PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Pippen: 96 Bulls would SWEPT 2016 Warriors

spursparker9
04-02-2016, 07:20 PM
As the Warriors get closer to passing the 1995-96 Bulls’ regular-season wins record, somebody came up with the novel, never-before-done idea of asking a prominent member of that Bulls team whether they would win a series with Golden State. This time, it was Scottie Pippen, and you’re not going to believe this, but he thinks his team would win. He also thinks if he guarded Stephen Curry, he would hold him under 20 points.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/04/02/scottie-pippen-says-96-bulls-would-sweet-warriors-he-would-hold-stephen-curry-under-20/?cid=Yahoo

LkrFan
04-02-2016, 07:24 PM
He's right.

baseline bum
04-02-2016, 07:27 PM
He's right.

Were you one of those Laker fans cheering Jordan in the 91 Finals? :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xx3gGMY8cE

RsxPiimp
04-02-2016, 07:27 PM
wouldn't doubt them and it has nothing to do with nostalgia.

LkrFan
04-02-2016, 07:28 PM
Were you one of those Laker fans cheering Jordan in the 91 Finals? :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xx3gGMY8cE

No.

LkrFan
04-02-2016, 07:32 PM
wouldn't doubt them and it has nothing to do with nostalgia.
They were a defensive juggernaut. 3 1st team all defenders on the same team. Randy Brown was a Doberman too. They would pound this Dub team. I think their 10 losses were by like 11 total points. Insane.

Spurtacular
04-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Bulls would win b/c they have the more marketable more athletic star in a bigger market; and the officiating would thusly benefit the Bulls.

Silver&Black
04-02-2016, 08:17 PM
96 Bulls in 6 IMO.

Reck
04-02-2016, 08:20 PM
They would. And more than win, thy would get in their heads so badly they wouldn't stand it and probably quit.

These Warriors squad is so weak minded is not even funny. They would break.

RsxPiimp
04-02-2016, 08:44 PM
They were a defensive juggernaut. 3 1st team all defenders on the same team. Randy Brown was a Doberman too. They would pound this Dub team. I think their 10 losses were by like 11 total points. Insane.

yeah^

wardell amazing as he is can be easily rattled...by the right individual. we've seen delly do that. no doubt mj and pippen would get into his head.

rodman and green would be an amazing match up too

UNT Eagles 2016
04-02-2016, 10:56 PM
yeah^

wardell amazing as he is can be easily rattled...by the right individual. we've seen delly do that. no doubt mj and pippen would get into his head.

rodman and green would be an amazing match up too
Can Danny Green or Kevin Martin do that, tbh?

RsxPiimp
04-02-2016, 11:13 PM

:lmao sorry no, them boys are grade A cucks tbh

apalisoc_9
04-02-2016, 11:29 PM
The 96 bulls would lose to today Atlanta Hawks.

The 90s was deficient of talent so the Bulls took whatever

Warriors would have 10 peated in the 90s.

SpursDynasty
04-02-2016, 11:31 PM
The Bulls and MJ were a household name. Stephen Curry is known around the world to maybe one-fourth of the people that MJ was known to around the world. Stephen Curry is not a household name.

daslicer
04-02-2016, 11:35 PM

No they wouldn't especially under the hand checking rules they would suffer greatly.

Reck
04-02-2016, 11:48 PM

Apalisoc bads.

apalisoc_9
04-02-2016, 11:52 PM
Apalisoc bads.

Nostalgia response

MultiTroll
04-03-2016, 12:02 AM
What does Kerr say?

PopTheGOAT
04-03-2016, 12:16 AM
Danny Green already has this season tbh

Biggems
04-03-2016, 12:20 AM
Bulls would win b/c they have the more marketable more athletic star in a bigger market; and the officiating would thusly benefit the Bulls.

You mean like how the warriors get away with everything aside from murder out there. Green never gets called for the numerous moving screens he does throughout the game. Curry gets away with carrying, traveling, and flopping.

The bulls win because of their defense if they play by 90s rules. They win via offense if using today's rules, cause no one will be allowed to touch Jordan, pippen, or harper. Rodman would dominate the glass even more.

Kidd K
04-03-2016, 12:21 AM
Apalisoc bads.

He wasn't even alive for Jordan's rings so no surprise his 90's takes are so shitty. Have never seen him with a single good 90's take.

daslicer
04-03-2016, 12:25 AM
You mean like how the warriors get away with everything aside from murder out there. Green never gets called for the numerous moving screens he does throughout the game. Curry gets away with carrying, traveling, and flopping.

The bulls win because of their defense if they play by 90s rules. They win via offense if using today's rules, cause no one will be allowed to touch Jordan, pippen, or harper. Rodman would dominate the glass even more.

:toast This is pretty accurate

Biggems
04-03-2016, 12:25 AM

Those pussies in oakland would have been gored gangbang style by the 90s bulls......especially the 2nd 3peat. MJ and crew would have closed out those little pretty bitches with a bukake so massive it would have made the Japanese bow in respect.

midnightpulp
04-03-2016, 12:28 AM

:lol No.

As I've said before in this comparison, the Bulls are perfectly built to defend modern offenses that spam pick-n-rolls and use a lot of ball movement. Rodman at Center, Kukoc as a stretch 4, Pippen at 3, and Jordan at 2 would match up well the Warriors "Death squad," and they could switch on everything rather easily without being badly crossmatched. Jordan and Pippen would also wreak havoc in the passing lanes.

Warriors probably win the series, though, since the Bulls depth goes to shit after that, but they would test the Warriors.

One thing is for sure is that they would destroy the shitty Hawks.

Russo21
04-03-2016, 12:36 AM
Damn Jordan and Pippen just keep living in the past. Who the hell knows what would have happened, the game, rules and dimensions have changed since his days.

Biggems
04-03-2016, 12:44 AM
Damn Jordan and Pippen just keep living in the past. Who the hell knows what would have happened, the game, rules and dimensions have changed since his days.

Jordan was basically unstoppable when the rules allowed mugging opponents. He would be scoring in the 40s or 50s night after night in today's game.

JohnnyMax
04-03-2016, 01:56 AM
http://oi68.tinypic.com/2rxz515.jpg

ffadicted
04-03-2016, 09:49 AM
Bulls in 5. Reality is the NBA just fucking blows this year

lefty
04-03-2016, 10:01 AM
Bulls in 4 easily

It wouldnt take much to get MJ going tbh....just taking 1 look at Raymond Screen's open mouth and he would be pissed :lol

:lol thinking the Warriors would beat them

Russo21
04-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Jordan was basically unstoppable when the rules allowed mugging opponents. He would be scoring in the 40s or 50s night after night in today's game.
They are both fuckwits though. Wasn't it some time in 2002 or 03 or whatever that both of them said if the Bulls stayed together they'd still be winning Championships? I think the Spurs with TD/DROB & the Lakers with Shaq/Kobe woulda had something to say about that. They never met monsters like that in the finals. They have to let go finally and enjoy this moment and what other teams are doing in the 2010s instead of living in the 1990s.

As mentioned the game has changed so much. The 98 Bulls made 311/962 3PT/FG 32%. The 2016 Warriors have made 995/2392 3PT/FG 41%. Curry has made 369 3 pointers this year, more than the entire Bulls team combined in 98. And as a team the Warriors have hit more than 3 times the amount the Bulls did in 98. Like I said, the game has changed greatly, whether it be rule changes or just altered styles and mindsets, or shit defences.

It's almost impossible to say how the greats of yesteryear would fare today and how the greats of today would have fared in the rough and tumble 80s and 90s. The game changes. And the great debate on whose team or generation was better ends with the answer 'nobody will ever know' But for the Bulls it's been 20 years since their 72-10 season. Respect the past, appreciate the present and vice versa to that.

TDMVPDPOY
04-03-2016, 10:40 AM
72-10...beating up expansion teams or today beating up against tank job teams who already gave up on day 1 of season opener...and t hers a handful of those bs repeated offending tanking teams

DMC
04-03-2016, 10:50 AM
Lakers fans up in here not talking about the Lakers. Totally shocking tbh.

AlexJones
04-03-2016, 11:09 AM
Kawhi Leonard would make MJ his bitch tbqh

apalisoc_9
04-03-2016, 11:25 AM
90s, where expansion teams happen. Lol

Koolaid_Man
04-03-2016, 11:30 AM
Kawhi Leonard would make MJ his bitch tbqh

You mean the dude that scratches his head causing his tongue to react :lol...like that spot that a dog scratches that causes their leg to go crazy.....:lol you talkin bout dat dude....:lol

https://youtube/xEv8cQW1Lzs

Koolaid_Man
04-03-2016, 11:43 AM
:lol No.

As I've said before in this comparison, the Bulls are perfectly built to defend modern offenses that spam pick-n-rolls and use a lot of ball movement. Rodman at Center, Kukoc as a stretch 4, Pippen at 3, and Jordan at 2 would match up well the Warriors "Death squad," and they could switch on everything rather easily without being badly crossmatched. Jordan and Pippen would also wreak havoc in the passing lanes.

Warriors probably win the series, though, since the Bulls depth goes to shit after that, but they would test the Warriors.

One thing is for sure is that they would destroy the shitty Hawks.

:lol y'all crack me up....I just love it when non basketball people such as yourself try to engage in real basketball discussion...

#fail tbh.....:lol

The Bulls were perfectly built to defend all offenses not just modern ones....its why they won 6 titles and would have won 8 straight had the mafia not forced Dad Killer to play baseball for 2 yrs...:lol

The Dubs winning the series goes against the entire point you tried to make...all that shit you you typed but understand none of it..:lol

Defense..thats the key....just like MJ said when he shitted on Lebron... So Who Is Lebron guarding was MJ's point....its a weaker league by far...

But let me walk you through this since you have no idea what the fuck your talking about...

MJ guards Curry....does Curry, Clay, Iggy, or Barnes guard MJ....especially in the post where MJ mind fucked the shit out of opponents with his fade-aways and lethal low post game....tell me O wise one who guards MJ....:lol

Does Draymond Green out hustle Dennis Fucking Rodman.....:lol yeah let me see you try to sell that shit :lol

And what about Pip....who guards him....:lol

Yeah the Dubs starting front would be fouled out after 2 quarters of play....:lol

TDMVPDPOY
04-03-2016, 11:58 AM
:lol y'all crack me up....I just love it when non basketball people such as yourself try to engage in real basketball discussion...

