First Take should have done a better job explaining this.

Example: Anthony Davis has been shut down for the season so he wouldn't really be eligible for this list.

KDKSpurs24
04-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Seriously, if they are REALLY the 2nd and 4th best players in the world, then why can't they win? One can say,"because they play 'one on one' ball or 'take turns'" but that should also factor into their BBIQ. Winning and playing with the team says a lot about an individual's game IMO.
This is a player power rankings. It's week to week. Minus the lost to Detroit they have been playing well and Westbrook has been posting triple doubles. (If a team went 4-0 in a week that team would move up in a power rankings. Same for this list). Very understandable.

will_spurs
04-02-2016, 03:56 PM
This is a player power rankings. It's week to week. Minus the lost to Detroit they have been playing well and Westbrook has been posting triple doubles. (If a team went 4-0 in a week that team would move up in a power rankings. Same for this list). Very understandable.

In that case LMA would be third at most and the list wouldn't be called "Top 10 NBA players this season".

KDKSpurs24
04-02-2016, 04:03 PM
In that case LMA would be third at most and the list wouldn't be called "Top 10 NBA players this season".

No, no.. First Take did this on purpose. But did you not hear Stephen A.? He did a terrible job explaining but when he mentioned the "for the moment" part he was trying to refer to it as a week to week change(obviously).

Anyways, I knew someone would say this but I already knew about the new player rankings system. Broussard does this weekly.

Link: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15090956/russell-westbrook-passes-lebron-james-kevin-durant-chris-broussard-player-power-rankings-nba

- Also for the LMA question: He can't just jump to 3 if he was outside of the top 10 the previous week in a player rankings. Too high of a jump for anyone.

PopTheGOAT
04-02-2016, 04:08 PM
I get it, but having KD/WB ahead of Kawhi is a pretty common trend among talking heads regardless of what type on ranking style it is.

On another note, weekly team power rankings are stupid, but having weekly PLAYER rankings is just absurd.

KDKSpurs24
04-02-2016, 04:11 PM
I get it, but having KD/WB ahead of Kawhi is a pretty common trend among talking heads regardless of what type on ranking style it is.

On another note, weekly team power rankings are stupid, but having weekly PLAYER rankings is just absurd.
I agree with you. I'm just trying to clear this up. He's allowed to have an opinion just like we are even if we disagree. Either way, ESPN wins :lol

PopTheGOAT
04-02-2016, 04:16 PM
I agree with you. I'm just trying to clear this up. He's allowed to have an opinion just like we are even if we disagree. Either way, ESPN wins :lol
We're straight :toast

KDKSpurs24
04-02-2016, 04:19 PM
We're straight :toast
:toast

YGWHI
04-02-2016, 04:27 PM

Also, Kawhi's a more efficient scorer and has better defensive stats but all's about ppg.

Anyway, it's a big joke to have PG #10... a guy who can't shoot over 42 FG% in the season. :lol

GSH
04-02-2016, 04:32 PM

The problem is, in the month of March Steph Curry hasn't been the clear best player in the league. In fact, on the road he shot 28% from 3P, and 38% overall. He's getting credit for the whole season.

And if it's about what players have done lately, Hasan Whiteside should be on the list instead of Kyle Lowry. In March, he scored 18.3 PPG, shot 63% from the floor, 12 double-doubles, 13 boards per game, 3.3 blocks, and got 6+ FTA per game? Compare that to Kyle Lowry who had 22 PPG, but only shot 40% from the floor, and managed 3 double-doubles. Which one of those should be ahead in the "Power Rankings"?

So it's sort of a "Best player of the season, except sometimes it's adjusted for recent performance"? Yeah, that's a meaningful list.

KDKSpurs24
04-02-2016, 04:48 PM
The problem is, in the month of March Steph Curry hasn't been the clear best player in the league. In fact, on the road he shot 28% from 3P, and 38% overall. He's getting credit for the whole season.

And if it's about what players have done lately, Hasan Whiteside should be on the list instead of Kyle Lowry. In March, he scored 18.3 PPG, shot 63% from the floor, 12 double-doubles, 13 boards per game, 3.3 blocks, and got 6+ FTA per game? Compare that to Kyle Lowry who had 22 PPG, but only shot 40% from the floor, and managed 3 double-doubles. Which one of those should be ahead in the "Power Rankings"?

So it's sort of a "Best player of the season, except sometimes it's adjusted for recent performance"? Yeah, that's a meaningful list.

I never said the list was meaningful. I don't fully agree with his list. He based it on the criteria he wanted to use. When it comes down to it, the list is his opinion just like we all have ours. We use our own criteria. What's meaningful to you is meaningful to you. What's meaningful to him it's what's meaningful to him.

Besides, I'm sure he didn't want to deal with the constant grilling it would come with if he didn't have Steph at 1 :lol

Vito Corleone
04-02-2016, 04:54 PM
This is not a top 10 players in the league ranking. This a "player power ranking" just like the power rankings for teams. It changes week to week. First Take should have done a better job explaining this.

Example: Anthony Davis has been shut down for the season so he wouldn't really be eligible for this list.

No, it is who I think are the top 10 players in the NBA, I'm not interested in a list of who is hot and who isn't. My opinion, my list.

KDKSpurs24
04-02-2016, 05:31 PM
No, it is who I think are the top 10 players in the NBA, I'm not interested in a list of who is hot and who isn't. My opinion, my list.

I wasn't questioning your opinion. I knew what you were doing. But when making a list then it would have been best to include that you weren't going by the same rules as in the video of the thread. Or that you understood the rankings BUT you were gonna make your top 10 players list instead.

ego
04-02-2016, 05:40 PM
It's a joke Westbrook, Paul, Liliard before Parker ?