PDA

View Full Version : The "Committee" vs. Norman Powell and Delon Wright

midnightpulp
04-02-2016, 09:47 PM
D-League Danny, Manure, Fat Boy, and Patty House: 15 points on 4-24 shooting.

Norman and Delon: 26 points on 10-17 shooting.

I hope they were just "bored," because we ain't winning shit with our backcourt playing like such garbage and getting schooled by Norman Powell.

Yeah, go ahead and make jokes about Tony. He was actually the 3rd best scorer in the SL :lol That's how underwhelming and inconsistent the Coshitty is.

SanDiegoSpursFan
04-02-2016, 09:49 PM
Leave Anderson out of it, he was pretty good today

midnightpulp
04-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Leave Anderson out of it, he was pretty good today

He's not part of the Committee. The committee is Danny, Patty, Manu, and Boris, who are supposedly players that are consistent threats to score double digits.

TheGreatYacht
04-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Yeah, Kyle doesn't deserve to be in the same category as those scrubs listed :lol

(nvm you meant Boris lmao)

td4mvp21
04-02-2016, 09:51 PM
Is it really boredom? I could see it, but it's also April and no one outside of KL/LMA is consistently hitting their shots.

100%duncan
04-02-2016, 09:51 PM
You cite the weirdest games since Parker had a shitty one. Heck almost everyone did outside of lma and kawhi.

dabom
04-02-2016, 09:53 PM
You cite the weirdest games since Parker had a shitty one. Heck almost everyone did outside of lma and kawhi.

Robz4000
04-02-2016, 09:53 PM
Mid is right tbh, the team outside Kawhi/LMA/West/Fathead has been really bad as of late. Doesn't look like boredom to me either. Hopefully they get a 2014-esque kick in the nuts to get going or there could be trouble in the second round.

100%duncan
04-02-2016, 09:54 PM
The 2nd seed is sealed for god's sake. Man some of you sound like you're not long time spurs fans for worrying about this :lmao

midnightpulp
04-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Is it really boredom? I could see it, but it's also April and no one outside of KL/LMA is consistently hitting their shots.

Manu is old. Danny has D-League offensive skills. Boris is lazy. And Patty is a hot/cold player in the vein of his figurative Godfather, Eddie House.

People who believe these players can supplement LMA/Kawhi with enough scoring to counter what the Warriors will bring are still living in '14.

Kawhi and LMA had their best combined game of the season, and we were in a dogfight with a shorthanded Raptors team at home. That worries me.

benefactor
04-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Yawn.

Wake me at the tip of Game 1.

K...
04-02-2016, 09:59 PM
Pop wanted to lose this game. Parker just being team captain. I'm sure pop wanted a close game to make Leonard and la Marcus more clutch. The ball is going to be in their hands in all the crunch time.

apalisoc_9
04-02-2016, 10:01 PM
Normal powel is a legit player bro. Ive watched him play multiple times this year and hes learned a lot from playing with Derozan and Lowry. Hes taking some of their game and incorporated it into his game.

Wright looked terrible in the games ive watched him play so hes a bit of surprise.

Im not surprised that powell with the opportunity given would kill the spurs role players because those players normally struggle against tough attackers.

SanDiegoSpursFan
04-02-2016, 10:02 PM
He's not part of the Committee. The committee is Danny, Patty, Manu, and Boris, who are supposedly players that are consistent threats to score double digits.
I misread fat boy as fathead :lol my bad

ElNono
04-02-2016, 10:03 PM
Manu was pretty good today... he didn't score a lot, but did a lot of playmaking and solid defense, especially in the 1st half...

midnightpulp
04-02-2016, 10:03 PM

Yes, but as shitty as he was, he still had a better game than any committee member. Furthermore, the Spurs played this game like the Krew have been advocating: Top heavy scoring, Parker in deferral mode, with the Committee being that de facto 3rd scorer. And the results were shit.

timtonymanu
04-02-2016, 10:04 PM
Yawn.

For real

gilmor
Err.. It's disrespectful to call Manu Manure when he practically has won you couple of those 5 championship..

Plus.. this could be his last year in Spurs' uniform...

will_spurs
Manu was pretty good today... he didn't score a lot, but did a lot of playmaking and solid defense, especially in the 1st half...