The Bulls were perfectly built to defend all offenses not just modern ones....its why they won 6 titles and would have won 8 straight had the mafia not forced Dad Killer to play baseball for 2 yrs...:lol

The Dubs winning the series goes against the entire point you tried to make...all that shit you you typed but understand none of it..:lol

Defense..thats the key....just like MJ said when he shitted on Lebron... So Who Is Lebron guarding was MJ's point....its a weaker league by far...

But let me walk you through this since you have no idea what the fuck your talking about...

MJ guards Curry....does Curry, Clay, Iggy, or Barnes guard MJ....especially in the post where MJ mind fucked the shit out of opponents with his fade-aways and lethal low post game....tell me O wise one who guards MJ....:lol

Does Draymond Green out hustle Dennis Fucking Rodman.....:lol yeah let me see you try to sell that shit :lol

Yeah the Dubs starting front would be fouled out after 2 quarters of play....:lol

LOL PIPPEN MOST OVERRATED POS, u can chuck anybody on him, his not a goto guy..yeh he was good in 94/95 when jordan was out the year, but still, pippen is not a volume offensive guy...

Koolaid_Man
04-03-2016, 12:06 PM
LOL PIPPEN MOST OVERRATED POS, u can chuck anybody on him, his not a goto guy..yeh he was good in 94/95 when jordan was out the year, but still, pippen is not a volume offensive guy...

^ oh my look..another history white washing buffoon...:lol Pip overrated...if Pippen is overrated good lawd I have no idea what we call Tammy :lol

daslicer
04-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Amazing how many people suffer from prisoner of the moment syndrome when it comes to this warriors team. It's pretty bad when Kool is the voice of reason.

Koolaid_Man
04-03-2016, 12:17 PM
Amazing how many people suffer from prisoner of the moment syndrome when it comes to this warriors team. It's pretty bad when Kool is the voice of reason.

No...doubt..but my basketball side is my good side.....I actually know the game better than everyone here..but I rarely like talking basketball :lol

Koolaid_Man
04-03-2016, 12:33 PM
For you history revisionists.....theres just no pathway for the Dubs with Rodman on the court.....not only would MJ mind fuck you offensively but Rodman would mind fuck you defensivly....look at what Dennis would do to the biggest, baddest, meanest big man in the east.....Dennis Rodman was no fucking joke and was a real muthafucker to deal with it....he was just as good defensivly as MJ was offensively...lol at how he gets position on Zo repeatedly....Zo let him get in his head and it was over...Dennis did this to everyone tbh.....and is the reason they 3 peated again....

https://youtube/0DmDq2DASUE

TrainOfThought5
04-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Bulls in 4 easily

It wouldnt take much to get MJ going tbh....just taking 1 look at Raymond Screen's open mouth and he would be pissed :lol

:lol thinking the Warriors would beat them

ROFLMAOOOO the mental aspect of the game would be great to watch.

Spurtacular
04-03-2016, 01:12 PM

Curry is currently the most marketable player in the league. That would not at all be the case with Jordan in the league. It's about the money; nothing else.

Hoops Czar
04-03-2016, 01:29 PM
96 Bulls couldn't even sweep the Seattle Supersonics. They wouldn't have had a punchers chance of sweeping the Warriors.

daslicer
04-03-2016, 02:00 PM
96 Bulls couldn't even sweep the Seattle Supersonics. They wouldn't have had a punchers chance of sweeping the Warriors.

The teams that had the most success against the Jordan bulls were teams with all-star bigs. Shawn Kemp was a great big back then and in that series he averaged 23 points on 55 percent shooting along with 10 boards. He's a big reason why the bulls couldn't sweep the Sonics. The Warriors on the other hand don't have any bigs who could cause problems for the bulls.

Stalin
04-03-2016, 02:13 PM

Co sign

JuegaBonito
04-03-2016, 02:37 PM
As other posters have mentioned. Jordan and Pippen can better neutralize Thompson and Curry than VICA VERSA. Also if the warriors went to their small ball death line up, Toni Kukoc would also the bulls to play small ball to counter it. Put Rodman at center and let him guard Draymond and have Toni spreading the floor as the stretch 4. I think the Bulls would match up well. A team like the spurs with skilled size and a lock down defender like leonard on jordan would match up better. However how would the Spurs deal with the bulls mind games? Jordan was a psychological assassin, that would be weird to see the spurs react to his on the court mind games and Rodman being a pest.

Hoops Czar
04-03-2016, 03:15 PM
The teams that had the most success against the Jordan bulls were teams with all-star bigs. Shawn Kemp was a great big back then and in that series he averaged 23 points on 55 percent shooting along with 10 boards. He's a big reason why the bulls couldn't sweep the Sonics. The Warriors on the other hand don't have any bigs who could cause problems for the bulls.

Winning a series and sweeping a team 4 strait are two separate things. The Bulls were a historically great home team, losing two home games in the final week of the season by a total of two points. They were a much more vulnerable on the road, winning a lot of close games during the regular season. Not to mention, the East was much like the West is this year, but worse. No way they go to Oracle and take both games.

KL2
04-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Bulls get raped, imagine what Curry would do to them on a significantly better team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGw8mnHI6IA

Can't guard a 19 year old straight out of high school lmao

Koolaid_Man
04-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Winning a series and sweeping a team 4 strait are two separate things. The Bulls were a historically great home team, losing two home games in the final week of the season by a total of two points. They were a much more vulnerable on the road, winning a lot of close games during the regular season. Not to mention, the East was much like the West is this year, but worse. No way they go to Oracle and take both games.

Yes....they'd sweep the Dubs....I love Curry, Clay, and Dray,...they doing some pretty fucking good wet work these days but I'm not delusional enough to think they'd even win a game against MJ and Co....

MJ and Pip can sucessfully defend Curry and Clay but conversely Curry and Clay cannot defend MJ and Pip at ALL....not at ALL....MJ would post Currys lil ass up all day....Curry would either stop defending altogether or foul out....same with Pip....hes taking Clay to the box and there's not a thing Clay could do to stop it....sure because Curry and Clay are great shooters they'd get some looks and score some points...but it would be over pretty quickly...theres no team in the league like the that old Bulls team so it's hard to imagine but on its face MJ would mind fuck my boy Steph to death....Steph to small and would get taken to the woodshed all day.....and it would be so easy for MJ as Steph would pose ZERO defensive challenge for MJ....MJ would post him in the lane...a quick bump in the lane over the top for the jumper 4, 5, 6, 7 times in a row....easy peasy for MJ tbh...

And I have even went in yet on Pip shutting Clay down and Rodman getting into Draymond ass....its pretty fucking hilarious that you clowns when think the Dubs could seriously compete with that Bulls team....that was fucking mans team...this Dubs team while good is a boys team in a very weak league.....dont even get me started.....no knock to the Dubs but please they don't rank with MJ's 3 peater Squads....especially not the ones with crazy ass Dennis roaming the paint... :lol

Koolaid_Man
04-03-2016, 04:01 PM
Bulls get raped, imagine what Curry would do to them on a significantly better team:

I knew some moron who still got milk on his chest and who still aint even pissing hard would bring this silly shit up as their proof :lol

MJ didn't take AI seriously saw him as ZERO threat...I'm not saying cats couldn't score on MJ but they were not beating him in a 7 game series period.....MJ was hardened by that Bad Boys Piston team and those rugged was NY Knick defenses so unless you was coming with something real you better go sit your lil ass down in a corner somewhere....:lol

Whats so ironic is AI scored 44 and they still got blew out :lol

LkrFan
04-03-2016, 04:18 PM
For you history revisionists.....theres just no pathway for the Dubs with Rodman on the court.....not only would MJ mind fuck you offensively but Rodman would mind fuck you defensivly....look at what Dennis would do to the biggest, baddest, meanest big man in the east.....Dennis Rodman was no fucking joke and was a real muthafucker to deal with it....he was just as good defensivly as MJ was offensively...lol at how he gets position on Zo repeatedly....Zo let him get in his head and it was over...Dennis did this to everyone tbh.....and is the reason they 3 peated again....

Man you bringing back funny memories. Zo was tough but couldn't keep his head in the game messing around with the Worm. Worm would make Bogut and Uncle Festus cry if these teams matched up. :lol #BULLSSWEEP

Biggems
04-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Why does everyone fail to mention Ron Harper? He was the starting PG and one helluva good defender as well as a decent perimeter shooter. The point is with Harper, MJ, Pipp, and Rodman you had 4 defensive studs....and a decent 5th defender in Kukoc.

Gummi Clutch
04-03-2016, 05:20 PM
Yea I don't think it'd be close.

TheGreatYacht
04-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Danny Green already has this season tbh
Tony Parker*

TheGreatYacht
04-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Lollard Couldve dropped 50 on the Worriers, lmao.

It would be a sweep, and the games wouldn't be close.

2016 Spurs would match up better with them

daslicer
04-03-2016, 06:16 PM

Imagine if AI had eastern bloc training he probably could have scored 70 against the bulls.

littleavery1948
04-03-2016, 08:26 PM

Are you serious? You are aware that Iverson played two years at Georgetown, and he was nearly 22 years old at this time (he was 19 as a freshman at Georgetown), right? MJ played only 30 minutes, while Iverson played the entire game; the game ended 128-102. Iverson had a brilliant stretch of 40 point nights (5 games in a row), but they were all loses, and he played nearly every minute. But hey, he DID shoot over 50% during that time.

midnightpulp
04-04-2016, 05:03 AM

It doesn't matter how great their top 4 players are, Kool.

The 96 Bulls have no depth per modern standards. You think lops like Luc Longley, Bill Wennington, and Will Perdue can keep up with the speed of the modern game? And lol Steve Kerr trying to guard Livingston or Barbosa.

Tell me with a straight face this a deep team (by modern standards):

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1996.html

Luc Longley was their 4th leading scorer :lol

And Longley was a decent player, but he fit that era. He wouldn't fit this one. He'd get murdered on pick-n-rolls. The Bulls top 4 are legit, in any era, but it massively drops off after that.

mavsfan1000
04-04-2016, 05:11 AM
Not a sweep. But 6 or 7 games would be my choice. Wish I could watch that series.

midnightpulp
04-04-2016, 05:12 AM

That cherry pick is as bad as a Jordan fanboy cherry picking the multiple times Danny Green has shut down Steph Curry and claiming, "Danny Green made Steph's life Hell. Imagine what Jordan would do to him!"

