PDA

View Full Version : Boris Diaw will miss all three games of the road trip with an abductor injury.

ace3g
04-04-2016, 05:35 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/629044192350572544/M72Iic4P_normal.png (https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN) (https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN) (https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN) Jeff McDonald (https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN)
@JMcDonald_SAEN (https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN)

Spurs injury report: Boris Diaw will miss all three games of the road trip with an abductor injury. Trip opens tomorrow in Utah.

monkeypunk
04-04-2016, 05:36 PM
DWest time baby!!!!!!!!

dabom
04-04-2016, 05:39 PM
BoGOD gonna go off.

spursparker9
04-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Fake injury tbh

spurtech09
04-04-2016, 05:47 PM
What is a abductor injury?

Solid D
04-04-2016, 05:49 PM

Taking a muscle against its will.

spurtech09
04-04-2016, 05:50 PM
o ok

timtonymanu
04-04-2016, 05:56 PM
BoBo just hibernating until the playoffs start.

tonight...you
04-04-2016, 06:00 PM
o ok
Better hope his other muscles have a particular set of skills...

cjw
04-04-2016, 06:06 PM
I didn't know Bobo had abductor muscles

I. Hustle
04-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Is that the same muscle that Avante uses to abduct underage children?

Kikoluna
04-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Fake. Just rest.

SAGirl
04-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Hmmm Boris is concerning. He's been remarkably healthy so this is a bit of a surprise. I wonder now if he didn't play in the second half at the Toronto game bc he got injured.

GSH
04-04-2016, 06:34 PM

Muscles that move your legs away from the body. It's basically an ass strain. Hurts like a bitch, but for my money better than adductors, which move the legs together (groin).

DarrinS
04-04-2016, 06:35 PM
BoBo just hibernating until the playoffs start.

:lol

TXstbobcat
04-04-2016, 06:36 PM
Sucks since I am going to the game in Denver but I kind of figured that would be a game that pop would rest some players.

ElNono
04-04-2016, 06:45 PM
gws bobo

UNT Eagles 2016
04-04-2016, 07:04 PM
no biggie, he's been awful last 20 games or so anyways

Proxy
04-04-2016, 07:35 PM
https://40.media.tumblr.com/3acdf2b8213a54c26ee55f00faf9fe31/tumblr_o54xmquzB21rs9hhio1_540.jpg

tonight...you
04-04-2016, 07:37 PM
https://40.media.tumblr.com/3acdf2b8213a54c26ee55f00faf9fe31/tumblr_o54xmquzB21rs9hhio1_540.jpg
Okay- that was awesome.
Major props.

littlecoyotecoin
04-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Muscles that move your legs away from the body. It's basically an ass strain. Hurts like a bitch, but for my money better than adductors, which move the legs together (groin).

At least one other site is reporting it as adductor. There are no large muscles referred in name as abductors. Assuming he is not out for pulling a pinky toe/big toe muscle or thumb/pinky finger muscle, I think adductor may be the right report. And, this one incorrect. There are three rather large adductors in the upper inner thigh, brevis, magnus, and longus. Lower groin, just lateral to your midsagittal line, anterior and inferior-ass, as suggested, juxta-testicular, whatever.

The only abductors that are named such (not just performing and abducting action, lots of muscles do that but aren't named abductors) are for the fingers and toes mentioned.

There may or may not be a rumor about ladies of the evening in Toronto that might or might not be of relevance, as well.

Edit: I guess he could have pulled his gluteus maximus, for example, which doesn't have abductor in the name, but performs abduction, and so they just reported it as an "abductor muscle" instead of "gluteus maximus" so he can save face in not saying he "pulled his ass muscle", etc. But, I'm still going with adductor.

Uriel
04-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Well, at least we have another excuse for when we lost at Golden State on Thursday.

SpurPadre
04-04-2016, 08:10 PM
He was key in the last Dubs game so I guess Pop doesn't want to give Kerr a chance to figure him out.

GSH
04-04-2016, 08:18 PM
At least one other site is reporting it as adductor. There are no large muscles referred in name as abductors. Assuming he is not out for pulling a pinky toe/big toe muscle or thumb/pinky finger muscle, I think adductor may be the right report. And, this one incorrect. There are three rather large adductors in the upper inner thigh, brevis, magnus, and longus. Lower groin, just lateral to your midsagittal line, anterior and inferior-ass, as suggested, juxta-testicular, whatever.

