PDA

View Full Version : Horace and Pete

leemajors
04-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Anyone else watching this? Pretty good stuff, Alda is great in it.

SpursforSix
04-02-2016, 12:07 PM

First time I've heard of it. Is there a way to watch with Amazon Fire?

leemajors
04-02-2016, 01:39 PM
First time I've heard of it. Is there a way to watch with Amazon Fire?

You can stream off his site or download. Firs ep is $5, rest are $2-3

baseline bum
06-30-2016, 06:22 PM
This is about the most angry show I have seen. Everyone is just constantly at each other's throats. Uncle Pete has to be about the biggest prick I can think of from a series. Episode 3 is really crazy though, Roseanne's sister gives a hell of a performance confessing how she fucks her husband's 84 year-old father and how she won't stop doing it until she gets caught.

baseline bum
06-30-2016, 06:39 PM

Sell me on it. What do you find interesting about this show? I'm a huge Louis CK fan and he has an allstar cast around him, but I can't find a character I like or care anything about after watching the first five episodes. When Uncle Pete killed himself I didn't care, I thought it was for the better. He was a bitter old man who could never be wrong and seemed to live only to bully Horace. Horace is so fixated on this stupid tradition of this bar that has seemingly done nothing but breed misery for 100 years and he's choosing it over his fucking sister? And then the sister is so manipulative I almost start thinking fuck her, I kind of want Horace to keep the place now. The way Horace's daughter speaks to him, it's disgusting. I don't see the charm in this show. Without telling me anything that happens in Episode 6 and beyond, what am I missing here? Episode 3 is the only one I have liked so far, that was pretty original doing an entire episode about a single conversation.

leemajors
07-04-2016, 08:31 AM
Sell me on it. What do you find interesting about this show? I'm a huge Louis CK fan and he has an allstar cast around him, but I can't find a character I like or care anything about after watching the first five episodes. When Uncle Pete killed himself I didn't care, I thought it was for the better. He was a bitter old man who could never be wrong and seemed to live only to bully Horace. Horace is so fixated on this stupid tradition of this bar that has seemingly done nothing but breed misery for 100 years and he's choosing it over his fucking sister? And then the sister is so manipulative I almost start thinking fuck her, I kind of want Horace to keep the place now. The way Horace's daughter speaks to him, it's disgusting. I don't see the charm in this show. Without telling me anything that happens in Episode 6 and beyond, what am I missing here? Episode 3 is the only one I have liked so far, that was pretty original doing an entire episode about a single conversation.

I was kinda fascinated by how shitty everyone was. My roommate hated it, especially the theme song.

baseline bum
07-04-2016, 08:56 AM
I was kinda fascinated by how shitty everyone was. My roommate hated it, especially the theme song.

Boy that is a fucked up ending. Especially seeing young Horace looking like he's going to take over the bar.

leemajors
07-04-2016, 10:49 AM
Boy that is a fucked up ending. Especially seeing young Horace looking like he's going to take over the bar.

Yeah that was pretty shocking.