But knowing you, you probably think Danny is an example of the modern super athlete, reared on "Eastern Bloc" training from the womb and fed science-fiction nutrition treatments, never mind the fact he has like a 25" vertical, can't dribble a basketball, and routinely gets chased down and blocked by midgets on fast breaks.

Warriors still win that series. But let's not get retarded in diminishing Jordan (and I dislike that fucker) because of your irrational bias toward post-00s basketball. He wins the battle with Wardell.

Killakobe81
04-04-2016, 05:21 AM
Sweep? Nah. But they would be the faves. Bulls were a great team but Rodman was not as good on defense by that time as his Pistons version (though he was a better rebounder)
IF PJ went small to match gstate (and that's a big IF since just last year Pjax was making fun of small ball and analytics) They are punishing the warriors maybe Iggy could defend Pippen ...but MJ is winning his matchup whether it's Iggy, Klay or Barnes defending. Dryamond vs. Rodman would be fuin as well. But the dubs are deeper at the small ball spots ... I think Bulls in 5 or 6.

A sweep is disrespectful.

Killakobe81
04-04-2016, 05:25 AM

Mehh. Although I agree bulls win ... Rodman was not untouchable as a defender by this time. Lot's of flopping, holding bullshit. IF a matchup was called with teh soft rules of today no way he is even as good as he was by the bulls years which was overrated. The Pistons version of Rodman shits on the Bulls version defensively tbh. ...
I agree with the rest though.

midnightpulp
04-04-2016, 05:26 AM
Are you serious? You are aware that Iverson played two years at Georgetown, and he was nearly 22 years old at this time (he was 19 as a freshman at Georgetown), right? MJ played only 30 minutes, while Iverson played the entire game; the game ended 128-102. Iverson had a brilliant stretch of 40 point nights (5 games in a row), but they were all loses, and he played nearly every minute. But hey, he DID shoot over 50% during that time.

He also neglects to mention that A.I. played PG on that team. Stack was the SG, who Jordan would've been matched up a good deal of the time. Or the Bulls would've put Pippen on Stack and hid Jordan on Clarence Weatherspoon (it really wouldn't been a hide since Weatherspoon was 16-17ppg scorer). No way does Jordan guard Iverson for long stretches. Then who the Hell guards Stack or Weatherspoon? Ron Harper? :lol

And Iverson scored a good deal of points there on fast breaks and on Steve Kerr :lol

But you have to take KL2 with a grain of salt. He's so infatuated with the modern game and players, he loses all rationality and swoons like a 12 year old girl at a One Direction concert.

midnightpulp
04-04-2016, 05:33 AM
Sweep? Nah. But they would be the faves. Bulls were a great team but Rodman was not as good on defense by that time as his Pistons version (though he was a better rebounder)
IF PJ went small to match gstate (and that's a big IF since just last year Pjax was making fun of small ball and analytics) They are punishing the warriors maybe Iggy could defend Pippen ...but MJ is winning his matchup whether it's Iggy, Klay or Barnes defending. Dryamond vs. Rodman would be fuin as well. But the dubs are deeper at the small ball spots ... I think Bulls in 5 or 6.

A sweep is disrespectful.

:lmao

Seriously? Check out that roster beyond Rodman, Pippen, Jordan, and Kukoc.

Luc Longley gets killed by Bogut or the Warriors small ball. Past prime Ron Harper is a total liability in that series (who do you hide him on?) And the Bull bench :lol Steve Kerr (killed by Livingston or Barbosa). Bill Wenningt:loln. Dickey Simpkins.

The Bulls were a product of their time where you could get away with having a top heavy roster and going 6-7 deep in the post-season. I'm not even convinced they beat the best 80's teams, who were much, much deeper on average.

Great team, but the most overrated team in NBA history. And it's not for lack of weakness at their core, but the overall roster. I mean :lol Bill Wennington

Koolaid_Man
04-04-2016, 05:43 AM
Mehh. Although I agree bulls win ... Rodman was not untouchable as a defender by this time. Lot's of flopping, holding bullshit. IF a matchup was called with teh soft rules of today no way he is even as good as he was by the bulls years which was overrated. The Pistons version of Rodman shits on the Bulls version defensively tbh. ...
I agree with the rest though.

Pistonss version of Dennis was raw energy Bulls version was a skilled craftsman....Dennis got position on all the great big men during that era....and honed his rebounding skills with the Bulls....no one is ever untouchable thats not the point...the point is he was the best defensively player in the league during the Bulls run....the only player to stake a claim otherwise is Hakeem....Draymond poses no threat the Dennis whatsoever tbh......the Dubs are kids the Bulls were men....it wouldn't even be fair to compare the teams....tbh

Koolaid_Man
04-04-2016, 05:49 AM

Luc Longley gets killed by Bogut or the Warriors small ball. Past prime Ron Harper is a total liability in that series (who do you hide him on?) And the Bull bench :lol Steve Kerr (killed by Livingston or Barbosa). Bill Wenningt:loln. Dickey Simpkins.

The Bulls were a product of their time where you could get away with having a top heavy roster and going 6-7 deep in the post-season. I'm not even convinced they beat the best 80's teams, who were much, much deeper on average.

Great team, but the most overrated team in NBA history. And it's not for lack of weakness at their core, but the overall roster. I mean :lol Bill Wennington

Livngston and Barbosa? :lol they wouldn't even be in the game....seriously no one one the roster poses a threat to MJ....who's gonna guard MJ it would take 3 of their key rotation players and 2 of the 3 are fouling out...theres no one on the Dubs to defend Pipen....and the Bulls big men were better passers and shooters than the Dubs big men....and yes they'd run the floor just the same....you can't sell me on Bogut who is a piece of shit basketball player and downgrade Bill Winngton...they're basically one in the same....and Luc Longely is better than any Big man on the Dubs tbh....Bogut and Festus are you kidding me.....:lol

midnightpulp
04-04-2016, 05:57 AM
Livngston and Barbosa? :lol they wouldn't even be in the game....seriously no one one the roster poses a threat to MJ....who's gonna guard MJ it would take 3 of their key rotation players and 2 of the 3 are fouling out...theres no one on the Dubs to defend Pipen....and the Bulls big men were better passers and shooters than the Dubs big men....and yes they'd run the floor just the same....you can't sell me on Bogut who is a piece of shit basketball player and downgrade Bill Winngton...they're basically one in the same....and Luc Longely is better than any Big man on the Dubs tbh....Bogut and Festus are you kidding me.....:lol

Well, since you compared Bill Wennington favorably to Bogut, I don't think anything I can say will convince you. We'll agree to disagree. But I am glad I'm starting to see a new Kool, with a bit of growing dislike toward the Warriors.

You don't believe me, but Wardell winning titles won't be good for Kobe. I think you understand the implications.

Root for us, Kool. It's time to give us those good vibes once again :toast

Koolaid_Man
04-04-2016, 06:02 AM
It doesn't matter how great their top 4 players are, Kool.

The 96 Bulls have no depth per modern standards. You think lops like Luc Longley, Bill Wennington, and Will Perdue can keep up with the speed of the modern game? And lol Steve Kerr trying to guard Livingston or Barbosa.

Tell me with a straight face this a deep team (by modern standards):

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1996.html

Luc Longley was their 4th leading scorer :lol

And Longley was a decent player, but he fit that era. He wouldn't fit this one. He'd get murdered on pick-n-rolls. The Bulls top 4 are legit, in any era, but it massively drops off after that.

Actually it matters tremendously how good the top 4 are....lets look at it from the Dubs perspective...their top four players blow teams out....giving their bench an opportunity to play and get better....its because of their youth....their bench is not great they just look great on the strength of their starting 4.....now let me explain this to you....if it was anyone eslse I might not feel as strongly....but love him or hate him MJ was literally a rare genetic freak of nature and I'm not taking size wise....he was a sterotype of the African black man...he had freakazoid genes...yeah I don't recall if it was a Sports Illustrated article or from One of Phil's bullshit books...but they routinely talked about during the playoffs how MJ would play 36 holes of golf in the hot sun before many playoff games and none of those games did the Bulls lose....

To be honest I don't know of any other player that could summon that kind of energy and will power.....so it was an unfair competitive advantage for the Bulls.....when you got a nigga on your squad that can do that it doesn't matter how fucking deep your bench is....your going to need a deep bench....:lol fact is they won all 6 titles on the strength of their starting 3.....and they did it in era far more impressive than this one in terms of taking cheap shots, flagrant fouls, and the required mental toughness....

I don't think you quite understand the nuances of the eras....theres not a kid from this dub team that would pose any threat to that Bulls dynasty.....it would be a rrunaway....Clay and Steph cant take hits....they can't take punisshment....they are too fragile...it would be a slaughter tbh....:lol

Koolaid_Man
04-04-2016, 06:09 AM
Well, since you compared Bill Wennington favorably to Bogut, I don't think anything I can say will convince you. We'll agree to disagree. But I am glad I'm starting to see a new Kool, with a bit of growing dislike toward the Warriors.

You don't believe me, but Wardell winning titles won't be good for Kobe. I think you understand the implications.

Root for us, Kool. It's time to give us those good vibes once again :toast

Youre insane...this has nothing to do with Kobe...I like the Chef....he's an humble guy.....and I'm not gonna cheer for him because I have bad luck when it comes to selecting a winner... I will just sit back and watch him work his wizardry.....and I'm not bashing the Dubs at all...they're just boys compared to the Bulls thats all I'm saying.....I'm glad to see they have you scared shitless tbh....I personally could never root for the Spurs you guys play the game the wrong way....Pop is a disgrace to coaching...sitting out players for no reason other than to try to craft some false narrative for the media to write...of "we lost because I sat this player or that player"...faking injuries and playing up this false we are good guys image....I can't stand yalls fake asses.. Tbh

TDMVPDPOY
04-04-2016, 07:52 AM
72-10 bulls is overrated as hell...saying they can contain this and that or beat the gsw..

did the 72-10 sweep anyone in the playoffs out easts? if they were so great how come they got pushed to 6-7 games in the finals?

Koolaid_Man
04-04-2016, 08:14 AM
72-10 bulls is overrated as hell...saying they can contain this and that or beat the gsw..

did the 72-10 sweep anyone in the playoffs out easts? if they were so great how come they got pushed to 6-7 games in the finals?

