PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade for Curry

picnroll
09-28-2005, 02:06 PM
This is a Sam Cook piece which means it has zero crediblity but anyways ....
link (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-050927smithchart,1,7688739.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines&ctrack=1&cset=true)

I'll put in Angel_Luv's vote. NO

Who are Curry's top suitors?

By Sam Smith
Tribune pro basketball reporter

September 27, 2005

Some possible trading partners for Eddy Curry, though the amount of Curry's contract extension will affect his base-year salary and thus the salary-cap ramifications of any deal.

New York Knicks. Tim Thomas and a No. 1 pick for Curry, Eric Piatkowski and Othella Harrington. Thomas has just a year left on his deal and is a serviceable player, but the Bulls would have to get at least one No. 1 pick, presumably unprotected, for a player with Curry's potential. The Bulls would like to get Curry out of the East, but the Knicks could miss the playoffs.

Memphis Grizzlies. The Bulls figure to use Piatkowski and Harrington in any deals, and perhaps Chris Duhon. Memphis has looked at Curry for some time and was pushing Lorenzen Wright and Bonzi Wells last fall. With Wright out of favor and entering the final season of his contract, and with the team cutting salaries, a deal of Wright and Brian Cardinal makes sense as Purdue's Cardinal seems like a Scott Skiles-type player. The Bulls probably would have to offer a conditional No. 1 if Curry cannot play.

Denver Nuggets. They've sniffed around Curry at times and the Bulls have had interest in Nene, whose diminished playing time makes him unlikely to re-sign. Because of Nene's low salary, fitting the pieces could be a deal-breaker.

Minnesota Timberwolves. The Bulls long have had a mild flirtation with Wally Szczerbiak, on a long contract. He's a good long-distance shooter and eager to play elsewhere. Because of Szczerbiak's big contract, such a deal probably would require Michael Olowokandi in return and probably at least Mark Madsen, which might be too much for the Timberwolves. It also might have to include Antonio Davis, whom the Bulls would like to keep.

Golden State Warriors. Rumored in media reports in the last few weeks, their interest is obvious with Adonal Foyle at center and several good perimeter shooters. The Bulls, again seeking No. 1 picks, probably would be interested in Mike Dunleavy Jr. or Mickael Pietrus. But such a deal probably would have to include the long-term contracts of Derek Fisher or Foyle.

The Lakers have been mentioned, though the belief is they intend to keep their cap space for free agency in a few years and not use it for a risk like Curry. The Spurs are in a risk-taking position with expendable players such as Brent Barry and Rasho Nesterovic and could give the rights to Luis Scola, a promising Argentinean forward. But those would be big contracts for the Bulls to absorb.
Who says all the intrigue happens at the trading deadline?

Copyright © 2005, The Chicago Tribune

ChumpDumper
09-28-2005, 02:43 PM
I was about to post a thread congratulating the board collectively for not bringing up a Speculatin' Sam Smith article.

:depressed

picnroll
09-28-2005, 02:49 PM
I was about to post a thread congratulating the board collectively for not bringing up a Speculatin' Sam Smith article.

:depressed
I think I'm entitled to absolution. It's been over three months since there's been a real basketball game to talk about and reading Mouse threads has severely impaired my judgement. :depressed

angel_luv
09-28-2005, 04:01 PM
LOL Pic!

Rick Von Braun
09-28-2005, 04:33 PM
I think I'm entitled to absolution. It's been over three months since there's been a real basketball game to talk about and reading Mouse threads has severely impaired my judgement. :depressed

:lmao

As for Sam Smith speculation :shootme

Solid D
09-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Nope.

Curry = Underachiever.

ducks
09-28-2005, 05:00 PM
only for a year contract or team option after that
and I would only do that with a player that the spurs would get nothing in reurn so mb would be happy

Gummi
09-28-2005, 05:11 PM
No thanks! I know one big lazy center that is a career underachiever and his name is Michael Olowokandi. Same player, different bodies. I'd rather have Rasho.

Brutalis
09-28-2005, 05:16 PM
Nope.

Curry = Underachiever.
'Nuff said.

Plus + The dude can't stay healthy anyways and the Bulls are awaiting test results.

ChumpDumper
09-28-2005, 05:27 PM
As Marcus is so fond of pointing out, it might be worth it to the Spurs if they can unload Barry and/or Rasho for a short Curry contract, but a trade like that doesn't seem worth it to the Bulls.

batman2883
09-28-2005, 05:49 PM
Fuck no, the dude isnt that great to begin with, secondly he has a heart condition that will never go away, whats the point of him even playing anymore he should just skip the playing days and go straight into being an analyst