And a stupid foul with 1.9 seconds remaining in the half to top it off.

100%duncan
04-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Yes, but as shitty as he was, he still had a better game than any committee member. Furthermore, the Spurs played this game like the Krew have been advocating: Top heavy scoring, Parker in deferral mode, with the Committee being that de facto 3rd scorer. And the results were shit.

Yeah, stop citing 1 game examples against a bottom-tier(roster-wise tonight) team when the seeds are already locked-up since it barely matters. And weren't you advocating for the committee over parker as the 3rd option already? Thought you gave up this point.

ElNono
04-02-2016, 10:07 PM
And a stupid foul with 1.9 seconds remaining in the half to top it off.

so what? it's just a foul... he carried us for a stretch there in the 1st half... 3 steals, 1 blocked shot, 4 assists and 0 turnovers... he wasn't as good in the 2nd half though.

Danny and Bobo though were darn bad... I dunno what's up with Bobo specifically...

YGWHI
04-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Kawhi and LMA had their best combined game of the season, and we were in a dogfight with a shorthanded Raptors team at home. That worries me.

-Kawhi and LMA had better games together.

-Overreacting about our offense in a game where our D was ugly and the main problem...

100%duncan
04-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Yeah that Defense. Too many dunks/open layups.

Kawhitstorm
04-02-2016, 10:09 PM
The Worriers lost to the Lakers w/ the Brick Brothers getting torched by D-Bust/Cockson/Swaggy Pee/Brazilian Delly.:lol

TrainOfThought5
04-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Yawn.

Fucking this.

YGWHI
04-02-2016, 10:11 PM

The result wasn't shit against Miami last week... Spurs 122 Miami 88...Parker 5 points.

YGWHI
04-02-2016, 10:13 PM
...Thought you gave up this point...

Yeah that Defense. Too many dunks/open layups.

Shhh...Mid can't handle it...Be nice.

midnightpulp
04-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Yeah, stop citing 1 game examples against a bottom-tier(roster-wise tonight) team when the seeds are already locked-up since it barely matters. And weren't you advocating for the committee over parker as the 3rd option already? Thought you gave up this point.

LMA and Kawhi weren't strolling along and playing like shit, so the coasting excuse doesn't fly, especially since the Spurs have an outside shot at getting the number 1 seed (we still have 2 games left against GS, and are now only 4 back). I didn't advocate for the committee, just accepted that they'll have to be that complementary scoring since Parker looked like he regressed. But even a regressed Parker is looking better than the committee these days.

What I'm seeing from the Spurs isn't encouraging. And it goes beyond "coasting" since this trend has been going on for about 2 months.

Hoops Czar
04-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Manu is old. Danny has D-League offensive skills. Boris is lazy. And Patty is a hot/cold player in the vein of his figurative Godfather, Eddie House.

People who believe these players can supplement LMA/Kawhi with enough scoring to counter what the Warriors will bring are still living in '14.

Outside of Parker who's numbers have slowed considerably, this is the same exact team that started the season. The major difference being the fact that the Spurs have gone from playing one of the easiest schedules in the league to one of the toughest. The motion offense as we know it is gone. It's all post ups, kick outs and isolation. The defense better be historic in the postseason because the offense will be a liability at times.

TheGreatYacht
04-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Really missing Ferrari right now

100%duncan
04-02-2016, 10:21 PM
LMA and Kawhi weren't strolling along and playing like shit, so the coasting excuse doesn't fly, especially since the Spurs have an outside shot at getting the number 1 seed (we still have 2 games left against GS, and are now only 4 back). I didn't advocate for the committee, just accepted that they'll have to be that complementary scoring since Parker looked like he regressed. But even a regressed Parker is looking better than the committee these days.

What I'm seeing from the Spurs isn't encouraging. And it goes beyond "coasting" since this trend has been going on for about 2 months.

1. We're not getting the 1 seed :lol Dude you have to be delusional to say that. Even if we win the last 2 against them, they're still gonna be 2 games ahead.
2. No he has not looked better, Im not sure where you get that. You cite this game, YGWHI cited the miami game.
3. Diaw looked good against GSW(caosting). Manu recently had a 20 pt game. Mills is averaged 9.1 ppg in March over Tony's 8.6. DG sucks on offense yeah i agree. But a regressed Parker has not looked better than the committee by any means.

apalisoc_9
04-02-2016, 10:22 PM
Yeah the first seed was out of reach soon as they lose the hornets game.