I idiot proofed my response as much as I could but I see some idiot still got through the firewall....at any rate its not about the 72-10 team....its about the Bulls dominance period....when you win 3 straight and do it again then of course you wear down while at the same time other teams get amped to play you....so being taken to the max games or close to it comes at no surprise....I didn't say they couldn't be beaten but the Dubs would have been just more fodder for them....the only teams that would have beat them were the Magic / Kareem Lakers and again the ShaKobe Lakers....why?

Not because I'm a homer but rather because big guard play with a dominant inside presence would have overwhelmed Mike.....Kobe unlike Curry is a big physical guard just like Magic....Kobe and Magic would have taken MJ and Scottie in the paint and scored at will....the Bulls only counter would be MJ in the paint....Shaq and Kareem would have feasted.....it would have been too much for the Bulls to overcome.....the only way the Spurs beat the Bulls is if they have Tim, Manu, Parker, Bowen, and a Prime David Robinson...and even then it would be close becsuse Rodman would have made Robinson his bitch....and Manu would have been to mentally weak to even play in the backcourt vs. MJ....Tony Parker would have ended up saving that series for the Spurs.. .

Molotov
04-04-2016, 08:16 AM
Damn, Mid getting his shit pushed in by Kool. :wow:wow

Koolaid_Man
04-04-2016, 08:21 AM
Damn, Mid getting his shit pushed in by Kool. :wow:wow

I'm just making it do what it do....:lol

TDMVPDPOY
04-04-2016, 08:31 AM
I idiot proofed my response as much as I could but I see some idiot still got through the firewall....at any rate its not about the 72-10 team....its about the Bulls dominance period....when you win 3 straight and do it again then of course you wear down while at the same time other teams get amped to play you....so being taken to the max games or close to it comes at no surprise....I didn't say they couldn't be beaten but the Dubs would have been just more fodder for them....the only teams that would have beat them were the Magic / Kareem Lakers and again the ShaKobe Lakers....why?

Not because I'm a homer but rather because big guard play with a dominant inside presence would have overwhelmed Mike.....Kobe unlike Curry is a big physical guard just like Magic....Kobe and Magic would have taken MJ and Scottie in the paint and scored at will....the Bulls only counter would be MJ in the paint....Shaq and Kareem would have feasted.....it would have been too much for the Bulls to overcome.....the only way the Spurs beat the Bulls is if they have Tim, Manu, Parker, Bowen, and a Prime David Robinson...and even then it would be close becsuse Rodman would have made Robinson his bitch....and Manu would have been to mentally weak to even play in the backcourt vs. MJ....Tony Parker would have ended up saving that series for the Spurs.. .

so ur agreeing with gsw would be sweep and curry held below 20ppg like pippen said?

daslicer
04-04-2016, 08:35 AM

They swept Mourning's Heat and Shaq's Magic. They got pushed to 6 games in the finals because the '96 Sonics were actually a great team. They had 2 superstars in Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp. They also had won 64 games that year That '96 Bulls playoff run was impressive because they beat 4 teams that had 4 superstar bigs in Mourning,Ewing,Shaq,Kemp.

TDMVPDPOY
04-04-2016, 08:38 AM
They swept Mourning's Heat and Shaq's Magic. They got pushed to 6 games in the finals because the '96 Sonics were actually a great team. They had 2 superstars in Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp. They also had won 64 games that year That '96 Bulls playoff run was impressive because they beat 4 teams that had 4 superstar bigs in Mourning,Ewing,Shaq,Kemp.

so ur saying the gsw will not put up a fight or even extend it to a +6 games series? bogut is a scrub, but his better then the bulls centers longley/wellington...yes his not the offensive scorer he use to be, but u telling me bogut cant score double digits against the bulls centers?

daslicer
04-04-2016, 08:55 AM
so ur saying the gsw will not put up a fight or even extend it to a +6 games series? bogut is a scrub, but his better then the bulls centers longley/wellington...yes his not the offensive scorer he use to be, but u telling me bogut cant score double digits against the bulls centers?

To beat the bulls you had to have a great big since that was the only flawed position they had. It's the reason why the Ewing Knicks had the most success against the bulls where they came close to beating the bulls in '92 and '93. Bogut is a similar player to Longley. Longley would not have any problems with Bogut since he's played guys who are 100X better. Bogut in the '90s would have been an average center. It's laughable to believe Bogut would have an impact against the bulls since that second 3 peat team played teams with much better centers during the playoffs in Mourning,Ewing,Shaq,Mutumbo,Divac,Smits.

Clipper Nation
04-04-2016, 09:42 AM
Who cares? Prime LeBron would destroy both of these overrated teams.

Koolaid_Man
04-04-2016, 09:47 AM
Who cares? Prime LeBron would destroy both of these overrated teams.

Thanks for the retard Zinger of the day..we needed the laugh ice breaker :lol

daslicer
04-04-2016, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the retard Zinger of the day..we needed the laugh ice breaker :lol

:lol

Koolaid_Man
04-04-2016, 09:51 AM
Man you bringing back funny memories. Zo was tough but couldn't keep his head in the game messing around with the Worm. Worm would make Bogut and Uncle Festus cry if these teams matched up. :lol #BULLSSWEEP

I have to admit...I'm a huge Rodman guy....his antics were second to none...theres no way I can field an all anything team and not have him on it.. :lol Dennis was a stud...plus he was Fucking Madonna and Carmen Electra :lol

https://youtube/o7fOCJSWWXY

Koolaid_Man
04-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Dennis the Menace was afraid of no one.....:lol

https://youtube/OdUT3GPlGwU

Koolaid_Man
04-04-2016, 10:39 AM
Bulls 96

3-0 Heat
4-1 Knicks
4-0 Magic
4-2 Sonics

They are not sweeping the Warriors.

^ those W's vs. L's actually prove they would have swept the Dubs....:lol almost 3 sweeps during that run...

The Knicks won 1....and the Sonics were a hellava defensive team lead by a Prime Gary Payton.....*aka* The Glove..you've done nothing but prove my point:lol

You have idea what so ever what you're talking about....

daslicer
04-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Another thing people don't factor in is Rodman would have taken Draymond's soul and break his spirit after 2 games. Draymond is a very sensitive and emotional guy which Rodman would have taken advantage of.

Killakobe81
04-04-2016, 10:52 AM

Killed by Longley? How? Even scrubs like Mozgof or role guys like Tristan Thompson are not getting killed by Bogut ...
A Bulls small ball squad of Rodman/MJ/Pippen/Kukoc/ and filler ...

Koolaid_Man
04-04-2016, 11:20 AM
Another thing people don't factor in is Rodman would have taken Draymond's soul and break his spirit after 2 games. Draymond is a very sensitive and emotional guy which Rodman would have taken advantage of.

:lol yep all day ere day and 10 times on Sat and Sunday....

Koolaid_Man
04-04-2016, 12:19 PM
Dennis grabbed 21 boards on Shaq and pushed him out of the lane....for the most part played him 1 on 1 except when the Bulls defense collapsed in the paint....Draymond wouldn't have stood a chance against Dennis....:lol

This grown man play right here....

https://youtube/wg3BiOw4TWo

PS: Shaq couldn't win shit without Kobe :lol

~O~
04-04-2016, 02:52 PM
I took this thread as a troll joke then Scottie Pippen opened his mouth. The Warriors play at a higher pace than the 72 bulls ever faced in their parade. The Warriors are versatile and in much more in game shape than the 72 Bulls were and could ever be int their era. The Warriors have much more resources than that Bulls team ever had. Probably 20 times as much with analytic, 20 decades worth of in advanced, of the changes in basketball strategy. Especially with the new ways people condition themselves. Not only would that team be exposed by the Warriors, they would have been dominated. The Warriors fill up the whole chart. That Bulls team had no bench. It was basically the wealthy man's big three...and other shit. The Warriors have made 1000 plus threes this season setting the NBA record. The Bulls only scored 544 three point baskets.

Sit the fuck down please. Don't tell me about this Jordan gonna shut down curry mess. They run his ass through so many screens.

daslicer
04-04-2016, 03:21 PM
I took this thread as a troll joke then Scottie Pippen opened his mouth. The Warriors play at a higher pace than the 72 bulls ever faced in their parade. The Warriors are versatile and in much more in game shape than the 72 Bulls were and could ever be int their era. The Warriors have much more resources than that Bulls team ever had. Probably 20 times as much with analytic, 20 decades worth of in advanced, of the changes in basketball strategy. Especially with the new ways people condition themselves. Not only would that team be exposed by the Warriors, they would have been dominated. The Warriors fill up the whole chart. That Bulls team had no bench. It was basically the wealthy man's big three...and other shit. The Warriors have made 1000 plus threes this season setting the NBA record. The Bulls only scored 544 three point baskets.

Sit the fuck down please. Don't tell me about this Jordan gonna shut down curry mess. They run his ass through so many screens.

"Blah blah blah Warriors are the greatest of all time" That's you in a nutshell.

04-04-2016, 03:25 PM
vMwoAjQ5yas

manufan10
04-04-2016, 04:06 PM
The Bulls would win the series, but I don't think they would sweep. They never swept in any of their Finals appearances, so what makes them so sure they would sweep the Warriors?

Koolaid_Man
04-04-2016, 04:08 PM

:lol ok..now that your emotional rant is over ..it would be nice if you could tell me Curry's plan for when MJ puts his lil ass in the box.....Curry is the biggest defensive liability playing the Bulls...sure he'd score some points off 3's but it wouldn't last against the Bulls defense and length tbh....conditioning? Did you just use that as an argument:lol

Clay bumped his head just a little bit last year and was never the same during the playoffs....one hit from Rodman and Curry is out the series....The Dubs for as much as I like them could never be ready for a powerhouse like the BULLS......MJ has nothing but free points the whole game because you have no one strong enough or smart enough to defend him....Clay? Fouled out in 1 quarter , Iggy fouled out in 2nd quarter, Barnes fouled out in 3rd quarter...that leaves the 4th quarter all for MJ to put his Johnson in Curry's ass:lol

KL2
04-04-2016, 04:43 PM
That cherry pick is as bad as a Jordan fanboy cherry picking the multiple times Danny Green has shut down Steph Curry and claiming, "Danny Green made Steph's life Hell. Imagine what Jordan would do to him!"

But knowing you, you probably think Danny is an example of the modern super athlete, reared on "Eastern Bloc" training from the womb and fed science-fiction nutrition treatments, never mind the fact he has like a 25" vertical, can't dribble a basketball, and routinely gets chased down and blocked by midgets on fast breaks.

Warriors still win that series. But let's not get retarded in diminishing Jordan (and I dislike that fucker) because of your irrational bias toward post-00s basketball. He wins the battle with Wardell.

