PDA

View Full Version : I wouldnt be able to handle a spurs vs. warriors series..

apalisoc_9
04-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Not going to watch the games live because its unhealthy. Im going to watch the games on replay after finding out the result. Have done this 3 times already in a a series. Uaually watch an hour after the game is over..and im emotionally more relaxed.

Good way to analyze games..

I almost had a heart attack in 2013 game 6...

honestfool84
04-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Lol. I watch the games with a friend... He likes blowouts, but as a fan of the sport, I prefer close games.

RD2191
04-04-2016, 06:13 PM
Tbh I might do the same. Playoff games take years off your life. :lol

DarrinS
04-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Spoiled fan base.

Also, it's just basketball.

dabom
04-04-2016, 06:17 PM
Everyone is emotionally involved. i think everyone feels the pressure come playoff time.

apalisoc_9
04-04-2016, 06:20 PM

Tell me about it...shit is so stressfull.. :lol

Spoiled fan base.

Sure..but I am emptionally invested. I get hurt when the team loses..its better to watch it after finding out the result. I usually mentally prepare then just find out the result and whatch the reply.

I dont know how to describe it but its like maybe trying to find out if you accidently got your gf pregnant except that every basket in the fourth and every scary run in the game feels like every confession..sl its multiple times in a game but only once if you find out the result

DarrinS
04-04-2016, 06:21 PM
I think I got more amped up for Spurs vs Shaq's Lakers, tbh.

DarrinS
04-04-2016, 06:22 PM

Sure..but I am emptionally invested. I get hurt when the team loses..its better to watch it after finding out the result. I usually mentally prepare then just find out the result and whatch the reply.

I dont know how to describe it but its like maybe trying to find out if you accidently got your gf pregnant except that every basket in the fourth and every scary run in the game feels like every confession..sl its multiple times in a game but only once if you find out the result

Everything is gravy now, because 5.

apalisoc_9
04-04-2016, 06:24 PM

When there is less pressure, its fine. I didnt have trouble watching the lakers vs spurs game 6 in 03 but I didnt bother watching games 6 and 7 of the heat. That shit would have killed me. Instead, i waited for game to be over, checked the result, got dissapointed but i already knew the result so o was able to watch the games more calmly

Brazil
04-04-2016, 06:25 PM
:lol tbh...

DarrinS
I only watch recorded games during reg. season. I watch playoff games live.

Arcadian
Fuck that...it's way more fun watching live. Sometimes I watch a recording on DVR so I can skip all ads, timeouts, and game breaks between quarters and halftime - but only while the game is still being played, just lagged behind, because I like knowing that the game is still happening live. That's actually my favorite way to watch. But even then, I will block out all news until I've seen the game. I hate sports spoilers even more than movie spoilers, because at least with movies you can enjoy the story as it unfolds. With sports, if I know the result, I hardly give a shit about how it happened. If I do care, I'll watch highlights (expanded 10-20 minute highlights on youtube, not sportscenter bullshit).

apalisoc_9
04-04-2016, 06:26 PM

Nah..i dont live in the past. Every year is a different year. Even if this team wins every year I am always going to feel the same way against a formidable opponet in a tough situation.

I mean if the spurs win game 1, i will watch game 2 because it isnt to o emotionally taxing because there is less pressure.

Plus I want the spurs to beat the warriors so badly. Best win in spurs history if the dubs get 73..

DarrinS
04-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Fuck that...it's way more fun watching live. Sometimes I watch a recording on DVR so I can skip all ads, timeouts, and game breaks between quarters and halftime. That's actually my favorite way to watch. But even then, I will block out all news until I've seen the game. I hate sports spoilers even more than movie spoilers, because at least with movies you can enjoy the story as it unfolds. With sports, if I know the result, I hardly give a shit about how it happened. If I do care, I'll watch highlights (expanded 10-20 minute highlights on youtube, not sportscenter bullshit).

I also skip free throws, which saves about 20 minutes in games vs Thunder or Rockets. :lol

Arcadian
04-04-2016, 06:28 PM
I also skip free throws, which saves about 20 minutes in games vs Thunder or Rockets. :lol

:lol Me too, forgot to mention that!