The only abductors that are named such (not just performing and abducting action, lots of muscles do that but aren't named abductors) are for the fingers and toes mentioned.

There may or may not be a rumor about ladies of the evening in Toronto that might or might not be of relevance, as well.

Edit: I guess he could have pulled his gluteus maximus, for example, which doesn't have abductor in the name, but performs abduction, and so they just reported it as an "abductor muscle" instead of "gluteus maximus" so he can save face in not saying he "pulled his ass muscle", etc. But, I'm still going with adductor.

Well fuck me, here we go again.

There are a group of muscles that are, in fact, abductors. They generally say that, rather than "ass strain".

If you use your right leg to shove to the left, you're using abductors. Scissor your legs together - adductor. Scissor your legs apart - abductor. If you've ever done a leg curl machine, where you lay on your stomach and curl your legs upward toward your ass, you've worked abductors. And when you pull one of those muscles, it hurts like a bitch. But, in general, those muscles heal quicker than the ones on the inside (adductors). An adductor strain can hang on and on, and flare back up after you think it's healed.

EVAY
04-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Bummer. Diaw has been remarkably healthy throughout his tenure here, and as someone else noted, we will need him against GSW. But I would rather sit him now till our next home game and win that.

littlecoyotecoin
04-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Well fuck me, here we go again.

There are a group of muscles that are, in fact, abductors. They generally say that, rather than "ass strain".

If you use your right leg to shove to the left, you're using abductors. Scissor your legs together - adductor. Scissor your legs apart - abductor. If you've ever done a leg curl machine, where you lay on your stomach and curl your legs upward toward your ass, you've worked abductors. And when you pull one of those muscles, it hurts like a bitch. But, in general, those muscles heal quicker than the ones on the inside (adductors). An adductor strain can hang on and on, and flare back up after you think it's healed.

In what way did you read that as a disagreement about which way an appendage moves? I agreed with you. Abduct moves away. You had that right. Simple enough. Nor did I take issue with anything you said about healing times. You seem far more expert than I am about healing times. I wouldn't make your claims. Nor challenge them, even though they seem anecdotal.

The gluts are almost (I'm being generous, here...I have never) never referred to as "the abductors", except when describing to someone the general class of their movement, and them being a member of that class. A doctor may have described your ass sprain to you in this way. Now, you think your ass cheeks are generally referred to as abductors. They are not. I understand that you may have been experiencing a lot of pain in your ass region, and this caused you to misunderstand, so we'll let it slide. The adductors, however, in your thigh are ALWAYS referred to as adductors, as it is incorporated into their names. Adductor magnus, adductor longus, adductor brevis. We don't refer to our gluts in a similar way, nor our supraspinatus, etc.

If the report or you would have said "hip abductors" then there would be no discussion, as the region has been isolated, the group is referred to in THAT way, but not generally as "the abductors".

Your vocal cords have abductors, and your supraspinatus is an abductor, and your gluts are abductors. Saying "I pulled my abductors" may happen in circles you run in, but if I were to say that, at least a few people would say "Which one, dumbass?" Ok, maybe not. They're not generally that vulgar, but they would not know which one I was referring to, and they might easily assume that it was a muscle with abductor in the name, as mentioned. They might think I injured my hand. They would have little reason to jump right to my ass and assume that was the non-abductor named abductor muscle out of the 25 or so non-abductor named abductor muscles that I was referring to.

And, for whatever reason, there is confusion about which it is.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2595564-boris-diaw-injury-updates-on-spurs-centers-adductor-and-return

That says "adductor" pretty clearly.

A confusion that would have been clearned up had whoever given the report not used vague and nonspecific terminology such as you are promoting.

Not that it matters much. I'm sure he will be fine. This is just academic.

littlecoyotecoin
04-04-2016, 10:51 PM
Being that I see several sites are now reporting "adductor", it seems to agree with my assumption that it is one of his adductor magnus, longus, or brevis or a combination thereof, and that if it was a gluteal strain they would have referred to it differently than "his right abductor", which is simply to vague. It could cause unnecessary confusion. But, when you say adductor, it narrows it down to only a few muscles so named.