He couldn't even win the battle with Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, forget Curry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiCpet86WRQ

Spurs used a team defense to stop Curry, it involved a ton of switching, including bringing the agile 270lb Aldridge out on Curry, and it was only made possible because Leonard locked up Thompson.
Green is actually a pretty good athlete, I think he may be bow legged or something which would help explain why he moves so well laterally but can't do shit on offense.

The talent pool has also changed dramatically since the mid-late 80's when they marketed the shit out of MJ to the masses, I know you like to ignore that fact. The talent pool was a gradual increase up until that time then completely exploded being put on the world stage.

KL2
04-04-2016, 04:46 PM
^ those W's vs. L's actually prove they would have swept the Dubs....:lol almost 3 sweeps during that run...

The Knicks won 1....and the Sonics were a hellava defensive team lead by a Prime Gary Payton.....*aka* The Glove..you've done nothing but prove my point:lol

You have idea what so ever what you're talking about....

The same "Glove" that got torn up by a young Porker, back when he was just a 19 year old piglet :lol, the only thing that saved him was Porker being so shitty at that time.

90's perimeter defenders :lol

daslicer
04-04-2016, 04:52 PM
The same "Glove" that got torn up by a young Porker, back when he was just a 19 year old piglet :lol, the only thing that saved him was Porker being so shitty at that time.

90's perimeter defenders :lol

Gary was 33 years old and a few months away from being 34 when Parker scorched him.Gary was still effective at that time but he had lost a step or two on defense. This is equivalent to a Clipper fan bragging about Blake Griffin schooling Duncan the last few years.

Koolaid_Man
04-04-2016, 06:01 PM
The point they couldn't even sweep the teams in front of them in 1996. Now he thinks he can sweep a top 5 team of all time? Garbage Knicks team....got one.

Your point makes no sense...in essence it's garbage...they swept 2 teams and almost 3

KL2
04-04-2016, 06:30 PM
Gary was 33 years old and a few months away from being 34 when Parker scorched him.Gary was still effective at that time but he had lost a step or two on defense. This is equivalent to a Clipper fan bragging about Blake Griffin schooling Duncan the last few years.

This is a 19 year old Parker we're talking about, his only experience playing with French pro ball clubs, pre consistent jumper, years away from his prime, from being fully developed physically. It literally took Parker 8 years to hit his prime.

Payton had a wealth of experience and was still an elite PG. He also played a significantly smaller role with that "stacked" Lakers squad, 40.8 mpg to 34.5. It preserved his body and allowed him to focus more on defense, his offensive stats dropped but his efficiency increased.

KL2
04-04-2016, 06:37 PM
People remember the Jordans, and the Paytons of the old era, but forget about the Mookie Blaylocks, the Abdul Raufs, the "Sleepy" Floyds of the league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV9nF88cGd4

If Mookie could do this to the Bulls while dropping 20ppg on 45% shooting per game in the Eastern Conference Finals, imagine guys like Cp3 would do, Westbrook, Curry, Leonard, Lebron, etc.

Vito Corleone
04-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Bulls sweep.

The NBA rules have pussified the league.

daslicer
04-04-2016, 07:13 PM
This is a 19 year old Parker we're talking about, his only experience playing with French pro ball clubs, pre consistent jumper, years away from his prime, from being fully developed physically. It literally took Parker 8 years to hit his prime.

Payton had a wealth of experience and was still an elite PG. He also played a significantly smaller role with that "stacked" Lakers squad, 40.8 mpg to 34.5. It preserved his body and allowed him to focus more on defense, his offensive stats dropped but his efficiency increased.

Again you are trying to spin your shitty Easter Bloc training narrative which is very laughable by the way. 33 year old Payton was not on the same level defensively as the 27 year Payton that had won defensive player of the year. Wealth of experience means shit when it comes to aging on the defensive end for perimeter players. When you don't have the speed to keep up with a guy defensively the "experience" is not going to compensate for declining athleticism. Younger guards will always abuse older guards its the circle life of the NBA. Parker use to do the abusing on the offensive end now he's the abused one. In several years you will see Westbrook and Curry getting their shit pushed in by a young 20 something year old guard. Common sense guys in their 20's are going to be more athletic than guys in their 30's thus will usually dominate guys in their 30's regardless of era pretty stupid rational by you but then again I'm not surprised.

KL2
04-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Again you are trying to spin your shitty Easter Bloc training narrative which is very laughable by the way. 33 year old Payton was not on the same level defensively as the 27 year Payton that had won defensive player of the year. Wealth of experience means shit when it comes to aging on the defensive end for perimeter players. When you don't have the speed to keep up with a guy defensively the "experience" is not going to compensate for declining athleticism. Younger guards will always abuse older guards its the circle life of the NBA. Parker use to do the abusing on the offensive end now he's the abused one. In several years you will see Westbrook and Curry getting their shit pushed in by a young 20 something year old guard. Common sense guys in their 20's are going to be more athletic than guys in their 30's thus will usually dominate guys in their 30's regardless of era pretty stupid rational by you but then again I'm not surprised.

Payton was still easily considered a top 10 PG no matter how much you try to :downspin:it and Parker was 8 years away from his prime.

You don't understand how the NBA works, it's a cycle. It takes the average NBA player around 7 years to peak. Once they peak their bodies start to gradually break down, however they see a reduced role and learn new skills as they get older, Manu/TD/TP have changed over the years and especially their roles. The vets have a huge advantage in playing professional NBA ball for 10+ years over the younger players who are still developing their games and filling out.

Look at Lebron, Durant, Melo etc. just a few years ago they ruled the league, now they're getting outplayed by guys like Leonard, Butler, George, Giannis etc. Take away these new, much better crop of SF's and Bron' would still be ringing in MIA dropping monster games. All it took was a few years for the newer generation to catch up.

daslicer
04-04-2016, 08:26 PM
Payton was still easily considered a top 10 PG no matter how much you try to :downspin:it and Parker was 8 years away from his prime.

You don't understand how the NBA works, it's a cycle. It takes the average NBA player around 7 years to peak. Once they peak their bodies start to gradually break down, however they see a reduced role and learn new skills as they get older, Manu/TD/TP have changed over the years and especially their roles. The vets have a huge advantage in playing professional NBA ball for 10+ years over the younger players who are still developing their games and filling out.

Look at Lebron, Durant, Melo etc. just a few years ago they ruled the league, now they're getting outplayed by guys like Leonard, Butler, George, Giannis etc. Take away these new, much better crop of SF's and Bron' would still be ringing in MIA dropping monster games. All it took was a few years for the newer generation to catch up.

Your going off subject. Again no player is as good defensively in his 30's as he was in his 20's that's not the way things work. Both Parker and Ginobili are worse as defensive players today than what they were 10 years ago. Lebron's defense has been declining the last few years. For example Lebron can play great defense for stretches but he can't play great defense for a full game like he did when he was at his peak due to aging. Perimeter players can learn different ways to be effective offensively once there athletic ability declines but defense is another story all together. Big's on the other hand like Duncan can still be effective at a high level for years on D due to their size and length.

Koolaid_Man
04-04-2016, 08:31 PM

Hahahaha you're a total retard......hahahaha......GP was 33 with major miles......Parker young legs and quick....don't try to spin and weasel by saying he was easily a top 10 point guard....so what was he 10th :lpl

What are your stats to back up such a claim.....

ambchang
04-04-2016, 09:14 PM
vMwoAjQ5yas

You are right, MAR would've been MVP like curry in today's league,, and the nuggets would have been a record breaking team. They were ahead of their time.

KL2
04-04-2016, 10:33 PM
Your going off subject. Again no player is as good defensively in his 30's as he was in his 20's that's not the way things work. Both Parker and Ginobili are worse as defensive players today than what they were 10 years ago. Lebron's defense has been declining the last few years. For example Lebron can play great defense for stretches but he can't play great defense for a full game like he did when he was at his peak due to aging. Perimeter players can learn different ways to be effective offensively once there athletic ability declines but defense is another story all together. Big's on the other hand like Duncan can still be effective at a high level for years on D due to their size and length.

Parker was 8 years removed from his prime, this is back when he could barely shoot the ball, back when he had strength issues, when he was getting benched for Speedy. Ginobili has been playing some of the best defense of his career this year, he ranks 4th in drpm this year, 9th last year, he's playing a reduced role keeping his body fresh and plays in a much more controlled manner than he used to. Parker has always been a shitty defender, he's had maybe 2-3 good defensive years, it's just that now he's playing against Curry-WB-Cp3-Lowry etc. on a nightly basis and is getting shitted on.
The whole big 3 has seen significantly reduced roles, the game is much easier on them just like it was GP.

-Duncan used to outright carry the old Spurs teams including Bowen's overrated ass, his role is a fraction of what it used to be years ago, it also really helps that he has Green-Leonard on the perimeter locking down opposing stars.

-Bron's playing some of the best defense of his career, he ranks 4th in drpm, a big jump up from his time with MIA, he's surrounded by better defenders than he was with MIA and is in his best physical condition in years. It's questionable whether he even gets to the ECF, his competition has gotten better. Like I said, take away Kawhi Leonard and Bron rings multiple times. It was a lot easier to dominate the league when he wasn't matching up with these stars like Leonard one night, Butler the next, PG, etc. even guys like Antetokounmpo are getting the better of KD in their match ups.

TDMVPDPOY
04-04-2016, 11:01 PM
lol mentioning a pos parker in this thread vs gary payton

the same gary payton who exposed his ass in the 03/04 playoffs after being up 2-0, was there an excuse to lose 4 straight games for the backdoor sweep?

Stevie Johnson
04-05-2016, 12:35 AM
LOL Pippen should worry about getting rid of all those blackheads.

Mikeanaro
04-05-2016, 12:54 AM
The Bulls would win the series, but I don't think they would sweep. They never swept in any of their Finals appearances, so what makes them so sure they would sweep the Warriors?
Under 90s rules Warrefs dont stand a chance, they needed 6 games no Irving no Love and pussy rules on their sides to win against CLE in the most horrible brickfest ever.

Killakobe81
04-05-2016, 02:19 AM
Parker was 8 years removed from his prime, this is back when he could barely shoot the ball, back when he had strength issues, when he was getting benched for Speedy. Ginobili has been playing some of the best defense of his career this year, he ranks 4th in drpm this year, 9th last year, he's playing a reduced role keeping his body fresh and plays in a much more controlled manner than he used to. Parker has always been a shitty defender, he's had maybe 2-3 good defensive years, it's just that now he's playing against Curry-WB-Cp3-Lowry etc. on a nightly basis and is getting shitted on.
The whole big 3 has seen significantly reduced roles, the game is much easier on them just like it was GP.