Brazil
04-04-2016, 06:30 PM
Fuck that...it's way more fun watching live. Sometimes I watch a recording on DVR so I can skip all ads, timeouts, and game breaks between quarters and halftime - but only while the game is still being played, just lagged behind, because I like knowing that the game is still happening live. That's actually my favorite way to watch. But even then, I will block out all news until I've seen the game. I hate sports spoilers even more than movie spoilers, because at least with movies you can enjoy the story as it unfolds. With sports, if I know the result, I hardly give a shit about how it happened. If I do care, I'll watch highlights (expanded 10-20 minute highlights on youtube, not sportscenter bullshit).

exactly... I mean wtf

Those games are the most exciting stuff you can watch live... thinking somebody wants to watch for instance a game 7 of finals while knowing the results is fucking beyond me :lol

spurraider21
04-04-2016, 06:34 PM
translation: i dont care about the team, i'll just check box scores later to make sure kawhi got his numbers

DarrinS
04-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Nah..i dont live in the past. Every year is a different year. Even if this team wins every year I am always going to feel the same way against a formidable opponet in a tough situation.

I mean if the spurs win game 1, i will watch game 2 because it isnt to o emotionally taxing because there is less pressure.

Plus I want the spurs to beat the warriors so badly. Best win in spurs history if the dubs get 73..

Front office built the team to be competitive for the foreseeable future. Imagine being a fan of a team with a closing window, e.g. Thunder.

Just enjoy the last remaining season(s) of 3 HOF'ers. Keep calm and game on.

apalisoc_9
04-04-2016, 06:35 PM
I think the biggest thing is that with knowing the result..you dont to go through the emotional ups and downs.

apalisoc_9
04-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Thats not to say i ignore most games, i just ignore some games.

Ice maybe watched 3 games in total recorded because I wanted to
..didnt want to go through the emotional rillercoaster

DarrinS
04-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Shit, I remember being stressed about Stockton, Malone, and Jeff freaking Hornacek. :lol

thekingrobert
04-04-2016, 06:40 PM
the last couple NBA Finals I would go jogging during the second half.

DarrinS
04-04-2016, 06:43 PM
Being stressed, nervous, etc. is part of the excitement of the playoffs. I'm just glad they got rid of best of five series.

will_spurs
04-04-2016, 06:44 PM
I often watch games with a delay but I make sure to avoid seeing the result. I simply can't watch a game if I already know the result, unless I want to analyze it. But I can't enjoy it any more. Well except that game of the '14 Finals when the Spurs scored like 75% in the first half to grab the record. I watch that again every now and then just for fun.

GSH
04-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Not going to watch the games live because its unhealthy. Im going to watch the games on replay after finding out the result. Have done this 3 times already in a a series. Uaually watch an hour after the game is over..and im emotionally more relaxed.

LOL. See you both in the game thread. :toast

LaMarcus Bryant
04-04-2016, 06:48 PM

Same

UNT Eagles 2016
04-04-2016, 07:00 PM
the last couple NBA Finals I would go jogging during the second half.
During last year's playoffs after the Spurs were eliminated and the decently-exciting 2nd round was over, and my classes were over, I had nothing better to do so I learned some Arabic off the web and learned to recite most of the Caliphate's national anthem. That's how boring it was.

Seventyniner
04-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Spurs/Lakers 2001 was supposed to be really close. I remember Dr. Jack Ramsey saying something like "this series is going 7, flip a coin." Of course, we saw what happened.

Would a lopsided sweep or 5-gamer by either the Spurs or the Warriors be as shocking as that Lakers sweep in 2001? That series and DAL/GS 2007 are two of the more surprising results (vs what was expected) that I remember seeing.

SPURt
04-04-2016, 07:16 PM
If the Spurs are beating down the Warriors it'll be euphoric. If the Spurs start to lose, Draymond is the type of player that would make me regret watching.

It's going to be like watching a live stream of someone forced to play Russian roulette.

-21-
04-04-2016, 07:25 PM

I know what you mean but nothing compares to the high of watching the game live not knowing what's gonna happen. Sure, if your team loses it's gonna hurt like hell but I'll take that risk because the other possibility: winning. When your team wins... that's the best part about being a fan and supporting through the ups and downs. Watching the game when you already know the outcome is really boring and I feel like it's sort of a cop out.

