PDA

View Full Version : Smithers finally tells Burns to f.o.

MultiTroll
04-04-2016, 01:02 PM
Like all of us, I'd given up on The Simpsons and their current crappy writers a long time ago.
Last night, was strictly channel surfing when I come across Smithers telling Burns he refuses to do to the workers yet another of Burns cruel demands, and on top of that he quits! For real. So I keep watching.

Smithers met his Cuban boyfriend at a bash at Homers. They hit it off so well the Cuban guy took Smithers back to Havana to meet the rest of his Cuban homie gay crowd. Cuban Guy asks Smithers if he is willing to commit to him 100%. Cue a gay guy walking by and shaking his ass. Cuban Guy "well, at least 20%?" :lol At the moment of truth, Smithers meditates on the question and says "no". He returns to Springfield and kisses Burns ass. Saying all he really wanted was an apology from Burns, which he got along with a performance review of "Excellent."

WTF?!
1st I thought the show was catering to the ever growing and sickening Hollywood Gay Majority (Caitlyn Kardashian etc etc), but then they have Smithers turn down a flamer boyfriend he really likes and instead returns for Burns abuse?

Should have kept this show burned down.

Oh well. Next time I surf I wont even give it over 2 seconds.

Blake
04-04-2016, 01:06 PM
So as soon as the gay came on, you found yourself unable to change the channel huh

MultiTroll
04-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Don't know how it could be more pathetic, but this does it:

The episode's writer Rob LaZebnik told the New York Post that he was inspired by his son Johnny's own experiences with coming out. “I am a Midwestern guy, so I don’t tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve, but I thought, ‘What better way to tell my son I love him than to write a cartoon about it?’" he said.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/smithers-officially-came-out-as-gay-on-the-simpsons/ar-BBrkKlV?ocid=spartanntp

Ya you really did your son a favor because
a.) no one knew Smithers was gay before
b.) portraying a 35 year old flamer as being after an extremely abusive 90 year old Mr. Burns isn't negative at all.

MultiTroll
04-04-2016, 03:00 PM
So as soon as the gay came on, you found yourself unable to change the channel huh

when I come across Smithers telling Burns he refuses to do to the workers yet another of Burns cruel demands, and on top of that he quits! For real. So I keep watching.

Are you shooting for votes in this months Rimmy Awards?

Caltex2
04-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Should have kept this show burned down.

Oh well. Next time I surf I wont even give it over 2 seconds.

They should have had a spin-off a long time ago. Maggie could age 17 years and go to college with a whole new cast of characters and maybe retaining Bart or Lisa as a regular. That should have been done 15 years ago as a matter of fact. They could have been doing spin-offs a long time ago to keep the juice flowing, I'd still watch.