-Duncan used to outright carry the old Spurs teams including Bowen's overrated ass, his role is a fraction of what it used to be years ago, it also really helps that he has Green-Leonard on the perimeter locking down opposing stars.

-Bron's playing some of the best defense of his career, he ranks 4th in drpm, a big jump up from his time with MIA, he's surrounded by better defenders than he was with MIA and is in his best physical condition in years. It's questionable whether he even gets to the ECF, his competition has gotten better. Like I said, take away Kawhi Leonard and Bron rings multiple times. It was a lot easier to dominate the league when he wasn't matching up with these stars like Leonard one night, Butler the next, PG, etc. even guys like Antetokounmpo are getting the better of KD in their match ups.

A missing component to this argument is that Shaq was hortible pnr defender and helped young Tony "torch" past his prime GP. I remember when they went to Fish more as the series went on ...Payton was pissed because he felt he was getting singled out for Tony's breakthrough performance. But Shaq was his boy so he directed his ire at Phil ...but as dominant Shaq still was on offense his out of shape self was leaving the glove alone on the high pnr.No one ever mentions that as a flaw on that Laker team ...they always blame Colorado, Kobe's chucking yhe Shaqobe beef and Malone getting hurt ...but forget Phil's ego, GP's bad triangle fot and defensive decline ...as well as Shaqs poor pnr defense were all factors on why the pistons kicked our ass.

Kobe should get the majority of the blame though it all started in Colorado ... But if you actually watched that team their was plenty of flaws.

Molotov
04-05-2016, 04:33 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Scrah, what is this verbal diarrhea? It's obvious you haven't seen three-peat Bulls play, judging by how you went full retard on det one.

Kawhitstorm
04-05-2016, 05:19 AM
Shaqs poor pnr defense were all factors on why the pistons kicked our ass.

Kobe should get the majority of the blame though it all started in Colorado ... But if you actually watched that team their was plenty of flaws.

Their main advantage against the Pistons was Kobe against Tayshaun (whom Manu/Wade/Lebron destroyed) but Kirby ended up laying bricks like James Harden in the 2012 Finals.:lol

Shaq 26 (63%)
Rip 21 (40%)
Kirby 22 (38%)

Couldn't outplay Rip:lmao:lmao:lmao

Outside of the 2009 Finals against a Dwert led team (whom LeBron annihilated despite losing the series), Kirby has been pretty underwhelming in the Finals.:lol

DeRozan m8
04-05-2016, 05:41 AM

lol im surprised this is the first time i've seen this anti-Jordan take

~O~
04-05-2016, 06:28 AM
Ok. This a troll thread. Thank god. I thought you guys actually believed yourselves. Stats break this down so easily..its sad.

Killakobe81
04-05-2016, 06:44 AM
Their main advantage against the Pistons was Kobe against Tayshaun (whom Manu/Wade/Lebron destroyed) but Kirby ended up laying bricks like James Harden in the 2012 Finals.:lol

Shaq 26 (63%)
Rip 21 (40%)
Kirby 22 (38%)

Couldn't outplay Rip:lmao:lmao:lmao

Outside of the 2009 Finals against a Dwert led team (whom LeBron annihilated despite losing the series), Kirby has been pretty underwhelming in the Finals.:lol

Not even disputing that but I can show big Finals games by Kobe in every FINALS series ... My point was that Shaq was shit on defense in pnr and when everyone is talking about GP getting torched they miss that fact.
You just pointed out that Kobe was defended by Prince what does it matter if Rip outplayed him well out FG% him?
That dopesnt make any sense tbh ...besides nothing you posted has anything to do with Shaq's bad pnr defense.

Spurtacular
04-05-2016, 12:56 PM
lol im surprised this is the first time i've seen this anti-Jordan take

Anti-Jordan? NBA reality, tbh.

hater
04-05-2016, 12:57 PM
Pippen is 1000% correct. Next question

Molotov
04-05-2016, 02:08 PM
It's true the 96' Bulls not only would have the advantage of having played against far better competition in the talent rich 90's, which in itself would be more than enough to shit all over this softass Warrior team, but they'd also have Jordan's star power in getting favourable calls.

Benoit
04-05-2016, 02:27 PM
Comparing teams in different eras is stupid

The rules are different and the teams focus on prioritizing whatever is most important at the time

MJs Bulls are the greatest team of their era just like Stephs Dubs are by far the best team of this era

Kobes Lakers were the best of the previous era

DeRozan m8
04-05-2016, 04:07 PM
I love how the Warriors win one ring...have a good reg season and cunts reckon they're the GOAT lol

The stupidity of faggots like Benoit astounds me

UZER
04-05-2016, 04:24 PM
It's unfair to compare. This is like asking an 8 yr old from the 90s that plays super nes to compete with an 8 yr old from today who plays COD. The level of and layers of sophistication is on a whole notha level. Sure ultimately it's the same, they're both playing games, but one was born with a 2 button controller in his hand, the other with 12.

The Warriors would have the Bulls heads spinning. They offenses now have plays within plays within plays because the defenses have schemes within schemes within schemes. This is regarding top teams from the eras, not the shit teams around each league.

Kawhitstorm
04-05-2016, 05:46 PM
You just pointed out that Kobe was defended by Prince what does it matter if Rip outplayed him well out FG% him?

Mr. record 9 times All-NBA 1st team defense Kirby was guarding Rip!:lol

Splits
04-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Comparing teams in different eras is stupid

The rules are different and the teams focus on prioritizing whatever is most important at the time

MJs Bulls are the greatest team of their era just like Stephs Dubs are by far the best team of this era

Kobes Lakers were the best of the previous era

:lmao dis ###### gotta be the stupidest dude to ever gain access to this site.

daslicer
04-05-2016, 06:30 PM
It's unfair to compare. This is like asking an 8 yr old from the 90s that plays super nes to compete with an 8 yr old from today who plays COD. The level of and layers of sophistication is on a whole notha level. Sure ultimately it's the same, they're both playing games, but one was born with a 2 button controller in his hand, the other with 12.

The Warriors would have the Bulls heads spinning. They offenses now have plays within plays within plays because the defenses have schemes within schemes within schemes. This is regarding top teams from the eras, not the shit teams around each league.

I have heard that even the current 5 year old gamers are too skilled today compared to kids who were gamers during the 90's. These 5 year olds are super skilled due to Chinese Bloc training that a 90's classic like Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter is way too easy for them.

midnightpulp
04-05-2016, 10:50 PM
He couldn't even win the battle with Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, forget Curry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiCpet86WRQ

Spurs used a team defense to stop Curry, it involved a ton of switching, including bringing the agile 270lb Aldridge out on Curry, and it was only made possible because Leonard locked up Thompson.
Green is actually a pretty good athlete, I think he may be bow legged or something which would help explain why he moves so well laterally but can't do shit on offense.

The talent pool has also changed dramatically since the mid-late 80's when they marketed the shit out of MJ to the masses, I know you like to ignore that fact. The talent pool was a gradual increase up until that time then completely exploded being put on the world stage.

Citing one game anomalies as "evidence" :lmao

Why don't you post their whole heads up history?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jordami01&p2=abdulma02

And yeah, about modern defensive schemes. Imagine Jordan and Pippen on the Spurs playing under Pop's defensive philosophy. It would be unfair (:lol D-League Green in the same universe as Jordan). Also, the Spurs man up plenty of times on Curry. The heavy switching is often a result of the Warriors sending Curry through an avalanche of picks.

Jordan played as a washed up 40 year old when the World invasion was really strong (Dirk, Peja, Parker, Yao, rookie Manu, rookie Pau, etc), and he still managed solid numbers, and was a net positive player on the floor.

Like always you have little argument (never backed up by statistics, coherent arguments, etc) and just appeal to "bodies filling out" and/or posting silly videos of fathers teaching their kids terrible dribbling mechanics.

midnightpulp
04-05-2016, 10:54 PM
People remember the Jordans, and the Paytons of the old era, but forget about the Mookie Blaylocks, the Abdul Raufs, the "Sleepy" Floyds of the league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV9nF88cGd4

If Mookie could do this to the Bulls while dropping 20ppg on 45% shooting per game in the Eastern Conference Finals, imagine guys like Cp3 would do, Westbrook, Curry, Leonard, Lebron, etc.

Again, with the one game/series cherry pick again.

While you're at it, post Mookie's career playoff stats (hint: they're relatively terrible).

You really are a shit debater. Now run along and find a video of a helicopter parent teaching his kid to shoot 3s by blindfolding him or employing some equally ridiculous "cutting edge" training method.

midnightpulp
04-05-2016, 11:03 PM

Melo never ruled anything.

And Lebron's metrics are still rather dominant. But yeah, his "drop off" has everything to do with "bodies filling out" and nothing to do with the fact he's a 31 year old player with tons of mileage in his 13 season. And :lol Giannis on his (or KD's) level. .076 RPM :tu. Maybe he needs another round of Eastern Bloc training? Durant's metrics are also better than all of those players you've mentioned aside from Leonard.

And :lmao at the bolded. Bron almost rang again, in his first year on a completely different team that was down 2 key starters. But yes, you're right. The reason he was denied because a newer generation SF caught up and effectively countered him. :tu to newer generation 32 year old Andre Iguodala.

Kawhi is really the only SF from the post-2010 class to challenge either of those 2 at the SF position.

UZER
04-05-2016, 11:58 PM
Citing one game anomalies as "evidence" :lmao

Why don't you post their whole heads up history?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jordami01&p2=abdulma02

And yeah, about modern defensive schemes. Imagine Jordan and Pippen on the Spurs playing under Pop's defensive philosophy. It would be unfair (:lol D-League Green in the same universe as Jordan). Also, the Spurs man up plenty of times on Curry. The heavy switching is often a result of the Warriors sending Curry through an avalanche of picks.

Jordan played as a washed up 40 year old when the World invasion was really strong (Dirk, Peja, Parker, Yao, rookie Manu, rookie Pau, etc), and he still managed solid numbers, and was a net positive player on the floor.

Like always you have little argument (never backed up by statistics, coherent arguments, etc) and just appeal to "bodies filling out" and/or posting silly videos of fathers teaching their kids terrible dribbling mechanics.