Kawhitstorm
04-02-2016, 10:28 PM
Spurs have an outside shot at getting the number 1 seed (we still have 2 games left against GS, and are now only 4 back).

Worriers would have to lose FOUR times:
-Grizzles x 2 (they destroyed them by 50 when Conley/Gasol/Z-Bo were in the lineup)
-Blazers (TERRIBLE on the road)
-Wolves (could be a "trap" game since they might be looking forward to the Spurs coming to town)

So, just let them have their cake at the Oracle but send them a message at AT&T when they visit the Alamo on the second night of a back-to-back. Hopefully, Z-Bo will punk Draymond & Barnes/Lance/Allen will rough up the Brick Brothers.:lol

apalisoc_9
04-02-2016, 10:33 PM
Worriers would have to lose FOUR times:
-Grizzles x 2 (they destroyed them by 50 when Conley/Gasol/Z-Bo were in the lineup)
-Blazers (TERRIBLE on the road)
-Wolves (could be a "trap" game since they might be looking forward to the Spurs coming to town)

So, just let them have their cake at the Oracle but send them a message at AT&T when they visit the Alamo on the second night of a back-to-back. Hopefully, Z-Bo will punk Draymond & Barnes/Lance/Allen will rough up the Brick Brothers.:lol

Grizz can fall as low.as 8th seed.

midnightpulp
04-02-2016, 10:35 PM
1. We're not getting the 1 seed :lol Dude you have to be delusional to say that. Even if we win the last 2 against them, they're still gonna be 2 games ahead.
2. No he has not looked better, Im not sure where you get that. You cite this game, YGWHI cited the miami game.
3. Diaw looked good against GSW(caosting). Manu recently had a 20 pt game. Mills is averaged 9.1 ppg in March over Tony's 8.6. DG sucks on offense yeah i agree. But a regressed Parker has not looked better than the committee by any means.

Because Parker has been in deferral mode the whole month of March. He's only taking 8.2 shots per game. Also, Patty's best game in that stretch came against a Grizzlies team that was starting Jordan Farmar being backed up by Spurs legend Ray McCallum :lol

Ooh. Manu had a 20 point game! How many 3 and 4 point on 1-7, 2-8 type games has he had since returning?

Like I've been saying, the Committee needs to be good for a consistent 6-10 points per game (each) every night. Not this 20 points one game and then 3-5 points for the next 4 games bullshit. Not all PPGs are created equal. A 10PPG player who consistently gives you 10 per night is a better than a 10ppg player who scores 18 this game and then 2 the next.

Kawhitstorm
04-02-2016, 10:41 PM
Grizz can fall as low.as 8th seed.

They won't fall lower than 7th if they beat the Mavs @ Dallas. The Mavs also have to play the Jazz @ Utah & the Rockets @ Dallas.

JJ Barea has been carrying the Mavs but I can't see that gimmicky offense being sustainable.:lol

100%duncan
04-02-2016, 10:46 PM
Because Parker has been in deferral mode the whole month of March. He's only taking 8.2 shots per game. Also, Patty's best game in that stretch came against a Grizzlies team that was starting Jordan Farmar being backed up by Spurs legend Ray McCallum :lol

Ooh. Manu had a 20 point game! How many 3 and 4 point on 1-7, 2-8 type games has he had since returning?

Like I've been saying, the Committee needs to be good for a consistent 6-10 points per game (each) every night. Not this 20 points one game and then 3-5 points for the next 4 games bullshit. Not all PPGs are created equal. A 10PPG player who consistently gives you 10 per night is a better than a 10ppg player who scores 18 this game and then 2 the next.

1. Parker=deferral mode is regressing to the mean, and not in anyway associated with how the committee plays. They're all deferring to kawhi and lma. In addition, so you acknowledged that a "regressing parker" has not looked better than the committee?
2. :lol so memphis game doesnt matter yet this game without lowry and derozan does. Yikes.
3. So now PPG doesnt matter? Weren't you the one arguing we couldn't win against the warriors because of your "we cant match curry thompson ppgs" argument?