SpurPadre
04-04-2016, 07:27 PM
I'm just going to pause it whenever Curry and Draymond start to showboat and then fast forward back to the Spurs current possession.

spurs10
04-04-2016, 07:42 PM
I get what you mean here. It's hard for me to watch all of the games, but thankfully we win a lot! It's easier to watch live than at home. At the games I get into the energy of the room- at home it's pretty damn nerve-wracking. I've got tickets for the entire playoffs and will go to most of them for a change. We pace and walk outside a lot at home- it's %^#in' brutal!!
:flag:

benefactor
04-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Only pussies and assholes avoid stressful sports moments

apalisoc_9
04-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Everything is magnified because ots the warriors. I want the spurs to beat them so badly...

steeledl
04-04-2016, 08:11 PM
That series will fuck me up for sure if it happens..... I want so badly to beat one of the best teams in NBA history. What a great notch on our belt it would be.. The NBA community would be forced to recognize the greatness of our dynasty on a whole new level.

DarrinS
04-04-2016, 08:37 PM
Everything is magnified because ots the warriors. I want the spurs to beat them so badly...

Meh, mere mortals when 30 foot 3's aren't falling. A team with a deadly frontcourt is much more intimidating.

dabom
04-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Meh, mere mortals when 30 foot 3's aren't falling. A team with a deadly frontcourt is much more intimidating.

Spurs are pretty scary. You got Duncan in the back. LMA right in front of him. Kawhi on the perimeter, Green next to him. That unit is fucking scary.

8FOR!3
04-04-2016, 08:48 PM
I was on a cruise ship in Europe the year we lost to OKC in the WCF. So stressful the next morning after the games trying to figure out who won, I think I'd rather watch it and at least know what's going on.

SAGirl
04-04-2016, 08:56 PM
Live! It's the best! The excitement of watching sports it's to see it live!

daslicer
04-04-2016, 08:58 PM
I felt playoff matches with the Lakers were very stressful to watch knowing how big the stakes were back then plus I despised Phil-Kobe-Shaq so I wanted them to lose in the worst way possible. The 2014 finals was also stressful because I wanted redemption for 2013 plus I wanted the Kobe 5-Duncan 4 bs to end. The Warriors are douchebags but are not on the same level as those Laker championship teams.

100%duncan
04-04-2016, 09:28 PM
I cant watch replays if we lost already

spurs10
04-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Live! It's the best! The excitement of watching sports it's to see it live!
:flag: Yes...in person! When you're at the game it feels good! Win or lose- game on!

tbdog
04-04-2016, 09:49 PM
Imagine game thread when Draymond puts a shoulder in as a screen and flips Manu on his back and the refs look at the play and shrug their shoulders, allowing a open three for Klay or Curry?

sexinthatsx
04-04-2016, 09:54 PM
translation: i dont care about the team, i'll just check box scores later to make sure kawhi got his numbers

:lol :lol :lol this

Spurtacular
04-04-2016, 10:07 PM
:lmao Apalisoc_9 making an OP to pretend he's not a fanboy
:lmao Apalisoc_9 announcing he'll be posting in the game threads under an alt(s).

RD2191
04-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Only pussies and assholes avoid stressful sports moments
Guess I'm a passhole.

DAF86
04-04-2016, 10:14 PM
I do this but with River Plate vs Boca Juniors soccer games.

It's the godfather of sports rivalries. It would be like yankees vs red sox times infinity. 'cause red sox and yankees fans are mostly divided by cities, while in most parts of Argentina you have 50% River fans and 50% Boca fans. Work and public places become unbeareable scenarios of endless trashtalk of the worst kind.

This translates to the game and these matches are usually ugly affairs that provoke more suffering and anxiety than joy or pleasure. So there's really no point in watching them live (if you don't go to the stadium).

coachmac87
04-04-2016, 10:17 PM
I'll watch with a group or friends or alone but I never watch playoff games in public..

I save that for Finals clinching wins. And I'm downtown

apalisoc_9
04-04-2016, 10:23 PM
I do this but with River Plate vs Boca Juniors soccer games.

It's the godfather of sports rivalries. It would be like yankees vs red sox times infinity. 'cause red sox and yankees fans are mostly divided by cities, while in most parts of Argentina you have 50% River fans and 50% Boca fans. Work and public places become unbeareable scenarios of endless trashtalk of the worst kind.

This translates to the game and these matches are usually ugly affairs that provoke more suffering and anxiety than joy or pleasure. So there's really no point in watching them live (if you don't go to the stadium).

Wtf? Wasnt riverplate relegated to the 2nd league three or four years ago? How can they even possibly have audacity to trashtall boca fans. Thats delusional :lol

DAF86
04-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Wtf? Wasnt riverplate relegated to the 2nd league three or four years ago? How can they even possibly have audacity to trashtall boca fans. Thats delusional :lol

Being the biggest/winningest club in Argentina usually helps trashtalk everyone else no matter what, tbh. The last two international rapes didn't hurt our case either, tbh x 2 (in 6 months).

KimmyGib
04-05-2016, 12:59 AM
A playoff series with the Warriors is going to be utterly nerve-racking... and I can't wait! For as bad as the lows can get watching games live, the highs always trump them. Moreover, the experience makes for far greater (for better or worse) memories.

SpursFan86
04-05-2016, 01:12 AM
Meh, the emotional up and downs are part of the fun in sports. Yeah it can suck when shit goes downhill and your team loses, but fuck it. Wouldn't have it any other way.

gambit1990
04-05-2016, 01:17 AM
Not going to watch the games live because its unhealthy.
found a picture of op:
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/524582515-close-up-of-plastic-vagina-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=t8e%2Bnv1cydoVEOPbU7K3VOW8zgURdjNPYMZPLV58wve26C kwSSEUxoQeP7sNu8a2

Splits
04-05-2016, 01:25 AM
Lol wtf is this pussy ass shit?

I will say it's much easier when you're not favored. 2012 was worse for me than '13

Sean Cagney
04-05-2016, 01:42 AM
When there is less pressure, its fine. I didnt have trouble watching the lakers vs spurs game 6 in 03 but I didnt bother watching games 6 and 7 of the heat. That shit would have killed me. Instead, i waited for game to be over, checked the result, got dissapointed but i already knew the result so o was able to watch the games more calmly

If I saw the result of game 6 and read the recap I would have skipped watching that one later tbh and ditched the recording... I can bare it a little now after 5 but man that whole summer I avoided it.

Sean Cagney
04-05-2016, 01:47 AM

If I saw the result of game 6 and read the recap I would have skipped watching that one later tbh and ditched the recording... I can bare it a little now after 5 but man that whole summer I avoided it.

spurs10
04-05-2016, 02:27 AM
If I saw the result of game 6 and read the recap I would have skipped watching that one later tbh and ditched the recording... I can bare it a little now after 5 but man that whole summer I avoided it. That was a difficult loss and I never want to see it again. On June 15, 2014 I put that behind me as I watched in person the greatest redemption comeback in sports' history. Manu's dunk on Allen and Bosh is a thing I'll never forget and says it all!
:ihit

hooperflash
04-05-2016, 02:29 AM
That should be our next matchup on 2K :tu

weeks
04-05-2016, 02:56 AM
The emotional up and down is the best part of watching.
Game six did suck really bad though...but it's still worth it. Watching a close victory in a live game is satisfying in ways I get from no other entertainment.

tenbeersbold
04-05-2016, 03:48 AM
One of the bennies of being overseas is checking the score when I wake up,we lose,I don't waste a few hours of my life.I adopted that policy after OKC game 6 2012.
Only broke it for the 2nd 6 in 2013 and tbh I stopped watching just before the last minute.

San Antonio Slayer
04-05-2016, 05:24 AM
I haven't watched game 7 of 2013 and game 7 last year because it really hurts.

AFMadison
04-05-2016, 07:22 AM
As Denzel Washington once said, "Man up nigga, man up."

SupremeGuy
04-05-2016, 07:55 AM
I think we're better. It sucks dick that it might come down to how the refs call the games. If they let draymond and bogut run moving screens/body check screens then everyone is fucked. I'd like to see Boban go in for a second and just fucking hard foul the shit out of someone, but we're too classy. :cry

ceperez
04-05-2016, 08:08 AM
It will all depend on your expectations.

I didn't expect the Spurs to win against the Heat the first time. I was actually surprised that they were leading in game 6!

However, I had high expectation that they would win #5 the next time around. If they lost then, I definitely would be devastated.

This time, GSW still looks to be the better team, so if Spurs lose, I wouldn't be too devastated.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-05-2016, 08:31 AM

Same here I love dvr'ing the game forwarding through commercials and usually end up being live by halftime

cutewizard
04-05-2016, 09:03 AM
me too, i cant handle the stress.....

unless Curry is injured, hahahahahahaha

Sean Cagney
04-05-2016, 09:10 AM
That was a difficult loss and I never want to see it again. On June 15, 2014 I put that behind me as I watched in person the greatest redemption comeback in sports' history. Manu's dunk on Allen and Bosh is a thing I'll never forget and says it all!
:ihit

Damn right.....

Budkin
04-05-2016, 10:16 AM

My wife used to be a huge Spurs fan but after seeing me not get out of bed the morning after 6 she won't watch games with me anymore (though she did watch the clincher the next year).

apalisoc_9
04-05-2016, 10:39 AM
My wife used to be a huge Spurs fan but after seeing me not get out of bed the morning after 6 she won't watch games with me anymore (though she did watch the clincher the next year).

2013 was brutal. :lol

It wasnt that extreme on my end, but I remeber saying i would never watch basketball again..only to.come back in septemeber and start watching again.

That shit was tough to swallow...

SpursBig3s
04-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Oh man it was awesome seeing y'all get buttfucked by Chris Paul and Matt Barnes last year

Man, it must suck to root for such a shitty team:lol I wouldn't know the feeling thankfully

SouthernFried
04-05-2016, 11:09 AM
I have done this many times as well. I've gotten better since old age crept in, but there was a time I couldn't watch the game without pacing and yelling all the time. Much more relaxed watching all the screw-ups when I know we actually won the game.

Yeah, I know...lol

ajh18
04-05-2016, 11:15 AM
Avoiding the absolute lows of losing at the expense of the absolute highs of winning seems like a path where you never really experience the full spectrum of life.

Do you not ask out the really hot girl for fear of rejection? Or not go for that really awesome job because you may not get it?

Taking the chance, and reveling in the success or failure that comes with that chance, is one of the best parts of life. Avoiding a degree of pain at the expense of a degree of joy is almost never worth it in my opinion.

SouthernFried
04-05-2016, 11:24 AM
aj...Uh, I'm not playing or having anything to do with the success or failure of the game. I'm just watching. I'm not winning or losing anything. I'm not taking any chances at all. My actions have nothing to do with the success or failure of this endeavor.

Has nothing to do with success or failure in life, or taking chances...or in picking up a really hot girl. lol

I'm just watching (or not) a basketball game.

spursistan
04-05-2016, 11:45 AM
I think Spurfan should relax since we aren't favourite for the whole thing as much as the homer in us want to believe otherwise..

much like in 2013 against a 66-16 Heat team that rattled off a 27-win streak, we are playing with house money..Maybe if we are up 3-2 against the Warriors, then yes, those last (possible) two games won't be good for your health :lol...But I'm perfectly at peace with the logic of losing to a 70+ win team, tbh..it is probably going to be more crushing if we blow it in the Finals against the Cavs for some fuckin' reason..

webshad
04-05-2016, 11:46 AM
Spoiled fan base.

Exactly, first world problem!

People are dying in war torn countries. People are dying out of hunger, etc etc.

But these idiots can't watch a playoff game played by millionaires who themselves don't give a shit about the game after 30 minutes when it's done.

kjhip1
04-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Stationed in Hawaii and I have to wait to get off of work be fore I can see the games. Additionally I'm the only spurs fan in my squadron and everyone knows it, so they'll come by and attempt to ruin the game for me knowing I'm trying to stay away from scores. I think this year should the Spurs and warriors meet up, I'll be taking leave to enjoy the series live.

spursistan
04-05-2016, 12:14 PM
The thing that sucks most is that this most likely the last chance at 6 for in Duncan era Spurs, and maybe for quite some time...i would take this ring for 10-year title drought after it..

webshad
04-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Stationed in Hawaii and I have to wait to get off of work be fore I can see the games. Additionally I'm the only spurs fan in my squadron and everyone knows it, so they'll come by and attempt to ruin the game for me knowing I'm trying to stay away from scores. I think this year should the Spurs and warriors meet up, I'll be taking leave to enjoy the series live.

Funny thing is, I had the same philosophy during the Jan 19 game.

I finished work, went to buy some Vitamin Water + snacks, all prepared for the game, then the Spurs got blown out in 2 quarter.

Hopefully, your vacation time works out, lol.

kjhip1
04-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Funny thing is, I had the same philosophy during the Jan 19 game.

I finished work, went to buy some Vitamin Water + snacks, all prepared for the game, then the Spurs got blown out in 2 quarter.

Hopefully, your vacation time works out, lol.

Yeah I have league pass, so I'll record the game until I get home and then watch. Even if we get down I'll still watch just to see what the heck happened. however most of the time this year we have been blowing teams out so its pretty fun to see the replays on that. Anything less than warrior-Spurs in the conference finals would be deflating. These two teams have to meet. Go down as if not the best series in history especially if it went 7 games with every game being down to the wire. But of course I'll take a Spurs beat down of the Warriors as well. First round will be garbage. I'll be interest in seeing warriors and clippers meet in 2nd round now that Blake is back.

hater
04-05-2016, 12:28 PM
Not surprisingly spurstalks is full of cowards and quitter.

Hell even one dude quit on the team in 05 when we tied series vs Sonics :lmao

hater
04-05-2016, 12:29 PM
I also remember many of the usual fags quit after Elian Gonzales went supernova in 2013. I had called this before it happened :lol

spursistan
04-05-2016, 12:39 PM
I also remember many of the usual fags quit after Elian Gonzales went supernova in 2013. I had called this before it happened :lol
probably most recently the bricks-shitting before Game 7 of the Mavs series :lol

SAGirl
04-05-2016, 01:02 PM
I haven't watched game 7 of 2013 and game 7 last year because it really hurts.
Game 7 last season hurt but not as much. I brushed it off rather quickly. Frankly having won 5 the season b4 made that loss easy to get over.

Plus, I didn't think last season that team had it to go all the way either. There was some complacency even from Pop at times. I though we needed one or two hungry new guys last season. The roster was stale and riddled with injuries, many guys had down years except Baynes, Danny, and Cojo, all in contract years and limited roleplayers (specially Cojo and Baynes, who when everyone was healthy were limited in minutes).

To top it off that team had a few surprising losses to teams they should have beaten which affected their seeding. When they couldn't beat the Pelicans to secure a better seed, I almost thought it wasn't meant to be. TD surprised me in the Clippers series and some guys had a few good games where they got hot, but that team wasn't defending at a championship level consistently and they couldn't get stops when they needed them.

Kawhi was also not the definition of true superstar he is right now, where he can just lift the team even when other guys are mailing it in (Danny slumping and Boris coasting ring a bell? Along with many other streaky nights from everyone not named Lamarcus recently?).

Budkin
04-05-2016, 01:45 PM
I think Spurfan should relax since we aren't favourite for the whole thing as much as the homer in us want to believe otherwise..

much like in 2013 against a 66-16 Heat team that rattled off a 27-win streak, we are playing with house money..Maybe if we are up 3-2 against the Warriors, then yes, those last (possible) two games won't be good for your health :lol...But I'm perfectly at peace with the logic of losing to a 70+ win team, tbh..it is probably going to be more crushing if we blow it in the Finals against the Cavs for some fuckin' reason..

Nailed it.

rmt
04-05-2016, 06:12 PM

Yep. I thought 5 was their LAST chance. During Shaq-Kobe, big 3 were in their prime so there was always hope for next year. Now, with the acquisition of LMA and development of Kawhi, another one is still possible but not so necessary (to me).

Splits
04-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Game 7 last season hurt but not as much. I brushed it off rather quickly. Frankly having won 5 the season b4 made that loss easy to get over.

Plus, I didn't think last season that team had it to go all the way either. There was some complacency even from Pop at times. I though we needed one or two hungry new guys last season. The roster was stale and riddled with injuries, many guys had down years except Baynes, Danny, and Cojo, all in contract years and limited roleplayers (specially Cojo and Baynes, who when everyone was healthy were limited in minutes).

To top it off that team had a few surprising losses to teams they should have beaten which affected their seeding. When they couldn't beat the Pelicans to secure a better seed, I almost thought it wasn't meant to be. TD surprised me in the Clippers series and some guys had a few good games where they got hot, but that team wasn't defending at a championship level consistently and they couldn't get stops when they needed them.

Kawhi was also not the definition of true superstar he is right now, where he can just lift the team even when other guys are mailing it in (Danny slumping and Boris coasting ring a bell? Along with many other streaky nights from everyone not named Lamarcus recently?).

Jesus fuck this girl gets it.