This isn't what would the Bulls be under Pops scheme. This is the 96 bulls vs the current Warriors. It wouldn't be close.

lefty
04-06-2016, 09:59 AM
:lol 96 Bulls wouldn't have lost at home to today's Wolves

CASE CLOSED

Stalin
04-06-2016, 07:15 PM
:lol 96 Bulls wouldn't have lost at home to today's Wolves

CASE CLOSED

Co sign

Kawhitstorm
04-07-2016, 03:28 PM
Stephs Dubs are by far the best team of this era

Based on that logic, the Mavs were the greatest team of their era since they won 67 games, had a league MVP & won a championship.:lol (That's basically what the Worriers are right now until they ACTUALLY win a 2nd chip)

hitmanyr2k
04-07-2016, 06:19 PM
It wouldn't be a sweep but I would take the Bulls in 6. They were a long defensive team that could shrink the floor, play passing lanes, and suffocate teams with a starting lineup where there was no one under 6'6. Chicago was much like the Milwaukee Bucks are built today and I didn't think it was a coincidence that the Bucks gave the Warriors trouble both times they met this season. The Warriors have depth on their side but the Bulls starters were always well-conditioned and played big minutes anyway unlike today's players that get gassed after playing more than 35 minutes lol.

KL2
04-08-2016, 12:56 AM
Again, with the one game/series cherry pick again.

While you're at it, post Mookie's career playoff stats (hint: they're relatively terrible).

You really are a shit debater. Now run along and find a video of a helicopter parent teaching his kid to shoot 3s by blindfolding him or employing some equally ridiculous "cutting edge" training method.

Lol "cherry pick"?

The Hawks could've been up 2-0 in that series and could've taken it, if Blaylock is doing that to the Bulls what do you think a Leonard, George, or even a Bledsoe will do? Do you honestly think these players wouldn't do significantly better than Mookie? Like I said, you don't remember shit about the Mookies or Sleepy Floyds of the league, you just remember the stars they marketed the shit out of at that time.

This is a roster of Laettner-Mutombo-Corbin-Blaylock-Smith and almost no bench giving MJ & the Bulls hell, this team won 57 games that year, you're delusional if you think that roster wouldn't be anything more than a lotto team in today's league.

Melo never ruled anything.

And Lebron's metrics are still rather dominant. But yeah, his "drop off" has everything to do with "bodies filling out" and nothing to do with the fact he's a 31 year old player with tons of mileage in his 13 season. And :lol Giannis on his (or KD's) level. .076 RPM :tu. Maybe he needs another round of Eastern Bloc training? Durant's metrics are also better than all of those players you've mentioned aside from Leonard.

And :lmao at the bolded. Bron almost rang again, in his first year on a completely different team that was down 2 key starters. But yes, you're right. The reason he was denied because a newer generation SF caught up and effectively countered him. :tu to newer generation 32 year old Andre Iguodala.

Kawhi is really the only SF from the post-2010 class to challenge either of those 2 at the SF position.

Melo was always an elite perimeter player, how many other forwards aside of KD/Bron used to be able to go toe to toe with him?

I'm talking about their individual match ups, these guys battle each other matching each other's production leaving their teammates to decide the game, shit like this didn't use to happen to KD or Bron on a regular basis, they used to dominate whoever they put in front of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PJ7TN_hNGI

Giannis isn't even close to filling out, just turned 21.

I guess you forget how much better SF has gotten over the past few years lmao, here is a list of some of the best SF's in the league back from the '09-10 season:
G. Wallace, D. Granger, C. Butler, Iguodala, Turkoglu, Artest (getting schooled by pre-prime KD lol), Deng, Gay, and a young Durant and several other young guys still developing.

Just a few years later:
Leonard, Wiggins, George, J. Butler, Antetokounmpo, Hayward, Gallinari, Crowder, prime KD etc. I'm leaving a ton of names off this list too. Just from a physical stand point you're also seeing guys that can match Bron's size like Stanley Johnson, the average weight of these new forwards is 230-240 easy.

The SF position has gotten significantly better, the depth at the position is the strongest it's ever been. Bron wasn't ringing last year either lol, GS was/is young and relatively inexperienced, they were bound to stumble along the way. I really doubt he gets out this time with how much better the East has gotten even with a healthy roster, Bron used to cruise right through the East without breaking a sweat, that's not the case anymore.

midnightpulp
04-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Lol "cherry pick"?

The Hawks could've been up 2-0 in that series and could've taken it, if Blaylock is doing that to the Bulls what do you think a Leonard, George, or even a Bledsoe will do? Do you honestly think these players wouldn't do significantly better than Mookie? Like I said, you don't remember shit about the Mookies or Sleepy Floyds of the league, you just remember the stars they marketed the shit out of at that time.

This is a roster of Laettner-Mutombo-Corbin-Blaylock-Smith and almost no bench giving MJ & the Bulls hell, this team won 57 games that year, you're delusional if you think that roster wouldn't be anything more than a lotto team in today's league.

:lol Still ignored Mookie's overall shitty, very shitty, post-season stats.

Who gives a shit if the Hawks gave the Bulls hell? Last year's depleted Cavs gave the Warriors "hell" with an Australian scrub locking down Wardell in a couple of games, and I'd wager a guess that Blaylock is probably a better defender than Delly.

I remember all of those players fine, because I'm not 19 like yourself. The difference is that I actually remember how good those players were while you evaluate them through youtube highlights. Blaylock was a solid, defensive first PG on the level of a Mike Conley. Steve Smith wasn't any worse than most modern 2nd tier SGs like CJ McCollum, Rodney Hood, Kyle Korver, etc. And 97 Laettner was a beast. 112/101 ORTG/DRTG spread, and was consistently money from the longer mid range. Basically the white LMA. He just couldn't stay healthy. And Deke was a great paint anchor. The 97 Hawks were a very good team. Like most 90's teams, they were front loaded, but they're no worse than a team like the Grizzlies in the modern NBA.

Melo was always an elite perimeter player, how many other forwards aside of KD/Bron used to be able to go toe to toe with him?

:lol Melo

Outplayed by Luke fuckin' Walton in the '08 matchup vs. the Lakers. Next season, he tees off on Ariza for the first two games, and guess who Phil puts on Melo for the final games? Undersized Kirby, who demolishes Melo at both ends in the remaining games. He had a good series against the Jazz in '10, but loses. Then he goes to New York and gets worked by a past-his-prime Paul Pierce in the playoffs.

Melo never ruled.

And since when did Bron "cruise" through the East without breaking a sweat? Aside from his '07 heroics, he consistently lost with the Cavs. Only when teamed up with Bosh and Wade, did he start "cruising."

G-Force: Athletic freak with tons of upside. Could never stay healthy. But he peaked as a 20 ppg guy and remained a ~100 DRTG level defender. If G-Force was a rookie right now, you'd be creaming yourself at his potential. "Just wait til he fills out!"

Danny Granger was another beast who was sadly derailed by injuries. Same thing applies to G-Force above. You'd be creaming yourself if Danny was a young and healthy player right now. "Danny Granger is 6'9", long as hell, and moves like a cat. He's only 24, yet is already a 25ppg scorer. Just wait til his body fills out!" No young modern SF aside from Kawhi and George has yet to reach Danny's peak level (and since he was injured before he reached his basketball peak, we'll never know how good he could've been).

Iggy just won the Finals MVP. So I don't see how citing him helps your argument.

Artest schooled by pre-prime KD?

Artest locked his ass down:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2010-nba-western-conference-first-round-thunder-vs-lakers.html

And the same logic to Deng and Gay applies. If they were young players, you'd be retardedly overrating them, as well.

No, the SF position has not gotten significantly better. You forget how good the players you mentioned were because the majority of them were derailed by injuries or past their primes. With the exception of Kawhi, Bron and KD still rule the position, like they have since '10. And :lol Hayward, Giannis, Gallo, Crowder, Stanley Johnson any better than Gay, G-Force, Granger, Deng, Artest. Wiggins will be one to watch, perhaps. But he might not wind up any better than Gerald Wallace, who had similar athleticism and skillset.

The only reason the SF position is "somewhat" better is because the emergence of Kawhi and to an extent Paul George, but overall, it's not that much deeper than it was in '09-'12.

Jimmy Butler is also an SG.

KL2
04-09-2016, 04:16 PM
Still ignored Mookie's overall shitty, very shitty, post-season stats.

Who gives a shit if the Hawks gave the Bulls hell? Last year's depleted Cavs gave the Warriors "hell" with an Australian scrub locking down Wardell in a couple of games, and I'd wager a guess that Blaylock is probably a better defender than Delly.

This is a veteran Bulls team struggling against Mookie and the Hawks. GS is young and was on their 1st title run, of course they were going to struggle along the way. And Bron>>>>>Mookie LOL. Curry was never locked up by Delly, he had a momentary lapse in focus for a game, like I said, they never made it this far.

I remember all of those players fine, because I'm not 19 like yourself. The difference is that I actually remember how good those players were while you evaluate them through youtube highlights. Blaylock was a solid, defensive first PG on the level of a Mike Conley. Steve Smith wasn't any worse than most modern 2nd tier SGs like CJ McCollum, Rodney Hood, Kyle Korver, etc. And 97 Laettner was a beast. 112/101 ORTG/DRTG spread, and was consistently money from the longer mid range. Basically the white LMA. He just couldn't stay healthy. And Deke was a great paint anchor. The 97 Hawks were a very good team. Like most 90's teams, they were front loaded, but they're no worse than a team like the Grizzlies in the modern NBA.

I really doubt you remember regular season/playoff games from 15+ years ago. Comparing Laettner to Aldridge :lmao, Aldridge is 270lbs he'd straight bully those Bulls teams, he wasn't 240-250 like Laettner. You don't remember the scrubs that were guarding MJ/Pippen, or even Blaylock. Grizz>>>Hawks

You just remember the peak. Guys like McCollum & Hood would be stars in the 90s playing against guys like Tyrone Corbin or Jon Barry.

:lol Melo

Outplayed by Luke fuckin' Walton in the '08 matchup vs. the Lakers. Next season, he tees off on Ariza for the first two games, and guess who Phil puts on Melo for the final games? Undersized Kirby, who demolishes Melo at both ends in the remaining games. He had a good series against the Jazz in '10, but loses. Then he goes to New York and gets worked by a past-his-prime Paul Pierce in the playoffs.

Melo never ruled.