GSH
04-04-2016, 11:11 PM
In what way did you read that as a disagreement about which way an appendage moves? I agreed with you. Abduct moves away. You had that right. Simple enough. Nor did I take issue with anything you said about healing times. You seem far more expert than I am about healing times. I wouldn't make your claims. Nor challenge them, even though they seem anecdotal.

The gluts are almost (I'm being generous, here...I have never) never referred to as "the abductors", except when describing to someone the general class of their movement, and them being a member of that class. A doctor may have described your ass sprain to you in this way. Now, you think your ass cheeks are generally referred to as abductors. They are not. I understand that you may have been experiencing a lot of pain in your ass region, and this caused you to misunderstand, so we'll let it slide. The adductors, however, in your thigh are ALWAYS referred to as adductors, as it is incorporated into their names. Adductor magnus, adductor longus, adductor brevis. We don't refer to our gluts in a similar way, nor our supraspinatus, etc.

If the report or you would have said "hip abductors" then there would be no discussion, as the region has been isolated, the group is referred to in THAT way, but not generally as "the abductors".

Your vocal cords have abductors, and your supraspinatus is an abductor, and your gluts are abductors. Saying "I pulled my abductors" may happen in circles you run in, but if I were to say that, at least a few people would say "Which one, dumbass?" Ok, maybe not. They're not generally that vulgar, but they would not know which one I was referring to, and they might easily assume that it was a muscle with abductor in the name, as mentioned. They might think I injured my hand. They would have little reason to jump right to my ass and assume that was the non-abductor named abductor muscle out of the 25 or so non-abductor named abductor muscles that I was referring to.

And, for whatever reason, there is confusion about which it is.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2595564-boris-diaw-injury-updates-on-spurs-centers-adductor-and-return

That says "adductor" pretty clearly.

A confusion that would have been clearned up had whoever given the report not used vague and nonspecific terminology such as you are promoting.

So you're saying it was confusing because they didn't specify that it was his ass, and not his throat? I was sure they weren't talking about his vocal cord abductors, you assclown, because it's basketball. He wasn't injured at choir practice. Abductor injuries aren't uncommon, and that's EXACTLY how they refer to them in injury reports - because they don't want to say "ass strain". It doesn't make a fuck which report is accurate - you don't know shit about either. You just googled up a bunch of shit you know nothing about.

Derrick Rose had 16 points for Chicago in his return after missing two games with a left abductor strain. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lebron-less-cavaliers-beat-mavs-nba-warriors-home-054820529--nba.html

The Suns were down to only nine available players to start the game, with starting guard Brandon Knight out due to an abductor strain. http://www.nba.com/games/20160121/SASPHX/gameinfo.html

...after news broke that Samuel Dalembert (left abductor strain) will miss 4-to-6 weeks. http://www.rotowire.com/basketball/showArticle.htm?id=10851

Even the therapy sites talk about abductor strains being a "Pain in the [ass]". http://www.massagetoday.com/mpacms/mt/article.php?id=14379

Why do you people just insist on trying to sound like Bill Nye The Science Guy, about shit you're completely clueless about? Once again, I'm sure you won't rest till you get the last word, so just keep digging the dumbass hole for yourself.

playbonner15
04-04-2016, 11:27 PM
for a ransom? LMAO :lol

Solid D
04-04-2016, 11:55 PM
for a ransom? LMAO :lol

:tu

littlecoyotecoin
04-05-2016, 12:32 AM
So you're saying it was confusing because they didn't specify that it was his ass, and not his throat? I was sure they weren't talking about his vocal cord abductors, you assclown, because it's basketball. He wasn't injured at choir practice. Abductor injuries aren't uncommon, and that's EXACTLY how they refer to them in injury reports - because they don't want to say "ass strain". It doesn't make a fuck which report is accurate - you don't know shit about either. You just googled up a bunch of shit you know nothing about.

Derrick Rose had 16 points for Chicago in his return after missing two games with a left abductor strain. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/307308-overview://sports.yahoo.com/news/lebron-less-cavaliers-beat-mavs-nba-warriors-home-054820529--nba.html (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lebron-less-cavaliers-beat-mavs-nba-warriors-home-054820529--nba.html)

The Suns were down to only nine available players to start the game, with starting guard Brandon Knight out due to an abductor strain. http://www.nba.com/games/20160121/SASPHX/gameinfo.html

...after news broke that Samuel Dalembert (left abductor strain) will miss 4-to-6 weeks. http://www.rotowire.com/basketball/showArticle.htm?id=10851

Even the therapy sites talk about abductor strains being a "Pain in the [ass]". http://www.massagetoday.com/mpacms/mt/articlye.php?id=14379 (http://www.massagetoday.com/mpacms/mt/article.php?id=14379)

Why do you people just insist on trying to sound like Bill Nye The Science Guy, about shit you're completely clueless about? Once again, I'm sure you won't rest till you get the last word, so just keep digging the dumbass hole for yourself.

I'm no expert like you, but I do have about 10 anatomy books, and 2-3 DVDs, and a few anatomy apps on my phone. But, I am not making ridiculous claims about healing times. That's some real Bill Nye shit, there, based upon your pulled muscles at Gold's Gym. You're making broad, sweeping claims about healing times that doctors would be far more conservative about even after experiments and data. You're the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black, dumbass. I claimed nothing more than a term is vague, and generally not used because of that. That's hardly the bold scientific claim you're making. But, I tried to be polite and side-step that asinine shit.

I didn't have to Google what "abduct" meant, or where the adductors are located, or what they're named.

You are a bad poker player.

Now, one of your sources is identifying the region "ass" which proves my point, not yours. When you refer to abductor strain, you specify the region, like they did. Because there are so many and they're not NAMED abductors (generally). That's why you DO see them referred to as "hip abductors".

Now Google "abductor strain" and "adductor strain". You'll find entries for one, and not the other. Because one is used far more frequently and the other is generally vague. Not used. Why is there no definition of an "abductor strain"? Use your own source, medscape! Which one do they have an entry for? Guess what. Your own source, medscape, has an entry for "adductor strain" in their database. They have no such entry for "abductor strain" because, why? Just to spite you? No, for the very reason I've stated. It's too vague to make it into the lexicon. That's your own source.

I can find instances where "irregardless" is used in place of "regardless". It's still stupid. Even if it's now "acceptable" because it's been used improperly so many times, it's still stupid.

So, basically, you found a couple of instances where basketball articles are lazy and drop the "hip" and rely on the reader to discern that they must be referring to the hip. It's lazy, irregardless, but I can figure it out if that's what they're going to publish. But, don't confuse lazy reporting for support for your argument. That term just doesn't really even exist as an actual medical term.

Actually, the more educated the audience, the more specific you have to be. If I say "abductor" to a coworker, they will be inquisitive as to which one, specifically. If you are a lazy reporter, reporting to GSH, you can drop the "hip" or not name the specific muscles, because he's too fucking dense to understand nuance, and he knows the ass muscles are "THE abductors". Fucking mouthbreathers like you probably order "food" at the drive through, too: May I take your order?

"FOOD"

Again, your own web source has a definition for "adductor strain" and not one for "abductor strain". If you search Google, all references go one of two places...back to "adductor strain" because, well, it's a recognized thing, or to "hip abductor", because...well..."abductor strain" isn't really much of a recognized thing by itself. This isn't me saying this. This is every textbook and Google. But, I know. I'm an idiot and it's a thing cuz a reporter said it.

Can you show me at some medical terminology sites or Bill Nye sites where they use that terminology, instead of 2-3 beat reporters that may have even been quoted "hip abductor" and they dropped hip.

No. You can't. Because it really isn't used that way. Now, get busy and list all the references to adductor strain. Seeya next week. It's a long list. You can start with medscape's fucking dictionary. The one that doesn't contain "abductor strain".

Edit: And, if you don't want me to keep responding, stop saying stupid shit. Which may be impossible, I know.

Kidd K
04-05-2016, 12:33 AM

It's when Liam Neeson roughs up kidnappers in the movie Taken.

apalisoc_9
04-05-2016, 12:37 AM
I guess diaws ass is literelly injured.

SpursFan86
04-05-2016, 12:38 AM
Of course this topic turns into a pissing contest to see who knows more about the human body :lol

Anyways, I'm fine with this. Whether he's actually injured or not, hopefully sitting out these next 3 games means he's likely to play at home vs. GS and OKC. We should be able to beat Utah/Denver just fine without him, and I don't really care about dropping the game in GS at this point. Just want our guys to at least get the chance to go undefeated at home. Go ahead and sit whoever these next 3 games, but let them play GS at home full strength.

100%duncan
04-05-2016, 12:39 AM
You do realize that Diaw has been the most consistent Spur health-wise from 2014? Dude needs rest.

littlecoyotecoin
04-05-2016, 12:59 AM
So you're saying it was confusing because they didn't specify that it was his ass, and not his throat? I was sure they weren't talking about his vocal cord abductors, you assclown, because it's basketball. He wasn't injured at choir practice. Abductor injuries aren't uncommon, and that's EXACTLY how they refer to them in injury reports - because they don't want to say "ass strain".

/

Excluded middle. You mention vocal cords, but ignore supraspinatus. Easily a basketball injury. Shoulders are constantly being injured, and it was explained to you quite clearly that there are abductors in the shoulder, or specifically one was...you may not have known where the supraspinatus was. But, psst...it's in the shoulder. You chose to ignore that one, and suggest I thought he injured his vocal cords when that was obvioulsly listed as an example of how many different types of abductors there were. Disingenuous.

And who said they weren't common? Just strawman shit there. So are shoulder injuries. At best, calling it an abductor strain is basketball injury report inspeak or cant. Shorthand. A polite way to say "lazy" or "ignorant".

And another excluded middle, "ass strain" isn't the only choice, and I already stated this as a possible reason they use the vague term, here. Now, you're just copy and pasting my shit word for word. Get your own material. But, they could say either gluteal strain, name the specific muscle, or use the more appropriate "hip abductor". Ass isn't the only other of binary options.

littlecoyotecoin
04-05-2016, 01:08 AM
Shit gets even worse...I just Googled your Pain in the Ass link and the title is HIP ABDUCTORS: pain in the ass...lol. Not "abductor strain"...

Hip Abductors: A Pain in the . . .

By Whitney Lowe, LMT

Pain in the lateral hip, thigh, and leg can cause serious, sometimes debilitating discomfort. These complaints are often diagnosed as an inflammatory joint problem such as trochanteric bursitis.

Kawhitstorm
04-05-2016, 01:59 AM
He was key in the last Dubs game so I guess Pop doesn't want to give Kerr a chance to figure him out.

Brazil
04-05-2016, 09:59 AM
hoping this is just a small stuff, this is actually not bad to get him rest tbh... he needs it

Keepin' it real
04-05-2016, 10:13 AM
How did I end up on webmd.com?

JeffDuncan
04-05-2016, 10:29 AM
The Spurs site says "soreness, right adductor."

http://www.nba.com/spurs/spurs-injury-report-4/4/16

Presumably, that means what they used to call "groin muscle strain" or "groin muscle pull," since the muscles in question are on the inside of the thigh and attach to the lower pelvis.

It is not a major injury but it can be very bothersome for an unpleasantly long time.

Perry Mason
04-05-2016, 11:20 AM
I'm no expert like you, but I do have about 10 anatomy books, and 2-3 DVDs, and a few anatomy apps on my phone. But, I am not making ridiculous claims about healing times. That's some real Bill Nye shit, there, based upon your pulled muscles at Gold's Gym. You're making broad, sweeping claims about healing times that doctors would be far more conservative about even after experiments and data. You're the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black, dumbass. I claimed nothing more than a term is vague, and generally not used because of that. That's hardly the bold scientific claim you're making. But, I tried to be polite and side-step that asinine shit.

I didn't have to Google what "abduct" meant, or where the adductors are located, or what they're named.

You are a bad poker player.

Now, one of your sources is identifying the region "ass" which proves my point, not yours. When you refer to abductor strain, you specify the region, like they did. Because there are so many and they're not NAMED abductors (generally). That's why you DO see them referred to as "hip abductors".

Now Google "abductor strain" and "adductor strain". You'll find entries for one, and not the other. Because one is used far more frequently and the other is generally vague. Not used. Why is there no definition of an "abductor strain"? Use your own source, medscape! Which one do they have an entry for? Guess what. Your own source, medscape, has an entry for "adductor strain" in their database. They have no such entry for "abductor strain" because, why? Just to spite you? No, for the very reason I've stated. It's too vague to make it into the lexicon. That's your own source.

I can find instances where "irregardless" is used in place of "regardless". It's still stupid. Even if it's now "acceptable" because it's been used improperly so many times, it's still stupid.

So, basically, you found a couple of instances where basketball articles are lazy and drop the "hip" and rely on the reader to discern that they must be referring to the hip. It's lazy, irregardless, but I can figure it out if that's what they're going to publish. But, don't confuse lazy reporting for support for your argument. That term just doesn't really even exist as an actual medical term.

Actually, the more educated the audience, the more specific you have to be. If I say "abductor" to a coworker, they will be inquisitive as to which one, specifically. If you are a lazy reporter, reporting to GSH, you can drop the "hip" or not name the specific muscles, because he's too fucking dense to understand nuance, and he knows the ass muscles are "THE abductors". Fucking mouthbreathers like you probably order "food" at the drive through, too: May I take your order?

"FOOD"

Again, your own web source has a definition for "adductor strain" and not one for "abductor strain". If you search Google, all references go one of two places...back to "adductor strain" because, well, it's a recognized thing, or to "hip abductor", because...well..."abductor strain" isn't really much of a recognized thing by itself. This isn't me saying this. This is every textbook and Google. But, I know. I'm an idiot and it's a thing cuz a reporter said it.

Can you show me at some medical terminology sites or Bill Nye sites where they use that terminology, instead of 2-3 beat reporters that may have even been quoted "hip abductor" and they dropped hip.

No. You can't. Because it really isn't used that way. Now, get busy and list all the references to adductor strain. Seeya next week. It's a long list. You can start with medscape's fucking dictionary. The one that doesn't contain "abductor strain".

Edit: And, if you don't want me to keep responding, stop saying stupid shit. Which may be impossible, I know.

For such a long and meandering post, you provided very little substance. And, when you finally get to it, your rebuttal to the key point that NBA and other articles use generic terms is to hand-wave it away by declaration. GSH's argument was never over the proper medical terminology.

And for someone who is so concerned about nuance and higher education, you used "irregardless" in your screed.

littlecoyotecoin
04-05-2016, 12:15 PM
For such a long and meandering post, you provided very little substance. And, when you finally get to it, your rebuttal to the key point that NBA and other articles use generic terms is to hand-wave it away by declaration. GSH's argument was never over the proper medical terminology.

And for someone who is so concerned about nuance and higher education, you used "irregardless" in your screed.

"Irregardless" was a joke mentioned previously. I am sure there are plenty of errors in there, but that wasn't one. I'm not making infallibility claims. And, when I just made an initial comment about the terminology difference (I didn't even reply to him, but to someone that asked a question about what the muscles were), GSH was the one that lost his shit, because a small part of my reply to the person asking the question contradicted something he had said later in the thread. He was the one that jumped on me. I didn't address him. Regarding what more you wanted me to prove, it's a pretty trivial matter and I'm pretty sure I overkilled it, not insufficiently explained.

If you believe that it wasn't his argument that it was a proper way to refer to those muscles, we'll have to disagree. He went to some length, even if he failed, to try to find some links at medscape and a massage therapy site to show that professionals use the term. Of course, both of those more "credible" sites he attempted actually supported my point, not his.

So, if the discussion has boiled down to some sources, mostly basketball or sports related, sometimes use the term in an informal/improper way, I'm fine with that. Again, I don't see him writing with conservative mellow statements like that. Instead, he is unyielding, and actually turns up the volume, and overstates things.

TheDoctor
04-05-2016, 12:26 PM
The Spurs are the most statically advanced team in probably all Sports. They have computer programs and technology which can predict (based on multiple variables and scenarios), when players are more susceptible to fatigue, to get injured, among other things. So, there's an empirical process/info, behind months and years of research to back up these "rest days". Not just some crazy coach randomly selecting which player to rest.

Mouth is Bleeding
04-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Diaw broke his ass?

It's honestly worrying. It is seriously one his most important weapons.

A broke ass Boris is not gonna cut it against GS.

We need his ass!

spursistan
04-08-2016, 10:16 AM

Hopefully he is ready to go on Sunday.

elemento
04-08-2016, 10:20 AM
We need him against GS

We beat them in SA because we made them work on defense and Barnes was hopeless against Diaw when Boris was posting up him.

SAGirl
04-08-2016, 03:48 PM
We need him against GS

We beat them in SA because we made them work on defense and Barnes was hopeless against Diaw when Boris was posting up him.
^^ very important point. He's likely to play a lot but will have time to get back in rhythm.

He has a groin injury. I hope it doesn't nag him.

Seventyniner
04-08-2016, 05:38 PM

Actually no NBA team wins in San Francisco. Probably because no games are played there.

ace3g
04-09-2016, 04:18 PM
San Antonio Spurs spurs
(https://twitter.com/spurs) INJURY REPORT: Boris Diaw (soreness, right adductor) is out for tomorrow’s Spurs-Warriors game.

loveforthegame
04-09-2016, 04:19 PM
That sucks. :td

Kawhitstorm
04-09-2016, 04:27 PM
San Antonio Spurs (https://twitter.com/spurs)spurs (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1680)
INJURY REPORT: Boris Diaw (soreness, right adductor) is out for tomorrow’s Spurs-Warriors game.

I guess CIA Pop already saw enough & doesn't want the Worriers to tryout their counter until they actually meet in the WCF.:pop:

Pop also probably doesn't mind a home loss before the playoffs b/c he doesn't want a repeat of 2012 when the team didn't know how to respond after a loss.:rolleyes

EVAY
04-09-2016, 04:32 PM
San Antonio Spurs spurs
(https://twitter.com/spurs) INJURY REPORT: Boris Diaw (soreness, right adductor) is out for tomorrow’s Spurs-Warriors game.

Damn.

spursistan
04-09-2016, 04:39 PM
San Antonio Spurs (https://twitter.com/spurs)spurs (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1680)
INJURY REPORT: Boris Diaw (soreness, right adductor) is out for tomorrow’s Spurs-Warriors game.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/474250448757481472/QcQ_P01E_400x400.jpeg:pop:

ace3g
04-09-2016, 08:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/717832696576118784/yhW4ByXK_bigger.jpg San Antonio FC ‏@SanAntonioFC (https://twitter.com/SanAntonioFC)

.@theborisdiaw (https://twitter.com/theborisdiaw), @Patty_Mills (https://twitter.com/Patty_Mills) and Boban supporting the boys tonight. Thanks for coming out! #OurClub (https://twitter.com/hashtag/OurClub?src=hash)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfpLOzOVIAAc3b2.jpg

YGWHI
04-10-2016, 04:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/717832696576118784/yhW4ByXK_bigger.jpg San Antonio FC ‏@SanAntonioFC (https://twitter.com/SanAntonioFC)

.@theborisdiaw (https://twitter.com/theborisdiaw), @Patty_Mills (https://twitter.com/Patty_Mills) and Boban supporting the boys tonight. Thanks for coming out! #OurClub (https://twitter.com/hashtag/OurClub?src=hash)

Nice!!!! Thanks for posting this pic :toast

YGWHI
04-10-2016, 05:02 PM
You do realize that Diaw has been the most consistent Spur health-wise from 2014? Dude needs rest.

Also, looking ace pic/Boris reppin' Les Bleus with his jersey...He has played every summer too.

BillMc
04-10-2016, 05:34 PM

Boris looking a bit slimmer these days too!:clap

LkrFan
04-10-2016, 06:01 PM
Poor Diaw:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/7171e97fb943213bbce9c23b593a65f5/tumblr_inline_n9m3ko5u6C1s5fc7p.jpg

On his way to the glue factory after carrying Jim to B2B Finals :downspin:

spursistan
04-11-2016, 09:26 PM

loveforthegame
04-11-2016, 09:57 PM
I guess he'll be ready for game 1 of the first round.

No way he travels to Dallas to play Wednesday and it doesn't like a go for tomorrow.

spursistan
04-11-2016, 10:02 PM
I guess he'll be ready for game 1 of the first round.

No way he travels to Dallas to play Wednesday and it doesn't like a go for tomorrow.
wonder if he was ready to go last night, but Pop chose to not give GSW another look at him.

SAGirl
04-11-2016, 10:11 PM
Didn't someone say that those groin injuries are a nag and can recur if not allowed to heal properly?

GWS Boris

Kawhitstorm
04-12-2016, 03:24 AM
Didn't someone say that those groin injuries are a nag and can recur if not allowed to heal properly?

Groin injuries are reoccurring, you will feel the pain every time you move your leg b/c it very tender from micro-tears.

DenialTwist
04-12-2016, 05:23 AM
Yeah groin injuries are bad, remember when Belinelli had it last season.

Uriel
04-12-2016, 08:20 AM
"Questionable" is basically yes. "Doubtful" is the no.