Melo was averaging 12.5 FTA against the '08 Lakers, he shot 28 in the final 2 games, they could not guard him. He also outplayed Pierce in their series. Very few people used to rival him in 1v1 match ups, now it's just common.

And since when did Bron "cruise" through the East without breaking a sweat? Aside from his '07 heroics, he consistently lost with the Cavs. Only when teamed up with Bosh and Wade, did he start "cruising."

Bron lead the Cavs to 66 and 61 wins his Final 2 years there, he cruised through the regular season.

This team with Illgauskus & Boobie Gibson winning 66 games:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2009.html

Bron couldn't do shit with that team in today's league.

The only guys that would rival him were players like KD & Melo, whoever he matched up with, he generally demolished.

G-Force: Athletic freak with tons of upside. Could never stay healthy. But he peaked as a 20 ppg guy and remained a ~100 DRTG level defender. If G-Force was a rookie right now, you'd be creaming yourself at his potential. "Just wait til he fills out!"

Danny Granger was another beast who was sadly derailed by injuries. Same thing applies to G-Force above. You'd be creaming yourself if Danny was a young and healthy player right now. "Danny Granger is 6'9", long as hell, and moves like a cat. He's only 24, yet is already a 25ppg scorer. Just wait til his body fills out!" No young modern SF aside from Kawhi and George has yet to reach Danny's peak level (and since he was injured before he reached his basketball peak, we'll never know how good he could've been).

Granger was a scrub he choked HARD against Bron's Heat in the playoffs who were just cruising at that time:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2760/year/2012/danny-granger

Anybody that has watched him and PG play will know PG is levels ahead of him, it's not even close.

Iggy just won the Finals MVP. So I don't see how citing him helps your argument.

Curry was the real MVP, GS dedicated their entire defense towards stopping Bron, Igudoala had a significant amount of help from Green/Bogut. Iguodala was the false MVP just like Porker in '07.

Artest schooled by pre-prime KD?

Artest locked his ass down:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2010-nba-western-conference-first-round-thunder-vs-lakers.html

Durant averaged 10 FTA that series, Artest could not guard him, it'd be obvious if you actually watched the series, there are even clips on Youtube of Artest getting schooled by him that series he was struggling just to stay with him.

The only thing that saved LA was OKC's entire core not being in their prime, Westbrook-Ibaka-KD were all very young and inexperienced. Even Danny Green has done a much better job of guarding a prime KD.

And the same logic to Deng and Gay applies. If they were young players, you'd be retardedly overrating them, as well.

No, the SF position has not gotten significantly better. You forget how good the players you mentioned were because the majority of them were derailed by injuries or past their primes. With the exception of Kawhi, Bron and KD still rule the position, like they have since '10. And :lol Hayward, Giannis, Gallo, Crowder, Stanley Johnson any better than Gay, G-Force, Granger, Deng, Artest. Wiggins will be one to watch, perhaps. But he might not wind up any better than Gerald Wallace, who had similar athleticism and skillset.

The only reason the SF position is "somewhat" better is because the emergence of Kawhi and to an extent Paul George, but overall, it's not that much deeper than it was in '09-'12.

Jimmy Butler is also an SG.

The SF position has gotten significantly better and deeper, you haven't been watching the NBA this year.

Antetokounmpo has been averaging close to a triple double ever since the Bucks have put him at PG, this is a 6'11 SF we're talking about playing PG. He's literally just as tall and long as Hakeem Olajuwon, in fact he's slightly longer by an inch, he weighs less but is probably stronger than Olajuwon was at 21 years old who iirc was still playing in college.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUznksmYx1g

Butler plays SF when he's playing against other star SFs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NZ9szS76yQ

Guys like Deng & Granger weren't having 1v1 battles and matching Bron/KD's productivity like these newer SF's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNjgXEodVUM

These duels are now common, each night it's Bron/KD vs Giannis-Butler-Leonard-PG-Wiggins etc. and many times their opponents have gotten the better of them.

Leonard-PG-Butler-Giannis can actually match up with these guys on defense and take it to them on offense, this never used to happen.

ambchang
04-10-2016, 02:49 PM
:lol FTA. The entire league can't guard harden.

:lol One game highlights.

:lol everybody knew if they saw it as an argument.

:lol weight was used as a strength metric, then suddenly Greek freak is stronger than Hakeem despite a lower weight because he was probably stronger than young Hakeem with nothing and no basis to back up such claim.

:lol Butler Giannis Wiggins or even kawhi and George as some sort of revolutionary talent that the league has never seen before.

:lol monster age of sf, with Lebron still being the best at the position in his TWELETH year, not to mention gettinng shut down by a sf playing his TWELETH season, who's 6'6" and 210 lbs.

Gummi Clutch
04-10-2016, 03:22 PM
Warriros would sweep that iso built team LMAO

spursistan
05-22-2016, 08:58 PM

Bruce Wayne
05-22-2016, 08:59 PM

spursistan
05-22-2016, 09:01 PM
:lmao :lmao

Stalin
05-22-2016, 09:14 PM

:lmao:lmao

lefty
05-22-2016, 09:18 PM
http://imagesmtv-a.akamaihd.net/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/kanye-1431348648.gif

Clipper Nation
05-22-2016, 09:20 PM
Imagine what OKC or the Kang would do to those products of Stern :wow

Bruce Wayne
05-22-2016, 09:23 PM
Imagine what OKC or the Kang would do to those products of Stern :wow

Kang couldn't even beat the Warriors you cumdumpster :lmao

lefty
05-22-2016, 09:25 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5e/0f/18/5e0f18c354fe1688c04969d80b5176a5.jpg

Clipper Nation
05-22-2016, 09:27 PM
Kang couldn't even beat the Warriors you cumdumpster :lmao
:lol D'Antoni

spursistan
05-22-2016, 09:41 PM

Bruce Wayne
05-22-2016, 09:44 PM
Doc = 41 - 49 in the playoffs without Thibs. Under .500 just like D'antoni :lol

Bruce Wayne
05-22-2016, 09:45 PM
:lol D'Antoni

spursistan
05-22-2016, 09:50 PM

GOAT run, tbh..

Bruce Wayne
05-22-2016, 09:54 PM
GOAT run, tbh..
:tu

lefty
05-22-2016, 09:59 PM
:worthy: Phil Jackson
:lol Popohisbitch
:worthy: Jordan; shitty human being but WGAF, what an ALPHA killer
:worthy: Pippen : better wingman than Kobe
:worthy: Rodman what a player :lol Spurms and their military bible chasers getting rid of him
:worthy: Kukoc : best Euro player at the time, best 6th man and one of the most epic matchup nightmares ever tbh

Molotov
05-22-2016, 10:26 PM
:worthy: Rodman what a player :lol Spurms and their military bible chasers getting rid of him
:worthy: Kukoc : best Euro player at the time, best 6th man and one of the most epic matchup nightmares ever tbh

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Clipper Nation
05-22-2016, 10:42 PM
Still, :lol D'Antoni

Big Dog
05-22-2016, 10:45 PM

Bruce Wayne
05-22-2016, 10:59 PM

#NoThibsNoRing
#10milliondollarDelNegro

daslicer
05-23-2016, 06:08 PM
Just watching Adams get underneath Draymond's skin makes it easy to assume that Rodman would torture him and take him out of the game.

LkrFan
05-23-2016, 06:16 PM

Doc was awesome in Orland:lol

Cessation
05-23-2016, 10:06 PM
:lol Today's NBA.

lefty
05-24-2016, 10:27 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpnxI4z1Ksjsnwk/giphy.gif

Stalin
05-24-2016, 10:32 PM

spursistan
05-24-2016, 10:36 PM

lefty
05-24-2016, 10:41 PM
MJ and Barkley did bet on OKC tbh

UZER
05-24-2016, 10:43 PM
MJ and Barkley did bet on OKC tbh

Barkley picks OKC every year. He's gonna get it right eventually.

lefty
05-24-2016, 10:47 PM
Barkley picks OKC every year. He's gonna get it right eventually.

:lol for MJ, I was referring to that GIF tbh

hitmanyr2k
05-24-2016, 11:13 PM
It wouldn't be a sweep but I would take the Bulls in 6. They were a long defensive team that could shrink the floor, play passing lanes, and suffocate teams with a starting lineup where there was no one under 6'6. Chicago was much like the Milwaukee Bucks are built today and I didn't think it was a coincidence that the Bucks gave the Warriors trouble both times they met this season. The Warriors have depth on their side but the Bulls starters were always well-conditioned and played big minutes anyway unlike today's players that get gassed after playing more than 35 minutes lol.

It's like I said before. OKC is basically mimicking the Bucks. They're throwing size out there and shrinking the floor. GW's passing lanes are now clogged and their passes are getting deflected all over the place. They also have no size in the middle so they're getting killed on the boards. Since they're getting killed on the boards they can't constantly leak out and cherrypick for those easy buckets they get against shit teams.

Stalin
05-24-2016, 11:21 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/2vt8eq0.gif

spursistan
05-24-2016, 11:23 PM

RsxPiimp
05-24-2016, 11:23 PM

RsxPiimp
05-24-2016, 11:24 PM
yeah^

Page 1 holla

Stalin
05-24-2016, 11:32 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/2rgoyo2.gif

lefty
05-25-2016, 01:00 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/X2vihez5SwocU/giphy.gif

Thebesteva
05-25-2016, 01:02 AM

Is that Sam Smith the singer?

spursistan
05-25-2016, 01:04 AM
even if they pull out this series, they are not better than the Bulls..getting fucking rekt by +20 in consecutive playoff games :lol..

not to mention they will end up losing 6 or 7 playoffs games likely whereas Chicago went 15-3.

AaronY
05-25-2016, 01:39 AM
http://i65.tinypic.com/2rgoyo2.gif
How had I never seen that before?

lefty
06-19-2016, 10:01 PM

Stalin
06-19-2016, 10:07 PM
http://i63.tinypic.com/2dw534i.jpg

spursistan
06-20-2016, 09:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClXzrcOWEAAVu12.jpg:large

Warriors getting destroyed on twitter with memes :lol..Even if you're not fan, 73 going to sting forever without a ring...

Stalin
06-20-2016, 09:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClXzrcOWEAAVu12.jpg:large

Warriors getting destroyed on twitter with memes :lol..Even if you're not fan, 73 going to sting forever without a ring...

lefty
06-21-2016, 11:59 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClaqJuXWYAASdiV.jpg